2022 Fantasy Baseball

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:47 pm

Post by Kilgamayan »

Baseball!
Well, this game happened.
~ Edible
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:03 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Are we excited?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: idk she it me

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:39 am

Post by shiki »

In post 51, Nero Cain wrote:Are we excited?
yes, very!

perhaps not as much today specifically as i would otherwise be due to postponed games

but! in general yes very excited

also thankyou for the reminder about the draft; i did not see it before the draft but i do very much appreciate your doing so
feel free to delete this ghost
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:36 am

Post by Kilgamayan »

In post 51, Nero Cain wrote:Are we excited?
My team's game today was decided yesterday to be postponed due to weather

So uh

Not as much as I could be, certainly
~ Edible
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:45 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

yeah, postponements suck.

watched the mariners-twins game today and was frustrated with how many times my guys struck out.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:01 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

hey saladman...maybe I didn't do a great job explaining things but you are going to need some pitchers. Or are you intentionally tanking the pitching categories to always have your hitter slots active?

Saladman27
Saladman27
Green Light
Saladman27
Green Light
Green Light

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:53 pm

Post by Saladman27 »

I don't wanna pretend I know everything, nor do I wanna seem like a complete idiot but I am very much clueless about fantasy, let alone fantasy baseball.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2022 10:30 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

There are six pitching categories and in our league we need 30 innings pitched a week. You need a mixture of
S
tarting
P
itchers and
R
elief
P
itchers. You are going to have to spend some of your weekly adds (we get 3) to get some pitching or try and trade for some.

Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:06 am

Post by Kilgamayan »

We appear to have been awarded wins and losses based on each category, as opposed to having four 1-0 teams and four 0-1 teams.

I have zero personal problem with this, because this is the scoring system I wanted, but I know that others wanted it the other way, so I figured I'd say something now, while the season is still very young and things can be changed if needed.
~ Edible
Groose Caboose
Groose Caboose
Watcher
Groose Caboose
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:13 am

Post by Groose Caboose »

I was under the impression that we were just doing 1 win/loss and I played this week with that in mind (not caring so much about categories like QS and SV+H that I could’ve possibly won by picking up another player). If we could get some clarification on that it would be appreciated.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:30 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Yeah I was hoping for 1 win/loss per week
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:48 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

it's a little late to change the scoring. :lol:

Both Galron and shiki said they'd be willing to do categories after kila expressed that he rather do categories than one win. I thought I was doing what might be best and I'm sorry that not everyone is happy.

D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:05 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Why was my post deleted?
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:21 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

I'll keep playing because we already started....

Surprised though.
Groose Caboose
Groose Caboose
Watcher
Groose Caboose
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:39 am

Post by Groose Caboose »

Can the guy who isn’t playing any pitchers against me this week please do so in the future? It made this week a total non-sweat and it’s also giving other teams in that division free wins every week.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2022 12:14 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I am enjoying shiki's ever changing team name

shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2022 4:41 am

Post by shiki »

In post 65, Nero Cain wrote:I am enjoying shiki's ever changing team name
+)

this game often feels to me like we are ships passing in the night - i see the roster moves each of you makes and lineup adjustments but there isn’t really much direct interaction so i update my team name with what i am excited for or about at that time or how i am feeling or a song that is meaningful to me at that moment or some combination of the above when i check my team usually as a way of smiling and saying hi as we pass
Groose Caboose
Groose Caboose
Watcher
Groose Caboose
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 1:07 am

Post by Groose Caboose »

Is anyone looking for some help at pitcher? My pitching roster is absolutely loaded due to autodraft favoring pitchers for some reason and I could really use more bats.
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 4:41 am

Post by Kilgamayan »

In post 67, Groose Caboose wrote:Is anyone looking for some help at pitcher? My pitching roster is absolutely loaded due to autodraft favoring pitchers for some reason and I could really use more bats.
I have five pure OFs I want to play and only four spots for them as long as Tellez is crushing everything in his path. I'd be willing to part with one and possibly some other stuff for some pitching (see Trading Block).
~ Edible
Groose Caboose
Groose Caboose
Watcher
Groose Caboose
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 11:16 am

Post by Groose Caboose »

In post 68, Kilgamayan wrote:
In post 67, Groose Caboose wrote:Is anyone looking for some help at pitcher? My pitching roster is absolutely loaded due to autodraft favoring pitchers for some reason and I could really use more bats.
I have five pure OFs I want to play and only four spots for them as long as Tellez is crushing everything in his path. I'd be willing to part with one and possibly some other stuff for some pitching (see Trading Block).
Sent you a request. I have no idea what I’m doing so if it’s totally uneven feel free to send a counter offer :)
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 12:19 pm

Post by shiki »

okay

let’s see
i am unsure if you are solely referring to your starting pitchers here; if not i might be interested in kenley

but! you are probably not really looking for a league replacement level bat and it is difficult to value even a great reliever any higher than that when bednar et al are available

after the season we should probably collectively discuss roster and category configuration for next season (and having 4 or so more mafiascummers participate would be beneficial as well) to address things like this
In post 68, Kilgamayan wrote:I have five pure OFs I want to play and only four spots for them as long as Tellez is crushing everything in his path. I'd be willing to part with one and possibly some other stuff for some pitching (see Trading Block).
hmhmhm

jd martinez is ~approximately replacement level and the other four are probably unaffordable for me as i am unwilling to part with freddy or frankie and i doubt any combination of the others would be appealing enough to you

sano out for at least another month so i am in theory in need of a first baseman but! vladdy is the one i am fondest of but unfortunately did not have a high enough draft pick to obtain and do not really have a better trade to offer than one that was previously declined, so! (nonetheless i will continue to root for him) i added lourdes gurriel to cover sano and reyes on days they weren’t playing because expected additional days off until they started hitting and then gurriel got upgraded to full time first base with the sano injury and has mostly just been there as making marginal upgrades elsewhere more appealing to me so far; maybe next week

and! sano will triumphantly return eventually
In post 69, Groose Caboose wrote:I have no idea what I’m doing
this is how i feel pretty much constantly (having already had to try to correct for some pretty major errors in methodology)

but! i am very much enjoying the season so far and i think(?) it is starting to come together

edit: hm maybe after next week i will start doing a ‘the week that was’ sort of post from my perspective each sunday night/monday morning so those not participating might see how fun it is and want to play next year
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2022 6:31 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Kershaw to the IL would be a complete shock if not for him being on my team. Why is my IL always so crowded?

Edit: I'm at 7 on IL again. No one else has more than 3.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2022 10:17 am

Post by Nero Cain »

man, i am getting torched this week

Groose Caboose
Groose Caboose
Watcher
Groose Caboose
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2022 10:48 am

Post by Groose Caboose »

In post 72, Nero Cain wrote:man, i am getting torched this week
The Coke Train has no brakes! But also you’ve tightened up since yesterday
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2022 11:09 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 73, Groose Caboose wrote:Coke Train
no wonder

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”