2022 Fantasy Baseball

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Groose Caboose
Groose Caboose
Watcher
Groose Caboose
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2022 2:53 pm

Post by Groose Caboose »

Can I blame autocorrect for the Freudian Slip?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2022 8:52 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Well, not only did you beat the snot out of me you also picked up Miller. I hate you so much right now, Joey.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: idk she it me

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2022 4:54 pm

Post by shiki »

so frustrated with myself for missing montero’s hold on wednesday when innings pitched and saves/holds seem as though they are going to be extremely close this week

mistakenly thought he might be unavailable because 18 pitches the day before but i failed to realize that duran had pitched 3/4 days and was definitely unavailable

pitchers are pitching so so well and still i am letting them down

and many of you seem to regularly be much better than i am about not having holes in your lineups but i am watching and learning

no margin for error need to be better

but headed in the right direction certainly
feel free to delete this ghost
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2022 3:36 am

Post by Nero Cain »

oof. That 5-30 in the last 3 weeks has helped alot.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2022 12:55 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

My 10 IL slots should be all used up any day now
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2022 6:30 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

In post 79, Kmd4390 wrote:My 10 IL slots should be all used up any day now
Done.
Groose Caboose
Groose Caboose
Watcher
Groose Caboose
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:55 pm

Post by Groose Caboose »

Benched 2 players for underperforming last week - 1 hits a home run on his first at bat, the other hits a grand slam lmao
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:48 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

like you need those extra stats

Groose Caboose
Groose Caboose
Watcher
Groose Caboose
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:58 am

Post by Groose Caboose »

I’m just glad someone dropped Semien and I was patient enough to stash him until he returned to form.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:57 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

In post 83, Groose Caboose wrote:I’m just glad someone dropped Semien and I was patient enough to stash him until he returned to form.
That was me. I replaced him with Dansby Swanson and Brendan Rodgers who have been hitting great all along so I'm fine.

Edit: Playing around with the numbers, Semien has been by far the best SS in the majors this week, but while he was struggling Swanson was near the top so stashing him wouldn't have been worthwhile unless he keeps up this unreal pace for another month.
Groose Caboose
Groose Caboose
Watcher
Groose Caboose
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:43 am

Post by Groose Caboose »

In post 84, Kmd4390 wrote:
In post 83, Groose Caboose wrote:I’m just glad someone dropped Semien and I was patient enough to stash him until he returned to form.
That was me. I replaced him with Dansby Swanson and Brendan Rodgers who have been hitting great all along so I'm fine.

Edit: Playing around with the numbers, Semien has been by far the best SS in the majors this week, but while he was struggling Swanson was near the top so stashing him wouldn't have been worthwhile unless he keeps up this unreal pace for another month.
Yeah hard to hang onto a guy who’s struggling so badly from the start vs picking him up partway through the season as he’s overcoming his slump.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:17 am

Post by Nero Cain »

i need more of those 6 homer days

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:44 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

a whole lot of good it did though :(

Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:21 am

Post by Galron »

Is this a new league?
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:22 pm

Post by shiki »

In post 88, Galron wrote:Is this a new league?
i do not believe so; if you search ‘fantasy baseball’ you can find the threads for each year going back quite a ways; nero cain has been the commissioner for the last few years and zoraster was before;

i think me, you and saladman (esperance spacemen) are the only new members this year and the other five were each present for last year as well
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:00 am

Post by Galron »

Okay. Thanks. I guess I have a couple of suggestions -- nothing major -- but this being an established league I think it's probably best to leave things be.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:06 am

Post by Galron »

Since it was mentioned upthread, I will say that this is my first experience playing the category scoring -- I've been playing straight head-to-head and rotisserie. I guess at first the scoring by categories threw me off but I've been acclimating to it. There's an entirely different strategy to employ with it. If the scoring would change in the future that would be okay, but I'm fine with the way it is as well. The more ways to manipulate stats in Baseball the better right. Sign me up for next season regardless. :)
Groose Caboose
Groose Caboose
Watcher
Groose Caboose
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:52 am

Post by Groose Caboose »

I personally am fine with category scoring but I think weekly records should be a straight win or a loss. A 7-5 win should be the same value as a 12-0 beat down of a garbage team in terms of seeding. That was what I believe most people (admittedly not all) wanted before the season started.
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:22 am

Post by shiki »

In post 90, Galron wrote:Okay. Thanks. I guess I have a couple of suggestions -- nothing major -- but this being an established league I think it's probably best to leave things be.
i too have a couple of suggestions - i think after the season is probably the best time for compiling and discussing these
In post 91, Galron wrote:Sign me up for next season regardless.
me as well! i know i have been slacking about doing any sort of 'the week that was' type posts that i had planned on doing due to being fairly busy but! i am quite enjoying playing and find myself more invested than expected which is always a good thing
In post 92, Groose Caboose wrote:I personally am fine with category scoring but I think weekly records should be a straight win or a loss. A 7-5 win should be the same value as a 12-0 beat down of a garbage team in terms of seeding. That was what I believe most people (admittedly not all) wanted before the season started.
i would prefer this as well as i stated before the season but i was fine with either as both were new to me et cetera and i don't have too many complaints with how that has worked out other than not having built for it to be the way it is as i thought it was going to be the other way; i think straight win/loss gives room for more potential strategies to be employed

i guess the main focus for the future to me would be finding additional managers as only really having seven is kinda unfortunate and i will try to start making the aforementioned posts with that goal in mind as it is hard for me to think of any other way to show other members of the site who may be largely unfamiliar with fantasy baseball how fun and engaging it is
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:44 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

In post 92, Groose Caboose wrote:I personally am fine with category scoring but I think weekly records should be a straight win or a loss. A 7-5 win should be the same value as a 12-0 beat down of a garbage team in terms of seeding. That was what I believe most people (admittedly not all) wanted before the season started.
That's how I wanted it too. I think one or two people did want it the way we are doing it. Any close win I've had this season has killed me because others are winning their matchups by more points so my wins end up actually hurting me.
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:49 am

Post by Kilgamayan »

Well, it was nice having Sale for one game.
Well, this game happened.
~ Edible
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:19 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

11 injured players. We need to expand the IL (it's a joke but damn this is 3 years in a row I have twice the injuries of anyone else in the league)
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:10 pm

Post by Kilgamayan »

In post 95, Kilgamayan wrote:Well, it was nice having Sale for one game.
:facepalm: Christ on a bicycle.
Well, this game happened.
~ Edible
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:53 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 93, shiki wrote:me as well!
In post 91, Galron wrote:Sign me up for next season regardless
:D

I'm glad you guys are enjoying it.

If we look at one win records vs. the standings as there are now they a nearly identical, we have last years data as well.

one win records

Spoiler:
it's all sort of bunched up and it's possible that this isn't the correct order

all aboard the cole train 13-3-0
kila 11-4-1
ns 8-7-1
galron 8-7-1
shiki 6-9-1
nero 6-9-1
kmd 5-8-2
spaceman 0-16

current category standings

Spoiler:
cole train
angels
money
ns
shiki
nero
kmd
spaceman

me personally, I don't care which scoring setting we use . If going forward we want to just go back to one win since that's what the majority want we can do that though I wish we could just all compromise or something so no one gets left out and no one's feelings are hurt. There are already so few that play baseball thought we could perhaps find so new players to play with us.

Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:46 pm

Post by Galron »

One win is my preference, but I can go either way.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”