Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:48 am

Post by Oversoul »

That jogs my memory

I would like to see quotes about that, lol
Or is that what you mean when you said you would get banned, Reck?
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:56 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

no the stuff I would get banned for was almost 100% in Mod Error Mafia
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:56 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

or rather regarding Mod Error Mafia
green shirt thursdays
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:53 am

Post by pirate mollie »

I am sorry I had to abandon you :(
whew!
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:36 am

Post by Oversoul »

I have no qualms with the Captains QT being released (other than embarrassment for how bad my reads were :shifty:)
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:46 am

Post by fferyllt »

Right after day 1 of the large theme ended, Nacho asked me in our PT what I thought of my first team mafia experience. I want to quote it here.

In post 528, fferyllt wrote:it was interesting. it's great seeing people playing well when playing above their weight. reaching inside and reaching out to their teams and being better than they think they are if that makes sense.

In post 530, fferyllt wrote:I mean tensions are high because players are taking this so seriously.

There were times when I just wanted to give up during the second half of day 1, but I kept at it somehow.

there's a lot of agony of defeat going on, but I feel strongly that most of the players in this series put their hearts and souls into their games and their teams, and it showed in the level of play. I would rather play a hard fought, well played, confusing, frustrating game and lose than win a game full of phoning it, inattention, and dumb mistakes.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:53 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 806, fferyllt wrote:there's a lot of agony of defeat going on, but I feel strongly that most of the players in this series put their hearts and souls into their games and their teams, and it showed in the level of play. I would rather play a hard fought, well played, confusing, frustrating game and lose than win a game full of phoning it, inattention, and dumb mistakes.

I'm actually kind of salty because as a macho town role with a revealed PM, I felt that my best way to play to my wincon was to act as theatrically dumb and mislynchable as possible with 80+ people watching intently

which was a really shitty position to be put in

this whole team mafia experience was just sort of draining and embarrassing for me
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:58 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

so

I'm sorry for being kind of a dick in game (esp to you, ffer, way more of the in-game ire was directed at you than you deserved) and afterwords to Y&B and zor, but I kind of had a miserable experience this go-round
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:06 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 807, Untrod Tripod wrote:
In post 806, fferyllt wrote:there's a lot of agony of defeat going on, but I feel strongly that most of the players in this series put their hearts and souls into their games and their teams, and it showed in the level of play. I would rather play a hard fought, well played, confusing, frustrating game and lose than win a game full of phoning it, inattention, and dumb mistakes.

I'm actually kind of salty because as a macho town role with a revealed PM, I felt that my best way to play to my wincon was to act as theatrically dumb and mislynchable as possible with 80+ people watching intently

which was a really shitty position to be put in

this whole team mafia experience was just sort of draining and embarrassing for me

your play made a lot more sense after you claimed. mechanically your role was kinda like beloved princess, which is my least favorite role EVER in a mafia game.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:48 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 808, Untrod Tripod wrote:I'm sorry for being kind of a dick in game (esp to you, ffer, way more of the in-game ire was directed at you than you deserved) and afterwords to Y&B and zor, but I kind of had a miserable experience this go-round

Yeah. I never felt like anything really clicked.

I think site culture now versus site culture in 2011 makes this a taxing experience. Back then, the site culture wasn't as spam posty, it wasn't as hostile, and it was more friendly/communal. It made Team Mafia actually
fun
, even if it was taxing. Now, trying to keep up with that many games, with that many teams/players, with the site meta being "angry, bitchy, spamposting"... it just wasn't fun. I think it's also gotten a bit too unwieldy for its own good... six games, but you only play in four, but there's a token system for bidding, but blah blah blah. I know it was done to accommodate more players and make it "unmeta-able"... but accommodating more players isn't necessarily a good thing, and I think the "would someone who's a bad scum player take a scum role?" aspect of it makes the cross-games meta pretty interesting. It's a mechanic that makes Team Mafia unique.
green shirt thursdays
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:08 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

more team qts?

I'm do want to see what's in the Y&B topic
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:49 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 806, fferyllt wrote:Right after day 1 of the large theme ended, Nacho asked me in our PT what I thought of my first team mafia experience. I want to quote it here.

In post 528, fferyllt wrote:it was interesting. it's great seeing people playing well when playing above their weight. reaching inside and reaching out to their teams and being better than they think they are if that makes sense.

In post 530, fferyllt wrote:I mean tensions are high because players are taking this so seriously.

There were times when I just wanted to give up during the second half of day 1, but I kept at it somehow.

there's a lot of agony of defeat going on, but I feel strongly that most of the players in this series put their hearts and souls into their games and their teams, and it showed in the level of play. I would rather play a hard fought, well played, confusing, frustrating game and lose than win a game full of phoning it, inattention, and dumb mistakes.

This. I have no qualms with how I played. I lost my individual game but I didn't see much in the way of hateful posts. This did teach me a fair amount because of watching several games at once.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:49 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 811, Gammagooey wrote:more team qts?

I'm do want to see what's in the Y&B topic

Upon reflection, I decided not to release out team PT.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:08 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 751, Tammy wrote:and when I look at that game - as it's the one I spent the most time with as the rest of us died so early - Pieguy put her heart and soul in that game, and I feel bad that our mistake cost that team the possible win.

Tammy... :cry:
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:12 am

Post by pieguyn »

funny story, our team actually almost got replaced cos we didn't submit the game selection form on time. zoraster posted a warning message in the PT saying we had exactly one hour to submit or we'd be replaced. i was at a school library working on a team project with someone and checking MS on my phone and i blatantly ditched it so i could get to a computer to submit the form. i have no regrets

our team PT likely won't be released. a lot of it is either me/mastin taking about stuff that was entirely unrelated to our games or me imploding over my game. :shifty:
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:21 am

Post by Patrick »

Titus wrote:Upon reflection, I decided not to release out team PT.

pieguyn wrote:our team PT likely won't be released.

For shame.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:40 am

Post by wgeurts »

Don't know if our team wants to release it, I'll ask.
"
i agree we should have a rule against wgeurts
" -
Davsto

"
let's have 2 rules against wgeurts
" -
DeathRowKitty

pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:49 am

Post by pieguyn »

soz. but honestly, the last 5 pages of our team PT is literally just me being upset over my game after it reached D5 and mastin trying to cheer me up. i doubt anyone would be interested in seeing that. ._. i do feel the need to show this off, though:

In post 72, pieguyn wrote:@mastin: be very careful about writing Tammy off as town. nothing she's done has been unequivocally town yet

DV is probably scum

Titus might be scum *again*. Dan might be scum, but he might just be excited. I will wait for content from both of them before providing a definitive judgment there.

In post 95, pieguyn wrote:@mastin: I think this is Marquis' scum game on ISO. which sucks bc I'm now reading everyone I should be able to read as scum. -.- I'm obviously going wrong somewhere and am too exhausted to find where.

because WTF
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:56 am

Post by wgeurts »

Spoiler: Three quotes showing my reads were better in other games besides my own >.<
In post 510, wgeurts wrote:Nah, lady lamb doesn't work.
Pretty confident on Tier/Shos though.

In post 508, wgeurts wrote:I'm starting to think shos/lamb/tier shift is possible.
I need to read further, page 17 now.
Could you also ask everyone to halt and delay hammers as with the ending of vanilla nightless many team members are able to read these games.
I also think MS speaking to shos telling him to hammer may actually be true, except it's not town. It could be MS urging shos to hammer a scum partner to recover as much as possible.

In post 691, wgeurts wrote:Any of you know ActionDan/ChannelDelibird?
I'm now convinced it's one of them two, most likely AD.

Our PT isn't really entertaining, nothing interesting really. Still waiting on my partners responce as to if we're opening it.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:29 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

Our team is for sure not releasing the PT as we don't feel you need to know which particular posters were giving us cancer
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:31 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

http://forum.mafiascum.net/search.php?k ... mit=Search

I think that search should include all team topics that have been released for people that don't want to search the archives.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:35 pm

Post by wgeurts »

Woo, secret forum!
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:45 am

Post by zoraster »

Thanks to Thesp who added it to the FTP, I have added the icon to 3 out of 4 members of Young and Beautiful. T-Bone unfortunately is a bit harder as I need to combine his image and his scummy into one file and get thesp to add it. Anyone who wants to do that for me will expedite the process, or I'll do it in a bit.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:33 am

Post by Aneninen »

Wow, thanks a lot!