Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #2375 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:28 am

Post by Trojan Horse »

By the way: I'm only going to ask a few questions to each of you guys. I won't stretch this all the way to deadline, unless I absolutely need to.
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #2376 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:48 pm

Post by Trojan Horse »

Eh. I might as well put up my second question, while we wait for Egg to show up.

Question #2: Obviously, Delta's roleclaim made it obvious to both of you who the final scum is. But right before Delta made his claim, who was your top scumpick? This question is primarily for Egg, since I'm pretty sure I know what sthar's answer is. But let's make it official.

That's the last of my small questions. The more important stuff is coming up next.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2377 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:18 pm

Post by sthar8 »

egg, obviously.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2378 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:50 am

Post by Egg »

Trojan, we used 3 tokens on game selection and got what we wanted. The remaining 2 tokens were used for Cheet town.

To question 2, I hadn't decided yet. I was pretty convinced it was Boon so when he flipped town I had a lot to look at. Delta being town was the one thing I was sure about because of Mala's push on him. But I could have gone either way between you and sthar. I may have actually been leaning you very slightly and Tierthought it was you so that's probably where I would have ended up voting even though it's hard to say for sure.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2379 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:51 am

Post by Egg »

Oh and:
Vote sthar

Considering Trojan is cleared by the mod confirmed tracker and by the fact that he didn't hammer.
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #2380 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:07 am

Post by Trojan Horse »

Okay. Now we get to the serious stuff.

For each of you, there was an event during the game that makes me think, "this guy is town. No way would he do this if he were scum." Of course, one of you IS scum, so I'm wrong about one of you. But which one? I think if I can get past this issue, I'll be able to vote with a lot more confidence.

Sthar, your most townie moment was during day 1, when you went after Thor. I know, there's such a thing as scum-bussing. But you did it at a moment when Thor did not seem to be in any jeopardy, and your vote (#3 on the bandwagon) was likely to put Thor in jeopardy. Plus, your tone of voice (or tone of typing?) REALLY feels townie to me. A sample:

In post 656, sthar8 wrote:Okay, so, I totally get that thor's ego killed the dinosaurs when he vacationed in Mexico, and he probably has some kind of socialization or empathy issue that often prevents him from understanding when he's being offensive, but still allows him to take offense when someone lashes back. That's all personality and not alignment related.

But there is a huge disconnect between
In post 499, Thor665 wrote:Players are dumb and play badly without it affecting their alignment.

and
In post 516, Thor665 wrote:I can't get over how derp and scummy that Save The Dragons post is.

"Is Ffrey reading?
Yes.
That's not very convincing!
...bwuh?

Like, what is the magical convincing it's supposed to generate? I didn't claim it supported or attacked anything, but he attacked it anyway after *asking* me to state it.
I don't think he's reading, I think he's just attacking.

And after STD made it clear how upset he was, Thor keeps calling him bad
in every post
. That's beyond the realm of incidental misunderstanding and well into the world of intentional. Thor wants STD upset and off balance... why? He's pulling fuel for his case out of STD's anger, but he agrees with me that being upset is a null tell.

If thor is town, then why does he need STD upset?

If that's scum bussing scum, I'm pretty impressed.

Egg, your most townie moment was during day 5, when it looked pretty certain that you and Boon were going to be the final two lynches. If you were scum in that situation, you should have been panicking; you should've been looking for someone to mislynch after we mislynch Boon. Thanks to my stupid rant against Delta, you had a golden opportunity to setup a final mislynch. And you didn't take it:

In post 2219, Egg wrote:
In post 2217, Trojan Horse wrote:Three days left. We need to start coming to a consensus.

Sthar, who's your top scumpick now, and why?

Delta, same question.

(I think I know what you both are going to say, but I'll wait until you make it official.)

Just lynch Boon tomorrow. If I have to, I'll self vote to avoid no lynch so we aren't in the same spot tomorrow minus the NK.

In post 2224, Egg wrote:We have two lynches left and we know who they are. If Pie or sthar is scum, bussing Thor was the winning move regardless. No point in dragging this out.

In post 2255, Egg wrote:Trojan, don't do that with deadline coming. No lynch is inexcusable right now and Mala probably didn't hardbus Day 2 after losing a scumbuddy Day 1.

That's way more gutsy than I would be, if I were scum.

So that's what I'm dealing with right now. Maybe the one of you that's town (whoever that is) can help me see why I'm wrong about the one of you that's scum. (I'm also hoping to get help from my teammates on this, but they're busy.)

By the way: I do think one of you is more likely to be scum than the other. It's not like this particular issue will "break the tie" and determine who I'm going to vote for. I just want to be more confident about my choice.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2381 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:42 am

Post by Egg »

The answer is right in your post:
Trojan wrote: there's such a thing as scum-bussing

And at that point, it may have been more distancing than bussing meaning he didn't initially intend for Thor to be lynched. But then the wagon took off and if he backed off, it would have looked bad once one of them flipped. So he committed to the bus. And it was a good move.
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #2382 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:36 pm

Post by Trojan Horse »

If he didn't intend for Thor to be lynched, then he shouldn't have added that third vote. At that stage, Jason was likely to be the mislynch; sthar's vote GREATLY increased the chances that Thor would be lynched instead. If sthar is scum, he's bolder than I would be.
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #2383 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:31 pm

Post by Trojan Horse »

By the way: tomorrow is a big work day for me. My college has reserved a room for us professors who want to work on our research. I'm going to devote most of the day to that; I'll have to set the game aside while I do that.

But my Thursday is wide open. I'll try to make my final decision then.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2384 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:39 pm

Post by sthar8 »

In post 2380, Trojan Horse wrote:If you were scum in that situation, you should have been panicking; you should've been looking for someone to mislynch after we mislynch Boon. Thanks to my stupid rant against Delta, you had a golden opportunity to setup a final mislynch. And you didn't take it:

But trying to open the lynch pool there was suicide. If he jumps on you or Delta with pie hard townreading both, then he's that day's lynch because everyone knows that's what scum want. If he accepts pie's lynch list, he can kill pie and revise it later, like he's trying to do today.

As for the 'go ahead and lynch me' bit, it's a pretty standard WIFOM. Bookitty tried something similar in micro 398.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2385 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:55 am

Post by Egg »

In post 2382, Trojan Horse wrote:If he didn't intend for Thor to be lynched, then he shouldn't have added that third vote. At that stage, Jason was likely to be the mislynch; sthar's vote GREATLY increased the chances that Thor would be lynched instead. If sthar is scum, he's bolder than I would be.

Ah. I'm just going from memory and guessing lol.

Sthar, I'm not Bookitty.
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #2386 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:56 am

Post by Trojan Horse »

Egg wrote:
In post 2382, Trojan Horse wrote:If he didn't intend for Thor to be lynched, then he shouldn't have added that third vote. At that stage, Jason was likely to be the mislynch; sthar's vote GREATLY increased the chances that Thor would be lynched instead. If sthar is scum, he's bolder than I would be.

Ah. I'm just going from memory and guessing lol.

Actually, this made me doubt myself a little bit. Maybe I'm not remembering correctly? So I went back and looked it up.

Here's the relevant votecount (I'm removing the moderator's blue color to make it easier to read):

In post 600, Nexus wrote:
Votecount 1.11:

jasonT1981 (4)-
Thor665, Fenchurch, SleepyKrew, Trojan Horse
Boonskiies (3)-
jasonT1981, Egg, Save The Dragons
Thor665 (1)-
pieguyn,
Egg (1)-
sthar8
Save the Dragons (1)-
DeltaWave
Trojan Horse (1)-
Boonskiies

Not Voting (2)-
Malakittens, Micc,

The deadline is at 6pm on Tuesday 14th April 2015. Four days! With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Malakittens is v/la indefinitely

After this, STD switched to Thor. So it was 4 on Jason, 2 on Boon, and 2 on Thor... and that's when sthar switched to Thor. I had forgotten about the votes on Boon. So if this was a bus, this was REALLY putting Thor in unnecessary danger.

Egg wrote:
In post 2382, Trojan Horse wrote:Sthar, I'm not Bookitty.

No, but this does show that the "me and X are the final two lynches" move isn't a superhuman move for scum to make. It might have been superhuman for ME, but my scum game is pretty horrible.

You know what? I don't want to have this game on my mind while I'm doing my long day at work. You guys have helped me settle things, and I've also gotten a bit of reassurance from my teammates. I really doubt my mind is going to change now; I'm just going to go for it. And if I'm wrong, I'm wrong.
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #2387 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:58 am

Post by Trojan Horse »

*takes a deep breath*

VOTE: Egg
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #2388 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:06 am

Post by Trojan Horse »

By the way, Egg: there's something you should know.

Remember back at the end of day 1, when you hammered Thor at the last minute? There's one thing you didn't know: I was prepared to hammer myself, if necessary, to avoid a no lynch. I had my self-hammer post saved in my clipboard, all ready to go. When the clock ticked down to one minute left, I pasted my post from my clipboard, and I hit Preview over and over, waiting to see if someone would hammer Thor. With the minute almost gone, I thought, "okay, I'll click Preview one last time, then hammer myself." I clicked Preview, and THAT'S when your hammer vote showed up.

If you had waited five more seconds, I would've hammered myself... and this game would have gone VERY differently.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2389 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:40 am

Post by Nexus »

Votecount 7.1:

Egg (2-LYNCH)-
sthar8, Trojan Horse
sthar8 (1)-
Egg

Not voting (0)-

With 3 alive, it takes 2 to lynch. Day 7 will end in 7 days, at 10pm GMT on Monday 15th June 2015 (expired on 2015-06-15 17:00:00)

Egg has been lynched. Flip incoming.
Trans rights are human rights.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #2390 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:45 am

Post by Nexus »

Egg [Peruvian Flute Band] - Vanilla Townie - Lynched Day 7
Trojan Horse [The Captains] - Vanilla Townie - Endgamed

Congratulations to sthar8 [Marshmallow Pillow Fort] - Mafia Goon - Survives and wins.

Congratulations to sthar8 [Marshmallow Pillow Fort] - Mafia Goon, Malakittens [The Unviggable Vegetables] - Mafia Rolecop, and Thor665 [Gestalt] - Mafia Goon. You have won.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #2391 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:50 am

Post by Nexus »

NIGHT ACTIONS:

Night 1:

Deltawave tracks JasonT1981 (success - jason visits Pieguyn)
JasonT1981 bodyguards Pieguyn (success)
STD blocks Malakittens (Success)
Malakittens rolecops SK (Fails)
sthar8 kills Fenchurch (success)

Night 2:

sthar8 performs no kill
jasonT1981 Bodyguards Pieguyn (Successful)
STD blocks Bins (Successful)
DeltaWave tracks sthar8 (doesn't go anywhere)

Night 3:

Deltawave tracks Boonskiies (no result - roleblocked)
STD blocks Deltawave (success)
jasontT1981 bodyguards Pieguyn (successful)
sthar8 kills STD (success)

Night 4:

sthar8 kills Pieguyn (kills Zachrulez instead)
DW tracks Zachrulez (targetted pieguyn)
Zachrulez bodyguards Pieguyn

Night 5:

sthar8 kills Piegurn (success)
Deltawave tracks Trojan Horse (goes nowhere)

Night 6:

DW tracks sthar (sees him target DW)
Sthar8 kills DW
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #2392 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:34 pm

Post by Nexus »

Have at, ye fiends.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2393 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:46 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

This game
happened

I had fun while I was here and I'm disappointed in myself I didn't put in a good enough effort to stick around.
Thanks for modding, Nexus!
To be clear: quack

Return to “Team Mafia 2015”