Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #2226 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:15 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

I think the elk lynch ended up being the worst for town. YOu guys really should have solved the BBT/CES dilemma then. I had BBT has the best lynch for Day 4 down in my team's PT - I think I stopped caring as much when you lynched elk instead.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2227 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:46 pm

Post by Regfan »

Thanks for the game Equinox.

In post 2191, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:The main problem I personally had with this game was that town were so fucking good at being obvtown.

This. So much this. So many players in the game (Tammy/Zach/Antihero/Ika ect.) were unlynchable for the most part (Though I still believe if town made the mistake of lynching CES the day before lylo Elk would have voted Ika and we'd have had a much easier win) which made it very hard to get mslynches through.

I by no means played a great game I generally just don't find scum games interesting which shows for those that know me well (Solving the game is far far more fun, next time I'm using Antis strategy and pushing for all 5 tokens to be town) but I'm fairly happy that we won this, was really hard to seem not obvscum enough that I'd get instant lynched but still seem very scummy that people would link me towards CES at the end and it paid off. Lots of town players were on the right track at different points of the game too (Tammy suspected BBT+Me at one point, Anti had Anen and myself, Zach wavered on his read on me/bbt and had Anen, Ank had me ect.) but I don't think they got together quickly enough to discuss those reads before we offed them which let me put forward mslynches like Elk more into the forefront. Also people should ignore Zars suggestion, I'm a really bad D3 policy lynch!
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2228 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:27 am

Post by Tammy »

Oh yeah, thanks for running it Equinox and congrats to the scum team!

I had a good time playing with all of you. I wish that I was in the game longer than I was and that I wasn't so distracted by RL, but it was fun regardless!

Hopefully Monday I'll find out that it's official that I'm a doctor!
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2229 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:45 am

Post by Oversoul »

Tbone, you can stop with the woe is me seeing as how people undermining your win is literally what happened last time to the winners.

Everyone is gonna have words about it, so just move on and let them have their sour grapes.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2230 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:46 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 2227, Regfan wrote:Thanks for the game Equinox.

In post 2191, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:The main problem I personally had with this game was that town were so fucking good at being obvtown.

This. So much this. So many players in the game (Tammy/Zach/Antihero/Ika ect.) were unlynchable for the most part (Though I still believe if town made the mistake of lynching CES the day before lylo Elk would have voted Ika and we'd have had a much easier win) which made it very hard to get mslynches through.

I by no means played a great game I generally just don't find scum games interesting which shows for those that know me well (Solving the game is far far more fun, next time I'm using Antis strategy and pushing for all 5 tokens to be town) but I'm fairly happy that we won this, was really hard to seem not obvscum enough that I'd get instant lynched but still seem very scummy that people would link me towards CES at the end and it paid off. Lots of town players were on the right track at different points of the game too (Tammy suspected BBT+Me at one point, Anti had Anen and myself, Zach wavered on his read on me/bbt and had Anen, Ank had me ect.) but I don't think they got together quickly enough to discuss those reads before we offed them which let me put forward mslynches like Elk more into the forefront. Also people should ignore Zars suggestion, I'm a really bad D3 policy lynch!

Honestly, I think I would have put tokens toward being scum in White Flag if I had not just come off hiatus.
Still really disliked that Cheery mislynch. I felt pressured into scum reading him because of MATH.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #2231 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:48 am

Post by Psyche »

so just move on and let them have their sour grapes.

can't i have my sour grapes about their sour grapes
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2232 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:50 am

Post by Oversoul »

I mean sure, but that just legitimizes people disliking you guys for winning. So, I guess, McDonald's? Have it your way.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2233 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:53 am

Post by Psyche »

how does that legitimize people disliking us for winning if it's perfectly okay for people to do the same thing converse
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #2234 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:54 am

Post by wgeurts »

Oh bloody crumpets you guys, all in all this
is
just a fudge game.
*sigh*
"
i agree we should have a rule against wgeurts
" -
Davsto

"
let's have 2 rules against wgeurts
" -
DeathRowKitty

Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2235 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:56 am

Post by Psyche »

it's really not a big deal wgeurts :]
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2236 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:20 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 2233, Psyche wrote:how does that legitimize people disliking us for winning if it's perfectly okay for people to do the same thing converse

Not their complaints of your win, their complaints against you guys.
Giving people more reason to dislike you, the players.
Just move on. You were the only team with 4 wins. Take that to the bank and cash it. At least the flack last year was more legitimate because two teams had 4 wins.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2237 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:26 am

Post by Psyche »

Giving people more reason to dislike you, the players.

oh i can't care much about that
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2238 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:36 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Bitches, stop clogging
Equinox's
my thread.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2239 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:23 am

Post by Aneninen »

Thanks everyone for playing, Equinox for modding, and obviously, thanks for my scumteam! ^_^

I've learnt a lot from this game.

First of all, the mistake I made was the following: I wrote posts that gave
me
or for
townies in general
town-vibes, but I should have made posts gave
this particular town
town-vibes.
Also, by the time I replaced in there had been quite a lot of un-lynchable obv-town players. There were simply not enough suspects.

But, I think, for me it was more about the ego than about how well I played.
I mean, who the f-ck would be happy if they replaced into a game only to get caught and lynched a Day later?
But, after a while I realized that if we were to push through a mislynch, we'd never win. I wouldn't have survived Day4 and either BBT or Regfan (or both) could have been caught easily after that. So, going down was a better plan than staying alive.
So yes, my lynch was carefully planned both by my buddies and by my team too. I hoped that everyone would believe that I was flailing and pushing whatever wagons randomly... and it seems it worked. Elk was frame-able easily, CES came later as an idea. I wanted to frame Ika too. If Regfan had had hammered me (who had been scumreading me all the time), it would have been even better, but eh.
I was reading and Regfan's vote for BBT at LyLo was like wow! I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw CES getting lynched while Regfan was still voting for BBT...

Thanks again, everyone!

See you soon in another Mafia near you! ^_^
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2240 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:41 am

Post by Tammy »

Yeah I thought the way bbt and regfan played lylo was awesome in that they played up people's fears of a regfan/ces partnership.
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2241 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:43 pm

Post by Titus »

I think they played it well. I was freaking out in the PT about this gambit. I thought Ank would have caught it for sure. Then there's my faked VCA which was barely mentioned. I guess no one really looks at it deeply though.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2242 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:31 pm

Post by Ankamius »

That situation popping up was exactly what I was keeping in my head the last couple day phases. I think the reason it slipped by me in the end is because it was subtle enough to look like it wasn't an attempt to link fake associatives together.

Return to “Team Mafia 2015”