Newbie 1850 - Game Over

Rei
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: March 06, 2018
Location: With my cousin Boris the alpaca
Pronoun: She

Post Post #825  (ISO)  » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:45 pm

Oops I forgot to write what I wanted to tell Mohab :facepalm:

@Mohab when you're free I'd like to see that case against me, and who you would lynch the next day if I am somehow lynched and I flip town

Mohab500
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 24, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #826  (ISO)  » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:46 pm

Rei's posts, first I have questions:


This makes me feel better about Guilty because like I said, I'd expect woofs to focus on getting Mohab lynched, especially since he was tied with Vort.


Can you explain? I might be forgetting something, or maybe I just don't understand what you mean.

This post makes me town read Cheetory a bit more.


Reason?

Rei has some reasonable posts, but he seems inconsistent in his wording? he said that his thoughts may not concide with the start, but I still don't think we have to give him a full pass.

Did you expect to get reactions that way when you clearly told Yankee "Hey, I wanna see how you react" ?
To me this seems like a lynch aiming to seem townie and blend in by lynching any one.


Yes, and also, this is a weird paragraph --- it's jumping to conclusions, whatever is said in the game affects how the mafia interacts, so me saying it to get reactions makes sense. Also the vote, as has been discussed a lot, was to insight discussion on someone that won't lead to a full blown wagon at sight (i.e, cause discussion and reactions from a player without starting a wagon on him). If I say "I wanna see how you react" then he proceeds to react that could mean something, and if he proceeds to avoid reacting tha's also something, different if I didn't say. I also don't see where the last sentence comes from.

last paragraph that basically screamed someone wanting to just lynch for the sake of it


?

It seems to me from this tally like The Vortigaunt was using the fact that Mohab was sused, and lynched him. Of course there is the probability of bussing but I don't think it was the case here because it was a bit too early to buss a partner, especially since there was still a chance he could be saved.
The Vort was lynched by Cheetory but at the same time he was the first lynch on Vort, so it could've been an attempt to distance them from each other but he couldn't unlynch when Vort had 3 votes since it would seem suspicious.

I don't know if the two wolves would pile on one townie so early in the game, which kinda makes me lean towards Cheetory being the last woof.


This all seems like reasonable thoughts and conclusions.

Vort started to question Cheetory after Icon did it., cheetory later posted what he found wolfy about him. Kinda seems like a newbie woof trying to find anyone to sus, hmmm.


Rei has been pretty open with his thoughts, so feel free to ignore this since it might just be playstyle, but I don't think the wording here implies someone who is just starting to catch up on the page, more like someone who's read before and trying to fake "first time reading" reaction.

Guilty unlynched Yankee which makes me feel better about him. I feel like if he was evil with Vort leading, he'd try to seem like he still suses Yankee and make others sus him too, instead of just unlynching.


This seems like a bad reason. Guilty is confirmed town so it also reinforces what I said about having read the thread already. However, it's consistent with Rei's reasoning on other things (i.e, expecting or thinking of what scum would do).

Okay this makes me town read Lemon/northsidegirl more. She started the wagon on Vort when she could've voted Yankee instead, who was leading at the time.


Honestly, this again seems like someone who read up on the NSG D2 reads and knows the main reasons for townread, then just mentions that reason. Like, I wouldn't assume from Rei's posts that he would ignore the vote has no proper reasoning even in context, It seems like something he'd mention atleast.

I feel like there's something missing though, Vort's JK claim isn't something I'd expect from a newbie so what made him do it? Did he play offsite before?


Probably nitpicky, but what's the purpose of this..?

Right now, I probably scumread Rei more than NSG by quite margin. I may check Elfis' posts again later to see if there is anything relatable. So now it's Cheet > NSG > Rei.

Micc
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 01, 2013
Location: The Bradley Center
Pronoun: He

Post Post #827  (ISO)  » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:57 pm

Votecount 3.03Not Voting (5) - Rei, Mohab500, northsidegal, Cheetory6, GuiltyLion

With 5 votes in play it takes 3 to lynch.

The deadline for Day 3 is in (expired on 2018-03-17 12:30:34).
"To hide a tree, use a forest" - Ninja Boy Hideo

Rei
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: March 06, 2018
Location: With my cousin Boris the alpaca
Pronoun: She

Post Post #828  (ISO)  » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:08 pm

In post 826, Mohab500 wrote:Rei's posts, first I have questions:


This makes me feel better about Guilty because like I said, I'd expect woofs to focus on getting Mohab lynched, especially since he was tied with Vort.


Can you explain? I might be forgetting something, or maybe I just don't understand what you mean.

This post makes me town read Cheetory a bit more.


Reason?

Rei has some reasonable posts, but he seems inconsistent in his wording? he said that his thoughts may not concide with the start, but I still don't think we have to give him a full pass.

Did you expect to get reactions that way when you clearly told Yankee "Hey, I wanna see how you react" ?
To me this seems like a lynch aiming to seem townie and blend in by lynching any one.


Yes, and also, this is a weird paragraph --- it's jumping to conclusions, whatever is said in the game affects how the mafia interacts, so me saying it to get reactions makes sense. Also the vote, as has been discussed a lot, was to insight discussion on someone that won't lead to a full blown wagon at sight (i.e, cause discussion and reactions from a player without starting a wagon on him). If I say "I wanna see how you react" then he proceeds to react that could mean something, and if he proceeds to avoid reacting tha's also something, different if I didn't say. I also don't see where the last sentence comes from.

last paragraph that basically screamed someone wanting to just lynch for the sake of it


?

It seems to me from this tally like The Vortigaunt was using the fact that Mohab was sused, and lynched him. Of course there is the probability of bussing but I don't think it was the case here because it was a bit too early to buss a partner, especially since there was still a chance he could be saved.
The Vort was lynched by Cheetory but at the same time he was the first lynch on Vort, so it could've been an attempt to distance them from each other but he couldn't unlynch when Vort had 3 votes since it would seem suspicious.

I don't know if the two wolves would pile on one townie so early in the game, which kinda makes me lean towards Cheetory being the last woof.


This all seems like reasonable thoughts and conclusions.

Vort started to question Cheetory after Icon did it., cheetory later posted what he found wolfy about him. Kinda seems like a newbie woof trying to find anyone to sus, hmmm.


Rei has been pretty open with his thoughts, so feel free to ignore this since it might just be playstyle, but I don't think the wording here implies someone who is just starting to catch up on the page, more like someone who's read before and trying to fake "first time reading" reaction.

Guilty unlynched Yankee which makes me feel better about him. I feel like if he was evil with Vort leading, he'd try to seem like he still suses Yankee and make others sus him too, instead of just unlynching.


This seems like a bad reason. Guilty is confirmed town so it also reinforces what I said about having read the thread already. However, it's consistent with Rei's reasoning on other things (i.e, expecting or thinking of what scum would do).

Okay this makes me town read Lemon/northsidegirl more. She started the wagon on Vort when she could've voted Yankee instead, who was leading at the time.


Honestly, this again seems like someone who read up on the NSG D2 reads and knows the main reasons for townread, then just mentions that reason. Like, I wouldn't assume from Rei's posts that he would ignore the vote has no proper reasoning even in context, It seems like something he'd mention atleast.

I feel like there's something missing though, Vort's JK claim isn't something I'd expect from a newbie so what made him do it? Did he play offsite before?


Probably nitpicky, but what's the purpose of this..?

Right now, I probably scumread Rei more than NSG by quite margin. I may check Elfis' posts again later to see if there is anything relatable. So now it's Cheet > NSG > Rei.


Answering you questions in sequence:

1. At the start I was town reading you, in fact I put you on top of my list because you had certain actions I found too bold for a wolf, so I was going by that and thinking to myself that if you're town and guilty is wolf, then I think he would use the suspicion on you to push for you more. Of course this was at the start before I read that Guilty was seered as inno.

2. I already explained to cheetory last page why i found him townie now, also I must disagree about me being inconsistent being a bad thing. I find it normal to change your mind or thoughts about someone especially if you don't know anybody's roles, because you're in constant paranoia about whether you're right or not. At least that's how it is for me. Not saying that inconsistency is always townie, there's a line which can be very wolfy if you cross, but I believe that being TOO consistent as well is a sign of someone who's not trying to look at all possibilities.

3. If you tell someone "I wanna see how you react" and he proceeds to react as you say, then that reaction is not genuine because they're doing it while knowing that their reaction is being watched. If someone wants to truly see a reaction from someone then they would try to keep it a secret, to surprise them in a way that gets a truly genuine reaction from them. Telling them your intention beforehand is pretty much useless, no offence. Also, I honestly don't see how you thought a wagon would start from a simple lynch at the start of the game.

4.You said

The reason for voting Yankeefan specifically is that he seems, to me, the only one who if I voted, wouldn't really point into any lead, and tempt people to think of someone as mafia, as he was already being randomly voted; voting cheeto or guiltylion or vortigaunt would seem like I am taking a lead and going off on it, as opposed to voting on someone who I haven't really tried to read yet.


Like, why would you not want your lynch to point to any lead, the whole goal in this game is to lynch, and think about it and keep it or unlynch if you feel the person is town...etc. If you didn't want your lynch to "point to any lead" then simply don't lynch until you have a lead. That's why it seems like you're just lynching for the sake of it. Also, if you think you lynching someone randomly at the start of the game could "tempt" people to wagon on that person then there are two possibilites: 1)Either they're wOOFS who jumped on a wagon so obviously at the start and outed themselves. 2)They're simply trying to put pressure on a player and won't majo it anyway

But yeah, summary is, if you were so scared of pointing to leads then why did you lynch before you got those leads?

5. I don't understand how I seem like I read the thread before, and even if that was the case, why would I even read the thread of a game I was not playing until I replaced.
I'm sorry but I don't have that much free time :?
Perhaps by wording you mean that I said he "later posted..." which is something I did to avoid there being too many quotes in my post. Other than that, I frankly don't see what gave you that impression, or what difference it would even make if I read the thread before.

6. I don't get what you're trying to say by this. My post said Guilty seems towny to me because he didn't seem like he was trying to save Vort by lynching yankee, and that was before I knew he was confirmed. How does that mean I read the thread again.
Honestly, you were telling Guilty he was reaching but you've taken reaching to a whole new level. :facepalm:

7. I am not ignoring things about NSG and I said that I'm putting the possibility of that vote she put on him being bussing. Don't act like I've cleared her for that vote.

I hope I answered everything, but quite honestly many of these felt very forced. :]

GuiltyLion
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: August 19, 2015
Location: Seattle, WA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #829  (ISO)  » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:55 pm

prodge for now - will get to this tonight or tomorrow. I've read along but haven't thought much about the latest posts yet. Worried that both NSG and Cheet have kind of fallen off the map
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"

Cheetory6
Jack of All Trades
 
Joined: September 21, 2014
Pronoun: He

Post Post #830  (ISO)  » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:56 pm

I have some time tonight.
Been a busy week/weekend for me.

Cheetory6
Jack of All Trades
 
Joined: September 21, 2014
Pronoun: He

Post Post #831  (ISO)  » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:59 pm

Mohab is there any chance you can link any previous town/scumgames you've had offsite?

Cheetory6
Jack of All Trades
 
Joined: September 21, 2014
Pronoun: He

Post Post #832  (ISO)  » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:16 pm

Hot-take:
townNSG is more relaxed than scumNSG [or maybe scumNSG is just kind of hectic? Which doesn't really feel like her play this game].

Leaning Mohab for scum atm.

northsidegal
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: August 24, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #833  (ISO)  » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:02 pm

In post 832, Cheetory6 wrote:Hot-take:
townNSG is more relaxed than scumNSG [or maybe scumNSG is just kind of hectic? Which doesn't really feel like her play this game].

Leaning Mohab for scum atm.

i still remember the description creature used to describe my scumgame when he caught me when nobody else seemed to realize it: "northsidegal is like a child hiding behind their parentes." :lol:

real post incoming.
washed up (?)

Mohab500
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 24, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #834  (ISO)  » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:19 am

In post 831, Cheetory6 wrote:Mohab is there any chance you can link any previous town/scumgames you've had offsite?


I only played one game which I didn't continue on this site, I will try to get it here if I can.

Other than that, I played some town of Salem, but that's aboit it.

northsidegal
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: August 24, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #835  (ISO)  » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:21 am

hi mohab, let's talk in real time.

what do you make of elf's voting vort over ico at deadline day one?
washed up (?)

Mohab500
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 24, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #836  (ISO)  » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:24 am

In post 390, elfiisgod wrote:Looks like it's gonna be between Iconeum and The Vortigaunt.
I'm not gonna jump on the Ico wagon with the people on it. The case also needs quite a bit of narrative to work. So I'm always gonna vote The Vortigaunt over Iconeum here.

VOTE: The Vortigaunt

I believe that puts him at L-1.


Quickly checking since I have no time, hope I didn't miss something.

This seems like quite a risky move for Elfis, because that could open a lynch to his partner if he is scum, so I don't see it as a scum move, atleast not from a player like elfis.

Mohab500
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 24, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #837  (ISO)  » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:35 am

In post 408, elfiisgod wrote:UNVOTE:

Interesting turn of events. This should make counterclaims much easier. I'm inclined to believe vort's claim because I don't think scum would claim jailkeeper at this point.

I'm not really sure what to do, so for now I'll wait for a possible counterclaim.


This I am a bit neutral on. It feels like scum moving off a partner after building a case, as in the risky move mentioned earlier worked so vort didnt have to be lynched, but then again, I also see lots of townies doing this if you get what I mean.

Mohab500
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 24, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #838  (ISO)  » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:38 am

At the end of the deadline, Elf votes vlrt after osuka's claim, scum or townie have to probaby vote Vort considering what he said before, so that point may not matter much, but It's something to remember.

Overall, I feel more lost. My confidence in Rei scum has decreased, but I still think he is a better lynch than NSG, but then again I am not so sure.

Cheetory6
Jack of All Trades
 
Joined: September 21, 2014
Pronoun: He

Post Post #839  (ISO)  » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:46 am

In post 838, Mohab500 wrote:At the end of the deadline, Elf votes vlrt after osuka's claim, scum or townie have to probaby vote Vort considering what he said before, so that point may not matter much, but It's something to remember.
If you feel this way on the bolded, why didn't you vote Vort?

Mohab500
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 24, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #840  (ISO)  » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:45 am

In post 839, Cheetory6 wrote:
In post 838, Mohab500 wrote:At the end of the deadline, Elf votes vlrt after osuka's claim, scum or townie have to probaby vote Vort considering what he said before, so that point may not matter much, but It's something to remember.
If you feel this way on the bolded, why didn't you vote Vort?


Because I wasn't around on that day, I thought that was obvious.

Cheetory6
Jack of All Trades
 
Joined: September 21, 2014
Pronoun: He

Post Post #841  (ISO)  » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:58 am

Mohab wrote:considering what he said before
What specifically is this referring to

Mohab500
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 24, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #842  (ISO)  » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:47 pm

In post 841, Cheetory6 wrote:
Mohab wrote:considering what he said before
What specifically is this referring to


I meant to say that Elf at the time had said something along the lines of waiting for a counterclaim on vort before proceeding, so he decided to vote after he heard one. If he didn't vote, wether town or scum, he would be suspected, so either roles has motive to vote Vort.

Cheetory6
Jack of All Trades
 
Joined: September 21, 2014
Pronoun: He

Post Post #843  (ISO)  » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:53 pm

Why does town or scum Elf not potentially vote osuka there over Vort?

Mohab500
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 24, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #844  (ISO)  » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:24 pm

In post 843, Cheetory6 wrote:Why does town or scum Elf not potentially vote osuka there over Vort?


Interesting turn of events. This should make counterclaims much easier. I'm inclined to believe vort's claim because I don't think scum would claim jailkeeper at this point.

I'm not really sure what to do, so for now I'll wait for a possible counterclaim.


Elf said this. He also showed a lot of suspicion towards vort earlier in his previous post at the time (look upward on the page, the risky move). It would make sense to vote Vort here, especially if he can just call for an easy lynch on osuka tomorrow if it turns out he's lying. This is both froma town and scum prespective, as no voting vort after what he's said would be incredibly suspicious.

GuiltyLion
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: August 19, 2015
Location: Seattle, WA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #845  (ISO)  » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:36 am

agh I know I'm the worst I said I'd post here and then I didn't. I will absolutely do some things in this thread today, either on my lunch break or after work tonight. I'm still flip flopping every time I reread the last few pages. I'm having a really hard time feeling good about scumreading anyone here - Mohab has started feeling town to me again
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"

GuiltyLion
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: August 19, 2015
Location: Seattle, WA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #846  (ISO)  » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:37 am

I've been really wanting someone else to like, take the lead and push hard for someone as scum, and no one is stepping up to do that. I'm not sure if we can draw any conclusions from that other than the last scum is playing it safe right now
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"

Micc
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 01, 2013
Location: The Bradley Center
Pronoun: He

Post Post #847  (ISO)  » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:57 am

Prodding Rei.
"To hide a tree, use a forest" - Ninja Boy Hideo

northsidegal
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: August 24, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #848  (ISO)  » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:02 pm

In post 837, Mohab500 wrote:This I am a bit neutral on. It feels like scum moving off a partner after building a case, as in the risky move mentioned earlier worked so vort didnt have to be lynched, but then again, I also see lots of townies doing this if you get what I mean.

i mean, he was unvoting him after he claimed a power role. what makes that seem to you like scum moving off of a partner? is it just the act of unvoting?

In post 844, Mohab500 wrote:Elf said this. He also showed a lot of suspicion towards vort earlier in his previous post at the time (look upward on the page, the risky move). It would make sense to vote Vort here, especially if he can just call for an easy lynch on osuka tomorrow if it turns out he's lying. This is both froma town and scum prespective, as no voting vort after what he's said would be incredibly suspicious.

if i recall correctly, elf was also scumreading ico. as scum, why wouldn't he jump on the ico wagon instead of the vort one when both were at the same size? it would only have become a point of suspicion if either were to flip later on in the game.
washed up (?)

Mohab500
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 24, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #849  (ISO)  » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:21 pm

In post 848, northsidegal wrote:
In post 837, Mohab500 wrote:This I am a bit neutral on. It feels like scum moving off a partner after building a case, as in the risky move mentioned earlier worked so vort didnt have to be lynched, but then again, I also see lots of townies doing this if you get what I mean.

i mean, he was unvoting him after he claimed a power role. what makes that seem to you like scum moving off of a partner? is it just the act of unvoting?

In post 844, Mohab500 wrote:Elf said this. He also showed a lot of suspicion towards vort earlier in his previous post at the time (look upward on the page, the risky move). It would make sense to vote Vort here, especially if he can just call for an easy lynch on osuka tomorrow if it turns out he's lying. This is both froma town and scum prespective, as no voting vort after what he's said would be incredibly suspicious.

if i recall correctly, elf was also scumreading ico. as scum, why wouldn't he jump on the ico wagon instead of the vort one when both were at the same size? it would only have become a point of suspicion if either were to flip later on in the game.


I think I may have went overboard with the first one. I think that it's both possible from a scum and town perespective, but specifically if he was scum, it would probably be trying to get off his partner after a risky move that gives him towncred, but I am probably a bit biased againt elf because I don't read anyone else as scum here.

For the second point, I will try to explain more clearly, but Elf specifically mentioned that he was waiting for counterclaims on vort. He also scumread him until he claimed Jailkeeper. Voting ICO here meant he discredits Osuka's claim, and also is irrational, since he suspected vort, what any townie, and therefor any scum would do is vote vort over disbelieving osuka. Voting ICO or anyone else is suspicous as all hell because anyone who looks at elf's ISO later will see the inconsistency on vort. Scum would never do such a thing that suspicous unless they are not focusing on the game at al.

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Completed Newbie Games