Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (isolation #0) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:32 am

Post by Ariane »

Hey all! I'm gonna be reading through in the next hour or so, but from a perfunctory glance I disagree with the hypoclaim idea
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (isolation #1) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:14 pm

Post by Ariane »

Whoa there's so much mechanics talk here
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (isolation #2) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:23 pm

Post by Ariane »

In post 51, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 48, theslimer3 wrote:I understand that you're in a teaching role per say, but I dont think it's a good idea to risk the game state on a quick lesson
How was calling out what everything was thinking risking the game state anymore than what shortaru was doing? Your concern means you think I'm right which means it was already outted.

You all are being melodramatic because I've taken an unconventional approach which has resulted in one scum taking the easy push bait and perhaps another scum early role fishing.
o.o these are very early very certain scumreads—I'll see if you backtrack later in the thread (just sort of posting as I go) but yeah

(Also, what do you mean by 'unconventional approach'? Sorry if you answer this later on)
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (isolation #3) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:33 pm

Post by Ariane »

In post 65, implosion wrote:
shortaru wrote:When I'm Mafia, I'm very interested in knowing town's reads because that helps me decide who the biggest threats are, so... I respectfully disagree.
Are you advocating that people should keep their reads close to their chests? If so I have a number of canned arguments I can give in favor of the reverse~
This seems disingenuous, it's pretty obvious they were talking about hypoclaiming
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (isolation #4) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:52 pm

Post by Ariane »

In post 96, Emyrs Baneheart wrote:I agree with stan1ey on this one. From slimer3's actions, it would seem like he's just trying out RQS and regardless of how useful it was - that was hardly scummy IMO. I am however curious to see what changed shortaru's mind to vote for slimer when he was of the opinion slimer was NAI in a couple of posts back.

On a side note, genuinely new to the game and was wondering what are the merits to RVS/RQS methods of starting the game when both are perceived to not generate much info?
This is a bit weird—I found it fairly clear why short shifted, he earlier said that if Brox and stanley cleaned their acts up he'd be up for a slimer push in

Emrys hasn't really posted enough to get a strong read on them but tbh I'm not a fan of their two posts

@Emrys come back! Is that paragraph the only 'thoughts' you had? What's your reads?

Honestly so far I'm not getting the strong town read on Cheeky—shortaru seems to suddenly be ok with her after their interaction but I don't see a strong case, I'll read her in more detail later
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (isolation #5) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:05 pm

Post by Ariane »

When you post a list of reads and there's only one townread who you say you're not lynching today () and then post an updated read list with only one townread and one leaning townread (), I'd call that a strong townread
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (isolation #6) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:30 pm

Post by Ariane »

First reactions I don't like Emrys (though difficult to tell) implosion

Slimer has been talked about loads, finding it difficult to tell. I'm not sure I like implosion's push on him (for reasons I'll explain shortly)—the criticism that he was putting us back into RVS is a bit weird since it seems to me like a few people were doing that (looking at Emrys to an extent, and someone else I don't remember). Could be scum but I'm also suspicious of the push on him. I buy the staying on the edges, but he appears to be flaking atm. It's been over two days since he posted so I'm not voting him (or Emrys) till they come back/are replaced
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (isolation #7) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:41 pm

Post by Ariane »

VOTE: implosion

So he doesn't really have any reads he's posted as far as I can see, apart from his push on slimer and his town read on short, but even then he said
In post 90, implosion wrote: All of this is very, very minor, to be clear. But it's something.

I lean slightly town on shortaru as well.
He did also say recently:
In post 178, implosion wrote:What are people's takes on Broxul right now? He's the most active slot that I don't have at pretty likely town right now. His last reads list was pretty much echoing the table (though that isn't necessarily bad).
but what does that even mean? (actually having trouble understanding this one, and ideally I shouldn't have to cos you should be being clear)—are you saying that everyone that's more active than Brox is "pretty likely town"? That
seems
to be what you're saying, but then that means you have every player that's posted more than 10 times as likely town, which I feel makes it kind of easy for you if you're just scumreading lurkers/people who seem to be flaking

(Also maybe I'm missing this but I don't get what "echoing the table" means)

PEdit: Ah true, my bad, that was Cheeky in
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (isolation #8) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:46 pm

Post by Ariane »

I've just gone back through implosion's ISO and seen that he does have a read on stan, but

The main thing I'm worried about (and shortaru, you should I think pay attention given your post ) is that sure, he did a push on slimer, but he hasn't really followed it up, nor has he unvoted. When short "called him out on it" () he gave a bit of a case, but then hasn't really mentioned slimer since...even though his vote hasn't changed

His reads are either unspecified (re. above post), or concurring with short's mostly (; )

Basically I'm seeing one proper push, which was after being called out for not pushing, and then the stuff after is maybe
kinda
scumhunting, but without much heart in it
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (isolation #9) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:58 pm

Post by Ariane »

Hm some fair points there, from both of you

That point about lurkers is also fair

I'm gonna need to return after work and reread, replacing in is a different beast.

For now, reads (mostly gut):

Townish
shortaru
k9

Scummish
Emrys
implosion
Slimer

Null
everyone else

each tier is sort of an amorphous blob, though I like implosion's last post (and like I said, both you and aru made some fair points, which I'll consider more when I come back). I don't really see the point of voting slimer or Emrys when they're not here.

PEdit: Yeah like I said above I'll reread/consider when I get back (and check your reads throughout). A more in-depth explanation on Cheeky would be great
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (isolation #10) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:17 pm

Post by Ariane »

Why I like k9 (from his one post lol)

In post 139, k9soccer wrote:Cheeky has total innocence, I have to say, for going after stan1ey. Stan1ey comes out of nowhere and says that he scumreads Cheeky; Cheeky gets upset because of this. Stan, buddy, you gotta understand that it's expected of someone to be upset for calling them scum- no matter if they're mafia or town. Let's say, for instance, that shortaru IS scum. What benefit would he get for calling Cheeky town and for Cheeky to actually be maf. The first step of mafia is to Appeal to Emotion. He would, of course, call a townie a town. He would have failed his job already if he called another scum town. He seems way too much of a good player for that to happen. That leads me to my main point.

Shortaru, why are you still anti-stan1ey when he is on the defense? As much as I want to believe you are town, this just doesn't make sense to me. He's making attacks out of desperation and doesn't have very good points. Neither of you are trying to think in the minds of the other. Cheeky thinks that you may be trying to work in matrix-style ways BECAUSE mafia knows who town is. He calls both you and Cheeky town because he DISLIKES being attacked. That's why it makes no sense to try to fight him any more. He can scum read whoever he likes, and have no repercussions. In fact, wouldn't YOU, as a townie, want to protect someone you view as a fellow townie. Your claims tailor to you. I would be willing to say that you are a bit of a survivalist. You can say that you are trying to 'help' him see in a better perspective that is for town. However, if you wanted to do that, you would have to try to think in his perspective- which, obviously, you don't understand. My question is why, are you trying to have such a clean and spotless reputation. You try to fix any mistakes made, and you don't really make any risks. Trying to play safe could mean that you don't want to get lynched or killed by maf, but you have such a pressuring way of posting, that if you don't get lynched you would almost definitely get crushed by scum the first night. I would like to hear your thinking, please, if you will.

Coming right out and saying "Cheeky has total innocence" is super bold, I'd expect scum to be a bit more tentative. he also backs it up with reasons, and although the hypothetical is a bit of a mess structurally I think I see towny reasoning

With the second paragraph there's also a town motivation I think, in that k9 is
actually
trying to confirm/get a read through
directly
engaging another player. I'm not sure I dig the kind of personality reading thing he's doing, but this feels too inter-player engaged, and town motivated, to be scum imo
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (isolation #11) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:18 pm

Post by Ariane »

oh christ what happened with that attempted spoiler?
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (isolation #12) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:21 pm

Post by Ariane »

This recent apology thing seems weird...particularly since Cheeky said:
In post 239, CheekyTeeky wrote:I can't give you an example of this due to site rules. I will do if that changes. But to me it's a town tell.
Which means (I assume) it's ongoing, which means it's a really new town indicator, which has presumably only happened once
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (isolation #13) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:36 pm

Post by Ariane »

re k9 again, just browsing back over the thread and came across this which I'd overlooked before, I also agree with this post (similarly to the above with the messy hypothetical)
In post 170, shortaru wrote:
In post 168, Broxul wrote: No reads on k9soccer, Emrys Baneheart, and aslightrain due to lack of content.
Even so, but I'd still not be all that interested in a k9soccer lynch at this point.

If scum had gone to the trouble of making that ketchup wall post, I feel like they'd have been more careful not to contradict themselves.

Personally, I don't view cognitive dissonance as a scum tell in situations like that. He seemed to be trying to put the puzzle pieces together and getting a few pieces mixed up. Scum already has the picture.
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (isolation #14) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:37 pm

Post by Ariane »

Oh wait shortaru literally quoted that yesterday my bad
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (isolation #15) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:52 pm

Post by Ariane »

General thoughts:

Liking implosion better these last few pages, particularly in that he's continuing to push at slimer now that he's responding (which I mentioned in that I didn't like that); implosion following up now that slimer's posting again adds credence to his defence that he didn't have anything else to say in the intervening time

UNVOTE: implosion

@Slimer are you sure you
In post 227, theslimer3 wrote:dont currently have any scum leads but I'm sure theres some opportunistic scum on my wagon
? Unless I'm missing something, the only townread you've really posted is shortaru in —can you elaborate on where the other players are at for you?

re. Brox, I can see where implosion's coming from regarding , although his explanation of it in is decent, I guess.

@Brox, any luck with this:
In post 168, Broxul wrote:So that's basically a town or slight town read on almost everyone who's been participating. Maybe I need to refine what exactly I'm looking for in a how a scum would be playing the game.
?

How are you planning on refining it? Also, is your reading of shortaru changing atm?
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (isolation #16) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:35 pm

Post by Ariane »

In post 254, implosion wrote:I'm going to be potentially a bit checked-out from thinking deeply about this game for the next two days - I'm taking the GRE tomorrow, and then the GRE math subject test on Saturday.
Best of luck!
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (isolation #17) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:32 pm

Post by Ariane »

Sorry for posting so late, busy few days at work, will read the thread in more detail tonight

Don't have much of a read on Brox yet, so first point of call will be to go through his iso. Although regarding the post above, where he reads short as scum (which I think is rare ITT, though I'll need to go back and check)—I'm not sure whether to read that as towny for scumreading someone that others haven't, or scummy for doing it as soon as short voted him
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (isolation #18) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:34 pm

Post by Ariane »

To clarify, he mentioned earlier that short was becoming
less
of a townread earlier, but only actually said he was scumreading him after the vote. I think, unless I've missed something, on mobile atm
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (isolation #19) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:35 pm

Post by Ariane »

And mew is strengthening my townread on that slot
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (isolation #20) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:23 pm

Post by Ariane »

In post 339, Mewtaph wrote:
In post 331, Ariane wrote:Don't have much of a read on Brox yet, so first point of call will be to go through his iso.
In post 333, Ariane wrote:And mew is strengthening my townread on that slot
You are being inconsistent. You say you don't have much of a read on Brox yet, but two posts after you say that I am strengthening your townread on that slot, implying that you have a townread on them. Broxul is scum. If you want to ISO them, go ahead. Look at their ISO. All of their posts look spotless unless you see it context however. Like I suggested earlier, go to Broxul's first ISO post then reread the rest of the thread from that point onwards. It is the textbook "I am scum, and I want to fade into the background" play.
"That slot" was referring to your slot.
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (isolation #21) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:26 pm

Post by Ariane »

Np, and I'll iso Brox tonight.
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #537 (isolation #22) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:20 pm

Post by Ariane »

whoa you guys have been active let me catch up
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #538 (isolation #23) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:50 pm

Post by Ariane »

In post 481, shortaru wrote:
In post 478, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:if you're talking about 310 i feel like that's kind of immediately thrown away by the next part, plus i can easily see that as sowing the seeds for a future push.
If Stan was scum, he would not have done anything to bring even a little negative attention off me because he wants me dead.
In post 531, CheekyTeeky wrote:Ariane is pretty quiet which is unnerving me after the big spurts of input.

Pedit no Kat is Giga
Ah yeah sorry, been a busy few days at uni/work. Cleared up a bit now
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (isolation #24) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:51 pm

Post by Ariane »

Oh that first quote was to point out that I don't think that's likely, there's no chance you're gonna be lynched so scum-Stan bringing negative attention off you doesn't really affect anything
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #543 (isolation #25) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:07 pm

Post by Ariane »

I wasn't comfortable with Emyrs from when I first read, but a lot of this wagon seems to be due to lurking/potensh dropping out due drawing a mafia slot (), rather than his actual content—sure, there's little of it, but reasoning like this seems to be the major reason he's being voted for, and that doesn't really tell us much about who's on/off the wagon
In post 446, shortaru wrote: I don't want to lynch implosion until d2 at the earliest, but he's a scumread.

Emrys' few posts were lynchworthy, imho.
Short has posted this, and said some few things about Emyrs being a scumread earlier, but others seem to be jumping on the wagon recently, without much reasoning than 'eh not posting much'

PEdit: hmm it's not like he stopped scumreading you at that point, in fact he increased it in the very same post:
In post 310, stan1ey wrote:

I still think Cheeky and Short are scummy. Cheeky a lot less and Shortaru a lot more now however.
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (isolation #26) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:10 pm

Post by Ariane »

*edit to the above— there has been people other than Short who've posted reasons for Emyrs being scummy earlier on, I'm talking more about the recent votes/recent 'I'm ok with an Emyrs lynch' posts, which don't seem for the most part to have much reasoning behind them
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (isolation #27) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:24 pm

Post by Ariane »

(What's LHF, by the way? I think...Cheeky? said it somewhere)

implosion's still kind of weirding me out. I know he's said he's not super focused on the game rn due to GREs, but the vagueness isn't helping given that my original criticism of him was lack of (explicit) reads. The clearest he's been is when responding to me voting him...I'm finding it difficult to tell given he's zoned out of the game for the time being, but the way I see it he's gone from *vagueness*--->my vote--->*non-vagueness*--->my unvote--->*vagueness*

PEdit: I'm not super sure I want to, I'm not loving Emyrs for my own reasons. What I'd like is some actual reasoning from people who're willing to lynch him, other than 'lurker!'
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #548 (isolation #28) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:25 pm

Post by Ariane »

Because if he
is
lynched, no matter what he flips, if the majority are voting him cos 'lurker' (or close enough), it doesn't tell us a damn thing

I mean sure, looking at who's on the wagon might, but reasoning or lack thereof would do better
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #549 (isolation #29) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:28 pm

Post by Ariane »

Popping off to watch doctor who, back in a couple of hours
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #550 (isolation #30) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:32 pm

Post by Ariane »

Will iso Brox after, also stan probably
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #555 (isolation #31) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:28 am

Post by Ariane »

Ah no what does it actually stand for? couldn't find it on Google
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #595 (isolation #32) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:53 am

Post by Ariane »

Ah ok, cheers
In post 565, Mewtaph wrote:
In post 547, Ariane wrote:PEdit: I'm not super sure I want to, I'm not loving Emyrs for my own reasons. What I'd like is some actual reasoning from people who're willing to lynch him, other than 'lurker!'
This suggests that you have at least a scum lean on Emyrs and you have reasoning to go along with it. Mind sharing with the board?
Yeah. Mew mentioned a lot of it in , but in addition to that his most recent post focuses on a) responding to being called out for not posting/having no reads, and b) the cop thing. I'm not sure how alignment indicative the former is (although perhaps a slight scum lean?), but spending the Marjorie of a post on a relatively contained issue like that strikes me as a way to avoid commenting on/engaging with the thread at large, which I find scummy
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #596 (isolation #33) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:57 am

Post by Ariane »

The thing I don't/didn't like is scumreading someone for not posting or flaking (particularly the latter), cos I don't really think it's alignment indicative. Like there might be strategic non posting (eg waiting it out if the heat is on you and coming back when it stops), but that doesn't strike me as what Em is doing.

Mew does perhaps have a point about the implication of Em's last post implying he's been reading the thread, hadn't noticed that
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #604 (isolation #34) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:12 am

Post by Ariane »

To clarify, a) above, when I say maybe a scum lean I mean that responding only once you're called out /asked to seems to show little initiative, making it easier for scum to play. Could also be lazy town though, hence just a lean

Pedit: hm maybe, depends on whether you read it as 'I didn't have reads at the time I posted' or 'I haven't had reads and that's why I haven't been posting'

ppedit that edit was for short re short 'it's a stretch'
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #632 (isolation #35) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:22 am

Post by Ariane »

Ok. So

Implosion, I find it weird that you keep insisting that Slimer/replacement flipping red clears you, and
therefore
it's the same thing in reverse? Like I'm not following your reasoning at all there. It seems obvious to me that even logically that isn't true (A -> B does not necessarily equal B -> A)

Tbh generally I'm finding his posts difficult to get along with.

@Cheeky, finding it difficult to get hard reads, but I'm not up at all for lynching shortaru or Mew (will fight for this). Implosion I've been uncomfortable with for ages, and while he improved a bit (for a short while), his recent stuff has been more... I dunno, like both looking not much like scumhunting, but also like very vague.

is particularly egregious, as is . The former a) says 'I'm ok with an Emyrs lynch because lurkers', b) immediately qualifies that statement with 'oh but he might be getting replaced', c) doesn't actually vote for Emyrs. Like I said above, I think lurking isn't alignment-indicative, and it's a super easy way for scum to support a wagon without investing substantial reasons/work

(Actually, if either Implosion or Emyrs flips scum, I might be looking at the other. This weird kind of half suspicion, without reasoning, without voting, strikes me the wrong way.)

So I'd be happy with an Implosion lynch. I'm not liking the tone of his play still, and I'm finding it difficult to see a point to his abstruseness with reads earlier (discussed when I first replaced in, I think)

...actually, is he usually this vague about reads? Just had a quick glance at that game he linked earlier, and tbh he's being a hell of a lot clearer there, at least in tone. (Not gonna read the entire thing, but)
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #633 (isolation #36) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:23 am

Post by Ariane »

@Malakittens, just to check, day 1 will be extended even if you find a replacement before deadline? How long till-ish?

Cos we've got just under 12 hours atm
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #634 (isolation #37) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:30 am

Post by Ariane »

As I've said above I haven't been liking Emyrs, but given time close to deadline I'm finding myself feeling "fuck it, let's just lynch him now", but I'm pretty sure that's for impatience/worry about deadline or replacement reasons. And I'm trying to avoid that cos I don't like the play, and I've called others out on that same thing.

The issue is it's difficult to separate the emotional response I'm having from what I'm actually thinking of Emyrs. I'm pretty certain I still find him scummy, but I'm being careful about it as my frustration might be influencing that—ie I might be cherrypicking or whatever.

Although, that's perhaps unlikely, given how little there is to cherrypick from.

Sorry, I know I'm being waffly here :/
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #635 (isolation #38) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:46 am

Post by Ariane »

Ugh I really just need to reread over this entire game
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #636 (isolation #39) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:55 am

Post by Ariane »

Fuck it, for now:

VOTE: Implosion

The main reason I unvoted was because it seemed like he was scumhunting more, and I don't think that's that true any longer. Seems like he stopped as soon as my pressure was off. Also, it wasn't that much pressure—pretty much just me. If it were gonna affect his play s.t. he started being clearer, I find it weird that such miniscule pressure would get town to briefly share reads and then fade back into vagueness, particularly for a more experienced player

that red/green flip assertion was super weird.

If he's lynched, and flips red, I wanna look at Emyrs' replacement
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #637 (isolation #40) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:56 am

Post by Ariane »

Although I mean I'd like to hear from them before the day ends as well
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #752 (isolation #41) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:03 am

Post by Ariane »

Heya I'm back, sorry again

Yeah I'm having difficulty this game, mostly because replacing in is weird and wrapping my head around stuff without having been here from the beginning is something I'm finding hard—I know that's not a great explanation, but that's where I'm at
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #754 (isolation #42) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:05 am

Post by Ariane »

lol fair
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #757 (isolation #43) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:10 am

Post by Ariane »

Also that was a quick switch mate
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #759 (isolation #44) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:10 am

Post by Ariane »

@FF 14 hours isn't that much
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #770 (isolation #45) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:24 am

Post by Ariane »

I didn't get the whole thing on slimer really, nothing about it struck me as *that* scummy. I got more out of the ensuing discussion, it's where my first uncomfortability (sic?) with Implosion came from. Slimer's play I dunno if I'd call town, but proooobbably leaning that way?

Giga is like gone, his posting when he was here was unremarkable to me, like there was a lot of it but not much content,

The lack of content would read scummy to me (that is, the lots of posting but lack of content), but also at the time (iirc) we were close-ish to deadline before it got extended, and the fact that Giga didn't jump on a wagon—particularly on Emyrs who would have been easy-ish to do—well, I guess that kind of balances it out?

Updated list of reads in case I'm lynched, town-->scum:

Mew
Short
Cheeky
stan/Brox
Giga
Implosion/Emyrs

None of the first three are gonna be lynched today so I'm feeling pretty good about that. I mean I won't be if I'm lynched lol, but otherwise I think the right track is happening

Cheeky has gone up a bit largely because of her logic making sense, although there's areas where I'm still unconfortable with her posting (eg. the okayness with what seems like compromise/lynching lurkers or whatever—like if she thinks I'm scum she should probably be pushing harder for a lynch on me, not being like "ehhhh I'd be ok with FF if he doesn't vote" )

PEdit: mostly in response to Mew's q about Giga, not to the sudden amount of posts following that
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #772 (isolation #46) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:30 am

Post by Ariane »

(sorry, that should be implosion/FF)

Reason I don't like FF any more than I liked Emyrs:

He's
so
self-focused. Almost every post of his is talking about himself/others' reads on him.

He also looks at me a bit, and though I disagree with those posts they seem to be decent-ish I guess, but even then more than half his stuff is defending himself, and while there was pressure on him this feels like an overreaction, particularly when most of his 'scumhunting' seems to take a relative backseat
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #773 (isolation #47) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:32 am

Post by Ariane »

I mean maybe the pressure that there is/was excuses it. But there's just so much defence, it's overpowering. To be fair, his engagement with others has somewhat improved in the last few pages, which is nice, but not enough yet to reverse/nullify my read
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #774 (isolation #48) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:32 am

Post by Ariane »

Mm I don't like the whole compromise lynch thing, but I also don't want a lynch on Cheeky today, there's much more sus players
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #777 (isolation #49) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:37 am

Post by Ariane »

oh ok that's cool then Cheeky carry on carry on
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #781 (isolation #50) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:43 am

Post by Ariane »

:up:
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #787 (isolation #51) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:53 am

Post by Ariane »

short I mean is 'a couple of posts' enough to lean him as town? Like two pages ago you were definitely reading him as scum, so I'd those 'couple' of posts must have been pretty damn strong

Spoiler: shortaru's post 746
In post 746, shortaru wrote:
In post 743, Formerfish wrote:
In post 741, shortaru wrote:
In post 736, Formerfish wrote:Or maybe I was able to become active and have the ability to change this slots equity through play.

If I'm guilty to you guys no matter what then do you. I would suggest letting the experienced player find their wings in this game. I'm much better with personal interaction.
Slinking through the day and "hard towning it up" when the deadline hits is scum 101.
I replaced in 24 hours ago. I haven't been slinking through shit. Get your head out of your ass.
Your slot has, and you've done absolutely nothing to improve it by being a smartass when I gave you a heads up about being scumread.
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #791 (isolation #52) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:02 am

Post by Ariane »

Yeah well I figured that, but I don't see it at all

749 is bad, from musing on the philosophy of the game to "I'm town!" to "tell me your read on
me
"

750 he says
In post 750, Formerfish wrote:Do you think I should care?
in terms of 'being scumread' which almost directly contradicts the implications in 749 where......like, he
obviously
cares

756, 763, 765—nothing of his own content, asking questions, which sure is a good thing and better than just defending but not particularly town-read-worthy imo

769 = ok cool Ariane's scum, that's all I need (but I'm still not voting her???????), will ask questions if need be but
In post 769, Formerfish wrote:Like that's fine for me now
i.e. that's it for the day. (this last sentence of mine is probably uncharitable)

If that's fine, why isn't he voting me?

PEdit: Yeah which is why you townreading FF is a problem hey?
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #792 (isolation #53) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:04 am

Post by Ariane »

VOTE: FormerFish

I'm not gonna get my Implosion vote so this is good.

Short I don't understand your read at all (mostly cause you haven't explained it)

We're not quibbling over townreads here, we're talking about scumreads
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #793 (isolation #54) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:05 am

Post by Ariane »

Seriously almost nothing gets me more suspicious than people very strongly scumreading me but not voting me, like the most plausible explanation is that they know their read is wrong
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #798 (isolation #55) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:10 am

Post by Ariane »

Short tell me what's the point of *not* voting your only scumread if you're town?

There's a very obvious scum motivation for doing that

What's the town one?
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #802 (isolation #56) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:14 am

Post by Ariane »

In post 799, shortaru wrote:By all means, ask Former that tomorrow.

Today, we need to hang Giggles.
I don't love Giga but hell if I don't love FF less
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #806 (isolation #57) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:28 am

Post by Ariane »

In post 804, Broxul wrote:@Ariane, did you ever do that ISO of me? I feel like you posted you would a couple times but I haven't seen a solid read from you on my slot.
Yeah you're right, I never posted about that, and tbh it's because I still don't have a good read on either you or Stan, as mentioned above Cheeky's leant town for me, but you two are still null

You mostly have a reasonable tone, which I like, it's also a bit...placid? at times which I'm not sure how to read. You seem pretty open with your reads and your reasons for them, but... they seem safe, almost?

Like for instance you put shortaru as scum, which isn't something popular ITT, but slimer was more scum, and your vote was still on them ()

So slimer was a safe scum read (and still very much is), and if he's town I can see scum using that to play it safe while still saying something 'novel' (that shortaru's scum)

So that's where I'm at. The long time between your posts doesn't help. Your iso strikes me as seeming open, but also as playing it safe. So, still null.
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #808 (isolation #58) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:38 am

Post by Ariane »

Oi Giga if you're hanging around come claim maybe?

I didn't realise she'd visited the site that recently
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #809 (isolation #59) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:40 am

Post by Ariane »

Still think we should be lynching FF but will hammer before deadline if necessary
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #810 (isolation #60) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:05 am

Post by Ariane »

In post 768, Mewtaph wrote:
In post 752, Ariane wrote:Yeah I'm having difficulty this game, mostly because replacing in is weird and wrapping my head around stuff without having been here from the beginning is something I'm finding hard—I know that's not a great explanation, but that's where I'm at
I like you but I don't know about your alignment so much because I've been getting the impression that when you do post it's in spurts then you just kinda leave after. This can be from both town/scum, but it does make the aforementioned pattern/style of posting is a lot easier on you if you are scum. It would help a lot if you can active post more often so it doesn't feel like you can skate on your thoughts until everyone else has shared their own.
Btw just saw this, yeah often I can really only post nights, and occasionally some mornings. I'm pretty much completely booked during the daytime until uni ends. I try to engage for when I'm here at night, both in terms of posting and in terms of talking with other people. This last gap of... two days I think? Day and a half? was due to bad time management on my part.
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #811 (isolation #61) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:07 am

Post by Ariane »

But yes, I'll try to get on more often, and once Monday comes I'll have a lot more time.

Speaking of leaving after spurt-posting, I'm going to bed, but will be back before deadline
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #812 (isolation #62) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:10 am

Post by Ariane »

(And speaking of 'lurking', to be fair, I do have more posts than almost half the other players, and that's as a replacement)
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #892 (isolation #63) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:46 pm

Post by Ariane »

I'm worried because I really do find FF scummy and the wagon isn't taking off, I don't really get why people aren't seeing what I am. if Giga does flip scum there's gonna be loads of content to look through tomorrow, and I'm looking forward to doing a proper retreat tonight

that said,

VOTE: Gigabyte[\vote]
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #893 (isolation #64) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:47 pm

Post by Ariane »

oops

VOTE: Gigabyte
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #894 (isolation #65) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:47 pm

Post by Ariane »

*reread, sorry, on mobile
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #897 (isolation #66) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:52 pm

Post by Ariane »

I asked for a claim and gave intent yesterday

We're very close to deadline and I didn't want to risk a no lynch

if gig was gonna come back and claim they would have done it in like the twelve hours since intent and request for claim was given
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #898 (isolation #67) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:52 pm

Post by Ariane »

and I only have like ten mins to be on this morning so
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #914 (isolation #68) » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:31 am

Post by Ariane »

What? I didn't do anything last night
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #915 (isolation #69) » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:32 am

Post by Ariane »

Are you claiming tracker short? I would've come up as home all night, I think
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #917 (isolation #70) » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:36 am

Post by Ariane »

To be clearer, I forgot to submit my action :facepalm:
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #919 (isolation #71) » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:42 am

Post by Ariane »

Because I did? It's why I don't get why short says I was out...

(stupid of me, got called into work unexpectedly :/ I'm really sorry guys)

I dunno if he's gambitting or something? Or mafia? Will wait to see what he replies before deciding
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #920 (isolation #72) » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:43 am

Post by Ariane »

What else could I have said?
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #922 (isolation #73) » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:49 am

Post by Ariane »

I'll wait till shortaru replies, I probably shouldn't have even said I was PR (particularly given FF's reaction above?)
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #924 (isolation #74) » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:50 am

Post by Ariane »

Cos he's either mistaken or lying, and I don't get how he could be mistaken

VOTE: shortaru

PEdit: Might as well wait, too
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #926 (isolation #75) » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:58 am

Post by Ariane »

Fine. Let's just say that my avatar is apt
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #928 (isolation #76) » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:06 am

Post by Ariane »

VOTE: staniey

I'm so goddamn confused
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #929 (isolation #77) » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:06 am

Post by Ariane »

VOTE: stan1ey

What's short bloody doing then?
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #959 (isolation #78) » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:17 am

Post by Ariane »

Aw

Yeah figured short was gambitting, cos he would've seen me visit two people. just didn't know if neo or VT, took a gamble

gg town
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #960 (isolation #79) » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:19 am

Post by Ariane »

Could have done it better but panicked a bit I think
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #961 (isolation #80) » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:33 am

Post by Ariane »

Also lol why would I fake claim as town? I know my scum game has been terrible, but I'm not
that
bad
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #962 (isolation #81) » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:34 am

Post by Ariane »

And my avatar is the new Doctor
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #964 (isolation #82) » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:38 am

Post by Ariane »

Yeah basically. I had like a page of posts in the scum thread today trying to figure out if there was a way to get out of it lol
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #965 (isolation #83) » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:40 am

Post by Ariane »

I was trying to get out of needing to fake a result/being role blocked by saying I forgot to submit an action aha
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #967 (isolation #84) » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:49 am

Post by Ariane »

That would be great. Yeah I had no idea how to interact with my partner particularly when they disappeared, in hindsight I probably should've pushed harder earlier but I was hoping they'd come back, particularly given that I thought the wagon/lynch could have been gotten out of

Would be thrilled with some feedback for this game!

Implosion I thought could have been a PR but Stan flew completely under my radar, great job! Also to cheeky for calling the scum team mid day 1, although you didn't follow it up today :p
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #970 (isolation #85) » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:08 am

Post by Ariane »

The other part of me claiming I'd forgot to submit an action was trying to get short to admit he'd gambitted, s.t. I wouldn't need to claim
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #972 (isolation #86) » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:22 am

Post by Ariane »

Btw @Mala I'm fine to have the scum thread released
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1005 (isolation #87) » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:13 pm

Post by Ariane »

@implosion can I have some specific feedback/information on interactions with Slimer/Giga? I wasn't sure of exactly how to play that situation so tips or feedback would be cool :)

(That might be easier to answer when the mafia PT is released cos I have a bunch of thoughts/musings on there)
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1010 (isolation #88) » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:56 pm

Post by Ariane »

Hm ok, so I didn't have many options, huh? Thanks for the feedback :)
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1014 (isolation #89) » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:55 pm

Post by Ariane »

Hey Mala, are you gonna officially end it/release PTs and that?
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1016 (isolation #90) » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:56 pm

Post by Ariane »

Thanks! And also thanks @Mew for the feedback, it's helpful :]

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”