[Game Over] Newbie 1900 - Robocalypse

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (isolation #0) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:53 pm

Post by Ariane »

whoa this flavour text is cool

sup, I'll see you all later tonight
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (isolation #1) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:58 pm

Post by Ariane »

UNVOTE: til I read properly
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (isolation #2) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:37 am

Post by Ariane »

slow game

FL what's your plan in terms of finding scum? how do you plan to dig them up?
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (isolation #3) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:41 am

Post by Ariane »

hey lam! (and auro/volx!)
In post 10, Lamees wrote:not_mafia? seems legit

VOTE: randomaccess
Why mention one player in your RVS post but then RV someone else completely? Why did you choose random to vote?
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (isolation #4) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:42 am

Post by Ariane »

In post 11, snowbeast wrote:I'm not psychic - yet. Will hold my vote for a day until I understand this game a bit more
by this do you mean you're not gonna vote for the whole day...? How do you expect the day to go then?
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (isolation #5) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:10 pm

Post by Ariane »

Nah it's a legit question a) we're hardly out of RVS anyway, b) I can imagine scum feeling weird about voting /not voting a partner, sure it might not be the best question in the world but I was curious when I read it so

The one to snowbeast it should be obvious why I'm asking

The one to FL is mostly cos they seem very passive and I'm curious as to whether this will continue
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (isolation #6) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:13 pm

Post by Ariane »

in my experience even RVS votes have at least done kind of (usually silly) justification, so I'm curious as to why lam decided not to do that
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (isolation #7) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:17 pm

Post by Ariane »

hmmm uncertain about volx, he's talking more about previous games than the one we're actually in

lion seems town
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (isolation #8) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:35 pm

Post by Ariane »

that last part seems weird to me, I find it incredibly helpful to see other people's reads be they scum or town

if nothing else it encourages accountability and makes it harder for scum as it's more difficult for them to seem town, because they have to justify reads changing as well as who they're voting in the first place, both of which are much easier for town to do

Also, it means that eg my town read on you can be pushed at by other players and my mind might be changed or the read might be further cemented. you say I shouldn't bring it up unless I need to stop someone getting wagoned, but that misses the point that my reads aren't 100% or anything. besides, catching scum by process of elimination is legit. I don't see anything wrong with being open (also, how does it make mafia kills easier?? not following that)
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (isolation #9) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:45 pm

Post by Ariane »

In post 90, lionheart1492 wrote:
In post 87, Ariane wrote:in my experience even RVS votes have at least done kind of (usually silly) justification, so I'm curious as to why lam decided not to do that
But it's not at all alignment indicative. I just find it incredibly pointless as a line of questioning because even if the person is scum there's nothing there to push them on.
And whether or not the vote is at all AI isn't the only point, it's whether or not scum/town might respond differently to being asked about an RVS vote, which I think they might
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (isolation #10) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:25 pm

Post by Ariane »

Hmm I think I see the case on volx

Worried about Yuri and NM in that I'm having difficulty distinguishing between play style and scum /town motivation

I know there's little substance to this post but I'll be back tonight, sorry
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (isolation #11) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:28 pm

Post by Ariane »

Largely because I haven't had access to a computer for the last day and am finding it super difficult to follow along on my phone
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (isolation #12) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:20 am

Post by Ariane »

VOTE: Flavour Leaf

Having trouble seeing a huge amount of town motivation behind his posts. Sure, PoE is legit (I think I said that earlier lol), but he's doing it in a way which seems to me too passive, plus, it's an easy way to not have a huge responsibility for a lynch (sure, it's probably too early on for that to happen, but still). Unsure why he's outing that this is to force a split between Lam and NM, maybe I'm missing something but struggling to see the point of stating that outright. He said a few pages ago that he'd post more/be more active to help a slow game come along, but he's not followed up on that.

FL, you say yr pretty certain that there's scum in NM and Lam, is that purely due to PoE? Wanna say a bit more about that?
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (isolation #13) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:27 am

Post by Ariane »

I'm not seeing the reason behind Volx/lion being TvT. In my (limited) experience/reading, TvT seems to be more likely when 2 people are at loggerheads against each other, but Volx has been more passively responding to lion, rather than properly going at it... most of his posts are talking about others' reactions towards him, with a few questions thrown out, but little of his own content (as in like content which he's created, rather than just being responsive to people talking about him)

I'm not including the stuff on other games here, that reads kinda just like fluff to me, like what's the point of saying 'in this game I'm gonna spend lots of time sorting Auro, and here is a bunch of info from other games which justifies it' (, )? Like even if you felt like you needed to justify it (which I'm also a bit uncertain why you felt the need to), going into so much detail about other games feels like padding yr posts, rather than engaging with this game a lot.

Volx, what's your read on Auro at this point?
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (isolation #14) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:34 am

Post by Ariane »

To clarify my vote on FL a bit more, it's largely down to a) PoE which strikes me as worrying, particularly given passivity elsewhere, b) saying earlier that he'd help the slow start by being more active () but not really following through. If 69 hadn't been posted it wouldn't be an such an issue
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (isolation #15) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:35 am

Post by Ariane »

EBWOP PoE in general I don't mean is worrying, just the way FL is doing it here

@NM do you scumread Yuri?
@Yuri do you have any reads?
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (isolation #16) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:11 am

Post by Ariane »

aight yeah I can't read NM right now, will have a look at his games if I've got time, but otherwise I'll wait for an investigative result or whatever
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (isolation #17) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:15 am

Post by Ariane »

nb I find the whole 'I'll see what happens with person x vs person y' thing a bit weird, rather than just wading in, particularly if there's the worry of tvt

that is, like it's passive I guess

also nb, if FL is mafia I might wanna look at Yuri, that sudden vote was weird timing wise, tho I'll feel better if she gives justification

auro, why the sheep?
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (isolation #18) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:16 am

Post by Ariane »

In post 156, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 144, Lamees wrote:We are too split at the moment. Can everyone just vote NM already. Thanks.
BUt Yuriko Jasmine thinks we should vote Yuriko Jasmine, who are we to deny someone wishes about themselves?
:roll:
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (isolation #19) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:26 am

Post by Ariane »

@auro yeah lots of people aren't storks here

and ok cool, (still not totally down with the vocab on sheep I guess, cos I've been reading it as kinda a "eh I have no reads (that I wanna share) so I'll monkey see monkey do", which doesn't seem to be the case)
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (isolation #20) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:49 pm

Post by Ariane »

Auro (L-2)
: volxen, Flavor Leaf, Lamees
Flavor Leaf (L-3)
: Ariane, Auro
Ariane (L-4)
: YurikoJasmine
YurikoJasmine (L-4)
: Not_Mafia
snowbeast, lionheart1492
Not liking volx, FL, or snowbeast, I reckon there's scum there somewhere

Will give more detailed reasons later (at work rn), but they all seem to be playing to/from mechanics rather than reads, which seems like an easy way to explain a misslichen if they're on it /advocate for it

dunno if that makes sense, I'll be on later this evening
Last edited by MiniDeathStar on Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (isolation #21) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:50 pm

Post by Ariane »

*mislynch
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (isolation #22) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:03 pm

Post by Ariane »

The but I'm not talking about just talking mechanics but basing reads on them

Like FL's recent stuff is just weird, like he was townreading you and me but then is like 'well one of you is scum cos nobody else has voted therefore', and I dunno since it's not based on play he's got an easy explanation if it's a mislynch

not so obvious with snow, but see for example
In post 126, snowbeast wrote:So back from my overnight hiking and have reread this thread twice.
As my first game I and not knowing any of you from a bar of soap I cannot judge your character, only thing I am looking for is two or three players moving in the same direction as the mafia need only two of us to believe them to get a lynch.
he can't judge character so he'll look for voting patterns rather than play. same sitch

Pedit: dunno, don't have a solid read on her, I'll try to get one later tonight
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (isolation #23) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:05 pm

Post by Ariane »

*"true but", sorry, on mobile
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (isolation #24) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:33 pm

Post by Ariane »

So I just find FL's playing here weird, tho I'm glad he's posting more. Vote staying on him for now, though.

'The case is valid but I'm town so I've nothing to say'
'One of Auro/Ariane is scum cos nobody else has voted and scum jump on the opp to vote me'—lazy reasoning imo, and also... has anyone here played with FL before? Why do you think scum would (know to?) vote you? Or is this a 'scum always vote ICs' kind of a thing? Again strange, don't follow the reasoning and—this is what I'm talking about w/ mechanics as an excuse—a way to vote (engage in the game like I accused him of not doing) without really analysing play

Although to be fair he's doing that more now, not sure how honest I find it but I'll need to have another look

On Auro's wagon:
Volxen, FL, Lamees, snowbeast
99.999999% certain there's scum there, it built up too quickly. Also the three in my earlier 'scum's probably here' pool () are all on there lolol, go figure

FL, you figured one of me/Auro had to be scum cos of the voting thing. In fact, you were pretty certain ("That’s a shame. I was town reading both Auro and Ariana. Guess i was wrong somewhere." ). Does that mean you're now certain I'm scum, since "I think you’re town, Auro" ()? I mean this is like PoE with only two participants, like the easiest thing in the world. Why aren't you voting me?
In post 320, Auro wrote:
In post 318, Flavor Leaf wrote:VOTE: Volxen

I can see the newbie town in Snowbeast.

I think you’re town, Auro. Give me a chance to show that I’m town. I have zero reason as scum to come in and post right now, let alone unvote you when I’m the next biggest wagon.
You weren't my favorite lynch anyway -- I was noting that your activity in other games has been down too.

I'll be happy to vote Volxen. Ariane, what do you think?
Nah, I think I'm staying on FL. This strikes me as too much of a compromise, and I don't like them, particularly when I'm scumreading one of the participants. In my limited experience, compromise lynches don't tend to hit scum
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (isolation #25) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:39 pm

Post by Ariane »

To recap, FL's actions look like this:

1. not really interacting/contributing
2. 'Auro or Ari is scum'—said with seeming certainty
3. 'Auro isn't scum'

Now, what would make sense here is:

4. 'Ari is scum'.

Why am I so suspicious that he's not done this? I'll tell you—because statement 2 was based on mechanics/voting counts. Note that this, for FL, completely overrided his 'reads' based on play/character. Therefore, since Auro is town, I shouldn't be able to get out of FL scum reading me through towny posting, or whatever. Yet, he's not voting me. Why?

FL's stuff here strikes me as using a flimsy excuse to find scumreads, but the excuse itself has disappeared, and there's no justification for that.

After leaving Auro, he goes on to vote Volxen, pairing it with 'oh Auro is town'. As said above, this should mean by his own admission, that he's reading me
strongly
as scum. But he's not. The closest he comes to it is saying that one of me/NM is probably scum. But, like I've said, he should be pretty confident it's me.

So
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (isolation #26) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:43 pm

Post by Ariane »

But the thing is, Volx/snow is gonna be an easier lynch than me. This is awful:
In post 312, Flavor Leaf wrote:That means you can see Volxen or Snowbeast as scum? Which would you prefer?

I can see the newbie town in Snowbeast.

I think you’re town, Auro. Give me a chance to show that I’m town. I have zero reason as scum to come in and post right now, let alone unvote you when I’m the next biggest wagon.
Like, come on. He's happy to lynch either Volx or Snow? While being pretty certain either me/NM are scum? While he
should
be pretty certain I'm scum?

Not only that, he asks Auro which lynch he wants. This is compromise lynching, and I see
no
town motivation behind it at all.
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (isolation #27) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:46 pm

Post by Ariane »

I can see why unvoting Auro there might be a town move, but I'm still unconvinced. I don't think it overrides the rest of his play, to me.

although what were the off-wagon players' read on Auro at the time? Don't remember, tho I do remember that me and NM were strongly townreading him, I think.
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (isolation #28) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:48 pm

Post by Ariane »

I'm also liking Volx's posts more than I was.
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (isolation #29) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:50 pm

Post by Ariane »

"Give me a chance to show I'm town", lol

I started off this series of posts (sorry lol) saying I was staying on FL 'for now', but I think while making them I've actually convinced myself that he's the lynch I want.
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (isolation #30) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:09 pm

Post by Ariane »

hmm might see yr points, will have a thorough read later

also cos if my two main trs agree on scum /town reads I wanna consider it more
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (isolation #31) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:35 pm

Post by Ariane »

performer how long from now will that be—can you give an estimate in hours?
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (isolation #32) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:27 pm

Post by Ariane »

sorry I've been away, been sick

gdi I didn't think Volx was scum

for me it's between FL and performer

could maybe see snow/lam, but less so than the upper two

the rest of you are cool. Though I don't think I'm gonna get my FL lynch today, but I'll recommend looking at him tomoz
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #492 (isolation #33) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:30 pm

Post by Ariane »

In post 441, Flavor Leaf wrote:I’m wanting to lynch within Volxen and Ariana.

Ariana’s talking of Volxen directly made it so she wants Volxen vs FL to continue, and chose Volxenms side despite Volxen having rather weak yet fluffy filled posts.
don't quite follow this—this wasn't an attempt to make sure it continued, I just legit got a towny feeling from volx
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #493 (isolation #34) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:35 pm

Post by Ariane »

For me I'm not disliking Lam's posts atm.

@performer, given you said "It looks very much like volx & FL are opposite alignments" (), will you be voting FL today then?

Oh, and lion is in the top category there as well, altho I think I'm finding Auro townier than lion, the latter seems to have faded a bit. Still a tr tho
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (isolation #35) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:42 pm

Post by Ariane »

You'll all note earlier that the FL wagon did *not* take off—sure it went up to L-2 but it took a while

That was me, Auro, and NM later on, and I at least townread all of us (tho more uncertain on the latter)

Given FL said that scum don't hesitate to vote him (still unsure why this was a thing?), and that it was a bit of a slow build in comparison to eg. Auro, sure, one of us could be scum, but more likely FL is

That seems to explain the wagon much more to me

@FL any response to all the stuff I said on you? Others gave reasons to not swing this way, but I'd like to hear from you, particularly questions I directed to you

dunno hope I'm not tunnelling too hard, but

PEdit: FL I don't like, as evidenced before and above

tbh, my scumread on you/Yuri was sparked by Yuri's post where she voted me directly after my case of FL (), without referencing that case at all, but for a different reason. That struck me as weird, cos if she'd either expanded, or done it as a comment on my case being bad, that would've been fine, but without relation to either of those I was thinking it could've been new scum defending her partner

Actually I should probably look at associatives between FL and you, given my read was started on it. The thing of yrs I quoted above makes me think that it's less likely... sorry, my reads are not as solid/well-thought through as I'd like this game
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (isolation #36) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:45 pm

Post by Ariane »

could also see FL and snow, if that's the case I imagine we'll see him push strongly for a you/me lynch

I'm uncomfortable with the way my choosing between non-town reads (because, save FL, they're more that than scum reads) is heavily based on associatives atm. Trying to fix that as I'm reading and posting rn
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (isolation #37) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:56 pm

Post by Ariane »

Eh I'm pretty sure I said I'd be looking at Yuri if FL flipped scum somewhere, I'll find it

As my scumread on FL is increasing, so is that associative

yeah to be fair it's weakish, which I copped to in post last page
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #502 (isolation #38) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:57 pm

Post by Ariane »

In post 159, Ariane wrote:nb I find the whole 'I'll see what happens with person x vs person y' thing a bit weird, rather than just wading in, particularly if there's the worry of tvt

that is, like it's passive I guess

also nb, if FL is mafia I might wanna look at Yuri, that sudden vote was weird timing wise, tho I'll feel better if she gives justification

auro, why the sheep?
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #504 (isolation #39) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:03 pm

Post by Ariane »

If I get dead I encourage you all to look at FL's posts, and the way he doesn't respond much to my questions/arguments

PEdit lol I was about to say 'what predecessor' I'd completely forgotten I'd replaced in

Yeah this was earlier on so it defs wasn't a hard stance. Like I said, my worry about Yuri strengthened as my scumread on FL strengthened. Not sure how much has transferred over to you, tbh, which is my bad, fair shake
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (isolation #40) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:10 pm

Post by Ariane »

On a reread of snow's iso, leaning more towards him than performer. Aware that this probs makes me look opportunistic, but whatever. Recommendation to look at FL and snow tomoz

his ISO is bad. it's waffly, and there's more on info rather than reads (there's a term for this I think?), and only taking hard stances/votes on safe bets.

I dunno maybe he could be newb town. Not convinced.

as for the associative, more of FL's play than snow's, and it's weak, but like he hardly ever talks about snow, except to put him in a lynch pool a couple of times (note: never talks about him by himself), and only puts forward a read on him after Auro like, almost, gives the go ahead lol (). I've also already said in detail why I don't like this post

Anyway there's where I'm at. More uncertain than I'd like, also might be tunnelling.
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (isolation #41) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:11 pm

Post by Ariane »

If I manage to survive and FL ends up being town I'd be flailing lol

probs still go with snow
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #512 (isolation #42) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:55 pm

Post by Ariane »

lol

Performer can I have an answer to this? what's changed?
In post 493, Ariane wrote: @performer, given you said "It looks very much like volx & FL are opposite alignments" (), will you be voting FL today then?
and btw the 'hours' thing was cos I'm in Australia and have trouble following time zones, plus we're close to end of day and I wanted to know what I could expect
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #541 (isolation #43) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:40 am

Post by Ariane »

oi oi lam do an FL case lol
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #542 (isolation #44) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:42 am

Post by Ariane »

real talk, ok with a [snow, FL, performer] lynch today, and I'll vote/hammer the former before day ends

possible that lion is playing a great scum game but maybe I'm paranoid

uncertain on lam but not in my lynch pool rn
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #543 (isolation #45) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:46 am

Post by Ariane »

In post 532, Flavor Leaf wrote:I caught up. Volxen/Ariana scum team.

That’s why they have to get me. Because I caughtem.
note how he's again scumreading those who are voting him

Since volx is "probably actually tracker", who's scum with me then?

(I don't know why I'm bothering here, he's not gonna be lynched, and am worried I'm wrong since like this is not a read shared by most, but hey)
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (isolation #46) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:47 am

Post by Ariane »

Since volx is "probably actually tracker", who's scum with me then?

am putting in bold for more visibility. would like an answer to this.
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #545 (isolation #47) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:57 am

Post by Ariane »

lam if yr not willing to lunch snow but are ok with lunching a null read, wanna join me and volx on FL?

(on phone so am not quoting the post where you said the latter, soz)

(lol if FL turns out to be town I'll be super embarrassed, sorry man)
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (isolation #48) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:06 am

Post by Ariane »

Spoiler: lam play
In post 538, Lamees wrote:
He's scum though, but even if not It's better than no lynch. You already know he's done with his game solving. Tomorrow it's just vote lamees. Bbmolla all over again lol.
also this seems like the precursor to what you did last game, where you kinda just gave up, please don't do that this time? like literally it'll be tomorrow and loads more will happen, don't give up again, you don't even have all that much pressure on you so

if you are town I'd really like it if you didn't repeat that. maybe I'm reading too much into that sentence but it would be great if you kept giving reads/engaging/etc.
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #548 (isolation #49) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:07 am

Post by Ariane »

pedit: didn't show up, but sweet. vote?
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #550 (isolation #50) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:12 am

Post by Ariane »

snowbeast (L-2)
: Auro, lionheart1492, Performer
Flavor Leaf (L-3)
: Ariane, volxen
Auro (L-4)
: snowbeast
Lamees (L-4)
: Not_Mafia
Lamees, Flavor Leaf
ok good, just wanted to check
Last edited by MiniDeathStar on Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #552 (isolation #51) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:35 am

Post by Ariane »

Necessarily short because I'm going to bed, but from what I recall of reading that they're decently vlaid points, but separate from the points I was making, so while they've merit I don't think they're enough to override my vote

going from memory cos I'm falling asleep, but things: a) omgus like three times, b) the initial one—saying he'll further town activity and then not doing so till he's called out, c) reads based on 'in my experience, x amount of scum tends to do y, or a amount of a wagon tends to be b' kinda stuff, which is an easy get out of gaol free card, so..., d) not responding to questions, e) that really weird exchange with you about snow and volx

also just tone I guess. dunno. Like I said, I might be tunnelling, I don't know. willling to vote snow also
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #553 (isolation #52) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:37 am

Post by Ariane »

(the initial one= the initial reason I ddn't like him
also, not just omgus, but it combined with c).......maybe it's his playstyle? don't have the time to go thru it. in any case I don't like it)
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #554 (isolation #53) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:37 am

Post by Ariane »

also, general perception from who? This is a newbie game, and this is my 4th game, and I've never heard of him
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #555 (isolation #54) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:38 am

Post by Ariane »

also, general perception from who? This is a newbie game, and this is my 4th game, and I've never heard of him
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #559 (isolation #55) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:48 am

Post by Ariane »

also, yeah, I think a wagon could've been pushed on me. I haven't been the worst this game, but also not the best.
Can I have examples of working with others? I've maybe missed things.
re. the PoE reasoning, the point was that he had a scumpool of two. Then, one of the two (you), merited a town read. But......he didn't vote the other one (me)?? that's my problem.

I'm really not ok with people not voting me when, according to their own reasoning, they should be. Given I know I'm town (gah I'm sorry thats' such an overused statement...), the only reason they're not voting me is a) they've changed their mind, in which case they shouuld say so, and FL didn't, b) they don't think a lunch is possible, which I don't think is actually the case here, or c) they're scum

pdit lolol

a lot of us don't like snow, not so much their lack of activity, but the stuff they've posted the few times they've been here, do an iso hey

ppedit: NM do an iso or see a case, whatever

......lam, if you can't remember who snow is.....it really makes yr townread less legit
and also you
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #560 (isolation #56) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:53 am

Post by Ariane »

ok I'm gonna need to think on the lam/snow thing. not sure if careless town or scum

@Auro have a look at FL's iso. like ctrl-f "VOTE:"

I've been the only constant scumread of his since I first voted him. He's never voted me. Like he's cycled through 'Auro or Ariane' 'NM or Ariane' 'Volxen AND Ariane'

and he's never voted me, not once. He's never even pushed for a lunch. (NB i much prefer that term lolol)

The last is particularly egregious, given it was an 'and' not an 'or'. He thinks tracker claim is legit. Why isn't he voting me? Who's my partner?

Oh, and, also, been meaning to say this, if any of us are Neapolitan, claim now. There's no scenario in which neo and tracker happen. If yr neo, then Volx is scum, and you should probs out that. (Also if anyone's tracker, but I fig that's obvious)
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #563 (isolation #57) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:57 am

Post by Ariane »

That is to say, I'm not out of the possibility of being lunched. ABSOLUTELY reckon FL should be voting me if he's town and scumreads me. It's not like I'm solid town. Like, I've been solid town, and this isn't it.

PEdit: ok I'll read that, and also ok lam, wasn't clear to me, but fine
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #565 (isolation #58) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:03 am

Post by Ariane »

In post 564, Lamees wrote:When snowbeast flips green at least we can lynch on that wagon tomorrow.
run
fatalism
.exe
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #569 (isolation #59) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:08 am

Post by Ariane »

In post 307, Flavor Leaf wrote:UNVOTE: Auro

I don’t think Auro’s scum, however.
@Auro I respectfully disagree. This was three days ago. Plenty of time to try to gathr a wagon on me. he didn't

loads of time before a lunch

PEdit: sorry lamees :( that was very much in jest. love you lots. I'm a bit hammered
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #570 (isolation #60) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:16 am

Post by Ariane »

In any case. even if snow flips green, look at it this way: it's built up very slowly, so I'm more inclined to see town participants (as compared to Auro's, which I do see as blatantly scum-motivated

Spoiler: @lamees
this is probably not necessary, but I was absolutely poking fun, and sorry if it came across badly :( like I said I'm not sure if yr town or scum, but I really hope you didn't take that as mean... it wasn't meant to be. Like I said, am drunk, but that's not really an excuse for being mean, and I didn't mean to be. sorry again, and please don't take it to heart, I didn't mean it that way
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #573 (isolation #61) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:20 am

Post by Ariane »

Spoiler:
In post 561, Auro wrote:
In post 310, Flavor Leaf wrote:@Auro - who’s scummiest out of Volxen, Snowbeast, Not Mafia, Ariana.

I feel scum’s split up in there somewhere.
In post 314, Flavor Leaf wrote:I think you’re wrong on one of NM/Ariana, but we can deal with that another time.
Ariane, he was ready to vote you, and he's been keeping you in his scumreads to now.
This is a case of him reaching consensus with a townread of his (me) instead of tunnelling onto a slot I didn't want lynched.
At that point I don't think anyone else was ready to lynch you, so it falls under b)
This is pro-town if you believe I'm town. It would've been less productive to keep a vote on you IMO.

You don't need to be voting your top scumread always.
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... ion#Myth_5
Read Myth 5 in that URL, tell me if you can see where I'm going. If you agree that it's a pro-town move.

Serious question: do you find me anti-town for keeping on at FL here?
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #574 (isolation #62) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:21 am

Post by Ariane »

pedit lololol
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #576 (isolation #63) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:25 am

Post by Ariane »

oh shit neither of yr posts came up hold on I only saw the second

answer to the first: absolutely. look I don't care how accurate his reads are, at this point: it's day 1 and we're all flailing, whatever. If he'd actually made a case and voted me, hey, he's following through on his reads. He's committing. He's putting himself out there, on a risk, and hell yeah I'll townread that.

and I've said above why I scumread him, and while part of that is to do with not voting me, it's not all of my read.

Scum are more wary of pushing cases on town than town are. It's the fact he
hasn't
pushed me that makes me suspicious. If he had, hey, that's great.

PEdit: am confused, are you meaning to quote yrself?
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #577 (isolation #64) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:28 am

Post by Ariane »

to clarify: the above is to post , the lololol is to post
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #579 (isolation #65) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:30 am

Post by Ariane »

also, Auro, I think yr overestimating the townreads on me, both at this time and at that time

I don't think I'm anywhere near as solid a tr as you're making me out to be
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #582 (isolation #66) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:39 am

Post by Ariane »

@Lam ok good, glad it's all g :]

I dunno if it's *all* town, uncertain on performer. It's just I see a distinct difference between this one and the Auro one

I dunno, maybe it's cos I townread Auro pretty strongly. But like, take a look at the amount of justification most people have given for voting snow, vs. the justification most people gave for votng Auro

iirc

PEdit: oh ok, I see

hmmmmm ok. Maybe. (never heard of death-tunnelling before?)

I've never played with FL before, nor had a look at his meta. So I dunno how he'd be with pushing through a lunch? It's just he seems awfully out of it, as in this game, I'd really like to see him commit to *something* but the closest he's ever come is like scumpools

And yeah. As the only constant in his scumpools I'm sus. also don't like his play. But whatever, it's not happening today. I'll have a closer look at his play overnight, but I'm unsure I'll find much to change my mind. I'll try to go in with an open one though. Imploring you to do the same? Tho it seems yr pretty much set.

PEdit (christ lol this keeps happening) yeah I'm not talking about yr townread on me, but on yr perceptiong of other people's reads on me. Like I'm nowhere near a global townread, but I think you're overestimating the amount of effort (or lack thereof) it'd take to get me lunched

If FL, or whoever, had pushed harder, I could be up on the chopping board as lettuce or whatever
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #583 (isolation #67) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:41 am

Post by Ariane »

*perception
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #586 (isolation #68) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:55 am

Post by Ariane »

awww <3

wow that's never been a question I've been asked before, but if I was gonna do a post on me it'd probs look at
a) sporadic activity
b) tunnelling on FL
c) soft reads on [whoever the person making the case is townreading eg. Yuri or volx or NM or lam] without really following through too much (although I'm not sure that crit would hold for Yuri/performer at the moment anymore, perhaps on the other two
d) like b), using my tunnelling on FL to avoid giving reads on other players
e) using an early townread on lion to avoid having to interact with him after that
f) being like 'yeah ok I'll vote for a snow lunch if ness'

lolol fuck this is just turning into my issues with my own play. Can I turn the q back on you Auro? Actually I dunno if I'd bother, I don't need you to strengthen my tr on you atm
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #588 (isolation #69) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:03 am

Post by Ariane »

Hm yeah lam is tricky, hence why she's still in my null pile

Have actually been meaning to have a look at her past games, cos someone (can't remember who, I think in my last) said her scum game was good. Don't think I'm gonna get a chance to do that before night tho :/

I don't have the mental energy rn to go through, atm asides FL and to a lesser extent snow and performer, reads are based on feeling. Strong townread on you, both because of posting, and backing that up that all three of my scumreads were on yr wagon lolol, unless i'm terribly inaccurate this game that seems unlikely if yr scum
most else based on feeling, so nowt to quote but,
lion seemed super town in like the first half of day, still does but less so
from what I've heard/the VERY little I've read of NM, I'm inclined to say town, seems honest
lam I dunno. maybe maybe. like I said, need to look at meta, which I'll do n1.
snow.... like I..maybe newb town? Difficult to tell since they haven't been posting recently
Peforner I...like I wanna say I like more than Yuri? But that is really hindered by what he's been doing voting wise. tbh performer is someone who I think, for my own reads, is really gonna rely on flips.

That's a thing about this whole game actually, there's been loads of wagons which is, like, loads of fodder for days hence, but makes it difficult d1 imo

PEdit: like I said I'm willing, I guess, to hammer snow. But in any case I wanna hear from him re. claim or last reads or whatever. I'll be on before deadline.
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #589 (isolation #70) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:04 am

Post by Ariane »

to clarify on snow, I *could* see newb town. Could be scum. As in I'm good to vote her if needed for a lunch.
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #590 (isolation #71) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:06 am

Post by Ariane »

tbh I just don't know. My reads in general are way more uncertain than I'd like. soz, but that's where I'm at.
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #596 (isolation #72) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:59 am

Post by Ariane »

Spoiler: avatar
a mod of mine of an earlier game Plotinus: an easy way of finding a good picure to the specs is to replace 'KITTEN' with whatever yr searching for: https://www.google.com/search?q=KITTEN& ... source=lnt

just passing on the goodwill
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #605 (isolation #73) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:35 pm

Post by Ariane »

aight so there's six hrs left, this is intent to hammer, snowbeast if yr round class?
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #608 (isolation #74) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:50 pm

Post by Ariane »

ok mate, it's not like I said I'd be hammering last night or anything, my post is defs coming out of nowhere. also it's end of day, if yr town any thoughts? who's scum with me if snow flips green? who else should we be looking at besides me?
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #610 (isolation #75) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:53 pm

Post by Ariane »

so you're declaring that lam and NM are town since neither are on snow? you'll be sticking to that tomorrow I assume? or will you change your mind?

pedit: it is, but we're allowed to keep posting til mod flips it
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #611 (isolation #76) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:55 pm

Post by Ariane »

@FL you posted two minutes after me. your post before that was just under 16 hours before that. Lurking and waiting for someone to post? scummy timing imo
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #612 (isolation #77) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:56 pm

Post by Ariane »

sorry, seven mins, my bad, but like still
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #613 (isolation #78) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:59 pm

Post by Ariane »

In post 606, Flavor Leaf wrote:
This is scum. Mark my words. ^

VOTE: Snowbeast

Snowbeast could be a partner of Ariana’s and she’s trying to potentially allow them to claim.
what do you mean potentially? explicitly

that was pretty obvious

and it's not like town would want a claim. What would be the scum motivation for allowing a partner to claim? yr not making sense.
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #614 (isolation #79) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:04 pm

Post by Ariane »

can you explain why you hammered?
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #615 (isolation #80) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:11 pm

Post by Ariane »

*5 minutes

Sorry I've just woken up lol
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #618 (isolation #81) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:24 pm

Post by Ariane »

I don't really get that though, cos scum has daytalk? you'd just push them to post on there right? if anyone had a problem with me stating intent /asking for a claim they should've said it last night
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #623 (isolation #82) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:35 pm

Post by Ariane »

In post 620, Auro wrote:@Ariane: You'd say it in this thread because you need a reason not to vote or hammer them already

@Volx: Any comment on recent developments?
or I could've just logged on later than I did

or like lurked for 16 hours until someone stated intent and then hammered 5 mins after that, and then not post again
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #628 (isolation #83) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:08 pm

Post by Ariane »

...?
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #630 (isolation #84) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:13 pm

Post by Ariane »

gdi I mean that's great but I'm continuing my streak of never making it to day 2 as town :p
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #635 (isolation #85) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:27 pm

Post by Ariane »

aw tho hey streak broken probs
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #637 (isolation #86) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:31 pm

Post by Ariane »

I swear to God
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #643 (isolation #87) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:40 pm

Post by Ariane »

if it's a jk the optimal play might be to not protect volx, we had a convo about this in an earlier game of mine
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #648 (isolation #88) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:44 pm

Post by Ariane »

yeah well in that game I was jk and jailed the claimed tracker, was tossing up between that and my main scum read. Turns out he killed me, if I'd jailed him there'd have been no nk, and he would've probably been lunched the day after. town still won but it was a close thing
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #689 (isolation #89) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:44 pm

Post by Ariane »

ok Christ this throws stuff out there

in column a tracker and neo are the safest scum claims so I could see that. I'm gonna need to read volx and reconsider

reads wise I can't get over FL's timing end of last day. lion seems to have disappeared from my radar which I'm worried about

and lol does someone (FL maybe) actually wanna case me if they think I'm scum? from what I recall that hasn't happened yet and I have trouble imagining it as town until, like, reasons

if volx is scum FL's defence would be weird if he's maf, if town!volx it makes sense to me

need to reread
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #691 (isolation #90) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:48 pm

Post by Ariane »

I was gonna do it at night but got slammed with work. been meaning to do it for a while cos worried about tunnelling FL, I just haven't got around to it, so withholding judgement till then, getting confused by WIFOM all over

PEdit I'm not gonna hammer at this point tbh, I need to reread volx

tho volx if yr town bad play
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #692 (isolation #91) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:49 pm

Post by Ariane »

inclined to say scum but I'll check stuff out tonight, would appreciate no lunch till then
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #697 (isolation #92) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:37 pm

Post by Ariane »

it's not called 'stalling' it's called 'I have a full time job and am also unsure who mafia is'

if you look at my profile you'll actually see I'm prioritising this game as I believe it's the only place I've posted in like a day and a half, tho that should change tonight

and FL you say that like I haven't been trying to set up a... 'mislynch' since like halfway thru D1
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #698 (isolation #93) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:39 pm

Post by Ariane »

tbh I think it's probs volx and FL but I want to be surer than I am
Ariane
Ariane
Goon