newbie 1905: pictures from my phone (GAME OGRE !!!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (isolation #0) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:47 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 9, the worst wrote:on that note It seems everyone so far is comfortable with random voting stage (rvs) where we basically vote players with very thin reasoning in order to try and spark some conversation!

VOTE: volxen
May as well kick off the tunnel right? ;)
Yeah, might as well make this a repeat of Newbie 1888 where we tunneled each other all day long on day one. Fun times! :D

VOTE: The Worst
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (isolation #1) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:22 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 14, the worst wrote:Nice to have you on board officially, welcome PvtUrist. :D

pedit: you're pickin a fight with the wrong duckie volx! :twisted: :giggle:
But we always pick fights with one another, why should we change that now? :lol:
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (isolation #2) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:02 am

Post by volxen »

In post 29, NotAJumbleOfNumbers wrote:
In post 28, nonny wrote:Where’s the pressure? It was page 1 and 1 vote. The response is interesting
Newbies still might be getting used to the game and a single vote may be enough to scare them in some cases.
For better or worse a lot of people use RVS to place non-serious or "joke" votes until the game makes that transition from "RVS" to "serious mode", so it's very common to get at least one vote against you in RVS. Why would you think that a newbie would be scared off by getting one vote against them?
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (isolation #3) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:16 am

Post by volxen »

In post 16, Tinexkksi wrote:VOTE: volxen ;)
Pfft, you should have sheeped me and voted for TW! :wink:
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (isolation #4) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:28 am

Post by volxen »

In post 56, YyottaCat wrote:VOTE: NotAJumbleOfNumbers so that I don't get L-1
How does you voting for NAJON help you to avoid getting placed at L-1?
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (isolation #5) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:46 am

Post by volxen »

In post 61, the worst wrote:I think I need to bend myself into a pretzel to read Yyotta but I might say she's 1% more likely to be town than scum, too.
She's still null for me at the moment, but I could see her vote for you coming from newb!town. This is only her third game, so she's still fairly newish. I'm also wondering if you being the IC had anything to do with her vote for you, as new players tend to be fairly skeptical of the IC. I know that from experience, as all I did in my first game was hard tunnel the IC who turned out to be town. :D

I would like her to explain the vote for NAJON, as it seemed kind of random.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (isolation #6) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:51 am

Post by volxen »

In post 66, Vorkuta wrote:
In post 64, volxen wrote:NAJON
In post 65, the worst wrote:NAJON
Ok guys- his sig clearly says call him 'Jumble' :mrgreen:
Oh, my bad, I never noticed that. I will call him Jumble from now on.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (isolation #7) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:14 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 107, YyottaCat wrote:because i voted jumble, jumble would obviously lean towards trying to get everyone to vote me, am i not correct?
No, he is not necessarily going to try and get you lynched just because you are voting for him. If he is town, then he will presumably vote for whoever he finds to be scummiest. If he is scum, he will be trying to push a mislynch through, unless he feels the need to bus his partner.

Are you actually scumreading Jumble though? Your sudden vote switch to him and saying that it would help you to avoid getting to L-1 was kind of odd and random.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (isolation #8) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:35 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 121, YyottaCat wrote:I guess I'm always scumlean whenever I do anything, noticed that ages ago

yeah i realy need help on that
You are still a nullread for me, and the only person voting for you at the moment is PvtUrist.

Can you talk more about your reasoning for voting for Jumble? I think most of us are still curious about that. Do you find him to be suspicious/scummy? Are you wanting to pressure him?
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (isolation #9) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:34 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 174, foodcoats wrote:... aaand it'll probably be tomorrow before I get to writing anything, since it's bedtime in my house. Please don't scumread me for it. I'm vanilla town. :)
Welcome, but you really shouldn't state your role, even as VT, as that helps scum to narrow down who the town power roles are...
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (isolation #10) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:03 am

Post by volxen »

Been fairly busy IRL with work. I'll be catching up and posting more tonight and tomorrow.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (isolation #11) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:49 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 185, foodcoats wrote:
In post 13, volxen wrote:
In post 9, the worst wrote:on that note It seems everyone so far is comfortable with random voting stage (rvs) where we basically vote players with very thin reasoning in order to try and spark some conversation!

VOTE: volxen
May as well kick off the tunnel right? ;)
Yeah, might as well make this a repeat of Newbie 1888 where we tunneled each other all day long on day one. Fun times! :D

VOTE: The Worst
Hey volxen. Do you think there are any legitimate reasons to lynch The Worst at the moment? I'm going to read their ISO last since they've posted so much, so I'd appreciate any insight you've picked up already. I appreciate the kind of questions you are asking, but it seems so far you've only read Yyotta as null, which feels like an easy read.
No, I don't think there is any legitimate reason to lynch TW at the moment. My vote for him was an RVS vote. So far he's coming across as fairly townish.

UNVOTE:

Regarding Yyotta, I was nullreading her slot earlier on because I essentially saw her slot as going one of two ways: either she is genuine newb!town, or she is newb!scum being coached by her partner. After seeing more content from her, I'm inclined to believe that she is just newb!town. She started the game off by sheeping my RVS vote for TW, which is actually somewhat common for newer players as they tend to be very skeptical of the IC. And then she makes posts like this:
In post 121, YyottaCat wrote:I guess I'm always scumlean whenever I do anything, noticed that ages ago

yeah i realy need help on that
Which comes across as a genuine reflection on her playstyle. Here, she is acknowledging that there may be things in her playstyle that are causing her to be inadvertently scumread (as a townie), and she wants to change that to make it easier for other people to accurately sort her slot. I can relate to this, because in some of my past town games I have inadvertently done things that got me widely misread as scum and almost mislynched on day one (TW can attest to this :D).

So so far, Yyotta is coming across as genuine newb!town, and TW seems fairly towny, although he and I usually have a hard time accurately reading one another. As for everyone else, it seems there's been quite a lot of posts while I've been away, so I've got some reading and catching up to do first.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1553 (isolation #12) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:57 pm

Post by volxen »

Sorry for replacing out, I really wish I could have stayed, but I got so busy with work/IRL that I really didn't have a choice. But it looks like you all had a good game -- I will have to read through the whole thing when I get some time! Thanks for replacing into my slot Pint, you did a pretty good job!

And TW, I hope I get another chance to be scum against you. Though playing with or against you is hard, because at some point in our games together you
ALWAYS
end up scumreading me regardless of my alignment. Maybe one of these days I will find out the secret on how to get townlocked by TW. :D
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1554 (isolation #13) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:57 pm

Post by volxen »

Oh and Cheeky, I am 100% male thank you very much. :lol:
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1555 (isolation #14) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:13 pm

Post by volxen »

And wow URAP2, that was pretty impressive how you got a guilty on Yotta, and managed to get her lynched without having to out yourself as the cop, only to then turn around and get ANOTHER guilty on Pint. Back-to-back guilties, jeez what are the odds dude. Now it makes sense why you lolhammered Yotta out of nowhere though -- you didn't want her to have a chance to fakeclaim, as that would have forced you to out yourself as the cop in order to push Yotta's lynch through.

That gives me something to consider for my future scumgames -- if me or my scumbuddy get lolhammered without being given a chance to claim, there is probably a good chance that the townie that placed the hammer vote is a TPR who got a guilty on me or my scumbuddy. That didn't occur to me at first, as I guess I just assumed that if someone got a guilty on Yotta, they would have just outed themselves on day 2.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1565 (isolation #15) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:16 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 1563, NotAJumbleOfNumbers wrote:
In post 1559, the worst wrote:
In post 1555, volxen wrote:jeez what are the odds dude
less than six percent
!!!!!!!!!
u r a person 2 wrote:tw am i reading right that you're modding the next road to rome game? I'm gonna play that if so sounds fun
I will be! (pressure is on!) Definitely sign up. :)
Can’t, this was my 3rd newbie game so now I actually have to play something non-newbie.
That's not true Jumble -- you can play as many newbie games as you want! But in order to be able to /in as a SE, you have to have a total of three completed games, one of which must be outside of Road to Rome (i.e., it must be a non-newbie game). But you can keep playing newbie games and /in as a newbie until you meet the qualifications for SE, however long that takes.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1580 (isolation #16) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:19 pm

Post by volxen »

@mod Will you be releasing the Mafia PT soon?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”