newbie 1905: pictures from my phone (day 1)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. It is suggested, but not required, that you play your first game here. Signups Here
PvtUrist
Townie

Post Post #250  (ISO)  » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:47 am

In post 246, the worst wrote:speak up.

Here's my thought process for the past few days.

I'm Town, that makes it 2/8.

Yyotta feels more town than scum, enough for me to give the benefit of doubt to roughly believe 80% chance she's town, dropping it to 2/7.

Verkuta ain't one with sweet lips, but my hunch from the beginning was that she was town. I'm willing to assume so for now, changing depending on how things go on. (2/6)

Jumble feels the opposite. Careful not to provoke or insult, but makes me more suspicious of their intent, as well as the instinctive hunch I've had since the beginning has continue to carry over with their further posts. Scum-lean, but will see how they react (1/5)

tworst, our powerplayer of the year thread. I've been enjoying his questions and posts, but care needs to be taken as to prevent a single player from dominating the entire game (as first suggested by Verkuta). No solid evidence suggesting scum, but paranoia is to be had. Besides, whether he's Town or Scum, I'd feel it'd be a bit rude and more importantly take much fun out of the game if the IC was taken out early (via lynch, especially). Town-lean, but don't feel it's enough to be fully placed as confirmed Town personally yet. (1/5)

As with the rest, I apologize if I hadn't been reading into your posts enough. But I've yet to have had enough of an idea to place such individuals in either town or scum lean. Likewise, if you're town I'd geniunely appreciate more interactions as to more easily round down the possible numbers on scum, or atleast to give an idea to show you're willing to show vulnerability to make us believe that you're Town.

Similar questions to the ones I've previously offered;

How do you feel about the current situation? Especially, your feelings on your current position?

Hypothetically, if everyone was L-1 and you were forced to make the hammer decision, who would you choose and why?

As before, feel free to point out anything that I seem to be out of the ordinary in. I'll likely answer questions to the best of my capabilities.

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Pronoun: He

Post Post #251  (ISO)  » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:47 am

In post 249, Vorkuta wrote:I don't actually recall ever making a solid scum read. Stirring the pot? Yes. Actively telling people how much I distrust you? Yes. Outright calling you/anyone scum? Not yet.
I've explicitly only granted scum points to Yotta (which you guys are fine with brushing off as a beginner play) and ID

see this is good, this is the kinda stuff where i think we're reaching an impasse and it's what i wanna talk to you about more
if you're around the place

PvtUrist
Townie

Post Post #252  (ISO)  » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:52 am

I appreciate the answers, Verkuta.

I do agree with the point of applying pressure to the more passive/lurking players. Until a point where all the players have had atleast possible, semi-solid reads on them, I wouldn't be comfortable in making any heavy choices.

Vorkuta
Goon

Post Post #253  (ISO)  » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:53 am

In post 247, the worst wrote:so if you're going through it, speak up

In post 80, Vorkuta wrote:I love ICs. There's a whopping 7/9 chance that we have an experienced and amazing player on our town that's going to lead us to victory!
If I were paranoid, I'd be more scared of nonny's 2004 join date.

I'm not scared of the IC tag. I'm scared of players mindlessly flowing to the IC tag and the IC taking advantage of it. I don't know if the 2 are sufficiently different (beyond minor nuances) but I think that any other player can take the mantle of 'town leader' and ask the same questions you are and I wouldn't have a problem with it.
My concern is that regardless of whether you're an IC or a new player, "something happened" and a few days in you have a third of the posts and everyone's trust. Which means that in a few more days when you finally decide to
In post 247, the worst wrote:If you hold off, and I am indeed an eViL sCuMgOd:-
1) I can probably pivot the conversation away from my lynch; maybe even my Buddy's.
2) I can probably get a lynch that I want.

I want to have the groundwork/wriggle room/possibility to cast you in a reasonable doubt.

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #254  (ISO)  » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:56 am

guys i'm liking this!!

@Urist i'm looking at your reads as like
{Urist}
{Yyotta, Vorkuta}
{tworst}
{nonny, volxen, infernodragon18} = null
{Jumble}

would that be a fair assessment? if so, i like these reads a lot and i think this is actually ~reasonably~ close to where my brain is slowly floating.
i need to do some volxen/jumble homework, probably when people aren't offline.

How do you feel about the current situation? Especially, your feelings on your current position?

gamestate is feeling good right now.
the last couple of days while we've (+ me/vork) kinda exchanged a couple of posts at night i've been sitting back and thinking "i'm not sure why i can't get thru to these guys and i need to think about how to fix that". basically in swings and roundabouts i think vork has had paranoia about me he's been uncomfortable with voicing. and i think you've been holding back on your reads a fair bit. which probably explains why i've felt like neither of you have wanted to come forward with this stuff lately.

while i was on the bus earlier i had this feeling like "hey yeah vork and urist feel really natural and towny right now" and it was a nice feeling.

so my reads have changed a fair bit in the last ~24 hours but in a positive way. they feel less like i'm having some first impression hot-takes to get the game going & more like they're good feelings i have about people's alignments

Hypothetically, if everyone was L-1 and you were forced to make the hammer decision, who would you choose and why?

i kinda throw this question in the form of "if you were a 1-shot compulsive day vigilante and had 5 seconds to shoot someone who would you shoot?" and i think i like to use it to pressure people into justtttt coughing up a scumread when they haven't been forthcoming if that makes sense

i'm not sure it's really a question i'm all that interested in answering at the moment because i'm kinda in read flux
(earlier in this phase i probably would have said u, for example, because i didn't feel like you were very forthcoming at all; but probably since last night i've been tending town on you)

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #255  (ISO)  » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:02 am

In post 253, Vorkuta wrote:I'm not scared of the IC tag. I'm scared of players mindlessly flowing to the IC tag and the IC taking advantage of it. I don't know if the 2 are sufficiently different (beyond minor nuances) but I think that any other player can take the mantle of 'town leader' and ask the same questions you are and I wouldn't have a problem with it.
My concern is that regardless of whether you're an IC or a new player, "something happened" and a few days in you have a third of the posts and everyone's trust. Which means that in a few more days when you finally decide to

so outside of ICing probably my greatest skill as a (town) player is getting conversation rolling early day one
i think slots are filling up with ppl who will actually play the game now (you'll notice in the last ~2 days a lot of my posts have been directed towards trying to prod you/urist in particular into opening up more) so i'm a lot more comfortable taking a more reserved position in the gamestate

i hope this makes sense. it's a weird balancing act for me atm.
i want the game to kick off with nice juicy content;
but i don't wanna drown the thread intolerably;
but i don't wanna just let people trade fluffposts for another week and then suddenly have the deadline up in their faces....

like i consider myself a winner if i can get people invested in the game :P

and yeah, it makes a lot of sense. whether you're worried i'm intentionally leading the town off a cliff or my reads are just jank and i'm misleading unintentionally. i'm really happy you spoke up about this & i'm liking your posting tonight.

Vorkuta wrote:I want to have the groundwork/wriggle room/possibility to cast you in a reasonable doubt.

^^^^^ do this
if you have reason to think i'm scum, speak up abt it and see how it goes down
if you think some of my reads are cR@p speak up. (i wouldn't say i have accurate reads all the time, so i appreciate this)

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #256  (ISO)  » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:08 am

In post 62, the worst wrote:mechanical town: the worst
strong town: -
leaning town: volxen, NotAJumbleOfNumbers
null-town: nonny, Yyotta
null: InfernoDragon18, Tinexkksi, PvtUrist
null-scum: -
leaning scum: Vorkuta
strong scum: -

current mood
this is gonna be a bit spicy

town: {tw}
strong townread: {vorkuta}
townread: {urist, foodcoats, yyotta, nonny}

{volxen, NotAJumbleOfNumbers, InfernoDragon18}
^ not 100% sure both scum are in here but i think i can sort volxen/Jumble a little better now i have some better-feeling townreads

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #257  (ISO)  » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:10 am

also i need to do a better job of engaging with infernodragon18 next time we're online at the same time..

i'm gonna do some other stuff but if you guys are around i think it'd be cool for you to talk to each other..if you want anything from me just lmk and i'll answer when i'm back..

PvtUrist
Townie

Post Post #258  (ISO)  » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:13 am

After your post (#254) I'm starting to be convinced by your geniune attititude that you're indeed town. Whether you're really town or just a damn good liar, either way I applaud you. It's always an amazing feeling to see someone so enthusiastic about something.

Vorkuta
Goon

Post Post #259  (ISO)  » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:28 am

In post 255, the worst wrote:my greatest skill as a (town) player is getting conversation rolling early day one

I'll bite for the time being even though I'm too lazy to go through your previous games to verify.

In post 257, the worst wrote:engaging with infernodragon18

I'll get started
VOTE: InfernoDragon18 for
In post 241, Vorkuta wrote:Seriously- a third of infernodragon's (8) posts are basically fancy ways to call me scum, and the rest of his answers are noncommittal and vague.
Isn't that the exact type of player (quiet, doesn't draw any attention, jumps on an early/easy opportunity) who deserves more suspicion than I do?

PvtUrist
Townie

Post Post #260  (ISO)  » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:34 am

In that case;

VOTE: InfernoDragon18 wagon time.

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #261  (ISO)  » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:33 am

I'm gonna hold off on voting for a bit.

@volxen, nonny, foodcoats - did you all get the same warm energy from {urist, vork, tw} that I did just now?

foodcoats
Townie

Post Post #262  (ISO)  » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:03 am

In post 261, the worst wrote:I'm gonna hold off on voting for a bit.

@volxen, nonny, foodcoats - did you all get the same warm energy from {urist, vork, tw} that I did just now?

I'm glad to see there's been some more activity. I'd really like to hear some substantive commentary from volxen, Jumble, YyottaCat and nonny before I firm up my D1 reads, but despite that, I'd like to address TW's question with a review of the most recently active players: TW, Vorkuta, PvtUrist, and InfernoDragon18.

At the moment, I don't think the conversation so far has shifted my reads much, and from a strategic perspective, my vote on Vorkuta is reinforced. That's not to say I haven't thought about what they have written, and I don't believe I am tunneling Vorkuta. I was convinced enough by some of Vorkuta's posts to consider changing votes, and I actually think the InfernoDragon18 wagon is healthy because it will force ID18 to defend him/herself and give us more information.

But, that said:

In post 241, Vorkuta wrote:Seriously- a third of infernodragon's (8) posts are basically fancy ways to call me scum, and the rest of his answers are noncommittal and vague.
Isn't that the exact type of player (quiet, doesn't draw any attention, jumps on an early/easy opportunity) who deserves more suspicion than I do?

This comment from Vorkuta is totally incorrect. I don't think that InfernoDragon18 has been vague at all. ID18 has a high density of commitment in their posts. This is valuable to me as town because I can use it later to draw relationships between ID18 and other players, and their voting patterns. ID18 hasn't created many individual posts, but just look at how much information they give us in this single post (in response to PvtUrist):

In post 209, InfernoDragon18 wrote:I feel that we have a good pretty much confirmed town in TW (at least I really hope he is given he is my strongest town read) and we have a decent sized block of town-ish looking people, mainly Volxen and yourself. Of course, any of these town-ish people could be scum obviously, but I don't think they would make a good lynch for today in our current place

For me, the most scummy people at this moment are Vortuka and Yyotta, and Vortuka is far more scummy in my eyes given thier interactions with theworst and their general attacking nature. I think something that also makes me very suspicious of them is the fact they seem to be trying to make everyone doubt the conclusions they have reached. Sure, it makes plenty of sense for them to be attacking TW considering they are TW's #1 scum read, but they are doing this mainly through casting doubt on other people's conclusions rather than pointing out what TW is doing that could be scummy (exept the questions). Yyotta to me just seems defensive and isn't really fleshing out any of her reads. The only things she has actually said in terms of reads basically amount to "they are town because they are town".

If we compare the following quote, it shows how vastly differently Vorkuta is approaching the game from ID18. I'm only posting the last of Vorkuta's responses to PvtUrist, but I recommend everyone read all of post 248. To be fair: this post sounds intelligent, reasonable, and justified. I found myself agreeing with Vorkuta and was prepared to adjust my read on her/him. But when I take a step back, I can't help but notice that Vorkuta has chosen to spend a lot of effort responding to PvtUrist in defensive, mechanical and statistical terms - and has still managed to avoid making significant, committed reads. Vorkuta is, in my opinion, remaining flexible. Even if you don't believe this style is scummy, it is at the very least anti-town, because we will have difficulty going back and incriminating Vorkuta later on in the game due to how little opinion they've given us. We'll never be able to use the following post to draw relationships between Vorkuta and other players' alignments:

In post 248, Vorkuta wrote:These questions... I swear answering all of these would be a scum tell because only scum would have to try and stay alive for so long. If I get lynched for not answering them then at least I can flip green and justify myself.
I'll indulge Urist just because it's a refreshing change of pace from dealing with IC!theworst

In post 238, PvtUrist wrote:Finally, before the end of D1, (aside from accusing me as a filthy elf) what is the biggest thing you'd wish town to pay attention to, and why?

The Activity Overview because
-It shows that theworst has quadruple some player's posts and to urge other people to think about the extremes/both sides of the spectrum
-It shows that I spend half my game-time defending answering worst's inquiry
and most importantly
-It shows that several players have succeeded in hiding in the background and that town MUST shine the spotlight in their direction in order to have a chance of winning

In comparison, TW attacked Vorkuta, just as I am doing (TW's attack is several posts/pages long and the pressuring elements are relatively obvious, so I won't clip anything; if you require clarifying quotes, please ask me). This is pro-town activity, again because it will be useful information in the future. If Vorkuta were to "flip green," as he/she has insisted they will several times, ID18, TW and myself would all fall under suspicion. But if TW were to be lynched and flip town, Vorkuta has written their posts in such a way as to claim they made a mistake.

I have also been thinking that PvtUrist makes some scummy moves, particularly in this post directed at Vorkuta:

In post 238, PvtUrist wrote:Verkuta; I'm having mixed feelings about you. While I along with presumeably most others have much suspicion on your actions, your posts otherwise have brought up a few points that I atleast partially agree with. I currently don't feel like the D1 lynch on you is the most correct choice as I feel like there are crucial information and/or posts missing that might otherwise prove your potential innocence. Though, the outcome would heavily depend on your response to the upcoming questions.

Are you Vanilla? If you do cannot or do not wish to say so, why?

Finally, before the end of D1, (aside from accusing me as a filthy elf) what is the biggest thing you'd wish town to pay attention to, and why?[/i]

The thing I find scummy about this post is that it is not internally consistent. The questions are good because they try to force Vorkuta to take a position; but that is not in line with the initial read that PvtUrist no longer believes Vorkuta is scum. If PvtUrist thinks Vorkuta is town, why are they attacking so hard? The strangeness of this interaction is reinforced by this:

In post 260, PvtUrist wrote:In that case;

VOTE: InfernoDragon18 wagon time.

It doesn't help that I don't agree with Vorkuta's argument that ID18 deserves to be a wagon for scummy activity, but nonetheless, I see no clear logical path for PvtUrist to arrive at the decision to clear their suspicions of Vorkuta and thus apply pressure to ID18. There are inconsistencies in the way Urist is approaching the game. I don't want to get into a tunnel of circular reasoning, but this feels like Urist coming to her/his scum partner's defense more than Urist being legitimately convinced of something. I'm glad to see on a re-read of Urist's ISO that she/he never voted for TW, as that would be a major red flag.

@PvtUrist: Do you really believe that Vorkuta's answers were good enough to (semi-)clear them? What makes you believe ID18 is scum?

@nonny, volxen, YyottaCat and Jumble: What do you think of my argument? If you don't think Vorkuta is the best D1 lynch, who would you recommend we lynch instead? Is ID18 a legitimate wagon when they are (in my opinion) obviously pro-town in their activities?

@Vorkuta: Do you think that Jumble might be a better example than ID18 of low post, low effort, non-committal reads?

PvtUrist
Townie

Post Post #263  (ISO)  » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:48 am

Welcome foodcoats. I will refer to you as FC from now on, if you don't mind.

I am seeing certain valid points in your post, some of them I personally agree with. Though, there are a few accusations that require some adjustments;

"Pushing for more contributions from the less active players." Makes sense that you'd agree.

"TW is currently the most town-lean." Likewise.

"Vorkuta is vague/scum-lean." I (temporarily, mind you) dropped the accusation on him/her because I noticed I'd be finding better answers with my time elsewhere. I don't lose suspicions of anyone completely, if that's what you were wondering. It's a similar case with Yyotta that if either were indeed scum, time would show their allignments, whereas lurkers may and will continue to lurk when uncontested.

"Post 238 inconsistence" I do not believe Vorkuta is the correct D1 lynch, especially not before reads are possible on all the players. I see no inconsistencies with my logics; if my questions proved him/her to be more town-alligned, it takes pressure off from a potential D1 blitz lynch. On the other hand, if it proved them scum-aligned, then naturally there would not be questions asked about that.

"Post 260 inconsistence" Reasoning explained above.

"Defend ID18 because reason x" Speaking of, why are you personally defending ID? I'm sure he's more than capable in defending himself, provided he's of the correct allignment. If anything, it makes me question your motives, whatever they may be.

I appreciate the post and the doubts within, but be careful what you preach. Your action here has so far been;
- Earn town points by promoting TW and repeating decisions others have made.
- Attempt to paint me as "inconsistent", Vorkuta as vague/anti-town (I DO have my personal suspicions), and thus myself and Vorkuta as the scums of the town, and more bizzarely;
- Stepping out to heavily defend ID18 in a way that is certainly not natural or town-like

If you're town (which I now seriously doubt you are), think through what you've written. Do the agenda they achieve help town more, or does it help scum more?

If you're scum, keep posting. It's hardly fair to entirely judge someone off of a single post.
Dropping socks and lead pipes on Goblins since 2017

DF bloodline; coming soon (in like a few days)

PvtUrist
Townie

Post Post #264  (ISO)  » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:51 am

"@nonny, volxen, YyottaCat and Jumble: What do you think of my argument? If you don't think Vorkuta is the best D1 lynch, who would you recommend we lynch instead? Is ID18 a legitimate wagon when they are (in my opinion) obviously pro-town in their activities?" Provided the fact that we have more than a week's time until the deadline, I don't see why you would be worried in getting someone killed anytime soon. If you're town, that is.

PvtUrist
Townie

Post Post #265  (ISO)  » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:53 am

FYI it's bedtime for me here. Be on in 10-12 hrs from now.

schadd_
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266  (ISO)  » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:34 am

prodding nonny
newbie 1905 (day 1) ! simple open and hopefully novel blitz in minitheme signups shortly !

be nice to workers

nonny
Mafia Scum

Pronoun: She

Post Post #267  (ISO)  » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:01 pm

Got prod have 4.5 pages to read. Sorry ended up working 16hrs yeserday and had to be back to work 8 hrs after that >.< will catch up and do substantial post tonight.
*insert bad joke here*

volxen
Goon

Post Post #268  (ISO)  » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:03 pm

Been fairly busy IRL with work. I'll be catching up and posting more tonight and tomorrow.

Vorkuta
Goon

Post Post #269  (ISO)  » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:32 pm

Oh boy... and here I thought I could catch a break but nooo- I get attacked on all fronts. *grumbles*

In post 262, foodcoats wrote:I actually think the InfernoDragon18 wagon is healthy

In post 262, foodcoats wrote:I see no clear logical path for PvtUrist to arrive at the decision to clear their suspicions of Vorkuta and thus apply pressure to ID18

So which is it.....
And who else is going to pick up the wagon..?

Look- I picked ID18 out from the blue as he had the lowest post count. I could've easily picked nonny or volxen (who also spent a few posts calling me scummy). I have no intention of actually following through with a lynch WITHOUT any new information. Hell- last game this happened to me and I voted purely to get someone to say more things I JUMPED OFF the wagon as soon as the guy hit L-1 to give him some breathing room.
TO reiterate- I'm not voting for ID18 because I think he's scum. I'm voting for him because he doesn't get a free pass with his 8 posts (a third of which were 'vork is scummy'), and I have absolutely no information on him. This argument ALSO applies to the others with lower post counts, but it applies MOST STRONGLY to ID18.

In post 262, foodcoats wrote:to avoid making significant, committed reads

-So if I provide a committed readlist, will you back off? No you won't because only scum!vork would succumb to your demands to try and relieve the pressure.
-I can only provide a proper readlist upon seeing a reaction to this fiasco. worst and urist have decided to back off me for the time being. Is it because they're fine with buddying up with me as town? Or is it because the scum pair has decided that I would make an excellent scapegoat come D2 or D3?
You've decided to press the attack- I want to see how many people flock to your side. Now- that leaves 5 players who haven't responded at all to this.
-By spending so much time in the spotlight and having to defend myself, my game plan has been thrown out the window and now I can no longer 'do the things' or 'ask the questions' that I've wanted to.
I believe that the most solid reads can be derived players who react to events that happen to THEM.
NOT from players who react to events that happen to OTHERS.
Seeing as I've had very little opportunity to witness how the rest of you react to events (this ID18 is pretty much the first time- if it even plays out) I think I've earned the right to delay my readlists until later.

In post 262, foodcoats wrote:If Vorkuta were to "flip green," as he/she has insisted they will several times, ID18, TW and myself would all fall under suspicion.

That's entirely on you guys :P. Well now that worst has backed off, it would be just you two now.
In post 262, foodcoats wrote:But if TW were to be lynched and flip town, Vorkuta has written their posts in such a way as to claim they made a mistake.

-There's no way you guys would lynch such a player. The utility/questions he bring to town, coupled with your faith in him make him almost invulnerable during daytime. Even if I had the opportunity to hammer him (or was a compulsive one-shot day vigilante :P) I probably wouldn't until D-3. As of now I have voiced my suspicions and most of what I think about the guy, but I do not want to commit to giving him scum points.
-He backed off me. His intention was (justifiably so) to get me to explain my scummy hostility and playstyle and account for what I wanted to accomplish with it.

Vorkuta
Goon

Post Post #270  (ISO)  » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:41 pm

In post 262, foodcoats wrote:ID18 has a high density of commitment in their posts

Yeah I call ridiculous on that. Hell- he only has 8 posts. Let me pick through his ISO with a finetooth comb. Here's my interpretation of everything he's said so far.

Post 30- RVS
Post 98- 'Worst is town, vork is scummy, yotta made a wierd newbie play'
Post 103- non committal "IDK anything about JUMBLE, he's neutral"
Post 165- 'vork still scummy, let's vote vork to see what he flips'
Post 172- 'if vork flips green, worst might be scummy, but not too scummy'
Post 209- 'vork and yotta still kinda scummy (sorry was afk for a while)'
Post 213 & 215- 'Ok guys lets talk!'

And 'worst is town, vork is scum' has been the prevailing opinion of town since... Page 2.
Like. Come on guys. Why do I have to be the one to shine a light on this?
And like urist so aptly puts it, how can you defend this?

Vorkuta
Goon

Post Post #271  (ISO)  » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:48 pm

In post 262, foodcoats wrote:@Vorkuta: Do you think that Jumble might be a better example than ID18 of low post, low effort, non-committal reads?

So you're basically asking me if I'm fine with shifting the wagon towards Jumble. Sure- as long as everyone gets their turn in the spotlight.
However: there's 'low effort, non-committal' and there's 'quiet and opportunistic'. Jumble might be an example of the former case, but the latter case ranks slighly higher in my 'how to behave as scum 101' book.

InfernoDragon18
Townie

Post Post #272  (ISO)  » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:58 pm

Alright, I'm going to try and be on a bunch tonight (Im EST, so it is 6:30-ish for me right now) so anyone who wants to talk with me can.

Honestly, not at all surprised that there are multiple lynch votes on me. I haven't been active and that is pretty textbook for a new scum player. Now, this isn't my first game of mafia in a forum setting, its just my first game of Mafia on this site. Just to give you an idea of how scummy my town playstyle is, I've played 6 town games on the other site I play on and have been mislynched 5 times. I see that what I have done so far in this thread - "don't post much and post my observations/reads whenever I come in and then just leave" is pretty much right out of the lazy scum playbook, so I get why some of you might see it that way

However, I do want to draw your attention to everyone's responses to the two lynch votes and the posts after them (which seems like a pretty normal thing to do considering my low post count). Urist made the choice to vote for me, and defended the position they took that some pressure on inactive players (like myself) is probably best for the progress of the game in a way that convinces me that they are town. I think they also made a few good points when analyzing what foodcoats posted after the votes (which I also thought was slightly odd). While I don't necessarily agree with everything that they said, I do think that they way they thought about foodcoats's action came from what I see as a towny mindset.

Foodcoats on the other hand had a very weird response that I really didn't get. While they made good points regarding the content of Vorkuta's posts and their interactions with Urist, some of what they did seems slightly odd for what I previously thought was a town player. I'm not really sure why they chose to defend me. The only person on my wagon who is voting for me because they believe I am scum is Vorkuta, while Urist is just applying pressure. I think their attacks on Urist's "consistency" are also weird considering Urist never said he doesn't believe Vorkuta is scum, just that putting pressure on me is more important at the moment

Given my scum read on them, everything that Vorkuta has posted since the votes doesn't surprise me in the least. All it looks like to me is scum making the mistake of thinking "I got a wagon going on Person X, so I am going to be able to lynch Person X if I go all in on Person X." Vorkuta just seems like they are scrambling to make sure I am the lynch. If you think about it, I'm the perfect target for scum!Vorkuta:
1: I've been pretty inactive and therefore are easy to frame as a newbie whose first time it is playing scum
2: I've posted relatively little relating to people other than Vorkuta up until now so my flip gives the town very little info
3: Vorkuta is my main scum read, so when I flip, they can defend themselves by saying they were just trying to protect themselves against someone who they thought was scum. They could do the same thing targeting TW (which we can all see they tried), but since TW looks much more town than I do, I'm the easier target
In other words, this whole wagon and following interactions just makes me more certain than I was before that Vorkuta is scum

schadd_
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273  (ISO)  » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:19 pm

;
newbie 1905 (day 1) ! simple open and hopefully novel blitz in minitheme signups shortly !

be nice to workers

schadd_
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274  (ISO)  » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:19 pm

;

be nice to workers

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to The Road to Rome