Newbie 1907 - game over!!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:00 pm

Post by PvtUrist »

URAP2, Yyotta, FC, nice to see you folks again. Hopefully I won't be as much of a liability this time around :P
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (isolation #1) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:03 pm

Post by PvtUrist »

VOTE: foodcoats because traditions

@Elements, how do you feel about the colour
green
?

@FC, how do you feel about the colour
red
?

@GuiltyLion (GL), explain what exactly are you guilty of?
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (isolation #2) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:06 pm

Post by PvtUrist »

In post 11, Elements wrote:
In post 6, PvtUrist wrote: Hopefully I won't be as much of a liability this time around :P
I take it you have played before, mind telling me how many times?
First ever game was newbie 1905, second game here. You?

(also where's your avatar? :evil: jk it's just convenient to be able to associate posts with images)
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (isolation #3) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:47 pm

Post by PvtUrist »

It's called RVS (Random Vote Section? Random Voting Spaghetti? something like that) where people do random votes and questions to try to get conversations going.
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (isolation #4) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:53 pm

Post by PvtUrist »

Also votes/wagons applies more pressure than not voting at all. Say a scum has 3 votes on them, they're generally more likely to make a mistake in their responds/posts than if they'd have no votes on them at all.

That being said VOTE: Elements because I like you so far :twisted:
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (isolation #5) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:30 pm

Post by PvtUrist »

@Yyotta nice to see you interacting with us more this time around. How do you currently feel about URAP2 and Scantius (St)?
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (isolation #6) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:34 pm

Post by PvtUrist »

@FC no full drunk tunneling from me anymore (hopefully) but I'll still be keeping an eye on you, diplomat :evil:
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (isolation #7) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:08 pm

Post by PvtUrist »

Been somewhat inactive, so here are my rough reads so far;

{Urist}
{Elements, FC, Doge}
{St, GL, sheep}
{URAP2, Yyotta}

Elements; somewhat feels town from their posts, nothing that really feels scum from their posts yet.

FC; feels genuine, but that could just be me overcompensating from the last game I had with him.

Doge; I like the doge.

St; not sure just yet. potential wifom, but not really alignment indicative.

GL; like his enthusiasm. Whether he's enthusiastic at being town or being scum, I dunno. IC paranoia as usual.

sheep; I like sheep so far, looking forwards to playing with him.

URAP2; the Doge sums it up well in . My current votes are on either you or Yyotta, but it might change if something else draws more of my attention.

Yyotta; for a start, you're a lot more active since the last time we played together, so that's an improvement. I'm having a hard time grasping at your intentions in your posts, so maybe ask us a few questions? My best impression of you is when you asked me that question at the beginning of 1905, so maybe you can find something through that.
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (isolation #8) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:10 pm

Post by PvtUrist »

UNVOTE: Elements because we're out of RVS and I'm not really suspecting anything about him yet. Will place my vote else where if need be.
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (isolation #9) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:46 pm

Post by PvtUrist »

In post 143, Elements wrote: Also sheep, what does the whole [name]{number} thing mean?
number of posts posted by poster
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (isolation #10) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:08 am

Post by PvtUrist »

In post 151, foodcoats wrote: Liking is not an alignment, and we have a decent chunk of posts from both players now. What is your analysis of their posts? Your other reads at least had a modicum of content. Why are you so softly clearing these two?
Liking cute things isn't a crime :evil:

Doge's posts, baring potential wifom/powerwolfing, feels genuinely pro-town.

Sheep's posts don't really have anything that seems off to me yet, otherwise null.

Happy with that response or do I have to get drunk with you again?
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (isolation #11) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:47 pm

Post by PvtUrist »

QUACK
:D
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (isolation #12) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:50 pm

Post by PvtUrist »

Haven't been much active lately due to Christmas/End of Year stuff.

I'm leaning-town on Elements, as the only thing that seem scum to me is and what follows it, of which has been the discussion for the majority of page 7 and 8. I agree with the pressure and is interested in seeing his further responses, but I feel that his mistake/slip can come from either allignments. I'm more cautious of the people who are willing to lynch someone solely based on a single potential scum-slip, but will see how things go.

I'm more suspicious of Scantius personally. He's been "soft cleared" early on and has been flying under the radar, only stopping to post either fluff or defense, and has
not applied a single point of pressure or provoked a single question
beyond .

VOTE: Scantius
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (isolation #13) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:05 pm

Post by PvtUrist »

In post 223, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
In post 222, PvtUrist wrote: I'm leaning-town on Elements, as the only thing that seem scum to me is and what follows it, of which has been the discussion for the majority of page 7 and 8. I agree with the pressure and is interested in seeing his further responses, but I feel that his mistake/slip can come from either allignments. I'm more cautious of the people who are willing to lynch someone solely based on a single potential scum-slip, but will see how things go.
you talk here about why you dont wolfread him; can you explain more why he's leaning town for you?
I'm town-lean on Elements because;
In post 192, GuiltyLion wrote:
Most people are extra cautious/timid when they play scum
, they vet their posts and make an effort to track their trajectory/posts to be sure not to make a slip like this. It's clear regardless his alignment that Elements made a mistake, but is level of mistake is obvious enough that I'm questioning scum!Elements would miss it.

VOTE: Elements
If he's willing to be semi-wreckless and show mistakes, it tells me that they probably don't have much to hide, barring wifom, ofcourse.
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (isolation #14) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:18 pm

Post by PvtUrist »

In post 229, YyottaCat wrote: Elements is doing the exact opposite of what is in the mind of something, which is something a lot of scum players might do, it might be on purpose.
What does this mean? "Purposely doing the exact opposite of what is in my mind?"

I'm more inclined to believe it to be a town-slip than a scum-wifom, I wouldn't think scum!Elements would be the type to try something as blatant as this (though I could be wrong). Likewise my points still stand;

1) I won't hammer solely based on it, and

2) Still am interested to see how he would personally respond.
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (isolation #15) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:40 pm

Post by PvtUrist »

In post 232, GuiltyLion wrote:
maaaan this post basically singlehandedly killed my townread on PvtUrist :neutral: this is pretty much exactly how I'd expect scum to dance around the Elements question before safely parking their vote on an easier target. town points to sheep for calling it out too in
I've stated my reasoning in .

Had Scantius not been town-read for you, would you have written differently? I suppose bring attention to a more lurky/passive player can be precieved as "safetly parking their vote on an easier target" afterall.
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (isolation #16) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:41 pm

Post by PvtUrist »

In post 234, GuiltyLion wrote:also yes, the deadline is going to be around midnight on the 28th-29th, if I'm looking at it correctly. But we should make an effort to rally around at least one lynch and get a claim a couple days prior to that.

please everyone tell us if you're especially going to be limited during the holidays so we can adapt. I'll be around throughout
I'll be around.
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (isolation #17) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:41 pm

Post by PvtUrist »

RIP this game to the holidays.
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (isolation #18) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:41 pm

Post by PvtUrist »

In post 271, GuiltyLion wrote:I'm not sure if it's productive to push it at this point but I'm growing more and more confident that PvtUrist is scum, regardless of Elements' alignment. I think if Elements is town we could be looking at a PvtUrist/Yyotta team. Here's the last time PvtUrist has given reads:

Spoiler: Waffle
In post 138, PvtUrist wrote:Been somewhat inactive, so here are my rough reads so far;

{Urist}
{Elements, FC, Doge}
{St, GL, sheep}
{URAP2, Yyotta}

Elements; somewhat feels town from their posts, nothing that really feels scum from their posts yet.

FC; feels genuine, but that could just be me overcompensating from the last game I had with him.

Doge; I like the doge.

St; not sure just yet. potential wifom, but not really alignment indicative.

GL; like his enthusiasm. Whether he's enthusiastic at being town or being scum, I dunno. IC paranoia as usual.

sheep; I like sheep so far, looking forwards to playing with him.

URAP2; the Doge sums it up well in . My current votes are on either you or Yyotta, but it might change if something else draws more of my attention.

Yyotta; for a start, you're a lot more active since the last time we played together, so that's an improvement. I'm having a hard time grasping at your intentions in your posts, so maybe ask us a few questions? My best impression of you is when you asked me that question at the beginning of 1905, so maybe you can find something through that.

in hindsight I don't really like this readslist all that much, there's a lot of waffle and the reads don't seem genuinely fleshed out. Some players commented on this at the time but I was looking elsewhere, but now that I'm feeling more solidified on my townreads this stands out as pretty blendy and weak.
At that point I didn't have any solid reads and wouldn't want to write things only for the sake of seeming "fleshed out". As the game progresses and more reads becomes available, it's obvious my first read would seem "blendy and weak", seeing as it wasn't intended to be entirely serious in the first place.
In post 271, GuiltyLion wrote:Further - PvtUrist hasn't really acted in congruent with these reads since then. His trajectory doesn't stand out as a town trajectory working to solve the game and push their reads. He had URAP2/Yyotta as his scumreads, but since this post he's asked token questions towards Yyotta and voted... Scantius? Despite the fact that URAP2 has a decent-sized wagon / support for his lynch?

The interactions between PvtUrist and Yyotta look like scum-scum to me as well. PvtUrist scumreading Yyotta but asking really tepid/safe questions towards them, Yyotta hasn't commented on Pvt or engaged with him in any significant fashion at all.
Imagine if I'd called you out for "not acting congruently with your reads" because you initially town-read me (correctly). If your reads can change, so can mine. Not to mention my initial read was half-serious/5 pages ago.

I'm reading Yyotta pretty much solely based on meta. In games where she was active, she was usually mislynched by D2. In the game where she was scum (New 1905), she was much quieter/less responsive. My questions were attempts to get her to engage in the game, been doing this since last game.
I meta read her because;
1) Half the time I've got no idea what she's on about in her actual posts, and
2) She usually ends up as policy lynch by D2 anyway, meaning my time's better spent on other players.
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (isolation #19) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:51 pm

Post by PvtUrist »

I'm really liking GL's play right now, he's got good reasoning and know how to push.

If he's town, easy win for us.

If he's scum and powerwolfing, then I'm not so sure anymore. Without anyone suspecting, all he needs to do is to sit back and watch town drive itself off of a cliff.

IC paranoia as usual I guess.
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (isolation #20) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:55 pm

Post by PvtUrist »

In post 288, Nauci wrote:Errbody unvote me

Am town af
only because you asked nicely (and has a cute avatar)

UNVOTE:
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (isolation #21) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:32 pm

Post by PvtUrist »

In post 298, u r a person 2 wrote:@urist
Since your reads have changed, could you please give your current reads?
Here you go;
{Urist}
{Elements, FC, urap2, GL}
{Yyotta, nauci}
{doge, sheep}

Elements; frequent genuine questions that benefits town. Tried and pressured makes him lean-town for me even more.

FC; semi-active, adequent posts. Though not enough interactions with him by anyone to clear him.

URAP2; contributes well with his questions and posts. No issues here.

GL; enthusiastic town or powerwolf. Could be genuine, but ICs are scary.

Yyotta; meta reads tells me she's more town than scum (more active as town than scum). Bottom lines policy lynch.

nauci; Scantius was more lurk than scum for me. Null-town, too much cuteness for me to trust yet.

sheep; provides questions but mainly his own reads. Somewhat passive.

doge; has been passive, but it could just be the holidays/sickness.
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (isolation #22) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:05 pm

Post by PvtUrist »

Dear Doge, if I'm reading you right, say I was drunk off my ass and tunneling another townie, you'd town-read me for it? If so, you really should've been there for my last game.
In post 323, Donempire wrote:"We found a worthy sacrifice! He was found sitting on a fence, but other than that, he is perfectly fine."
VOTE: PvtUrist
Alright, besides "fence sitting" and we being close to the deadline, what other factors is there to prove me guilty?
In post 318, Donempire wrote:fungus
I don't even.

To be honest, the Doge is (partially) right. I haven't been paying enough attention and have been making half-arsed posts. I didn't want to become overly obsessed and aggressive like last time, but I guess I haven't been playing well this time either.

I can see why the wagon's on me; I'm currently the most "scummy" (I see why) and we need a lynch before the deadline. I'll understand if the D1 lynch's on me, but it wouldn't be correct.

Honestly, I wasn't sure of my reads until now (my reads were either lean-town or null).

Doge's seems fine from a glance. Pushing the biggest suspect before the deadline, adding flare for reasons I don't know. Though the more I've read it, the more it feels like Scum!Doge coming out of lurk to push a easy lynch to earn Town Points than Town!Doge really believing me to be scum. The flare doesn't help either, I'd feel calling someone a fungus feels more like a projection than anything else.

VOTE: DongEmpire

No "fence sitting" from me this time around.
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (isolation #23) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:52 pm

Post by PvtUrist »

Yeah the Doge thing was certainly, unique.

Sorry FC, you deserved a better teammate :P

URAP2 too good at PRs. Will be interested to see how his future scum games go.

Yyotta is still Yyotta. All the pocketing in the world was not enough to stop her lolhammer.

Elements, sheep, GL, fun first game with you folks. Shame that I didn't play as well as I could've though :D

As always, thank you Teh Wurs for being the best duck on this site.
In post 521, Elements wrote:I look forward to bumping into you all in future games :)
I second this
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (isolation #24) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:52 am

Post by PvtUrist »

Also URAP2 was cop back in 1905 with 100% night-check accuracy. His private pt is amazing too.
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (isolation #25) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:53 am

Post by PvtUrist »

Imagine how the game would've gone without Yyotta :think:

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”