Newbie 1925 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
JPD
JPD
Townie
JPD
Townie
Townie

Post Post #29 (isolation #0) » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:40 am

Post by JPD »

VOTE: theASC

I'm slightly offended you think anyone could be so stupid.
I kinda wish someone had hammered though. That'd have to be some sort of record and I, for one, would be happy to be in the mafia hall of fame.
JPD
JPD
Townie
JPD
Townie
Townie

Post Post #31 (isolation #1) » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:44 am

Post by JPD »

I see what you did there ;)
JPD
JPD
Townie
JPD
Townie
Townie

Post Post #33 (isolation #2) » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:07 am

Post by JPD »

In post 22, TheASC wrote:Probably scum if town!Sasha
What's the problem with Sasha getting lynched then? If he flips town then we know who one of the scum is. If not, then we just lynched scum in less than 3 hours. Win, win in my book.
JPD
JPD
Townie
JPD
Townie
Townie

Post Post #36 (isolation #3) » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:21 am

Post by JPD »

In post 22, TheASC wrote:Probably scum if town!Sasha, although I have played with people before that just hammer without thought regardless of alignment. Either way, the information gained from interrogating an early hammerer seems a lot worse than what would naturally be gained over the course of a full 240 hour day.
I don't think you're giving us enough credit and it's probably not a great idea to assume your teammates are idiots without having even spoken to them.
JPD
JPD
Townie
JPD
Townie
Townie

Post Post #38 (isolation #4) » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:33 am

Post by JPD »

In post 11, TheASC wrote: Teacher, any particular reason for going to L-2 within the first hour?
TheASC wrote:UNVOTE: Sashasden
I don't like where this is going. I'm not a fan of how quickly this has built up so I think it's best to drop down to L-2 at least for now. All it takes is one trigger-happy hammer from the players that haven't yet posted and the day gets cut extraordinarily short.
Interesting that you show wariness with lolhammers and L-X votes. In your last (and only other) game you said the same thing repeatedly.
You were scum in that game.
I'm gonna give that game a full read.
JPD
JPD
Townie
JPD
Townie
Townie

Post Post #51 (isolation #5) » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:28 pm

Post by JPD »

In post 47, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 33, JPD wrote:
In post 22, TheASC wrote:Probably scum if town!Sasha
What's the problem with Sasha getting lynched then?
If he flips town then we know who one of the scum is.
If not, then we just lynched scum in less than 3 hours. Win, win in my book.
You've never encountered all-town wagons?
The point was that ASC said the hammerer would be scum if you flip town, therefore he shouldn't have had too much of a problem with you getting lynched. Sure, you get lynched but overall we caught scum.
Obviously, all town wagons happen but that wasn't what we are discussing.
JPD
JPD
Townie
JPD
Townie
Townie

Post Post #62 (isolation #6) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:45 am

Post by JPD »

In post 40, teacher wrote:@board-general experience levels? If not your first game, give me a little self-meta?
I've played 3 games over the last 5 years. 2 town, 1 scum. I can't remember much about them beyond knowing that I lurked pretty hard and when I posted I tended to tunnel pretty hard. Gonna try and improve on both things now.
JPD
JPD
Townie
JPD
Townie
Townie

Post Post #77 (isolation #7) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:54 pm

Post by JPD »

Post 29:

In post 29, JPD wrote:VOTE: theASC

I'm slightly offended you think anyone could be so stupid.
I kinda wish someone had hammered though. That'd have to be some sort of record and I, for one, would be happy to be in the mafia hall of fame.
Sashaddin wrote:
teacher wrote:
In post 71, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 70, teacher wrote:Why JPD scumlean, Sasha?
mostly.
What about 29?
The second line. Not caring about if the lynch was a good one or not is scummy to me. The going for a record part is awful.
1)
I've already established that I didn't think any town would be stupid enough to hammer. The implication is that we'd then know who scum was. I didn't showcase my thoughts on that until later
so I can understand it looking at bit suspect when viewed in isolation.

2)
It's a sarcastic joke meant to highlight the ridiculousness of the idea that someone would hammer so early.

3)
I also felt that the first line was a bit rude/confrontational so I wanted to lighten the mood.
JPD
JPD
Townie
JPD
Townie
Townie

Post Post #79 (isolation #8) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:14 pm

Post by JPD »

In post 69, Sashaddin wrote:Townleans: ASC, Teacher, and Schiavetto a bit
Why are you town reading Teacher?

Of the 7 posts he made before you shared your reads, he had only made 1 constructive post (w/rt to the win condition). -
Not meaning to trash talk @teacher. Don't know how to word it nicely :).

In post 40, teacher wrote:ASC, what do you think of Sasha’s silence after the wagon?

@board-general experience levels? If not your first game, give me a little self-meta?
What is it about this post that makes you town lean on him?
What makes you think he is more town than Shiavetto, who made a post with actual analysis?
In post 39, Schiavetto wrote:Honestly, have to echo the sentiments of T4 and others w/rt the assumption that town would, idk, accidentally trip over, fall into their keyboard, awkwardly landing on the keys "LYNCH SASH" and hammer

Even without browsing previous games, it feels like you're preempting a defensive read there ASC ("Look at me, I'm being cautious of town making a mistake, which makes me town myself!")

There's utility in early-game wagon-building & I'm in no rush to relieve pressure, even if rand. Parking, fam.
JPD
JPD
Townie
JPD
Townie
Townie

Post Post #81 (isolation #9) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:24 pm

Post by JPD »

Could you elaborate on why you liked them? What about my question regarding Schiavetto?
JPD
JPD
Townie
JPD
Townie
Townie

Post Post #85 (isolation #10) » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:00 am

Post by JPD »

Am I just being impatient when I think this is really slow? I don't have any real reference for what I should expect for player activity so maybe I've got wrong expectations.
JPD
JPD
Townie
JPD
Townie
Townie

Post Post #109 (isolation #11) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:28 pm

Post by JPD »

Dipping means to leave or hide.
JPD
JPD
Townie
JPD
Townie
Townie

Post Post #110 (isolation #12) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:30 pm

Post by JPD »

To use it in a sentence, I might say: "ASC dipped when people started questioning his reaction to the L-1 wagon".
JPD
JPD
Townie
JPD
Townie
Townie

Post Post #112 (isolation #13) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:45 pm

Post by JPD »

I think Schiavetto's point is that you answered TTTT's question and then left for 5 hours. He thinks you should have stayed around and made another post to contribute beyond that. I kind of agree. Just being reactive makes it harder to read you, for me at least, and can slow the game down.
JPD
JPD
Townie
JPD
Townie
Townie

Post Post #114 (isolation #14) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:07 pm

Post by JPD »

In post 54, Arithmancer wrote:I've played forum mafia before this, but it honestly wasn't that good of a primer for this site - it was a lot more casual (in skill and tone).

I probably don't talk as much as I should, regardless of role. I'm the self-conscious type, so I'm a bit too worried about saying something dumb and not realizing it, especially with my lack of good experience. Hoping to use this game to improve in a serious format.

When it comes to the real game, I am a little bit freaked out by going to L-1 based on (as far as I can tell) very little, even for the sake of pressure. It seems like enabling an unnecessarily volatile situation. Not to say that someone would randomly hammer, but it doesn't make much sense to create the possibility in my opinion.
Yes and no. I'm not a fan of the worry he expresses about how his posts appear, but I don't have a problem with the L-1 part.
JPD
JPD
Townie
JPD
Townie
Townie

Post Post #116 (isolation #15) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:15 pm

Post by JPD »

@Zeebu,
what do you think of TTTT right now?
JPD
JPD
Townie
JPD
Townie
Townie

Post Post #147 (isolation #16) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:01 am

Post by JPD »

VOTE: Sahsa

You say you don't like the Zeebu wagon and vote for Zest instead (), still aren't comfortable with it but switch your vote to him for L-1 () and then say you are wary of people on the wagon ().

The logic doesn't seem consistent.
JPD
JPD
Townie
JPD
Townie
Townie

Post Post #148 (isolation #17) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:09 am

Post by JPD »

In post 136, teacher wrote:Who else have you metadived?
ASC, Sasha, TTTT.
ASC for his wariness of L-1. Sasha for and TTTT for delaying and he just feels off I guess.

The dives were useful and I'm going to be looking for some things in their posts. Nothing damning of any of them though.
JPD
JPD
Townie
JPD
Townie
Townie

Post Post #149 (isolation #18) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:19 am

Post by JPD »

I disagree with Teacher's read of Zeebu. When asked for his read he could have easily fingered some of the more obvious candidates and I don't think anyone would have questioned it all that much. Picking someone outside of that feels like he's actually trying to think critically and put some effort in to find scum.

Same thing goes for his T4 read/vote. He thought logically and did something that made him stand out. I feel like scum, especially newb!scum like Zeebu would be, wouldn't want to do that.
JPD
JPD
Townie
JPD
Townie
Townie

Post Post #156 (isolation #19) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:14 am

Post by JPD »

Me, ASC, Zest.

Not obvious in terms of being obvious scum, but we had all be pointed at by other people in the thread. Me by Sasha, ASC by me and Shiav, Zest by TTTT.
It's entirely possible my understanding of how newb!scum would play is flawed since I'm a newb myself but I feel like they would want to fit in/go with the flow.
JPD
JPD
Townie
JPD
Townie
Townie

Post Post #158 (isolation #20) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:19 am

Post by JPD »

Thinking about it now, we can eliminate ASC from that list. He echoed ASC's sentiments over the early wagon so it wouldn't have made much sense for him to then call him scum for it.
He couldn't really have parroted Sasha since he had changed his read on me by then and there wasn't really anything about Zest to parrot.

I don't think my posts was that great now. It's clear I didn't properly think it through when I made it.
JPD
JPD
Townie
JPD
Townie
Townie

Post Post #247 (isolation #21) » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:02 pm

Post by JPD »

Aight, some real life stuff overran and I only just got home. Gonna spend an hour on here before I head to bed. I'll try to make my way through all that's been posted since I've been gone.

I'll answer Shiavetto's question first.
In post 189, Schiavetto wrote: If you had to build a counterwagon against zeebu, on a player other than the one you're currently lynching, who would it be? Please provide two details to support your thinking, and remember to explain your reasoning.
My read on Sasha isn't a particularly strong one, certainly not something I'd consider lynching him over at the moment but that could change.

1)
Sasha hasn't done any active scum hunting. Of his 38 posts he has asked only two questions ( and ) neither of which I would consider helpful for scumhunting. His other posts have reiterated something someone else has already said (, , , , and ).

2)
He said in post that he thought the scum was in the pool of lurkers. This feels like an excuse to not bother scumhunting, especially given he hadn't even made an attempt to pressure the active players before declaring this.

3)
His logic for jumping on the Zeebu bandwagon is inconsistent. When I pressured him on it he mentioned as special 'something' that he can't talk about. I'm not a fan of this. It derails discussion as suddenly we can't ask him (or anyone else who talks about the 'something') any questions about something they've done which was kind of suspect. He jumped on the bandwagon due to post which he described as "strong" but wasn't in my opnion. This 'something' better be bloody good for him to suddenly change his mind. Evidence

4)
He is very reluctant to share any information. He posted his reads list and Teacher and I both had to prod to twice to get him to share his reasoning ( and , and ). Even then his reasoning was either week, or still not revealed fully. It feels like he posted his reads and had to come up with reasons after the fact. This 'something' is another example of that.

Some of this is a bit of a stretch, or could just be interpeted differently but I think Sasha would be my best candidate for a lynch right now (if I wanted to lynch someone right now, which I don't). Possibly TTTT as an alternative but I don't have reasons for that beyond his play seeming off when compared to my metadive. I'll look into that a bit more and see if I can put the feeling in to words.
JPD
JPD
Townie
JPD
Townie
Townie

Post Post #248 (isolation #22) » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:05 pm

Post by JPD »

Also, in Sasha's most recent posts he mentions this 'something' not happening/not being what he thought it was. Could it have just been a deflection of suspicion over him jumping on the bandwagon? If this 'something' doesn't do whatever he thought it would, I'm going to want my question answered. I'll want to know what the something was, what he thought it could do for us and why it was worth jumping on a wagon he didn't agree with.
JPD
JPD
Townie
JPD
Townie
Townie

Post Post #249 (isolation #23) » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:07 pm

Post by JPD »

In post 164, TTTT wrote:zeebu
vote Zest with me
you won't regret it
Don't like this. If you want anyone to vote for Zest (or Clarity now) you should give a reason. So, why should anyone vote for Clarity now and what reasons did you have to consider Zest scum at the time?
JPD
JPD
Townie
JPD
Townie
Townie

Post Post #250 (isolation #24) » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:12 pm

Post by JPD »

Just realised that I didn't answer Schiavetto's question lmao. Any player that I'm not voting? So not Sasha?

Aight, gimme a bit. Gonna try to put into words why I'm not liking T4.
JPD
JPD
Townie
JPD
Townie
Townie

Post Post #251 (isolation #25) » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:16 pm

Post by JPD »

In post 249, JPD wrote:
In post 164, TTTT wrote:zeebu
vote Zest with me
you won't regret it
Don't like this. If you want anyone to vote for Zest (or Clarity now) you should give a reason. So, why should anyone vote for Clarity now and what reasons did you have to consider Zest scum at the time?
Scratch that. Clarity replaced Arithmancer. Guess these mistakes teach me for posting at 2 am after a long day.
JPD
JPD
Townie
JPD
Townie
Townie

Post Post #252 (isolation #26) » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:20 pm

Post by JPD »

In post 197, ClearlyClarity wrote:To those who said town couldn't possibly be idiotic enough to lolhammer: you deeply underestimate the stupidity of newbs who go into the thread, don't read the vote count properly, and proceed to cause a hammer earlier than intended and make half the game scumread the hell out of you. (Case in point: me in Newbie 1923.)
The difference here is that L-2 and L-1 had been very clearly called and that we were still on the first page. Even without the warnings, it would have been easy to count the votes. For you the votes were over multiple pages and there hadn't been a vote count in a while. Also, you didn't hammer, you simply called L-2 rather than L-1.

Different situations but it doesn't matter. We're beating a dead horse at this point.
JPD
JPD
Townie
JPD
Townie
Townie

Post Post #253 (isolation #27) » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:27 pm

Post by JPD »

In post 203, ClearlyClarity wrote:Quick reads list:

Town:
teacher, Sashaddin
Could you give me a quick overview of why you consider Sash town? I've got a history of tunneling hard so I just want a fresh set of eyes to highlight anything I may be subconsciously ignoring/misconstruing. You're late to the thread so you've got the freshest eyes of anyone :)
JPD
JPD
Townie
JPD
Townie
Townie

Post Post #301 (isolation #28) » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:43 am

Post by JPD »

UK, GMT +1, 9pm onwards, PC.
In post 203, ClearlyClarity wrote:Scumlean:
zeebu

Scum:
TTTT
@Clarity
, You posted an entire wall about Zeebu () as well as multiple other posts and said you wouldn't mind hammering later in the day but you don't have him as your strongest scumread. You haven't posted anything about TTTT so I'm a bit confused as to why he's your strongest scumread.

In addition to sharing why you see Sash as town could also share your reasons for TTTT being scum?
JPD
JPD
Townie
JPD
Townie
Townie

Post Post #377 (isolation #29) » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:54 am

Post by JPD »

TTTT
, you still haven't answered my question about why you were scum reading Zest. Was it just due to inactivity? If so why did you push so hard to get others to vote him and surely there were other active players you were scumreading too?
In post 302, TTTT wrote:if you reverse image search zeebu's avi on Google it shows it's from some arts education site in Boston
Does it? I've reverse searched and I'm not getting the same results. Could you share your search url with me?
JPD
JPD
Townie
JPD
Townie
Townie

Post Post #378 (isolation #30) » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:14 am

Post by JPD »

In post 337, TheASC wrote:Teacher, zeebu and JPD are my strongest trs currently.
In post 376, TheASC wrote:zeebu, Schia, teacher
-----
TTTT, JPD, Sasha
-----
Clarity, wilky
I find it interesting that you had me as one of your top TRs and now I'm null (with only 1 post inbetween and less than a full day) without you having asked me any questions or said anything about my posts. That's not entirely true actually, you have mentioned my posts but only to say you agree with them (post ).

Is it due to my inactivity over the last couple of days? Or is it Wilky calling me his top SR?

I can understand the Wilky thing kind of as your top SR calling me scum could be seen as distancing? idk. Just trying to call out inconsistencies.
JPD
JPD
Townie
JPD
Townie
Townie

Post Post #382 (isolation #31) » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:29 am

Post by JPD »

In post 358, Schiavetto wrote:See, this is the sort of thing that could've been one post, easily, but spreading it out across multiple comments creates the illusion of activity
I went through Sashas ISO and saw something similar. I counted all his consecutive posts as an individual post and saw his post count reduced from 55 to 27 (51% reduction).
I did the same thing with my ISO and saw the same thing. I went from 30 posts to 20 (33% reduction).
I'm not inclined to see it as something alignment indicative since I've done the same thing and Sahsa's comments about his playstyle can account for his increased reduction.
I haven't done TTTT as I'm going out in 10 minutes and don't have time. Maybe I'll do him when I get back but I don't think anything useful will be revealed.

I do wonder if taking the word count of each post would be me useful. I doubt it, but I'll give it a go.
JPD
JPD
Townie
JPD
Townie
Townie

Post Post #386 (isolation #32) » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:56 am

Post by JPD »

To explain the activity, it's my birthday and I'm celebrating with my sister before she heads off to Malta for a year.
JPD
JPD
Townie
JPD
Townie
Townie

Post Post #390 (isolation #33) » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:52 am

Post by JPD »

Also the time between posts. While some of yours err consecutive because they were only a minute apart others were hours apart but still consecutive due to inactivity in the thread.

As mentioned, I don't think these can be used in an AI way.
JPD
JPD
Townie
JPD
Townie
Townie

Post Post #410 (isolation #34) » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:13 pm

Post by JPD »

In post 408, Sashaddin wrote:JPD, you've been on me alll the game Are you still comfortable with this? Who would be your vote if you change?.
Going rock climbing today so won't be very active. I've got 2 hours in the car there and 2 hours back so I'll try to post a bit. I'm on mobile though so it won't be very fast.

Regarding Sasha's post, yeah, I'm pretty cool with lynching you still. Even after I used 'not scumhunting' as a point against you I still don't think you've done any.

If I had to vote for someone other than you, it'd have to be wilky or clarity. I'm against lynching lurkers D1 but it seems like they're the compromise lynch today.

Going to properly read the thread again. I'll post again in a bit.
JPD
JPD
Townie
JPD
Townie
Townie

Post Post #411 (isolation #35) » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:21 pm

Post by JPD »

Gonna post a reads list now actually. I'll post another the one at the end of the re-read to see what changes.

Teacher, Schiavetto, Zeebu
-------------------
ASC, TTTT
-------------------
Sasha, Wilky, Clarity

Feel free to question me over these. Actually, please do. I don't think anyones properly questioned me which is a bit odd.
JPD
JPD
Townie
JPD
Townie
Townie

Post Post #503 (isolation #36) » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:16 pm

Post by JPD »

Manifesting now.
I'm on mobile so I'm probably not going to be using quotes.

I'll start by saying that TTTT has.mobed in my reads to town. My main reason for considering him null/scum was his play feeling off compared to his meta but that's not a strong enough reason to ignore the contents of his recent posts which I felt were very town.

I dislike ASC's entry today. It's not exactly alignment indicative but I don't like hlike him saying how sad it was teacher died. Felt a bit virtue signally. Just a gut thing.

I still think Sash is scum. I don't think he gave a good enough answer to the 'something' situation and I don't like their inconsistent Zeebu vote. Goes from 'zeebu killed teacher' to 'if I squint he may be innocent'. It also doesn't line up with his Day1 play where he was convinced by teacher that Zeebu was scum. Surely he'd be even kor confident about it now that teacher has flipped?

Also not sure about their reads list. In

I'll start by saying that TTTT has moved into my list of TR's. He spearheaded the push on Clarity and rereading his ISO there were parts I'm not happy with but also a lot that I liked. My main reason for my null/scum read was that his play felt a bit different to his meta, but I don't think that's a strong enough reason to igncontents of his posts.
JPD
JPD
Townie
JPD
Townie
Townie

Post Post #504 (isolation #37) » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:17 pm

Post by JPD »

Sorry, shitty formatting. Fuck mobiles.
JPD
JPD
Townie
JPD
Townie
Townie

Post Post #505 (isolation #38) » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:21 pm

Post by JPD »

Would like to mention that I'm not a fan of Sasha's townreads either. Says that TTTT and I are his top reads in post 479. Then says ASC and TTTT are his top reads in 482 only 20 minutes later with no explanation.

I'd like some reasoning for why he has ASC as his top town read.
JPD
JPD
Townie
JPD
Townie
Townie

Post Post #514 (isolation #39) » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:28 pm

Post by JPD »

VOTE: Sasha

Forgot to vote yesterday. Will post more in a bit during my breaks at work.
JPD
JPD
Townie
JPD
Townie
Townie

Post Post #515 (isolation #40) » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:15 am

Post by JPD »

Sasha, you said you post after Wilky and I posted. Wilky doesn't look like he's coming back so maybe you could vote now? Half the day is gone and we need to progress.
JPD
JPD
Townie
JPD
Townie
Townie

Post Post #516 (isolation #41) » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:43 am

Post by JPD »

In post 506, Sashaddin wrote:I read stuff that changed my mind.
Could you share what that stuff was?
In post 501, Sashaddin wrote:I can like a couple of his posts if I convince myself he's town.
What posts?

I've called you out multiple times for not posting any sort of reasoning or explanations about posts and you still continue to do so. You say something like "I don't like the tone of that" but you don't say why. Nobody questions you about it so you get away with looking like you are analysing or scumhunting without having to do any work. I've said before that I feel like you say things and then only come up with reasons for doing so afterwards.

From your town-meta, I expected to see something a bit different.
JPD
JPD
Townie
JPD
Townie
Townie

Post Post #517 (isolation #42) » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:25 am

Post by JPD »

I've quoted all the posts below if you don't want to click on them an open them in a new tab.

- Cool. No problems with this.

- This is a bit weird. Very quick turn around to voting Zeebu with the reasoning being a sheeped post which wasn't very strong in my opinion. Votes even though they aren't comfortable.

- Is now wary of the people on the wagon. Later claims this person is Zest and that they were looking to see their reaction to the wagon building. I think this 'something' scenario was BS to explain away their bad play.

- Believes Zeebu is 50% scum. Those are great odds, especially on Day 1. Picking at random, you have a 25% chance of hitting scum. Odds better than that means your scum read is pretty strong. I'd happily lynch someone if I thought there was a 50% chance of them flipping scum.

- Unvotes from the wagon despite having a strong scum read on Zeebu. Acts like they aren't scum reading Zeebu and that their only reason for voting was to see Zest's reaction. Hasn't actually given any reasons for voting Zeebu or having such a strong read on them. Has only sheeped teacher and just because you say it is sheeping, doesn't make it cool. I think their reasoning for unvoting is that they were questioned over their votes and they backed down to avoid any sort of conflict. Seems like they had forgot they had "legitimate" reasons to vote Zeebu.

- Suddenly votes for Zeebu again. Okay? Why did you unvote then?

Sasha's thoughts are inconsistent. They switch between not voting and voting Zeebu. The votes don't align with his thoughts and his thoughts dont align with each other.

If I were to look at anyone else in this thread, I'd find a consistent train of thought and their votes would align with what they have said. Looking at Sasha's previous games I see much more consistent thoughts and votes. Also looking at previous games I see a greater willingness to defend thoughts, reads and themselves. I've not seen it to the degree I expected this game.

Spoiler: Sasha's Day 1 Zeebu Inconsistencies
In post 124, Sashaddin wrote:I don't llike this Zeebu wagon.

VOTE: ZestOfLife
In post 138, Sashaddin wrote:129 above was one solid post. Allow me to sheep it. I'm still not 100% comfortable with the wagon though...
VOTE: Zeebu
L-1
In post 145, Sashaddin wrote: I'm growing wary of one of the people on the wagon. It might not be 100% town. I know an all-town rarely happens anyways... but ...
I might have some free time at work to check this out further, I will have a clearer head than yesterday evening.
In post 216, Sashaddin wrote: TTTT scum only: 10%
Zeebu scum only: 50%
Both town: 20%

I can see a scenario where TTTT would be your mate, but I'm pretty sure he isn't scum if you're not. Other will have different anwers I guess,
In post 259, Sashaddin wrote:I thought that after my L-1 vote, a certain player would quickly unvote. A hammer would have been useful too I guess, but I was looking for the jump off.
Right now that wagon has been static at this state for about two days, I'll unvote myself. Time is short and we must agree on a wagon, Zeebu can still wait later.
UNVOTE: Zeebu
In post 339, Sashaddin wrote:I think Zeebu's would be a good counter-wagon to mine.
VOTE: Zeebu
I still doubt the guy.

The inconsistencies continue into day 2.

There's small one's like him saying TTTT and I are his top town reads then saying TTTT and ASC are his top townreads 20 minutes later. Says he read stuff to change his mind, but I don't believe it happening in that time frame. In the first 14 minutes he made two other posts about different people. That leaves 6 minutes to read ASC's ISo and re evaluate his town reads.

There's the issue with him "misremembering" a post of TTTT's to justify his thought process for Zeebu killing teacher. Turns out this post didn't exist.

Switches between thinking Zeebu killed teacher to Zeebu being town. Doesn't give reasoning beyond "I thought differently."

I can't see one post from Sasha where he explained his reaosning without prompting. He just says "I don't like this" and people either don't question it and he gets away with the illusion of scumhunting or people doe and he scrambles to fabricate reasons. Everything I read from Sahsa just makes it seem like he is scum. I feel like he is faking his scum reading and faking his reasoning and inconsistencies are coming from this.

I'm 80% sure Sasha would flip scum. Only reason it's not 100% is that I have a tendency to tunnel and I could see that playing a part here. I have been voting Sasha for 400 posts now. I'm going to take a break from Sasha and look at others. If Sasha did flip town, my world would crumble and I'd feel awful for throwing so much shade at him for the entire game.

Sorry for formatting if it's awful. I write on a 4k monitor so I have to guess how long paragraphs should be. For me 4 or 5 sentences will fit on one line. Makes it difficult.
JPD
JPD
Townie
JPD
Townie
Townie

Post Post #518 (isolation #43) » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:29 am

Post by JPD »

Last thing on Sasha, outside of RVS and their first vote of today, they have never been the first person to vote for somebody. Maybe this supports my theory of them faking reasoning. It's easier to fake reasoning when you can just copy someone elses. IDK though as I could be reading too much in to it.
JPD
JPD
Townie
JPD
Townie
Townie

Post Post #550 (isolation #44) » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:02 am

Post by JPD »

Is it possible that we can confirm Wilky/MJL as town? Wilky was absent for 72 hours before the end of the Day1 and absent for the start of Day2. If Wilky was scum a night kill wouldn't have happened. I guess he could have come back to the game just to kill someone but I find it unlikely.
JPD
JPD
Townie
JPD
Townie
Townie

Post Post #591 (isolation #45) » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:17 am

Post by JPD »

In post 581, MaryJoLisa wrote:
In post 247, JPD wrote: My read on Sasha isn't a particularly strong one, certainly not something I'd consider lynching him over at the moment but that could change.

1)
Sasha hasn't done any active scum hunting. Of his 38 posts he has asked only two questions ( and ) neither of which I would consider helpful for scumhunting. His other posts have reiterated something someone else has already said (, , , , and ).

2)
He said in post that he thought the scum was in the pool of lurkers. This feels like an excuse to not bother scumhunting, especially given he hadn't even made an attempt to pressure the active players before declaring this.

3)
His logic for jumping on the Zeebu bandwagon is inconsistent. When I pressured him on it he mentioned as special 'something' that he can't talk about. I'm not a fan of this. It derails discussion as suddenly we can't ask him (or anyone else who talks about the 'something') any questions about something they've done which was kind of suspect. He jumped on the bandwagon due to post which he described as "strong" but wasn't in my opinion. This 'something' better be bloody good for him to suddenly change his mind. Evidence

4)
He is very reluctant to share any information. He posted his reads list and Teacher and I both had to prod to twice to get him to share his reasoning ( and , and ). Even then his reasoning was either week, or still not revealed fully. It feels like he posted his reads and had to come up with reasons after the fact. This 'something' is another example of that.
Some of this is a bit of a stretch, or could just be interpeted differently but I think Sasha would be my best candidate for a lynch right now (if I wanted to lynch someone right now, which I don't). Possibly TTTT as an alternative but I don't have reasons for that beyond his play seeming off when compared to my metadive. I'll look into that a bit more and see if I can put the feeling in to words.
Sasha was not so much on my mind, but I'm absolutely stuck on this post. I’ve been starting at it for *hours* and the amount of homework I’d have to do to check all those little posts has shut my brain down. @JPD if you’re still SRing Sasha in D2, can you break this down in more digestible chunks? (says the person who posts a review *this* long)[/spoiler]
I thought I had broken it into digestible chunks (4 to be precise). I'll do my best to simplify it further, I can admit that the formatting wasn't great.

Point 1 is that Sasha hadn't done any active scum hunting at that point. Most of his posts were irrelevant imo. He asked two questions (which weren't helpful) and just parroted others. Some of the posts I listed were a stretch but that was mostly deliberate. I wanted to see him defend himself but he didn't and I found that to be at odds with his town meta.

Point 2 is that he said "I suspect scum are in the lurker pool" without having made any effort to question people or progress the game. It felt (feels) like an excuse to not do any scumhunting.

Point 3 is the inconsistent thought process for jumping on the Zeebu bandwagon. I explain this a bit better in a recent post ()

Point 4 is the reluctance to share reasoning/analysis/information. Again, I explain this better in . Long story short, I feel like he makes his reasons up after the fact.
In post 581, MaryJoLisa wrote:I'm the kind of person who hammers accidentally. And also on purpose. But JPD wanting a hammer is unsettling. Sounds like they don’t care which greenie they take out as long as they take out a greenie.
Sasha didn't like this in the early game. I think I answered to his satisfaction in post .
In post 195, ClearlyClarity wrote:My only completed game was my first mafia game ever, so that should indicate how much experience I have with this game. :lol: Because of my inexperience I haven't fully developed my meta yet, but I know that I'm far lurkier than I should be. (For what it's worth, that completed game was a win for me :D )
That was a win for us! For those who don’t know the game, Clarity and I messed up the vote count and our errors led to lynching scum accidentally. :D
In post 199, ClearlyClarity wrote:
In post 156, JPD wrote:Me, ASC, Zest.
Not obvious in terms of being obvious scum, but we had all be pointed at by other people in the thread. Me by Sasha, ASC by me and Shiav, Zest by TTTT.
It's entirely possible my understanding of how newb!scum would play is flawed since I'm a newb myself but I feel like they would want to fit in/go with the flow.
This post is super town tbh
Now I’m suspicious of JPD. This is why I didn’t want the spoilers.
When Clarity posted their reads they placed Sasha as town and me as only a townlean. This seemed inconsistent as they had said a post of mine was "super town" and hadn't mentioned Sasha once. I asked Clarity about this with the intention to follow up but they never responded. Teacher reiterated my question twice ( and ) but they ignored it.

If anything, I'd say that Clarity calling Sasha with no reasoning is more suspicious than calling me a town lean with reasoning.
In post 253, JPD wrote:
In post 203, ClearlyClarity wrote:Quick reads list:
Town:
teacher, Sashaddin
Could you give me a quick overview of why you consider Sash town? I've got a history of tunnelling hard so I just want a fresh set of eyes to highlight anything I may be subconsciously ignoring/misconstruing. You're late to the thread so you've got the freshest eyes of anyone :)
Yeah, that’s unsettling. Taking note of that one.
This is the question I asked and that Teacher reiterated.

Firstly, I do have a history of tunnelling. I've mentioned it multiple times and in my most recent game (which was like 3 years ago) I tunnelled so hard on the Town Doctor that they self hammered and the game had to be restarted. It's fair to say I am conscious of tunnelling.

Secondly, I wanted them to post their reasons for having Sasha as a top TR and then follow up with the inconsistency thing.

Aight. I'm done responding to the things regarding me. I'll post some other stuff in a bit.
JPD
JPD
Townie
JPD
Townie
Townie

Post Post #592 (isolation #46) » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:19 am

Post by JPD »

In post 552, Schiavetto wrote:@JPD I don't like the idea of confing anyone based on sub rotations
I understand that. I thought I'd had a genius moment but TTTT dashed those hopes. Even without evidence of Wilky being active at the night I can see why it would still be a bad idea.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”