Newbie 1931: Philip K Dick Game Over

NotMySpamAccount
Goon

Pronoun: He

Post Post #575  (ISO)  » Wed May 15, 2019 11:26 am

teacher wrote:I thought I was, but their positioning in all readslist s is pretty antiscum. I don’t like their thread absence, the lack of voting, and the totally null reads. But the only slot I could even remotely see as a partner is Clarity, and think that’s a more profitable wagon with more consensus behind it.

I like this. If we can get support behind it, I'd be willing to lynch Clarity. I'm unsure, but I think exactly one of CC and nav is scum.
Show

NotMySpamAccount
Goon

Post Post #576  (ISO)  » Wed May 15, 2019 11:27 am

In post 573, TTTT wrote:let's start with this:
is anybody else willing to lynch lavender?

not really. I'm pretty sure we have better options.
Show

TTTT
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577  (ISO)  » Wed May 15, 2019 11:39 am

I'd prefer this to either CC or Nav
VOTE: lavender

TTTT
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578  (ISO)  » Wed May 15, 2019 11:42 am

In post 574, teacher wrote:I thought I was, but their positioning in all readslist s is pretty antiscum.

I'm interested in your methodology
but since I don't know what it is this isn't real helpful to me

TTTT
Mafia Scum

Post Post #579  (ISO)  » Wed May 15, 2019 11:42 am

I'm guessing it's null=scum and strong TR or strong SR = town

teacher
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580  (ISO)  » Wed May 15, 2019 12:12 pm

I don’t mind that level of it. No. Because 75% of the bird is town, and they are sharing their real reads. It’s obly scum that tend to hid their partners is the null range. So null>scum>townlean>town is a rough sense and vague enough not to give away the cake.

teacher
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581  (ISO)  » Wed May 15, 2019 12:13 pm

VOTE: clarity

thenavneet
Goon

Post Post #582  (ISO)  » Wed May 15, 2019 12:22 pm

I don't know how much time I will be around today during the morning-afternoon but I would really like to lynch within the pool of NMSA, Spangled, Lavender. Gonna give brief reasons for not lynching the rest.

teacher - he's the defacto Town leader who is driving the discussion in the thread
urap2 - I read Robb as town and urap2 has put in significant effort to scumhunt as well
CC - Admittedly my TR of CC is not as strong as it has been in the past. But I am still willing to giver her the benefit of the doubt atm and I think scum!CC will be easier to spot as more time goes on.
Godmid - I get genuine newbtown vibes from their posts. Their curiosity and questions do not come across forced to me at all.
TTTT - It's hard not to SR the Agador slot. At the same time it's hard not to TR TTTT lol. TTTT is definitely the biggest question mark here and I'm most open to this slot being scum outside of my lynchpool of the day. TTTT could also pretty conceivably be partners with either of NMSA or Spangled. Least likey with Lav I'd say based on his latest vote.

I do agree with teacher here that in this gamestate I think scum bussing is less likely than trying to just get a Town mislynched due to the rushed nature of this lynch

I also disagree that a VT claim by NMSA makes him more towny. It also seems fairly clear that NMSA-Spangled are not the scum team so imo lynching within the 2 of them gives us a lot of info because if we happen to nail the scum there the other is pretty clearly not scum. And I think that the chances of hitting scum in NMSA-Spangled are the highest at the moment.
Fate is a flip of a coin

ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum

Pronoun: She

Post Post #583  (ISO)  » Wed May 15, 2019 1:44 pm

In post 575, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
teacher wrote:I thought I was, but their positioning in all readslist s is pretty antiscum. I don’t like their thread absence, the lack of voting, and the totally null reads. But the only slot I could even remotely see as a partner is Clarity, and think that’s a more profitable wagon with more consensus behind it.

I like this. If we can get support behind it, I'd be willing to lynch Clarity. I'm unsure, but I think exactly one of CC and nav is scum.

VOTE: Lavender is my choice for the consensus lynch today.
Call me whatever you want...

ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584  (ISO)  » Wed May 15, 2019 1:45 pm

Didn’t mean to quote that :lol:

thenavneet
Goon

Post Post #585  (ISO)  » Wed May 15, 2019 1:50 pm

Man we're all over the place
Fate is a flip of a coin

ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586  (ISO)  » Wed May 15, 2019 1:50 pm

I think both Nav and I are town actually, NMSA!

ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587  (ISO)  » Wed May 15, 2019 1:58 pm

The tone of my posts align admittedly more with that of my scumgames and if scum!Nav really wanted to pocket me I doubt he’d have mentioned that I was a bit less of a townread than usual. The gamestate has been stagnant and I vibe town more as a follower than as one of the leaders of discussion. I’d prefer not to be the lynch today because I feel I’d be more genuine in my contributions after a flip than the sort of leg-pully posts I’ve been trying to do earlier.

ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588  (ISO)  » Wed May 15, 2019 2:01 pm

Current wagons: Lavender, NMSA, Nav, Clarity, Spangled. That’s half the game. I’d take away the middle three and choose between the remaining two.

ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589  (ISO)  » Wed May 15, 2019 2:03 pm

In post 574, teacher wrote:I thought I was, but their positioning in all readslist s is pretty antiscum. I don’t like their thread absence, the lack of voting, and the totally null reads. But the only slot I could even remotely see as a partner is Clarity, and think that’s a more profitable wagon with more consensus behind it.

Why would I be the most likely partner of scum!Lavender?

teacher
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590  (ISO)  » Wed May 15, 2019 3:43 pm

In post 589, ClearlyClarity wrote:
In post 574, teacher wrote:I thought I was, but their positioning in all readslist s is pretty antiscum. I don’t like their thread absence, the lack of voting, and the totally null reads. But the only slot I could even remotely see as a partner is Clarity, and think that’s a more profitable wagon with more consensus behind it.

I’m not going to walk through seven slots. Pick your favorite other one and I can explain my reasoning.

ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591  (ISO)  » Wed May 15, 2019 3:57 pm

In post 590, teacher wrote:
In post 589, ClearlyClarity wrote:

I’m not going to walk through seven slots. Pick your favorite other one and I can explain my reasoning.

I'm only asking you to walk through my slot. If it's by PoE then say so.

thenavneet
Goon

Post Post #592  (ISO)  » Wed May 15, 2019 4:11 pm

@teacher, your biggest reason not to lynch Spangled was lack of counter train yes? I can agree with that line of thinking in the current gamestate. But you haven't touched upon why lynching NMSA is a bad idea. Well aside from the VT claim but surely in the current gamestate, NMSA is the least risky lynch available? Possibility of lynching scum + loss of a VT who is lurky. Seems like a no-brainer to me.
Fate is a flip of a coin

thenavneet
Goon

Post Post #593  (ISO)  » Wed May 15, 2019 4:19 pm

Unofficial vote count building off of the one teacher made:

Lav (2) -- Clarity, TTTT
NMSA (2) -- Nav, Spangled
Spangled (1) -- NMSA
TTTT (1) -- Godmid
Nav (1) -- urap2
Clarity (1) -- teacher
Not Voting (1) -- Lav
Fate is a flip of a coin

Lavender
Goon

Post Post #594  (ISO)  » Wed May 15, 2019 4:35 pm

I haven't voted yet? My bad I thought I did.
If I have to be honest, the voting is all over the place now, and I kind of want to lynch NMSA or Spangled. NMSA since, it might be scum that is lurky and claiming VT to get us off their back or actual VT, and Spangled, because they haven't really claimed even when asked a lot and just their reactions I suppose, though it could be them being new too. For now I will VOTE: NMSA

Spangled
Goon

Post Post #595  (ISO)  » Wed May 15, 2019 4:49 pm

In post 556, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
teacher wrote:
In post 225, Baezu wrote:The day will end in 0 days, 13 hours, 25 minutes

NMSA is at L-1 and should claim.

Can someone who is not currently voting NMSA give their latest time they can commit to voting?

Reiterating the extension request given that there hasn’t been a VC in 300 posts and four days.

Yay, L-1 for lurking. I'm a VT. I tr teacher as well, and I'm willing to do my best to obvtown in the next 12 hrs or however long we have to convince him and bring consensus back to spangled. He jumped on my wagon too quickly for my liking, it looks like his sole motivation was to get the wagon off of himself.

I second the extemsion request.

At the moment, NMSA, you’re my top scumpick - I said that, even when I voted TTTT.

I jumped off that wagon, and on to yours, for reasons that thus become obvious.

ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596  (ISO)  » Wed May 15, 2019 5:29 pm

Isn’t there a backup mod that can get the VCs and deadline back on track?

teacher
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597  (ISO)  » Wed May 15, 2019 5:31 pm

Only required for first time newby mods.

NotMySpamAccount
Goon

Post Post #598  (ISO)  » Wed May 15, 2019 5:45 pm

thenavneet wrote:@teacher, your biggest reason not to lynch Spangled was lack of counter train yes? I can agree with that line of thinking in the current gamestate. But you haven't touched upon why lynching NMSA is a bad idea. Well aside from the VT claim but surely in the current gamestate, NMSA is the least risky lynch available? Possibility of lynching scum + loss of a VT who is lurky. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Nav, you've never played with me past D2. Check my meta and you'll see that I lurk early, but show up and solve late. Looking at teacher's unofficial vc, I can see we're not lynching spangled today. I'm willing to compromise and lynch Clarity here, who I now think is probably scum due to

ClearlyClarity wrote:I think both Nav and I are town actually, NMSA!

It could be true, but it rings different to me from what she said earlier, and it's really convenient to say as scum. Right now, this is the best option. VOTE: Clarity
Show

thenavneet
Goon

Post Post #599  (ISO)  » Wed May 15, 2019 5:55 pm

I'm not willing to lynch Clarity on D1. I'll compromise and lynch Spangled or Lav if not NMSA
Fate is a flip of a coin

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Completed Newbie Games