Newbie 1931: Philip K Dick Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. It is suggested, but not required, that you play your first game here. Signups Here
u r a person 2
Mafia Scum

Post Post #625  (ISO)  » Wed May 15, 2019 9:02 pm

I mean, I agree with the part about not wanting to force claims. Its why I'd Lynch him. At the same time, I scum read people saying it aloud. What's that about?
103-11 0-2

thenavneet
Goon

Pronoun: He

Post Post #626  (ISO)  » Wed May 15, 2019 9:04 pm

In post 624, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 621, thenavneet wrote:at this point I truly believe is the least risky option we have available even if he flips VT like he says. We can get our act together on D2. I think there's a decent chance he flips scum though.

I scumread all of this just so you know

In post 625, u r a person 2 wrote:I mean, I agree with the part about not wanting to force claims. Its why I'd Lynch him. At the same time, I scum read people saying it aloud. What's that about?

Someone has to say it out loud and I'm ok with that person being me
Fate is a flip of a coin

teacher
Mafia Scum

Post Post #627  (ISO)  » Wed May 15, 2019 9:12 pm

In post 618, u r a person 2 wrote:in a Mexican bar south of Phoenix playing on mobile

For some reason I had in my head that you were a Joisey boy? (Im Longggg Island born and raised).

Lavender
Townie

Post Post #628  (ISO)  » Wed May 15, 2019 9:13 pm

In post 602, teacher wrote:Lav, can you give me an analysis in detail of Navneet? Pick some specific posts to talk about. A couple sentences.

Why havent you asked a single question since

Alright so here’s an analysis of Nav then.

A whole bunch of, I’m going to catch up and needed reminders, this sorta seems like either dodgy scum (because they don’t want to be caught and trying to not get prodded while pretending to be in the game and helping) or bored/lurky town (because they have said that they are lazy as town and was not motivated to do much until TTTT joined)
Spoiler:
In post 149, thenavneet wrote:I'm gonna catch up later tonight. Been a bit busy past couple days.

prod dodge yeet

In post 282, thenavneet wrote:Oh dang we had a replacement. I'm gonna have to catch up now

In post 283, thenavneet wrote:
In post 277, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 149, thenavneet wrote:I'm gonna catch up later tonight. Been a bit busy past couple days.

prod dodge yeet

mix of serious explanation + devil-may-care prodge AND not following through =/

I wanted to catch up I really did.

But then I .... didn't. Sorry mang

In post 284, thenavneet wrote:I haven't read the last 5 pages I think but I'll throw it out there that NMSA is scum who was tryna pocket Robb and will now do the same with urap2

In post 388, thenavneet wrote:Ayyy TTTT is here. Alright this might MIGHT finally motivate me to get into this game

In post 399, thenavneet wrote:
In post 389, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 388, thenavneet wrote:Ayyy TTTT is here. Alright this might MIGHT finally motivate me to get into this game

boy, i wouldn't expect this from scum unless scum with tttt

Thing is, this is the first time I'm Town in a TTTT game. So it's def a little bit of motivation to see his gameplay from this side of things.

Now remind me which slot he replaced into

In post 444, thenavneet wrote:At some point I'm gonna have to read all those pages that Robb filled with his Robbisms aren't I

In post 450, thenavneet wrote:Now we're just going down a rabbit hole

In post 585, thenavneet wrote:Man we're all over the place

Then theses are his reads,
Spoiler:
In post 293, thenavneet wrote:My early read list without reading all of the pages yet.

thenavneet
teacher
urap2
Godmid
________
CC
Lavender
________
Spangled
Agador
NMSA

In post 582, thenavneet wrote:I don't know how much time I will be around today during the morning-afternoon but I would really like to lynch within the pool of NMSA, Spangled, Lavender. Gonna give brief reasons for not lynching the rest.

teacher - he's the defacto Town leader who is driving the discussion in the thread
urap2 - I read Robb as town and urap2 has put in significant effort to scumhunt as well
CC - Admittedly my TR of CC is not as strong as it has been in the past. But I am still willing to giver her the benefit of the doubt atm and I think scum!CC will be easier to spot as more time goes on.
Godmid - I get genuine newbtown vibes from their posts. Their curiosity and questions do not come across forced to me at all.
TTTT - It's hard not to SR the Agador slot. At the same time it's hard not to TR TTTT lol. TTTT is definitely the biggest question mark here and I'm most open to this slot being scum outside of my lynchpool of the day. TTTT could also pretty conceivably be partners with either of NMSA or Spangled. Least likey with Lav I'd say based on his latest vote.

I do agree with teacher here that in this gamestate I think scum bussing is less likely than trying to just get a Town mislynched due to the rushed nature of this lynch

I also disagree that a VT claim by NMSA makes him more towny. It also seems fairly clear that NMSA-Spangled are not the scum team so imo lynching within the 2 of them gives us a lot of info because if we happen to nail the scum there the other is pretty clearly not scum. And I think that the chances of hitting scum in NMSA-Spangled are the highest at the moment.

His reads seem genuine, and have progressed naturally is what I think, his reads on them seem like how someone would go about well solving the game. The rest of his posts are more of a commenty style and some analysis on CC, Robb, NMSA, and some happiness on TTTT joining in. Not sure if they indicate anything though.

Also I haven’t really asked questions later on is mostly because I was stressed about tests. School found out we needed to do more of them and I wasn’t really in the groove for a while, I will ask more questions now that things are over now.

Lavender
Townie

Post Post #629  (ISO)  » Wed May 15, 2019 9:15 pm

This is mine 1-2-3:
1-NMSA
2-Spangled
3-Clarity

teacher
Mafia Scum

Post Post #630  (ISO)  » Wed May 15, 2019 9:17 pm

In post 308, Lavender wrote:Spangled - Seems to be cooperative and is somewhat scum hunting, not much though, slight town-lean, mostly null

What changed?

Lavender
Townie

Post Post #631  (ISO)  » Wed May 15, 2019 9:20 pm

In post 630, teacher wrote:
In post 308, Lavender wrote:Spangled - Seems to be cooperative and is somewhat scum hunting, not much though, slight town-lean, mostly null

What changed?

His reactions to being voted, it seemed kinda flaky, and he disappeared for a time while he was voted on.
I would think Town would instead post a bit more and show their reads and not just kinda disappear.

NotMySpamAccount
Goon

Post Post #632  (ISO)  » Wed May 15, 2019 9:22 pm

In post 600, teacher wrote:
In post 538, teacher wrote:The evolution on my questions, on Godmid, and in spangled is way too flighty. Follows TTTt his scumread slot onto the spangled wagon (his second highest townread) to create momentum. Not much independent advancing. Is scum or nulled by most of the board, so could be a consensus lynch.

Pedit: i saw the ISO comment but viewed it as NAI - could be planting a justification for the hard switch. The later quote case focuses on things that he had previously given a townread for.

@NMSA, now that we have more time, can you explain/justify these contradictions?
1. You agreed with Robb that the questions were useless, then disagreed and said they could help town.
2. You called Godmid a townread, then skipped right over all your scum and nullreads to jump onto it when it felt like a possible consensus wagon in the room
3. You followed TTTT (your scumread slot) onto Spangled (your second highest townread) at EoD?

1. I don't recall saying they were useless. I think I said they weren't particularly useful, mostly, but that a couple might be helpful.
2. idk, I've been floundering with my reads for most of the day and sheeping people.
3. same as above. also, TTTT showed up and started being TTTT, which made the slot a townread.
Show

NotMySpamAccount
Goon

Post Post #633  (ISO)  » Wed May 15, 2019 9:22 pm

In post 603, teacher wrote:So given how disjointed town is, I think we may have to do this Condorcet voting style. I will share my 1-2-3 and encourage others to do the same. If I get enough takers, I can do the cordorcet tabulation.
1. Clarity
2. NMSA
3. Nav

I'm fine with this.
1. Clarity
2. Spangled
3. Nav
Show

NotMySpamAccount
Goon

Post Post #634  (ISO)  » Wed May 15, 2019 9:23 pm

In post 607, teacher wrote:I often use VCAs not just to analyze lynch wagons, but other momentum swings throughout dayphases. Since this game has lacked the VCAs, Im keeping this updated publically, primarily because of my new meta....

Note that the board should also review positioning w/r/t to the Spangled and NMSA near-lynches for momentum analyses which may not be captured below.

Spoiler: Slot Vote history
slot by slot vote history:

oh wow you're awesome time to overanalyze the heck out of this.
Show

u r a person 2
Mafia Scum

Post Post #635  (ISO)  » Wed May 15, 2019 9:55 pm

In post 627, teacher wrote:
In post 618, u r a person 2 wrote:in a Mexican bar south of Phoenix playing on mobile

For some reason I had in my head that you were a Joisey boy? (Im Longggg Island born and raised).

Jersey my whole childhood - right outside Newark

Living currently in Minneapolis.

On business in phoenix all month
103-11 0-2

u r a person 2
Mafia Scum

Post Post #636  (ISO)  » Wed May 15, 2019 9:56 pm

My father grew up in long island. Jones beach was our go to summer spot
103-11 0-2

ClearlyClarity
Goon

Pronoun: She

Post Post #637  (ISO)  » Wed May 15, 2019 10:13 pm

In post 606, teacher wrote:@Clarity - Why the double vote?

My vote on Lavender was originally RVS, but with the long periods of inactivity between game-relevant events I pretty much completely forgot I voted for her in the first place.
It's Clarity, never Clearly.

ClearlyClarity
Goon

Post Post #638  (ISO)  » Wed May 15, 2019 10:17 pm

1. Spangled
2. TTTT
3. Lavender

Lavender was originally first but her post on Nav was solid

ClearlyClarity
Goon

Post Post #639  (ISO)  » Wed May 15, 2019 11:03 pm

In post 611, u r a person 2 wrote:And you read CC as the type of player who stays active as scum super close to eod (before extension) when game is very slow?

teacher — you ought to remember that I was scum who flaked the game as soon as there was the vaguest hint that I was caught in our only other game together. I’m one of the top wagons here and I’ve shown no intention of fading away into the background. That’s one thing that should have stood out when considering whether I’m playing to my scum meta

TTTT
Mafia Scum

Post Post #640  (ISO)  » Wed May 15, 2019 11:10 pm

VOTE: spangled

this can still happen

Spangled
Townie

Post Post #641  (ISO)  » Thu May 16, 2019 2:14 am

In post 631, Lavender wrote:
In post 630, teacher wrote:

What changed?

His reactions to being voted, it seemed kinda flaky, and he disappeared for a time while he was voted on.
I would think Town would instead post a bit more and show their reads and not just kinda disappear.

I have been a bit flaky ‘round about now, haven’t I? Sorry; I’ve just been handed a fair bit of stuff to do, and I can’t get any posts in in the middle of the day, not having any data to use any more.

I haven’t really shown any reads because it’s all been so crazy - everyone is changing their votes every which way, and I don’t really know what to do at this point - other than push my scumpicks, and hope that I have what little of a read that exists right.

1. NMSA
2. Navneet
3. I don’t really have any thoughts on my lowest spot so far.

Godmid
Townie

Post Post #642  (ISO)  » Thu May 16, 2019 5:10 am

1) Spam
2) Nav
3) Spangled

I've explained my misgivings towards TTTT, but since he clearly isn't going to be the target today, I won't include him.

Godmid
Townie

Post Post #643  (ISO)  » Thu May 16, 2019 5:35 am

VOTE: NMSA

L-1

teacher
Mafia Scum

Post Post #644  (ISO)  » Thu May 16, 2019 7:52 am

Intent -12 hrs.

teacher
Mafia Scum

Post Post #645  (ISO)  » Thu May 16, 2019 7:53 am

In post 639, ClearlyClarity wrote:
In post 611, u r a person 2 wrote:And you read CC as the type of player who stays active as scum super close to eod (before extension) when game is very slow?

teacher — you ought to remember that I was scum who flaked the game as soon as there was the vaguest hint that I was caught in our only other game together. I’m one of the top wagons here and I’ve shown no intention of fading away into the background. That’s one thing that should have stood out when considering whether I’m playing to my scum meta

Consensus v. In the air - situation different.

NotMySpamAccount
Goon

Post Post #646  (ISO)  » Thu May 16, 2019 10:32 am

Can someone actually lay out a case for why I'm scum other than being kinda lurky? I can't tell what the case actually is.

Not sure if it's cause I'm tired, but I feel like a lot of people are jumoing on my wagon with no explanation.
Show

u r a person 2
Mafia Scum

Post Post #647  (ISO)  » Thu May 16, 2019 10:43 am

When is the deadline?
103-11 0-2

teacher
Mafia Scum

Post Post #648  (ISO)  » Thu May 16, 2019 10:58 am

No idea appr 16 hours from now if we go by the old one + 36

u r a person 2
Mafia Scum

Post Post #649  (ISO)  » Thu May 16, 2019 11:10 am

Nmsa, can you give reads and maybe even make a self meta case for why you're town?

Basically, given timing and wagon I need a strong argument for why I should risk no Lynch instead of hammering here
103-11 0-2

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to The Road to Rome