Townie
pema22
Townie
Townie

Post Post #230 (isolation #1) » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:22 pm

Post by pema22 »

In post 47, TTTT wrote:you already did
VOTE: pema
Ok so my name is getting thrown around quite a lot, but I wanted to explain myself a little... my greeting was genuine as a new player, and I didn't overly think about what I said (regretting that now).. just wanted to give a pretty standard 'hello' to everyone and introduce myself as a newbie. From there it seems like everyone has jumped on the bandwagon of wanting to vote me out so soon. I am a bit uncertain why saying I am new to the game is a clear sign to want me out- I just wanted to ask all of those people why they considered my entrance so 'bad' or indicative to being mafia scum?

Also I'm sorry for not being as active, but I have been busy these past few days and wanted to learn from last post- taking some time to try and accurately explain myself :]
pema22
pema22
Townie
pema22
Townie
Townie

Post Post #360 (isolation #2) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:19 pm

Post by pema22 »

In post 293, TTTT wrote:@pema
what is your experience playing mafia?
either online or IRL?
IRL, I have played quite a few games of mafia, although more as a social thing and less intense/in depth as this I guess, and this is my first time playing mafia online. That is one of the reasons I haven't been making big accusations or gameplay as I am trying to first understand where everyone is at.
pema22
pema22
Townie
pema22
Townie
Townie

Post Post #361 (isolation #3) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:31 pm

Post by pema22 »

If I had to give any readings, I would say that zeebu is a townie- his questions he is asking are helpful in furthering conversation and beneficial to the town.

I am however interested in hearing more from Jocus about his scum accusation towards Eggs, especially as it doesn't seem to have much ground and Jocus has otherwise been quiet in most discussions.
pema22
pema22
Townie
pema22
Townie
Townie

Post Post #363 (isolation #4) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:28 pm

Post by pema22 »

In post 238, zeebu wrote:
In post 237, Robbnva wrote:Lucky otter wagon isn’t a popular one. Nobody was into it but me. New scum isn’t going to join that wagon. Hell, experience scum probably wouldn’t
wait so you dont think otter is scum? this was just to see who would join the wagon?
In post 241, zeebu wrote:i think robb may have pocketed imperator. i think it may have happened a couple pages back, but it now seems obvious
In post 333, zeebu wrote:ive played with tttt a few times as well

the start of this game is pretty similar to most of his
In post 334, zeebu wrote:the biggest x factor in this game is robb
In post 341, zeebu wrote:how often does your early game tunneling result in that target being scum?
I guess I should have said statements as well as questions... like the ones I quoted above, they seem to me like they point to townie as they help gameplay move along rather than hinder it, although this is just a soft reading.
pema22
pema22
Townie
pema22
Townie
Townie

Post Post #450 (isolation #5) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:16 pm

Post by pema22 »

In post 430, Robbnva wrote:
In post 426, Imperator wrote:This is such utter bullshit. I'm not lying, Robb is.

I'm not gonna claim a PR cause I'm VT. I expect the next time I log on I'll be lynched and Robb will be on his way to a great(oh, did I say great? I meant trash) scum victory.
Want me to quote the 4-5 lies you’ve told? I can just go shut you up.

I can honestly say I haven’t lied at all. You definitely have
My reading on the Robb/Imp situation: it seems highly unlikely that both are town, and although Imperator is getting majority of the votes right now, I am hesitant to vote for him as his defence against Robb has credibility in that at least the 'lies' he has been telling do seem more like mistakes/misunderstandings. As for Robb, he does have an aggressive, targeting way of playing that could point to scum (??) but could also just be his play-style.
pema22
pema22
Townie
pema22
Townie
Townie

Post Post #542 (isolation #6) » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:16 pm

Post by pema22 »

VOTE: Robbnva

I am voting for Robb at the moment because I agree with Lucky's point that Robb does seem to be pushing for specific people to be voted out, with a certain agenda, and not budging from his reads or wanting it so they can prove they are town (like Lucky and Imperator). This is suspicious to me, as it seems less about trying to figure out who is town and who is mafia, but more about how he can get everyone to vote one person out.
In post 515, LuckyOtter wrote:See here's where I'm getting hung up. On the one hand, lots of Robb's posts don't feel genuine to me. They look reachy (my original comments), accusatory and discrediting (calling anything he doesn't like "lies"), and like he's making a hard push to keep attention in one particular direction (me until it became clear I wasn't likely going to be the lynch, then imp). It just looks to me like he has an agenda.

In post 504, Robbnva wrote:Not atm. It’s definitely noteworthy to me though. Want to see if anyone has issues with it before I say something.
And wanted Robb to answer what he was going to say in the above quote?
pema22
pema22
Townie
pema22
Townie
Townie

Post Post #543 (isolation #7) » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:19 pm

Post by pema22 »

Also not sure about CC, she hasn't done much to point towards her being mafia, but at the same time it seems she is trying hard to remain neutral and not draw too much attention to herself...
pema22
pema22
Townie
pema22
Townie
Townie

Post Post #685 (isolation #8) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:36 pm

Post by pema22 »

I am confused as to why Jocus put those hypotheticals down, he is on my scum radar at the moment as well as cc and would like to hear some of their reads

I guess for me Imperator is also on my radar after the fight between him and Robb, it does seem like a scum tactic to try and cause an argument between him and a town. However, I can also see how it could easily be TvT given the lack of substance in that argument I guess?!

as for what the kill for TTTT means- honestly I don't think it gives us too much information as to who the scum is so not sure where to go from here
pema22
pema22
Townie
pema22
Townie
Townie

Post Post #689 (isolation #9) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:56 pm

Post by pema22 »

In post 686, Eggs wrote:What do you think of the three wagons yesterday? Were scum playing it cool because they were all town or was one (or two) of the wagons on scum and scum had to work to make sure a townie got lynched?
Out of the three wagons being Robbnva, Imperator and CC I think there is a good possibility Imperator or CC are scum. However, given that scum knew for sure Robb was a townie, I think it would have been easy for scum to jump on his wagon as Robb kind of dug his own hole with some of his aggressive posts and therefore scum didn't have to fight too hard. Also the fact that many votes were switched and unvoted gives me the impression that it is highly unlikely the scum pairing is Imperator and CC as I feel CC would have posted/defended more if that was the scenario.
pema22
pema22
Townie
pema22
Townie
Townie

Post Post #691 (isolation #10) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:10 pm

Post by pema22 »

In post 690, Eggs wrote:What's the argument for imperator or cc? just normal odds (2 people from the 6 remaining excluding you) or is there some reason you think it's more likely than simple odds?
Well I'm kind of basing that on my suspicions about the Imp/Robb fight being a scum tactic, and some of my soft reservations I've had against both of them as scum that I've mentioned before. Based on that, viewing them as
potentially
scummy players compared to others, it seemed to me like it was relatively goododds at least one of them was scum. But my personal readings/feelings aside yes it is normal odds and nothing special.
pema22
pema22
Townie
pema22
Townie
Townie

Post Post #695 (isolation #11) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:12 pm

Post by pema22 »

In post 694, LuckyOtter wrote:
In post 685, pema22 wrote: as for what the kill for TTTT means- honestly I don't think it gives us too much information as to who the scum is so not sure where to go from here
Was this thought prompted by something? If so I'm not seeing it.
no, just wanted to give my read on what I think the kill for TTTT meant, maybe start that discussion, but I think we can't really gain too much from it as he was an overall town-read.
pema22
pema22
Townie
pema22
Townie
Townie

Post Post #714 (isolation #12) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:07 pm

Post by pema22 »

In post 701, ClearlyClarity wrote:Also can you two faceless potamuses get an avatar? Part of the lack of investment is sorta this feeling that I can't connect a face to the words. I can help resize something for you if you want.
I got a face! Well, hopefully this helps you... just found a picture of birds I liked
pema22
pema22
Townie
pema22
Townie
Townie

Post Post #728 (isolation #13) » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:27 pm

Post by pema22 »

In post 703, zeebu wrote:I’m feeling stronger than I should but I don’t see a bad thing happening for the game if we get rid of cc
zeebu, can you explain this? Does this mean you strongly think that cc is scum, and if so, why?
pema22
pema22
Townie
pema22
Townie
Townie

Post Post #737 (isolation #14) » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:37 am

Post by pema22 »

In post 734, Eggs wrote:I read uninterested in finding scum as just that - someone who has additional information and doesn't need to find scum through discussion i.e. the mafia.

Flying under the radar to escape notice is a valid strategy if people don't push you for it. The less you say and do, the less you can incriminate yourself.

If a townie is contributing this little it is seriously bad play because it makes us unable to distinguish between players. May as well flip a coin at that point.
I understand your reasoning, but also wanted to say that I have been giving my reads on who I think could be scum and asking different players to try and figure that out. It is not that I am 'uninterested in finding scum' but I don't know all the scum tactics or patterns of any previous games, making it hard for me to develop a strong case/vote against someone and try and get other people on board because I'm scared they could likely be townie.

In saying that I think at the moment Jocus is scum, he seems the most to fit 'uninterested in finding scum' and his other posts like the hypothetical I don't seem coming from a townie. Think he really needs to start posting more if he wants my vote changed.
pema22
pema22
Townie
pema22
Townie
Townie

Post Post #738 (isolation #15) » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:38 am

Post by pema22 »

VOTE: Jocus
pema22
pema22
Townie
pema22
Townie
Townie

Post Post #761 (isolation #16) » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:43 pm

Post by pema22 »

In post 753, zeebu wrote:
In post 752, Eggs wrote:
In post 750, zeebu wrote:I’m still ok with keeping my vote on cc, but pema, whoa. Think it was a newbie thing?
What exactly did pema do wrong here?
I assumed pema didn’t factor in your unvote and tried to hammer.
Wait wait wait my mistake!!!!- this sounds so stupid and totally my fault- I for some reason still thought it took five to lynch and wasn't thinking- I wouldn't have voted for Jocus if I knew it would be the final vote, I never intended to try and vote him out without giving him an opportunity to talk and explain himself.

I know this sounds so bad but it's the truth!
Still think he is scum though.
pema22
pema22
Townie
pema22
Townie
Townie

Post Post #787 (isolation #17) » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:24 pm

Post by pema22 »

Since Lucky is talking about possible scum pairings, I just wanted to point out that Jocus and Imperator have never voted for each other, even on the popular Imperator train, and I feel like the lengthy fight between Imperator and Robb could be to draw the attention away from others such as Jocus. They both have been pretty quiet lately as well and haven't really questioned each other... just my thoughts at the moment- also welcome The King in Yellow :)
In post 456, Imperator wrote:Btw, thanks Jocus and pema for the reads. It's good to have more people involved in this game.
pema22
pema22
Townie
pema22
Townie
Townie

Post Post #863 (isolation #18) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:06 pm

Post by pema22 »

In post 837, Donempire wrote:2 days?
2 hours?
Psycho Mantis?
What are everybodys read on my slot? I didnt read the game but i feel like that would be a good starting point.
Also, hi lads. Im town again, since i have impossibly bad luck rolling scum.
hi dongempire, from zeebu's posts I've been leaning towards town
pema22
pema22
Townie
pema22
Townie
Townie

Post Post #864 (isolation #19) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:09 pm

Post by pema22 »

Can I ask you what your read is on my slot then? And the KIY?
pema22
pema22
Townie
pema22
Townie
Townie

Post Post #888 (isolation #20) » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:06 am

Post by pema22 »

Ok, since it seems like it is between Imperator and Otter I want to move my vote from KIY to Imperator. When Jocus was commenting, I stated my suspicions about him (and almost hammered him accidentally whoops), but now that the KIY has replaced him and is talking more I feel less sure that he is scum, also feel like CC is still shady and so am moving my vote to Imp. I can perhaps see where dong is coming from with Otter, but I still feel it is better to vote Imp as to me I have seen him more scum-leaning in this game and he also hasn't really given much of an input. Hopefully we can reach a collective agreement to lynch him before we run out of time.

VOTE: Imperator
pema22
pema22
Townie
pema22
Townie
Townie

Post Post #918 (isolation #21) » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:57 pm

Post by pema22 »

In post 912, ClearlyClarity wrote:We have 14 hours. I'm going to request that everyone give a list of their top three preferred lynch candidates, ordered, and we can collectively decide on who to lynch from there.

Mine:
1. Imperator
2. LuckyOtter
3. Dongempire
1. Imp
2. KIY
3. CC
pema22
pema22
Townie
pema22
Townie
Townie

Post Post #966 (isolation #22) » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:23 pm

Post by pema22 »

I know this is going to sound unbelievable, as I also read Eggs as definitely town, but I am the cop not him, he is scum. As a cop, I have been trying to stay quieter so that I don't make mistakes and as a new player get myself lynched or killed by the mafia. I found two town people to be clear, the first night Dong and the second night KIY. Eggs has most likely figured out that I am cop, and as he said before one mafia should come out as cop which is what he did.
pema22
pema22
Townie
pema22
Townie
Townie

Post Post #977 (isolation #23) » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:35 am

Post by pema22 »

In post 689, pema22 wrote:
In post 686, Eggs wrote:What do you think of the three wagons yesterday? Were scum playing it cool because they were all town or was one (or two) of the wagons on scum and scum had to work to make sure a townie got lynched?
Out of the three wagons being Robbnva, Imperator and CC I think there is a good possibility Imperator or CC are scum. However, given that scum knew for sure Robb was a townie, I think it would have been easy for scum to jump on his wagon as Robb kind of dug his own hole with some of his aggressive posts and therefore scum didn't have to fight too hard. Also the fact that many votes were switched and unvoted gives me the impression that it is highly unlikely the scum pairing is Imperator and CC as I feel CC would have posted/defended more if that was the scenario.
In post 690, Eggs wrote:What's the argument for imperator or cc? just normal odds (2 people from the 6 remaining excluding you) or is there some reason you think it's more likely than simple odds?
In post 691, pema22 wrote:
Well I'm kind of basing that on my suspicions about the Imp/Robb fight being a scum tactic, and some of my soft reservations I've had against both of them as scum that I've mentioned before. Based on that, viewing them as
potentially
scummy players compared to others, it seemed to me like it was relatively good odds at least one of them was scum. But my personal readings/feelings aside yes it is normal odds and nothing special.
I said that the possibility of either Imp or CC being scum is very high, Eggs called me out on this saying that it shouldn't be higher than normal odds. Of course, I knew that Dong (zeebu) was already cleared to be townie, making the odds that Imp or CC were scum higher, but not everyone knew this.

In post 728, pema22 wrote:
In post 703, zeebu wrote:I’m feeling stronger than I should but I don’t see a bad thing happening for the game if we get rid of cc
zeebu, can you explain this? Does this mean you strongly think that cc is scum, and if so, why?

I am only up to page 28, but from Night 1 until that point, zeebu had never been targeted as potential scum or even questioned for suspicious behaviour or anything and so, as I had already stated I found him to be town on the first day, I was content to leave him when he was in a good position, offering him to share his point of view, as seen above.

I will give more reasonings later when I properly have the time.
pema22
pema22
Townie
pema22
Townie
Townie

Post Post #996 (isolation #24) » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:59 am

Post by pema22 »

In post 979, ClearlyClarity wrote:
In post 977, pema22 wrote:I said that the possibility of either Imp or CC being scum is very high, Eggs called me out on this saying that it shouldn't be higher than normal odds. Of course, I knew that Dong (zeebu) was already cleared to be townie, making the odds that Imp or CC were scum higher, but not everyone knew this.
Why me and Imp specifically? You didn't clear Otter or KIY at that point, either. So why were we the standouts?

And can you answer my previous question to you?
Because as you can see Eggs asked me specifically about the three wagons of that day (Robb (lynched), Imp and CC) so that is why I was commenting on you two
In post 969, ClearlyClarity wrote:
In post 966, pema22 wrote:Eggs has most likely figured out that I am cop, and as he said before one mafia should come out as cop which is what he did.
Why wouldn't scum!Eggs kill you, then?
Eggs said that after the night was over, and he almost definitely said that with the new information had after the night was over and the kill was already done so he could fakeclaim cop. I assume he claimed reading me as guilty because I have been seen as scummy/suspicious, and as he knows of my little experience I guess I am easy to target.
pema22
pema22
Townie
pema22
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1033 (isolation #25) » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:54 pm

Post by pema22 »

In post 1016, Eggs wrote:
In post 977, pema22 wrote:I said that the possibility of either Imp or CC being scum is very high, Eggs called me out on this saying that it shouldn't be higher than normal odds. Of course, I knew that Dong (zeebu) was already cleared to be townie, making the odds that Imp or CC were scum higher, but not everyone knew this.
Actually I just asked you if you were referring to the normal odds or if you had a read. Genuine question. You just retreated to 'no read'. I would definitely have preferred it if you'd said 'higher than normal odds' as it would have indicated you were actually doing some detective work.
I didn't want to reveal myself too early in the game as that would not have been in the town's best interest, by saying I had more information than a normal townie would have been too obvious.
In post 996, pema22 wrote:Eggs said that after the night was over, and he almost definitely said that with the new information had after the night was over and the kill was already done so he could fakeclaim cop. I assume he claimed reading me as guilty because I have been seen as scummy/suspicious, and as he knows of my little experience I guess I am easy to target.
If scum is me + otter (which I assume you are going to be arguing) then I would most definitely have killed or roleblocked CC after that no-reason townread on you being her strongest read.

If scum is me + CC that's more of a fair point. Is that what you're reading?[/quote]

At the moment I definitely believe it could be you and CC, I have a feeling saying you cleared Otter is a way so if you die, we automatically think its him
pema22
pema22
Townie
pema22
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1038 (isolation #26) » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:44 am

Post by pema22 »

In post 1034, Donempire wrote:Pema, eggs softed his cop claim in day 2. What do you think about that? He adamantly refused an otter lynch that day.
One of two possibilities: either scum is eggs/otter and he wanted to save his partner, or it is eggs and cc and that was a way to get otter on eggs' side

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”