Newbie 1942: PTTHI1942 [game over]

Iconeum
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: January 23, 2018
Pronoun: It

Post Post #3750  (ISO)  » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:41 am

Image
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse

Iconeum
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: January 23, 2018
Pronoun: It

Post Post #3751  (ISO)  » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:42 am

What did the fish say when it ran into a wall?

Spoiler:
dam
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse

cyrus62
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: June 12, 2019
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3752  (ISO)  » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:20 am

nice to see you two having fun btw im going hit the hay i notist that despite being nice giving you the benefit of a doubt you still talk trash so yea instead of getting in tp a pissing match with the two of you im just going to go bte sucky charger is blow


again i dont hide

Iconeum
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: January 23, 2018
Pronoun: It

Post Post #3753  (ISO)  » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:30 am

In post 3425, Formerfish wrote:
In post 739, Iconeum wrote:Formerfish yes, you were the experienced player in one of my first newbie games here

In post 740, Iconeum wrote:I'm sad to say I haven't learned much since then


I think these are my favorite quotes from this who game so far (except when Icon tried to tell people that fake claiming was considered gamethrowing and is illegal, that shit was banana).

See in April of 2019 a game started The Climax, this game featured none other than yours truly and Icon. I was in the game as an SE (I know its crazy that Icon and Insom were bragging about being big bad SEs and I was Icons SE in one of his newbie games! CRAZY!!!) and Icon was obviously a newb.

Town was brought to endgame by myself and 2 other players after I had run a successful gambit to call scum out in the same way I made an attempt to this game with CC (before teacher stepped in!)

Icon did well and was killed n3 as a VT. Town endgamed with both PRs still alive.

So he says that he hasnt gotten better, and in that game I put on a demonstration on how town wins.

Now here he wants you all to believe that he is some sort of next gen player who caught me in some shit. The most they have is that i pushed Arc to a claim, which Icon said "fuck that" to when he fearhammered, and I have pushed icon and insom, who havent flipped as far as I remember, so saying ive pushed 3 townies as insom claimed is a bit incorrect and premature.


By the way, interesting game you bring up here. Notice any similarities with my town play that game?
Things like going against players who think have a mechanical lock on the game?

Posts 956 - 958 - 963 - 964 are some good examples :)
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse

Iconeum
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: January 23, 2018
Pronoun: It

Post Post #3754  (ISO)  » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:34 am

In post 3752, cyrus62 wrote:nice to see you two having fun btw im going hit the hay i notist that despite being nice giving you the benefit of a doubt you still talk trash so yea instead of getting in tp a pissing match with the two of you im just going to go bte sucky charger is blow


again i dont hide


ehm bro, you've been nothing but talk trash to insomnia and me for the majority of this game

You know what they say?

Image
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse

ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: March 11, 2019
Pronoun: She

Post Post #3755  (ISO)  » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:46 am

I replaced into this game because I was getting bored and wanted a high-activity game but I think this is a tad bit too much
Call me whatever you want...

Iconeum
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: January 23, 2018
Pronoun: It

Post Post #3756  (ISO)  » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:47 am

Vote FF, get this day over with, and we can continue tomorrow

I'm pretty sure this game isn't gonna have 10+ pages per day without the insom/Ico v FF duels
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse

teacher
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 09, 2018
Location: DC-area
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3757  (ISO)  » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:59 am

I just did my dive to make my case. While I still dont like how FF has played today, Im coming down on the lynching insomnia side.

When CC gives the go sign, I will join that wagon.

teacher
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 09, 2018
Location: DC-area
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3758  (ISO)  » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:02 am

The part that is most troubling to me is FF's repeated misreps and rush to rope yesterday (pushing to lynch Ico before CC/Sleepless slot had been sorted at all).

For misreps, see: Insomnia claimed doc AFTER the JK. Nope, he didnt.
Insomnia did NOT talk to the cop. Nope he did.

That said, I'd like to believe my read on the Cyan slot was solid.

teacher
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 09, 2018
Location: DC-area
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3759  (ISO)  » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:03 am

Finally, I personally would prefer to lynch Ico if my read is wrong, but I get that people think I might be paired with insomnia given my pushes against his wagon, so Im not going to fight that one too hard.

teacher
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 09, 2018
Location: DC-area
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3760  (ISO)  » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:16 am

Spoiler:
In post 3536, cyrus62 wrote:like he already knows he will see day 3 too

In post 3430, cyrus62 wrote:being conferdent is one thing but he cleary stated he will see day 3 like 100% sure he will

In post 3405, cyrus62 wrote:doc cant self heal so how dose he know he will make it to day 3

In post 3401, cyrus62 wrote:well insom knows they will see day 3 he said it him self

In post 3285, cyrus62 wrote:m said see you day 3 .

In post 3294, cyrus62 wrote:again so sure he will see day 3 . how dose he know he wont be nk

In post 3326, cyrus62 wrote:i just want to know how insom was able to say with out blinking glgl see you day 3

Cyrus, we all can understand English. You only need to say things once.

ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: March 11, 2019
Pronoun: She

Post Post #3761  (ISO)  » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:17 am

In post 3757, teacher wrote:When CC gives the go sign, I will join that wagon.


Gonna catch up on those 20 pages right now :P
Call me whatever you want...

ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: March 11, 2019
Pronoun: She

Post Post #3762  (ISO)  » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:18 am

In post 3365, Formerfish wrote:Hey Emps. Time to pick sides.

Axis- icon/insom/teacher

Allies- FF/CY/Carl

Canada- CC


:lol:
Call me whatever you want...

teacher
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 09, 2018
Location: DC-area
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3763  (ISO)  » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:23 am

In post 3494, Formerfish wrote:
In post 3492, Iconeum wrote:
In post 3490, Formerfish wrote:I go where I think I'm most likely going to hit scum.


Which you've already extensively covered is a team of insomnia/myself

And you are willing to risk a doc, instead of going for a safer lynch in what you consider caught scum, me


The fact that you're trying to get me off him tell me he's probably the scum pr. And you don't want me to kill the scum or do you?

NEVER MIND. This is another scumslip.

FF has been casing Ico for all the time for forgetting roleblocker, so he should be up on the setups.

BUT IF THERE IS NO DOC, THERE IS NO SCUM PR.

ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: March 11, 2019
Pronoun: She

Post Post #3764  (ISO)  » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:25 am

In post 3408, Formerfish wrote:
In post 3407, Carl Tuckerson wrote:
In post 3404, Formerfish wrote:Like i have this excitedly worried feeling because so many things are clicking into place for me right now with this game that I feel like I get it finally, to a point, but then I worry that I could have this all wrong in my head and im letting scum scrape by.

Might as well name names.
+ If you're starting to get this game, who's the team? (I can only assume insomnia/Iconeum)
+ If you have this wrong somehow, who's being permitted to skate by?


I think its just insom and icon. Too many things mingle with them, and their play looks like it is in tandem.

If im wrong then i think it would be about icon and teacher is scum.

CC has caught up a bit, but has still been mostly mia. I havent looked at her ego, but I do know she is in a few games, so other shit might be taking her attention. It worries me that we are quickly heading into a deadline and I dont know where she is in her catch up. And I realize that i am mostly to blame for the size, but i have been battling out here in the dense german forests with whatever I can find.


My fault. I wish I could offer more on this slot but I've felt hesitant to take a definitive stance because I missed so much of the context. Right now I'm mostly going off of the whole claimfest D2 and going back through the game if I felt like I missed something, but even then it's not completely foolproof and I feel like I let a lot of things slip.
Call me whatever you want...

teacher
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 09, 2018
Location: DC-area
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3765  (ISO)  » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:25 am

Im taking a teacher qualification test again today (want to change schools, so need to get certified for public schools), but Im going to put in what I had started on FF, then quick quote the scummy play of today without comment in my next post.

Former Fish Case

Going to do this basically chronologically, other than starting with the obvious high postcount. FF says this is a reason to townread, I say its NAI.
Spoiler: spam NAI
I talked about this in . Carl made the quite correct observation that it was uncommon in . But we don’t have to talk in the abstract here; we know we are dealing with Fish. Fish can post this way as any alignment – so the post count is not town indicative, despite his effort to use it as such. For examples of fish mass-posting and having a high count as scum, see here (71 posts during 300 game posts as D1 replace, lynched D2). NAI, so distrust claim to contrary. Not part of my case, just discounting this as a reason to townread.

So, back to chronology, lets do some slot history. Not too much here, but I do think there is something worth considering bearing on Insomnia.
Spoiler: Cyan
I had a townlean on Cyan’s play, but looking back over it, it doesn’t take many positions. It asks questions, and pushes for a lynch too early IMO.
In post 299, Cyan Talon wrote:Why do we need 3 votes on 3 separate wagons? What would that do, other than drag this game on?

After that, it just shades Cyrus and me, telling both slots to play better, and then critiquing the Dong v. Cyrus argument (). in retrospect, that argument looks good for a doc, because Dong definitely did come off scummier, which is what PR but not scum would want.

FF’s arrival, which I see as a charisma attempt.
Spoiler: intro
Sets a tone with (Fuck you), rapping, and . Basically laying claim to be the fun mayor. People find the jokes appealing. Then makes friendly overtures to all slots he knows or might know – – feels a bit like charisma/pocketing, but not strong at all. Gets stronger towards Cyrus in particular over the course of , I STOPPED HERE

I STOPPED HERE because I was getting mixed vibes from the early play, and didn’t get why Doc!Insomnia would put FF higher than Carl in his D2 readslist.

Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
 
User avatar
Joined: July 02, 2013
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3766  (ISO)  » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:47 am

In post 3642, insomnia wrote:He's been here all day, I don't have to be here because I'm PR and I have no stress.

Give him lead.


Lead is how scum kills...
Show

Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
 
User avatar
Joined: July 02, 2013
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3767  (ISO)  » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:50 am

In post 3650, Iconeum wrote:But why would we risk a potential DOC first? It's not like we are letting scum get away with a fake claim, they'd still die tomorrow.


Her I don't know maybe that's why you guys had him claim it.
Show

Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
 
User avatar
Joined: July 02, 2013
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3768  (ISO)  » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:52 am

In post 3655, Iconeum wrote:Formerfish has insulted insomnia and myself on dozens of occasions this game.
Insomnia has insulted FF on multiple occasions this game.


I've insulted you guys dozens of times? Dozens? Seems like you're being hyperbolic.
Show

Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
 
User avatar
Joined: July 02, 2013
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3769  (ISO)  » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:54 am

In post 3656, Iconeum wrote:
In post 3654, cyrus62 wrote:insted fish gos for a harder lynch


Only fish isn't going for a harder lynch.
He's going for a lynch that he thought would be auto by the end of day 1. And much for early D2.
The lynch turned out harder then he could possibly have thought, and is now stuck in a 1v1 to the death with his scumread.

Because he refused to reconsider anything that happened, unlike you. He refused to even CONSIDER the possibility of a towndoc claim from insomnia. NOT EVEN CONSIDERING THE POSSIBILITY.

Like someone before mentioned, we have to account for the chance it's a fake claim. Not account for the fact that it might NOT be a fake claim. One is a town mindset, the other not.

Lynch FF today, get information from his flip, work with information tomorrow.


I thought about it. But I've also been here before and seen this play out, so my experience comes into play here too.
Show

teacher
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 09, 2018
Location: DC-area
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3770  (ISO)  » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:55 am

The quick and dirty quotes of FF’s D2 posts where I find scum motivation. Im not giving reasons and am offline for the next 12.
My preferred lynch is FF. If he’s town, then Insomnia. That said, I will hammer Insomnia if that’s needed around deadline.
In post 2039, Formerfish wrote:where the doc/jk is or outguess where they are going to protect/hold.
SLIP?
Spoiler: other quick and dirty quotes
In post 1525, Formerfish wrote:I save you the time and say that for me unless you claim a PR and have a result we can use, I dont want a case from you.

In post 1615, Formerfish wrote:
In post 1612, cyrus62 wrote:VOTE: insomnia becuse i think hes scum the way him and icone are pairing up and the way he saids we over and over


Cy.

Stick with me on this one. We do Icon first.

Come on.

1769, 1771, 1773 – cheerleading hammer
In post 1874, Formerfish wrote:
In post 1860, Iconeum wrote:Trying to spread as much confusion as possible before I die


Legit scum claim here.

HAMMER AWAY!!!!!

In post 1957, Formerfish wrote:Go ahead and hammer.

In post 2035, Formerfish wrote:Only town me beasts out over 500 posts.

In post 2038, Formerfish wrote:
In post 2029, teacher wrote:That said, I tend to be in favor of trackers or Neaps claiming today. I haven’t pushed it because I prefer gameplay to mechanical solves but there is some benefit to those roles [AND ONLY THOSE] roles claiming that I can explain if desired.


Tracker should only claim if they have a result of someone going to the kill. And even that is tricky, cause it might be the jk.

Neo should only claim if they have a clear on a contested by, like if sleep is neo and somehow made a night action checking icon, but it could mean icon is just the goon.



In post 2052, Formerfish wrote:
In post 2050, Sleepless wrote:Sorry guys, I can only login once/twice a day, and by then hundreds of messages keep piling up. I see that Teacher votes me as a suspect cause I'm not posting enough. Finally some drama in my life!


Stop are you a PR?

Or is your role not special?

Oh shit.

In post 2070, Formerfish wrote:
In post 2068, Carl Tuckerson wrote:Was it? Because if he were mafia and giving up, I'm positive he would have hammered.


The comment about spreading the mist.

It makes me think Im wrong on one and its not icon.

Icon is todays lynch barring the replacement coming in with a result.

In post 2131, Formerfish wrote:We could just lynch him like I want to do.

In post 2136, Formerfish wrote:Like one game I was legit outed scum. Town left me alive for 2 days. Let me hammer a mislynch on the 1st day.

Bad things happen when you let known scum live longer than they should.

The spoiler is incomplete because I have to leave now. But I'll through this one in and be online in 12 hours.
In post 3758, teacher wrote:For misreps, see: Insomnia claimed doc AFTER the JK. Nope, he didnt.
Insomnia did NOT talk to the cop. Nope he did.

Carl Tuckerson
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: June 09, 2019
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3771  (ISO)  » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:59 am

In post 3671, insomnia wrote:Being a jerk is not alignment indicative.

No, but if you aren't scum here, maybe you'll look back on this game and realize that you got yourself lynched as an un-cc'd doc entirely because you're a toxic fucking asshole who is no fun to play with.

Eat rope and never play a game with me again.

VOTE: insomnia
"my way is honoring the 4th is do a rebel run light as many fireworks as i can get drunk and stone and say think god im a american at least i know im free" - cyrus62
"omg you killed carl you basterds" - cyrus62
GTKAS

Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
 
User avatar
Joined: July 02, 2013
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3772  (ISO)  » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:01 am

In post 3689, Iconeum wrote:It's important.

Cyrus has to either link the profile, or write down the exact name so we can find him.

It's important.

Probably robbnva
Show

teacher
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 09, 2018
Location: DC-area
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3773  (ISO)  » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:01 am

In post 3763, teacher wrote:
In post 3494, Formerfish wrote:
In post 3492, Iconeum wrote:
In post 3490, Formerfish wrote:I go where I think I'm most likely going to hit scum.


Which you've already extensively covered is a team of insomnia/myself

And you are willing to risk a doc, instead of going for a safer lynch in what you consider caught scum, me


The fact that you're trying to get me off him tell me he's probably the scum pr. And you don't want me to kill the scum or do you?

NEVER MIND. This is another scumslip.

FF has been casing Ico for all the time for forgetting roleblocker, so he should be up on the setups.

BUT IF THERE IS NO DOC, THERE IS NO SCUM PR.

Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
 
User avatar
Joined: July 02, 2013
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3774  (ISO)  » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:01 am

In post 3771, Carl Tuckerson wrote:
In post 3671, insomnia wrote:Being a jerk is not alignment indicative.

No, but if you aren't scum here, maybe you'll look back on this game and realize that you got yourself lynched as an un-cc'd doc entirely because you're a toxic fucking asshole who is no fun to play with.

Eat rope and never play a game with me again.

VOTE: insomnia


Damn. Carl got real.
Show

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Completed Newbie Games