Newbie 1949 - Game Over!

Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum

Pronoun: He

Post Post #375  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:21 am

In post 369, Datisi wrote:@Billy
In post 348, Billy Pilgrim wrote:@Mena, given that you're townreading Dat, and Dat has some experience with Claim, why do you have a different read there? Also, how do you feel about Claim's explanation for the vote?

You're townreading me as well. If I suddenly said that I now think Claim is 100% conftown, would you sheep me?

Would I sheep you? No. But would I reevaluate my case on him in light of your position? Definitely. Would that look like I was sheeping you? Possibly. I'm not asking him to sheep you, but it's strange that the two people with experience with Claim as town are saying there's something different with his play, yet Mena is townleaning him. He had me read as in his scumpool, so it makes sense why he wouldn't put much faith in my read, but he has you in his town pool, so I don't know why he isn't putting more faith in the experiential reads of the players he is reading as town.

Menalque
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #376  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:28 am

I mean you already got part of it in

But also town!grimm should prob be more suspicious of the others on his wagon, feels like an attempt to swing the aggro off him by putting you and billy as “conf!town”

Plus I feel like he’s kinda copying me stylistically, which I think is plausible from newb!scum thinking that imitating someone’s town game (esp when my town game here has got me away from L-1) will lead to them being townread for doing the same things: see “For when Grimmbat the Tragically Misunderstood Townie is lynched”

And on that point of imitating me, I feel like the whole “lynch menalque D2” thing is imitating me when I was talking about how korina should be lynched D2 when I was at L-1 earlier. And the thing about bringing up the time (next 12 hrs). And trying to say the hammer is susp.

Plus the aggro against me (“fuck him”) I think is more likely to be scum frustrated at being caught than town. I think town would put more effort into fighting me here and into defending itself

ClaimNow
Goon

Post Post #377  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:28 am

@Billy Wait, I didn't have you in my scum pool. I had you in null.

Menalque
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #378  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:34 am

P sure billy is talking about me

Menalque
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #379  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:35 am

Also I don’t think you’re scum atm billy

skitter30
Best Performance: Mafia
Best Performance: Mafia

Pronoun: She

Post Post #380  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:16 am

Vote Count 1.9grimmbat (4) ~ menalque, datisi, claimnow, billy pilgrim

menalque (2) ~ korina, grimmbat

billy pilgrim (1) ~ creature

claimnow (1) ~ rosterfoster

not voting (1) ~ aaronfrost

deadline: (expired on 2019-08-19 22:00:00)

mod notes
- joined mod iso
- korina is vla until thursday
Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead. ~ NMSA

AaronFrost
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:36 am

In post 367, Datisi wrote:@Aaron
In post 352, AaronFrost wrote: Why be cautious with your voting? If you feel like someone is scum, vote for them and put pressure on them.
---
Right now I'm leaning towards Grimm or Claim, especially Grimm.

If you're leaning towards Grimm atm, why not give intent then?

Btw most (if not all) of the links in your post seem to be broken.

Just wanted to give some more time for the day since we're still about 5 and a half days before the deadline and there was still plenty of discussion going on. Plus I would like to hear why Creature thinks this is going to be a mislynch.

Ah shit my bad.

I think Grimm should claim now btw. I don't think he's in any danger of being lolhammered but just in case I think it's better he claim at L-1.

Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:35 am

In post 377, ClaimNow wrote:@Billy Wait, I didn't have you in my scum pool. I had you in null.

I gotta get better with pronouns. Mena is correct; I was talking about Mena, not you Claim.

Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:39 am

In post 381, AaronFrost wrote:
In post 352, AaronFrost wrote: Why be cautious with your voting? If you feel like someone is scum, vote for them and put pressure on them.
---

Standard practice is not to claim unless someone has claimed intent. This didn't sound like you were claiming intent, are you?

Just wanted to give some more time for the day since we're still about 5 and a half days before the deadline and there was still plenty of discussion going on. Plus I would like to hear why Creature thinks this is going to be a mislynch.

Ah shit my bad.

I think Grimm should claim now btw. I don't think he's in any danger of being lolhammered but just in case I think it's better he claim at L-1.

Datisi
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:52 am

Uhhh
Billy, is there a point to ? Why did you just quote Aaron's post?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.” ~Menalque

Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:54 am

I thought I typed a response. I meant to tell him that standard practice is not to claim at L-1 but to wait for someone to claim intent to hammer. Then I meant to ask if Aaron was giving intent.

Don't know why that happened that way.

Datisi
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:55 am

In post 383, Billy Pilgrim wrote:
In post 381, AaronFrost wrote:
---

Standard practice is not to claim unless someone has claimed intent. This didn't sound like you were claiming intent, are you?

Ah shit my bad.

Oops, nevermind, I didn't see that at first
pedit: yeah, just realized you typed it inside the quote
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.” ~Menalque

Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:04 pm

Although thats my fault for typing it in the wrong place or not making that clear. I only play this game on my phone so sorry about that. It leads to mistakes like this.

Korina
Recruiter

Post Post #388  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:47 pm

Just got back, I'll reply tomorrow though. Currently dealing with a migraine.
Grand Idea uPick: D2 | EISAL v2 is accepting pre-ins, backup mod, and reviewers! (2/10 Pre-Ins)

GTKAS
#CultsArentBastard #CultIsBestFaction #MoreCultGames #KorinaIsBestestBoye

AaronFrost
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:10 pm

I'll go ahead and state my intent to hammer now.

Before I do though I'd like to hear from Creature and let Korina get caught up as well.

Menalque
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #390  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:44 pm

In post 387, Billy Pilgrim wrote:Although thats my fault for typing it in the wrong place or not making that clear. I only play this game on my phone so sorry about that. It leads to mistakes like this.

I mostly play on mobile too, and this is why I hate long posts vs lots of shorter ones

AaronFrost
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:48 pm

I can't stand playing on mobile. It's much easier to play on PC. Plus if I'm ever in a situation where I'd have to use mobile, it's usually when I'm not home and can't focus on the game anyways.

rosterfoster
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:51 pm

In post 390, Menalque wrote:I mostly play on mobile too, and this is why I hate long posts vs lots of shorter ones

...says the person who was making lots of long posts :P

I am very opposed to this grimms lynch, but you seem to be achieving it through sheer force of personality

Korina
Recruiter

Post Post #393  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:32 pm

I fucking sat at my computer for 30min trying to figure out what I needed to reply to before giving up because my mood is shot to hell for whatever reason. Unless there's something that someone urgently wants me to reply to, I'm fine with a Grim lynch.

Grim, please claim.
Grand Idea uPick: D2 | EISAL v2 is accepting pre-ins, backup mod, and reviewers! (2/10 Pre-Ins)

GTKAS
#CultsArentBastard #CultIsBestFaction #MoreCultGames #KorinaIsBestestBoye

Menalque
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #394  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:32 pm

In post 392, rosterfoster wrote:
In post 390, Menalque wrote:I mostly play on mobile too, and this is why I hate long posts vs lots of shorter ones

I am very opposed to this grimms lynch, but you seem to be achieving it through sheer force of personality

If town are being dumb and trying to mislynch me then yes, I’ll get on my laptop and use it to post cases/longer stuff

The rest of the time I’m on mobile and generally p concise

I’m achieving it because other people are able to read his posts and see how scummy he is

For someone who is “very opposed” you don’t seem to be doing a whole lot to try and stop it

If you really think this is town getting mislynched, why aren’t you trying to prevent it? My guess is that it’s bc you know it’s flipping scum and you don’t want the associationals of hard defending scum when the lynch is prob happening anyway

rosterfoster
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:08 pm

In post 394, Menalque wrote:If town are being dumb and trying to mislynch me then yes, I’ll get on my laptop and use it to post cases/longer stuff

The rest of the time I’m on mobile and generally p concise

I’m achieving it because other people are able to read his posts and see how scummy he is

For someone who is “very opposed” you don’t seem to be doing a whole lot to try and stop it

If you really think this is town getting mislynched, why aren’t you trying to prevent it? My guess is that it’s bc you know it’s flipping scum and you don’t want the associationals of hard defending scum when the lynch is prob happening anyway

I have never been particularly good at singlehandedly stopping lynches. I have been trying, but you are a much stronger force than me, I'm afraid.

Menalque
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #396  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:01 pm

What do you think of creature, roster?

Menalque
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #397  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:02 pm

Also I don’t think you have been, and I think that’s a cop out

Menalque
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #398  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:04 pm

Also not a reason to not try

If I was in a game with let’s say RC and I thought he was wrong then I would fight him on the lynch. Sure, I’d lose, but I’d still fight him

If you think I’m leading a mislynch, I really don’t get why town!you isn’t even trying to prevent it

Menalque
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #399  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:06 pm

In post 338, rosterfoster wrote:Inconsistency is townie (or at least not scummy). I don’t really see why Grimms was lying?

I think claims is scum-under-the-radar and menalque is probably town for the effort put into this way of arguing.

VOTE: claims

In post 346, rosterfoster wrote:
In post 344, Menalque wrote:Plus I think you’re prob a good enough player to not believe what you just said about grimm’s inconsistency being towny.

I think I improved in a player when I began trying to understand inconsistencies (and by no means am I perfect at this) - scum do tend to be more consistent.

That being said, I don’t want to speak for grimms, but the 25% hammerer scum thing appeared to me to be against you saying 1000% lynch anyone who quickhammers - this sort of thing comes from town more often than you think.

If I were scum with Grimms I would try to deflect the wagon much more subtly, rather than outright defending the case.

In post 392, rosterfoster wrote:

Bc with all due respect this doesn’t really count as trying in my book, at least not when there’s pretty compelling reasons to read him as scum

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Completed Newbie Games