Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (isolation #1) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:47 pm

Post by Yodavader »

@72: Plus, I have Yoda in my name, so that must mean that I'm cute and lovable and would hurt no one ever, unless you are trying to hurt my dad and then I will force choke the crap out of you
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (isolation #2) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:51 pm

Post by Yodavader »

In post 23, Royee wrote:
In post 15, dsjstr wrote:L-2 btw
Doesn't matter I can unvote.
In post 16, Formerfish wrote:
In post 9, Royee wrote:
In post 8, NDMath wrote:
In post 7, Royee wrote:ah 10 days for a whole day, who would have thought so.
How long do you think it should be? Shorter or Longer?

VOTE: dsjstr
I think it should be shorter since I hate long games.
Lol you picked the wrong se to play with if you don't like long games

Quake with fear and then urinate in your seat.
Actually I think this site might suit my playstyle. 10 days for a day means less stress. Less stress means less posts. In a 48 hours day game, I find myself waking in the morning just to find more 20 pages to read and catch up. It drops my WIM to zero.
In post 18, Alexcellent wrote:What kind of maf experience do you have Royee?
Wdym by experience?
Unless you are playing in a large game. My last game that just finished would have me waking up to 5-10 pages, even with it being like D3. It was quite overwhelming for me.

And by experience, I think they are asking how many games of Mafia have you played, both IRL and on the forums.
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (isolation #3) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:53 pm

Post by Yodavader »

In post 25, Royee wrote:I have heard that the new star wars is crap.
Is that right yoda?
I haven't seen ROS yet. I'm not a real big Star Wars fan. I watched it but never really got into it too much but I really liked Rogue One and Mandalorian. I felt the first two of this trilogy were just poorly rehashes of the Original Trilogy.
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (isolation #4) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:53 pm

Post by Yodavader »

I'll reserve judgement for when/if I see it.
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (isolation #5) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:37 pm

Post by Yodavader »

In post 29, 72offsuit wrote:
In post 24, Yodavader wrote:@72: Plus, I have Yoda in my name, so that must mean that I'm cute and lovable and would hurt no one ever, unless you are trying to hurt my dad and then I will force choke the crap out of you
Overly defensive, plus a threat to my life! Scum found already - gee I'm good at this game :)

Who is your partner in crime? *uses Jedi mind persuasion trick*
Are you trying to say that you would hurt my dad? You monster. That must mean that you are scum. I is smrt
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (isolation #6) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:03 pm

Post by Yodavader »

In post 36, 72offsuit wrote:
VOTE: Yodavader
Close. Use v, instead of b. B bolds it, V bolds and highlights.
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (isolation #7) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:05 pm

Post by Yodavader »

Though just looking at the rules, bold works too, so Imma gonna keep my mouth shut now
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (isolation #8) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:17 am

Post by Yodavader »

I love Bang. I have the Bullet.
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (isolation #9) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:56 am

Post by Yodavader »

Nah, I like you Fish. The one game I played with you, you had a great gambit and I still applaud you for it.
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (isolation #10) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:07 am

Post by Yodavader »

In post 51, Formerfish wrote:Which one was that? I've had so many good ones this year.
Newbie 1962. Day 2, you claimed Doc and got counterclaimed by masons.
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (isolation #11) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:43 pm

Post by Yodavader »

In post 60, 72offsuit wrote:
In post 58, mercutio wrote:
In post 57, Micc wrote:
mercutio replaces RS, who never picked up their Role PM.
Hi, that's me!

Replacing in is a little more exciting of an entrance than I thought I'd get so if you all feel moved to applaud I will understand.

I'll be catching up on the thread later tonight, but a little bit about me: as a teenager I used to play a lot of mafia and other such games online but mafiascum wasn't for me because of the slow pace. Now I'm a full-ass adult (they let me teach high school for some unknown reason!) and everything I do is slow, and I thought I'd try my hand at getting back into fun internet games.

Looking forward to meeting you all!
Hi mercutio, welcome.
Thanks for replacing in to the game.

Just a few questions for you:
1) Do you prefer playing as a member of the town or mafia team?
2) What do you think of OMGUS votes?
Why not ask these questions to all players instead of incoming players?
In post 62, dsjstr wrote:I don't think it is a bad idea to pressure the lynch, because the other two SE's are on it and the blatantly friendly relationship yoda has for former. I think there could potentially be some useful information we could get out of that. That's just my thoughts on the matter at this second, I learned D1 I tend to change opinions.
I wouldn't say that my relationship with Fish is friendly. I have just played a game with him. I've also finished a game with Egix, so there's that too.

How many games has everyone played with each other? Don't need exact numbers, just a rough guess will do. As for me, those 2 are the only ones I have had a past game with. Everyone else is new to me.
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (isolation #12) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:44 pm

Post by Yodavader »

Oh yeah, Happy Cake Day Alex.
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (isolation #13) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:52 pm

Post by Yodavader »

In post 52, 72offsuit wrote:Indeed, very difficult to hide as scum when you are constantly under pressure to post and contribute to discussion - eventually scum slips up the majority of the time
Adding to this, what does everyone think about Lynch All Lurkers? I know it's very early in the game and this shouldn't be a problem right now but I just want to see what the general consensus is.

Admittedly, if you look at my 3 other games on this site, I was always the one with the lowest post count. Usually well under the number of the Mod, themselves, until closer to the end of the game. That being said, I am trying to talk more so we'll see how this plays out.
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (isolation #14) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:14 pm

Post by Yodavader »

On D1, I don't mind taking people to L-1 but if anyone hammers without acknowledging that they are going to hammer (lolhammers/quickhammers), I automatically scum read the hammerer. So for now, I'll play along.

VOTE: Fish
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (isolation #15) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:16 pm

Post by Yodavader »

Agreed
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (isolation #16) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:18 pm

Post by Yodavader »

As for 72's questions:

1) I think I prefer to play as scum. Being deceitful can be fun and in my last game, watching town implode was hilarious.
2) Depends on the situation and who is doing the OMGUS. If it's a newbie, then it's fine. If it's someone who I think should know better, then it could be AI.
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (isolation #17) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:10 pm

Post by Yodavader »

In post 86, Formerfish wrote:
In post 76, Yodavader wrote:On D1, I don't mind taking people to L-1 but if anyone hammers without acknowledging that they are going to hammer (lolhammers/quickhammers), I automatically scum read the hammerer. So for now, I'll play along.

Cool. Who's my counterwagon going to be? I still like the guy who self voted and then replaced out, so I'm sticking there. Who's with me!?!
I'm sure a counterwagon will organically appear, though that's not a bad place to start.
In post 95, 72offsuit wrote:
In post 87, dsjstr wrote:The preview button helps a lot, I have to say I am so much more engaged than the first game I played.
What does the preview button do?
The preview button will show you what the post will look like before it actually posts, so you can make sure the post looks like what you want it to look like. That way, you can play around with quotes and spoiler tags and all that jazz.
In post 96, 72offsuit wrote:
In post 84, Formerfish wrote:
In post 75, 72offsuit wrote:
In post 74, dsjstr wrote:I don't think the wagon is good, one of the SE's said that. I think it could give information which would benefit the town.
If you think ithe wagon will give useful information, does this not define a good wagon then?
No, mislynches are bad, but then can give info.

Policy lynches are bad and also give no info.

I sort of agree sort of disagree.
Certain policy lynches are bad as they are random and more of a scapegoat vote - eg on epicmafia mafia games there tends to be a " lynch the no avi (avatar) " policy lynch.

In situations where i am devoid of any genuine scum/town reads i AM more inclined in general to pressure and subsequently vote for players who appear not to be good at scumhunting / who seem will not be helpful to town.
I'm not a fan of policy lynches, but sometimes, they have to be done to keep the game moving. But it depends on what the policy is.
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (isolation #18) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:23 pm

Post by Yodavader »

In post 100, Non lmh wrote:so annoying, why is a new player with no meta playing leader!!
gonna read up on SE's, will rejoin later with a more suitable persona
kbye
Who do you think is playing the leader?
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (isolation #19) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:30 pm

Post by Yodavader »

In post 105, Egix96 wrote:
In post 66, Yodavader wrote:
In post 52, 72offsuit wrote:Indeed, very difficult to hide as scum when you are constantly under pressure to post and contribute to discussion - eventually scum slips up the majority of the time
Adding to this, what does everyone think about Lynch All Lurkers? I know it's very early in the game and this shouldn't be a problem right now but I just want to see what the general consensus is.

Admittedly, if you look at my 3 other games on this site, I was always the one with the lowest post count. Usually well under the number of the Mod, themselves, until closer to the end of the game. That being said, I am trying to talk more so we'll see how this plays out.
Considering that I do sometimes have a tendency to lurk in games, I think that it would be quite hypocritical of me to be a proponent of such a strategy. I think that lurking townies can still towntell (recent example: Ben H in Mini2106) so sometimes it's best to let them have their time in the sun and try to lynch actually scummy players instead :]
Totally understand. As I stated, I lurk a lot but now, I'm trying the talking thing and see how I like it. Hopefully if we have to come to LAL, we'll have enough info from everyone to actually make an educated guess versus just going with that policy.
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (isolation #20) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:43 pm

Post by Yodavader »

In post 111, Formerfish wrote:Everyone confirmed but this game is still a snoozer. Whose taint do I have to tickle to get some action going in here? I'm game for whatever, let's get fucking weird.
I volunteer as tribute.
In post 115, Formerfish wrote:
In post 112, dsjstr wrote:
In post 108, Non lmh wrote:ngl, gun-to-head, dsj/egi could be a thing just from first glance
past 1am here, bye for reals, gn everyone
Very progressive thinking! But for the record I don't swing that way.
I feel like this is a bit of a dodge. Like instead of addressing the individual reads or the linking of the two slots Jstr makes a joke about gay relationships and that's it.

VOTE: Jstr

We got ourselves a new wagon target folks, let's start this train a rollin'
I'll sheep. VOTE: DJ. That should be L-1

Don't hammer unless you state you intend to hammer, or else you will be my main target tomorrow.
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (isolation #21) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:44 pm

Post by Yodavader »

EBWOP: should be VOTE: DS Damn too many letters.
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (isolation #22) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:32 pm

Post by Yodavader »

This is what I wanted to happen. I wanted to see your reaction, plus the other people's reactions. I still am saying that if anyone hammers without stating intent, then they will become my top scumread.
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (isolation #23) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:10 pm

Post by Yodavader »

In post 134, dsjstr wrote:Merc has been lurking, Math voted for me durring RVS, you were already a wagon that got disbanded. The vote on yoda was purely emotional, but I do think that BW is a sign of mafia. In my last game both of the mafia were BW the first day, then lynched days 2 and 3.
Each situation can be different. For me, D1 early wagons are mostly NAI. I don't ever expect the early wagons to actually reach lynch. At least not until we all have had a chance to talk about things.

And wagoning has to happen for the game to move forward. Everything has a purpose and gives information. Both lynches and mislynches moves town forward to find scum. And these lynches won't happen if people don't bandwagon.
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (isolation #24) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:24 am

Post by Yodavader »

In post 145, Egix96 wrote:
In post 119, dsjstr wrote:I think the unvote was good, people had been voting then not saying L-2 so if someone put FF at L-1 without claiming it the mafia could have "accidentally lynched him". He brings up a good point about math but its still too early for me to really get a clear read on him. I would say that 72offsuit actively trying to solve the game and acts like everyone is suspicious makes him seem town.
I agree that 72off is prob town.
In post 120, mercutio wrote:
1. I prefer Town. It's more fun to have to deduce things than it is to try and manipulate people. I think it's also harder, and I enjoy the challenge.
I'm like this too, except that I find scumming to be more difficult.
I know this was from back on page 3, but as I read the thread, this post kept nagging at me. I'm not a fan of the soft support of pressuring a wagon without actually putting your vote on it. It feels less like actually wanting to gain information from pressuring a wagon and more like wanting to talk about putting votes onto someone without actually getting your hands dirty.
^ I think this is a good point
I haven't picked up on any scumminess from Formerfish, and I don't really see why he was the first wagon to run up?
Alex RVS-voted him, then I sheeped Alex, then Yoda joined in as well but I don't recall why
Right now, I am just joining wagons for the sake of joining wagons. I do not expect those wagons to actually be in real danger of going to lynch but hoping that information comes out of it. Once we start to get rolling, then the real game begins.
In post 146, NDMath wrote:
In post 113, 72offsuit wrote: I was more querying the timing of your read, and it being a townread.

the mafia already have information, whereas town are in the dark so obviously the more information the better. Certainly letting town know where you stand regarding scum suspicions is important, to prevent scum from being able to just hedge their bets and just vote for the easier lynch.

Why do you think mafia are more likely to have 'the gist" than town?
I don't understand what's wrong with a townread? Mafia is presumably looking for who has the most accurate reads and its hard for town to interpret given the variability of two scum.
In post 127, dsjstr wrote:Yoda how can you change votes so easily, without knowing who the town is?
Someone explain to me what this question is/was trying to ask.
I'm assuming they are trying to figure out why I am wagon jumping.
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (isolation #25) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:57 pm

Post by Yodavader »

First off, UNVOTE:
In post 150, mercutio wrote:
Yodavader, post 131 wrote:This is what I wanted to happen. I wanted to see your reaction, plus the other people's reactions. I still am saying that if anyone hammers without stating intent, then they will become my top scumread.
Care to elaborate on your read of the reactions so far?
In post 126, dsjstr wrote:Actually I looked it up and I guess it is sheeping, I was using the term incorrectly in my last game, either way you don't take someone to L-1 because of sheeping when there is over 8 days left for D1. If this is why I get lynched I'm actually going to be a little upset.

VOTE: Yodavader
Even before seeing DS's claim, I felt that this was a valid newb!town response. And before anyone asks, I didn't take my vote off of him after coming to that conclusion because I wanted to see if other people would react to someone actually being at L-1.
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (isolation #26) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:01 pm

Post by Yodavader »

Also, I do believe the claim. This early in the game, it would be easier and safer for scum to claim VT, so I am putting DS in the conf!town section.
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (isolation #27) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:11 pm

Post by Yodavader »

In post 156, Formerfish wrote:
In post 153, dsjstr wrote:I had made a rule that I was only allowed to unvote, which I followed perfectly might I add. If a counter wagon was to form the 5 people who have said that I looked scummy are the people who have been active, I would think that the other three would think I am also scummy when ever they join. I really don't know where to start just because of how quickly everyone supported this wagon.
You made a rule you can only unvote? What?

Intent to hammer. Let's get a claim out of you Jstr.
I don't know how I feel about this statement.

If it was just "intent to hammer", then I could see it as NAI. In my last game, we had a player replace in and someone told them that their slot was at L-1 with an intent to hammer even though they weren't near that stage just to scare the incoming player to claim so that we could compare the claim with the replaced player's claim.

I feel that the second part of the statement "Let's get a claim out of you" is scummy only because it sounds like fishing to me.

So, placeholder vote goes to VOTE: Fish

PEDIT:
I do like Fish but that doesn't mean that we are/aren't on the same side.
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (isolation #28) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:13 pm

Post by Yodavader »

That PEDIT was for DS's 180
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (isolation #29) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:18 pm

Post by Yodavader »

In post 173, Formerfish wrote:
In post 169, Alexcellent wrote:What does everyone think of this claim?
We take it for what it is because even if he's scum lying and we actually have a tracker they shouldn't out, nor should town PRS who can contradict Jstrs claim with other roles.
Though I do agree with this.

If someone can CC, whether it be because you are the tracker or your role makes it impossible for a tracker to be in the game, don't out yourself.

But as I stated before, it would be much safer for scum to claim VT than a PR. Well, at least this early in the game.
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (isolation #30) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:37 pm

Post by Yodavader »

Man, now I know how everyone else I played with feels regarding low post count players. This is torture trying to start a list when you have little to no information.

To everyone I have played with before, I apologize.
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (isolation #31) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:39 pm

Post by Yodavader »

Normally, I would probably have about 8-12 posts by this time in the game. A few posts a day, pop in to make a statement and then peace out until the next day (or two).
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (isolation #32) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:07 am

Post by Yodavader »

I can see what you mean by that.
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (isolation #33) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:21 am

Post by Yodavader »

In post 196, NDMath wrote:
In post 169, Alexcellent wrote:What does everyone think of this claim?
I dislike it but obviously don't hang him.
UNVOTE: Dsj
Why don't you like it? Is there a reason you think that DS might be lying?
Formerfish wrote:Also means that we have either a Jailkeeper or a doctor.

If we have a Jailkeeper they should be trying to stop the kill by picking scum.

If we have a doctor the doctor should either be on Jstr or maybe not? Wifom of course means that scum will be forced to not kill Jstr to make sure their kill goes through.

No other prs should out themselves. And if for some shit reason the next person run up is the other or don't say which one please.
If the other person is the jk they can just say it (if at L-1 and intent to hammer)? Because the mafia would already know it's a jk.
I don't understand what you are trying to say here. Please explain a little more for me.
72offsuit wrote:
In post 148, NDMath wrote:Reads right now
Townlean Yoda alex Former 72 Egix Merc Imh Dsj Scumlean

Yoda's posts are coming off as more genuine(?) than the others. Genuine as in it feels in line with what he as town would probably be thinking.
Can you repost this with scum reads and town reads on seperate lines?
Its all on one line so i must b interpreting it wrong but every1 is a town read and noone is a sumread
It had been a scale that went from most townie on the left to most scummy on the right.[/quote]
I did understand how your townreads were listed. Most people post vertically, so I think that was where the confusion came from.
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (isolation #34) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:21 am

Post by Yodavader »

dang it, missed the last quotation.
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (isolation #35) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:17 am

Post by Yodavader »

Placeholder vote basically means that I am actively looking for a better option but I wouldn't be upset if the person did get lynched.

Yes, it is very gambity but I feel that's just the way that Fish plays. And I have seen deceptive play from town used to gather information and also try to catch scum napping.
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (isolation #36) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:37 am

Post by Yodavader »

I have a straight up null read on Merc because there is nothing to read.

I don't know how to read into NDMath's thought process about the JK . Once that gets cleared up, then I might swing one way or the other. For now, I give him a slight townlean but barely.
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (isolation #37) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:43 am

Post by Yodavader »

In post 175, Formerfish wrote:Also means that we have either a Jailkeeper or a doctor.

If we have a Jailkeeper they should be trying to stop the kill by picking scum.

If we have a doctor the doctor should either be on Jstr or maybe not? Wifom of course means that scum will be forced to not kill Jstr to make sure their kill goes through.

No other prs should out themselves. And if for some shit reason the next person run up is the other or don't say which one please.
Going back to the setup post, we could also have a Neighbor.
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (isolation #38) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:24 am

Post by Yodavader »

Agreed. I just find it a bit strange for an SE to miss that. Granted it's probably just an honest mistake.
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (isolation #39) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:53 am

Post by Yodavader »

Yeah
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (isolation #40) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:38 pm

Post by Yodavader »

In post 214, Egix96 wrote:
In post 182, Yodavader wrote:I feel that the second part of the statement "Let's get a claim out of you" is scummy only because it sounds like fishing to me.
I'm note sure how else he could've phrased it tbh.
I know. I guess I just felt like it was an unnecessary statement.
In post 216, Egix96 wrote:
In post 192, Alexcellent wrote:I don't play that often, is town meta now all about tricking people into claiming asap or something? Feels not very town motivated
I think that fakehammering people to trick them into outing their true role is something that's been being utilised a lot lately
I know that's not quite the same thing as what happened here but the core idea is the same
Normally, I would say that fakehammering and other deceitful moves are very scummy but I have seen a town player use underhanded moves as I stated before. I don't really like it but I guess it's a good way to see if scum slips up. In Big 4 Mafia, Day 2 (I think) had a town player fake an intent to hammer on an incoming replacement player to see what would happen. And then during Mylo, a town player fakehammered which actually helped scum win. Of course, in that game, I was the scum and literally 10 minutes away from selfhammering to help out my fellow scum when he came in and saved my ass.
In post 229, dsjstr wrote:When you say they are playing into scum hands do you mean my hand? I completely agreed that a scum wouldn't be pushing early which is why I made the comment that you looked scum only because you targeted a PR. But if I was a mafia why would I claim a PR when it could get CC'd immediately. I basically killed myself tonight... I clearly am not the best at this game because I just started, I can't tell if you over/under estimating my ability. You basically forced me to put you at L-1. I really would have rather put pressure on someone who hasn't spoken much. If you still thought it was me why are you not voting me? FUCK you were 1 of 3 people I thought could be the other PR.

VOTE: FormerFish

L-1
but I do think people are just saying what looks good. What I mean by that is that Former looks bad because he made a PR reveal, and that people are going to agree with me because I outed as a PR.
I don't see how he was targetting a PR. I didn't see any indication from you that you were a PR and I felt that Fish just got lucky. Unless you crumbed somewhere that I didn't catch.
In post 231, Formerfish wrote:Yoda's placeholder vote on me feels a little more suspect right now on second thought.
I am still suspect of Fish but since the day is still young and I would still like to hear from the lurkers, I will UNVOTE: . I guess doing a placeholder vote is a bad thing, so I will keep it to myself until I am ready.
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (isolation #41) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:29 pm

Post by Yodavader »

In post 233, dsjstr wrote:First off why are you unvoting Fish when you were on me L-1 for some stuff that was involved with RVS?
In post 234, dsjstr wrote:
In post 76, Yodavader wrote:On D1, I don't mind taking people to L-1 but if anyone hammers without acknowledging that they are going to hammer (lolhammers/quickhammers), I automatically scum read the hammerer. So for now, I'll play along.

You were willing to do it before why not now?
We already have Fish's reaction to being put on L-1. Plus, I actually feel that he will get hammered before he needs to be or at least before we get reactions from the lurkers. Now, if this was closer to lynch day, then my vote would stay. I will jump on any wagon if we were closer to lynch day to make sure we get a lynch, to include self hammering.
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (isolation #42) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:35 pm

Post by Yodavader »

I thought he was at L-1. My bad.
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (isolation #43) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:39 pm

Post by Yodavader »

But I believe I have the info I currently think I need on Fish for now.
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (isolation #44) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:19 am

Post by Yodavader »

In post 239, dsjstr wrote:One minute after I said that Fish was L-2 you made a comment, I just can't see how you didn't know. Even still why are you willing to push me to L-1 but now you aren't.
Why I'm not willing to push Fish to L-1 or you to L-1? The way the question sounds, it makes it sound like I should be pushing you to L-1.

Assuming that you meant Fish to L-1, see below (I finished that portion first.)

Assuming you meant yourself, I believe your claim as tracker so I have no reason to push you anymore. At least not right now.
In post 240, 72offsuit wrote:
-snip

@ Yoda, how does this placeholder vote differ to your vote on DSJ?

-snip-
I'm assuming that you are asking me this question and not just jotting down notes.

At that point in the game, I never felt that DS was in any real danger of being lynched. I was looking for reactions from everyone.

My placeholder vote was there because I was happy with a Fish lynch but I removed it because I didn't feel that he was the best lynch without everyone chiming in. When he got up to L-1, I actually felt that he could have been lynched prematurely. Don't get me wrong, I would still be okay with a Fish lynch but I want to get some input from the others first.
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (isolation #45) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:40 am

Post by Yodavader »

In post 259, dsjstr wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 252, Yodavader wrote:
In post 239, dsjstr wrote:One minute after I said that Fish was L-2 you made a comment, I just can't see how you didn't know. Even still why are you willing to push me to L-1 but now you aren't.
Why I'm not willing to push Fish to L-1 or you to L-1? The way the question sounds, it makes it sound like I should be pushing you to L-1.

Assuming that you meant Fish to L-1, see below (I finished that portion first.)

Assuming you meant yourself, I believe your claim as tracker so I have no reason to push you anymore. At least not right now.
In post 240, 72offsuit wrote:
-snip

@ Yoda, how does this placeholder vote differ to your vote on DSJ?

-snip-
I'm assuming that you are asking me this question and not just jotting down notes.

At that point in the game, I never felt that DS was in any real danger of being lynched. I was looking for reactions from everyone.

My placeholder vote was there because I was happy with a Fish lynch but I removed it because I didn't feel that he was the best lynch without everyone chiming in. When he got up to L-1, I actually felt that he could have been lynched prematurely. Don't get me wrong, I would still be okay with a Fish lynch but I want to get some input from the others first.

People have defended Former including myself, no one did that for me when I was L-1. What makes you think he has a chance of being lynched?
This is his second time being close to lynch. He's had more of a scum vibe so far than others, mostly because there are a good number of people who aren't participating. I can see someone coming in and parrot someone else's thoughts and lynch him. That's why I would prefer him to stay at L-2 because I don't trust the quiet ones.

Depending on how I'm feeling towards other wagons, should they form, will determine if I prefer them at L-2 or L-1. Once we get information and input from everyone, then I would be okay with moving forwards.
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (isolation #46) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:08 am

Post by Yodavader »

Agreed. No need to talk about PR's. Gives scum a chance to figure out who is what.
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (isolation #47) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:12 am

Post by Yodavader »

In post 261, dsjstr wrote:I'm against going for someone who hasn't spoken much just because I suspect the other PR is hiding there. Not being an obvious town in order to not get NK'd. Luckily there are 5 so we can test our luck but I don't think we should go after all of them.
But scum hides in lurking too, hoping that we take each other out without them having to put out any effort. I could imagine 1 scum hiding in the lurk.
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (isolation #48) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:57 am

Post by Yodavader »

In post 267, Alexcellent wrote:
In post 235, Yodavader wrote:
In post 233, dsjstr wrote:First off why are you unvoting Fish when you were on me L-1 for some stuff that was involved with RVS?

We already have Fish's reaction to being put on L-1. Plus, I actually feel that he will get hammered before he needs to be or at least before we get reactions from the lurkers. Now, if this was closer to lynch day, then my vote would stay. I will jump on any wagon if we were closer to lynch day to make sure we get a lynch, to include self hammering.
Who do you think would have been likely to hammer Fish there?
Any of the lurkers. Heck anyone who wasn't voting for Fish. Hell, I would believe that Fish would hammer himself if he wanted to. I just didn't want to get near that until we heard from everyone.

As for the hammertest, I know it's a part of the game and I null read those.

Non sounds like a possessed pokemon trainer. Please tell me someone knows what I'm talking about.

And it is hard trying to understand what Non is saying with his little blurbs
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (isolation #49) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:30 pm

Post by Yodavader »

I don't know what is going on with Non but from what I can gather from his responses, there is a lot of dodging. It could be that I still can't fully understand his responses. I also have intent to hammer.
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (isolation #50) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:31 pm

Post by Yodavader »

@Mod: Can I get an official VC, please?
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (isolation #51) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:17 am

Post by Yodavader »

In post 328, Alexcellent wrote:
In post 302, Yodavader wrote:
In post 267, Alexcellent wrote:
In post 235, Yodavader wrote:

Who do you think would have been likely to hammer Fish there?
Any of the lurkers. Heck anyone who wasn't voting for Fish. Hell, I would believe that Fish would hammer himself if he wanted to. I just didn't want to get near that until we heard from everyone.

As for the hammertest, I know it's a part of the game and I null read those.

Non sounds like a possessed pokemon trainer. Please tell me someone knows what I'm talking about.

And it is hard trying to understand what Non is saying with his little blurbs
I think at this point a quickhammer isn't a big risk. If someone quickhammers it just makes them dodgy tomorrow and I would not expect Fish to self-hammer. Do you think he would more likely self-hammer as town or scum?
From what I know for Fish, he could be any alignment and he would self hammer. Though the only time I have seen someone actually self hammer was scum on a day that we quickly started looking at him. He self hammered to stop the day talk and go into night for his scum buddy. I don't know if Fish is scum or not but I could see him do it if he feels that's the right play, though I don't know what his idea of "the right play" would be.
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (isolation #52) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:23 am

Post by Yodavader »

In post 326, Micc wrote:
Votecount 1.09
Non Imh (4) -
NDMath, Egix96, dsjstr, Non Imh
Formerfish (2) -
Alexcellent, 72offsuit
Alexcellent (1) -
Formerfish

Not Voting (2) -
Yodavader, mercutio

With 9 players alive it takes 5 votes to lynch.

The deadline for Day 1 is in (expired on 2020-01-11 20:30:00).
In post 334, Alexcellent wrote:@Yoda, could I get your reads too?
All of these are in no particular order except by which group they are in (just because someone is higher than another in that group does not necessarily mean they are higher in my town reads):

Conf Town: no one yet

High town lean:
DS

Town lean:
Alex

Slight town lean:
Math

Null:
Merc slot
Egix

Slight Scum lean:
Fish

Hard scum lean:
Non

I don't put myself in reads anymore because people say that it means nothing because you would almost always put yourself as ObvTown.
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (isolation #53) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:24 am

Post by Yodavader »

Oops, VC was just for list of names so I didn't forget anyone.
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (isolation #54) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:26 am

Post by Yodavader »

In post 347, Non lmh wrote:past 3am, passi-
*falls prey to Jedi mind persuasion trick*
VOTE: Tracker?Non
Yet another thing I don't understand from Non
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (isolation #55) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:27 am

Post by Yodavader »

In post 349, 72offsuit wrote:Sigh... Id really like us to wait for mercs replacement before wany more intent to hammers please.
As much as I would like to move forward, I do agree with this. We should wait for Merc's replacement before we hammer.
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (isolation #56) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:55 am

Post by Yodavader »

Welcome GayBabyJailor. Do you prefer to go by Gay Baby, Gay Jailor, or Baby Jailor?
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (isolation #57) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:04 am

Post by Yodavader »

Ugh, forget I said that. I am ashamed of myself.
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (isolation #58) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:41 pm

Post by Yodavader »

Either way, we get a scum lunch. If we lynch one today, the result will tell us if the other is telling the truth. My bet is still on Non. I still believe DS.
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (isolation #59) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:41 pm

Post by Yodavader »

Lynch*. Stupid phone
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (isolation #60) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:35 am

Post by Yodavader »

In post 373, Alexcellent wrote:
Yodavader wrote:Either way, we get a scum lunch. If we lynch one today, the result will tell us if the other is telling the truth. My bet is still on Non. I still believe DS.
I don't think this is correct. They could still both be town. Non claiming mason or whatever he wants to claim right now makes zero sense for either alignment. He's just a troll. Could be scum troll or could be town troll. Only way I'll actually buy the mason claim is if a second mason chimes in to back him up. Also as ds said, if he's actually legit cc'ing then Non voting me doesn't make any sense.
That's true. Well, the only thing I can gather right now is it's very anti-town.
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (isolation #61) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:33 pm

Post by Yodavader »

I'm with everyone here about Non and gbj. I try to come up with a reason that gbj would defend non and so far, I got nothing.

Also, I will be VLA until the 15th. I got vacation approved so I'm taking it. I will still check in from time to time but not be as active.
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #488 (isolation #62) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:54 pm

Post by Yodavader »

In post 455, dsjstr wrote:I guess I'll say it... I saw Yoda visited 72, I was also visited by the neighbor. So we are in a role cop setup.

VOTE: Yoda
VOTE: DS

That's a bold-faced lie. I didn't do anything last night. You were stuck with your tracker claimed and made up results.
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #492 (isolation #63) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:52 am

Post by Yodavader »

So, as town, is it better to lie about having a PR when I don't? How is me saying that I am something that I am not beneficial to town? I am VT but still town. And the game is still young. Why would the PRs out themselves when there is still scum floating around.
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (isolation #64) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:02 pm

Post by Yodavader »

Assuming that I am scum and DS is the tracker, then there is only one correct play. I hope you know what it is.
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (isolation #65) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:27 pm

Post by Yodavader »

In post 497, Formerfish wrote:
In post 495, Yodavader wrote:Assuming that I am scum and DS is the tracker, then there is only one correct play. I hope you know what it is.
Hey look, Yoda telling his partner to kill Jstr tonight! Good deal.

Lets get this lynch done so I can pay attention to more important things.
If I was to tell my partner what to do, wouldn't I do that in the PT and not in public? What I was saying is that there is one correct play for town to do (aside from the lynch).
In post 462, Formerfish wrote:Hey, can you guys unvote for a bit? We have 2 votes on him right now and 2 scum left. All it takes is one more vote for Yoda to be able to self hammer and then we go straight back to night.

We know Yoda is the lynch today, lets look at his iso a bit as a group before we go to sleep for another 2 days.
Also, what happened to using the rest of the day to "find my scum buddy"?
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #502 (isolation #66) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:29 pm

Post by Yodavader »

Seems strange that you all of a sudden want to end the day.
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (isolation #67) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:42 pm

Post by Yodavader »

Here, I'll help you guys out.

VOTE: Yoda
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (isolation #68) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:44 pm

Post by Yodavader »

Come on scumbuddy, here's your chance to hammer.
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #508 (isolation #69) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:01 pm

Post by Yodavader »

So, who's it gonna be? Eenie-meenie-minie-mo...
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #610 (isolation #70) » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:54 am

Post by Yodavader »

Gg everyone. That last day was quite interesting. I am wondering what Fish's trick was though.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”