Newbie 1985 | Penguin's Year | Day 1

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. It is suggested, but not required, that you play your first game here. Signups Here
PenguinPower
.peng

Pronoun: He

Post Post #150  (ISO)  » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:15 pm

Votecount 1.04

bugspray(2) ~ (13), (32)
Luca Blight(1) ~ (29)
dweller(1) ~ (13)
clidd(1) ~ (27)
chazary(1) ~ (9)
Atarashi Hajimari(1) ~ (11)

Not Voting (2): (4), (2)

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

Day 1 deadline is in 5 days, 3 hours, 47 minutes
Team Mafia 2020 | Untrod Tripod Destroys Anime! | Day 5
Newbie 1985 | Penguin’s Year | Day 1

<(") | (")>

Atarashi Hajimari
Townie

Pronoun: They

Post Post #151  (ISO)  » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:17 pm

Also @bugspray

Take your "lack of understanding people" out of the equation for a bit. What are your thoughts on the people in the game? Don't worry so hard on if it makes total sense or not - just do your best to get your thoughts on the page.

Atarashi Hajimari
Townie

Post Post #152  (ISO)  » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:21 pm

Also, UNVOTE: . There's no reason for my rvs vote to still be around.

wilky
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153  (ISO)  » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:33 pm

Sorry guys been a hectic day started work at 5.30 am and just got home now at 8.30pm i'll catch up tomorrow and should be available for a large part of the weekend

bugspray
Goon

Post Post #154  (ISO)  » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:00 pm

ok im gonna check out every iso and make a readlist
i believe this is a game of instinct and intuition and even you can win more by reducing it to set theory id rather have fun if i wanted to not have fun in a game that was reduced to math id choose chess

Atarashi Hajimari
Townie

Post Post #155  (ISO)  » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:11 pm

In post 154, bugspray wrote:ok im gonna check out every iso and make a readlist

Thank you :)

PenguinPower
.peng

Post Post #156  (ISO)  » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:46 pm

Prodding dweller. This is his first prod.

<(") | (")>

dweller
Goon

Post Post #157  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:21 am

I think the interaction between wilky and bugspray was a good way to initiate discussion. But it's quite possible that they both are town and still arguing going with each other. Because I didn't see any bad reasonings.

I know that it's good to recharge and held back a bit. And it's not necessary to respond to every pressure put on you.

I'm sorry for not posting much. will start giving my reads soon.

dweller
Goon

Post Post #158  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:32 am

In post 29, wilky wrote:
In post 26, dweller wrote:UNVOTE:
I just realized bugspray is at L-2.

Is being at L-2 necessarily a bad thing in RVS? Do you fear that if you hadn't voted this would have gotten 2 votes to take it to hammer before then?

Nope. It's not about rvs in general. But by looking at the pressure and suspicions people were having on bugspray. I thought if people will keep voting him as a joke he may be lolhammered.

dweller
Goon

Post Post #159  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:53 am

In post 108, clidd wrote:
In post 54, bugspray wrote:L2 in the noob q is basically same pressure as no votes because people are so scared to go l-1 and see someone accidentally lulhammer

I didn't like your tone here. '' Noob '', in my view, is a pejorative term that aims to demean the type of game in which we are, consequently, denigrating the image of the playerlist indirectly.

I didn't see anything bad in that post. He was just explaining a fact.

Atarashi Hajimari
Townie

Post Post #160  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:46 am

@dweller

So what are your reads? Have you caught up?

bugspray
Goon

Post Post #161  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:30 am

In post 159, dweller wrote:
In post 108, clidd wrote:
In post 54, bugspray wrote:L2 in the noob q is basically same pressure as no votes because people are so scared to go l-1 and see someone accidentally lulhammer

I didn't like your tone here. '' Noob '', in my view, is a pejorative term that aims to demean the type of game in which we are, consequently, denigrating the image of the playerlist indirectly.

I didn't see anything bad in that post. He was just explaining a fact.

my pronoun is they
i believe this is a game of instinct and intuition and even you can win more by reducing it to set theory id rather have fun if i wanted to not have fun in a game that was reduced to math id choose chess

PenguinPower
.peng

Post Post #162  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:30 am

Prodding Emperor flippyNips. This is his first prod.

<(") | (")>

Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #163  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:07 am

V/LA for the weekend

Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:35 pm

Will be catching up once I get up & makes coffee

wilky
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:58 pm

In post 154, bugspray wrote:ok im gonna check out every iso and make a readlist

where are we at with this?

In post 106, clidd wrote:Ok, let's calm down. It is too early to make assumptions far ahead of the information available.

Can you explain this a bit more? I wasn't sure what you were refferring too.

In post 109, clidd wrote:
In post 107, chazary wrote:
In post 106, clidd wrote:Ok, let's calm down. It is too early to make assumptions far ahead of the information available.

What do you mean? We're now five pages in and there was a whole interaction between two players we can use to establish reads. What else do you want us to go off of? Or would you rather us still be in RVS?

This type of interaction is interesting to some extent. After that, it becomes a conflict, therefore, decreasing the accuracy of possible readings and associations according to the included emotional factor.

So what other things do you think are better for basing reads on early game? If no one would "make assumptions" in a game of mafia until something significant happened that something significant would never happen. No one making assumptions means an inability to read anyone. The whole game of mafia is basically about making assumptions.

In post 116, Atarashi Hajimari wrote:@wilky

Does the clidd/chazary interaction look weird to you? It looks weird to me.

I think clidd comes out of it in my scumread pile and chazary makes his way into my town reads. What do you find weird about it?

In post 130, Luca Blight wrote:Consider my vote on Bugs until I know what the VC is.

Wilky, what's your current read on Hajimari?

I still have a little scum lean on haji although some of their more recent posts i've liked better.

In post 139, Political Clout wrote:
In post 75, wilky wrote:But you can't give anything on the hiding in rvs claim. Like actually nothing. Nada. Zilch.

I get that a player can make you frustrated but why are you so upset? Is it really bugspray with his read on you and disappearing making you so frustrated? I think in my opinion those who attempt to exhibit emotion are trying to do so to appear more genuine in game, and they are usual scum. Thinking it through several people have yet to post so it just feels odd to have a player resort to expletives in the beginning of the game.

Egmeoy.

Holy fuck, I swear a lot, regardless of emotion or alignment. If you're going to base your reads on that then you will never be able to read me. Did you actual read any of what I said. My main frustration with bugspray is their unwillingness to have a discussion on anything at all. You ask him a question, look for his thoughts, provide him with proof that either he should be going after someone else or their logic is flawed, and he just finds a way to deflect or not answer.

In post 157, dweller wrote:I think the interaction between wilky and bugspray was a good way to initiate discussion. But it's quite possible that they both are town and still arguing going with each other. Because I didn't see any bad reasonings.

I know that it's good to recharge and held back a bit. And it's not necessary to respond to every pressure put on you.

I'm sorry for not posting much. will start giving my reads soon.

But to begin with I didn't even necessarilly want to put pressure on I wanted to have a discussion. Bugsprays total shutting down discussion before it even starts strat doesn't come from a town player.

In post 158, dweller wrote:
In post 29, wilky wrote:
In post 26, dweller wrote:UNVOTE:
I just realized bugspray is at L-2.

Is being at L-2 necessarily a bad thing in RVS? Do you fear that if you hadn't voted this would have gotten 2 votes to take it to hammer before then?

Nope. It's not about rvs in general. But by looking at the pressure and suspicions people were having on bugspray. I thought if people will keep voting him as a joke he may be lolhammered.

This sounds fake. There was no real suspicions on him at all.

Atarashi Hajimari
Townie

Post Post #166  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:04 pm

In post 116, Atarashi Hajimari wrote:
@wilky

Does the clidd/chazary interaction look weird to you? It looks weird to me.

I think clidd comes out of it in my scumread pile and chazary makes his way into my town reads. What do you find weird about it?

It just read to me as kind of fake/manufactured? Not entirely sure what a good word to describe what I felt would be. It was like a really quick slap-fight like interaction that just ended really abruptly. Maybe I'm reading into it too much but it just rubbed me the wrong way and I'm not 100% sure what to make of it.

PenguinPower
.peng

Post Post #167  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:47 pm

Prodding clidd. This is his first prod.

<(") | (")>

Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:01 pm

well im all caught up, i really dont have much to say. i think i need to re-read wilky vs spray

Atarashi Hajimari
Townie

Post Post #169  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:29 pm

In post 168, Emperor flippyNips wrote:well im all caught up, i really dont have much to say.

How....? You have nothing at all?

Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:48 pm

fuck man. i stilll dont know. i feel like it could of been tvt. idt out of that interaction that wilky could be scum, tho i dont think it would be too hard for scum to push spray like that but wilky seemed genuine? spray could be scum but i like i said it could be tvt

@spray– whats your experience with mafia?

Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:49 pm

In post 169, Atarashi Hajimari wrote:
In post 168, Emperor flippyNips wrote:well im all caught up, i really dont have much to say.

How....? You have nothing at all?

well this is just one of those games where im just like not getting anything so far

Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:52 pm

@atarashi– what are your reads looking like?

Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:56 pm

i'll put a lite tl on luca

Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:04 pm

clidd is mid null i guess. i almost said high null but idk the "i'll be posting by tomorrow" made me want to keep him mid

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to The Road to Rome