Newbie 1992 | Day 3

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. It is suggested, but not required, that you play your first game here. Signups Here
GeneralWu
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: February 19, 2020
Location: NY
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1200  (ISO)  » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:36 pm

fyi if i were maf I would have hammered myself since there's like a 0% chance of averting that lynch
so it'd be better to end the day before skitter gets a chance to post

clidd
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 19, 2020
Location: Spain
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1201  (ISO)  » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:47 pm

In post 1190, GeneralWu wrote:there are no hidden messages in the post lmao

In post 1185, team rocket queen wrote:
In post 1183, clidd wrote:And I don't even have to comment on this LAMIST attempt to exude frustration indirectly.


could we also have a source for the chinese portion, please.


here are all the videos I used
the chinese portion is the last video which is in german but it sounds like he's saying stuff in chinese


also menalque seems kinda scummy
he's posting mostly one liners
also he kinda looks like he's sheeping
uhh something tells me skitter is town but idk why
{datisi, clidd, menalque} is who i'm considering mafia as of right now


Ok.

clidd
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 19, 2020
Location: Spain
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1202  (ISO)  » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:47 pm

In post 1191, GeneralWu wrote:
In post 1182, clidd wrote:And your "you look scummy" is a constant response to any opposition presented to you, without considering that this person may be a mistaken town.

In post 1016, GeneralWu wrote:maduisha your gut is wrong and also you seem scummy

you also seem like a mafia taking advantage of the situation


^ Example ^ -> Here Town!GW would have considered Maduisha's entire trajectory before making a statement like that, elaborating the sentence in a different way. Scum!GW, on the other hand, tries to appear inquisitive and is constantly asking questions and making substantial remarks to sell the idea of ​​an investigative persona, when in fact, he is scum and knows previously who the towns are.


clidd you look like you're tunneling me


We had a consensus in our votes, that is, the motivation of your wagon comes from a collective perspective, not an individual one.

Therefore, the term you have quoted does not apply in this context.

team rocket queen
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: March 07, 2020
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1203  (ISO)  » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:52 pm

In post 1197, GeneralWu wrote:mafia is probably in {menalque, datisi, maduisha, clidd} btw


In post 1199, GeneralWu wrote:oh also add marashu into the mix bc I think I remember someone saying something like "marashu you're mafia if you hammer" or something similar


if you add word, skitter and yourself to the list i think you've got both mafia. why am i not included in the mafia half of the game? if generalwu flips red, i think it's far more likely his partner is off the wagon than on.

In post 1200, GeneralWu wrote:fyi if i were maf I would have hammered myself since there's like a 0% chance of averting that lynch
so it'd be better to end the day before skitter gets a chance to post


you mean the same skitter who most recently said she'd rather lynch marashu, yes?

In post 1202, clidd wrote:We had a consensus in our votes, that is, the motivation of your wagon comes from a collective perspective, not an individual one.


yeah this ^

clidd
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 19, 2020
Location: Spain
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1204  (ISO)  » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:54 pm

In post 1197, GeneralWu wrote:mafia is probably in {menalque, datisi, maduisha, clidd} btw
In post 1198, GeneralWu wrote:rip rip I'm a professional jobber
This is worse than the time when I got lynched as town jailkeeper day 1 even when I claimed


I see 0 levels of sincerity in this.

GeneralWu
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: February 19, 2020
Location: NY
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1205  (ISO)  » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:57 pm

uh yeah I did get lynched as town jailkeeper day 1
i can find you the link if you want but i don't think it really matters rn

GeneralWu
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: February 19, 2020
Location: NY
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1206  (ISO)  » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:57 pm

In post 1202, clidd wrote:
In post 1191, GeneralWu wrote:
In post 1182, clidd wrote:And your "you look scummy" is a constant response to any opposition presented to you, without considering that this person may be a mistaken town.

In post 1016, GeneralWu wrote:maduisha your gut is wrong and also you seem scummy

you also seem like a mafia taking advantage of the situation


^ Example ^ -> Here Town!GW would have considered Maduisha's entire trajectory before making a statement like that, elaborating the sentence in a different way. Scum!GW, on the other hand, tries to appear inquisitive and is constantly asking questions and making substantial remarks to sell the idea of ​​an investigative persona, when in fact, he is scum and knows previously who the towns are.


clidd you look like you're tunneling me


We had a consensus in our votes, that is, the motivation of your wagon comes from a collective perspective, not an individual one.

Therefore, the term you have quoted does not apply in this context.


that post i quoted looks tunnely

GeneralWu
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: February 19, 2020
Location: NY
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1207  (ISO)  » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:58 pm

In post 1203, team rocket queen wrote:
In post 1197, GeneralWu wrote:mafia is probably in {menalque, datisi, maduisha, clidd} btw


In post 1199, GeneralWu wrote:oh also add marashu into the mix bc I think I remember someone saying something like "marashu you're mafia if you hammer" or something similar


if you add word, skitter and yourself to the list i think you've got both mafia. why am i not included in the mafia half of the game? if generalwu flips red, i think it's far more likely his partner is off the wagon than on.

In post 1200, GeneralWu wrote:fyi if i were maf I would have hammered myself since there's like a 0% chance of averting that lynch
so it'd be better to end the day before skitter gets a chance to post


you mean the same skitter who most recently said she'd rather lynch marashu, yes?

In post 1202, clidd wrote:We had a consensus in our votes, that is, the motivation of your wagon comes from a collective perspective, not an individual one.


yeah this ^


when i flip green you guys can see

GeneralWu
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: February 19, 2020
Location: NY
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1208  (ISO)  » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:59 pm

In post 1197, GeneralWu wrote:mafia is probably in {menalque, datisi, maduisha, clidd} btw

In post 1199, GeneralWu wrote:
In post 1197, GeneralWu wrote:mafia is probably in {menalque, datisi, maduisha, clidd} btw


oh also add marashu into the mix bc I think I remember someone saying something like "marashu you're mafia if you hammer" or something similar


when I get zoo-wee-mama'ed one of the people here should be next btw

clidd
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 19, 2020
Location: Spain
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1209  (ISO)  » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:04 pm

I appreciate that you're still trying, but I can't imagine any lines you typed coming from a town mentality.

The most common lies are those about future tasks, did you know that ?

Image

clidd
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 19, 2020
Location: Spain
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1210  (ISO)  » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:09 pm

In post 1206, GeneralWu wrote:
In post 1202, clidd wrote:
In post 1191, GeneralWu wrote:
In post 1182, clidd wrote:And your "you look scummy" is a constant response to any opposition presented to you, without considering that this person may be a mistaken town.

In post 1016, GeneralWu wrote:maduisha your gut is wrong and also you seem scummy

you also seem like a mafia taking advantage of the situation


^ Example ^ -> Here Town!GW would have considered Maduisha's entire trajectory before making a statement like that, elaborating the sentence in a different way. Scum!GW, on the other hand, tries to appear inquisitive and is constantly asking questions and making substantial remarks to sell the idea of ​​an investigative persona, when in fact, he is scum and knows previously who the towns are.


clidd you look like you're tunneling me


We had a consensus in our votes, that is, the motivation of your wagon comes from a collective perspective, not an individual one.

Therefore, the term you have quoted does not apply in this context.


that post i quoted looks tunnely


From your reaction, my speculation seems to be correct. You avoided having to argue against my observation by reducing my post to a mere "tunnel".

team rocket queen
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: March 07, 2020
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1211  (ISO)  » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:14 pm

In post 1209, clidd wrote:The most common lies are those about future tasks, did you know that ?

Image


on the topic of future tasks:

In post 1151, team rocket queen wrote:anyway, some of you have said that you are short on time, and i am going to have a lot of time this weekend and plan on rereading the entirety of the thread as well as focusing on a few of the isos, so if anyone has anything specific they want me to look into, please let me know.


any takers?

Image

clidd
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 19, 2020
Location: Spain
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1212  (ISO)  » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:39 pm

I suggest taking a look at the interaction between Skitter and Menalque throughout the game and describing your impression on the transition between them voting together until the current division into two separate wagons. Of course, nothing too circumspect, stay objective.

GeneralWu
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: February 19, 2020
Location: NY
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1213  (ISO)  » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:08 pm

i have like no ability to do anything about myself now
best thing i can do is just wait till I flip and you guys can see that mafia is indeed amongst the people I suspected :(
btw I think {menalque, clidd} is the most likely scumteam

clidd
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 19, 2020
Location: Spain
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1214  (ISO)  » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:36 pm

In the last game you survived to lylo as scum, so it is false to say that you have no ability.

Maduisha
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: February 18, 2020
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1215  (ISO)  » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:21 am

In post 1213, GeneralWu wrote:i have like no ability to do anything about myself now
best thing i can do is just wait till I flip and you guys can see that mafia is indeed amongst the people I suspected :(
btw I think {menalque, clidd} is the most likely scumteam


The thing town can do in this situation is telling us their reasoning about why the people you pointed out are scum. Even if you can't be here later, you can help the team by giving us your point of view.

For example, if you say "Menalque is scum, hang him after me", people will read you, but will probably shrug it, because it really doesn't drive any point, it's just an empty accusation.

If you said "Menalque is scum because he said Marashu is lock-scum if he hammers" and then you explain why this is a scum move on his part, and the reasoning makes sense (this means, no Datisi breadcrumbing style reasoning), then you have my attention. Simple as that.

(Sorry Menalque, I needed an example.)

Marashu
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: March 15, 2020
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1216  (ISO)  » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:37 am

In post 1212, clidd wrote:I suggest taking a look at the interaction between Skitter and Menalque throughout the game and describing your impression on the transition between them voting together until the current division into two separate wagons. Of course, nothing too circumspect, stay objective.

Seconded.

clidd, about your stance change on Dat, is it because you went back to check for meta consistency, is it PoE, or is it because scum!Wu -> town!Datisi?

skitter30
Moment of Brilliance
 
User avatar
Joined: March 26, 2017
Location: EST
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1217  (ISO)  » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:59 am

ok i still think that marashu is scummy af but that's unlikely to happen now
if there's an invest i would kinda want them to check him

gw is lolcatting. i'm not actually convinced he's going to flip scum (he's self-aware enough to have just self-hammered here i think given his post at page-top knowing that i'm town) but at this point he can't be in lylo so i'm ok with it

i think marashu's unvote of me was quite bad, as it was coupled with pivoting towards wu when that became popular but *did not lead* to a vote on him.
i think that if he strongly believed in scum!me he would have kept his vote on me unless he felt scum!wu stronger ... in which case he should have voted him.
as is i kinda think he's trying to keep his hands clean from voting wu
i'm on the fence if they can be svs. i really don't think that it's scum!wu/town!maru
i dont' think they're tvt

clidd is probably town
madiusha is town
mena is probably (?) town?
datisi i keep being on the fence about
trq i kinda think is scummy
word i think gun-to-head is town

i apologize for my activity over the past few days, it's been a long and tough week
Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead. ~ NMSA

Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal ~ slaxx

Datisi
Best Marathon
 
User avatar
Joined: March 28, 2019
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1218  (ISO)  » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:03 am

dw about it skit :)

is there anything useful we could discuss at this point?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.” ~Menalque

Neon Mafia is in Night 2!

skitter30
Moment of Brilliance
 
User avatar
Joined: March 26, 2017
Location: EST
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1219  (ISO)  » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:07 am

i had like five minutes and i gotta go work now, sorry :/
i'm ok with hammer but would prefer marashu
Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead. ~ NMSA

Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal ~ slaxx

Datisi
Best Marathon
 
User avatar
Joined: March 28, 2019
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1220  (ISO)  » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:09 am

no worries. :>
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.” ~Menalque

Neon Mafia is in Night 2!

clidd
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 19, 2020
Location: Spain
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1221  (ISO)  » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:14 am

In post 1216, Marashu wrote:
In post 1212, clidd wrote:I suggest taking a look at the interaction between Skitter and Menalque throughout the game and describing your impression on the transition between them voting together until the current division into two separate wagons. Of course, nothing too circumspect, stay objective.

Seconded.

clidd, about your stance change on Dat, is it because you went back to check for meta consistency, is it PoE, or is it because scum!Wu -> town!Datisi?


It was because his latest reactions aroused a positive feeling. But yes, Scum!GW implies Town!Datisi too.

Datisi
Best Marathon
 
User avatar
Joined: March 28, 2019
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1222  (ISO)  » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:29 am

Thinking, I don't think I get the logic for an investigative checking Mara, but ok.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.” ~Menalque

Neon Mafia is in Night 2!

clidd
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 19, 2020
Location: Spain
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1223  (ISO)  » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:52 am

In post 1217, skitter30 wrote:ok i still think that marashu is scummy af but that's unlikely to happen now
if there's an invest i would kinda want them to check him

gw is lolcatting. i'm not actually convinced he's going to flip scum (he's self-aware enough to have just self-hammered here i think given his post at page-top knowing that i'm town) but at this point he can't be in lylo so i'm ok with it

i think marashu's unvote of me was quite bad, as it was coupled with pivoting towards wu when that became popular but *did not lead* to a vote on him.
i think that if he strongly believed in scum!me he would have kept his vote on me unless he felt scum!wu stronger ... in which case he should have voted him.
as is i kinda think he's trying to keep his hands clean from voting wu
i'm on the fence if they can be svs. i really don't think that it's scum!wu/town!maru
i dont' think they're tvt

clidd is probably town
madiusha is town
mena is probably (?) town?
datisi i keep being on the fence about
trq i kinda think is scummy
word i think gun-to-head is town

i apologize for my activity over the past few days, it's been a long and tough week


I believe that the cop will not comply with your request, unfortunately. He also probably thinks that GW is likely scum given her reactions to the hammer.

Image

clidd
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 19, 2020
Location: Spain
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1224  (ISO)  » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:55 am

Correction: His*

Mental note: GW is a boy.

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to The Road to Rome