Newbie 2006 | Words | Day 1

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. It is suggested, but not required, that you play your first game here. Signups Here
3bounty
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: March 26, 2020
Pronoun: He

Post Post #125  (ISO)  » Fri May 22, 2020 2:44 pm

The exit is NAI imo. Won't speculate on the reasoning for the sub request. I can sort of see why some would get scum vibes from it though.

3bounty
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: March 26, 2020
Pronoun: He

Post Post #126  (ISO)  » Fri May 22, 2020 2:53 pm

In post 113, Tochica wrote:Pf, I actually semi followed that game and this is exactly the same thought I had when I read 3b's reaction to your post compared to that game.

HEM, why do u think 3b could be scum here?

3b, your thoughts of HEM would be nice to hear too.


Will be interested to see how he (HEM) plays this one. So far I got nothing solid - I'm slighy scumleaning him. His alignment reads on players are similar to the way he did them in his scum game. But I've never seen his town game so

word321
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: March 18, 2020
Pronoun: He

Post Post #127  (ISO)  » Fri May 22, 2020 3:09 pm

In post 101, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 91, 3bounty wrote:Anyone have a read list?

word321, do you have a read list?

The short anser is No.

The long answer is:

HEM: If this slot begins Omgusing, deadtunneling, or being overly sentimental or irrational as in a "justification", he is more likely scum.

Blue: He gives me a headache, cause he is either an innocent town or a good scum; Ive already played with a scum with a similar style (Maduisha, Newbie 1992). Every single major observation was not on ppl, but on actions; that shows either a clear head over reads, wich is good, or a need to look for evidence as scum, as iot is less likely to go for ppl. He did develop about metadiving on a theoretical way, and he was eager to develop a case, so we shouldnt see too much impulsivity on this slot neither.

Android: I dnt rly know how to read this slot yet. He did change his mind on a series of posts, and that is harder to pull out as scum than town, specially as a newbie; I would slighty tl him for that, but nothin is certain.

PF: What can I say? Truly invested in the game, willing to search and develop her play. Metaing is always good. I would say more town than scum, and its easy to picture her game. Either way, too early for anything yet, as with the others.

3Bounty: We need more 3Bounty.

CJ: We need more CJ. He has searched for the post Djikstra talked about, so thats good I guess?

Potato: I dnt rly like him not interacting early on; I think someone who is bad at early reading should just try not to compromise too much and go for the info gathering component instead of JUST DAMN LURKING. He is consistent with what Ive seen of Votato, but that aint AI on the slightest.

Also, Djikstras requested replacement site-wide, and it was just so early here; there are so many possibilities is not even practical assosiating any intentions with it at all, specially on an alignment indicative way.
Played in Newbie 1992, Newbie 1997, Newbie 1999.
Currently Playing on Large Normal 227, Newbie 2006
Currently UTC-4.

word321
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: March 18, 2020
Pronoun: He

Post Post #128  (ISO)  » Fri May 22, 2020 3:14 pm

In post 115, ceejayvinoya wrote:Uh quite unnecessary? RVS is already going well.

@word321 what are you trying to achieve with your rqs?

The double purpose of making everyone talk and aquiring insight on em. Well, I also do have an honest intention of knowing how ppl meta, mind u; but meta is one of the most laborious activities u can do on a game, and it speaks wonders on either if u have experience playing the game (as in what do u seek) or on wheter u r the kind of player who give more or less thoughts on their reads.
Also, an action must be evaluated on when it was performed (that is, when I asked the questions, not now); unless u r trying not to answer them instead of stating they were unnecessary, in wich case, Id advice u to recapacitate on that, as content is content no matter what we do have now.
I particularly think we still have a lot of voids to seriously consider anything yet.
Played in Newbie 1992, Newbie 1997, Newbie 1999.
Currently Playing on Large Normal 227, Newbie 2006
Currently UTC-4.

word321
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: March 18, 2020
Pronoun: He

Post Post #129  (ISO)  » Fri May 22, 2020 3:15 pm

In post 127, word321 wrote:The long answer is:

Oh, forgot bout Tochica, wait a min
Played in Newbie 1992, Newbie 1997, Newbie 1999.
Currently Playing on Large Normal 227, Newbie 2006
Currently UTC-4.

PermissableFire
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: May 11, 2020
Pronoun: She

Post Post #130  (ISO)  » Fri May 22, 2020 3:32 pm

In post 112, 3bounty wrote:I played as town on this site too. But I'm not one to look at previous games, those behaviors could easily be mimicked intentionally or changed intentionally.


Whaaaat!! Rejecting a town point I tried to give you sent me careening into WIFOM land. So... is this simply your honest opinion about meta? Or, is your intention to discourage people from looking into your past? Hmm.. I guess I'll have to check the meta and see if you've expressed an opinion on this before. :facepalm:

In post 115, ceejayvinoya wrote:
In post 67, humaneatingmonkey wrote:ceejay, what do you think of word321's RQS?


Uh quite unnecessary? RVS is already going well.

@word321 what are you trying to achieve with your rqs?


Feeling even worse about CJ now. I said he were my biggest scumread and voted him in . He completely ignored it, and chose rather to address a softball question about Word from HEM. Again, we only got two sentences from him. This is so scummy, Ceejay please explain why you wouldn't want to address a case against you, it's still early, it would be easy to bounce back with some effort. Are you just busy irl? Did you not see the post? Are you mafia? Interestingly, you mention that RVS is going well, but it's no longer RVS. Did you think it not necessary to address my case because you viewed it as RVS? And why haven't you voted in an RVS that's "going well"?

In post 118, Android69 wrote:What I'm thinking right now

I'm getting really good town reads from Tochi and permissiblefire. Lots of meta searching, but not in a way that suggests they are targetting it, focusing it, or leaving interactions out. Maybe it's not wise to town read people day 1, but I feel pretty comfortable with them right now. :nerd:

words - Doesn't seem to be reading players much. Could be mafia-aligned. Could just be their playstyle. Really not sure what to think here. :?

ceejay - would like to hear a bit more from ceejay about the other players. so far he's pointed out dsj talking about a scumtell, but nothing about the other players. Seems odd.
VOTE: ceejayvinoya
Also worth noting that, according to Plotinus' ISO, Ceejay is the only player that hasn't thrown up a vote yet, not even an RVS one. I don't see any scumhunting. :mad:

3bounty - feels a lot like ceejay to me. But he threw up a vote on baby0blue and at the moment, I wondering if we're seeing the same thing. :?:

......But it also has me paranoid that the votato wagon was right, since it appears all town were on that.


Good point. I'm second guessing giving Votato a town lean earlier just because of his accessibility and charisma. I think it was partially out of lack of info from CJ, baby and 3B not saying much and subconscioiusly thinking if lurking = scum, then it follows that being chatty = town, which is obviously not the case. I haven't noticed anything about V that indicates scumminess though either. Are you also having trouble pinning him down at this point?

Word~ in our last game you were confirmed as a town special role when there were still 7 players left. Did knowing that you were safe from lynching impact your play style at all? If so, in what way? Also - why did you ask me if I am currently playing any other games? I have a theory on that but I need you to confirm. After I get answers to all these, I can tell you whether you're scum or not. :wink:

In post 111, humaneatingmonkey wrote:My scum game is average, PF. You should check out the current winner of Don Corleone, Flavor Leaf.

I'm glad you're making an effort to do meta work. Meta is currently the weakest part of my game (I'm very lazy).


I will check that out, thanks! You're not lazy or average. Why are you being so modest? Is that a scumtell? In the scum thread of yours I read, you were not modest at all - actually you were quite cocky :lol:

Votato ~ You've mentioned a couple times that you think HEM is definitely scum. Are you being serious, or are you joking around like you usually do? You have a vote on him so I'm thinking you have a case. Please share?

Tochica
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2011
Location: GMT +2
Pronoun: She

Post Post #131  (ISO)  » Fri May 22, 2020 3:48 pm

Hey, votato, you generally should not lock in your reads - period! Being afraid of being wrong is silly too, and there is no guarantee you will be right on page whatever. Only a fool is completely confident when playing this game. It’s once in a blue moon you get so lucky for the scum to claim!
Like it’s okay if someone hasn’t made up their mind at any point (within reason!) really but your strategy is generally pro-scum. We have time but I’d rather us starting to organize early than scrambling around deadline.
I hear you about Word tho.
Tell us more about HEM.

Tochica
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2011
Location: GMT +2
Pronoun: She

Post Post #132  (ISO)  » Fri May 22, 2020 3:51 pm

3b, I don’t mean to be bitchy but do you really need to quote my wall to ask me if I was serious about something I am obviously serious about. Imagine me quoting it and saying yes. It clogs the thread. Only good thing that would achive is maybe votato gonna get more confident of their reads!

votato
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 17, 2020

Post Post #133  (ISO)  » Fri May 22, 2020 3:54 pm

im dead serious about HEM. obvious scum. just look at that avatar, thatll tell you everything you need to know.

im very confident in my reads. i just dont have many of them yet since there are no interactions and no wagons. and i'd be happy to hop on wagons and analyze and ask questions. but people are saying things but not doing things. we need votes and wagons and stuff.
It is not our ignorance that will kill us, but our arrogance

word321
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: March 18, 2020
Pronoun: He

Post Post #134  (ISO)  » Fri May 22, 2020 4:26 pm

Didnt take a minute, as I was busy irl.

In post 117, Tochica wrote:PF, BB, 3b and Android likely town in this particular order in my head.

Reasons for this. U only rly talked about PF.
Played in Newbie 1992, Newbie 1997, Newbie 1999.
Currently Playing on Large Normal 227, Newbie 2006
Currently UTC-4.

word321
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: March 18, 2020
Pronoun: He

Post Post #135  (ISO)  » Fri May 22, 2020 4:29 pm

In post 130, PermissableFire wrote:Word~ in our last game you were confirmed as a town special role when there were still 7 players left. Did knowing that you were safe from lynching impact your play style at all? If so, in what way? Also - why did you ask me if I am currently playing any other games? I have a theory on that but I need you to confirm. After I get answers to all these, I can tell you whether you're scum or not.

Yes and now-Being conftown let u joke and be more rash, and also add an edge to ur pushes, cause the other player knows u r conftown-ergo, feels more threatened, as there is nlt the choice of thinking its badly motivated.
But when actually playing as it I liked some things, and gave feedback to my "main" play.
I asked u cause ur intervantions were few (but fruitful), and the timer since last post was approaching 24hr.
Played in Newbie 1992, Newbie 1997, Newbie 1999.
Currently Playing on Large Normal 227, Newbie 2006
Currently UTC-4.

word321
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: March 18, 2020
Pronoun: He

Post Post #136  (ISO)  » Fri May 22, 2020 4:33 pm

In post 105, 3bounty wrote:So you just flat town scum pile me because of that RVS vote. There isn't even much content or beef in the thread to be discussing and analyzing so when you say people are lurking it's not fair.

Dnt like this.
VOTE: 3Bounty
Life is not fair pal. But worry not! Ill give u a chance on the spotlight. Go generate all the content u need. We will sure be watching u.
Played in Newbie 1992, Newbie 1997, Newbie 1999.
Currently Playing on Large Normal 227, Newbie 2006
Currently UTC-4.

3bounty
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: March 26, 2020
Pronoun: He

Post Post #137  (ISO)  » Fri May 22, 2020 6:03 pm

VOTE: tochica

Got one

votato
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 17, 2020

Post Post #138  (ISO)  » Fri May 22, 2020 7:19 pm

In post 137, 3bounty wrote:VOTE: tochica

Got one

oh yeah?
It is not our ignorance that will kill us, but our arrogance

Android69
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: May 15, 2020

Post Post #139  (ISO)  » Fri May 22, 2020 8:17 pm

Man, this game is weeeeird. :eek: Things usually seem as scummy are somehow being let go just because it's early in the game. I find that reallllly weeeird.

I think I'm with words. bounty is too evasive. I still don't like votato's game and think he scumsliped, but nobody else seems to be agreeing with me, so that's a dead-end right now, and ceejay just seems relatively absent. Maybe if ceejay ends up staying under the radar for the whole day, a power role could check him tonight or something. Would be nice to have a town cop.

VOTE: word321

Android69
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: May 15, 2020

Post Post #140  (ISO)  » Fri May 22, 2020 8:18 pm

oh lol, i mean VOTE: 3Bounty, not word.

votato
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 17, 2020

Post Post #141  (ISO)  » Fri May 22, 2020 8:20 pm

scumslips arent intentional. i claimed scum. that was on purpose.
It is not our ignorance that will kill us, but our arrogance

ceejayvinoya
wildcard
 
User avatar
Joined: March 19, 2018
Location: Alexandria
Pronoun: He

Post Post #142  (ISO)  » Fri May 22, 2020 8:37 pm

In post 103, PermissableFire wrote:ceejay - moderate scum lean. Seems to be lurking as well, and also I was a little spooked by his opening post:

In post 33, ceejayvinoya wrote:
In post 25, dsjstr wrote:post 19 I can't find the article but newb!scum are more likely to say hi to everyone rather than newb!town. I should know that argument was used against me in my first game. But, I was town so they were just unlucky I guess.

Hey.

Leantown on tochica for that opening post I guess.



He quoted a random post by dsjstr and then said he thinks Tochica is prob town. ?? In total, we've only gotten 4 sentences from him.

VOTE: ceejay CJ, who do you think is town? Who do you find suspicious?


Huh. I didn't mean to quote that, so I didn't say anything about it.

What I was trying to say there is that I entirely agree with tochica there that dsjstr was being weird back there with his vote.

Tochica and monkey is townie. Dunno about suspicious yet.
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst

ceejayvinoya
wildcard
 
User avatar
Joined: March 19, 2018
Location: Alexandria
Pronoun: He

Post Post #143  (ISO)  » Fri May 22, 2020 8:42 pm

In post 107, humaneatingmonkey wrote:PermissableFire could be town.

In post 108, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Could 3bounty be scum?

In post 109, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Could baby0blue be town?


I like these reads. Fire is approaching this game in a quite direct and solvy way so I could see where you're coming from. baby blue's frustration about lack of information regarding early day 1 pings genuine so might be townie.

Not sure about 3bounty. I might need to reread stuff.
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst

humaneatingmonkey
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: June 07, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #144  (ISO)  » Fri May 22, 2020 8:46 pm

good morning. 3bounty could be town.
"Looks like i was wrong. He was the monkey that could. He got three obv towns mislynched. What a guy!" - Transcend

ceejayvinoya
wildcard
 
User avatar
Joined: March 19, 2018
Location: Alexandria
Pronoun: He

Post Post #145  (ISO)  » Fri May 22, 2020 8:51 pm

In post 130, PermissableFire wrote:Feeling even worse about CJ now. I said he were my biggest scumread and voted him in 103. He completely ignored it, and chose rather to address a softball question about Word from HEM. Again, we only got two sentences from him. This is so scummy, Ceejay please explain why you wouldn't want to address a case against you, it's still early, it would be easy to bounce back with some effort. Are you just busy irl? Did you not see the post? Are you mafia? Interestingly, you mention that RVS is going well, but it's no longer RVS. Did you think it not necessary to address my case because you viewed it as RVS? And why haven't you voted in an RVS that's "going well"?
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst

ceejayvinoya
wildcard
 
User avatar
Joined: March 19, 2018
Location: Alexandria
Pronoun: He

Post Post #146  (ISO)  » Fri May 22, 2020 8:51 pm

ebwop

In post 130, PermissableFire wrote:Feeling even worse about CJ now. I said he were my biggest scumread and voted him in 103. He completely ignored it, and chose rather to address a softball question about Word from HEM. Again, we only got two sentences from him. This is so scummy, Ceejay please explain why you wouldn't want to address a case against you, it's still early, it would be easy to bounce back with some effort. Are you just busy irl? Did you not see the post? Are you mafia? Interestingly, you mention that RVS is going well, but it's no longer RVS. Did you think it not necessary to address my case because you viewed it as RVS? And why haven't you voted in an RVS that's "going well"?


Hey. Calm down hothead. Not very busy but the internet here is terrible. I'm going through the posts in order and I haven't made it to yours at that point.

RVS went well. It started wagons and generated reads, which was it's goal. My involvement there was not really necessary, and I got a few townreads out of it.
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst

humaneatingmonkey
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: June 07, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #147  (ISO)  » Fri May 22, 2020 8:55 pm

In post 127, word321 wrote:HEM: If this slot begins Omgusing, deadtunneling, or being overly sentimental or irrational as in a "justification", he is more likely scum.

Just so you know this is very wrong
"Looks like i was wrong. He was the monkey that could. He got three obv towns mislynched. What a guy!" - Transcend

humaneatingmonkey
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: June 07, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #148  (ISO)  » Fri May 22, 2020 8:55 pm

Where did you get this stuff
"Looks like i was wrong. He was the monkey that could. He got three obv towns mislynched. What a guy!" - Transcend

humaneatingmonkey
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: June 07, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #149  (ISO)  » Fri May 22, 2020 9:02 pm

3bounty
PermissableFire
baby0blue
Android69

these people i dont want to lynch today.

votato

im not gonna say much on this matter but i will shed some light to this later in the game

word321
ceejayvinoya (SE)
Tochica (SE)

these people i want to wagon. let's start with word321.

TL;DR time to consolidate, town
"Looks like i was wrong. He was the monkey that could. He got three obv towns mislynched. What a guy!" - Transcend

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to The Road to Rome