Newbie 2005 [Day 2]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. It is suggested, but not required, that you play your first game here. Signups Here
votato
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375  (ISO)  » Sat May 23, 2020 11:59 am

my solve atm is italiano and egix. That vote count really threw me off because they weren't on a counterwagon together. Now they are though
It is not our ignorance that will kill us, but our arrogance

votato
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376  (ISO)  » Sat May 23, 2020 12:00 pm

the reasoning behind the vote move is really poor. Sheeping not even my top scum read

ItalianoVD
Townie

Pronoun: He

Post Post #377  (ISO)  » Sat May 23, 2020 12:44 pm

I think you are capitalizing on my inexperience. I’d say the same for NK15. Instead of explaining why things are it’s just whatever to you and it makes me think you aren't that genuine. If it’s a scum move to tie up the vote count when you are ahead in the votes I didn’t know that. It can be seen as self-preservation, but I guess that’s not the case on here.

And why would you have a problem with me voting for someone you think is scummy?

Or is it some mechanic or rule I don’t know about like “just because we agree on scumminess doesn’t mean we’re both town or something.”

Well anyway I guess I’m pretty much gone huh, so when I am proven to be town, then what will you do? What’s your plan?

Not Known 15
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378  (ISO)  » Sat May 23, 2020 2:03 pm

In post 377, ItalianoVD wrote:I think you are capitalizing on my inexperience. I’d say the same for NK15. Instead of explaining why things are it’s just whatever to you and it makes me think you aren't that genuine. If it’s a scum move to tie up the vote count when you are ahead in the votes I didn’t know that.

This looks to me like a "I did get caught because of something I didn`t know, thats unfair!!"
It is precisely the fact that he didn`t know it was a scum move that makes the case even stronger.

Aloratom
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379  (ISO)  » Sat May 23, 2020 3:03 pm

In post 375, votato wrote:my solve atm is italiano and egix. That vote count really threw me off because they weren't on a counterwagon together. Now they are though

Egix? Can you elaborate on that?

votato
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380  (ISO)  » Sat May 23, 2020 3:24 pm

uh i think if you look in my catch-up post there are a few things i point out about egix. their recent interactions also point to them being scum together. they are both independently scummy and they have interactions that seem SvS to me.

Aloratom
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381  (ISO)  » Sat May 23, 2020 3:25 pm

In post 359, Egix96 wrote:
In post 358, Snowblaze wrote:Less than two days to go, we should probably start compromising.

I'm suspicious of both piisirrational and ItalianoVD, but given that they're almost certainly not partners, only one of them can be scum.

@pi, can you explain how you feel ItalianoVD is trying to look towny rather than catch scum?

In which case, I'm staying on NK15, because I'm fairly confident that piis is town atp and votato's vote on IVD is what's turning me off from lynching there.

I don't understand the transition from question to answer here. What case and where does votato fit in?

Aloratom
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382  (ISO)  » Sat May 23, 2020 3:31 pm

In post 380, votato wrote:uh i think if you look in my catch-up post there are a few things i point out about egix. their recent interactions also point to them being scum together. they are both independently scummy and they have interactions that seem SvS to me.

I'll go back and read that again.

Egix96
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383  (ISO)  » Sat May 23, 2020 3:34 pm

In post 381, Aloratom wrote:
In post 358, Snowblaze wrote:Less than two days to go, we should probably start compromising.

I'm suspicious of both piisirrational and ItalianoVD, but given that they're almost certainly not partners, only one of them can be scum.

@pi, can you explain how you feel ItalianoVD is trying to look towny rather than catch scum?

In which case, I'm staying on NK15, because I'm fairly confident that piis is town atp and votato's vote on IVD is what's turning me off from lynching there.

I don't understand the transition from question to answer here. What case and where does votato fit in?

The "in which case" was in response to the first line of Snow's post.

(Presuming that this is intended for me and not Snow)
Wiki
"See, when you can fly... short legs don't matter."

Aloratom
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384  (ISO)  » Sat May 23, 2020 3:37 pm

Now I remember. That post was difficult to read to begin with because you annotate post numbers instead of the posts themselves.

Aloratom
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385  (ISO)  » Sat May 23, 2020 3:41 pm

In post 383, Egix96 wrote:
In post 381, Aloratom wrote:

The "in which case" was in response to the first line of Snow's post.

(Presuming that this is intended for me and not Snow)

Duh. I should've picked that up. But about votato, you don't like his vote? You don't want to vote with him? What's that about?

Egix96
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386  (ISO)  » Sat May 23, 2020 3:46 pm

In post 385, Aloratom wrote:Duh. I should've picked that up. But about votato, you don't like his vote? You don't want to vote with him? What's that about?

This is essentially it:

In post 339, Egix96 wrote:
In post 318, votato wrote:VOTE: italianoVD. did not like that catch up. this slot has not gotten any townier

Ehhhhh.

In post 371, Egix96 wrote:
In post 362, votato wrote:Egix what don't you like about my vote? I could compromise on nk here but at this point I'd prefer to lynch ivd, or maybe egix

I actually didn't dislike his catchup - I thought you were being needlessly harsh, perphaps even disingenuously.
Wiki
"See, when you can fly... short legs don't matter."

Aloratom
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387  (ISO)  » Sat May 23, 2020 3:55 pm

In post 380, votato wrote:uh i think if you look in my catch-up post there are a few things i point out about egix. their recent interactions also point to them being scum together. they are both independently scummy and they have interactions that seem SvS to me.

I found one post about egix in the catch-up -- the one about his comment about NK v pi. What about the recent interactions between egix and Italiano is scummy, or what has egix done that's independently scummy? I'm not seeing it.

Homura
Goon

Pronoun: She

Post Post #388  (ISO)  » Sat May 23, 2020 5:11 pm

Sorry for my lack of presence this DP. Lacked motivation due to having less of a grasp on the game than I'd like and haven't had time to re-read. Guess my procrastination habit extends to mafia pretty frequently.
It is the pinnacle of all human emotion. More passionate than hope, much deeper than despair.

Love.

Homura
Goon

Post Post #389  (ISO)  » Sat May 23, 2020 5:30 pm

Think Italiano's reads being mostly gut-based is town-indicative.

votato, can you point out which of Egix and Italiano!slot's interactions you saw as SvS?
It is the pinnacle of all human emotion. More passionate than hope, much deeper than despair.

Love.

Homura
Goon

Post Post #390  (ISO)  » Sat May 23, 2020 5:45 pm

In post 241, Aloratom wrote:In fact

VOTE: Beansi

Has your read changed here?

Love.

AaronFrost
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391  (ISO)  » Sat May 23, 2020 7:41 pm

Vote Count 1.12

Vote CountItalianoVD [4]: Aloratom, votato, piisirrational, Not Known 15
Not Known 15 [3]: Egix96, gobbledygook, ItalianoVD
Aloratom [1]: Homura
piisirrational [1]: Snowblaze
Homura [0]:
gobbledygook [0]:
Egix96 [0]:
votato [0]:
Snowblaze [0]:

Not Voting [0]:

With 9 in play, it takes 5 votes to lynch

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2020-05-24 20:00:00)

Notes- :)

Snowblaze
Goon

Post Post #392  (ISO)  » Sun May 24, 2020 12:47 am

Well, given the lack of remaining time and someone I scum read being on L-1:

Intent to hammer.

AaronFrost
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393  (ISO)  » Sun May 24, 2020 7:44 am

Prodding gobbledygook. This is their third prod, so I'm looking for a replacement now. They can stay if they post before I find one.

Deadline is paused at 11 hours, 15 minutes.

AaronFrost
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394  (ISO)  » Sun May 24, 2020 8:39 am

Midari Ikishima replaces gobbledygook.

Extending the deadline by 24 hours. New deadline is (expired on 2020-05-25 21:00:00)

Snowblaze
Goon

Post Post #395  (ISO)  » Sun May 24, 2020 8:44 am

Well, temporarily withdrawing my intent, then. I'm still happy to lynch ItalianoVD, but I'll give the replacement a chance to catch up first.

Midari Ikishima
Townie

Post Post #396  (ISO)  » Sun May 24, 2020 9:11 am

Oh hi. Can someone give me a quick recap on what's happened and what my slot has done?

Midari Ikishima
Townie

Post Post #397  (ISO)  » Sun May 24, 2020 10:35 am

To save myself time. I'm going to read thru the top two wagons.

Not known - 25 Calling something a reliable scumtell 25 posts in? How many scum have you lynched using this logic?

I don't get the quick lynch I mean aren't you shutting down both sides then for an argument in turn denying both sides information?

69 Then you are going against your word 13 posts later? (Please note this is just an ISO reading)

81 I do like this post as it shows some scumhunting ideally the first quote its almost as if they town read them. The rest of the post just seems bad.

So far reading either Not Known is just trying to D1 solve this game as so many try to do and don't do it well mind you or they are a better scum player then one would just realize.

Beansi -
I know first post I'm going to quote of theirs.

157 I don't know if this is just bad town or newb scum. To be honest I think its a bit of both. The vote is just terrible. 160 Is just making it even worse. It looks like an easy hop on.

Note I got to post 160 on an ISO and need to head to bed. If you must I'd be happy with a hammer at this state. I wouldn't hold it against of you. But I can come back to reading the iso later tonight.

ItalianoVD
Townie

Post Post #398  (ISO)  » Sun May 24, 2020 1:52 pm

In post 392, Snowblaze wrote:Well, given the lack of remaining time and someone I scum read being on L-1:

Intent to hammer.

Did you ever let me know why you scumread me? I think I may have missed it. Am curious what your read on me is/was.

Aloratom. Have you scumread me since I came in or was it just because I replaced Beansi? And if so what was it that stood out to you?

I guess these will be my final thoughts. As I mentioned before, Aloratom, Egix, Gobbledygook, and Homura felt/feel like the most town to me by their posts and way they were moving through the game. At first NK15, who I figured was the most experienced seemed very spot on with his early assessment of Pii's opening post. Homura was also questioning pii about his "townie" first post. I mentioned that I had seen that before from wolves or scum trying to seem town.

But NK15's move off of pii and onto Aloratom had me confused. So I asked him why and he mentioned that Aloratom's scumminess was not more than pii, but that Aloratom was a suspect as well as a potential partner for scumread, who I am assuming was pii. He also said how at the time no one wanted to vote for pii. So I asked/stated that shouldn't it be up to him to get people to see his point and why it would make sense to vote pii, who he thought was the most scummy at the time? He hasn't answered me yet.

I originally was suspicious of Snowblaze and votato. Snowblaze for early day movement on Aloratom and lack of movement onto pii and votato for seemingly leading the village or perhaps controlling narratives. I voted for pii for reasons stated above. So those were my three most suspicious. Aloratom, Egix, Gobbledygook, Homura were my five town reads (or as I understand now, my null reads that leaned town).

votato didn't like my catchup post. Also said he still scumreads the slot I replaced. I didn't understand what that meant, but kudos to him, he did explain to me what it meant so thanks for that. However, he hasn't told me why he still scumreads the slot yet, just that he does, unless I missed it. Was involved more immediately after replacing Atarashi Hajimari, but it seems like he's checked out. Also doesn't like me voting for his scumread, which confuses the heck out of me. :eek:

Now onto my switch...

The reason I switched from pii and onto NK15 is because I remembered that town/villagers can sometimes play all over the place and seem scummy, but in the end they end up town/villager. Also Aloratom and Egix (two who I feel are town) both mentioned they feel pii is town and NK15 is/was scummy. So I assumed I was just reading too far into pii's actions.

So I switched over to NK15 for a number of reasons. One reason was what votato pointed out in his catchup post re NK15. Stating how NK15 was picking up on the little things that otherwise wouldn't be picked up on by town, especially on Day 1 and mentioned how NK15 could be so confident so early. Another reason was his change from Pii (who was his strongest scumread) onto Aloratom (who wasn't as strong of a scumread which he said, but could potentially be a partner). I'll have to get well versed in that because I don't know the strategy behind it.

And then the reasoning behind the change to Aloratom, re his interaction with Beansi, seemed contrived and very intricate tying back into votato's "picking up on the little things" read. Another reason I switched was to preserve myself being the one who lead the votes at 3-2. Switching onto NK15, a person I had begun suspecting and tying up the score made sense to me. I'm not gonna just go down if I know I'm innocent.

Now I see according to votato and NK15 that it is a scumtell. If I could do it again, I'd probably do it the same way because it just as easy could be a towntell imo. This is why I mentioned that I thought they were taking an opportunity to capitalize on my inexperience. I wasn't saying it to say "That's not fair" as NK15 so eloquently put. :roll: but more of a highlight to the other townies who might be suspecting one of them or both of them. If I do get lynched and when it proves that I am town I'd be suspicious of at least one of them if not both.

Well that's all I got. I hope I addressed everything. Any questions ask away; I'm an open book.

Not Known 15
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399  (ISO)  » Sun May 24, 2020 3:07 pm

In post 398, ItalianoVD wrote:But NK15's move off of pii and onto Aloratom had me confused. So I asked him why and he mentioned that Aloratom's scumminess was not more than pii, but that Aloratom was a suspect as well as a potential partner for scumread, who I am assuming was pii. He also said how at the time no one wanted to vote for pii. So I asked/stated that shouldn't it be up to him to get people to see his point and why it would make sense to vote pii, who he thought was the most scummy at the time? He hasn't answered me yet.

I already had tried to convince people but they simply disagreed at this time or were reluctant to vote. So why not move to a potential partner that is actually getting votes and is scummy?

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to The Road to Rome