Newbie 2014: Aesthetic | Day Three

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. It is suggested, but not required, that you play your first game here. Signups Here
Mikul
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: May 24, 2020
Location: Eorzea
Pronoun: It

Post Post #450  (ISO)  » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:05 pm

about to go to a dnd game so wont be on much, have been session prepping for the past 2 hours ish but gun to my head

votato is scum and I read this game wrong

quick has been watching and not replying, showing an interest in the game but only has not chosen to type because he thought I didn't care. Anthony was noob town


@mod can you confirm that anthony has been replaced?
" I don’t believe in the gods’ existence. Man is the master of his own fate, not the gods. The gods are man’s creation to give answers that they are too afraid to give themselves."

- Ragnar Lothbrok

Mikul
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: May 24, 2020
Location: Eorzea
Pronoun: It

Post Post #451  (ISO)  » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:07 pm

I think the lynch sequence is between


tl - nash - votato and that solves it. Could def be talking out of my ass but my gut is just hitting so hard on this
" I don’t believe in the gods’ existence. Man is the master of his own fate, not the gods. The gods are man’s creation to give answers that they are too afraid to give themselves."

- Ragnar Lothbrok

Mikul
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: May 24, 2020
Location: Eorzea
Pronoun: It

Post Post #452  (ISO)  » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:09 pm

I've also been kind of baiting this as I feel like town votato would call out the faulty logic in the jk confirms you "ish" claim
" I don’t believe in the gods’ existence. Man is the master of his own fate, not the gods. The gods are man’s creation to give answers that they are too afraid to give themselves."

- Ragnar Lothbrok

LicketyQuickety
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: May 14, 2015
Location: No man's land.
Pronoun: He

Post Post #453  (ISO)  » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:27 pm

In post 451, Mikul wrote:I think the lynch sequence is between


tl - nash - votato and that solves it. Could def be talking out of my ass but my gut is just hitting so hard on this


I would flip the order, but people have different reads.
"...(I also think that meta-diving LQ proves that he's a "non-traditional" player (whatever that means) more than his words do)." ~Nachomamma8
Galatians 2:4 Yet because of false brothers secretly brought in—who slipped in to spy out sour freedom that we have in Christ Jesus, so that they might bring us into slavery— 5a to them we did not yield in submission even for a moment...

LicketyQuickety
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: May 14, 2015
Location: No man's land.
Pronoun: He

Post Post #454  (ISO)  » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:28 pm

Anthony has just basically not been here. How many posts do they have? I feel like VT might replace out.
"...(I also think that meta-diving LQ proves that he's a "non-traditional" player (whatever that means) more than his words do)." ~Nachomamma8
Galatians 2:4 Yet because of false brothers secretly brought in—who slipped in to spy out sour freedom that we have in Christ Jesus, so that they might bring us into slavery— 5a to them we did not yield in submission even for a moment...

LicketyQuickety
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: May 14, 2015
Location: No man's land.
Pronoun: He

Post Post #455  (ISO)  » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:34 pm

I feel like Anthony was either over cautious Scum or just Newb Town. Not much else in their ISO, but they did make a good point about Arthur being Town:

In post 85, Anthony87 wrote:I'm hesitant to L-2 Arthur for only one reason (and if someone wants to show me why this is meaningless, then I have no problem voting), does him trying to make sure the vote against him is counted seem anti scum?
"...(I also think that meta-diving LQ proves that he's a "non-traditional" player (whatever that means) more than his words do)." ~Nachomamma8
Galatians 2:4 Yet because of false brothers secretly brought in—who slipped in to spy out sour freedom that we have in Christ Jesus, so that they might bring us into slavery— 5a to them we did not yield in submission even for a moment...

Town looter
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: May 25, 2020
Location: New Zealand
Pronoun: He

Post Post #456  (ISO)  » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:57 pm

In post 444, Mikul wrote:@TL

Why are you willing to lynch in that order when you just posted this less than a day and a half ago?


Because I didn't put votato ahead of Anthony? Good point and I don't have a good reason for it, i'd kinda forgotten about that POE after thinking so much about the vote POE... hoorey, now let's wind up that Mikul confirmation bias even more...

My main point stands thought:
Anybody to the right of Brass would require some convincing, but there are absolutely scenarios where Anthony or votato or both are scum.

votato
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 17, 2020

Post Post #457  (ISO)  » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:18 pm

In post 428, LicketyQuickety wrote:I think it's pretty clear at least one of TL/votato is Scum. I think TL has made some posts that are hard(er) to fake as Scum, so that leaves me thinking votato is Scum. So Scum are in those three between TL/votato/nash. I really think the way votato dropped off means he's Scum since he doesn't actually have legit reasons for why I am Scum and can't defend that position.

excuse you? yes, me dropping off while on VLA is totally AI. i did defend why you're scum. i picked one game to link, but pretty much every game ive been with you was the same, except when you lurked in all your games and got replaced. but whenever youre active your playstyle is the same.
"It is not our ignorance that will kill us, but our arrogance"
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl

votato
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 17, 2020

Post Post #458  (ISO)  » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:19 pm

and quick why is anthony town to you?
"It is not our ignorance that will kill us, but our arrogance"
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl

votato
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 17, 2020

Post Post #459  (ISO)  » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:24 pm

In post 446, Mikul wrote:My senses are tingling so hard with this TL / Votato scum team


Votato is actively engaging in another game all day and has not defended himself vs quick. In that scenario TL would carry out the nk so the jk on votato likely did nothing

yeah i was active elsewhere today while there were no posts in this game, but i wasnt active else where while you all were posting. plus lurking isnt really in my scum meta, with one exception that involved a uniquely inactive game (more inactive than this game by far). i dont think id lurk again, even in that instance. it was my first scumgame. lurking just isnt AI for me.
"It is not our ignorance that will kill us, but our arrogance"
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl

votato
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 17, 2020

Post Post #460  (ISO)  » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:25 pm

In post 452, Mikul wrote:I've also been kind of baiting this as I feel like town votato would call out the faulty logic in the jk confirms you "ish" claim

i have called out the faulty logic, and i keep telling you it doesnt mechanically confirm me. at the same time, the more you trust me the better. its really nice for town when you falsely mechanically confirm a townie.
"It is not our ignorance that will kill us, but our arrogance"
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl

votato
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 17, 2020

Post Post #461  (ISO)  » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:27 pm

In post 454, LicketyQuickety wrote:Anthony has just basically not been here. How many posts do they have? I feel like VT might replace out.

PR hunting. this is a scum mindset
"It is not our ignorance that will kill us, but our arrogance"
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl

votato
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 17, 2020

Post Post #462  (ISO)  » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:28 pm

In post 455, LicketyQuickety wrote:I feel like Anthony was either over cautious Scum or just Newb Town. Not much else in their ISO, but they did make a good point about Arthur being Town:

In post 85, Anthony87 wrote:I'm hesitant to L-2 Arthur for only one reason (and if someone wants to show me why this is meaningless, then I have no problem voting), does him trying to make sure the vote against him is counted seem anti scum?

the best analysis quick can do, even after a flip is "town would be unlikely to say this non-gamesolving thing" quick is not town here.
"It is not our ignorance that will kill us, but our arrogance"
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl

Town looter
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: May 25, 2020
Location: New Zealand
Pronoun: He

Post Post #463  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:46 am

After cogitating on the Brass replacement for a while I find it odd that he disappeared after he was asked for reads, a request which he would've seen (it was less than an hour after his last post).

To me, town would've acquiesced to the request - even if you aren't enjoying the game, it's a bit of a dick move to not do it. Conversely, there is massive scum motivation to not help out prior to bailing.

Then this post from his replacement.

In post 379, LicketyQuickety wrote:I'm more or less caught up.

votato pushing Anthony is Scummy, but I am not sure votato wouldn't do that as Town.

I think this games solves with one more flip.

Going to:

VOTE: votato at this time.

The bit that bothers me is the confidence that the game will be solved tomorrow. This is some kind of crowd-pleasing effort that is utter BS - it can't possibly be genuine because it's simply not true. Especially not true since in the same post they put a vote on someone who is generally being read as town or null.

I'm getting to the same place as votato, but for different reasons.

Town looter
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: May 25, 2020
Location: New Zealand
Pronoun: He

Post Post #464  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:21 am

Urgh. I just skimmed that thread you linked votato...

My logic about LQ doesn't stack up because they effectively said the exact same thing in D1 of that game. Just a weird confidence thing I guess... ignore my previous read...

You are very right about the completely different styles though. So different that it's hard to say it's super AI though.

In post 463, Town looter wrote:After cogitating on the Brass replacement for a while I find it odd that he disappeared after he was asked for reads, a request which he would've seen (it was less than an hour after his last post).

To me, town would've acquiesced to the request - even if you aren't enjoying the game, it's a bit of a dick move to not do it. Conversely, there is massive scum motivation to not help out prior to bailing.

Then this post from his replacement.

In post 379, LicketyQuickety wrote:I'm more or less caught up.

votato pushing Anthony is Scummy, but I am not sure votato wouldn't do that as Town.

I think this games solves with one more flip.

Going to:

VOTE: votato at this time.

The bit that bothers me is the confidence that the game will be solved tomorrow. This is some kind of crowd-pleasing effort that is utter BS - it can't possibly be genuine because it's simply not true. Especially not true since in the same post they put a vote on someone who is generally being read as town or null.

I'm getting to the same place as votato, but for different reasons.

Nash
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: June 05, 2020
Location: Queens
Pronoun: E (e/em/eir/eirs/emself)

Post Post #465  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:45 am

In post 461, votato wrote:
In post 454, LicketyQuickety wrote:Anthony has just basically not been here. How many posts do they have? I feel like VT might replace out.

PR hunting. this is a scum mindset

This is a bad misrep, vota. We have two claims already.
In post 463, Town looter wrote:After cogitating on the Brass replacement for a while I find it odd that he disappeared after he was asked for reads, a request which he would've seen (it was less than an hour after his last post).

To me, town would've acquiesced to the request - even if you aren't enjoying the game, it's a bit of a dick move to not do it. Conversely, there is massive scum motivation to not help out prior to bailing.

Then this post from his replacement.

In post 379, LicketyQuickety wrote:I'm more or less caught up.

votato pushing Anthony is Scummy, but I am not sure votato wouldn't do that as Town.

I think this games solves with one more flip.

Going to:

VOTE: votato at this time.

The bit that bothers me is the confidence that the game will be solved tomorrow. This is some kind of crowd-pleasing effort that is utter BS - it can't possibly be genuine because it's simply not true. Especially not true since in the same post they put a vote on someone who is generally being read as town or null.

I'm getting to the same place as votato, but for different reasons.

Brass replaced out of all of his ongoing games. Even if that wasn't the case replacing out is NAI and I don't like how you're picking sides in the 1v1.

Brass is currently my strongest townread followed by votato (outside of the conftowns), and I'm not placing my vote there today.
LQ made a decent point about votato, but it isn't enough to override my view on that slot. Hope Anthony's replacement confirms before the deadline.

keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: June 17, 2016
Location: Queen of Rap
Pronoun: He

Post Post #466  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:40 am

Sorry for this but I was busy all day and just checked the forums. Ydrasse replaces Anthony87. Would yall like a 1 day extension? I can grant it.
Show

keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: June 17, 2016
Location: Queen of Rap
Pronoun: He

Post Post #467  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:41 am

Vote count 2.06
Image





[2] Town looter - Nash, Mikul,
[1] Nash - Town looter,
[1] Ydrasse - Lunatic,
[1] LicketyQuickety - votato,
[1] votato - LicketyQuickety,

[1] Not Voting - Ydrasse,

MOD NOTES: I am currently having internet connection problems and this vote count took too long to do. Good luck!
With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch. Day Two will end in (expired on 2020-07-04 00:00:00).
#BlackLivesMatter
Last edited by keyenpeydee on Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show

Lunatic
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: March 18, 2020

Post Post #468  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:55 am

I will be on V/LA til the 5th. I'll be able to post a small amount from my phone here and there but the post will likely be of bad quality and riddled with spelling errors. I'll stay caught up but probably stick mostly to a few sentences. Ydrasse needs to make a convincing case for himself not to be lynched as he is my top candidate for now. I'm not so convinced town looter is scum except for my gut rubbing me the wrong way about him.

votato
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 17, 2020

Post Post #469  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:16 am

An extension would probably be good especially since people are gonna be vla for the weekend
"It is not our ignorance that will kill us, but our arrogance"
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl

Ydrasse
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: May 02, 2020
Pronoun: She

Post Post #470  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:29 am

ill post when i’m home.

keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: June 17, 2016
Location: Queen of Rap
Pronoun: He

Post Post #471  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:04 am

I have updated my ruleset due to the new rule about the usage of the "lynch" term in mafia games. I've replaced any word that uses lynch to eliminate/elimination including the previous elimination that happened on Day One. I do not have a strict rule using the old term "lynch" however I do advise all of you to use a different word such as eliminate/elimination, etc. Thanks and good luck!

You can read more here: viewtopic.php?f=115&t=83525
Show

Ydrasse
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: May 02, 2020
Pronoun: She

Post Post #472  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:22 am

In post 470, Ydrasse wrote:ill post when i’m home.


if there’s anything ppl want me to talk about immediately i’d appreciate the questions so i can get a footing here.

keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: June 17, 2016
Location: Queen of Rap
Pronoun: He

Post Post #473  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:40 am

Don't mind me, I need the pagetop.
Show

keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: June 17, 2016
Location: Queen of Rap
Pronoun: He

Post Post #474  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:40 am

.
Last edited by keyenpeydee on Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Show

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to The Road to Rome