Newbie 2020 [Day 2]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. It is suggested, but not required, that you play your first game here. Signups Here
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum

Pronoun: He

Post Post #900  (ISO)  » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:33 am

Vote Count 1.15

vote countTown looter [ :dead: ]: clidd, luncheon, ofrhz, Bell, SJReaver
SJReaver [3]: Billy Pilgrim, skitter30, Town looter
clidd [1]: Crush
luncheon [0]:
ofrhz [0]:
skitter30 [0]:
Billy Pilgrim [0]:
Crush [0]:
Bell [0]:

Not Voting [0]:

With 9 in play, it takes 5 votes to eliminate someone.

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2020-07-30 23:00:00).

notes- skitter30 is semi V/LA on Wednesday and Thursday in addition to her regular V/LA on Fridays and Saturdays.

AaronFrost
Mafia Scum

Post Post #901  (ISO)  » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:40 am

Town looter, Vanilla Townie, eliminated Day 1.

Night 1 begins now. Crush has not posted in the last 24 hours and will have (expired on 2020-07-31 01:40:00) to let me know that he's still playing or else I will find a replacement during the night. Night deadline is paused in the meantime.

AaronFrost
Mafia Scum

Post Post #902  (ISO)  » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:15 am

Seeking a replacement for Crush.

AaronFrost
Mafia Scum

Post Post #903  (ISO)  » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:46 am

Whitevion replaces Crush.

Night now ends in (expired on 2020-08-02 07:45:00). If all living players request a fast night, then I can end the night early.

AaronFrost
Mafia Scum

Post Post #904  (ISO)  » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:49 am

skitter30, Vanilla Townie, died Night 1.

AaronFrost
Mafia Scum

Post Post #905  (ISO)  » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:52 am

Day 2 Begins!

Vote Count 2.00

vote countBilly Pilgrim [0]:
luncheon [0]:
Whitevion [0]:
SJReaver [0]:
Bell [0]:
ofrhz [0]:
clidd [0]:

Not Voting [7]: Billy Pilgrim, luncheon, Whitevion, SJReaver, Bell, ofrhz, clidd

With 7 in play, it takes 4 votes to eliminate someone.

Day 2 ends in 0 days, 19 hours, 18 minutes

notes- hi.

SJReaver
Goon

Post Post #906  (ISO)  » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:56 am

Hey, we're back!

SJReaver
Goon

Post Post #907  (ISO)  » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:01 am

I wasn't expecting skitter. I didn't think her reads were all that good and that only leaves Billy on my wagon.

I was thinking skitter-luncheon for mafia but I shall have to reconsider.

SJReaver
Goon

Post Post #908  (ISO)  » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:11 am

Am I really the only one around? I've been checking this thread constantly. It's been days.

I guess I'll get this thing started while I wait.

VOTE: Whitelion

Nice to see you. Thank you for joining us. Have you read the thread? If so can you give us your thoughts?

Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum

Post Post #909  (ISO)  » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:19 am

Ok, there's at least one scum on looter if not both. (Yes this is from my pov, so I understand if thats your objection, but I now know for sure there's 1lat least 1 scum on that wagon. Given how there were two viable potential coynterwagons at end of day (lunch/SJ) I could see either of them as good targets to eliminate today. I am completely confused by SJ's push of whitevion this morning given that they were off wagon but I think thats more weird than scummy.

Bell had alot of short snippy posts with little to no analysis and ended up on an end of day wagon that hit town. I could also see value in pressuring there. I'd like to see other folks thoughts.

SJReaver
Goon

Post Post #910  (ISO)  » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:21 am

I'm not pushing Whitelion. I'm asking him his thoughts.

SJReaver
Goon

Post Post #911  (ISO)  » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:47 am

@clidd,
Given looter and skitter are townies, can you give me a read list from most suspicious to least suspicious?

clidd
Mafia Scum

Post Post #912  (ISO)  » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:11 am

VOTE: SJReaver

In our past game we put several people on E-1 and awaited the claim. You hammered Looter without expecting it, which means that if he were PR, we would end up losing him.

Explain.

clidd
Mafia Scum

Post Post #913  (ISO)  » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:17 am

In post 812, clidd wrote:I have a doubt about Looter, linked to an external factor:

- There is a feature called "last visited" that is exposed in the profile of each player (can be disabled), and according to my understanding of this, it records the user's last time and date on the website.

I double-checked this record on his profile and noticed that there was access to the forum (according to my time zone) 5:30 pm and 8:00 pm, but his last post had been 4:14 am (post 732), which means that in a period of more than ten hours he read the topic but did not post anything. His post 793 (next day, 1:42 am) took place exactly 2 minutes after I said he would be a better vote than SJ, followed by quick responses on posts 797 and 798 but no reaction to my vote occurred. The most recent post (810) took place approximately 6 ~ 7 hours after post 798, but it is specifically focused on one player and does not explain what he was doing at those times when he had access to the forum. The only game he's currently in is this one and he hasn't posted anywhere else (unless he has a hidden place to post).

And returning to this post, I might have given the mafia a hunch that he could be mason (private communication), which could have caused the lolhammer.

SJReaver
Goon

Post Post #914  (ISO)  » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:23 am

That was a mistake. I thought he was at three and I was at four. I was going to make them even and then talk about how I thought the wagons were being manipulated. I was furious at myself when I realized what I'd done: I still had a town read on him and the thread was far more active than it had been in a while.

Others can look at my history and see I don't quick-hammer people. And even if I were scum, doing so would have made no sense in this instance.

clidd
Mafia Scum

Post Post #915  (ISO)  » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:29 am

In post 891, AaronFrost wrote:
Vote Count 1.15

vote countTown looter [4]: clidd, luncheon, ofrhz, Bell
SJReaver [3]: Billy Pilgrim, skitter30, Town looter
luncheon [1]: SJReaver
clidd [1]: Crush
ofrhz [0]:
skitter30 [0]:
Billy Pilgrim [0]:
Crush [0]:
Bell [0]:

Not Voting [0]:

With 9 in play, it takes 5 votes to eliminate someone.

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2020-07-30 23:00:00).

notes- skitter30 is semi V/LA on Wednesday and Thursday in addition to her regular V/LA on Fridays and Saturdays.
In post 892, SJReaver wrote:I mean. Okay.

VOTE: Looter

How ? The vca was before your post.

SJReaver
Goon

Post Post #916  (ISO)  » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:32 am

Other than me, can you give a brief read list?

In post 913, clidd wrote:
And returning to this post, I might have given the mafia a hunch that he could be mason (private communication), which could have caused the lolhammer.

That doesn't make a ton of sense for scum!Reaver. My best bet in that situation would be to immediately vote for him and let him get hammered normally, or night kill him.

Not wait for him to explain himself, for other people to get him to E-1, and to quickhammer him.

clidd
Mafia Scum

Post Post #917  (ISO)  » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:35 am

I'll ask again: why did you lolhammer him ?

SJReaver
Goon

Post Post #918  (ISO)  » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:37 am

In post 915, clidd wrote:
How ? The vca was before your post.

I misread it. I thought he was at three and I was at four.

In post 917, clidd wrote:I'll ask again: why did you lolhammer him ?

I already told you.

clidd
Mafia Scum

Post Post #919  (ISO)  » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:41 am

Your post was more than 10 minutes after the VCA, it is difficult to believe in an accidental reading.

SJReaver
Goon

Post Post #920  (ISO)  » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:45 am

My post was in response to the VCA. Before it, I was more interested in talking with people.

SJReaver
Goon

Post Post #921  (ISO)  » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:54 am

Anyways, keep your vote on me if you want. I understand why you don't believe me.

That said, it's been a while. I assume you have thoughts on who scum!Reaver's partner is or who the two mafia members might be. I can't imagine you didn't consider the matter.

Would you like to share them? Because I thought it was skitter and she's townie.

clidd
Mafia Scum

Post Post #922  (ISO)  » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:59 am

I'll need a reread.

clidd
Mafia Scum

Post Post #923  (ISO)  » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:02 am

Still, your hammer still doesn't make sense for town!You, especially since you've seen E-1 scenarios before.

SJReaver
Goon

Post Post #924  (ISO)  » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:15 am

We got a week, and if fate is kind, Whitelion will share some thoughts.

Billy is the only one left from my wagon. I find it difficult to believe that no scum were pushing it, so he's suspect.

Luncheon never bothered to tell us why he voted for Looter, hopped on my wagon the second it started, and then hopped back on Looter's the second that started. Very opportunistic. Also suspicious.

In post 923, clidd wrote:Still, your hammer still doesn't make sense for town!You, especially since you've seen E-1 scenarios before.

It doesn't make sense because it was a stupid mistake.

I hadn't slept for a while but was getting into the game so I grabbed an energy drink instead of resting. I read us being at 3/4 and my mind started breaking down the vote count. Instead of spending a second to verify, I was already composing a post to Town Looter in my head. He told me he was risk-averse and I thought a more analytical approach would help.

Besides, I'd meant to hammer him, I'd have used this cool Thor gif I've been saving.

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to The Road to Rome