Newbie 2026 | Space | Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. It is suggested, but not required, that you play your first game here. Signups Here
ClarkBar
Goon

Pronoun: He

Post Post #1050  (ISO)  » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:35 am

In post 1046, Ivyeo wrote:Is that GG?

Of course I'm town. I'd bus Umlaut via a gambit through you? C'mon.

Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #1051  (ISO)  » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:38 am

Official Vote Count 3.09

100 Steps Forward
Image Credit & Copyright: Camilo Jaramillo via NASA

EliminationWith 6 votes in play, it takes 4 to eliminate somebody.

ClarkBar (4): Kerset, shellyc, the worst, Ivyeo <-- ELIMINATED
MUSHSHAGANA (1): ClarkBar

Not Voting (1): MUSHSHAGANA

Deadline: (expired on 2020-09-19 20:45:00).

Mod notes: An elimination!
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 4 | Space is in Over

Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #1052  (ISO)  » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:42 am

Day 3 Elimination - ClarkBar

Clarkbar has been eliminated day 3. He was a vanilla townie.

It is now Night 3. Deadline for night actions is in (expired on 2020-09-18 09:45:00). Everybody has posted in the last few hours so nobody is in danger of being replaced during the night.

Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #1053  (ISO)  » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:43 am

Night 3 Kill - Kerset

Everyone has agreed to fast night! Kerset has been killed night 3. They were a town jailkeeper.

It is now Day 4

Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #1054  (ISO)  » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:43 am

Official Vote Count 4.00

The Veil Nebula
Credit & Copyright: Martin Pugh via NASA

EliminationWith 4 votes in play, it takes 3 to eliminate somebody.

Everybody (0): Nobody

Not Voting (4): Ivyeo, MUSHSHAGANA, shellyc, theworst

Deadline: (expired on 2020-09-23 12:45:00).

Mod notes: :]

MUSHSHAGANA
Goon

Location: Everett-Wheeler Branch Q-5992-CLF3, Third Mouth of the Worm
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1055  (ISO)  » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:51 am

That's me cleared, then, unless there was a last minute switch I missed. (I don't think so, but Ivyeo's post last page made me pause.)

I walked away after telling everyone to let 'er rip on the elimination, and I didn't have anything to say anyway, in case anyone was wondering about that.

I townread shelly. Ivyeo has to be scum from where I'm standing. the worst, do you have any doubts on shelly's slot? Or did Kerset jail away from me and I just can't find a post about that?

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1056  (ISO)  » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:53 am

Kerset would've jailed you; I think they're amenable to changing their mind if we had a chance to speak about it, but they are above all a sensible player with good reverence for open games & mech play so like. yeah you're unambiguously cleared. sorry for the confusion; I legit thought your d3 had some scum equity.

I guess it's time for us to have some fun. I'd like shelly & ivy to crossvote please.
Once you have 100 posts, click here to go to the page to join the speakeasy group!
Join the Get to Know a Scummer queue now!

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1057  (ISO)  » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:55 am

iso of porkens/umlaut + ivy

other one will take some work using a super cool trick a friend of mine found.
Once you have 100 posts, click here to go to the page to join the speakeasy group!

shellyc
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1058  (ISO)  » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:55 am

In post 1010, Kerset wrote:Yea mush goes to my jail. I will give you some bread that tw liked.

mushy is confirmed town then

It's not me, so it must be you.

VOTE: Ivyeo this is obvscum. Good game dude, you had me fooled.

Ivy scumread me in 838 "leaning shelly as scum" but then townread me in 961. Which isn't that many posts. To me this looks like an attempt to position / pocket after knowing it isn't possible to mislim me and instead pivots to clark.

The hammer was after 1032-1036, clear indication that clark was ready to accept death. scum does NOT accept death there. then even faking a townslip with the question "is that GG?"

956 states that they are concerned about mush without expressing too much of a scumlean which is fence-sitting. Since Mush is quite the disagreeable player it would be beneficial for scum to get on Mush's right side.

Look back at d2 final VC. IVY WAS OFF THE UMLAUT WAGON. Umlaut's vote on Ivy is clear distancing. Ivy instead tries to mislim clark and deflect onto them; as clark is extremely mislimable.

631 states that they think Umlaut is rather townie. One scum TRing their partner and the other SRing their partner is quite the viable strategy. Look at how they voted for umlaut in 529 then deflected onto clark when umlaut was in danger of being limmed. This sounds awfully like an attempt to first bus, then save their partner. The progression is completely illogical.

533 is fence-sitting on Umlaut's alignment - which indicates that ivy has no interest in sorting the alignment of Umlaut, which indicates a partnership.

There are many, many more examples. Ivy you have done well presenting a fairly readable ISO. But I know you're scum. Be very, very afraid. There's no way you're winning this f4.

shellyc
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1059  (ISO)  » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:56 am

time for dinner; I'll come back soon

MUSHSHAGANA
Goon

Post Post #1060  (ISO)  » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:58 am

My Day 3 here was probably my weakest play ever. I legitimately blanked on a ton of mechanical elements of the game, and lost the plot as a result. There was simply no chance of recovering from that without dying or being cleared. And then I misunderstood the gamestate and pushed for the /wrong one/. Bad play all around, my fault.

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1061  (ISO)  » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:58 am

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1062  (ISO)  » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:59 am

In post 1060, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:My Day 3 here was probably my weakest play ever. I legitimately blanked on a ton of mechanical elements of the game, and lost the plot as a result. There was simply no chance of recovering from that without dying or being cleared. And then I misunderstood the gamestate and pushed for the /wrong one/. Bad play all around, my fault.

it's ok; it happens.

shellyc
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1063  (ISO)  » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:00 am

lets duel ivy aka outed scum

shellyc
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1064  (ISO)  » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:01 am

how'd you do that worsty? really cool

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1065  (ISO)  » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:02 am

aorn I'm leaning weakly towards voting shelly over ivy but I'm predisposed to bias from earlier in the game so imma do some reading first.

did you wanna towncase shelly to scumcase ivy at all MUSH? obviously the onus isn't on you to carry this f4; we'll share the burden. but us critiquing each others' solves is gonna be what finds the valuable tells here imo.

shellyc
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1066  (ISO)  » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:04 am

my slot was empty. yeah it sure was

I got a green role PM and that's all that matters

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1067  (ISO)  » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:05 am

In post 1064, shellyc wrote:how'd you do that worsty? really cool

these three boxes support up to 3 users. Jacksonvirgo pointed out a while ago that you can concatenate the URLs from multi-user ISOs to make one link with as many players as you want :D

MUSHSHAGANA
Goon

Post Post #1068  (ISO)  » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:11 am

Interesting fun fact: Ivy lied. Let me grab the proof.

In post 1030, Ivyeo wrote:
In post 1002, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:--Snipped for size--

I disagree with the whole I started pushing back on Clark after I was voted for misses 2 Key aspects. 1, I voted on Clark Before they voted on me. My push on Clark lasted pretty much the whole day. The rest of what I said after pushing was in direct reply to Worst, and by the time I was able to check again there was a Hammer. While I admit I got really defensive, I started pushing on him first as I thought I had a read, but when people didn't go along I kinda lost confidence in it I Guess...

I just scrolled through the combined Umlaut/Ivy ISO from D1 to N2. Ivy pushed Clark /one time/. The time I spotted. There was not a sustained push. It's possible I missed it, but I didn't even see an Ivyeo vote on Clark /at all/ there. I'd quote, but it's hard to quote /an absence/. I'd like a second set of eyes.

What I /did/ see was a lot of "I don't like ClarkBar very much," being very careful not to scumread him. Then the teeth come out near the end of Clark's push on Ivy -- he reveals the intent, push ends. That's critical mass on the Umlaut wagon, Ivy's vote jumps. Hmm...

the worst: I want your thoughts on Shelly in detail, so I can second guess myself through your eyes.

MUSHSHAGANA
Goon

Post Post #1069  (ISO)  » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:13 am

Also, an interesting error made: Ivyeo pushed back on Clark not after Clark voted her, but after Clark UNVOTED her -- but before he moved his vote to Umlaut.

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1070  (ISO)  » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:14 am

Spicy. I'd like Ivy to respond to that when she checks in.

I'll hop onto explaining my shelly anxities tomorrow. I think the towntells I'm seeing from her are quite easily fakeable especially given her self-awareness. In retrospect she played D3 in a way that made it veeery unlikely that she would be jailkept (capitalising on your faltering towniness while insisting that she would be absolutely fine with being jailkept herself, without actually pushing against you).

shellyc
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1071  (ISO)  » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:22 am

In post 598, Ivyeo wrote:Looking to use my vote somewhere else, but I'm still not sure on where? I still don't paticularly like Clark, but no one else is going there currently, still my vote is currently useless on no one
VOTE: ClarkBar

they did vote clark.

but the push was rather omgussy and weak

shellyc
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1072  (ISO)  » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:24 am

"shelly looks townie but because she's good at playing scum + self aware"

when will you stop being so paranoid of me worsty

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1073  (ISO)  » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:30 am

when hell freezes over, my friend

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1074  (ISO)  » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:31 am

eh I'm actively aware I'm paranoid/nervous
it's more a tell that I need to work harder than a reliable tell of your alignment

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to The Road to Rome