Newbie 2038: Elements [Night 3]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. It is suggested, but not required, that you play your first game here. Signups Here
safebet222
Goon

Pronoun: He

Post Post #1325  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:01 pm

In post 1322, fferyllt wrote:
In post 1300, safebet222 wrote:I think I follow your case against 72 pretty well... and thanks for the answer to my question.

Your case seems to hinge on the assumption that 72 plays better town than this. Let's play Occam's Razor...

Can we agree that 72 has had mostly scum reads of everyone and has attacked anything that moved? Can we also agree that the game has been rough as far as lack of activity, save a few players, and been riddled with replacements, both not good for town? If so, I ask...

What is more plausible?

A) 72 is scum playing TSTBS in a game where scum really doesn't need to do much to reach MELo

B) 72 is being a very toxic (perhaps bad, but I don't pretend to know enough about this game to say) townie trying to drum up activity in a dead game he knows benefits scum

To me A) seems pretty elaborate, not unthinkable, but elaborate, and riddled with danger. Town can be scummy too.

In post 1303, safebet222 wrote:UNVOTE: Spangled

VOTE: 72offsuit

I read 1300 as you thinking B was more likely than A. Your vote suggests otherwise.

Up until MC's case was made, you are correct, I tended to think B) was more likely than A). It's what was holding me back from voting 72off the last 24 hours... it has really been the thing holding me back from trying with all of my might to push 72 since I decided to take my vote off him D1. I think I have made my position on 72 more than clear since taking my vote off of him D1.

I also made myself clear on why I am siding with MC here.

safebet222
Goon

Post Post #1326  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:02 pm

Ohh... two page headers in a row!!

safebet222
Goon

Post Post #1327  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:02 pm

Is there some kind of award for that?

Mizzytastic
Goon

Pronoun: They

Post Post #1328  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:26 pm

Intent on 72

Clincher for me was something Egix said about one of my posts where I talk about pulling back cos I was worried about smothering the thread and how scum would keep doing it. That's what it feels like 72 is doing to me, and the game in general. He tries to get laurels for being the first to townread me but when I disagree he doesn't consider my thoughts, I just get pages trying to get me back in line with him. He says he's pushing the game forward but anything other than agreement gets supressed. The only consensus he cares about is one that is all him and to answer an earlier question if any player has contributed to my apathy it's that behaviour.

Also I don't think scum!CAT needs to bus there or line me up for the next elim.

If it is scum!72 I end up looking at Safebet and Spangled. Safebet has moved down for me today in general and 72 was weirdly interested in that slot all game. Spangled as a PoE alternative cos Egix has felt more town to me today and I don't think ff or CAT make sense as partners.

If it's town!72 I think I'd be obligated to look at CAT and ff but doubt that two players with maybe the most polarising interactions with town!72 actually end up being the scum team. It does kinda feel like Safebet can partner with anyone while sounding nice.

On an uncountered claim by 72 I'm voting ff. 3 town wagons at the end of yesterday still seems incredibly off to me
Currently playing: Newbie 2038 Munchkin Quest Codenames
Currently running: Cosmic Encounter
Just kinda living there, duuude: Quick, before the mods come and make me hit the url limit for my sig!

MURDERCAT
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1329  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:31 pm

Nice Nice
Trying to read me? Check my meta. (14-10-2) --- GTKAMURDERCAT

fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

Pronoun: She

Post Post #1330  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:34 pm

If 72 flips scum I'm going to hate myself day 2.

I said I was gong to read those cases but I've been too distracted. Getting to it now.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic

MURDERCAT
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1331  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:34 pm

We have some time still

fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1332  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:35 pm

for day 2. 35 lb needy little lapdog. :/

Idic

MURDERCAT
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1333  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:30 pm

In post 1328, Mizzytastic wrote:Also I don't think scum!CAT needs to bus there or line me up for the next elim.

Does anyone else think this is TMI that 72 is flipping scum?

MURDERCAT
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1334  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:32 pm

Like specially the use of the word bus seems off to me, if I'm scum wouldn't it be much more likely 72 is town? The rest of the post doesn't have a strong 72 is scum assumption so I actually think that might be a slip

safebet222
Goon

Post Post #1335  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:38 pm

In post 1333, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 1328, Mizzytastic wrote:Also I don't think scum!CAT needs to bus there or line me up for the next elim.

Does anyone else think this is TMI that 72 is flipping scum?

In post 1334, MURDERCAT wrote:Like specially the use of the word bus seems off to me, if I'm scum wouldn't it be much more likely 72 is town? The rest of the post doesn't have a strong 72 is scum assumption so I actually think that might be a slip

Nope... disagree. I think she is making the POE case that it's either me or Spangled if 72 flips scum... she then follows up that if he flips green she sees you as sus. Doesn't make her not scum but its no slip.

MURDERCAT
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1336  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:42 pm

But like there's no consideration of 72 being town in that part of the post. I'm talking specifically about that one line about me bussing. Like there is nothing there about scum murdercat possibly pushing a town 72 miselim.

safebet222
Goon

Post Post #1337  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:46 pm

In post 1336, MURDERCAT wrote:But like there's no consideration of 72 being town in that part of the post. I'm talking specifically about that one line about me bussing. Like there is nothing there about scum murdercat possibly pushing a town 72 miselim.

Because she talks about town!72 in the bottom of her post. Don't let conf bias get in the way of your case.

MURDERCAT
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1338  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:48 pm

Mmm I don't know
Anyway if 72 is scum I could fill a book with evidence for mizzy so I'm not worried about it

safebet222
Goon

Post Post #1339  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:50 pm

In post 1338, MURDERCAT wrote:Mmm I don't know
Anyway if 72 is scum I could fill a book with evidence for mizzy so I'm not worried about it

Exactly my point.

MURDERCAT
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1340  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:55 pm

About me being conf biased?
I don't think I am, if anyone came in and argued for 72 I would be open to it, but seems like everyone agrees he is scummy

fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1341  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:03 pm

I've read the case posts.

They gave me a nasty flashback to a newbie game where I replaced in and was insanely tunneled by a player I liked a lot. Not your case, per se, just that it's an inverted image of how I've been reading many of those posts.

I'm not going to fight this elim again.

Idic

safebet222
Goon

Post Post #1342  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:04 pm

No... I was talking about the Mizzy scum slip thing... but it doesn't matter.

MURDERCAT
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1343  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:08 pm

Cool let's get a claim then

Mizzytastic
Goon

Post Post #1344  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:15 pm

I can't really say anything to convince you otherwise on that. I know I'm the sort of player who reads and re-reads my posts before making them and so am more likely to catch something like that as scum but I doubt you'll believe me. I think what happened there is the whole first half of that post is from the perspective of it being scum!72 cos I'm explaining what lead to me giving intent instead of trying to create a different wagon but honestly I can't remember myself. I don't know anything to do with 72s alignment and I know at some point that will be proven.

I will say though as a more general comment - one moment you are painting me as doing good enough scum theatre with 72 to get everyone to townread me and next you are saying this, and in general that I'm blatant scum where everything I do indicates my scumminess in general. Doesn't that seem contradictory?

And what's the point of the supposed distancing only to in the same day turn it into a relationship that looks like I'm pocketed. And to have me point out that his progression on me makes no sense.

I feel like you are simultaneously holding me to a level of comptence I'm pretty sure I don't have then pointing out how I'm blatant scum which I know is wrong. I really don't get where you are coming from there. You paint me and 72 as a competent team yet think we have an obvious partnership. You say I've learned from modding games - when I say I like modding I include mish mash in that, I've modded one game of mafia and the scum play there was weird and you should know that cos you spectated.

How am I this super skilled deepwolf and that has pulled the wool over everyones eyes and I'm some super obvious every single action I take is scummy scummer to you?
Just kinda living there, duuude: Quick, before the mods come and make me hit the url limit for my sig!

MURDERCAT
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1345  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:22 pm

In post 1344, Mizzytastic wrote:I feel like you are simultaneously holding me to a level of comptence I'm pretty sure I don't have then pointing out how I'm blatant scum which I know is wrong.

Maybe that's fair but let's worry about it after 72 flip

safebet222
Goon

Post Post #1346  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:29 pm

In post 1343, MURDERCAT wrote:Cool let's get a claim then

Mizzy claimed intent already

Mizzytastic
Goon

Post Post #1347  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:31 pm

think he means a claim from 72, which probably comes later based on when they seem to be active

MURDERCAT
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1348  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:37 pm

Yeah I'm just saying let's move ahead with 72.

safebet222
Goon

Post Post #1349  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:38 pm

In post 1347, Mizzytastic wrote:think he means a claim from 72, which probably comes later based on when they seem to be active

ahh...

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to The Road to Rome