Newbie 2051: Iceland! - Day 1

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. It is suggested, but not required, that you play your first game here. Signups Here
safebet222
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2017
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Pronoun: He

Post Post #125  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:10 pm

In post 118, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 95, safebet222 wrote:
In post 93, esotericzoomer wrote:yeah i am 100% suspicious of safebet after that


Why? Like what motivation do I have to do that as scum?

If anyone/your scum partner hammered at that point, it would definitely benefit the team mafia cause (i) if you are the mafia then you know flow trap is a town, so a miselimination would occur and, (ii) the day would over without discussing anything, the town would stay behind.
Can't find any town motivation from your E-1 vote.

Then you're not thinking hard enough

Salsabil Faria
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: October 02, 2020
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Pronoun: She

Post Post #126  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:25 pm

In post 125, safebet222 wrote:
In post 118, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 95, safebet222 wrote:
In post 93, esotericzoomer wrote:yeah i am 100% suspicious of safebet after that


Why? Like what motivation do I have to do that as scum?

If anyone/your scum partner hammered at that point, it would definitely benefit the team mafia cause (i) if you are the mafia then you know flow trap is a town, so a miselimination would occur and, (ii) the day would over without discussing anything, the town would stay behind.
Can't find any town motivation from your E-1 vote.

Then you're not thinking hard enough

I don't think it's up to you that you will decide if I'm thinking hard or not. We are different, so our points of view will be different too.
People don't just disappear, other people just
stop looking for them.

safebet222
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2017
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Pronoun: He

Post Post #127  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:30 pm

In post 120, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 99, safebet222 wrote:
In post 97, esotericzoomer wrote:
In post 95, safebet222 wrote:
In post 93, esotericzoomer wrote:yeah i am 100% suspicious of safebet after that


Why? Like what motivation do I have to do that as scum?

Where's your motivation to do that as town? There's no positives from dancing around flow traps wagon like this.


Reactions... Gotta have reactions to start getting somewhere.

Okay, fair enough...


Sorry Sal... I missed this.

flow trap
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 07, 2021
Location: Earth lol, so creative

Post Post #128  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:44 pm

In post 125, safebet222 wrote:
In post 118, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 95, safebet222 wrote:
In post 93, esotericzoomer wrote:yeah i am 100% suspicious of safebet after that


Why? Like what motivation do I have to do that as scum?

If anyone/your scum partner hammered at that point, it would definitely benefit the team mafia cause (i) if you are the mafia then you know flow trap is a town, so a miselimination would occur and, (ii) the day would over without discussing anything, the town would stay behind.
Can't find any town motivation from your E-1 vote.

Then you're not thinking hard enough

In post 124, floo wrote:
In post 121, flow trap wrote:
In post 119, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 98, flow trap wrote:I'm leaning town on safe, floo and Spartan

Can you share the reasons?


Floo seems typical chaotic town and Spartan seems genuine here

What about safebet222?


See post #105
Flip your state of mind

safebet222
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2017
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Pronoun: He

Post Post #129  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:50 pm

So right now, for me, FoS is pointing at EZ and Spartan.

EZ for an unnatural response to my flow vote and Spartan for voting there when he did. Easy to slip by sandwiched between votes on a flash wagon.

flow trap
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 07, 2021
Location: Earth lol, so creative

Post Post #130  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:52 pm

In post 129, safebet222 wrote:Easy to slip by sandwiched between votes on a flash wagon.


To be fair, no one expected your 4th vote and therefore they expected to be the last vore on me for a while
Flip your state of mind

flow trap
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 07, 2021
Location: Earth lol, so creative

Post Post #131  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:55 pm

*vote
Flip your state of mind

Salsabil Faria
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: October 02, 2020
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Pronoun: She

Post Post #132  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:02 pm

In post 129, safebet222 wrote:So right now, for me, FoS is pointing at EZ and Spartan.

EZ for an unnatural response to my flow vote and Spartan for voting there when he did. Easy to slip by sandwiched between votes on a flash wagon.

FoS means?
People don't just disappear, other people just
stop looking for them.

flow trap
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 07, 2021
Location: Earth lol, so creative

Post Post #133  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:02 pm

In post 132, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 129, safebet222 wrote:So right now, for me, FoS is pointing at EZ and Spartan.

EZ for an unnatural response to my flow vote and Spartan for voting there when he did. Easy to slip by sandwiched between votes on a flash wagon.

FoS means?


Finger of Suspicious, I believe
Flip your state of mind

floo
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: January 10, 2021
Pronoun: He

Post Post #134  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:26 pm

In post 98, flow trap wrote:I'm leaning town on safe, floo and Spartan

You townread three people who have voted you. I started the wagon. safebet made a point of putting you a step away from death. Spartan voted you for no stated reason other than "pressure" (). In particular, I find the Spartan townread strange because he has posted only three times, but you find him "genuine" (). Meanwhile, you are scumreading esotericzoomer (implied in ), who is the person who has questioned the votes on you a lot while staying away from an explicit townread. Do you think the wagon on you has a legitimate or beneficial purpose?

flow trap
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 07, 2021
Location: Earth lol, so creative

Post Post #135  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:37 pm

In post 134, floo wrote:You townread three people who have voted you. I started the wagon. safebet made a point of putting you a step away from death. Spartan voted you for no stated reason other than "pressure" (). In particular, I find the Spartan townread strange because he has posted only three times, but you find him "genuine" (). Meanwhile, you are scumreading esotericzoomer (implied in ), who is the person who has questioned the votes on you a lot while staying away from an explicit townread. Do you think the wagon on you has a legitimate or beneficial purpose?


I fail to see the relevance
This is a valid reason
The "I'm so confused" card is not one I find town and also it felt like a pocket attempt
To answer your question, yes; pressure is a valid reason and it has clearly benefited us as it was a good means for a discussion
Flip your state of mind

Spartan117
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 07, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #136  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:40 pm

[1]
In post 40, floo wrote:VOTE: flow trap

This is at least a partially serious vote. Don't want to discuss why right now.


Found this sus to even insinuate it is somewhat serious a vote this early on with such little discussion, unless ofc this is to obtain a reaction and read responses.


[2]
In post 45, Enchant wrote:
In post 44, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 38, Enchant wrote:Yeeaaah.

So i'm not good at game, where main source of info is people yelling on each other.

Dude, you won Newbie 2046 by fooling the town perfectly! If you are not good, don't know who can be!!


It's easy to explain.

I was Mafia and i didn't need info at all, just lie and pretend like i search for info. In Newbie 2048 i failed as Town Jailkeeper. We won though, but that's not because me certanly.

Pretenting easier than doing actually.


So what you're saying is if you are playing well and have lots of reads and ideas we should scum read you aha :wink:


[3]
In post 69, Enchant wrote:New meta to counter Not_Mafia players.

Count like he is on E-1 but actually that's E-2.


I rate this. lolhammers are all too painful.


[4]
In post 77, floo wrote:
In post 46, safebet222 wrote:So how can you have a serious vote of 3 people haven't even checked in?
...
OMGUS?
"..." not part of original post.

With the game becoming more serious, I can explain my motives. I switched my RVS vote from Enchant to flow trap because I wanted to see where a conversation would go. flow trap's posting style is lighthearted with a lot of small talk and interactions with other player, as one of the most active users so far (might be the most active in terms of post count). I stated my vote was "partially serious" () to avoid seeming suspicious from an apparent OMGUS (as you guessed) and a second (apparently) random vote. I am explaining my intentions now because I would rather have flow trap discuss his/her gameplay or opinions than post joke reactions.


Universal comment
I have always been cautious of connecting "being active" aka posting a lot, to providing surface readings of townie behaviour, it could be LAMIST behaviour or just benign comments that don't particularly contribute to driving the conversation on.


[5]
In post 83, esotericzoomer wrote:
In post 82, Enchant wrote:We should start from something.

but what are you starting from
people just randomly tacked on votes to them without a sliver of explanation or progression so i'm completely lost


Found this somewhat sus that Eso rational behind the voting pressure applied, I read this reaction as scum worrying about their scum teammate being waggoned and not knowing how to stop it (especially when accompanied with #87 & #88). Or at the very least scum trying to act townie and get town points for defending someone under early pressure.


[6]
In post 86, safebet222 wrote:
In post 79, Enchant wrote:
In post 73, safebet222 wrote:Not_Mafia is a person who plays on this site..


And he lolhammers.

I don't want this scenario to repeat.


Eh... I didn't see his name on the player list...

VOTE: flow trap

That's E-1. My theory is nobody's dumb enough to hammer.


For someone who I have overall townie vibes from I didn't like this L-1 too much (at least the way it was done), I can see the rational behind the level of pressure here to try and risk danger in the aim to obtain results, even if it meant someone hammered because if you put someone to L-1 thats what you have to be prepared to have happen.

But then to remove his vote only 18minutes later seemingly because of being voted by Fredrick, hmmm.


[7]
In post 102, esotericzoomer wrote:
In post 101, safebet222 wrote:So what were you going to do? Twiddle your thumbs until sxum raise their hand and say, "Its me!"

What are you gonna do, risk having potential harmful effects on town and make yourself look like a wolf?
There's plenty of different ways to reaction test, putting someone on e-1 doesn't achieve anything.


Disagree, there is a lot you can learn by putting someone to L-1 , for example who tries heavily to defend them :eek:


[8]
In post 113, safebet222 wrote:What did you think of EZ's reaction? It seemed a bit forced and exaggerated.

Agreed.


[9]
In post 129, safebet222 wrote:So right now, for me, FoS is pointing at EZ and Spartan.

EZ for an unnatural response to my flow vote and Spartan for voting there when he did. Easy to slip by sandwiched between votes on a flash wagon.


I disagree with slipping in sandwiched between votes, I had intended with my vote to give the pressure to create the conversation that ultimately ended up being created by your vote, I had not imagined we would go to L-1 so soon after, I did not think there would be enough pressure with only 2 votes on to incite the conversation I wanted, I thought putting it at L-2 would suffice.

Spartan117
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 07, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #137  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:43 pm

For now I feel like my vote would be better placed here.

VOTE: esotericzoomer

flow trap
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 07, 2021
Location: Earth lol, so creative

Post Post #138  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:47 pm

In post 136, Spartan117 wrote:Found this sus to even insinuate it is somewhat serious a vote this early on with such little discussion, unless ofc this is to obtain a reaction and read responses.


If you think town abides by truth, full truth, & nothing but the truth your going to have a bad time :wink:
Flip your state of mind

floo
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: January 10, 2021
Pronoun: He

Post Post #139  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:49 pm

In post 136, Spartan117 wrote:Found this sus to even insinuate it is somewhat serious a vote this early on with such little discussion, unless ofc this is to obtain a reaction and read responses.

Right, as I explained I said it was "partially serious" to avoid seeming scummy / too random.

safebet222
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2017
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Pronoun: He

Post Post #140  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:49 pm

In post 136, Spartan117 wrote:
I disagree with slipping in sandwiched between votes, I had intended with my vote to give the pressure to create the conversation that ultimately ended up being created by your vote, I had not imagined we would go to L-1 so soon after, I did not think there would be enough pressure with only 2 votes on to incite the conversation I wanted, I thought putting it at L-2 would suffice.


Noted.

fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
 
User avatar
Joined: December 29, 2012
Location: Left Coast
Pronoun: She

Post Post #141  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:51 pm

Vote Count 1-4
Image


Iceland is 180 miles from Greenland, and Greenland was inhabited by indigenous North Americans at the time it was settled by Icelanders. But, Iceland, itself was apparently never continuously inhabited before Gaelic monks and Norse settlers arrived. There are no signs of pre-European settlements anywhere on the island. DNA, particularly mDNA studies indicate that a North American woman settled in Iceland at roughly the time of Norse settlements in Vinland. About 80 modern Icelanders are known to carry the same C1e mitochondrial DNA strand.

flow trap (2): floo, Enchant
safebet222 (1): Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell (1): flow trap
esotericzoomer (1): Spartan117

Not Voting (4): safebet222, esotericzoomer, ClarkBar, Salsabil Faria


With 9 alive, it takes 5 to eliminate.


Deadline: January 23, Midnight US Eastern Time.

Countdown: 6 days, 5 hours, 4 minutes

Mod Notes:

- ClarkBar has 36 hours in which to post before I must search for a replacement. (expired on 2021-01-14 01:55:54)
- :]
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic

flow trap
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 07, 2021
Location: Earth lol, so creative

Post Post #142  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:52 pm

Can we place votes here even if it's on a MoO it's still helpful
Flip your state of mind

floo
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: January 10, 2021
Pronoun: He

Post Post #143  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:55 pm

In post 102, esotericzoomer wrote:
In post 101, safebet222 wrote:So what were you going to do? Twiddle your thumbs until sxum raise their hand and say, "Its me!"

What are you gonna do, risk having potential harmful effects on town and make yourself look like a wolf?
There's plenty of different ways to reaction test, putting someone on e-1 doesn't achieve anything.

flow trap reacted quite a bit. If those reactions weren't meaningful, the wagon still allowed flow trap to produce reads related to the wagon ().

safebet222
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2017
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Pronoun: He

Post Post #144  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:57 pm

VOTE: esotericzoomer

Another wagon anybody?

floo
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: January 10, 2021
Pronoun: He

Post Post #145  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:01 pm

In post 135, flow trap wrote:
In post 134, floo wrote:You townread three people who have voted you. I started the wagon. safebet made a point of putting you a step away from death. Spartan voted you for no stated reason other than "pressure" (). In particular, I find the Spartan townread strange because he has posted only three times, but you find him "genuine" (). Meanwhile, you are scumreading esotericzoomer (implied in ), who is the person who has questioned the votes on you a lot while staying away from an explicit townread. Do you think the wagon on you has a legitimate or beneficial purpose?


I fail to see the relevance
This is a valid reason
The "I'm so confused" card is not one I find town and also it felt like a pocket attempt
To answer your question, yes; pressure is a valid reason and it has clearly benefited us as it was a good means for a discussion

Townreading three people who have voted you might seem like trying to court favor with them to get them to unvote you.

flow trap
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 07, 2021
Location: Earth lol, so creative

Post Post #146  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:02 pm

I have 2 reasons why I don't want to go on that, the first is interesting interactions as I've stated before, and the second I will not state as I do not feel it should be shared yet and it's still developing
Flip your state of mind

flow trap
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 07, 2021
Location: Earth lol, so creative

Post Post #147  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:04 pm

In post 145, floo wrote:Townreading three people who have voted you might seem like trying to court favor with them to get them to unvote you.


I hadn't even considered that, but I am better at reading players that interact with me (that should be logical for everyone if you think about it)
Flip your state of mind

Enchant
Goon
 
Joined: November 19, 2020

Post Post #148  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:08 pm

What you have to say about me? Just wondering.

I voted you as well.

flow trap
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 07, 2021
Location: Earth lol, so creative

Post Post #149  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:10 pm

In post 148, Enchant wrote:What you have to say about me? Just wondering.

I voted you as well.


You seem like the procedural/planning type, so I can't really read that until later
Flip your state of mind

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to The Road to Rome