Newbie 2063 | Sweets | Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. It is suggested, but not required, that you play your first game here. Signups Here
Symbiosis
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: April 25, 2021
Pronoun: She

Post Post #25  (ISO)  » Fri May 14, 2021 3:10 am

In post 24, VFP wrote:Wheme for trying to push out of RVS
Meuh for continuing the joke in instead of back tracking, ignoring, or panicking.
T3 because I have played with enough to get a read from his opening post.

Did you not care about my Pear dislike?


I did care about the Pear dislike but asking that question in the post just didn't feel right. I couldn't think of how to work it into the post without it feeling stilted.

Reads:
VFP is likely town for getting a discussion going and explaining their thought processes.
Slight town lean on Meuh for the reasons we have both already stated.
Everyone else null.

Could you send some links to the T3 games that make you think he's town?

KristopherKolumbus
Townie
 
Joined: May 01, 2021
Pronoun: She

Post Post #26  (ISO)  » Fri May 14, 2021 4:43 am

"e" and "h" is suspicious.

Eh

VOTE: Symbiosis

You don't have a profile picture which means I can't see which means I can't trust you

VFP
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2021
Pronoun: They

Post Post #27  (ISO)  » Fri May 14, 2021 4:59 am

In post 25, Symbiosis wrote:Could you send some links to the T3 games that make you think he's town?


Most I can't link.
But if you go through my games list, nearly every single one has T3 in.

I've managed to identify T3 as either scum or town a lot and voice my opinion majority of the games.

I can link the completed games once I'm home though.
I'm confident that by the end of day 1 I'll be able to say if its scum T3 or town T3 and no in between.

VFP
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2021
Pronoun: They

Post Post #28  (ISO)  » Fri May 14, 2021 5:01 am

Also, I just realised that TheBulge and Weuler are the scum team!

Weuler
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: May 10, 2021
Pronoun: He

Post Post #29  (ISO)  » Fri May 14, 2021 5:08 am

Going after the replacements?

VFP
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2021
Pronoun: They

Post Post #30  (ISO)  » Fri May 14, 2021 5:12 am

In post 29, Weuler wrote:Going after the replacements?


Exactly!
Easy pickings.

Weuler
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: May 10, 2021
Pronoun: He

Post Post #31  (ISO)  » Fri May 14, 2021 5:20 am

In post 30, VFP wrote:
In post 29, Weuler wrote:Going after the replacements?


Exactly!
Easy pickings.


That's probably true, although picking a townie is usually not a good idea. May I ask for the reason of your suspicions?

VFP
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2021
Pronoun: They

Post Post #32  (ISO)  » Fri May 14, 2021 5:24 am

In post 31, Weuler wrote:That's probably true, although picking a townie is usually not a good idea. May I ask for the reason of your suspicions?


I wasn't serious.
I just didn't realise we had 2 replacements.

Meuh
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: February 01, 2021
Pronoun: She

Post Post #33  (ISO)  » Fri May 14, 2021 5:50 am

In post 14, WhemeStar wrote:Is this eh joke something I’m not getting

It's an RVS justifying joke and I just threw more bullshit into it when you pushed on it :cool:

In post 21, VFP wrote:I have 3 town reads page 1.

Wheme
Meuh
T3

Pear has disappointed me already though with such a bland entrance!
I feel another push is going to happen :evil:

I like this post in terms of making the game progress but SE helpfulness is NAI
Now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever seen town leaders or even just SEs be scum, so idk if I'm that good at picking up hints on those then :eek:
I see no reason not to be comfortable with VFP atm though
In post 22, VFP wrote:Also, since Marci isn't in the game, anyone not auto town me out of T3, Meuh, and Pear are scum.

Advice to anyone new, feel free to add a profile picture. It helps other players identify you easily.
With that said, T3 never will it seems! :(

I don't get that first line, can you explain?

Also yessss, I can ask Marci to dig up her anime pfp stash, we can get you guys some great pfps :oops:

Meuh
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: February 01, 2021
Pronoun: She

Post Post #34  (ISO)  » Fri May 14, 2021 5:53 am

In post 31, Weuler wrote:
In post 30, VFP wrote:
In post 29, Weuler wrote:Going after the replacements?


Exactly!
Easy pickings.


That's probably true, although picking a townie is usually not a good idea. May I ask for the reason of your suspicions?

What is it with all this questioning on jokes :lol:

I mean at least it's probably good for game progression, I just find it funny for someone to go like "I'm mafia!11!!!!" and then get a a serious answer in return lmao

Meuh
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: February 01, 2021
Pronoun: She

Post Post #35  (ISO)  » Fri May 14, 2021 5:58 am

In post 25, Symbiosis wrote:
In post 24, VFP wrote:Wheme for trying to push out of RVS
Meuh for continuing the joke in instead of back tracking, ignoring, or panicking.
T3 because I have played with enough to get a read from his opening post.

Did you not care about my Pear dislike?


I did care about the Pear dislike but asking that question in the post just didn't feel right. I couldn't think of how to work it into the post without it feeling stilted.

Reads:
VFP is likely town for getting a discussion going and explaining their thought processes.
Slight town lean on Meuh for the reasons we have both already stated.
Everyone else null.

Could you send some links to the T3 games that make you think he's town?


So, at first this put me off, why would townies be so concerned about being stilted? (Best strat is to not care and just move along :lol:) But I don't see why scum!Symbio would just admit to avoiding stilted posting, there's nothing to benefit from it?
So I'm leantown on Symbio for this post :cool:

Meuh
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: February 01, 2021
Pronoun: She

Post Post #36  (ISO)  » Fri May 14, 2021 6:19 am

Let me make a readslist! Format I'm using may be a bit uncommon but I think it's fairly simple to understand, I'm excluding everyone who hasn't done anything to ping me

Spoiler:
TTT = Confirmed town
TT = Strong town read
T = Town read
/T = Town lean
/ = Neutral
/M = Mafia lean
M = Mafia read
MM = Strong mafia read
MMM = Confirmed mafia


VFP (/)
All they've done is be gamesolvey and help, but I don't think that means anything in regards to alignment. I don't really feel very strongly about them.
Regardless, I'm fine with establishing VFP as town core for today and then reevaluate this read tomorrow, I can't really see myself wanting to elim this slot unless something major changes. :cool: That's how I felt about Norwee though and we all saw how that went :eek:

Weuler (/M)
is ehhh to me, I don't like it :shifty:

Symbio (/T)
Explained in my previous post

Meuh
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: February 01, 2021
Pronoun: She

Post Post #37  (ISO)  » Fri May 14, 2021 6:23 am

In post 11, WhemeStar wrote:
In post 6, Meuh wrote:Goood morning everyone! VOTE: Kristopher :cool:
Having both an "e" and an "h" in your name is very suspicious... :mad:


Why is that?

In post 24, VFP wrote:Wheme for trying to push out of RVS
Meuh for continuing the joke in instead of back tracking, ignoring, or panicking.
T3 because I have played with enough to get a read from his opening post.

Did you not care about my Pear dislike?

I get the pushing out of RVS stuff but I could easily see their questioning on my joke be an attempt to bait a newbie into saying something dumb, just scum!Wheme :twisted: asking questions until a poor angelic townie :good: says something wrong and then jumping onto it as a push

Meuh
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: February 01, 2021
Pronoun: She

Post Post #38  (ISO)  » Fri May 14, 2021 6:57 am

Also VFP could you explain your read/dislike of Pear? That'd be nice

T3
Mafia Scum
 
Joined: February 19, 2021
Pronoun: He

Post Post #39  (ISO)  » Fri May 14, 2021 7:30 am

Honorary NoAvi Masonry :)
VFP me and my meta I think is towny.
This isn't Symbiosis's first game....
Just seems oo informed abouut the mechanics of mafia.
Well a nyways, Meuh, can you elaborate on the Weuler scumread?

Meuh
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: February 01, 2021
Pronoun: She

Post Post #40  (ISO)  » Fri May 14, 2021 7:47 am

In post 39, T3 wrote:Honorary NoAvi Masonry :)
VFP me and my meta I think is towny.
This isn't Symbiosis's first game....
Just seems oo informed abouut the mechanics of mafia.
Well a nyways, Meuh, can you elaborate on the Weuler scumread?

just seemed like taking a joke way too seriously, and I view an incapability to engage in jokes or just less serious gameplay to be scummy since the pressure that's put on scum would probably make it harder for them to do it? Might just be a playstyle thing though
I don't really have an issue with the other posts
Obviously that singular post will matter less as the game goes along and more posts are made but I felt that it was worth pointing out :cool:

KristopherKolumbus
Townie
 
Joined: May 01, 2021
Pronoun: She

Post Post #41  (ISO)  » Fri May 14, 2021 8:33 am

Jokes are done now?

Well anyways from what I've felt in past games outside of the forum, maybe the mafia works differently in this country but generally scim I've been tend to generally keep things in rvs as long as possible so nothing really gets done

Weuler does sound accusing but geven we're all newbies it very much could be an opposite, that he's trying to pick up anything

Meuh
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: February 01, 2021
Pronoun: She

Post Post #42  (ISO)  » Fri May 14, 2021 8:39 am

In post 41, KristopherKolumbus wrote:Jokes are done now?

Well anyways from what I've felt in past games outside of the forum, maybe the mafia works differently in this country but generally scim I've been tend to generally keep things in rvs as long as possible so nothing really gets done

Weuler does sound accusing but geven we're all newbies it very much could be an opposite, that he's trying to pick up anything

Yeah, I understand that getting the game out of rvs is important, if players ONLY joke around it does get a bit suspicious, but there's ways to make jokes while still making the game progress.
Yeah Weuler's tone in that post just feels odd, but ig it's better than for him to just do nothing

VFP
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2021
Pronoun: They

Post Post #43  (ISO)  » Fri May 14, 2021 9:11 am

In post 38, Meuh wrote:Also VFP could you explain your read/dislike of Pear? That'd be nice


I don't really have anything with Pear. Opening post was a little less than I was expecting from Pear, but I don't have a read there.


In post 41, KristopherKolumbus wrote:Jokes are done now?

Well anyways from what I've felt in past games outside of the forum, maybe the mafia works differently in this country but generally scim I've been tend to generally keep things in rvs as long as possible so nothing really gets done

Weuler does sound accusing but geven we're all newbies it very much could be an opposite, that he's trying to pick up anything


You will find that exactly 50% of my posts will be jokes.
It's up to you to work out which ones though.

Much is looking really good already working with basically nothing.
However, I think I disagree with the Weuler read.
Weuler responded okay imo. However, what is of note is that Weuler was aware of Buldge being a replace in and this is what I was.going for on my comment.
Plausible just read the newbie queue thread and saw but I couldn't see any where in this thread to suggest that these 2 were replaced.
But then again I'm pretty oblivious to things like that.

It makes it NAI.
If it was from someone who joined from the start I'd be more obliged to push it.

As it stands I'm okay with voting my town read!

T3
Mafia Scum
 
Joined: February 19, 2021
Pronoun: He

Post Post #44  (ISO)  » Fri May 14, 2021 11:08 am

Light tr on Meuh.

VFP
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2021
Pronoun: They

Post Post #45  (ISO)  » Fri May 14, 2021 11:15 am

In post 33, Meuh wrote:I don't get that first line, can you explain?


It's me saying it's impossible for me to be scum here!

Meuh
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: February 01, 2021
Pronoun: She

Post Post #46  (ISO)  » Fri May 14, 2021 11:44 am

VOTE: The Bulge
Applying pressure on the least active player :cool:
I hate it when people send a singular message and then leave :cry: do they even care about us??

Meuh
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: February 01, 2021
Pronoun: She

Post Post #47  (ISO)  » Fri May 14, 2021 11:53 am

I do hope you guys get pfps, I'm gonna end up getting Symbi (is that an okay nickname with you?), Kris (does that nickname work?) and T3 mixed up in my mind because I don't have an image to attach to them
If you guys have pfps you'll stick out of the crowd!! everyone will love you!!! my life improved 50x when i got a pfp, 10/10 would recommend, my offer for the anime pfps still stands :cool:

Symbiosis
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: April 25, 2021
Pronoun: She

Post Post #48  (ISO)  » Fri May 14, 2021 12:39 pm

In post 47, Meuh wrote:I do hope you guys get pfps, I'm gonna end up getting Symbi (is that an okay nickname with you?), Kris (does that nickname work?) and T3 mixed up in my mind because I don't have an image to attach to them
If you guys have pfps you'll stick out of the crowd!! everyone will love you!!! my life improved 50x when i got a pfp, 10/10 would recommend, my offer for the anime pfps still stands :cool:


Symbi is fine.

In post 39, T3 wrote:Honorary NoAvi Masonry :)
VFP me and my meta I think is towny. - I have no idea what you are saying with this. Care to explain?
This isn't Symbiosis's first game....
Just seems oo informed abouut the mechanics of mafia.
Well a nyways, Meuh, can you elaborate on the Weuler scumread?


I have been doing research. I have some experience with face-to-face social deduction games but I have never played mafia before.

In post 36, Meuh wrote:Let me make a readslist! Format I'm using may be a bit uncommon but I think it's fairly simple to understand, I'm excluding everyone who hasn't done anything to ping me

Spoiler:
TTT = Confirmed town
TT = Strong town read
T = Town read
/T = Town lean
/ = Neutral
/M = Mafia lean
M = Mafia read
MM = Strong mafia read
MMM = Confirmed mafia


VFP (/)
All they've done is be gamesolvey and help, but I don't think that means anything in regards to alignment. I don't really feel very strongly about them.
Regardless, I'm fine with establishing VFP as town core for today and then reevaluate this read tomorrow, I can't really see myself wanting to elim this slot unless something major changes. :cool: That's how I felt about Norwee though and we all saw how that went :eek:

Weuler (/M)
is ehhh to me, I don't like it :shifty: - I agree

Symbio (/T)
Explained in my previous post


I agree that VFP hasn't really posted enough to be AI but trying to solve the game is something that only town can legitimately do. The reason is that scum already know everyone's alignments, meaning that they have to fake not knowing to appear solvey. This means they can be caught as they won't think like a townie. However VFP could easily be scum here so I am moving them to null read.

Meuh's general thought process just seems very towny.
Weuler leans scum

VOTE: Weuler

Symbiosis
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: April 25, 2021
Pronoun: She

Post Post #49  (ISO)  » Fri May 14, 2021 1:54 pm

In post 47, Meuh wrote:I do hope you guys get pfps, I'm gonna end up getting Symbi (is that an okay nickname with you?), Kris (does that nickname work?) and T3 mixed up in my mind because I don't have an image to attach to them
If you guys have pfps you'll stick out of the crowd!! everyone will love you!!! my life improved 50x when i got a pfp, 10/10 would recommend, my offer for the anime pfps still stands :cool:


Also i accept your offer

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to The Road to Rome