Newbie 2063 | Sweets | Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. It is suggested, but not required, that you play your first game here. Signups Here
T3
Mafia Scum
 
Joined: February 19, 2021
Pronoun: He

Post Post #175  (ISO)  » Sat May 15, 2021 8:44 pm

Not sure if I like how VFP backtracks but uncced Cop.

KristopherKolumbus
Townie
 
Joined: May 01, 2021
Pronoun: She

Post Post #176  (ISO)  » Sat May 15, 2021 9:11 pm

Holy good lord this is why I should not sleep

(Also Bulge you're off my sus list for having a work life, to Weuler, basically the Bulge posts up at the time, their post 1, 2 and 3 were pretty lacking in info even over time for an SE. Turns out they're just busy)

Anyways this is conflicting because I seriously struggle to view VFP as really scum, considering how silly it would be to claim cop like this, but they're either trying to push Meuh, an active towntalker out of the game if they're scum or more likely, Meuh's genuinely scumslipping

T3 explain your recent post? I'm a bit confused

(As for me, I think I might vote on either Meuh or VFP depending on who seems more scummy, if for their interactions with others providing infos)

Meuh
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: February 01, 2021
Pronoun: She

Post Post #177  (ISO)  » Sat May 15, 2021 9:34 pm

In post 176, KristopherKolumbus wrote:Anyways this is conflicting because I seriously struggle to view VFP as really scum, considering how silly it would be to claim cop like this, but they're either trying to push Meuh, an active towntalker out of the game if they're scum or more likely, Meuh's genuinely scumslipping

Why does one of us have to be scum though? It's possible for townies to be wrong sometimes, I don't understand why you'd see this as either me or VFP scum, with no potential of both being town (or both being scum, that'd be hilarious actually :lol:)

I've stopped bothering with reading VFP's behaviour, at this point with the claim out there I don't think there's much to be accomplished through reading, that slot will get solved naturally anyways

VFP
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2021
Pronoun: They

Post Post #178  (ISO)  » Sun May 16, 2021 2:12 am

In post 177, Meuh wrote:I've stopped bothering with reading VFP's behaviour


That's frustrared scum caught talking.
Notice how Meuh has stopped any progression on reads? It's scum not sure how to react here as Meuh simply can't argue my motive here.
This is why I had to claim otherwise I would have been called scum trying a flimsy case, like scum already attempted.

If Meuh were town I would expect her to be pushing a vote on her as scummy, but the way Meuh is talking is like she knows that everyone voting her is town.

Symbiosis
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: April 25, 2021
Pronoun: She

Post Post #179  (ISO)  » Sun May 16, 2021 6:16 am

Here are my thoughts on all of the other player's alignments.

Meuh:

In post 114, Meuh wrote:
In post 112, VFP wrote:
In post 110, Symbiosis wrote:I don't like this at all. In Newbie 2061 (The only game I could find with you and Meuh where you were scum) you may have had Marci in your scumreads but you did not actively push on her beyond a couple of questions and saying that a marci lim would work for you.


Regardless if you like it, my point is correct.
The argument here is that I could be scum with T3 for saying I have a town lean.
The only argument you are using is that I use the word push instead of read. The wording changes nothing to this and it still proves that meta and off meta was used to justify.
You can try to explain why I'm wrong with that part though

In post 110, Symbiosis wrote:True, but I adressed this earlier in my post.


Wrong, you didn't explain anything.
You came fixated on a word that even if replaced has the exact same out come.

Either Marci is town, null, or scum to me in that game.
Either T3 is town, null, or scum to me in this game.
Since you feel high on the opinion to what I'm saying, explain why these are in anyway the same and also explain the differences we have in this game to the point of me joining in that game.


In post 110, Symbiosis wrote:T3 did not change his vote between 1) and 3) so marci must have had two votes when VFP replaced in. I now think VFP is likley to be scum due to their use of flimsy reasoning and a verifiably false statment. I still want to pressure Bulge, so my vote stays where it is.


After I put you as a potential scum buddy of Meuh you are trying to come to the rescue. Its cute but I'm the wrong person to try that with.
I'm interested to why you have no interest on what the scum slip was with Meuh. Maybe trying to avoid it in the thread to gain negative attention to your buddy.

Meuh is going to be the lim today and a red flip means you are tomorrow.

Tone of this post as a whole is a big yikes, like not only because I find it scummy but it's probably not a great way to talk in a newbie game? Doesn't feel like posting to make in an environment where people are trying to learn how to play mafia :neutral:
VFP your whole debunking of my argument is flimsy and at best only removes part of my argument, and I still don't see how any of this makes me scum, even if my logic was bad. This whole push feels very opportunistic, I clearly flipped a switch by bringing my ideas to the table.
You have no right to dictate who will be elimed today, what even is this


In post 145, Meuh wrote:
In post 141, VFP wrote:Sorry Meuh, I guess you and Sym picked the wrong player to shade there.

You can elim me, but I hope you reconsider Symbi, her behaviour has all been pro-town since the very start, I really don't understand how you can't see that. All they've posted has been helpful genuine newb!town.


In post 37, Meuh wrote:
In post 11, WhemeStar wrote:
In post 6, Meuh wrote:Goood morning everyone! VOTE: Kristopher :cool:
Having both an "e" and an "h" in your name is very suspicious... :mad:


Why is that?

In post 24, VFP wrote:Wheme for trying to push out of RVS
Meuh for continuing the joke in instead of back tracking, ignoring, or panicking.
T3 because I have played with enough to get a read from his opening post.

Did you not care about my Pear dislike?

I get the pushing out of RVS stuff but I could easily see their questioning on my joke be an attempt to bait a newbie into saying something dumb, just scum!Wheme :twisted: asking questions until a poor angelic townie :good: says something wrong and then jumping onto it as a push


I'm scumreading this due to the AtE which I have bolded in these quotes. I also really don't like the Weuler read in . I don't see how can in any way be considered scummy and SR'ing Weuler due to a pressure vote when she did exactly the same thing comes across as incredibly hypocritical.

WhemeStar:

Post 173 appears to follow on from 168 so I will consider them together.

In post 168, WhemeStar wrote:lol i dont believe the claim but i will sheep for the memes VOTE: meuh

In post 173, WhemeStar wrote:I don’t think your scum for claiming - That is really weird. If you disbelive the claim then there is no reason to not think VFP is scum as fakeclaiming = scum in the vast majority of cases. You also have shown no indication that you do belive the claim.

I don’t think actual PR should Cc - There is no good reason why they shouldn't. If the real PR CC's this then VFP gets confirmed as scum and that is always a worthwhile trade D1.


The impression I am getting from this is scum trying to cast doubt on the Cop while trying to make it look like he isn't. That's the best explaination I could find for the weird reasoning. It is possible that this is just town who communicated poorly but I doubt it.

VFP:

They are almost certainly town due to the Cop claim with no CC.

The Bulge:

Nothing more to say that I havn't already said.

Weuler:

Post seems rather towny. It's just a nice explanation of thought processes which doesn't seem likely to be from scum. Slight townlean

Pear:

Hasn't posted much. Very slight scum lean due to lack of posts but this could just be RL things getting in the way. There are much better choices for elimination and Pear could easily be town.

T3:

I don't like or . I don't see how Weuler was sheeping with their Bulge vote and if there is anything VFP is not doing it's backtracking. Scumlean.

Kris:

Post shows some thought processes, but not enough for me to get a read out of it. I like the question directed at T3 in because it pushes for more information about a suspicious post but I don't see why anyone would vote VFP with no CC.

Final Thoughts:

Meuh is the right elimination for today. However, she is at E-1 already and hammering this early does not benefit town. Therefore I will VOTE: WhemeStar to put some pressure on.

WhemeStar
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: January 15, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #180  (ISO)  » Sun May 16, 2021 6:28 am

Symbiosis have you never seen a townie fake claim a PR because they are so sure on a read?
Im a dog that quacks

Symbiosis
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: April 25, 2021
Pronoun: She

Post Post #181  (ISO)  » Sun May 16, 2021 7:10 am

In post 180, WhemeStar wrote:Symbiosis have you never seen a townie fake claim a PR because they are so sure on a read?


No, I haven't. Probably has something to do with me being new but I fail to see how this would benefit town. In this setup, fakeclaiming a PR would most likely get CC'd and you would find yourself on the reciving end of Eliminate all Liars. This would also mean that the real PR will out sooner than they otherwise intended making them a target for mafia. Also, if you are so sure of a read but the only way you can convincingly argue for it is to fabricate evidence, maybe your case is not as strong as you would like to think it is.

T3
Mafia Scum
 
Joined: February 19, 2021
Pronoun: He

Post Post #182  (ISO)  » Sun May 16, 2021 7:13 am

VFP backtracked with his townread on me. Other than that their play has been towny.
VOTE: Meuh
This is e1. Time to claim.

VFP
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2021
Pronoun: They

Post Post #183  (ISO)  » Sun May 16, 2021 7:37 am

I'm not sure Meuh's buddy puts them to E1 so you're good.

Meuh time to claim though!

Meuh
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: February 01, 2021
Pronoun: She

Post Post #184  (ISO)  » Sun May 16, 2021 7:53 am

In post 179, Symbiosis wrote:I'm scumreading this due to the AtE which I have bolded in these quotes. I also really don't like the Weuler read in . I don't see how can in any way be considered scummy and SR'ing Weuler due to a pressure vote when she did exactly the same thing comes across as incredibly hypocritical.

The difference was that Weuler seemed to be actively avoiding voicing any form of read. is the first time he said anything regarding anyone's alignment. I voiced several reads both before and after placing my vote, Weuler literally hadn't voiced any reads until a while after I voiced my read on him, seemed like avoiding confrontation and passive scum gameplay

Still on my VT streak! Make sure not to let VFP tunnel their way to a town loss :lol:
You should probably try to take advantage of the time we have though, you can hammer me after, there's literally a week left to the day
I mean at this point if I survive today, VFP will just stay fixated and we won't be able to make progress, it's probably better for me to be sacrificed for the greater good :cool:
VOTE: Weuler
Reconsider that slot tomorrow

Symbiosis
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: April 25, 2021
Pronoun: She

Post Post #185  (ISO)  » Sun May 16, 2021 8:18 am

In post 182, T3 wrote:VFP backtracked with his townread on me. Other than that their play has been towny.
VOTE: Meuh
This is e1. Time to claim.


There is just one minor problem with that. Before you voted, VFP, Wheme, Weuler, and Pear all had votes on Meuh. You can check their iso's from here. That was not E-1. That was a hammer.

Meuh
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: February 01, 2021
Pronoun: She

Post Post #186  (ISO)  » Sun May 16, 2021 8:24 am

In post 185, Symbiosis wrote:
In post 182, T3 wrote:VFP backtracked with his townread on me. Other than that their play has been towny.
VOTE: Meuh
This is e1. Time to claim.


There is just one minor problem with that. Before you voted, VFP, Wheme, Weuler, and Pear all had votes on Meuh. You can check their iso's from here. That was not E-1. That was a hammer.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
RIP me

The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: June 21, 2014
Location: the zoo

Post Post #187  (ISO)  » Sun May 16, 2021 10:05 am

In post 153, VFP wrote:
In post 150, The Bulge wrote:not a slip by any stretch of the imagination. not in a million years something you ever should have vanillaized yourself over ffs.


It really is.
It's a scum slip. I will always trade for a day1 scum find.

And we got scum here! Let's go!

no, it's a shit trade and waste of an extremely strong PR. a half decent cop gets fucking results before outting. an innocent result can be just as powerful as a guilty. multiple innocents can be game-winning. instead you threw that all away for a dumbass vanity wagon. you either die tonight or are roleblocked until the doc is dead so your slot is entirely useless. Meuh could flip Mafia Doctor-roleblocker-godfather and it's still a shit play 100 times out of 100 to out yourself here like that. Cop is one of the strongest PRs in the game of mafia and you've killed our cop D1 simply because you couldnt make a strong enough argument on its own to rally votes against your scumread. if meuh is town the game is lost already. if meuh is scum we could have easily hit there without you trying to confirm yourself, and then we could have used your results in future days to find the buddy. it was a 0 IQ play and you need to get over yourself.

T3
Mafia Scum
 
Joined: February 19, 2021
Pronoun: He

Post Post #188  (ISO)  » Sun May 16, 2021 10:06 am

In post 185, Symbiosis wrote:
In post 182, T3 wrote:VFP backtracked with his townread on me. Other than that their play has been towny.
VOTE: Meuh
This is e1. Time to claim.


There is just one minor problem with that. Before you voted, VFP, Wheme, Weuler, and Pear all had votes on Meuh. You can check their iso's from here. That was not E-1. That was a hammer.

oop.

The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: June 21, 2014
Location: the zoo

Post Post #189  (ISO)  » Sun May 16, 2021 10:08 am

there is no reason at all to doubt the claim, FOS wheme and symbi for acting weird about it. if this flips scum T3 is a likely partner for the "oops" hammer.

The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: June 21, 2014
Location: the zoo

Post Post #190  (ISO)  » Sun May 16, 2021 10:09 am

actually meuh would probably just selfhammer. T3 town regardless of flip methinks

T3
Mafia Scum
 
Joined: February 19, 2021
Pronoun: He

Post Post #191  (ISO)  » Sun May 16, 2021 10:16 am

Bulge is probably town.

VFP
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2021
Pronoun: They

Post Post #192  (ISO)  » Sun May 16, 2021 11:45 am

In post 187, The Bulge wrote:no, it's a shit trade and waste of an extremely strong PR. a half decent cop gets fucking results before outting. an innocent result can be just as powerful as a guilty. multiple innocents can be game-winning. instead you threw that all away for a dumbass vanity wagon. you either die tonight or are roleblocked until the doc is dead so your slot is entirely useless. Meuh could flip Mafia Doctor-roleblocker-godfather and it's still a shit play 100 times out of 100 to out yourself here like that. Cop is one of the strongest PRs in the game of mafia and you've killed our cop D1 simply because you couldnt make a strong enough argument on its own to rally votes against your scumread. if meuh is town the game is lost already. if meuh is scum we could have easily hit there without you trying to confirm yourself, and then we could have used your results in future days to find the buddy. it was a 0 IQ play and you need to get over yourself.


Well you're wrong here. I'll go over why tomorrow or end game.
But it's nice to know that you know Meuh isn't the role blocker on the team.
Hitting Roleblocker means town win if there is one.

If Meuh flips town, however much I doubt it I'm actually pushing you tomorrow if I'm alive since this is just a fake reaction or am informative read.

VFP
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2021
Pronoun: They

Post Post #193  (ISO)  » Sun May 16, 2021 11:45 am

In post 191, T3 wrote:Bulge is probably town.


Nah, nothing Buldge said is town worthy by any means.

VFP
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2021
Pronoun: They

Post Post #194  (ISO)  » Sun May 16, 2021 11:47 am

I dont think Meuh ever self hammers as any alignment there.

VFP
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2021
Pronoun: They

Post Post #195  (ISO)  » Sun May 16, 2021 12:05 pm

But a good days job done.
Meuh dipping there after realising it was a hammer is a high take for us.
Scum flip and I die, Sym should always be the lim tomorrow. And I think Wheme, Wueler, and T3 should be lock town here.

VFP
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2021
Pronoun: They

Post Post #196  (ISO)  » Sun May 16, 2021 12:08 pm

Scum flip means that scum will most likely be in the order of:
Sym
Pear
Kris
Buldge

This is also where I'll check tonight if Meuh is just a roleblocker too.

The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: June 21, 2014
Location: the zoo

Post Post #197  (ISO)  » Sun May 16, 2021 12:23 pm

I didn't think of the fact that if meuh flips roleblocker it actually turns out quite good for us here. that's fine. still a garbage play, a lucky one at best.

The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: June 21, 2014
Location: the zoo

Post Post #198  (ISO)  » Sun May 16, 2021 12:26 pm

In post 194, VFP wrote:I dont think Meuh ever self hammers as any alignment there.

true, all I meant is that it's unlikely t3 hammered a partner here like I originally said.

The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: June 21, 2014
Location: the zoo

Post Post #199  (ISO)  » Sun May 16, 2021 12:30 pm

In post 192, VFP wrote:If Meuh flips town, however much I doubt it I'm actually pushing you tomorrow if I'm alive since this is just a fake reaction or am informative read.

if this flips town it'd be ridiculous not to hunt on-wagon tomorrow.

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to The Road to Rome