Newbie 2071: The Sandwich Debate - End!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:03 am

Post by Looker »

You don't have to call me names.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:33 am

Post by petapan »

you don't have to rude and sarcastic all the time
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:27 am

Post by petapan »

if grandpamo made as scum i'll be stunned

i'm working somewhat slowly as i'm busy with other things but having gone through the early part of the game, my views are more or less unchanged from what i got from skimming ISOs and reading for associatives
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:46 am

Post by petapan »

1. i think is sort of a classically scummy response to getting hard pushed by a townie - hockey had been scumreading grandpamo but when mo starts really going after him he tries to suggest they're both town misinterpreting each other and says he wants to end it, it's attempting to artifically cut off the argument because he doesn't have a good way of responding to grandpa.

2. / just look like classic scum distancing, the fact that t3 ignores hockey and hockey has to point it out in is the sort of thing that happens because one scum player isn't paying that much attention to their partner's posts. 321 doesn't get a response either, but that doesn't really lead to him pressuring t3, seems like hockey didn't care that much about t3 ignoring him after all

i very possibly made this point earlier but it sticks out on review of the thread
free crypto
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:49 am

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 3-3

This is a Croque Madame. As the name suggests, this sandwich originates in France. The sandwich filling is ham, Gruyere cheese and Dijon mustard. Bechamel sauce is ladled over the bread and topped with cheese. The sandwich is baked to melt the cheese, and garnished with a fried egg and fresh thyme before serving.

Not Voting
(5): Looker, Lady Lambdadelta, HockeyFan, GrandpaMo, petapan

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to eliminate.

Deadline: August 2, Midnight US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2021-08-01 21:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- fferyllt-Cabd combined ISO for vote counts
- :]
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:05 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 1091, HockeyFan wrote:
In post 1090, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Anyone else see the problem with this from Hockey?

I have gone from about 80/20 to 95/5 Hockey being scum from that response. Mostly because I kind of see what the path is for him now.
You just moved it from 80/20 to 95/5 because my "path" has you as scum in it right?
If this were true, I would have moved it yesterday when I spoke to you about why you were saying the same things. I came into today looking for a more clear answer, I already knew you had me as scum.

I wanted to see how your overnight had changed you.

No, it's not me that I'm interested in. It's the GPM read, and how you have done the same thing you did with me, with them.

You began leaning into me, and then switched me into full scum. There was no cognitive consistency in how you did it... almost like you were obligated to because it was your wincon to say these things.

GPM, you have to do the same with. You have to hover them at Null and see what happens. What if you get Looker today? what if you get me today? You need a target for tomorrow.

It was the GPM read that made exactly 0 sense in a logical progression. If you find him null, those town arguments are just....

Basically, I read this as you having to play a game of chess where you set the pieces on the board in the right order to win. You're not actually scum hunting... you're making moves based on what would let you win and your reads reflect this.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
HockeyFan
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:00 pm

Post by HockeyFan »

In post 1105, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 1091, HockeyFan wrote:
In post 1090, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Anyone else see the problem with this from Hockey?

I have gone from about 80/20 to 95/5 Hockey being scum from that response. Mostly because I kind of see what the path is for him now.
You just moved it from 80/20 to 95/5 because my "path" has you as scum in it right?
If this were true, I would have moved it yesterday when I spoke to you about why you were saying the same things. I came into today looking for a more clear answer, I already knew you had me as scum.

I wanted to see how your overnight had changed you.

No, it's not me that I'm interested in. It's the GPM read, and how you have done the same thing you did with me, with them.

You began leaning into me, and then switched me into full scum. There was no cognitive consistency in how you did it... almost like you were obligated to because it was your wincon to say these things.
I switched you into full scum because my reads on other unconfirmed people changed

GPM, you have to do the same with. You have to hover them at Null and see what happens. What if you get Looker today? what if you get me today? You need a target for tomorrow.
You're right I do need a target for tomorrow. My vote pool for d3 is {LLD,Looker}. My vote on d4(if we get there) is the one that is still alive between you two. You're right Im hovering them at null because Im not so confident on Looker anymore. Fwiw, If gpa does (one) more town thing, they get moved up to town and the game becomes auto for me

It was the GPM read that made exactly 0 sense in a logical progression. If you find him null, those town arguments are just....
You asked why I have GPA higher than u. I gave the town things Grandpa has done. BUT, this does not make Grandpa lock town as they had 1-2 scummy posts.

Basically, I read this as you having to play a game of chess where you set the pieces on the board in the right order to win. You're not actually scum hunting... you're making moves based on what would let you win and your reads reflect this.
HockeyFan
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:03 pm

Post by HockeyFan »

Can u explain what the "problem" is . Im assuming its my read progression on grandpa? Whats your read on Gpa
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:50 am

Post by petapan »

we're running short on time, not much is going on. still reading through day 1 but i haven't seen anything to change my mind so i'm voting now:

VOTE: hockeyfan
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:20 am

Post by petapan »

In post 517, cowsloveSushirolls wrote:the question is open to everyone
tell me how scum!VFP plays
In post 518, cowsloveSushirolls wrote:might even say they're not the vote today if you guys keep this up
small snippet but cows was pretty well on the side of VFP being town despite a lot of people not liking his lack of contribution, if anyone still actually believes vfp-scum kills cows n1 for some reason
free crypto
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:40 am

Post by fferyllt »

Searching for a replacement for GrandpaMo.

Idic
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:06 am

Post by petapan »

oh dear god

i was going to make a comment about how reading through day 1 of this is painful
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:21 am

Post by petapan »

if you're in this game and still have a pulse please vote
free crypto
HockeyFan
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:20 am

Post by HockeyFan »

In post 1108, petapan wrote:we're running short on time, not much is going on. still reading through day 1 but i haven't seen anything to change my mind so i'm voting now:

VOTE: hockeyfan
we still have 3 days left right + with the replacement 1 extra day.

With that being said,
VOTE: Looker
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:16 am

Post by petapan »

hockeyfan, the game has gone stagnant. there is nothing of importance happening. there is very little discussion taking place. we just just lost 1 of the 2 remaining original players in the game. i asked looker who he thinks is mafia 3 days ago and he has only offered passive-aggressive comments in return (depressingly, i do not think this makes him more likely to be mafia). in order for this game to not succumb to heat death there needs to be movement in the form of votes.

i'm finishing reading up the end of day 1 but this is mostly for myself as i don't think anyone is waiting on any more analysis from me
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:03 am

Post by petapan »

In post 719, HockeyFan wrote:
In post 712, Clasko wrote:
In post 678, HockeyFan wrote:Fwiw I didnt think gpas reaction felt that unnatural but a gpa vote is smth I can get behind. Idk if you didnt quite see cows's soft defending of VFP in the last few posts(,) Partially .
To each their own. It just jumped out to me as a possibility.
You SR'ed Grandpa at time of argument, in 368 you say you think they're town, now you're fine with a potential vote on them - what's your case for them rn?
I mainly tr'd them so I wouldnt be tunneling them forever. I still think they're null to weak scum but leaning more null rn
bad, opportunistic response from hockeyfan where he says he is okay with eliminating grandpamo after supposedly townreading him, then tries to walk it back by saying he "tr'd them so I wouldnt be tunneling them forever" which makes no sense?? why would you townread someone just to stop tunneling them, there's no logical process here
In post 716, VFP wrote:I am a T3 meta expert.
T3 is scum!
omg VFP u gonna talk about anything other than t3??

Also regarding this whole VFP/T3 thing thats happneing rn, I think we should shift away a little from it since atm 80% of the players think one of them is scum so if they're both town, uhh we're kinda fucked
bad attempt to divert focus from T3. already pointed this out but bears repeating
free crypto
HockeyFan
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:45 am

Post by HockeyFan »

In post 1115, petapan wrote:
In post 712, Clasko wrote:
In post 678, HockeyFan wrote:Fwiw I didnt think gpas reaction felt that unnatural but a gpa vote is smth I can get behind. Idk if you didnt quite see cows's soft defending of VFP in the last few posts(,) Partially .
To each their own. It just jumped out to me as a possibility.
You SR'ed Grandpa at time of argument, in 368 you say you think they're town, now you're fine with a potential vote on them - what's your case for them rn?
I mainly tr'd them so I wouldnt be tunneling them forever. I still think they're null to weak scum but leaning more null rn
bad, opportunistic response from hockeyfan where he says he is okay with eliminating grandpamo after supposedly townreading him, then tries to walk it back by saying he "tr'd them so I wouldnt be tunneling them forever" which makes no sense?? why would you townread someone just to stop tunneling them, there's no logical process here
We might have differnet playstyles but when I tunnel too much, I carried away and usually most of the time, I dont end the tunnel until I semi-TR and in gpas case, he did become semi town.

In post 716, VFP wrote:I am a T3 meta expert.
T3 is scum!
omg VFP u gonna talk about anything other than t3??

Also regarding this whole VFP/T3 thing thats happneing rn, I think we should shift away a little from it since atm 80% of the players think one of them is scum so if they're both town, uhh we're kinda fucked
bad attempt to divert focus from T3. already pointed this out but bears repeating
Im pretty sure the focus was equally as much on VFP as it was on T3 so idk what u mean by "diverting" focus. Also, I wanted to get peoples opinions on other people in the game
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:41 am

Post by Looker »

I wasn't trying to be passive aggressive, I was trying to be direct: at no point did I insult anybody, so at no point did I expect to be insulted. With that being said, I'll allow you to calm down from your AtE so that, when I actually do decide to re-engage this game, it'll be because I want to have fun, not because I'm upset.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:42 am

Post by Looker »

VFP and T3 softbussed until others got involved, then they dogpiled on James - I still find that suspicious.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:42 am

Post by Looker »

"But WIFOM", I know
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:48 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 1117, Looker wrote:I wasn't trying to be passive aggressive, I was trying to be direct: at no point did I insult anybody, so at no point did I expect to be insulted. With that being said, I'll allow you to calm down from your AtE so that, when I actually do decide to re-engage this game, it'll be because I want to have fun, not because I'm upset.
please don't lie, you've very openly been taking potshots at most of the rest of the game in your posts. it's incredibly disrespectful for a newbie game. i'm not stupid, your intentions are clear.

also, calling you rude is not an emotional appeal, please learn how words work
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:59 pm

Post by petapan »

i don't want to make this an argument, though. we only have to tolerate each other in this game for a week or so more at most. so let's agree, you cut the snark, i stop complaining about you, and we move on with our lives. capiche?
free crypto
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:22 pm

Post by Looker »

Quote the potshots and I'll address them, vote, and move on in my next post.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:50 pm

Post by petapan »

nah, like i said i have no desire to turn this into a personal fight, man. irrelevant to the game. i'm dropping this now.

if you think i'm scum, vote me.
free crypto
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:12 pm

Post by fferyllt »

allez

Idic

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”