Newbie 2083: Viae Romanae - Day 3

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. It is suggested, but not required, that you play your first game here. Signups Here
Looker
Stenographer
 
User avatar
Joined: February 20, 2009

Post Post #700  (ISO)  » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:29 pm

:cough:

MBot
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: November 03, 2021
Pronoun: She

Post Post #701  (ISO)  » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:09 pm

Youre in luck, Looker, because I happen to be at a computer. I was under the impression that the point of the game was to hunt down the scum as soon as possible for a town win. Scummies normally wouldnt draw attention to themselves because it adds the risk of saying something that unfortunately raises questions since.. your know.. theyre pulling stuff out of their bum to fake scum hunt against people they know are town. Silly newbie here so stick with me. I'll use as an example for the vague questions.

In post 638, Looker wrote:
In post 521, Looker wrote:Is it these two?
Spoiler: Maybe #1
In post 71, Andresvmb wrote:Yes we’ve done this song and dance.

Also, I have officially reached 20 consecutive games as Town (completed). I have flipped in another one but I will not speak to that one just yet.
In post 512, Andresvmb wrote:VOTE: MBot

Spoiler: Maybe #2
In post 496, yeezys wrote:VOTE: T3
ive wanted to do this for the past four days explanation coming soon
In post 514, yeezys wrote:VOTE: DkKoba
it appears that i have a higher chance of getting at least one scum member voted out today if i vote koba
sorry, koba
but then again? no i'm not sorry

Spoiler: Alternate?
In post 396, kennyk wrote:And while I wrote this whole thing I did make up my mind and want to go a step further.

VOTE: DkKoba

As the day is slowly ending we need to get rid of someone. I still believe floatingmay could be scum. But as no one else seems to be willing to follow my argumentation, let's get to a more promissing but also shady target.


VOTE: Andresvmb

Spoiler: Votecount
Sorry, still catching upT3 (1): Val89,
DkKoba (2): kennyk, yeezys
fixer (1): MBot
MBot (3): DkKoba, Andresvmb, T3
Andresvmb (1): Looker

Not Voting (1): fixer
With 9 alive, it takes 5 to eliminate.

Spoiler: I still don't understand what happened here
In post 512, Andresvmb wrote:VOTE: MBot
In post 513, T3 wrote:VOTE: mbot
In post 514, yeezys wrote:VOTE: DkKoba
it appears that i have a higher chance of getting at least one scum member voted out today if i vote koba
sorry, koba
but then again? no i'm not sorry

And I didn't get an answer for this
In post 589, Looker wrote:@yeezys - Why are you voting DkKoba?
@DkKoba - Why are you voting kennyk?

VOTE: yeezys


In example 2 you drew attention to Yeezys voting T3. T3 was acting weird and I dare anyone other than T3 to say otherwise. I personally believe that they thought they had Kobas meta in the bag and was blinded by their assumptions. Mafia and learn. Been there and died from it. They switched to Koba in hopefully because they were feeling the play was off. Koba played well but in my book made slight mistakes that raised red flags in my head. I assume others felt the same. Koba was pocketing T3 and Yeezys to get more support. Kenny was SRing Floating May in and I was in the same boat. The first vote was obviously RVS. Ive read through Lookers ISO and ask everyone else to do so as well. My point on original thoughts vs throwing out quotes.

I'll move on to my reasoning for Fixer now. Should be easy. Koba almost never brought up Fixer other then voting them in with an "explanation later" that I cant find. Plus the post with no follow up. Fixer and Koba kept bringing up Floating May so that throws me off a bit. Their recent posts are great but thedoubt is still there.

Looker
Stenographer
 
User avatar
Joined: February 20, 2009

Post Post #702  (ISO)  » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:56 am

In both instances I was emphasizing the votes with no explanations, to include T3's vote, the same way I questioned Andres's voting pattern and his voting pattern in comparison to T3's ["each time followed by T3 (ssbm_kyuoko)"]. I interpret "under the impression..." and "Silly newbie here..." as irrelevant snark and won't respond to that part.

Looker
Stenographer
 
User avatar
Joined: February 20, 2009

Post Post #703  (ISO)  » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:02 am

And 638 was my first post of D2 referencing my first post of D1 (and the game) where I voiced my suspicions, updating it. 'Pulling stuff out of your butt'/'fake scumhunting' is subjective and could be seen in any player without a hard mechanic confirm - are there actual posts of mine with which you disagree? Because otherwise you're just blindly saying you think I'm lying without addressing anything.

Looker
Stenographer
 
User avatar
Joined: February 20, 2009

Post Post #704  (ISO)  » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:03 am

And, again, if my stances aren't original, whose am I following?

Val89
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: June 12, 2021
Pronoun: He

Post Post #705  (ISO)  » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:53 am

Sorry, I should have been more clear Looker - I know what WIFOM is, it was the "pending a mislim" part of it I wasn't sure about. Who are you telling us you think is at risk of mislim here? Yourself? T3?

If T3, why are you townreading there?

MBot
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: November 03, 2021
Pronoun: She

Post Post #706  (ISO)  » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:58 am

Looker, you asked why you and Fixer were at the bottom of my reads and I explained. If you check our your own ISO, it can be seen as a lot of tossed out questions. I'm not going to tell you where you actually explained your reads because I can't find it. Where do I disagree? Pretty much the entirety of had me scratching my head. I thought the answers to those questions were obvious if you read through the interactions that lead up to their responses. Just my thoughts

T3
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: February 19, 2021
Pronoun: He

Post Post #707  (ISO)  » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:14 am

In post 692, yeezys wrote:
In post 691, T3 wrote:koba pushed val
when val started to get a lot of votes koba immediately walked back on it

koba pushed val bc val pushed koba first kekw

UNVOTE: val
true tbh
i townread you because i'm like 90% sure koba was pocketing you
"T3 has one of the biggest set of balls on the site" - Pooky
join: https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/33194

kennyk
Goon
 
Joined: August 11, 2021
Pronoun: He

Post Post #708  (ISO)  » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:30 pm

As I was asked to offer my reads on the T3 and the looker slots I read through their ISOs.

floatingmay gave me some minor pings before I turned my attention to Koba. Later on, looker had some good points on Andres (which were false, but I was also wrong in that case). I am still not sure what to make of this slot, so it is in a null state.

ssbm_Kyouko and T3 ISOs on the other hand, combined with those of Koba, make me feel a little uneasy. There was so much locktown/obvtown-talk from all three of them about each other. And all is with little to none evidence. And than there are these three posts:

In post 545, T3 wrote:do not vote koba please trust me

In post 553, T3 wrote:^townpost
VOTE: kenny

In post 600, T3 wrote:VOTE: KOBA
IM SORRY
But a VT lim day 1 is always better than no lim

First he strongly tells us to not vote Koba. And two posts later he does just that. This kind of looks like he wanted to be on the wagon to not look too suspicious. All the obvtown talk was suddenly forgotten about.

Early on day two there was this post:
In post 654, T3 wrote:Oh yeah, Val is also town.
My defense is that scum would be more hesitant to locktown their partner. Also when scum koba has a read on a scum partner, they will tend to argue the town out of voting their scum partner instead of just townreading them.

Was this to indirectly explain away your scumplay?

I guess I will try and cast my first D2 vote now:
VOTE: T3
This should be E-1

MBot
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: November 03, 2021
Pronoun: She

Post Post #709  (ISO)  » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:31 pm

In post 683, yeezys wrote:i'm not scum <3
if u want me to find a more convincing way to say it, suck it up lmao how else do i phrase it
anyways out of the remaining people i personally think t3 shld be the hang for today, and if he flips town looker should be hung next due to poe. if looker flips town.. welp. maybe mbot or kenny???? idk t3's just scummy and looker is really the only null i have


I'm ok with this scenario.

T3
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: February 19, 2021
Pronoun: He

Post Post #710  (ISO)  » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:59 pm

I get mistimed literally every single game LMAO
"T3 has one of the biggest set of balls on the site" - Pooky
join: https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/33194

T3
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: February 19, 2021
Pronoun: He

Post Post #711  (ISO)  » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:59 pm

it's strongly advantageous for a player to die day 1, no matter their alignment
"T3 has one of the biggest set of balls on the site" - Pooky
join: https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/33194

yeezys
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: October 28, 2021
Pronoun: They

Post Post #712  (ISO)  » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:56 pm

so if t3 flips scum, we win. yay!
if he flips town, then vote looker next.
if looker flips town, then we're literally screwed kekw
but i don't really have anything to say here because i'm pretty much convinced it's t3 at this point and if not well
we're screwed :D

fixer
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: October 25, 2021
Pronoun: He

Post Post #713  (ISO)  » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:26 pm

i had another long post ready but in short if it's not T3 it's most likely Looker yeah
and if it's not looker then i'd look towards kenny

Val89 wrote:Sorry, I should have been more clear Looker - I know what WIFOM is, it was the "pending a mislim" part of it I wasn't sure about. Who are you telling us you think is at risk of mislim here? Yourself? T3?

If T3, why are you townreading there?


i also have the same question here
i don't exactly get what order the "pending a mislim" would mean from that list @Looker

MBot
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: November 03, 2021
Pronoun: She

Post Post #714  (ISO)  » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:51 pm

I wish T3 would post with more content towards possible scum.against b them because I'm not 100% on board with them.being the leading scum read but their response makes me feel less in doubt. Towney play would be to give a better option to consider with reasons against s town vote off imo.

fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
 
User avatar
Joined: December 29, 2012
Location: Left Coast
Pronoun: She

Post Post #715  (ISO)  » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:59 pm

Vote Count 2-4
Image

A cross-section view.


T3 (3): Val89, yeezys, kennyk
yeezys (1): Looker

Not Voting (3): MBot, fixer, T3

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to eliminate.


Deadline: November 27, Midnight US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2021-11-28 09:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- :]
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

On the path to becoming yourself, you'll need to choose alignment over validation from others, peace over addictive chaos, and being misunderstood over false acceptance. --TheHolisticPsychologist
Idic

Shakespeare uPick is currently in Night 3. PM me if you'd like to be on the replacement list!

MBot
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: November 03, 2021
Pronoun: She

Post Post #716  (ISO)  » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:04 am

Ok my last response was F'd for..reasons. My main point was that town win is a town win. Why not help out if you're town going down by giving reasons towards your main scum reads? Anything other than that feels weird to me.

kennyk
Goon
 
Joined: August 11, 2021
Pronoun: He

Post Post #717  (ISO)  » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:11 am

In post 712, yeezys wrote:so if t3 flips scum, we win. yay!
if he flips town, then vote looker next.
if looker flips town, then we're literally screwed kekw
but i don't really have anything to say here because i'm pretty much convinced it's t3 at this point and if not well
we're screwed :D

Don't forget that there are town power roles out there (or depending on the setup just one). If T3 really is a miselim he should be "just" a vanilla townie as he didn't claim a PR even at E-1. And as he himself said D1: A VT miselim is better than a no-elim. :mrgreen:

Looker
Stenographer
 
User avatar
Joined: February 20, 2009

Post Post #718  (ISO)  » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:36 am

In post 705, Val89 wrote:Sorry, I should have been more clear Looker - I know what WIFOM is, it was the "pending a mislim" part of it I wasn't sure about. Who are you telling us you think is at risk of mislim here? Yourself? T3?

If T3, why are you townreading there?

Process of elimination. It can't be T3 and yeezy/kennyk.
In post 706, MBot wrote:Looker, you asked why you and Fixer were at the bottom of my reads and I explained. If you check our your own ISO, it can be seen as a lot of tossed out questions. I'm not going to tell you where you actually explained your reads because I can't find it. Where do I disagree? Pretty much the entirety of had me scratching my head. I thought the answers to those questions were obvious if you read through the interactions that lead up to their responses. Just my thoughts

Fair. I don't see why me asking questions and no one asking me questions should be held against me, but okay. And it doesn't sound like you disagree with 659 so much as you already had the answers, which would explain why I asked them and you didn't.
In post 707, T3 wrote:UNVOTE: val
true tbh
i townread you because i'm like 90% sure koba was pocketing you
In post 713, fixer wrote:i had another long post ready but in short if it's not T3 it's most likely Looker yeah
and if it's not looker then i'd look towards kenny

In light of 707, I'm okay with 713.

VOTE: T3

@T3: Did we win? I have to get ready for Thanksgiving.

kennyk
Goon
 
Joined: August 11, 2021
Pronoun: He

Post Post #719  (ISO)  » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:11 am

I think we got a hammer. Drums are expectantly playing...

T3
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: February 19, 2021
Pronoun: He

Post Post #720  (ISO)  » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:01 am

In post 718, Looker wrote:
In post 705, Val89 wrote:Sorry, I should have been more clear Looker - I know what WIFOM is, it was the "pending a mislim" part of it I wasn't sure about. Who are you telling us you think is at risk of mislim here? Yourself? T3?

If T3, why are you townreading there?

Process of elimination. It can't be T3 and yeezy/kennyk.
In post 706, MBot wrote:Looker, you asked why you and Fixer were at the bottom of my reads and I explained. If you check our your own ISO, it can be seen as a lot of tossed out questions. I'm not going to tell you where you actually explained your reads because I can't find it. Where do I disagree? Pretty much the entirety of had me scratching my head. I thought the answers to those questions were obvious if you read through the interactions that lead up to their responses. Just my thoughts

Fair. I don't see why me asking questions and no one asking me questions should be held against me, but okay. And it doesn't sound like you disagree with 659 so much as you already had the answers, which would explain why I asked them and you didn't.
In post 707, T3 wrote:UNVOTE: val
true tbh
i townread you because i'm like 90% sure koba was pocketing you
In post 713, fixer wrote:i had another long post ready but in short if it's not T3 it's most likely Looker yeah
and if it's not looker then i'd look towards kenny

In light of 707, I'm okay with 713.

VOTE: T3

@T3: Did we win? I have to get ready for Thanksgiving.

wtf you literally hammered the cop without a claim
"T3 has one of the biggest set of balls on the site" - Pooky
join: https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/33194

T3
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: February 19, 2021
Pronoun: He

Post Post #721  (ISO)  » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:02 am

i had kenny not sided
"T3 has one of the biggest set of balls on the site" - Pooky
join: https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/33194

T3
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: February 19, 2021
Pronoun: He

Post Post #722  (ISO)  » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:14 am

i was actually just a vt
"T3 has one of the biggest set of balls on the site" - Pooky
join: https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/33194

fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
 
User avatar
Joined: December 29, 2012
Location: Left Coast
Pronoun: She

Post Post #723  (ISO)  » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:19 am

Vote Count 2-5
Image

Note how closely the top layer stones fit together!


T3 (4): Val89, yeezys, kennyk, Looker

Not Voting (3): MBot, fixer, T3

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to eliminate.


Deadline: November 27, Midnight US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2021-11-28 09:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- :]

An Elimination Has Been Achieved!
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

On the path to becoming yourself, you'll need to choose alignment over validation from others, peace over addictive chaos, and being misunderstood over false acceptance. --TheHolisticPsychologist
Idic

Shakespeare uPick is currently in Night 3. PM me if you'd like to be on the replacement list!

fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
 
User avatar
Joined: December 29, 2012
Location: Left Coast
Pronoun: She

Post Post #724  (ISO)  » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:24 am


Image

T3 was a Vanilla Townie.


Night 2 begins now and will end in (expired on 2021-11-27 21:00:00)
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

On the path to becoming yourself, you'll need to choose alignment over validation from others, peace over addictive chaos, and being misunderstood over false acceptance. --TheHolisticPsychologist
Idic

Shakespeare uPick is currently in Night 3. PM me if you'd like to be on the replacement list!

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to The Road to Rome