Newbie 2087 | Celebrating Betty White

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. It is suggested, but not required, that you play your first game here. Signups Here
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

Pronoun: She

Post Post #75  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:27 pm

Vote Count 1-2

Her love of animals goes waaay back. And her taste in sock was impeccable!

Cat Scratch Fever (1): ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua (1): Cat Scratch Fever
LicketyQuickety (1): Ahri

Not Voting (6): Andante, Somnus, MalcolmTucker, Pale Ale Dog, LicketyQuickety, PizzaPleb

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to eliminate.

Deadline: January 24, Noon US Eastern Time.

Countdown: 4 days, 11 hours, 0 minutes

Mod Notes:

- PizzaPleb has (expired on 2022-01-14 19:09:09) to post before I must seek a replacement..
- :]
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

On the path to becoming yourself, you'll need to choose alignment over validation from others, peace over addictive chaos, and being misunderstood over false acceptance. --TheHolisticPsychologist
Idic

Ahri
Goon

Post Post #76  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:08 pm

In post 61, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 37, Ahri wrote:for some reason I get some good vibes from Cat Scratch Fever even though he's not here we're looking at a Lickety Malcolm team right now ngl

This username generates so much inherent charisma lol.

---

I'm getting good early townfeels from Quick and maybe Ahri.

There's been a little bit to chew on in the game already, but Somnus and Progo's posting have been exclusively off topic so far, which I don't like. I'd like to see wagons build on either of them. Wagon ho!

VOTE: Progo

townfeel on Quick xD

also lay off Somnus buddy

Ahri
Goon

Post Post #77  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:10 pm

In post 70, Andante wrote:Hey yall! this seems like a fun crowd to play with, and I look forward to the game!! We're all sharing how experienced we are? umm I have like 8-9 years from EpicMafia (2012 till it died) then have been here since, wouldn't say I'm a pro at this, always learning!! And uhh you can call me Andante/Anda/anything close, I really don't mind,

Just gonna say sorry ahead of time, I'm usually strongest early game, and I'm gonna be V/LA till like Jan 18th/19th really busy with IRL stuff right now, probably going to try and show up tomorrow and give thoughts, but 16-18 probably can't say anything, we'll see what happens!

My early thoughts thus far? umm nothing is really standing out yet, but that's cause nothing game related is really happening. I like Progo trying to get a wagon on me going to get something to happen, however, I don't really recommend voting people for not showing up, like, if people just never show up, they get replaced, it's a lot better to have like 2-3 of yall vote someone who you know is around and will give you reactions. Now you'll probably go "It worked! Andante showed up!!!" yeah I'm here, but it's morning, and this'll likely be all you get from me today. Also, just keep in mind when yall are wagoning someone, have an idea of how many votes are on that person. As a general rule, Do not put someone at E-1 unless you are ok with limming them. So uhh please don't make people E-1 off the rule of "they haven't talked" thanks!

Alright got stuff I need to go deal with, might try and come back later today, if not, I'll be back roughly this time tomorrow

EM?!!

Who are you lol, I don't remember an Andante, were you a sandbox player or yellow hearts?

Andante
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:16 pm

In post 77, Ahri wrote:
In post 70, Andante wrote:Hey yall! this seems like a fun crowd to play with, and I look forward to the game!! We're all sharing how experienced we are? umm I have like 8-9 years from EpicMafia (2012 till it died) then have been here since, wouldn't say I'm a pro at this, always learning!! And uhh you can call me Andante/Anda/anything close, I really don't mind,

Just gonna say sorry ahead of time, I'm usually strongest early game, and I'm gonna be V/LA till like Jan 18th/19th really busy with IRL stuff right now, probably going to try and show up tomorrow and give thoughts, but 16-18 probably can't say anything, we'll see what happens!

My early thoughts thus far? umm nothing is really standing out yet, but that's cause nothing game related is really happening. I like Progo trying to get a wagon on me going to get something to happen, however, I don't really recommend voting people for not showing up, like, if people just never show up, they get replaced, it's a lot better to have like 2-3 of yall vote someone who you know is around and will give you reactions. Now you'll probably go "It worked! Andante showed up!!!" yeah I'm here, but it's morning, and this'll likely be all you get from me today. Also, just keep in mind when yall are wagoning someone, have an idea of how many votes are on that person. As a general rule, Do not put someone at E-1 unless you are ok with limming them. So uhh please don't make people E-1 off the rule of "they haven't talked" thanks!

Alright got stuff I need to go deal with, might try and come back later today, if not, I'll be back roughly this time tomorrow

EM?!!

Who are you lol, I don't remember an Andante, were you a sandbox player or yellow hearts?

PonyLove :) There's a high chance you've probably at least heard of me lol hopefully good things!!

Andante
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:17 pm

uhh I don't think I made it clear in my first post, I townlean Progo for trying to get a wagon going. Feels like towny intentions. I like that!

Ahri
Goon

Post Post #80  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:26 pm

In post 78, Andante wrote:
In post 77, Ahri wrote:

EM?!!

PonyLove :) There's a high chance you've probably at least heard of me lol hopefully good things!!

vibes

ProgoWoshua
Townie

Pronoun: He

Post Post #81  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:00 pm

UNVOTE: Cat Scratch Fever. I thought through it, and I really doubt that she's mafia.
Woshua is looking for some good clean fun.

ProgoWoshua
Townie

Post Post #82  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:01 pm

I'm at least certain that between Cat and Ahri there's at least one Townie.

Cat Scratch Fever
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:04 pm

In post 76, Ahri wrote:townfeel on Quick xD

also lay off Somnus buddy

Do you wanna talk about it?

Also telling me to "lay off" someone is weirdly strong tone for this stage of the game, especially on a post where I didn't even end up voting for Somnus.

Cat Scratch Fever
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:05 pm

In post 81, ProgoWoshua wrote:UNVOTE: Cat Scratch Fever. I thought through it, and I really doubt that she's mafia.

What led you to this conclusion?

Cat Scratch Fever
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:07 pm

In post 79, Andante wrote:uhh I don't think I made it clear in my first post, I townlean Progo for trying to get a wagon going. Feels like towny intentions. I like that!

I feel like it's pretty NAI to form wagons early game.

ProgoWoshua
Townie

Post Post #86  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:14 pm

In post 84, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 81, ProgoWoshua wrote:UNVOTE: Cat Scratch Fever. I thought through it, and I really doubt that she's mafia.

What led you to this conclusion?

Before, you posted:

In post 66, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 13, Ahri wrote:(2) two games on this site, both town, as well as some fast-paced chat mafia and irl games

Rereading this, you actually have a completed scumgame on this site

?

Here, you're exposing an inconsistency in what Ahri said that may suggest she's hiding something. This doesn't look like attempted bussing, so I doubt you're both mafia. So there's only three possibilities:

(1) You're town and Ahri is mafia. She tried to hide her experience as mafia in the last game and you pointed that out.

(2) You're mafia and Ahri is town. She made a mistake and you exploited it to draw suspicion on her.

(3) You're both town. She made a mistake and you pointed that out.

I just think (3) is the most probable.

ProgoWoshua
Townie

Post Post #87  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:24 pm

In post 85, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 79, Andante wrote:uhh I don't think I made it clear in my first post, I townlean Progo for trying to get a wagon going. Feels like towny intentions. I like that!

I feel like it's pretty NAI to form wagons early game.

Uh... You voted for me before I voted for anyone.

Cat Scratch Fever
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:33 pm

Yeah I'm not disputing that.

What I don't get is why Andante would get town pings on you simply from your vote, even if you did place the second vote on a wagon. Forming early RVS wagons happens like every game, and both town and scum do it all the time.

So i feel like forming wagons can easily come from either scum or town (hence I view it as NAI).

ProgoWoshua
Townie

Post Post #89  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:36 pm

I did not know what NAI meant. Now I know. Apologies for the confusion.

Cat Scratch Fever
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:37 pm

OH, NAI is short for "not alignment indicative"

ProgoWoshua
Townie

Post Post #91  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:43 pm

I'm reading the Complete List of Abbreviations. I promise this won't happen again.

Cat Scratch Fever
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:02 pm

No, you definitely don't need to have that list memorized right away! One of the goals of these newbie games is to get players more acquainted with forum mafia lingo. I just didn't realize that was the point of confusion

Somnus
Townie

Post Post #93  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:17 pm

First of all, welcome. But secondly...

I'm not a big fan of this. While I'm not thrilled that you're going to be contributing little to nothing through most of Day 1, I do understand that real life happens. Your first post in the game is advising people to go after active participants in the game and let people who are posting little to nothing to just coast by and get rewarded for doing so.

I'm also not a big fan of anyone telling people how they can use their vote. Someone who lays down the hammering vote isn't more to blame for a potential mislim than the person who cast the first vote on them. It's a weird high-horse to be on with your first post of the game, intentional or not. Doesn't mean my reaction is, "OMG, MAFIA!" but I don't like it.

I'm likely holding off on voting for anyone for the first few days (IRL days, not game days). We still have a player who never entered the game and is presumably going to be replaced.

Somnus
Townie

Post Post #94  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:19 pm

Actually, two players who haven't entered the game.

Somnus
Townie

Post Post #95  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:41 pm

In post 71, ProgoWoshua wrote:

Fair enough. UNVOTE: Andante.

So... VOTE: Cat Scratch Ferver, because I'm a dog person because you voted for me!

Is this a defensive/retaliation vote or do you genuinely sniff Mafia here?

ProgoWoshua
Townie

Post Post #96  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:48 pm

It was just defense.

LicketyQuickety
Survivor

Post Post #97  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:25 pm

In post 76, Ahri wrote:also lay off Somnus buddy

This is way too premature.

On the one hand, it could be completely harmless. On the other hand, it could be a buddy attempt with TMI.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.

Somnus
Townie

Post Post #98  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:29 pm

I like Ahri so far, but yeah, it's a bit premature. People are going to go after each other, vote each other, and put pressure on each other for reactions. It's part of the game and everyone, myself included, should be ok with it. I'd be curious to see if she's as defensive about anyone else who joins the super serious townbloc.

LicketyQuickety
Survivor

Post Post #99  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:30 pm

TMI = Too much info. It's a way of saying that a player knows more than they should about the roles/alignment of a player(s).
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to The Road to Rome