Newbie 2097 | Kinobot 2: Electric Kinoloo | Night 1

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. It is suggested, but not required, that you play your first game here. Signups Here
TL The Legend
Townie

Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #550  (ISO)  » Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:30 pm

oops, guess I better exist
Sorry about the constant lurking, been having problems with my internet

I think HEM has been contributing enough to make them null-ish in my eyes rn, or at least enough that I don't really have a reason to vote them. Not that it really helps, but I didnt even realize my vote put them at e-1, mb

BBT subbed in, put someone at e-1 instantly, then voted me with no other reasoning then "puts his money where his mouth is" which i don't understand. I explained my HEM vote, don't see anything else that could fit. I feel like they're just trying to find a comfy vote and coast the rest of the day. Definitely scummy behavior.

Takemi, as I said before, is really tunnelly and overly aggressive. They've just been attacking everybody with no real focus on one or two scumreads. Keeping them on my scumlist for now.

Bell is a weird slot. Their reads don't really add up to anything. Their 538 is just "i have no idea what koba is" but stretched into 6 paragraphs. Ditto with their 441 but for HEM. Also don't understand why they're defending me by saying I have 4 posts, if anything that makes me more scum.

UNVOTE: HEM
VOTE: BBT

TL The Legend
Townie

Post Post #551  (ISO)  » Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:34 pm

Townreads:
RCE, furtive

Nulls:
hem, koba (again, really not sure what to think about this slot), larea (definitely a scumlean, but still possible town)

Scumreads:
BBT, Takemi, Bell

yes i know the BBT vote takes plur off me. Yes, it looks bad. No, i'm not just voting them to save myself.

TL The Legend
Townie

Post Post #552  (ISO)  » Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:37 pm

And yes, I am following another wagon. Guess i just am too good at reading people have the same 5 brain cells as the rest of you :p.

humaneatingmonkey
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #553  (ISO)  » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:08 pm

TL did you just steal my scum pool and nullzoned me?

can you tell me why RCE and furtive are your townreads?

humaneatingmonkey
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #554  (ISO)  » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:32 pm

TL can you do something for me

Can you check in the thread every once in a while and just be present and react to things. You really don't have to only post walls. You can ask us questions to help you figure out what we're thinking. I understand Bell is iffy on the me coaching thing but this is how I'll play if I find you in the normal queue making my game harder by not being as present as you are.

Put us in a bookmark on your phone browser and just jump in. You don't even have to read everything. Just wanna hang out with you is all.

furtiveglance
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555  (ISO)  » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:22 am

This game isn't as straightforward as other games I've played.

I'm sorting people as town more generously than I would otherwise because monkey is my only actual townread, and if I just had one I'd feel too alone/insane.

I'll go ahead and call Take town for thinking he's gonna die tonight for whatever reason (), it fits with his behaviour in other games.

I don't townread Koba for doing the same because that seems to be how they play as mafia as well. I can see Koba being town in this game, but if other scumreads flip town they will drop down the list. They've chosen to not vote for anyone and spend their entire ISO staring at their own reflection so I won't bother reading them.

I previously townread RC but he's really fallen off the face of the earth. I'm not really getting anything sinister from him, but he's not obvtown either.

LeRea should post more. I can't read someone who doesn't play. Having said that, I'm kind of seeing them as 'town by poe' just because others are more sus (Bell, TL, BBT, Koba).

BBT has some catching up to do. I don't like that they have 'very little in terms of reads' () after 11 pages. I had reads after 11 pages. They were obvtown in Newbie 2095 and I don't get the same feeling yet. If they're town, maybe I will in future. Who knows.

TL's latest drop-in is scummy in a self-aware way, which I associate with town. I might put them in the townbin for now. I just feel like if one of LeRea/TL was mafia, this game would be easier. And it's not easy right now. Koba predicted a town flip, which makes me sus Koba more..... a town flip would also implicate RC and BBT, but not together......and I'm not sure who is more sus between them.

Bell is waffling. They're doing enough to make me doubt my vote on them, but I don't like that they simultaneously sussed monkey and BBT, and wanted a quickhammer on monkey.

TL The Legend
Townie

Post Post #556  (ISO)  » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:25 am

In post 553, humaneatingmonkey wrote:TL did you just steal my scum pool and nullzoned me?

no did not steal your scumpool, I read the thread and made my own scumreads. Maybe they happen to be the same as yours, but that had no influence on my decision.

furtive has been contributing and trying to help way too much to be scum. Maybe they're just goated scum but for now they're hardtown. I honestly don't understand why people scumread RCE at all, they've been doing a lot. They started off a bit weird but they've mostly displayed townie behavior. At the very least, they do more reading and reacting than some other players do *cough cough* larea *cough cough* bbt

TL The Legend
Townie

Post Post #557  (ISO)  » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:29 am

In post 556, TL The Legend wrote:
In post 553, humaneatingmonkey wrote:TL did you just steal my scum pool and nullzoned me?

no did not steal your scumpool, I read the thread and made my own scumreads. Maybe they happen to be the same as yours, but that had no influence on my decision.

furtive has been contributing and trying to help way too much to be scum. Maybe they're just goated scum but for now they're hardtown. I honestly don't understand why people scumread RCE at all, they've been doing a lot. They started off a bit weird but they've mostly displayed townie behavior. At the very least, they do more reading and reacting than some other players do *cough cough* larea *cough cough* bbt

ok that part about RCE was literally meaningless now that I reread it, so lemme try again. RCE's posts, at least once we got past the meme stage of d1, are practically all substantial reads/reactions. I don't really see anything that stands out as scummy to me.

DkKoba
Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #558  (ISO)  » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:37 am

TL jsyk, plurality doesn't exist - if we dont reach majority, we sleep.
GTKAS
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky

DkKoba
Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #559  (ISO)  » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:38 am

I'm sick today so I'm gonna take a break but i liked TLs resurgance into thread and i am no longer neutral about them dying
GTKAS
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky

furtiveglance
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560  (ISO)  » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:47 am

Yeah, I agreed earlier in the game with RC that TL's drop-ins were 'wolfy' but now I'd like to keep them in for a bit.

If people won't do Bell, I'll consider switching to BBT but I'd prefer Bell.

humaneatingmonkey
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #561  (ISO)  » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:50 am

Yep TL sounds sincere as hell Im not gonna touch that today

humaneatingmonkey
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #562  (ISO)  » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:51 am

I have thoughts about Take

Takemikazuchi02
Goon

Pronoun: He

Post Post #563  (ISO)  » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:53 am

Let's do this HEM

humaneatingmonkey
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #564  (ISO)  » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:53 am

I just woke up so you'll have to wait :lol:

furtiveglance
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565  (ISO)  » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:56 am

Unofficial Votecount:

TL the Legend (3) - BBT, RC, Take
BBT (2) - Bell, TL
Bell (1) - furtiveglance

Not voting - HEM, Koba, LeRea

I think this is correct.

humaneatingmonkey
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #566  (ISO)  » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:58 am

It's time to pay LaRea attention

Takemikazuchi02
Goon

Pronoun: He

Post Post #567  (ISO)  » Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:25 pm

Given LeRea's track record so far, trying to question him is gonna be a waste of time and we only have 2 days left so let's not wait until the last second before forcing someone to claim like what happened in my last game.

Bell
Sharp Note

Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #568  (ISO)  » Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:39 pm

In post 537, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 531, Bell wrote:1. They’re spammy filler questions and you’ve been completely off on who you’ve been suspecting all game. I personally think you’re town.
2. I am being pretty defensive. But I guess you can’t or won’t see that. Though. I argue what the point of being defensive would help.
3. Uh, why is having reads differently from everyone else a bad thing I also mentioned I was pressuring players and largely don’t know who the scum are, so I was trying to figure that out.
4. I don’t remember ever using the word manipulative. Albeit, you have been trying to pocket furtive all game blatantly, but town pocket people too so I let it pass.
5. It looked like a lot of advice frontloaded into the game. A lot of it not applicable or generalizable to everyone.
6. I was pushing the new slot. While being honest about my position.

Sorry I think I missed the context on which numbers address what so I'll just shoot blind.
1. Do you mean Koba's play can be reduced to spammy filler questions — do you think their process isn't genuine?
2. I guess I won't. It's just that there's three people trying to get you out of this game and it's not clear to me that you have pinned which one is scum or if there's scum around your wagon.
3. Yes, that's a bad thing that you don't have at least a PoE.
4. Sorry, yeah you haven't. This is the direct quote:
In post 298, Bell wrote:Nope nope nope. This post bothers me a lot. It’s whacko and trying to get under their skin to doubt their read.

5. It's a newbie game and I'm an SE. It implied you think I was scum-motivated but your next move was vote the same person I was voting. I don't think that's a progression I trust...
6. Sorry clueless what this is referring to.

1. No I was talking about you, because ultimately if you examine early game reasoning it will always fall down to beliefs. Such as the belief, for example that: Scum don't commit to reads because they're opportunistic (I don't commit to reads because I don't know who the scum are), well except hen I do, but it's kind of a bad scene when I tunnel day 1. Rather, I'm horrifically inaccurate with my tunnels.
2. I'm examining that now? But it's mostly conjecture. From a scum perspective, I think Furtive could be considered a patsy if they're town. Or at least, I would go there if I were scum, let them get tangled up in accusations and then kill them while awkwardly(i never claimed to be good imaginary scum) ignoring my lurker buddy. They've committed the most in actual text to my elimination or at least said the most direct "I want this to die"
3. I do have a PoE. I would prefer killing laRea and then I'm not sure. Then again, my PoE tends to come down to "Can I eventually bullshit myself into believing I could catch this person?" activity hounding.
4. I still think that.
5. ....Don't get it. My Progression makes sense to me and I don't automatically defend the people my scum read's are attacking especially if I doubt my own read and am more than happy to watch how pressure plays out. The only time I really defend players is when I'm convinced they're town based off of mechanical or individual play. In general I almost never interfere with other people's pushes unless they get close to pulling the elimination in question off, though I do tend to sit on the side lines and not encourage more pressure.

Bell
Sharp Note

Post Post #569  (ISO)  » Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:41 pm

Then again, the oddity from HEM might be a good place to push too. But I would need to commit to a scum read there for that to matter.
Yes, I did just hypothetically examine what I might try to do if I was town being pushed and eventually killed while being another player in this game who was scum.
...I've never done that before. Huh.

@Koba so you're scum reading me?

GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #570  (ISO)  » Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:57 pm

Votecount 1.7
TL The Legend(3) ~ (48), (56), (38)
BlueBloodedToffee(2) ~ (89), (9)
Bell(1) ~ (91)

Not Voting (3): LeRea(9), (98), (111)

With 9 alive it takes 5 to eliminate.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2022-06-26 00:42:19)

FLAVOR
!req Brazil 1985 [1216 --plus 1000]

Mod RemindersDual Mod ISO: viewtopic.php?t=89584&f=11&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&user_select%5B%5D=33385&user_select%5B%5D=32624&user_select%5B%5D=0&user_sort=Go

LeRea has been prodded
GeorgeBailey

Once you have 100 posts, click here to go to the page to join the speakeasy group.

humaneatingmonkey
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #571  (ISO)  » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:06 pm

VOTE: Bell It's time for this wagon. Toot toot.

Bell
Sharp Note

Post Post #572  (ISO)  » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:08 pm

Cool.

VOTE: LaRea

Bell
Sharp Note

Post Post #573  (ISO)  » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:09 pm

@TL: The difference is that for some reason people were pushing for TL to die over LaRea when you're both similar. It didn't add up.

humaneatingmonkey
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #574  (ISO)  » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:23 pm

Why are you not pushing those people?

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to The Road to Rome