Newbie 2097 | Kinobot 2: Electric Kinoloo | Day 2

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. It is suggested, but not required, that you play your first game here. Signups Here
RCEnigma
Survivor

Post Post #650  (ISO)  » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:20 pm

VOTE: Dkkoba

I feel like it’s possible that Hem catches heat for being the hardest pusher but in f2f and Cam mafia “scum or pr” is a common read. It fits particularly well with cop (the most common cam pr afaik) because it definitely does detach a player from the game state knowing they have the opportunity for additional info that town isn’t privy to.

With that said I think Kona is also detached from the game without cop on the table leaving just scum as the remaining explanation. I guess it also explains why Bell was hesitant to push on Koba despite the read they had and the idea was to use a check there. But we can nip it in the bud today.

Also it should be said that we get no additional info with cop outed today. We are either in C1 and Bell dies without being able to relay their check or we are in a1 and roleblocker makes the setup mountainous + doc. Mountainous in the sense that town has no invest power. Doc can at best go 1 for 1 with a cc if they get a save beforehand but it’s a slim shot.

humaneatingmonkey
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #651  (ISO)  » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:23 pm

Interesting... do you play cam and f2f mafia?

inb4 im spamming weak questions

humaneatingmonkey
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #652  (ISO)  » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:29 pm

I can buy your Koba read if only Koba isn't really fun to play with/watch play that I'd rather see until ELo tbh
If Take's wagon doesn't catch popularity, I would even go for LeRea.

I definitely think Koba being too confident in their meta read on Bell will stop being a thing and we'll see more from him.
Tbh I thought Koba's "lack of engagement" is from not wanting to spam and turn people off from a newbie. And also idk if they're trying to remedy a common complaint on their playstyle. Quotation because I don't think it's even lack of engagement at all, just less chaotic energy from them.

They turned away from engaging me (our conversation was developing into a clash) which I also attributed to this. I don't think Koba shies away from a fight regardless of alignment though — but I can't back that up! Need someone to dive meta for me...

humaneatingmonkey
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #653  (ISO)  » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:30 pm

They. They. They.

LeRea
Townie

Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #654  (ISO)  » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:52 pm

Yo, sorry for the inactivity. I'm going to ask for replacement. I've been sick and still am. I tried to keep up, but obviously that didn't work out.

Just a couple of thoughts that I had -
1. BBT case doesn't look too strong
2. Keep an eye on RCE

AMA if you want.

humaneatingmonkey
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #655  (ISO)  » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:57 pm

Hi LeRea

I'm so sorry you're sick
I hope you recover and we play with each other again

Bell
Sharp Note

Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #656  (ISO)  » Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:42 am

Feel better LeRea.

Bell
Sharp Note

Post Post #657  (ISO)  » Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:47 am

Sadly there won't be a counter claim.

LaRea since this is a newbie game and I guess, while it doesn't matter too much, I will note that it's against the rules (I don't there will be consequences since, you probably just didn't know) to announce you're going to replace out.

Bell
Sharp Note

Post Post #658  (ISO)  » Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:49 am

If you thought we were masons why did you keep pushing me? I mostly ignored Takei because I lacked the bandwidth and I'd already made too many enemies.

Bell
Sharp Note

Post Post #659  (ISO)  » Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:50 am

It's possible they sensed the underlying frustration, I tried for subtle hints but meh.
I don't crumb on principal.

humaneatingmonkey
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #660  (ISO)  » Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:54 am

As your wagon built up and there seemingly was no friction aside from Take going all his way to defend you (he claims he didn't but he was totally defending you), I thought it's either you're scum or the slim chance you could be masons with Take and I fucked up. Made a gamble. Still wrong. I'm now thinking it could still be that Take's whiteknighting you after all.

Look, you were really scummy and I was totally open in my process with you. Sorry I was wrong. But your scumminess was palpable and I am skeptical that Take is blind to it/has a different angle to it. Check your tail, we all can't be scum here.

Bell
Sharp Note

Post Post #661  (ISO)  » Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:55 am

LaRea, please claim.

Bell
Sharp Note

Post Post #662  (ISO)  » Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:58 am

By definition, I wasn't scummy because I was town. But it's an inevitable part of mafia that people don't recognize player's alignments.
I was primarily pushed for personal idiosyncrasies in play and analysis. I did point out where the flaw was in the thinking that only scum fail to commit.

humaneatingmonkey
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #663  (ISO)  » Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:58 am

Note that he rejects the description that he was townreading you and that he was defending you. What could his behavior around your slot be about or be coming from?

In post 548, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:3- If Bell flips town then I'm basically confirmed town, I die N1 and town is back to square 0 with 2 less townies, great fucking plan. It would be fine if I thought he was maf but I don't and you're overly optimistic if you think you're gonna elim maf day 1

Where is this coming from?

Do you see where I'm going with this?

humaneatingmonkey
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #664  (ISO)  » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:00 am

In post 597, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:
In post 592, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Naw he said two townies and also he is townreading bell and has been defending him. i think i could be wrong and there's always a chance of bell/larea

I have NEVER said i townread bell in the entire game. I shared my thoughts that I didn't think he was scummy and YOU made me look like I was defending him by asking to justify my read on him non-stop.

See here?

I'm really not sure what to make of it, and I'll be glad to step off from the podium to give it to someone else on the account that I was wrong about you. But if I have something here, I need you to confirm it.

humaneatingmonkey
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #665  (ISO)  » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:02 am

In 548, how would he say that he's basically confirmed town upon your town flip? It was that he understands that what he's doing was defending you.

It's also in re-reading 548 that I got the idea that you could be masons.

Bell
Sharp Note

Post Post #666  (ISO)  » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:03 am

I've read all of their posts. I've never been defended like that by scum.
Ever. The approach is wrong simply from pattern recognition if nothing else.
There's a lack of barely concealed contempt. The mention at the end of that sentence that it's naive to think you're going to hit mafia day 1 is wrong.

I also liked their push back when players noted lowerish activity from takei. I don't think Take is clumsy scum if they are though. In general I'm not interested and would prefer they float for a while.
I know there's a general inclination to go after the players that told you so, just from an emotional standpoint if nothing else, but unfortunately, they often just end up being town. Which makes it doubly awkward.

Bell
Sharp Note

Post Post #667  (ISO)  » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:04 am

A lack of friction should have been a warning sign.

humaneatingmonkey
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #668  (ISO)  » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:13 am

So... RCE vs Koba. Where are you on that?

I'm just going to take advantage of you being here before you're inevitably utterly murderized :P

Takemikazuchi02
Goon

Pronoun: He

Post Post #669  (ISO)  » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:31 am

[/b]@HEM[/b] I share my reads list where i don't think Bell is scum, you keep asking me to justify it, I give you a good explanation, you keep nitpicking so I have to keep explaining more and now you're using that against me . You keep pointing to those two posts as if they are incriminating somehow but they aren't.

humaneatingmonkey
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #670  (ISO)  » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:06 am

This post was from a different conversation where you interjected when I was giving my case to Bell.

Takemikazuchi02
Goon

Post Post #671  (ISO)  » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:14 am

Why would I not interject when I see a wagon I disagree with? You

Takemikazuchi02
Goon

Post Post #672  (ISO)  » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:16 am

You have no ground to stand on

humaneatingmonkey
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #673  (ISO)  » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:18 am

Didn't you just say you weren't defending him

Takemikazuchi02
Goon

Post Post #674  (ISO)  » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:30 am

If you consider that defending then yeah I defended him. Are semantic games all you have?

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to The Road to Rome