Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:27 am

Post by Greeting »

VOTE: Wayward Son

Hello everyone! If it's your first game, welcome to MafiaScum. If it's your second, third, fourth or even fifth game, glad you stayed around!

I am an SE player, which stands for Semi-Experienced player. This means that I have played enough games on this site to not qualify for Newbie status anymore. If you received a green role in your PM, that means we're on the same team. If you need help about what you should be doing right now, ask in-thread and you shall receive. :)

The first phase of the game is called RVS, which stands for random voting stage. We still have nothing to go with, so we just vote for random people. Eventually, actual reads should naturally emerge.

Most importantly, remember that this is a game and you should have fun!
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (isolation #1) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:15 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 13, Calum wrote:
In post 12, BloodB0t wrote:VOTE: Emollient for putting someone at e-2 so early.
We're still in RVS. Why so serious?
In post 14, BloodB0t wrote:It's not really serious.
It may not seem serious, but maybe it does deserve taking a closer look. In my experience, it's not uncommon for a slot to get 2 votes in RVS in a 9p setup, but 3? Starts getting into dangerous territory.

Now keeping tabs on the early
Tejate Raichu
wagon.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (isolation #2) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:21 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 20, Wayward Son wrote:VOTE: Greeting OMGUS

I just finished reading 2095 last night. Congrats.
Thank you! I see you're doing your research. I generally prioritise meta of players I've been in games with over meta as a general read. Reading games I've not been in usually bores me, unless I've committed to spectating the game.

I dislike rolling scum in general. But when I do, I still do my best to win. Referring to the aforementioned game, Newbie 2095 turned out to be an overall enjoyable experience though.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (isolation #3) » Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:29 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 25, Tejate Raichu wrote: Personally, I don't think a newbie to the site but not the game would be likely to hammer RVS wagon, so I really don't see the issue with myself being put to E-2. I can understand the concern though, I wouldn't really encourage it.
It happened to me in one game, albeit it wasn't a Newbie game (I think it was Mini Normal 2257). I got hammered fast in Day 1 as a VT, half the votes on me were from RVS and mafia were on my wagon.
In post 29, CornPuffBuddha wrote: For what it's worth, as to what Greeting says in , I really don't think E-2 during RVS is "dangerous territory". Even though this is a newbie game, I think it's pretty well understood that quickhammering on D1 would mean doom, especially not even 50 posts in.
Holding players accountable for miseliminations, even when they are fast and unfounded is surprisingly uncommon in mafia games here. That's my personal experience.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (isolation #4) » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:40 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 37, CornPuffBuddha wrote: Also, KittyTacky, what are your thoughts so far reading back through the thread? And is there a reason you didn't vote anyone in your opening?
I second this question.

Any thoughts on the thread so far,
KittyTacky
?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (isolation #5) » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:42 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 48, Tejate Raichu wrote:Agreed, very strange wording. I'm not sure it would be a good idea to press on this topic, though.
KittyTacky
uses strange wording in general (personal meta experience, played with him before and have seen him play).

It's not the wording that's worrying me though, it's the general lack of content.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (isolation #6) » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:46 am

Post by Greeting »

UNVOTE: Wayward Son
In post 65, Wayward Son wrote:@ Greeting or anyone.

How do we jump start a slow game? I AM Town, and I wanna win.
Make reads. RVS votes are most often random, but not always. Plus, I don't think
all
votes that are cast right now are RVS votes.

Does any voting or posting pattern stand out to you in particular? Start a discussion. People will follow.

I already have early reads and will post them in a second.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (isolation #7) » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:56 am

Post by Greeting »

Early townleans:

Wayward Son
- Easily the towniest ISO so far in this game, committed to making meta reads (), progressing the game (). The second one is more important, as dead games always favour scum who can hide in the shadows and do nothing. It's uncommon for mafia-aligned players, especially newbies to have the drive to make fake progress in a game.

I don't necessarily agree with the
Tejate Raichu
townread () though. Why?

CornPuffBuddha
- Weaker townread than the latter, nonetheless shows traces of actual analysis of the gameplay ().

A question for you though, why do you think
BloodB0t
is "unusually passive"? Have you played with them before? ()
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (isolation #8) » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:59 am

Post by Greeting »

I would say that a lot of players in this game are "unusually passive". Let's start with the SEs. I've already asked
Kitty

VOTE: Salsabil Faria

Hi there! Now that I've got your attention, what are your reads on the game so far?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (isolation #9) » Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:08 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 70, Emollient wrote:I'm dumb and new! :lol:

Looking at ISOs right now.

- Calum is fast: first post, and already reading a scumteam (and its associated strategy "choose one of them" in #58).
- Greeting doesn't seem to be trying to read anything at all.
- Buddha tends to describe things from the above, delivering top-down analysis.
- Salsabil made only 2 (almost) empty posts (like Kitty).
- BloodBot started posting with a high frequency, then slowed down abruptly.
- Tejate shows a natural equilibrium in posting behavior. I'm blind here.
- Wayward has been taking his time, then strikes surprisingly in #68.
- Kitty made only 2 (almost) empty posts (like Salsabil).

@Wayward, am I using the right pronoun?
@Wayward, "Preview is my friend" → "absoluto" was on purpose (but ok, not funny after all)
I'm sceptical towards these kinds of posts. Summaries of everything that went on in the game with little analysis/interpretation. Gives out the impression of activity without producing actual content.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (isolation #10) » Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:39 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 85, Salsabil Faria wrote:1. Re:65>> Buddy attempt to town!Greeting or scum-theatre attempt with scum!Greeting. The underlined part is read to me like what a (newb) scum would say, "Look, I'm town!". [There is a term here for it, can't remember]
How often would you say scum theatre happens on Day 1 page 1/2 in your experience?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (isolation #11) » Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:45 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 90, BloodB0t wrote: Greeting's non-reaction to my vote and getting on with moving the game forward does seem slightly townie, I guess, though it could be scum doing well at appearing town. I do find it a bit strange that he asked cornpuff if we've played together before. I didn't mention having any experience here (). This is my second game here and the first is still ongoing.
How would you have me react to a naked vote which was thrown in and completely unrelated to the content of the post it it's in?

I asked
CornPuffBuddha
that question, because his post implied he had expectations towards your play. Turns out he meant general expectations towards anyone's play ().
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (isolation #12) » Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:47 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 90, BloodB0t wrote:My scum reads are Wayward, Greeting, maybe Calum. Kitty's inactivity is suspicious. Though none of my scum reads are very strong yet, I will VOTE: Wayward because it is the strongest nonetheless.

My town so far is CornPuff, Salsa and Tejate.
I agree with the
Calum
scumread. Why do you scumread
Wayward Son
though?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (isolation #13) » Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:27 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 98, KittyTacky wrote:Sorry I was busy and forgot about this game.

1. I think Greeting and Tejate are town, I like the tone of their first posts.
2. I rarely vote this early nowadays.
You know we have more than just first posts to go with now, right?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (isolation #14) » Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:42 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 115, Tejate Raichu wrote: TL;DR, I believe Calum may be trying to play an aggressive mafia game to focus discussion on a topic that ultimately benefits a Calum/not Bloodb0t scumteam by virtue of not being about them.

Now, at the moment we all only have tiny ISOs to go off of, however this sort of behavior to me is something I'd expect more from a red role than a green one. In my opinion, mafia has 3 major strategies for the day game. Obviously there's details, but I feel as though it breaks down to 3 main ways to accomplish whatever goal, be that survival or gaining trust. Do note that I am not implying that these are equally effective, and they are not mutually exclusive either. For me, they exist on a spectrum of sorts. Also note I do not necessarily consider these hard tells, these are just general approaches I think mafia is likely to take, mafia is not a flowchart.

1) Coasting, a strategy very common with beginner mafia and sometimes even experienced players. This usually isn't even done on purpose, but this consists of a lot of fluff and little else. I don't think this is really a scumtell, but not contributing is very likely to get you limmed by more experienced players, since people simply don't have any way to slot you. This is not what is happening here, but I figure I should mention it.
2) Contributing bad info. This is when a scum agrees with a townie (usually townread player) who is contributing a theory that is way off the mark, or pushing their own. Townies are often wrong contrary to popular belief, so this is a very easy thing to fall back to.
3) Stifling discussion. This is when, instead of simply throwing bad ideas into the pot like strategy 2, you essentially try to force the conversation to as far off track or end as soon as possible. The less townies discuss things that are actually relevant, the less likely they are to successfully gamesolve. This is the most aggressive of the 3, you essentially have to be dominating the conversation for this to be pulled off. More experienced players are likely to be wary of this, but in a newbie game people are far more likely to simply "follow the leader". Not speaking about you guys specifically, but largely speaking people brand new to the game do this when presented with domineering mafia play.
At first, I typed this sentence:
This is a good observation coming from a townie mindset. I think
Tejate Raichu
should be off the radar for Day 1 as well.
I pointed out that I usually don't solve games by assuming that the mafia team has a strategy, because there might as well be none. But then took the time to actually analyse what has been given here, and something's off here.
In post 115, Tejate Raichu wrote:In my opinion, Calum's play thus far lines up more with 2 and 3 than what I would expect a townie to be saying this early. Especially the part where they immediately suggested to vote one of me or Bloodb0t. The biggest thing that gives me pause at the moment is that, if they are leaning 3, the most aggressive playstyle, I would expect them to be following up more, especially with my posts countering Calum. They did say they were new, but I don't want to discount this doubt based on that alone.
Then, I looked at
Calum
's ISO. It's full of single-sentenced posts, questions, half-naked votes. Very little content.

How would you categorise this as 2/3? It's
literally
coasting. He does not engage in discussion, his questions do not redirect the discussion. His influence on the game is minuscule.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (isolation #15) » Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:49 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 122, BloodB0t wrote:
This kind of seems like splitting hairs. As you say, it's not like scum has to have a strategy that they stick to. They could switch things up depending on any number of things. I do think Calum's been exhibiting behavior from all 3 categories. His low post/word count could be considered coasting, but all of his little content fits into 2/3. That doesn't exonerate them at all. Calum has been one of the most scummy players so far. The specific categorization of his strategy doesn't really matter.

I think your overall play exhibits strategy number 2, which is the most dangerous one for town in my opinion. You're also using strategy 3 in the quoted post because the inconsistency you point out doesn't really matter.

I would prefer to Lim you day 1, so VOTE: Greeting, but I am also willing to hammer the more harmless scum in Wayward/Calum because those are more likely to actually happen. I sense that a D1 vote on you probably won't be gaining much traction, which is unfortunate.
Nice try. I was just about to wait for
Tejate
to respond and start questioning him about his townread of you, but this pre-emptive attack seems to me that I'm heading towards the right direction.

This vote is completely unsurprising. It makes sense when one looks back at
Tejate Raichu
's ISO and he actually white knighted you () even though, in my opinion, there's really no reason for town to do so. I was just pondering a potential
Tejate
/
BloodB0t
team. Even if
Tejate
is actually town, he's the only notable advocate to not eliminate you.

What's the truth? Your "reads" are inconsistent and chaotic. Townies sometimes are inconsistent and chaotic, but not within one post:
In post 90, BloodB0t wrote:
Greeting's non-reaction to my vote and getting on with moving the game forward does seem slightly townie
, I guess, though it could be scum doing well at appearing town. I do find it a bit strange that he asked cornpuff if we've played together before. I didn't mention having any experience here (). This is my second game here and the first is still ongoing.
As a matter of fact, I replied to you in , but you didn't really seem to care. Is that really inciting discussion or just posting reads for the sake of it?
My scum reads are Wayward, Greeting, maybe Calum.
Kitty's inactivity is suspicious. Though none of my scum reads are very strong yet, I will VOTE: Wayward because it is the strongest nonetheless.
You defend yourself by claiming that your votes were intentionally strange () and you're "making waves" and want to see what happens ().

Your voting record so far is also really bad, your main scumreads are literally obvtown players (even if you not count myself). These are all actually book scumreads, from Mini's Scumhunting Kit: :"Trying to discredit obvtown people for bad reasons", "Being "jokingly" scummy, self-admitting they are scummy, claiming scum" (admitting your bad ISO).

And, since LAMIST has been mentioned in this game before, trying to initiate discussion for the sake of it, not for the sake of forming reads literally falls under the definition from this scumhumting guide.
"Look at me, I'm so town!" (+1.0)
It's the so-called LAMIST tell and it's still relevant enough to have its own acronym! Newbscum usually are very concerned with 'looking good' to avoid falling under suspicion, but don't know how to fake-scumhunt. Instead, they will do things like pushing the lurkers to contribute, trying to "resuscitate" them by voting them, asking for reads on themselves, talking a lot about the game itself (this is called IIoA), claiming they are doing anything in their power to get information.
Post in reference - : zero relation of vote to post content, claiming to elicit reaction afterwards.

This is a good Day 1 elimination.

VOTE: BloodB0t
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (isolation #16) » Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:53 am

Post by Greeting »

Important:

BloodB0t
is at E-2 now. If you agree with this read, feel free to jump in, but please announce that you're putting him on E-1.

It is customary on MafiaScum to announce intent to hammer before casting the final eliminating vote. This is done so that the player who is about to be hammered has time to claim and that we don't lose a potential power role.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (isolation #17) » Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:21 am

Post by Greeting »

For the record, that someone was none other than...
Tejate Raichu
. :neutral:

If
BloodB0t
flips red then I am going after
Tejate
tomorrow.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (isolation #18) » Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:59 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 130, lendunistus wrote:please tell me if bloodb0t is supposed to be e-2 or not i'm writing this at 11pm and my brain is fried
He's definitely not at E-2, it was my mistake for not noticing the unvote.

I would say that counting as an unvote (the vote was on
BloodB0t
originally) is up to mod discretion.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (isolation #19) » Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:00 am

Post by Greeting »

Will answer the rest tomorrow.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (isolation #20) » Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:14 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 127, Salsabil Faria wrote:Can you explain, why you think they can be the scumteam?
There exists a pattern in this game in which
Tejate Raichu
and
BloodB0t
show signs of supporting rach other each other (, - from
Tejate
), and even
BloodB0t
defends
Tejate Raichu
() even though in my opinion, there isn't enough towny stuff by
BloodB0t
to support this.

Another notable connection between the two is post , from
Tejate
, where he claims that
BloodB0t
should "post more". But it's not really that threatening.
In post 91, Tejate Raichu wrote: No disagreement there, Bloodb0t should be posting given the large amount of contention his slot has at the moment. However, I do take issue with Calum hard pushing me and him as a group.
My major issue here is that
BloodB0t
on surface level is not even remotely towny and yet,
Tejate
writes him off and even slightly supports him.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (isolation #21) » Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:20 am

Post by Greeting »

I am 100% aware that
Calum
's ISO is bad. This, on surface level, is the literal definition of a coaster and is a commonly used scumtell.

But why has no one said this as a major argument to vote him out?
Tejate Raichu
's about
Calum
looks townie on the surface, but when I read into it, his real reason for voting him out just doesn't make sense and doesn't add up.

(in his words he said it's a combination of 2/3)
In post 115, Tejate Raichu wrote:2) Contributing bad info. This is when a scum agrees with a townie (usually townread player) who is contributing a theory that is way off the mark, or pushing their own. Townies are often wrong contrary to popular belief, so this is a very easy thing to fall back to.
3) Stifling discussion. This is when, instead of simply throwing bad ideas into the pot like strategy 2, you essentially try to force the conversation to as far off track or end as soon as possible. The less townies discuss things that are actually relevant, the less likely they are to successfully gamesolve. This is the most aggressive of the 3, you essentially have to be dominating the conversation for this to be pulled off. More experienced players are likely to be wary of this, but in a newbie game people are far more likely to simply "follow the leader". Not speaking about you guys specifically, but largely speaking people brand new to the game do this when presented with domineering mafia play.
And when I tried to question him about it,
BloodB0t
came charging at his defense.

Which is why I am really suspicious about the
Calum
wagon rn.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (isolation #22) » Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:24 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 141, BloodB0t wrote:Not sure why there was ever any talk about me being at e-2.
I looked at the vote tally in and did not count the votes and unvotes cast, which led me to incorrectly believe I was putting you at E-2.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (isolation #23) » Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:26 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 149, CornPuffBuddha wrote:Calum's ISO is pretty bad. But my worry is that town!Calum is low hanging fruit for scum, and a green flip on Calum wouldn't get us that much information going into D2. I think that a vote on Wayward or Blood, no matter how it flips, would be much more informative to the state of the game.
MTE.

Tl;dr:
Calum
's ISO is bad, but the reasoning to vote him out is worse or even doesn't exist in the case of some. And bad read is a
much more
reliable scumread than coasting.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (isolation #24) » Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:34 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 158, BloodB0t wrote:Do you think Calum is town? I still think you're splitting hairs over this. Not being able to articulate a perfect reasoning to lim him doesn't make him town. Of course he's 'low hanging fruit', he just comes off as scummy with everything he's doing.
I can perfectly imagine a scenario in which he's town and a scenario in which he's scum. Which would make
Calum
a nullread.

Pedit:

BloodB0t wrote:What do you think about a wayward lim?
I have kinda townbinned him already. I'm kinda unwilling to look back on reads if it's not necessary. I haven't found your case on him very convincing though.

Nonetheless, I have noticed that he has been posting with lower frequencies recently.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (isolation #25) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:18 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 163, BloodB0t wrote:I didn't ask for your read on him, I asked what you thought about a lim on him. Let's say he flips town, what do you think we would have gained from that?
I tend not to think in categories of "let's flip x, because if x is town then y is town/scum/whatever". I flip players whom I think are scum, and associations (such as the one I mentioned in ) are a bonus.

We are in a 9p setup, which allows us to make not more than 2 mistakes while voting out suspected mafia. If I am wrong and you're town, I
strongly
suggest that you go after your scumreads and not flip players over associations.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (isolation #26) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:22 am

Post by Greeting »

I will not be around until like tomorrow evening (32h+), when I return, I'll get back to you,
Tejate

But I also agree that
Calum
should contribute more, because, at the end of the day, his ISO is still... bad.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (isolation #27) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:34 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 165, Tejate Raichu wrote:And another thing: Greeting, you have said a couple times now that Calum is LHF. Think about this from my perspective for a second: my "defenses" of Bloodb0t mostly involved pointing out that, at the time he was actually LHF. I used this to point out a particular post sussing Bloodb0t that I didn't like because it seemed like it was simply trying to reach that LHF rather than actually get a mafia limmed.

Does the same thing not apply to why you think my suspicion of Calum over Blood isn't warranted? If I'm reading correctly, you believe my reasoning for a Calum wagon is bad, and therefor I am scum with Bloodb0t trying to get the LHF. Does that actually make sense, though? Why do you feel so confident that I am trying to push Calum because he's LHF? Why do you seem to think this is any different than my "defense" of Blood?
I have made my case with regard to you and
BloodB0t
, it's in my ISO and I continue to support it. I can obviously see a universe where
BloodB0t
is town LHF. I am not 100% sure on that scumread. It's just the best I have for today, and given the way Day 1 is going now, it will probably be my best case this Day.

Calum
is, in my humble opinion, far lower hanging fruit though.
Part of why I am so reluctant to scumread him for the obvious is my extensive experience of playing Newbie games with players who had similar levels of activity (and sometimes even replaced out) who were all scumread en masse for it.
BloodB0t
would be a different kind of LHF if he's town - the explanation would be erratic behavior and gameplay issues (I have played with players who genuinely attempt to start discussions like this).

Nonetheless, my approach is not without its flaws. What if we're at ELo ("eliminate or lose") and
Calum
is still alive? This kind of slot, if town, is just perfect for the mafia to have in the game because he's totally mislimmable.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (isolation #28) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:40 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 172, BloodB0t wrote:How does a lack of contribution and a bad iso give you a null read on Calum? Normally when people have null reads on someone, it's because they are conflicted between different points that seem to support both a town and a scum. So what about Calum supports him being townie and goes against him being scum? It seems like you're just avoiding giving a real read on him.
See .

This is a Newbie game. Some Newbie slots are just like that, they don't fully know how to play, even if they know how to play, they might not know how people play on MafiaScum (long Day Phases, a lot of analysing) they get stressed/discouraged and sometimes even replace out.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (isolation #29) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:41 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 175, Emollient wrote:Sorry dear players, I can't continue. I wish you a pleasant game.
Sorry to see you go. In the future, please remember that it's against the rules to discuss replacements until they happen.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (isolation #30) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:41 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 180, Moonshot wrote:Hi everyone.

I'm going to have a read through the thread and see what I can make out of it. I'll post my thoughts after I've had chance to do this, hopefully later tonight.
Welcome! What do you think of my case on
BloodB0t
?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (isolation #31) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:19 pm

Post by Greeting »

Moonshot
gets a temporary townread for .
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (isolation #32) » Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:00 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 196, Moonshot wrote: What do you think scum!Bloodbot gains with his vote on you? Its clear that he is aware that it is not going to lead to anything.
I feel like he's coming to
Tejate Raichu
's defense, even though I haven't really attacked him, merely questioned him. I interpret the vote on me as a nervous scum overreaction, and the purpose would be to intimidate me into backing down from it.
In post 196, Moonshot wrote: Townies can behave this way by your own admission, and yes within one post is not impossible.
Impossible? No. Highly unlikely? Yes.
In post 196, Moonshot wrote: Why do you think Wayward Son and Calum are obvtown?
Perhaps the phrasing on my part was a bit ambiguous, but I meant his voting record and not necessarily people who he named as scumreads.

This was his voting record until, and including, post :

Emollient(
Moonshot
) -
CornPuffBuddha
-
Greeting
-
Wayward Son
-

That's me, and three players I was townreading or townleaning at the moment. Even if we consider a random RVS vote, that's a bad voting record.
In post 196, Moonshot wrote: Also from this quote do you only think Tejate is scum if bloodbot is scum?
No, but if
BloodB0t
flips red then there is a high chance of
Tejate
being scum too and that's where I would look next.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (isolation #33) » Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:28 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 201, Tejate Raichu wrote:That might not be a bad idea considering we have about a day and a half left to come to a decision.
What idea?

When a game mod announces replacement of the inactive slot, he should pause the timer on the exact time the replacement is announced. This will give us more time.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (isolation #34) » Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:14 pm

Post by Greeting »

Hello,
T3
. I'm glad you're catching up and giving us something more than your predecessor did.
T3 wrote:
In post 76, Greeting wrote:
In post 48, Tejate Raichu wrote:Agreed, very strange wording. I'm not sure it would be a good idea to press on this topic, though.
KittyTacky
uses strange wording in general (personal meta experience, played with him before and have seen him play).

It's not the wording that's worrying me though, it's the general lack of content.
This is very scummy shading of KT. A lack of content isn’t something that’s concerning, KT has made 2 posts and hasn’t visited the thread since.
I strongly disagree. Activity levels
can
be alignment indicative, and I had the full right to judge
KT
the way I did. He did start getting more active later though.
T3 wrote:
In post 79, Greeting wrote:Early townleans:

Wayward Son
- Easily the towniest ISO so far in this game, committed to making meta reads (), progressing the game (). The second one is more important, as dead games always favour scum who can hide in the shadows and do nothing. It's uncommon for mafia-aligned players, especially newbies to have the drive to make fake progress in a game.

I don't necessarily agree with the
Tejate Raichu
townread () though. Why?

CornPuffBuddha
- Weaker townread than the latter, nonetheless shows traces of actual analysis of the gameplay ().

A question for you though, why do you think
BloodB0t
is "unusually passive"? Have you played with them before? ()
These reads are fairly surface-level, which isn’t scummy in of itself, but I also think that town Greeting is certainly capable of deeper reads.
Did you consider the fact that this was page 4, post ? Because if you didn't, then it's your analysis that isn't deep enough.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (isolation #35) » Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:15 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 214, T3 wrote:
In post 23, Greeting wrote:
In post 13, Calum wrote:
We're still in RVS. Why so serious?
In post 14, BloodB0t wrote:It's not really serious.
It may not seem serious, but maybe it does deserve taking a closer look. In my experience, it's not uncommon for a slot to get 2 votes in RVS in a 9p setup, but 3? Starts getting into dangerous territory.

Now keeping tabs on the early
Tejate Raichu
wagon.
1/2 scum found
Is this referring to me,
BloodB0t
Tejate Raichu
or someone on the
Tejate Raichu
wagon?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (isolation #36) » Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:20 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 217, T3 wrote:
In post 35, Emollient wrote:I have absoluto zero experience on Mafia games (Meatworld / Online), or even social deduction games. "Oh you maaake me feel, shiny and new, like a virgin."

CornPuffBuddha you wrote a very clean recap, trying to make things clear. I wasn't aware my thoughts could be perceived as so "overly" aggressive, but I can see it now. Your recap looks like helping town to me, but I still consider it NAI.

Thanks for the votecount :)
Either Emollient is scum that subconsciously radiates town vibes, or he received a green role PM.
Emollient was a townlean (for me, many players in the thread also townread him), and his successor,
Moonshot
did a pretty good analysis of the gamestate recently.

I don't like this evaluation by you actually. It essentially boils down to either Emollient is mafia or town, which is kinda like saying nothing.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (isolation #37) » Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:22 pm

Post by Greeting »

I also fail to see the point of trying to explain your predecessor's behavior,
T3
. It should be obvious to literally everyone that it is in your best interest to look towny regardless of your actual alignment and that they should judge you and Calum in combination.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (isolation #38) » Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:29 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 238, T3 wrote:I was referring to you as scum, yes.
Why was so scummy in your eyes?
T3 wrote:
In post 237, Greeting wrote:I also fail to see the point of trying to explain your predecessor's behavior,
T3
. It should be obvious to literally everyone that it is in your best interest to look towny regardless of your actual alignment and that they should judge you and Calum in combination.
Yes, it is in my best interests to look towny regardless of my alignment. That is why I am defending Callum.
Just saying that Calum stayed a nullread in my eyes when he left the game. He could have been very well a confused and stressed town newbie or he could have been a confused and stressed mafia newbie. Still, I can see that you're continuously catching up with the thread so you'll get there soon.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (isolation #39) » Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:36 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 241, T3 wrote:
In post 236, Greeting wrote:
In post 217, T3 wrote:
In post 35, Emollient wrote:I have absoluto zero experience on Mafia games (Meatworld / Online), or even social deduction games. "Oh you maaake me feel, shiny and new, like a virgin."

CornPuffBuddha you wrote a very clean recap, trying to make things clear. I wasn't aware my thoughts could be perceived as so "overly" aggressive, but I can see it now. Your recap looks like helping town to me, but I still consider it NAI.

Thanks for the votecount :)
Either Emollient is scum that subconsciously radiates town vibes, or he received a green role PM.
Emollient was a townlean (for me, many players in the thread also townread him), and his successor,
Moonshot
did a pretty good analysis of the gamestate recently.

I don't like this evaluation by you actually. It essentially boils down to either Emollient is mafia or town, which is kinda like saying nothing.
Yeah, it does pretty much boil down to “either Emollient is mafia or town.”
I suppose that in my head when I was making the post my intent was to convey my conviction that Emollient is town.

But you can’t read my mind, so that point is moot.
I can't read your mind, but I can, and should, try to read your intentions. And this raised an eyebrow.

I guess I will wait for you to finish catching up before grilling you any further. So I'll react/respond to anything of interest that I have missed or will happen later in the morning.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (isolation #40) » Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:52 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 246, Wayward Son wrote:@ T3 if you're reading (as you go), Why are you jumping around, instead of going chronologically?
It's good that he's catching up with the game overall, but the analysis so far has been kinda shallow. Sort of, like, jumping on posts and summarising how each post makes him feel even though the game had progressed and changed. This is good for simulating discussion, but time is running out so I hope he finishes fast so we can decide on the Day 1 elimination.
T3 wrote:Ehh. I agree with some of the points in this post, but the part about Tejate seems like Greetingnis pushing a narrative in order to secure Calum’s vote.
Your predecessor wasn't someone I would rely on for votes, and rightfully so, as he just suddenly stopped playing and replaced out. I just decided to give him the benefit of the doubt. Not sure if that was the right decision now.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (isolation #41) » Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:27 am

Post by Greeting »

@
Salsabil Faria

I gather you think the scum team is
BloodB0t
/
KittyTacky
. Do you think scum!
BloodB0t
is bussing in ?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (isolation #42) » Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:42 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 278, T3 wrote: Greeting

More catchup coming soon
Because of one post (), which you never explained, even though I specifically asked you to ().
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (isolation #43) » Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:40 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 280, T3 wrote:
In post 279, Greeting wrote:
In post 278, T3 wrote: Greeting

More catchup coming soon
Because of one post (), which you never explained, even though I specifically asked you to ().
When you put it like that…..

I scumread that post because it looked like you were trying to cast shade on things that are NAI, and there was stuff of very little substance that only serves to cast attention on to other players.

In short: this post pinged me very badly
It is not common for so many votes to land on one slot in early RVS. And, the mafia RVS votes are not as random as they could be.

This point did turn out to be moot, but I think I had the right to be concerned.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (isolation #44) » Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:38 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 292, T3 wrote:Greeting, why did you immediately townread Moonshot? I didn’t see anything AI in his posting.
Because is a very good analysis of the gamestate.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (isolation #45) » Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:40 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 304, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 277, Greeting wrote:@
Salsabil Faria

I gather you think the scum team is
BloodB0t
/
KittyTacky
. Do you think scum!
BloodB0t
is bussing in ?
Actually, I'm not reading anyone based on associative atm. Simply going by how many players I'll find scummy then do the associative finding among them.

But to answer your question, I don't think scum!
BloodB0t
needed to bus his partner at that time and I scumread
Kitty
independently, thus voting him.
But, looking logically, if not both of your scumreads are scum, then something's wrong with one scumread?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (isolation #46) » Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:15 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 314, T3 wrote:
In post 310, T3 wrote:oh hey I played mafia with atomicpianowitch once on a children’s math forum in 2018
In post 312, Greeting wrote:
In post 292, T3 wrote:Greeting, why did you immediately townread Moonshot? I didn’t see anything AI in his posting.
Because is a very good analysis of the gamestate.
But why is good analysis of the game state towny? Do you think scum are incapable of producing analysis that good?
They might be. Which is why, in my words, it's a temporary townread. But the effort they put in the game should warrant giving them a pass for now.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (isolation #47) » Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:24 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 337, Enchant wrote:VOTE: Greeting
Hi.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (isolation #48) » Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:32 am

Post by Greeting »

I am honestly kinda tired of this day. The endless replacements are unfortunate.

I feel like
T3
's push on me is based on a single post that is completely NAI, and his PoE is just literally all the other SEs (excluding
Enchant
). What I noticed about his posts about me is that even when in his mind I did something "towny", he always finds a way to scumread me for it. I have tried to engage with him, but his mind is clearly fixated on me.
In post 263, T3 wrote: Ehh. I agree with some of the points in this post, but the part about Tejate seems like Greetingnis pushing a narrative in order to secure Calum’s vote.
In post 263, T3 wrote: Greeting’s defense of Calum is towny - Calum pretty widely suspected and there’s no reason for Greeting to try to stop the momentum of Calum’s wagon.
I think the reason for
T3
's push is that he most likely sees me as a biggest threat to the mafia team for my commitment to the game.

Now, I don't necessarily townread
KittyTacky
either. But he has shown traces of game analysis, and he scumread
T3
's predecessor. Perhaps I should have listened and considered scum!Calum more. Unfortunately, I have a tendency to look for deepwolves which sometimes unfortunately results in me failing to see what's on the surface.

VOTE: T3

This is E-1. Please state intent to hammer before/if you cast the final vote so
T3
has time to claim if he chooses to do so.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (isolation #49) » Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:38 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 316, Salsabil Faria wrote:
1. Defending predecessor Calum:
Looks like to me that scum!
T3
approaches by pointing out
Calum
's fault to look like a town.
This struck me too, and I spoke of it in . Normally when I replace in, I pay absolutely zero attention to my slot's predecessor, because why the f would I be doing it? I cannot change anything, only write a new page.

I am happy to see
T3
out today.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (isolation #50) » Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:15 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 342, T3 wrote: My push on you isn’t based on a single post, it’s based on several.
Really? Your ISO says something different.
In post 214, T3 wrote: 1/2 scum found
was the first post by me you quoted and the first where you named me as scum.

Besides, you admitted following the premise yourself here:
In post 214, T3 wrote:
You’re right, to be honest. When judging your post there I started with the premise that you were scum and neglected to mention what I liked about the post.

I was referring to you as scum, yes.
In post 214, T3 wrote: This is very scummy shading of KT. A lack of content isn’t something that’s concerning, KT has made 2 posts and hasn’t visited the thread since.
Here you're shading me for questioning
KittyTacky
, whom you're now going after yourself.
In post 214, T3 wrote: These reads are fairly surface-level, which isn’t scummy in of itself, but I also think that town Greeting is certainly capable of deeper reads.
Again, reads from page 4 can't be very deep, which indicates a shallow and lazy analysis.

In my opinion, this looks like you're just looking for any pretext you can to get rid of me. This is not a normal progression of scummy ISO -> scumread, but the scumread was formed before the case came about.
In post 342, T3 wrote: Scum me doesn’t see you as a threat to the scum team based on high activity,
that’s just not how it works.
The are so many other factors (how correct your reads are, whether you’re a possible lim, etc.)
Looks like my reads are pretty good then. If you flip red then your partner is
BloodB0t
whom you consistently defend.
In post 342, T3 wrote: You townread KT for his game analysis, little as it be, but have nothing to say on my analysis other than “all of it is shallow???”
Do you even read my posts?
Greeting wrote:
Now, I don't necessarily townread
KittyTacky
either.
But he has shown traces of game analysis, and he scumread
T3
's predecessor. Perhaps I should have listened and considered scum!Calum more. Unfortunately, I have a tendency to look for deepwolves which sometimes unfortunately results in me failing to see what's on the surface.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (isolation #51) » Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:40 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 348, BloodB0t wrote:I like . I was ready to lim Calum before he got replaced. I will hammer T3 depending on claims. D2 I will convince Greeting that I'm town.
You're... correct. You did go after Calum quite extensively. Which means that you and
T3
are most likely not scum together.

I will be going on V/LA for the next few days (until the 27th the latest).
I will still post, but with less content and a lesser frequency.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (isolation #52) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:13 am

Post by Greeting »

There go my Day 1 reads…

Will need to reevaluate the whole thread because they apparently really sucked.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (isolation #53) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:13 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 384, NJAC wrote:Greetings @Greeting.

Can you please explain why exactly did you change your mind on D1, from being against Callum's slot Lim to supporting it?
Greetings,
NJAC
. Welcome back!

I have already spoken about this, but here’s a tl;dr version:

I have nullread Calum and firmly wanted to believe that the slot was just lost, misguided town. Reason for this being the fact that I have player many Newbie games here and most of them had players like that. I am more lenient towards actual newbies than SEs, because these games are supposed to be providing a good learning experience for those who may not have it.

Then,
T3
subbed in, and started catching up. His catchup was extremely long, the post content felt chaotic and inconsistent, the catchup, also, in my opinion, lacked definition conclusions about the gamestate. I decided that his push on me must be motivated by something else rather than „scumreading” me as the basis of his argument was one post I made, .
T3
’s miselimination was unfortunate, but likely inevitable.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (isolation #54) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:13 pm

Post by Greeting »

The reanalysis of the thread will have to wait for tomorrow evening though, apologies.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (isolation #55) » Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:26 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 401, KittyTacky wrote: Also, my townread on Greeting eroded pretty heavily upon a closer look.
Why?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (isolation #56) » Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:34 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 413, Enchant wrote:
In post 411, NJAC wrote:
In post 408, Enchant wrote:Greeting is manipulative from first post in game, i don't really see how Greeting can be town.
Please elaborate
I just feel Greeting!Town doesh't post "Hello newbies if you are green we are in same team".
So you think that is definitive LAMIST that points to scum me? We really are having another rendition of "I found scum in just one post". It's a shame that you really didn't. The truth is that I am just being nice, because this is a Newbie game, and I care about player retention on MafiaScum.

And what about your contributions to the game? I mean, this case is literally the only thing you've been doing so far. What about your reads of other players?
KittyTacky
?
Salsabil Faria
?
Wayward Son
?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (isolation #57) » Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:35 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 422, Wayward Son wrote:@ Greeting Happy Cake Day! :]

Good night.
Thank you! :D Both the 28th and the 29th are cake day for me. First one is anniversary of joining the site (first anniversary!), second one is my actual birthday.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (isolation #58) » Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:43 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 409, NJAC wrote:
Thanks for the welcome.

And, fair enough, I think I understand your reasons. Just a couple of questions more about this:

1) Did you consider that T3 was a good replacement and beneficial to the game, given that he was being active and seemed to be putting some work to solve the game? Did you consider that he was also still a newbie?

2) Why did you say you were tired of D1 and kind of wanted to end it soon, when there were replacements taking place, and considering that the deadline was frozen it could be beneficial to have more input from the replaced in players, before taking a final decision?
Day 1 felt like it lasted two weeks because of the constant replacements, which is four days longer than it should. At that very moment I felt like we had enough information to end the day with a
T3
elimination. It is a real shame that he got tunnelled on me over one post () and it probably clouded his judgement of this game very strongly.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (isolation #59) » Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:49 am

Post by Greeting »

Current thoughts: Most likely one of my townreads is terribly wrong.

Both
Salsabil Faria
and
KittyTacky
deserve more scrutiny. Statistically speaking, usually, one of the mafia slots is an SE player and one is a Newbie. I guess I would definitely redirect my effort to analysing these two very closely today.

Salsabil
will go first as they have jumped off the
T3
wagon when it gained traction. I've found it suspicious at the time and I'm finding it suspicious now, because there was enough justification for a Calum/
T3
elimination and yet they left at the very last minute. Almost as if they wanted to try to avoid looking bad for miseliminating someone they knew was town.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (isolation #60) » Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:31 pm

Post by Greeting »

I apologise for my inactivity and for being less involved in this game than I should. This also sets a bad example to the newbies. I promise that I will do the analysis enough time before EOD so it can be discussed through and decisions can be made regarding them.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (isolation #61) » Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:08 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 459, Enchant wrote:
In post 431, Greeting wrote:Statistically speaking, usually, one of the mafia slots is an SE player and one is a Newbie.
Failure logic.

There's 3 SE and 6 Newbies.
Chances that mafia have more newbies is simple higher, SE+Newbies on second place, and SE+SE is rarest. It doesh't mean anything, because roles are still random.

So anyway, Greeting still alive? Why
Then why was the scumteam SE+Newbie in all the six newbies I have played before this one?

I guess you're just too lazy to build an actual case on me so you're clinging to nonsense like this. You're lucky you replaced into a slot I townread, because your posts in this game are completely useless.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #498 (isolation #62) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:52 am

Post by Greeting »

Salsabil Faria

What struck me with this ISO is that her RVS vote was
KittyTacky
(), a player whom she would later strongly suspect and name as a potential mafia. She also had an early interaction with
KT
in .

In , she explored the idea of scum me and scum!
Wayward Son
In post 85, Salsabil Faria wrote:
Don't like these. Reasons:

Re:>> Buddy attempt to town!
Greeting
or scum-theatre attempt with scum!
Greeting
. The underlined part is read to me like what a (newb) scum would say, "
Look, I'm town!
". [There is a term here for it, can't remember]

Re:>> Useless question, as if scum!
Calum
will admit if he is scum... seems '
asking for the sake of asking
' kind of situation.

Re:>> Pocketing attempt to town!
Emollient
as soon as he post which is also a empty post per se...
I thought the idea of scum theatre happening so early in Day 1 was ridiculous, which is why I asked her about it in . The response was ambiguous.
In post 127, Salsabil Faria wrote:
There is no right answer for it, totally depends on the team but in one of my scum games, my team started scum theatre early and won because of it. Maybe scum theatre won't be the right word for what I pointed out, '
forced/weird convo between scum partners
' kinda situation was in my head.
Which makes me wonder, was their focus on
KittyTacky
earlier on... scum theatre? Would it be possible for there to be two SE mafia in this game? I don't know. I guess I'll look into
KittyTacky
's ISO later and find out.
In post 146, Salsabil Faria wrote:

There is at least one scum in them (hopefully 2) {
Calum
Greeting
BloodB0t
Wayward
Tejate
} >> Theory 02 (based on interactions with each other +
if x flip green so y will be scum
theory)

Townreads:
CornPuffBuddha
Emollient

FYI, I skimmed after my last post, so a detailed overview will be posted later, don't find time to isoing anyone yet.
Why was
Kitty
left out from this post altogether? And then, in ,
Salsabil Faria
does a moderately extended analysis of
KT
where she names him explicitly as scum. The chaos struck me here, but I am not sure at all if it is scum indicative.

The
Wayward Son
read changed from scum () to null in . Even though there is no noticeable read progression between these two posts.

She also scumread
BloodB0t
in , but honestly so did I. I can't, in good conscience, be scumreading her for this.

And now I'm getting to the core of my suspicion, and that is the progression from heavy scumread on
T3
to jumping off the wagon just before it was hammered.

Salsabil
speaks of the Calum/
T3
scumread in . The points she made are all pretty valid, sensible and consistent with what I was thinking at the moment.
In post 316, Salsabil Faria wrote:
I made a long wall-post on
T3
but got deleted before I can hit submit :facepalm: Don't have the energy to write it down again, so just pointing out the main things from his ISO now:

1. Defending predecessor Calum:
Looks like to me that scum!
T3
approaches by pointing out
Calum
's fault to look like a town.

2. Inconsistent + non-committal reads:
His reads in this game are very confusing and I don't think town!
T3
will be this much confused (based on my meta about his gameplay). Before ,
T3
was either defending/town reading
wayward
&
Emollient/Moonshot
in one post or shading/scum reading them on the next post which feels inconsistent to me + scum!him didn't want to commit to making a way out for later kind of situation is going on. He did the same thing with his
BloodB0t
read also (, ) but don't say where he stand about
BloodB0t
yet.
@T3
, kindly explain your reasoning behind the reads in because I fail to see the progression behind it.

3. Controversial scum reads:
The way he approached scum reading
Greeting
seems forced with ill intentions. From , to , seems like
T3
is made up his mind about
Greeting
first, then approaches with the narrative. Interesting fact,
T3
is now scum reading
Kitty
who is also scum read by
Greeting
{and town reading
Emollient/Moonshot
(who are also town read by
Greeting
) ~~ just pointing out} which indicates
Greeting/Kitty
scum team. But another interesting fact,
T3
mentioned my name "
[KT, Salsa, Greeting]
" in for D1 elimination while agreeing with my
Kitty
scum case which indicates scum!me made a case on my scum partner () + bussing him in when
Kitty
wasn't in danger which doesn't make sense at all.

My read:
Scum

UNVOTE: Kitty

VOTE: T3
And then,
T3
claimed VT.
Enchant
entered the game and started going after me.
Salsabil
jumps off
T3
to buddy up to
Enchant
almost instantly.

In post 359, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 358, Enchant wrote:Imo most likely T3 is town.
Who do you think is scum then? Kindly add reasoning if it's possible for you.
I'm unvoting for now...

UNVOTE: T3

Spoiler: FYI
How do you go from a good case on a scummy-looking, albeit towny player to just jumping off their wagon at the very last minute? I hate this. The suspicion of
T3
was justified, deserved and understandable from a town point of view. Only a scum would know what he would flip.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #499 (isolation #63) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:55 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 391, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 389, KittyTacky wrote:
In post 385, NJAC wrote:I think keeping alive a player like kitty too long in the game is bad. There's a lot of promises to improve activity but he again comes and say that he forgot about the game. So:

VOTE: Kitty
Low activity is NAI for me, I am a busy man.
In general I feel like policy limming is kinda scummy no matter on who.
Agreed + we are not in the verge of getting a
no matter what we need an elimination
phase rn, so policy elimination doesn't make sense.

@NJAC
, you caught up from the D1 I suppose, who do you think is likely to be scums? And does your
Kitty
scumread only based on low activity?

Interesting things from
Greeting
's ISO, he was very sure about his
Tejate/NJAC
&
BloodB0t
scumread before
T3
scumread but never voted
Tejate/NJAC
for once but voted
BloodB0t
[re: ] which indicates
Greeting
-
Tejate/NJAC
scumteam. Then again , + this line form : "
your main scumreads are literally obvtown players
" are indicate
Greeting
-
Wayward
scumteam.
My intuition says there is at least one scum in this group: {
Greeting, Wayward, Tejate/NJAC
}
My theory was based on
BloodB0t
being maf. Turns out, he wasn't. In the meantime, Tejate replaced out and I haven't wrapped my head around
NJAC
yet. But honestly, what scum reason would scum!Tejate Raichu have to defend
BloodB0t
on Day 1?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #500 (isolation #64) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:59 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 484, Salsabil Faria wrote:
Spoiler: Greeting vs BloodB0t vs Tejate/NJAC
In post 97, Greeting wrote:
In post 90, BloodB0t wrote:My scum reads are Wayward, Greeting, maybe Calum. Kitty's inactivity is suspicious. Though none of my scum reads are very strong yet, I will VOTE: Wayward because it is the strongest nonetheless.

My town so far is CornPuff, Salsa and Tejate.
I agree with the
Calum
scumread. Why do you scumread
Wayward Son
though?
In post 121, Greeting wrote:
In post 115, Tejate Raichu wrote: TL;DR, I believe Calum may be trying to play an aggressive mafia game to focus discussion on a topic that ultimately benefits a Calum/not Bloodb0t scumteam by virtue of not being about them.

Now, at the moment we all only have tiny ISOs to go off of, however this sort of behavior to me is something I'd expect more from a red role than a green one. In my opinion, mafia has 3 major strategies for the day game. Obviously there's details, but I feel as though it breaks down to 3 main ways to accomplish whatever goal, be that survival or gaining trust. Do note that I am not implying that these are equally effective, and they are not mutually exclusive either. For me, they exist on a spectrum of sorts. Also note I do not necessarily consider these hard tells, these are just general approaches I think mafia is likely to take, mafia is not a flowchart.

1) Coasting, a strategy very common with beginner mafia and sometimes even experienced players. This usually isn't even done on purpose, but this consists of a lot of fluff and little else. I don't think this is really a scumtell, but not contributing is very likely to get you limmed by more experienced players, since people simply don't have any way to slot you. This is not what is happening here, but I figure I should mention it.
2) Contributing bad info. This is when a scum agrees with a townie (usually townread player) who is contributing a theory that is way off the mark, or pushing their own. Townies are often wrong contrary to popular belief, so this is a very easy thing to fall back to.
At first, I typed this sentence:
This is a good observation coming from a townie mindset. I think
Tejate Raichu
should be off the radar for Day 1 as well.
I pointed out that I usually don't solve games by assuming that the mafia team has a strategy, because there might as well be none. But then took the time to actually analyse what has been given here, and something's off here.
In post 115, Tejate Raichu wrote:In my opinion, Calum's play thus far lines up more with 2 and 3 than what I would expect a townie to be saying this early. Especially the part where they immediately suggested to vote one of me or Bloodb0t. The biggest thing that gives me pause at the moment is that, if they are leaning 3, the most aggressive playstyle, I would expect them to be following up more, especially with my posts countering Calum. They did say they were new, but I don't want to discount this doubt based on that alone.
Then, I looked at
Calum
's ISO. It's full of single-sentenced posts, questions, half-naked votes. Very little content.

How would you categorise this as 2/3? It's
literally
coasting. He does not engage in discussion, his questions do not redirect the discussion. His influence on the game is minuscule.
In post 123, Greeting wrote:
In post 122, BloodB0t wrote:
This kind of seems like splitting hairs. As you say, it's not like scum has to have a strategy that they stick to. They could switch things up depending on any number of things. I do think Calum's been exhibiting behavior from all 3 categories. His low post/word count could be considered coasting, but all of his little content fits into 2/3. That doesn't exonerate them at all. Calum has been one of the most scummy players so far. The specific categorization of his strategy doesn't really matter.

I think your overall play exhibits strategy number 2, which is the most dangerous one for town in my opinion. You're also using strategy 3 in the quoted post because the inconsistency you point out doesn't really matter.

I would prefer to Lim you day 1, so VOTE: Greeting, but I am also willing to hammer the more harmless scum in Wayward/Calum because those are more likely to actually happen. I sense that a D1 vote on you probably won't be gaining much traction, which is unfortunate.
Nice try. I was just about to wait for
Tejate
to respond and start questioning him about his townread of you, but this pre-emptive attack seems to me that I'm heading towards the right direction.

This vote is completely unsurprising. It makes sense when one looks back at
Tejate Raichu
's ISO and he actually white knighted you () even though, in my opinion, there's really no reason for town to do so. I was just pondering a potential
Tejate
/
BloodB0t
team. Even if
Tejate
is actually town, he's the only notable advocate to not eliminate you.

What's the truth? Your "reads" are inconsistent and chaotic. Townies sometimes are inconsistent and chaotic, but not within one post:
Greeting's non-reaction to my vote and getting on with moving the game forward does seem slightly townie
, I guess, though it could be scum doing well at appearing town. I do find it a bit strange that he asked cornpuff if we've played together before. I didn't mention having any experience here (). This is my second game here and the first is still ongoing.
As a matter of fact, I replied to you in , but you didn't really seem to care. Is that really inciting discussion or just posting reads for the sake of it?
My scum reads are Wayward, Greeting, maybe Calum.
Kitty's inactivity is suspicious. Though none of my scum reads are very strong yet, I will VOTE: Wayward because it is the strongest nonetheless.
You defend yourself by claiming that your votes were intentionally strange () and you're "making waves" and want to see what happens ().

Your voting record so far is also really bad, your main scumreads are literally obvtown players (even if you not count myself). These are all actually book scumreads, from Mini's Scumhunting Kit: :"Trying to discredit obvtown people for bad reasons", "Being "jokingly" scummy, self-admitting they are scummy, claiming scum" (admitting your bad ISO).

And, since LAMIST has been mentioned in this game before, trying to initiate discussion for the sake of it, not for the sake of forming reads literally falls under the definition from this scumhumting guide.
"Look at me, I'm so town!" (+1.0)
It's the so-called LAMIST tell and it's still relevant enough to have its own acronym! Newbscum usually are very concerned with 'looking good' to avoid falling under suspicion, but don't know how to fake-scumhunt. Instead, they will do things like pushing the lurkers to contribute, trying to "resuscitate" them by voting them, asking for reads on themselves, talking a lot about the game itself (this is called IIoA), claiming they are doing anything in their power to get information.
Post in reference - : zero relation of vote to post content, claiming to elicit reaction afterwards.

This is a good Day 1 elimination.

VOTE: BloodB0t
In post 125, Greeting wrote:
For the record, that someone was none other than...
Tejate Raichu
. :neutral:

If
BloodB0t
flips red then I am going after
Tejate
tomorrow.
In post 154, Greeting wrote:
In post 127, Salsabil Faria wrote:Can you explain, why you think they can be the scumteam?
There exists a pattern in this game in which
Tejate Raichu
and
BloodB0t
show signs of supporting rach other each other (, - from
Tejate
), and even
BloodB0t
defends
Tejate Raichu
() even though in my opinion, there isn't enough towny stuff by
BloodB0t
to support this.

Another notable connection between the two is post , from
Tejate
, where he claims that
BloodB0t
should "post more". But it's not really that threatening.
In post 91, Tejate Raichu wrote: No disagreement there, Bloodb0t should be posting given the large amount of contention his slot has at the moment. However, I do take issue with Calum hard pushing me and him as a group.
My major issue here is that
BloodB0t
on surface level is not even remotely towny and yet,
Tejate
writes him off and even slightly supports him.
In post 155, Greeting wrote:I am 100% aware that
Calum
's ISO is bad. This, on surface level, is the literal definition of a coaster and is a commonly used scumtell.

But why has no one said this as a major argument to vote him out?
Tejate Raichu
's about
Calum
looks townie on the surface, but when I read into it, his real reason for voting him out just doesn't make sense and doesn't add up.

(in his words he said it's a combination of 2/3)
In post 115, Tejate Raichu wrote:2) Contributing bad info. This is when a scum agrees with a townie (usually townread player) who is contributing a theory that is way off the mark, or pushing their own. Townies are often wrong contrary to popular belief, so this is a very easy thing to fall back to.
And when I tried to question him about it,
BloodB0t
came charging at his defense.

Which is why I am really suspicious about the
Calum
wagon rn.
In post 181, Greeting wrote:
In post 165, Tejate Raichu wrote:And another thing: Greeting, you have said a couple times now that Calum is LHF. Think about this from my perspective for a second: my "defenses" of Bloodb0t mostly involved pointing out that, at the time he was actually LHF. I used this to point out a particular post sussing Bloodb0t that I didn't like because it seemed like it was simply trying to reach that LHF rather than actually get a mafia limmed.

Does the same thing not apply to why you think my suspicion of Calum over Blood isn't warranted? If I'm reading correctly, you believe my reasoning for a Calum wagon is bad, and therefor I am scum with Bloodb0t trying to get the LHF. Does that actually make sense, though? Why do you feel so confident that I am trying to push Calum because he's LHF? Why do you seem to think this is any different than my "defense" of Blood?
I have made my case with regard to you and
BloodB0t
, it's in my ISO and I continue to support it. I can obviously see a universe where
BloodB0t
is town LHF. I am not 100% sure on that scumread. It's just the best I have for today, and given the way Day 1 is going now, it will probably be my best case this Day.

Calum
is, in my humble opinion, far lower hanging fruit though.
Part of why I am so reluctant to scumread him for the obvious is my extensive experience of playing Newbie games with players who had similar levels of activity (and sometimes even replaced out) who were all scumread en masse for it.
BloodB0t
would be a different kind of LHF if he's town - the explanation would be erratic behavior and gameplay issues (I have played with players who genuinely attempt to start discussions like this).

Nonetheless, my approach is not without its flaws. What if we're at ELo ("eliminate or lose") and
Calum
is still alive? This kind of slot, if town, is just perfect for the mafia to have in the game because he's totally mislimmable.

Which struck out to me the most is
Greeting
's main suspicion started with
Tejate/NJAC
, but pushed
BloodB0t
for the sake of
defending scum-partner
aka associative read. The way these conversations happened, (what I think) town!him should eliminate
Tejate/NJAC
first (FYI, he never voted
Tejate
for once, despite having strong suspicion.... classic scum-partner move), then the flip would clear
BloodB0t
to him but happened the opposite.
So the manipulation scum!
Greeting
did here was.... went after a townie, made a scum-case of the townie, included his scum-partner in that case, made
if X flips red then Y will also be the red
associative read among them, night killed the townie (after failing to eliminate him in the day phase), cleared Tejate/NJAC in his eyes by the flip.
This whole
BloodB0t
-
Tejate/NJAC
case was based on associative only which contradicts with
Greeting
's stance on .

In post 198, Greeting wrote:[
In post 196, Moonshot wrote: Why do you think Wayward Son and Calum are obvtown?
Perhaps the phrasing on my part was a bit ambiguous, but I meant his voting record and not necessarily people who he named as scumreads.
Moonshot
caught a good thing here....
Greeting
stated
wayward
and
Calum/T3
as
obvtown players
on his (who were/are not obvtown to me) which I think is a Freudian scum-slip.
I actually explained what I meant in greater detail in the part which you
very conveniently left out from the quote.

In post 198, Greeting wrote: Perhaps the phrasing on my part was a bit ambiguous, but I meant his voting record and not necessarily people who he named as scumreads.

This was his voting record until, and including, post :

Emollient(
Moonshot
) -
CornPuffBuddha
-
Greeting
-
Wayward Son
-

That's me, and three players I was townreading or townleaning at the moment. Even if we consider a random RVS vote, that's a bad voting record.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (isolation #65) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:04 pm

Post by Greeting »

Overall:
Salsabil
played like a good townie up until the very moment when
Enchant
replaced in,
T3
claims and in spite of a perfectly good case,
Salsabil
follows
Enchant
and jumps off the wagon in . Since then, she has been misplaying horribly and misrepresenting my stances on purpose. Probably trying to exploit the fact that
Enchant
is scumreading me to ensure I get miselimmed today, and if not today then on Day 3.

I hope this post is remembered in case I am killed N2 and will not be around to remind everyone for D3.

We're not running out of time so
KT
's ISO analysis will come in the evening.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (isolation #66) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:15 am

Post by Greeting »

KittyTacky

Now, I have played with
KittyTacky
before and he also played in a game I hosted. He can be weird at times, and the way he phrases his posts can sometimes be bizarre.

What I dislike
about his ISO is the fact that he keeps using the same excuse for inactivity over, and over again.
In post 98, KittyTacky wrote:Sorry I was busy and forgot about this game.
In post 128, KittyTacky wrote: I'm busy IRL.
In post 383, KittyTacky wrote:I forgor about this game, will catch up and respond tomorrow morning.
In post 389, KittyTacky wrote: I actually have free time now, I was just busy before and now I simply forgot.
It is a shame when people sign up for a game and later don't commit themselves into solving it so do please keep that in mind when you commit to a game in the future.

KittyTacky
suspected Calum early, in . I'm not sure if it's a good look for him. I mean, Calum was kinda limbait after all. I went after this slot when it got replaced by tunnelled
T3
who hijacked the thread with his excessively long catch-up.

Here's what I like about his ISO:

He did, nonetheless, explain his reads when questioned, in or . The explanations have a towny ring to them.

I think that the strongest townread when it comes to
KT
is the read progression, which seems natural and keeping up with the pace of the game. It is understandable for him to be scumreading
NJAC
in , and it's apparently quite common a scumread on Day 2 now, with which I don't really agree but it is how it is. I think it's also understandable that his townread of me was shaken after the Day 1 miselimination of
T3
(). All I can say is that I feel like my vote back then was fully justified.

Overall:
Honestly though? In my opinion, this could fit the "too scummy to be scum" description. I know you don't like it,
KT
, you said so yourself in , but this is actually an accurate description of your play.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (isolation #67) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:15 am

Post by Greeting »

Anyway, if
KittyTacky
is actually just bad scum and I am finding excuses to townread him, I will be really pissed off after this game.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (isolation #68) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:20 am

Post by Greeting »

Of these two,
Salsabil Faria
feels definitely more devious and is probably the scum SE in this game.

I don't really see the case on
NJAC
. My scumread of this slot was dependent on
BloodB0t
flipping red and that didn't happen so Tejate Raichu and his successor are probably town.

Here's the remaining playerlist with myself and my townreads shaded green:

Moonshot
, replacing Emollient
Wayward Son

Enchant
, replacing CornPuffBuddha
NJAC
, replacing Tejate Raichu
Salsabil Faria

Greeting

KittyTacky

So, I guess it's
Moonshot
/
Salsabil Faria

VOTE: Salsabil Faria
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (isolation #69) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:34 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 516, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I'm sorry, I will read up on this tomorrow and provide some content.

Thanks for the quick rundown NJAC
I was just wondering what were you doing in this thread and then I noticed that Moonshot was finally replaced. Welcome.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (isolation #70) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:39 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 513, NJAC wrote:Wait! What? Why are you scum reading Moonshot?

I'm also interested in your town read on Enchant.
If I am townreading everyone except for
Salsabil Faria
, then my townreads are obviously wrong, because we have two scums left. Which is why the Moonshot/
BBT
temporary townread had to go. I want to eliminate
Salsabil Faria
first, because she's obviously buddying up to
Enchant
right now to get my miselim.

I am worried that my townread of
KT
over his meta is wrong though. But I don't think
KT
is scum with
Salsabil
, as she has been gunning for him for most of the game.

Enchant
is a troll, and he's not going to help us solve this game. He replaced into a slot I townread though - CornPuffBuddha. I have a feeling that it would have been better for this game if CPB stayed, but what's done is done.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (isolation #71) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:46 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 514, NJAC wrote:BTW, @Greeting, are you fully caught up at this moment?

Also, why exactly you were so absent during this D2?
I was absent because of RL reasons.

Why is the reason for my absence relevant though? I said I would give my input enough time before EoD that it can be discussed and I did. I am not okay with the main wagons because I'm town and I am not convinced that you're scum at all, so I suggest that we eliminate the deepwolf today.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (isolation #72) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:08 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 520, NJAC wrote:Okay Greeting. In that case you should seriously consider voting Kitty.

Let me restate my case:

1) I really doubt his only scum read during the whole D1 was Calum and only Calum. He didn't even make an effort to try to understand Calum's motivations and what you were saying about him being a newbie. So Kitty simply decided to keep his vote on a likely mislim the whole D1.

2) Kitty is not trying to solve the game and his contribution has been null. He can rely on meta to avoid being eliminated, because apparently many of you have played with him and know that he is anti town, no matter his alignment.

3) He insists that he forgot about the game, and make empty promises to improve activity, but that hasn't happened. What calls my attention the most is that his first post on D2 is again: "I forgot about this game", which looks to me like an attempt to "prove" that he did nothing during the night phase. But why bothering mentioning that when D2 has just begun? Also he said that he was going to catch up, but at that point not much really happened since his last post (). If he wasn't indeed fully caught up at that moment he could easily just read the posts after his 347, and I think he at least did read the mod post with the revelation of Calum's role, i.e. post 375, and probably also the NK result, post 378. So, I'm saying that Kitty stating that he wasn't fully caught up at that moment is FAKE.

4) I find a lot of resistance to form a wagon on Kitty. If Kitty were town I would expect at least one scum to consider joining that wagon, but that hasn't happened. So I think Kitty is indeed scum and his partner is either explicitly excusing Kitty, maybe talking about not supporting a policy Lim or anything like that, or simply ignoring my attempt to form a wagon on Kitty.
All of this is 100% true, but are you aware of
KittyTacky
's meta? He just... plays like that every time. That's why I am so reluctant to place a vote there.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (isolation #73) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:13 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 541, NJAC wrote: Well, I see some of you have played with Kitty before, but for me it's the first time I play with all of you, except BBT, I played with him before.

So no, I don't really know about Kitty's meta. I find his play scummy, anti town and his contribution is minimal IN THIS GAME, which is the game I'm focused on.

If Kitty always plays like this regardless of alignment, then he could easily be scum this game.

Has it happened before, in other games that you are aware of, that forming a wagon on town!kitty is very hard to accomplish?
I understand that you don't know his meta and you may not be a player who forms their reads basing on meta. But, if I know that someone just acts a certain way (just like I know
Enchant
isn't acting differently to what he usually does), regardless of their alignment, then I know better than to scumread them for that one thing. If I want to get an accurate read, I will need to look for clues between the lines, which I did, and found enough reasons for a weak townread.

Either way, I don't really want to eliminate
KT
for the reasons listed, because for this certain player they're all kinda NAI.

I do not know of games where a
KT
wagon was hard to accomplish, and I've played with him like 2-3 times before. But I don't really buy the fallacy that "wagon on x is so hard to achieve" = "x is scum". Very often there's no correlation between the two, it's just the case is not convincing enough.
In post 549, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Greeting, do you have an actual read on Kitty?
Did you miss the post where I did a whole analysis of
KittyTacky
's ISO () with conclusions?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (isolation #74) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:21 pm

Post by Greeting »

Less than 9 hours left until deadline. This is not much. I will not be around for EoD as it is the middle of the night for me.

I have made my case. I suggest not to go after
NJAC
. Maybe it isn't a good example, as normally in games people would be putting one of the main wagons at E-1 and having them claim. But honestly, I just don't really feel like going with either of these two.

NJAC
is wrong, but, in my opinion, this is wrong town, who is going after book tells and apparently does not like to form reads over meta. I did get a tinge of worry when he said this though:
In post 541, NJAC wrote: Has it happened before, in other games that you are aware of, that forming a wagon on town!kitty is very hard to accomplish?
It reminded me of a game where I was miseliminated as town on Day 1 and scum Nero Cain was complaining about my elimination being so hard.

It's just a tinge though. But enough to raise an eyebrow. :neutral:
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (isolation #75) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:23 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 557, Wayward Son wrote:@ Greeting I'm about as sure as I can be on Salsabil, who are you leaning to for a partner? I still think Kitty is viable.
If we flip
Salsabil Faria
and she flips red, I would go after Moonshot/
BBT
on Day 3.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (isolation #76) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:26 pm

Post by Greeting »

The game I spoke about in was Mini Normal 2262.
In post 1526, Nero Cain wrote:I'ma let ya'll finish posting but Greeting is the hardest wagon ever
Maybe that's because I was town?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (isolation #77) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:32 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 557, Wayward Son wrote:@ Greeting I'm about as sure as I can be on Salsabil, who are you leaning to for a partner? I still think Kitty is viable.
Oh, and regarding a
Salsa
/
Kitty
team, I think it's less likely than other pairings as she did go after
Kitty
on Day 1 and it seemed to me like she really did want him to flip. So if we have a
Salsa
/
Kitty
team in this game, she would be playing a bold and risky game as scum by putting her teammate in the spotlight early in the game like this. This type of play is less common than people think.

But, truthfully, I do not know
Salsabil Faria
's meta so I can't tell if this would be typical of her play or not.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (isolation #78) » Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:32 pm

Post by Greeting »

Well done. I wouldn't have caught him. I guess I should have sheeped
NJAC
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #616 (isolation #79) » Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:38 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 614, NJAC wrote:Yeah. I'm alive probably because I was town reading Greeting.
Wayward Son
was townreading me as well, though?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (isolation #80) » Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:45 pm

Post by Greeting »

To tell you the truth, I don't know. Almost every case I've made in this game feels wrong so I'd rather let others present their cases now and evaluate them.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (isolation #81) » Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:27 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 619, NJAC wrote:Okay, but gun to your head what's your guess?
BBT
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #626 (isolation #82) » Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:58 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 624, NJAC wrote:
In post 622, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I don't think it's Greeting.

makes it unlikely I think?
Why? I think he was defending Kitty there.
I was defending
KittyTacky
. Does that make me scum though?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #627 (isolation #83) » Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:01 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 623, Enchant wrote:I HAVE INTERNET SHORTCAGE

I AM TRACKER, SALSA DIDN'T MOVE LAST NIGHT

GO FIGURE I AM BUSY
Whom did you target on Night 1?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #629 (isolation #84) » Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:08 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 621, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Want to explain that one?
I don't really have a full case on you. You contributed the least to the game of all living players. Your predecessor, Moonshot, made 1-2 towny posts and then probably got burnt out and replaced out. That's off the top of my mind I can think of.

It's not me, probably not
NJAC
, and
Enchant
has just claimed and townfirmed
Salsabil Faria
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #638 (isolation #85) » Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:28 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 632, NJAC wrote:
In post 626, Greeting wrote:
In post 624, NJAC wrote:
In post 622, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I don't think it's Greeting.

makes it unlikely I think?
Why? I think he was defending Kitty there.
I was defending
KittyTacky
. Does that make me scum though?
That alone doesn't make you scum, but it was such a blatant and reiterated defense, which together with other things you've done in this game make you scum.
What other things?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #640 (isolation #86) » Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:30 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 633, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 620, Greeting wrote:
In post 619, NJAC wrote:Okay, but gun to your head what's your guess?
BBT
Why didn’t you consider me here?
Enchant
cleared me on the later post...
Because you pushed for a
KittyTacky
wagon, and then hammered him. Which would make you a bad elimination for today anyway.

Plus, I'm no longer confident in my own reads, because they've not been great this game.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #641 (isolation #87) » Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:41 am

Post by Greeting »

Since there are no actual newbies left, everybody should know that I’m a Vanilla Townie. If you want to hammer me, then go ahead, but I'll be voting for actual scum today.

VOTE: BlueBloodedToffee
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #670 (isolation #88) » Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:08 am

Post by Greeting »

Congratulations to town for winning the game!

I am a bit salty as I do feel like I played well and lost because of factors which were out of my control. Nonetheless, I did commit mistakes - I should have bussed KittyTacky instead of defending him, and probably killed NJAC Night 2 instead of Wayward Son.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #671 (isolation #89) » Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:12 am

Post by Greeting »

@lendunistus

I have no redactions.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #672 (isolation #90) » Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:19 am

Post by Greeting »

Oh, and thank you for hosting the game.
In post 669, BloodB0t wrote:ggwp!

I got killed N1 in both my games for sussing the mafia that everyone else was townreading. :mrgreen:
No, you got killed, because you softclaimed.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #675 (isolation #91) » Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:57 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 673, NJAC wrote:I think the same Greeting: you were doing a good job. Just some minor mistakes as you mentioned, but after Kitty's death it was hard to win.
When I woke up and saw KittyTacky was hammered, I knew we lost. Even if somehow I managed to vote out BBT on Day 3, I would be pretty much forced to kill Enchant on Night 4, which would leave me, you and Salsabil Faria on Day 4. And there was essentially no chance of me convincing either of you that I am not scum.

Maybe had I not killed Wayward Son, he would have been the vote I needed to get a miselim on the last day. But that's just speculation to be fair and I'm not at all sure if the end result wouldn't have been the same.

Back on Day 2, I was still hoping to get a miselim on Salsa or yourself, and then have Kitty bus me on Day 3. The KittyTacky elimination was generally completely justified from town point of view, and if I were town, I'd absolutely have joined in. But, the manner in which it went down made it impossible for me to have joined in as it was a speedwagon in the middle of the night. And that's the part where we got really unlucky.

Nonetheless, town did play well in this game, and if we count both of us as a team, then town did better, and deserved the win.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (isolation #92) » Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:47 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 678, BloodB0t wrote:
In post 672, Greeting wrote:Oh, and thank you for hosting the game.
In post 669, BloodB0t wrote:ggwp!

I got killed N1 in both my games for sussing the mafia that everyone else was townreading. :mrgreen:
No, you got killed, because you softclaimed.

Yeah you're right. You played well this game, you had almost everyone convinced you were town.
In post 682, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 670, Greeting wrote:Congratulations to town for winning the game!

I am a bit salty as I do feel like I played well and lost because of factors which were out of my control. Nonetheless, I did commit mistakes - I should have bussed KittyTacky instead of defending him, and probably killed NJAC Night 2 instead of Wayward Son.
Yeah that but you did a very good job :) Almost everyone town was reading you.
Thank you. Both of you did a good job for your team though and BloodB0t was actually the first player in the game to sus me.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #686 (isolation #93) » Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:49 am

Post by Greeting »

By the way, if you’re feeling comfortable jumping into the Normal queue, an 11p mini I’m hosting is next in line. Everyone from this game is more than welcome to join in. :D
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #688 (isolation #94) » Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:10 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 687, KittyTacky wrote:Sorry for letting you down, Greeting. I'm a shit player but I try my best to improve. :(
I don't think it's wise to get yourself down by calling yourself a "shit player". Let's just say that you underperformed in this game and that there is room for improvement.

If you roll mafia, ask yourself: How would a good town-aligned player who wants to uncover scum, act in this situation? And then pretend you're one. This is, of course, just for starters, as crisis situations in the game arise, which as scum you need to manage. Just like I tried to talk town out of eliminating you. You need to constantly win over the approval of actual townies and mislead them into miseliminating other townies.

Posting a few poorly reads and constantly excusing yourself for not playing the game won't cut it.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #689 (isolation #95) » Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:11 pm

Post by Greeting »

*poorly explained
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (isolation #96) » Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:15 pm

Post by Greeting »

@
KittyTacky

If you want to improve your play, I suggest browsing around the wiki articles, I think even seasoned mafia players can find interesting and helpful stuff there.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”