Newbie 2101 | Better Call Saul | Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #241 (isolation #0) » Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:22 am

Post by Bellaphant »

UNVOTE:

Read quickly through, the caterpillar and fancy pants look town, the bbt wagon looks really inorganic and I don't know why peta is a consensus tow read.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #265 (isolation #1) » Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:31 am

Post by Bellaphant »

@meg, I get that the bbt wagon came off off a shit post, but I don't think it's been the worst post this game! I don't think it's like, lock scum, which the wagon suggests.

@peta, Tell about ym read on you? I just don't see lock!town in the way other people seem to. I don't think you are scummy, just not town. I don't think I implied it's due to activity, the read on you from others, as hard as furtive thinks but I do think it's part of it.

@bs, bulb was a weird one to read because his posts were kind of all over the place. I have meg as nully.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #272 (isolation #2) » Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:06 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Honestly I think we'd get a ton of info from the flip, so I'm fine with it.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #276 (isolation #3) » Mon Aug 29, 2022 6:56 am

Post by Bellaphant »

@peta, there's been a fair few posts from furtive, juice, even meg that I haven't liked: I haven't done as in-depth a go through as rad, but I wasnnt seeing much that made bbts post stand out as a particularly awful take: and if he'd been around more to chat it over, I'm not sure the wagon jumps up that quick..in terms of bad votes on it, everyone reacts fairly the same, but furtives vote is just dropped on and unchallenged.

@rad, it's mainly wagon analysis for later - his has been a massively active wagon, juice was on and off it, megs been on it for ages, peta's vote is everywhere, even the counter on esire that grew quite quickly is interesting. It isn't a 'if bbt is X than someone is y' thing at all, you are right, it's more 'this feels useful for later' - remember when bbt was scum in the newbie and I did a quick vca and bbt looked awful in hindsight?
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #283 (isolation #4) » Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:03 am

Post by Bellaphant »

To clarify - I wouldn't be surprised whatever bbt flips, I have them solidly as null as there isn't much content. If he does flip scum, I think it's safe to say there's a bus , because those votes felt fairly quick as it would be a good lim to gain town cred on.

P-edit, @ meg, does my post not answer? I don't have time to iso dive right now. But I think furtives worst is definitely inorganic.

I thought we had a three days left?
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #294 (isolation #5) » Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:11 am

Post by Bellaphant »

In post 290, petapan wrote:fwiw i thought on it and the stuff i felt was unaligning for bbt/esires isn't that good so i would retract that, only two players i would say are for sure town if bbt is scum are meg and BS. (and i think he's more likely scum than not and if he's town i'm pissed at him for replacing in and playing this way)
Who's the he here?
@fp, why? Ask me questions about it maybe?
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #296 (isolation #6) » Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:15 am

Post by Bellaphant »

That's what I thought, sorry!
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #314 (isolation #7) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:38 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

^ good voting

@fancy, I didn't get a chance to respond at day end but wanted to clarify - it wasn't distancing, more resignation - the bbt wagon elim looked really inevitable by the time I'd replaced in, and I had no strong feelings on the slot. What I was trying to say but don't think I was clear about was that whatever bbt flipped I found furtives vote on them the worst..

@furtive, why ignore esires in your list, the other half of bbt's hero solve?
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #319 (isolation #8) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:14 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

In post 301, FancyPants wrote:
In post 300, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Hero solve is esires/Furtive.

Peace!
Copycat.

This, furtive. Just wanted to see if you had a response
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #321 (isolation #9) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:52 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

That's weirdly aggressive - it felt to me like you named half of town as maybe scum, I just wanted more thoughts on esires - especially because two people thave mentioned you having partner equity already. I'm actually not massively sure why, hence wanting more thoughts from you on them
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #322 (isolation #10) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:53 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

I remember not scum reading esires when I read through, but scum reading you, so I'n trying to poke at why that's two people's hero's solve.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #324 (isolation #11) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:50 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

Still: can you walk me through your read on esires?
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #336 (isolation #12) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:24 am

Post by Bellaphant »

In post 327, FancyPants wrote:
In post 326, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 324, Bellaphant wrote:Still: can you walk me through your read on esires?
Why? You said you don't scumread them either. So neither of us would be trying to convince the other.
Because if you are paired we'd like your opinion for the record.

:)

I didn't pick rad as scum in that newbie. @rad, any other completed scum games?
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #337 (isolation #13) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:25 am

Post by Bellaphant »

VOTE: furtive
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #347 (isolation #14) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:09 am

Post by Bellaphant »

@meg, that's why I voted. It feels exactly like scum busy work with a really weird conclusion.

P-edit about half a dozen posts happened that I haven't processed.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #355 (isolation #15) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:11 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

@fancy, hard disagree - in newbie 2091 my top scum read did a massive graph of voting patterns, very similar to what furtive did, but it looked way more work than it was and again drew some very weird conclusions (like, a vote was a vote whether it was in RVs or not, it didn't account for mutual town reads voting together, in fact that got painted as scumny iirc, etc.). They flipped scum. Furtives post remind me so much of it because it doesn't really /show/ anything ,apart from as others have pointed out, that juice wasn't really here. Plus it just happens to support his rad/Bella/meg already theory? So you not see that as Sus?
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #357 (isolation #16) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:41 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Tbf noone is here. I could elim erises but I don't think you'll love that.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #416 (isolation #17) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:09 am

Post by Bellaphant »

@meg, did I play with an alt of yours recently Ish or am I confused? Any way, do you have any questions for me?
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #424 (isolation #18) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:01 am

Post by Bellaphant »

It's bedtime for the kids. *Puts on mum hat*
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #443 (isolation #19) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:46 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

Probably the most useful thing to do is take the slots one by one. If I've missed any questions or comments to me, let me know.

Fancy pants - top town. Was town yesterday, one of the only two slots I was really happy with, even more town today. I really like their approach to furtive's big post - it could feel a bit chaotic (they defend it to me, they scrutinize it a bit, they defend it a bit, they think a bit, they assert their town on furtive), but it's really obvious where their head is at.
Rad - next town. Especially the last few pages. Might be a a tiny bit swayed by effort but this looks like the rad I played with in the newbie, even down to the slightly odd tone to furtive about being dramatic.

Big gap.
Nulls, I guess? Bs00 - I really liked their day one, mainyl.foe tone and some questions. They aren't here today. People have said their bbt vote is bad, but it seemed ok to me.

Scummy
Meg - I find this slot hard to read, I've seen them as town and scum and found it hard to tell the difference. I feel like I should've vibed with their furtive case more than I did.
Esires - wasn't wowed by their day one, they aren't here.
Furtive - still hate their bbt vote. Still think the resemblance between their pairs post and abd's voting graph is huge, both in content and conclusion. Don't like the fact that furtive is saying that he was 'right all along" when his conclusions have changed, Ans then saying 'maybe my town reads are wrong ' - it feels really weird to confidently say you are right but leave yourself an out at the same time.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #444 (isolation #20) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:49 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

....hang on, I'd missed the stuff in the spoilers. That's a ton of stuff. Reading.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #445 (isolation #21) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:04 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

Furtive, you confuse me so much. Reading through the conclusions, I kinda see where you are going, but then the place In your reads list doesn't seem to match what you've just said - this sticks out most for esires and bs00,- can you talk to me a bit more about them?

Also, I don't think your read sharing thing between me and bulba is true/fair - I was implying that I thought peta was scummy (controversial, but everyone piling on a tr actually felt a bit Sus, I didn't see it /that/ much), so your point about the night kill also feels weird. Also, people scum reading you isn't that weird, sorry ;)

With the bbt thing, I just felt the elim was invevitable - and I do think that wagon is really interesting. If you aren't scum, then I'd look much harder at the other votes on it.

I dunno, can you come poke holes in this? I find your shorter posts really scummy, I find some of your longer explanations really weird and self reinforcing, which I think is my biggest issue with the stuff about the partners, but then some things you say I find myself agreeing with.

Ugh.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #446 (isolation #22) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:05 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

UNVOTE: in the spirit of having an actual chat
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #448 (isolation #23) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:00 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

I get that and I liked it, what threw me was then placing them above rad/making them your second and third town read. Slots that I have that many q's on end up feeling more scummy over all to me - hence you and meg.

Ok, fair. I think what I have been trying to say Ans haven't expressed well was that I don't think anyone 's day one covered them in glory, apart from fancy pants. I think big!brain scum Bella, instead of killing her scum read, leaves a slot that's been town read for what actually looks like activity as an easy mis-elim at elo. But that's wifom. I wasn't trying to position my read as clearing me from the kill, that would be silly.

That feels like the most hole-pokey read of the situation, but I guess I did ask for it: re the wagon. But again, fair, although why do you think 'info' is redundant? It was wagon and vote analysis that sold me on bbt scum in the game we played with rad. (Also you made me laugh, which I have found does the to come from town slots, but that's a shit reason to tr someone )
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #449 (isolation #24) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:01 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

This isn't relevant at all
Spoiler:
on a bus? Are you UK based? Do you like board games?
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #451 (isolation #25) » Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:06 am

Post by Bellaphant »

In post 450, furtiveglance wrote:Yes UK. No buses stateside? And yes I like board games. I see you trying to buddy me talking about nice things!
Ok,back to interrogation!
Why is wagon info useless?
Why esires and bs00 above rad on your list?
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #455 (isolation #26) » Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:14 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Ok, I think you read a lot of weird/scummy intent into things I've said - I didn't say what you proposed around the nk and I haven't said that about the vote: I think vca is really useful especially in the later game. I understand that just pointing at a town wagon and going 'ooo' is bad, but again, that's not what I did - I didn't really understand the wagon in the first place and it would be really weird if the wagon was pure - the whole wagon felt opportunistic. At the time, I disliked your vote the most because it felt it had the least context, but I remember rad saying you were just really confident, which I didn't pick up. My next step is to go back and re-read the reasons on my own.

@rad, any questions my way?
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #458 (isolation #27) » Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:55 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Ok, sorry, I'm not being clear - the wagon still baffles me. It was bad. I think at least one vote hopped on to a wagon that ordinarily wouldn't have gone through in a game with less replacements, or more activity.

Eh, I thought rad said you said you were sure bbt was scum and that was actually pretty town.

I'm not pushing you. The more I talk to you the more I think you are town. I'm still getting a lot out of discussing.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #465 (isolation #28) » Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:27 am

Post by Bellaphant »

@ fancy, I have meg as my most certain scum, because in being swayed by furtive - I'm aware I could be being hoodwinked but I felt like he was engaging with me in good faith earlier but without trying to overly appeal to me or pocket me.

It's weird for me because I was reading this game before replacing in and I basically wouldn't have been surprised for anyone to get a red role, even my slot. I town read you, And my other strong tr had one really bad start of day poat and is getting replaced. So I'm trying to mainly work from day two and you, rad and furtive are the most active by far, so I am worried that I'm just poe-ing 'the rest'. I think I'm more scared of rad than you are.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #486 (isolation #29) » Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:28 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

I'll get back to fancy later

@rad - until recently I wouldn't have been able to answe that - I hadn't rolled scum in years, but I've had some res role PM's now. I'm doing surprisingly well (deptuy cultists it was Poe, I think only meg's alt actually scum read me), I think what's changed the most in my scum game is I now way more actively try to 'look' town - years ago there was an ic called Thor, and he said basically 'forgot you are scum in the day time and push whatever you normally would ' - because most townies do scummy things!

In terms of tone, I used to be more aggressive as scum, because it got me town read! People automatically seem to read my posting style as scummy, which is frustrating when I'm town because I think my thoughts are really clear and obvious and then people yell at me for not answering them. This recently happened in a town game where I drew a fucking spider graph to explain my thoughts and posted a pic in thread!!

Which links to the next bit - no, furtive came across as towny while talking to me about themselves. I felt there was enough push back on my slot for him to be solvy, without him being defensive. It has nothing to do with meg at all. Furtive was my highest scum read but now he isn't, so I'm left with meg + the replacements.

I should've termed this more as a Poe - my scum pool is very mixed with my null pool. I need to go back and read megs day one and an waiting for the replacements before this firms up - I've found it a lot easier to find town today than scum, but my scum reads are more that I don't have compelling reasons to tr them. I'm fairly concerned this isn't right as an end game solve, but I don't think I'm looking outside of the Poe solve of the replacements plus meg today.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #489 (isolation #30) » Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:36 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

viewtopic.php?p=13455953#p13455953. Context - the Nancy hydra kept misinterpretating something I thought I'd made really clear but hadn't, so we shouted at each other a lot.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #490 (isolation #31) » Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:45 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

This too feels a bit deja vu.

Let's start with 4 and 5 - I don't know about rad but when I replaced in the elim felt inevitable. It even felt like bbt had given up fighting it .as I said to furtive, I don't think it was a good wagon at the time, but it was happening. I'd just replaced in, I wasn't going to spend a huge amount of effort that felt useless. Lazy? Yeah, maybe. Scummy? No

6 - I say town to mean everyone, this is a reach. Also, you and bbt just talked about furtive and esires and I didn't get it, of course in gonna ask furtive about it.

7 - this is the same point. Of course I'm gonna poke at everyone's reads..

In terms of your summation, it's just wrong - I made it really clear that it was frutives vote post that tipped me over the edge..

Re the case, it felt nit picky. Bit like this one!
I don't find furtives scum read massively compelling, I don't think I've said that?
I've just done this. I've done it before. I'm not ignoring your questions..

Now for round two...m
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #491 (isolation #32) » Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:50 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

2) yes, and? I do like vca..we didn't have a better alternative vote at the time. Town gets info from elims. It's starting to feel like the expectation from you here is I replaced in and ....led a whole new elim? Why does the same not apply to rad? Legit question.

3)I didn't say that. I just clarified this to rad.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #492 (isolation #33) » Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:54 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

Ngl this read seems like it's come out of nowhere and made of nothing. Paranoid me wonders if it's because the thread appetite for a furtive Elim went.

Also, to clarify, I didn't think the bbt flip would give us immediate info.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #493 (isolation #34) » Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:56 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

In post 269, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Had to double check this was the right game before I posted after seeing Rad and Bella posts.

I'm really struggling to find the time for Mafia at the moment and I honestly don't mind being hammered.

Find it really weird I was meant to have a strong position on the elim.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #495 (isolation #35) » Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:20 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

@Bella - what's your plan as scum in general? For example, my plan is to seem reasonable and non-confrontational and avoid angering the loudest town. (Rad)

I promise I'm not interrogating you but talking helps solidify my thoughts (fancy)

In probably just seeing things but ugh.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #496 (isolation #36) » Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:40 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

Hi corwin.

P sure rad is town, I have the least '???' about their slot.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #498 (isolation #37) » Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:29 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

I just did, to rad.

Why are you much more bothered about my stance on the bbt wagon over rads?
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #501 (isolation #38) » Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:32 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

Fancy's. Its really.... picky?
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #507 (isolation #39) » Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:09 am

Post by Bellaphant »

That was before a case on me that was basically nothing. I don't mind being scum read by my town reads if I understand it - it happened in the game I linked rad to, but it came out of no where and is paper thin, so of course I'm going to react.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #509 (isolation #40) » Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:28 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Because their read also happened out of nowhere? And because one of their main points, which seems to be 'bella didn't push a different wagon to bbt which is convenient for scum ' !which you also made but at least you were funny) hasn't been applied to rad.

Town can be wrong but I look for progression in my reads - I want to understand why something is happening. This push doesn't really feel much to do with anything that's actually happened/I've done, their read on bulba flipped massively and the only thing that seems to have changed overall is that you don't feel like a viable wagon but a few people are now Sus of meg.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #523 (isolation #41) » Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:49 am

Post by Bellaphant »

@furtive, I'm not sure of anything! You must admit the push is a bit weak though. We still haven't had content from the replacements
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #539 (isolation #42) » Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:01 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

Rad is massively analytical.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #541 (isolation #43) » Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:26 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

@ rad, I was reading bs2000 as town mainly for vibes when catching up, but their progression there is super weird. Compared to furtive's, actually, which isis really clear. I think the pairing stuff is nai, i think it's a newbie tell rather than a scum tell - it happens quite a bit in newbies where more experienced players have to interject about why it's unhelpful to partner hunt with no info.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #546 (isolation #44) » Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:16 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Ok, I had a bit of time so re-read day one focusing on meg, then meg in iso. Someone (furtive?) Said their iso feels thin, Ans yeah, that's the conclusion I've taken away.

Their early game (it's still page four but it's 20+ posts into their iso) there isn't much happening - a fair few statements like '
Effectively. It's obviously not solid in any sense, but its enough to be a little offputting.' which feel fence sitty.

They start the bbt push, in response to a perceived lack of effort on bbts part. Some weird interactions around the fancy and bs slot. Lots of questions, but also lots of....pot shots? Like to rad. Twice at rad actually.

It's really hard to come away from the iso with a really solid idea of megs stances.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #547 (isolation #45) » Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:21 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Hi Roden,

Lots of replacements, basically. Scum reads seem to be a bit everywhere.

I read you dead wrong in our last game, you seemed so reasonable!
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #550 (isolation #46) » Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:55 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Fancy made a case on me /my predecessor that was fairly thin, I'm not sure really why furtive is voting me, I think some of it is he reads my posts in the worse possible light! I'm waiting for fancy to come back and discuss.

I think a few people/slots had a really bad day one - as seen by the bbt elim really, which hasn't helped with scum reads. Rad is town, but is low key scum reading my slot due to my predeesor but also has questions about yours, corwins slot was ok Ish but their replace in has been weird, furtive had a good chat with me that made me think he's prov town, fancy was really widely town read but their case in me is just .... strange, Ans meg is also under a bit of scrutiny
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #553 (isolation #47) » Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:46 am

Post by Bellaphant »

I think is analysing without an obvious agenda And are being fairly flexible in their thoughts. Plus, they did a thing that's tone related that I've only seen them do as town. They seem to be painting themselves as a weaker scum player though and I don't think that's true.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #556 (isolation #48) » Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:47 am

Post by Bellaphant »

In post 554, furtiveglance wrote:Roden sus bad entrance
Corwinoid town good entrance
Can you explain?
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #564 (isolation #49) » Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:12 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Case me? Respond to my response to fancy's case? You sheeped him, you kinda need to back yourself up a bit.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #566 (isolation #50) » Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:20 am

Post by Bellaphant »

I agreed more with you, that's why I questioned, haven't processed this page really apart from furtives Macbeth thing. After chips!
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #569 (isolation #51) » Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:36 am

Post by Bellaphant »

This is really fence sitty but I think both of Roden Ans corwins opening content is a little off, there's stuff that feels valid in both but also bad takes in both. corwin is misrepping your game almost comically, but it isn't a real push, and rodens point about esires is kinda right - they were the other wagon to bbt, but their day one wasn't stand out bad and having them be auto pushed for a day one that wasn't great for anyone is a bad take.

@fancy, no response to my response? No response to 'ehy am I more Sus about the bbt wagon than rad, peta or even bbt?'
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #570 (isolation #52) » Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:36 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Vibes wise I did think Roden was sorting a bit more, also.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #571 (isolation #53) » Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:40 am

Post by Bellaphant »

@furtive, "Things bad begun make strong themselves by ill.”
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #587 (isolation #54) » Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:10 am

Post by Bellaphant »

1) my reads aren't great right now, I want a bunch more content from the replacements. I'm never as throwy with my votes as some people.
1a) linked to this, im bored of talking about what I said about bbts wagon.

2) that's just me. I've already said to rad about my tone and interactions being hard to read sometimes. Is there anything specific from that game else?

Red stuff - both of these things can be true, it's not a contradiction. See 1a
Good point @ fancy, talk more about the hero solve?
But I did want info from you

I don't know what calling cap means, but ok. I am uninspired by your read.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #590 (isolation #55) » Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:18 am

Post by Bellaphant »

But I've talked about it and talked about it to fancy. It's a fallacy - I'm not going to turn round and suddenly have a better answer than the one I've given, and I don't think not leading an alternative wagon is a fair expectation at all, coming from someone on the wagon! And apparently no one wants this from rad, who also replaced in. No wonder I'm bored and frustrated.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #592 (isolation #56) » Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:25 am

Post by Bellaphant »

It's not having it both ways if my feelings at the time were 'meh'. I can't change that. It's wifom but if I was scum surely I'd have something better to say about it .

I am talking about others. I talked a fair bit about meg. I wish fancy had given me more to respond to than 'i was drunk when I cased you' because I do feel more productive talking to people. I've shared initial thoughts on the replacements.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #614 (isolation #57) » Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:54 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

Can I have a link to a meg scum game?
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #622 (isolation #58) » Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:33 am

Post by Bellaphant »

@meg, can you expand a bit on the furtive read wrt deputy cultists? Because it seemed like that game you were the only one really on to me ;)

@corwin, in around a bit if you wanna chat. I'm cocnerned you think I've been low frequency though, that's just not really true.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #624 (isolation #59) » Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:54 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Can you give me some examples? I find you really hard to parse and I tend to need more explaining
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #626 (isolation #60) » Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:39 am

Post by Bellaphant »

The wincon but not obv!scum stuff.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #638 (isolation #61) » Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:43 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

Ahaha, feeling conflicted is about where I am. I really want more from fancy - his case was almost laughably bad and I can't help thinking it was pulled out of nothing and then he's kinda been absent, but then the question is 'why'. Interesting that rad read the slot as null day one, I had then as my strongest town. I also think it's weird that they totally abandoned their 'hero solve'.

I'm starting to worry that my scum read of meg is stylistic.

I'm back to being confused by furtive. Their start of day was bizzare, but then through convo I felt they were responding to me like they were solving, but their scum read of me again feels strange and like they are painting my actions in a perceived worst light, which was very similar to my issue with their big analysis post. So does the push on rad .

The replacements both game in a little shaky, did think Roden was townier than corwin, but the content has dropped off from both.

@furtive, why are you tr-ing corwin?
@rad, talk to me more about fancy's dya one.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #646 (isolation #62) » Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:04 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Let's re read day one for myself.

P1 esires day one wagon stuff doesn't need saying, furtive seems more relaxed. Fancy and bs look a bit try hard.
P2 The meg vote feels a bit weird. Early for a real push, but is it scummy? Esires response is fine.
3 52 is weird. Exchange between fancy and meg seems more genuine than I thought
3-4 for bulba are super mixed. 87 for bs is also some hits and misses - (by paragraph, hit, miss, miss, hit!)
5 - the bbt pile on starts. Bulba explaining reads seems towny, meg is already on bbt, peta then bulba react. Hadnt realised how many votes were still on bs at the this point. Bs posts a VC with the VC being backwards.
6 129 from esires and 137 from fancy are both terrible. 149 slightly better. Juice omgus votes, which is just weird.
7 is 152 scummy or new?? First half bad, second half ok. 154 good, 155 bad. Feel worse about meg this page
8 fancy, talk to me about 180?
200 from bs is better. 214 is furtive being weird about esires again.
235 is bad from esires.

Ok, I don't wanna vote meg today. Re-reading I think hasn't changed much from my first conclusions - I still saw a lot of stuff that seemed scummy from a lot of slots. I think I gave slightly more credit to fancy pants then deserved and I think the bs slot might just be new town. Juice didn't make an impact on the game at all. I can see where bbts hero solve came from more now too.

P-edit a bunch of posts, sorry, this took hours in between work, I'll read in a sec.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #647 (isolation #63) » Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:09 am

Post by Bellaphant »

@rad my issue with fancy is solve/drive based - he copied bbts hero solve and then opened day 2 not doing much with it, then cased me, then said he was drunk, then dissapeared. He never responded to my ponts about you and the bbt wagon, while implying I was ignoring his answeed questions. Like, where's the follow through.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #648 (isolation #64) » Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:03 am

Post by Bellaphant »

@rad, also I'm sure we aren't allowed trust tells, and that sure looks like one. What game were you in together?
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #652 (isolation #65) » Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:56 am

Post by Bellaphant »

@furtive, really?? Nearly 200 posts and a re-read of day one. You aren't engaging with me in good faith at all.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #656 (isolation #66) » Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:42 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Eh, fair, I guess it's more there by omission - meg's posts just didn't stand out as particularly scummy in context, rather than in her iso where I felt there were definitely some weird things. They could be scum really good at blending in, but there was only one page where I felt agreives by their content. When I read the game at first I wouldn't have been surprised for any slot to be red, Inckuding this one honestly, but on a read back I've had a bit more space to process

I also felt their convo with me about furtive to make sense. With my re-read if day one I'm back to being concerned about furtive, the esires slot and making a new entry is fancy.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #658 (isolation #67) » Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:53 am

Post by Bellaphant »

I can't shake the thought that the case felt very rushed, like it was made to redirect the vibe of the thread. At first that made sense when I was scum -reading you, as distracting from your elim would make sense from scum!buddy fancy.

I get what you are saying but I can't see it making much sense as town either? Like one of his key points was I used 'half the town' to mean something incriminating about the wagon.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #660 (isolation #68) » Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:14 am

Post by Bellaphant »

I'd already said that I felt furtives vote was the worst, a few times.

Eh, it's probaably nothing, but I'd feel better about that if they were here to talk it through with me.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #661 (isolation #69) » Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:17 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Actually, no, that isn't what happened. He said 'This is a scum slippy post for me, how does bella know that half the town were called out as maybe scum, how does town-bella know who town is? Additionally they quizz furtive hard on the erises/furtive paring but they state that they don't really even know why they are partnered'

It's clearly about the wording? Or they are saying that I am scum and know that exactly....3 5 people on the wagon are scum? What? This and his point seven are nonsense.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #662 (isolation #70) » Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:18 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Your point is fair, if that's what I'd done (and ok, I can see it might look like that) but that isn't what he said.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #684 (isolation #71) » Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:27 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

This what I've been saying - he did it to his hero solve, he did it to me, and rad. Meg said it doesn't make sense as scum but its freaking weird as scum
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #685 (isolation #72) » Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:27 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

Town, obvs, man's on a bus. (a literal bus)
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #686 (isolation #73) » Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:11 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

VOTE: fancy
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #692 (isolation #74) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:32 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Eh, no-ones gonna hammer without a claim. Also, he had time - his case about me was the early hours of Sunday.

P-edit I'm not voting meg. I'd compromise on corwin.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #696 (isolation #75) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:52 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Eh,, valid.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #697 (isolation #76) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:03 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Also, I've read more of that game now rad, your tone is so different. You are so...pally.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #701 (isolation #77) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:40 am

Post by Bellaphant »

No, I'm saying I find it really scummy that he keeps pushing a read and then dropping 180ing it. Especially when they seem to come from nowhere - rad was auto town, I was scum for a bunch of reasons that he then walked back from saying he was drunk, he talked about a hero solve of esires/furtive end of day and came in not pressuring either slot. You said about his approach to me that it was super weird as town, like I understood you to mean why burn town cred, but I'm saying it's part of a wider picture of his reads and pushes not making sense.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #702 (isolation #78) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:40 am

Post by Bellaphant »

I don't know what cfd means.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #703 (isolation #79) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:43 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Peace!
In post 301, FancyPants wrote:

Peace!
Copycat.
Implies very hard that fancy had this as his solve (even though it's not as obvious in his reads, the juice read has dissapeared) and then we come into day two and ...nothing. in fact we get a strong defense of furtive's partner post straight off the bat, which at least needed some consideration.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #712 (isolation #80) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:24 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

It really surprised me when I realised me and fancy and rad had basically the same amount of posts. .I don't think two days is enough for a replacement to come in, get caught up and make a good vote/defense.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #719 (isolation #81) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:45 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

We really needed a claim there with less than 2 days to go
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #833 (isolation #82) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:15 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

In post 800, Corwinoid wrote:
In post 797, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 790, Corwinoid wrote:
In post 789, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 687, Corwinoid wrote:I slept in. Have my own reasons on top ofrodents, but was leaning this way anyway.
unless you want to argue that this is scum blatantly sheeping his buddy
Is there anybody in this game you haven't shit on in three pages except the person who's essentially buddy claimed you?
yeah, I'm shitting on people. I called out some questionable posting from Bellas slot and called Roden scummy for som shit logic and think that you are scummy. Thats just scumhunting, nothing more nothing less. This post does nothing but try to demonize me.
And yet it's all just sowing discord instead of making serious attempts to solve or progress. At least the scum pools are completely bifurcated now, but you and furtive have all of the opacity of saran wrap.
I'm gonna have to read the corwin/rad thing back. I think Nero was partly right, I think corwin was expecting rad to hammer (ngl me too a bit) but they doesn't seem to be what the issue is?? Nerod posting is a bit ??? - I don't think it's gonna radically change anyone's opinion of the slot.

P-edit a bunch of posts I haven't parsed
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #849 (isolation #83) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:59 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

@nero, what have you read now?

Haha I mean he started by auto deciding I was scum. Wasn't it furtive that said replacing in wirjntheb
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #850 (isolation #84) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:00 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

Ugh sorry, 'with the same scum reads was scummy?'
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #861 (isolation #85) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:00 am

Post by Bellaphant »

A dogpile? That's really not what that was. Questioning your scum read, yes. I don't understand your posting, clearly.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #865 (isolation #86) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:20 am

Post by Bellaphant »

We have 17 hours and I'm down to not wanting to vote meg, rad and Roden mostly because they are the people who are making the most sense.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #870 (isolation #87) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:28 am

Post by Bellaphant »

I was asking about the whole game state, why is that an issue? I never know what to make of more aggressive posters. Talk me through the corwin thing?

P-edit I'm super sick, sorry.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1085 (isolation #88) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:36 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

This game was interesting as I was pretty sure this was the scum slot when replacing in, and then was really unsure of who my partner would be! Town really stepped it up day two.

What's weird is how scummy people found my bbt wagon position, which I would've had as town!

Really well done to Nero, coming in and calling the team, corwin said in the PT we'd lost about half an hour after you repped in ;)
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1088 (isolation #89) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:51 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

Yeah, I had the most awful attack of sinusitis last weekend, all I was good for was sitting still and crying!
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1090 (isolation #90) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:38 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

Tbf furt was really scummy ;) rad was obv town and i think this was a really important game to help me read meg, who I always struggle with.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1094 (isolation #91) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:04 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

No redactions, although corwin may want to redaxt one of my posts for me which is fine .
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1095 (isolation #92) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:05 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

There is a chat in site stuff I think about the queues, I think there was a decent suggestion. I personally think that there isn't enough difference in a newbie now to make it worthwhile (I'm old, my first newbies didn't have day chat and mason newbies is just....wild.)

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”