Newbie 2102 | OPs from 2002 | Postgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:41 pm

Post by Corwinoid »

In post 246, Bellaphant wrote:Did you think I was lying or miscounting myself?
I actually didn't see you call E-1 on your vote, I just thought it was the hammer. Completely my mistake.
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:42 pm

Post by Corwinoid »

In post 247, Nektarios wrote:Wow I legit thought I put CCGeek back at E-1 and thought he was hammered too. Now to go back and see where I got confused. Finally settled down to read from page 1.
This.

Also...
@Mod, can we put a 24 hour pause on the day timer for people affected by the hurricane?
evileeyore
evileeyore
Townie
evileeyore
Townie
Townie

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:02 pm

Post by evileeyore »

In post 249, Nektarios wrote:
In post 248, Nektarios wrote:Blah, I missed your first sentence somehow.
(Off Topic) Yup... (vote)Ian(/vote) bored now, can't sleep, lack of AC will roast me.

Thank ZOD there is a vote tag, between this garbage interface and Android (no brackets on Android ui) phone voting would be unpossible.
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:35 pm

Post by Corwinoid »

In post 252, evileeyore wrote:
(Off Topic) Yup... (vote)Ian(/vote) bored now, can't sleep, lack of AC will roast me.

Thank ZOD there is a vote tag, between this garbage interface and Android (no brackets on Android ui) phone voting would be unpossible.
If you hit the symbol button the lower left, the brackets are under 9 and 0.

Don't kill your battery, and stay safe bro.
evileeyore
evileeyore
Townie
evileeyore
Townie
Townie

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:00 pm

Post by evileeyore »

In post 253, Corwinoid wrote:
In post 252, evileeyore wrote:

If you hit the symbol button the lower left, the brackets are under 9 and 0.

Don't kill your battery, and stay safe bro.
That's where paranthesis are on my phone... (but I did find a few more nested submenus for symbols and found them there) still hate phone posting, it's giving me carpal tunnel (stupid tiny stylus).

Anyway, reread Spartan's previous games (told ya was bored). I don't necessarily think he's right, but I no longer think he's wrong.

HAMMER TIME
VOTE: CCGeek
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: it/its, not they

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:07 pm

Post by HighPrincessErinys »

That's where paranthesis are on my phone... (but I did find a few more nested submenus for symbols and found them there) still hate phone posting, it's giving me carpal tunnel (stupid tiny stylus).

Anyway, reread Spartan's previous games (told ya was bored). I don't necessarily think he's right, but I no longer think he's wrong.

HAMMER TIME
VOTE: CCGeek

Hats off to Day 1 after eight days, everyone!
not a person, just a doll~
this one refers to itself in the third person
Get To Know A Doll
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:51 pm

Post by catboi »

Vote Count 1.07

Mobile Suit Gundam SEED
Studio: Sunrise

CCGeek (5):
Spartan117, HighPrincessErinys, Nektarios, Bellaphant, evileeyore
Spartan117 (1):
CCGeek
Nektarios (1):
SirRhett
evileeyore (1):
Corwinoid

Not Voting (1):
Mr Turtle

With 9 alive, it took 5 to eliminate.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:57 pm

Post by catboi »

CCGeek
was eliminated Day 1.

He was a...
Spoiler:
Vanilla Townie
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:11 pm

Post by catboi »

Bomberman Jetters
Studio: Studio Deen

It is now
Night 1

The deadline for Night 1 is
October 1
at
1:00 AM EDT
. Submit night actions by PM, if applicable.

Deadline Timer:
(expired on 2022-10-01 01:00:00)
[/color]
Last edited by catboi on Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:10 pm

Post by catboi »

Princess Tutu
Studio: Hal Film Maker

HighPrincessErinys
died Night 1. It was a
Town Mason
Last edited by catboi on Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:28 pm

Post by catboi »

It is now Day 2.

Vote Count 2.00

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Studio: Production I.G

Not Voting (7):
Bellaphant, Corwinoid, evileeyore, Mr Turtle, Nektarios, SirRhett, Spartan117

With 7 alive, it's 4 to eliminate.

Deadline for Day 2 is October 8 at 1:30 AM EDT.

Deadline Timer:
(expired on 2022-10-08 01:30:00)
Last edited by catboi on Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nektarios
Nektarios
He
Townie
Nektarios
He
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: He

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:36 pm

Post by Nektarios »

In post 260, catboi wrote:With 9 alive, it's 5 to eliminate.
@catboi 9 Alive?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:39 pm

Post by catboi »

Please don't post when you're dead. I realize this was omitted from my rules, it has been corrected.

Nektarios wrote:
In post 260, catboi wrote:With 9 alive, it's 5 to eliminate.
@catboi 9 Alive?
Fixed, thank you.
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:44 pm

Post by Corwinoid »

Well...

I don't think both scum were on wagon. It wouldn't surprise me if it was an entirely town wagon, but I doubt it.

@Spartan, thoughts on Bella after D1?
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:58 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

@corwin, that was my take too. I'm more interested in the jumps off the wagon I think, maybe new scum not wanting to be on the wagon?

Also, the flip means that there is another mason. Do not claim at this point, i think. Weird pop in from Nek....
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:29 am

Post by Spartan117 »

In post 263, Corwinoid wrote:Well...

I don't think both scum were on wagon. It wouldn't surprise me if it was an entirely town wagon, but I doubt it.

Hey, umm so I was kinda in my mojo at the end of day 1 doing my re-reads and stuff I was a bit taken aback that it was cut short with EE hammering given I was clearly in the middle of stuff it wasn't like we had reached a point of it being stale, so I kinda gave up a bit after that and didn't go back to it because the day ended and wasn't sure who was gonna be the nk. I wasn't thinking it was gonna be me I was more thinking maybe corwin or Bella as I thought you guys corwin in particular seemed to be very strong but maybe they thought you might have been protected in some way and so went for someone else, or maybe there was a legit read given we now know there is a team of masons. Anyway I wasn't sure so didn't wanna put a load of time in the night on reads and stuff and then get NKed even tho I didn't see myself as the pick I wasn't sure, and I've got past experience as can be seen of my games of getting nked early and i had put a lot if time into making reads and stuff then and got annoyed by that, anyway sorry for rambling on those was just my thoughts off the top of my head.
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:36 am

Post by Spartan117 »

In post 263, Corwinoid wrote:@Spartan, thoughts on Bella after D1?
As for Bella I'm not sure, I felt like she was playing a good town game, pushing the chat keeping it moving asking questions of people but I'm not so sure after she did ask them questions if she followed it up to get answers, cos anyone can just ask questions appear town and leave it, tbf I'm currently guilty of that myself in the sense I asked questions of people day 1 but I also havnt had a chance to go back and push people, I'm planning putting something together later today on all the things I asked of people along with new questions.
Going back to Bella for a second, my experience of playing with her is when she was town and I can see that looking similar to her play so far but it's only been 1 day although I havnt seen scum Bella so I need to look out for that, @Corwin you have played with Bella more than I have, have you experienced her as scum? I'm curious if you have any specific tells on that?
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:40 am

Post by Spartan117 »

In post 264, Bellaphant wrote:the jumps off the wagon I think, maybe new scum not wanting to be on the wagon?
Yeah that pinged me a bit too I need to go back and re-read and seee how it was done, because if there is clear distancing and like claims of CCGeek maybe being town as they disembarked the wagon then that's a bit smelly, mainly if they thought they were town then why not push more for an alternative wagon and try and defend more if so. Anyway re-read first conclusions later.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:09 am

Post by catboi »

Given the site downtime over the weekend, I will be extending the deadline by 3 days to compensate for lost time/people getting their bearings back.
Mr Turtle
Mr Turtle
Townie
Mr Turtle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:32 am

Post by Mr Turtle »

It being an entirely town wagon would imply a scum team of exactly me and Rhett. Do you agree with that assessment?

Unrelated, but I feel like the NK points to an SE in the scum team.
evileeyore
evileeyore
Townie
evileeyore
Townie
Townie

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:55 pm

Post by evileeyore »

In post 263, Corwinoid wrote:I don't think both scum were on wagon.
Agreed. You weren't on the wagon.

And yes, it's entirely possible neither were on the wagon.

In post 264, Bellaphant wrote:Also, the flip means that there is another mason. Do not claim at this point, i think.
Care to elaborate as to why not? At this point it's a powerless role. They knew one other person was conftown, and that person is eliminated.

It's not as though the scum don't know they are town... the only people who don't have confirmation of them being town
are the rest of town

QED: May as well claim and lock a conftown for the day. Unless I'm tragically offbase here?
In post 264, Bellaphant wrote:Weird pop in from Nek....
Not really, I noticed it too, but just couldn't be arsed to ask about it at 1:30am (catboi had a copypasta error in the Day 2 start post).

In post 265, Spartan117 wrote:... I was a bit taken aback that it was cut short with EE hammering...
Two people had stated Intent To Hammer when CCG was at E-1.
More than 24hrs
later both jumped on
your
wagon to see it through.

And sorry, you had some questions in a post earlier that I think I missed due to Hurricane Ian, I'll get back to them when I've got time.

In post 269, Mr Turtle wrote:It being an entirely town wagon would imply a scum team of exactly me and Rhett. Do you agree with that assessment?
Corwinoid wasn't on the wagon...
In post 269, Mr Turtle wrote:Unrelated, but I feel like the NK points to an SE in the scum team.
Pretty sure at least one of the scum are an SE. Killing HPE was a smooth move to avoid suspicions as they weren't rolling hard on anyone, so their death points no fingers.
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:55 pm

Post by Corwinoid »

In post 265, Spartan117 wrote:I wasn't thinking it was gonna be me I was more thinking maybe corwin or Bella as I thought you guys corwin in particular seemed to be very strong but maybe they thought you might have been protected in some way and so went for someone else, or maybe there was a legit read given we now know there is a team of masons.
I expected you or me. I didn't expect HighPrincessErinys, and I wasn't PR reading that slot at all. Suspect I know who the partner is now, though.

I'm not sure what the optimal strategy for a partner claim is at this point. I would tend to think earlier is better, but I'm really not sure.

I do think the hammer was premature, I'm still mulling on that though.
Spartan117 wrote:
In post 263, Corwinoid wrote:@Spartan, thoughts on Bella after D1?
As for Bella I'm not sure, I felt like she was playing a good town game, pushing the chat keeping it moving asking questions of people but I'm not so sure after she did ask them questions if she followed it up to get answers, cos anyone can just ask questions appear town and leave it, tbf I'm currently guilty of that myself in the sense I asked questions of people day 1 but I also havnt had a chance to go back and push people, I'm planning putting something together later today on all the things I asked of people along with new questions.
Going back to Bella for a second, my experience of playing with her is when she was town and I can see that looking similar to her play so far but it's only been 1 day although I havnt seen scum Bella so I need to look out for that, @Corwin you have played with Bella more than I have, have you experienced her as scum? I'm curious if you have any specific tells on that?
Yeah, we've had scum games together. We've played in every configuration except me town - her scum, and T/T. There was exactly one thing that tickled me D1, but I'll have to go find it again too since I was expecting to die also. I was wondering if it had hit for you at all. In the scheme of things it's pretty minor, but minor is what I'd look at from either of you.
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:02 pm

Post by Corwinoid »

In post 269, Mr Turtle wrote:

It being an entirely town wagon would imply a scum team of exactly me and Rhett. Do you agree with that assessment?
You're not out of my pool yet, so it's possible. I don't think it's the most likely case, but it's possible.
Unrelated, but I feel like the NK points to an SE in the scum team.
Also possible, though I still have reasons to think not.

Actually this comment is a little WIFOMy now that I'm thinking about it. It's just as likely it was a random kill and got a lucky hit in the masons team; it would be real easy to paint that as "an SE with an inhumanly good read." More likely it doesn't point to SE / not-SE, I think the scum team just got an early hit.

It's interesting though that you and EE made the same observation, and he's at the top of my scum pool.

--
I covered most of the remaining points for right now, so I'm not gonna quote EE's to go through it. 1) He's right, I'm off the wagon and I'd be looking at me too. 2) The hammer was a little weird, even with two intents just popping in and doing it is... a thing, I guess.

I reread a lot of the day 1 ISOs before the servers got hit by a hurricane, and I'm a little miffed at not being sure where to go at this point.
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:03 pm

Post by Corwinoid »

In post 272, Corwinoid wrote:I think the scum team just got
a lucky
early hit.
EBWOP