Newbie 727: Game Over, Town Wins!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
broncofaninmd
broncofaninmd
Goon
broncofaninmd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:20 am

Post by broncofaninmd »

/confirm
broncofaninmd
broncofaninmd
Goon
broncofaninmd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (isolation #1) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:56 pm

Post by broncofaninmd »

Well hello Ropis. Im glad you waited to vote for me. Chiefs huh, well I wouldn't go around admitting that. lol j/k not that the Broncos are any better.

Vote Burb
I dont like that school excuse, it makes me feel eerie
broncofaninmd
broncofaninmd
Goon
broncofaninmd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (isolation #2) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:59 pm

Post by broncofaninmd »

Have you had any previous Mafia experience? If so, was it here or on another site? In real life? yes, one game

Overall, do you believe that you are comfortable with, and understand the game of Mafia? no, still learning

Do you have a favorite role? If so, what is it? If not, why not
No, havent played long enough to expierence them

What, in your opinion, is a particularly egregious mistake that townies often make when they start playing. not sure
broncofaninmd
broncofaninmd
Goon
broncofaninmd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (isolation #3) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:39 pm

Post by broncofaninmd »

Burb wrote:Why would I try to force the game to start later, if I were mafia? It makes no sense for me to invent a reason that merely delays the start. If, perhaps, I were delaying the voting process and lurking under the pretense of "busy with schoolwork, soz soz" etc, then that would make sense. At least in that scenario, a possible advantage for me would be to gain information while giving nothing away. However, like I said already, delaying the /confirm process offers no conceivable advantage no matter what my role.

OMGUS
vote bronco

Sorry bronco, but your faulty rationale makes you suspicious. Should you be trying to random vote, then be honest about it: LAL, after all. ATM it seems that you're looking for a reason, any at all, to accuse someone. A townie would've tried to think this through before randomly accuse someone... which you haven't.
First off, my vote was RANDOM. Townie wouldn't random vote? Going by page one, that would put 4 scums in the game and I didnt see that as one of the setups. Second, Yes I was looking for just any reason to accuse. All I know at the moment is im town and there is eight others who could be scum. I put a random vote on you for your excuse of the delay, not the delay itself. With that reaction I think i will keep my vote right where it is.
broncofaninmd
broncofaninmd
Goon
broncofaninmd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (isolation #4) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:51 am

Post by broncofaninmd »

sorry everyone, i am a state employee for maryland and have been working alot cause of the presidential inauguration. I would like to keep my spot, but if not able let me know thok
broncofaninmd
broncofaninmd
Goon
broncofaninmd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (isolation #5) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:58 am

Post by broncofaninmd »

Its a good thing I double checked the posts, i had the -1 vote on my post reply then saw you had it. Amey has a alot of explaining to do, maybe that -1 vote will do the trick. I agree with everything you said ropis and had most of it written up and on the way.
broncofaninmd
broncofaninmd
Goon
broncofaninmd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (isolation #6) » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:51 am

Post by broncofaninmd »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Answering to has and Spinach: I'm not a big believer in simply asking questions or using FOS. If you want a pot of water to boil you don't ask it to boil and you certainly don't tell it that you're thinking of applying some heat; you simply turn on the heat. Same basic principle applies here, it's too easy to dodge and avoid answering when one simply asks a question, but if that question is backed by a vote, it becomes hard to ignore. There's a second reason why as well, that I'm sure you can think of, but it completely loses all effectiveness if you make me detail it to you.

On another point, I agree with Ropis here, the more information we have to work with the easier it is to find scum. While active lurking doesn't prove scum, it's a common scum tactic.

Finally, are LACiv and Bronco still around, haven't seen a post from either of them in days.
'
Agree with ropis?A few posts before you said you were unsatisfied and that his style of play has brought you interest towards him.
broncofaninmd
broncofaninmd
Goon
broncofaninmd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (isolation #7) » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:55 am

Post by broncofaninmd »

Danny says "I'm going to withhold by vote on Burb for right now, since Ropis is already putting pressure on him with a vote, but if his answers and unsatisfactory I reserve the right to press even more and toss another vote on the pile"

How? Considering everyones answers are unsatisfactory and he still unvotes and moves on.

vote danny
broncofaninmd
broncofaninmd
Goon
broncofaninmd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (isolation #8) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:55 am

Post by broncofaninmd »

ropis wrote :
I wouldn't have voted for him if I hadn't thought he was the scummiest player at the time, but a lot can happen when a player is at L-1. If you can keep someone at L-1 for a while (and I acknowledge that "a while" is hard to define) you can be reasonably certain that you have either found scum or all the remaining scumbags already have their vote on the accused. The overall tension in the game increases, and so do the chances that a scum will let a tell slip - which is what I believe happened here.
Very true, but you also have to look at the individual you cant assume we all play the same. On that token, the problem I have with burb is that he took his time to look at other games and assumed all played the same, when all he had to do was look at the games introduction, or he could of asked to make sure before he put that hammer vote on. He even says most games are played where you have to unvote, so he knew that some didnt!!!
unvote danny
vote burb
broncofaninmd
broncofaninmd
Goon
broncofaninmd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (isolation #9) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:04 am

Post by broncofaninmd »

Burb wrote:Oh, I just noticed.
Ropis wrote: Vote: Ameyarahane

I believe this puts him at L-1 - please no quick hammers until he has had the chance to claim or make any final arguments.
You forgot to unvote me before voting for amey.

Well, since he's had his say I don't really see anything else to do then to
Vote Amey

L-1 now, choose to hammer if you wish or continuing querying amey.
Burb, like has said you act like you knew that was the hammer vote. You even say " since he's had his say i dont see anything else to do then to vote".
broncofaninmd
broncofaninmd
Goon
broncofaninmd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (isolation #10) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:00 am

Post by broncofaninmd »

Welcome to the game Yaw and Pops. I agree with Yaw. I think he has thrown in the towel. Pops has stated his intentions on Burb. Spinach and Has, how do you feel about Burb? You two are the only other's not voting.
broncofaninmd
broncofaninmd
Goon
broncofaninmd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (isolation #11) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:57 am

Post by broncofaninmd »

We our in a peril state. I will start off with Danny.

Danny
Right off the bat, guns was blazing. I was curious with the vote tossing at first, actually threw a vote on you. You answered me and didnt sway me but the more I thought about the more it made sense. I actually liked your argument with Ropis, as i was starting to lean to him myself. Over all I believe your town.

Spinach
Danny couldnt of said it any better, and im not going to beat a dead horse. You will probally be the lynch pin in this game. Part of me says your a patsy, another part says scum acting like a lame duck townie. You have alot of talking to do. Over all 50/50.

Pops
Pop's, filling in for another player is always tough and im thankful you have. Im anxious to see how you play out this day, cause right now I have you down as SCUM.

Has
Has. Im going to start off by saying right now, and this can change but your my number one target. You dominated day one and alittle surprised you werent night killed. Day two, you slowed down alittle, maybe to fly under the radar, im not sure. Your playstyle has been the most drastic from day one to day three and the cherry was you living throught night two. I cant understand why Yaw was the victim, when the other IC was night killed first. Yaw just came in and took over a player who really never participated.
broncofaninmd
broncofaninmd
Goon
broncofaninmd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (isolation #12) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:12 am

Post by broncofaninmd »

I want to see some scum lists from Has, Spinach and Pops.
broncofaninmd
broncofaninmd
Goon
broncofaninmd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (isolation #13) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:27 am

Post by broncofaninmd »

If we have a cop in this game I think he/she should claim and give us there investigation reports.

Spinach, I asked for a scum list not a town list. So I must assume you feel me and Pops are scum?

Has, I would like to see your scum list.
broncofaninmd
broncofaninmd
Goon
broncofaninmd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (isolation #14) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:26 am

Post by broncofaninmd »

Spinach wrote:
Bronco:
You're demanding exactly what you want from everybody. I don't like that. Seems like you are trying to milk information out of everybody. To me thats a definite Scum-tell.

Pops
: Undecided. Nothing makes me think you're town, yet nothing makes me think you're scum.

So, In order of most scummiest to least scummiest:
Bronco
DDD
Pops
Has
At this point in the game one town vote on another townie means game over. You have provided zilch to this game and to expect anything I must be foolish. Scum lists can provide a general link to each other and can help us on a unified lynch. I dont see how demanding information makes me scum. Heck with it, Im going out on a limb here.

Vote HAS
broncofaninmd
broncofaninmd
Goon
broncofaninmd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (isolation #15) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:27 pm

Post by broncofaninmd »

change vote no vote
broncofaninmd
broncofaninmd
Goon
broncofaninmd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (isolation #16) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:38 pm

Post by broncofaninmd »

Tell me why I shouldnt put that vote back on you. Also im waiting for your scum list/ player assesment.
broncofaninmd
broncofaninmd
Goon
broncofaninmd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (isolation #17) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:43 am

Post by broncofaninmd »

We'll we found scum the hard way, now we have to figure out which one if not both of you. Danny, I want to know why you didnt investigate Ropis/Pops, and why you investigated Has.

Spinach and Pops, what do you think of this situation?
broncofaninmd
broncofaninmd
Goon
broncofaninmd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (isolation #18) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:49 am

Post by broncofaninmd »

Spinach wrote:What I mean is you're demanding information from people and yell at them when it's not what you wanted. It makes me think you're scum.
Spinach, I didnt mean to come off as harsh. I just want you to participate. It is very important to get you active so we can lynch scum and win this game!
broncofaninmd
broncofaninmd
Goon
broncofaninmd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (isolation #19) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:09 pm

Post by broncofaninmd »

I agree, ln a lynch or lose situation he should of claimed right away. Although Has im still not sold on you.
Vote Danny
broncofaninmd
broncofaninmd
Goon
broncofaninmd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (isolation #20) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:16 am

Post by broncofaninmd »

Spinach is 100% town
Game, set, match you lose
vote popsofctown
broncofaninmd
broncofaninmd
Goon
broncofaninmd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (isolation #21) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:32 am

Post by broncofaninmd »

popsofctown wrote:??.... oh i see, DDD's cop claim failed so now you're trying one.

Spinach: don't follow that vote up. You'll want to believe initially because he told you that you're town (it's happened to me before in a game, two cops claimed and i wanted to believe the one who said i was town), don't. Take your time during this day, make it long, and try to figure out which one of us is telling the truth.

By the by, I'm actually the cop. I investigated Has last night though, I didn't know whether either of you were scum, until broncofan just now gave it away.
vote broncofaninmd
u messed up just like danny.
[b/ read the setup spinach. If there is cop, and a mafia role blocker there must be a doctor. If your a doctor vote me, if your not a doctor then vote Pops cause hes lying. Im town your town pops is scum. Please read the setup and you will see what im talking about it
broncofaninmd
broncofaninmd
Goon
broncofaninmd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (isolation #22) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:34 am

Post by broncofaninmd »

Spinach i was going to give you a big summary on why you should vote Pops. But that BLATANT slip up just cost them the game. Please just read the mafia setup and you will see what im talking about.
This game is an open set up F11 game. We have a 1 in 4 chance of using any of the following set ups.

a. 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Cop, 1 Doctor, and 5 vanilla townies
b. 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, and 7 vanilla townies
c. 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Cop, and 6 vanilla townies
d. 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Doctor, and 6 vanilla townies
broncofaninmd
broncofaninmd
Goon
broncofaninmd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (isolation #23) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:36 am

Post by broncofaninmd »

Danny was mafia role blocker. If pops saying hes cop and im scum THAT means you would be doctor. Enough said this is a open shut case all you have to do is vote pops and we win.
broncofaninmd
broncofaninmd
Goon
broncofaninmd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (isolation #24) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:46 am

Post by broncofaninmd »

And for the record Pops. The reason I said Spinach was town, was he never voted Has with 2 votes on him. If he was scum he would of voted and won the game. Doesnt take a rocket scientist to prove that pops nor a investigation from a cop.
broncofaninmd
broncofaninmd
Goon
broncofaninmd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (isolation #25) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:57 pm

Post by broncofaninmd »

popsofctown wrote:more lies from broncofan. You can't prove anyone scum from the setup at all, not without knowing where a doctor or cop actually is.
Are you that foolish. lol i am
VANILLA TOWN
Just like spinach

Going by the 4 setups, by you saying your cop I would HAVE to be doctor cause Danny was mafia roleblocker. Your saying your cop and im scum that means what your saying is spianch would have to be doctor. Look at the 4 setups. I know the setup by danny being role blocker. Your gig is up scum. Like I said GAME SET MATCH.
broncofaninmd
broncofaninmd
Goon
broncofaninmd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (isolation #26) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:58 pm

Post by broncofaninmd »

Spinach wrote:Also, if you are a cop, when DDD claimed, then why didn't you run in and tell everyone you were the cop, not DDD?
Excatly spinach and that was one of my points against him i was going to show you. He should of countered immediatly.
broncofaninmd
broncofaninmd
Goon
broncofaninmd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (isolation #27) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:00 pm

Post by broncofaninmd »

Your Theory is correct Spinach. He made a damning miss step just like his partner in crime. Believe me Spinach, you vote Pops the Town wins
broncofaninmd
broncofaninmd
Goon
broncofaninmd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (isolation #28) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:55 pm

Post by broncofaninmd »

YES!!! very good spinach town wins
broncofaninmd
broncofaninmd
Goon
broncofaninmd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (isolation #29) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:12 pm

Post by broncofaninmd »

You played well. I told ya you would be the lynch pin.

* high five *
broncofaninmd
broncofaninmd
Goon
broncofaninmd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (isolation #30) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:11 am

Post by broncofaninmd »

Great game guys. Very well played Danny. The Yawtag kill pointed me to Has instead of you. In the middle of day 2 my two scum were Danny and Ropis. The way the end of day 2 unfolded with Has lurking and finger pointing to Burb with out a vote, and then the kill on Yawtag I was convinced he was the scum and not Danny. My objective in day 3 was to use one of you as town and the other my main target. That came screaching to a halt when Spinach flat out called me scum, and I was worried that he would vote me. His play style is what triggered my events in day 3, just lucked out. Pops you are correct on my strategy. When Danny came up roleblocker, the advantage was in our favor of knowing the setup. I was actually going to use another method but figured you had a better chance of guessing so I didnt try it.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”