Anticollie
Goon
Anticollie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:55 pm

Post by Anticollie »

/confirm.

Lords, ladies, and general scum of the town: I am one of your ICs this good day. Points of inquiry can be directed forthwithe in-game to myself.

There are other ICs in-game, but aside from Korts I cannot tell whom. Therefore, they shall identify themselves.
Anticollie
Anticollie
Goon
Anticollie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (isolation #1) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:02 pm

Post by Anticollie »

VOTE: RIDICULOUS

Far too many caps in his name.
Anticollie
Anticollie
Goon
Anticollie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (isolation #2) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:26 am

Post by Anticollie »

almightybob wrote:
Conspicuous_other wrote:Vote:
Rastous

FOS: Almightybob

I'm calling a scotish conspiracy right now.

This strikes me as a bit OMGUSy, with overtones of scum.
Overtones of scum? Why? I got the OMGUS. That's obv obv. But scum?

No connection for me. Do tell.
Anticollie
Anticollie
Goon
Anticollie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (isolation #3) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:44 am

Post by Anticollie »

RIDICULOUS wrote:The ICs shouldn't garner any extra attention just because they're ICs; especially when it leads to dissecting every bit of their actions while ignoring those made by others.
I encourage this in private, however. I make many subtle nuances that are often highly beneficial to the town. It is a tactic occasionally employed by mafia partners (in situations where they know each other) to communicate information, details or other affiliated information.

To rehash, much can be learned from how ICs interact, and dissect conversation. They tend to employ tactics not easily available in the virgin mind (to mafia). (thus: observe, and then dictate if what you're seeing is simply abstract, or truly subversive).

This tactic is easily remedied to operate in the town's interests as well as one can 'bait' (for lack of a better word) responses using subtle nuances to gauge reactions.

It is my hypothesis that generally speaking, Scum become too complacent in Mafia(Online) and thus rarely pick up on said nuances unless their back is hard up against a wall, in which case these nuances appear just as free-formedly as if they were town. (This is due in part to many mafia members choosing to play back-up to true townie's wagons or accusations). It is this process which allows an avid scum hunter to pick up on the subtle, yet readily available changes in a scum (hunter, in cases)'s attitude and position on the game without reading too much in the easily misinterpreted quasi-body language of the internet (to wit: someone becoming angry or feverish over a vote/line of questioning).

One of the things I do hope we will walk away from this game with is a stronger grasp of the pseudo-psychology of Mafia. To understand a player at the psychological level allows one to interpret, predict, and react more correctly to another's actions.

To put it simply: fuck metas, everyone can change those and cover themselves. But by playing as 'the house' in Mafia (even if you're vanilla) you will be a stronger scum hunter for it. Still confused? Play on.

----------------
Now playing: John Lennon - Gimme Some Truth
via FoxyTunes
Anticollie
Anticollie
Goon
Anticollie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (isolation #4) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:29 pm

Post by Anticollie »

almightybob wrote:
Anticollie wrote:Overtones of scum? Why? I got the OMGUS. That's obv obv. But scum?

No connection for me. Do tell.

I meant that OMGUS is often thought to be a scumtell. So I've gathered from the other games I've read anyway.
Most ICs will tell you otherwise. For what reasoning, I cannot be sure. However, I often reccommend keeping scum tells out of mafia discussion. This is for the simple fact that we are, in essence, working with 0 hard evidence with this game.

Therefore, it is unwise to present anything as concrete. At best, the most we can do is provide reasoning, and as such acting as though any one single action damns someone is often diminutive to our game. It is safe to say that scum tells/metas and the like are based off of reasoning, but that reasoning is anything but secular. (ie: doesn't apply to all cases)

To borrow a page from Pirates of the Caribbean: think of scumtells as more guidelines than actual rules- and in time you'll find that basing your opinions on principal more than scum tells will become more fluent (and successful).

(But I see what you're getting at, I'm not not on board).
Anticollie
Anticollie
Goon
Anticollie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (isolation #5) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:17 am

Post by Anticollie »

almightybob wrote:
axle135 wrote:I'm sorry everyone, but as I posted in my other game, I have a workload building up and I need a replacement here as well.

Sorry everyone. :(

Quick question before you go: are you scum? :lol:
L.A.L.
Anticollie
Anticollie
Goon
Anticollie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (isolation #6) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:55 pm

Post by Anticollie »

Good bye, axle. Thanks for at least attempting to play!
Anticollie
Anticollie
Goon
Anticollie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (isolation #7) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:43 pm

Post by Anticollie »

Howdy, all.

I am reading, this I promise. However, due to "crunch time" for uni deadlines, I'll be -slightly- pressed for time.

I will discuss the merits of all conversations in due time (around tomorrow?) and leave you with this:

Never tell an IC, or any player, that their, or any position supersedes the rational thought process we, as town members, are expected to impose. To surmise, You wouldn't blame Mith, the Site owner for leading you wrongly, much like you shan't blame an IC for leading you wrongly in a game.

It is our job to ensure you, as new members of the site, have a general understanding of how our games work- not to hold hands/play teacher. Expect ICs, at least once a game gets rolling, to play hard ball. I certainly will, and I expect you to return fire if you're truly innocent.

That being said, if you feel Korts has preformed an anti-town action, let us see some votes for it. As I've always said: it is one thing to raise suspicion, but a townie is judged by their merit as a scum hunter, and alack: why raise an eyebrow to a situation you have little or no prudent worry about? Do not post simply to post. Post to scum hunt. (That being said, it is a justifiable action to raise suspicion to a small, or inadequate situation at times to gauge one's reaction. It rarely works out as a boon for the town, and at times ends up in a mis-lynch. At least, that has been the extent of my experience).

That's all I'll say on the matter, but whilst I perceive this as a newbie clutching for arguments: it is also anti-town to bring non-game-related data or positions into the game... at least past the random segment.
Anticollie
Anticollie
Goon
Anticollie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (isolation #8) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:43 am

Post by Anticollie »

Korts is not in a good place right now. His posts are reminiscent of a townie scratching around for leads. However... I really do not think there is -enough- suspicion abound to warrant his hyper-aggravated state.

That being said, I'm going to pass this off as a poorly executed townie move (but make note of it in case things digress further). What I am doing here is probably not the best of actions, as I do have a slight suspicion of him- but I would much rather get the rest of our players active & involved before we deal any death blows.
Anticollie
Anticollie
Goon
Anticollie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (isolation #9) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:03 pm

Post by Anticollie »

UNVOTE:

Silly me, forgot my random.
Anticollie
Anticollie
Goon
Anticollie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (isolation #10) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:10 pm

Post by Anticollie »

Benmage wrote:
almightybob wrote:And yet your reaction was, as others have pointed out, to panic, hit EVERYONE who had a vote on you with OMGUS FoS (
including
axle, whose vote on you was placed during random votes), and then attempt to brand me scummy for picking up on your mistakes.
Wow bob good post. I totally screwed up there with including axel as any substance to the wagon forming on me.

I’m going to
unvote
here for more information.. I don’t feel strongly agasint bob anymore (hopefully he realizes I made a mistake early on(human gofigure) and I’m pretty sure we’re just misunderstanding one another. I also don’t want it to seem like its a “oh he’s against me I’m against him sorta deal.”
(post formatting changed to italics)

...This was a prompt about-face. I look forward to your next revelatory post.
Anticollie
Anticollie
Goon
Anticollie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (isolation #11) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:05 pm

Post by Anticollie »

Benmage wrote:
Anticollie wrote: ...This was a prompt about-face. I look forward to your next revelatory post.
"about-face" i.e. 180 degree turnaround... I don't think its that drastic of a change. We were bantering back and fourth not accomplishing much. I said I'm going to move forward, and thats what I plan to do. Whatever suspicions I have of bob
still remain
, but aren't strong enough to be convinced he's scum. Again, I'm going to wait for further information to develop.
I did not receive this feeling when I read your comments on the situation. To me, it was clear that you had intentions on dropping your charges against him and heading down a different direction. Suggesting that you intend to maintain your suspicions whilst staying silent about them is faulty logic- either you dislike his play or you don't. (Pardon the double negative).

Cut & run is acceptable, but not here- because it suggests you employed faulty logic in the past. The comment which led me to believe this situation, was thus:
I don’t feel strongly agasint bob anymore (hopefully he realizes I made a mistake early on(human gofigure) and I’m pretty sure we’re just misunderstanding one another.
Perhaps I am misled by my own perception?
Anticollie
Anticollie
Goon
Anticollie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (isolation #12) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:24 pm

Post by Anticollie »

You'll have to excuse me. I had a post detailing several players written up, and Firefox crashed mid-sentence. I shall begin re-typing my thoughts in Word, and will potentially release my thoughts in anecdotes to avoid data-overload. I will, for the sake of progress, discern a posting deadline for myself no later than tomorrow night.

That being said, I will make one tip for those compelled to post "scum lists" or "Most wanted lists." A member of the scum may easily use these lists to discern whom to kill. If a member of the game is "generally" considered town by many people, he/she contains less possibility for a lynch, and is therefore a good night kill. It is within our interests as town to keep these thoughts to ourselves, and to avoid statements like "I think Anticollie is a town member, because of posts 3, 9, 42, and 64." Particularly because these posts often spur "Oh yes, I concur" posts which effectively accomplish what I described above.

This can be a fatal mistake for us as town, and something you see happening often in regular games across MafiaScum. We would do best to avoid them, and as we have yet to have this kind of conversation/post, I think it's best we nip it now, eh?
Anticollie
Anticollie
Goon
Anticollie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (isolation #13) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:41 pm

Post by Anticollie »

@ All: My computer has been giving me endless shit lately. I plan on breaking down (hmm... a pun) and buying a new P.C. here within a month (or maybe two) but until then, it's all a matter of haphazard luck whether or not I can post/even check e-mail.

VOICE OF MOD:
As this game is still rather virgin, feel free to begin looking for a new IC. I know they're not particularly easy to come by (and don't care enough to check the que) but if you happen upon one, feel free to replace. If not, no worries- I will continue posting, but I may have issues keeping to deadlines or posts of any particular amount- I'm writing this post in Word!)

Or, my personal favorite:

"We are aware of the issues and are working diligently to resolve them. If you have further questions, please open a new ticket or contact us at http://www.wellfuckyououtofyourwarranty.com"

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”