Baszie
Townie
Baszie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:12 am

Post by Baszie »

Vote: hasdgfas

because I don't know what a hasdgfas is.
Baszie
Baszie
Townie
Baszie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (isolation #1) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:23 am

Post by Baszie »

hasdgfas wrote:Also, no random vote from me. Instead, I've got a couple questions for y'all.

1) What do you want to get out of this game?
I really want to learn how to host and play mafia on other forums. I also already got something very suprising out of this game, I expanded my English vocabulary with the word 'hasdgfas' :P
hasdgfas wrote:
Vote: hasdgfas

2) Do you have a strategy of how to look for scum?
Yes. Not gonna tell you.
Baszie
Baszie
Townie
Baszie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #39 (isolation #2) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:36 am

Post by Baszie »

I'm a bit reluctant to jump on a bandwagon, but I
Unvote
and
Vote: Ryan
. To answer your question ryan ("why shouldn't I vote you?"), I can't really prove my innocence yet, but I'll try by making sure no-one gets lynched too soon by one of my votes.
Baszie
Baszie
Townie
Baszie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #44 (isolation #3) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:36 pm

Post by Baszie »

Unvote: Ryan

Oops. Sorry that was a newbie mistake. To explain my reasoning: I thought mufasa unvoted ryan. That was my mistake though.
Baszie
Baszie
Townie
Baszie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #46 (isolation #4) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:56 am

Post by Baszie »

hasdgfas wrote:Baszie, why did you unvote just because someone called you out? And pulling the newbie card? We know you're a newbie, don't try to defend yourself with it.
Seems like you're trying to push me into voting Ryan. We have lots of time to further discuss people's motivations, so I figured I'd unvote ryan so we don't lynch someone too soon.
about the newbie card; I was merely replying to Dragonfly, he wondered if I made a newbie mistake, or if was contradicting my own statement.

Actually, imo Ryan seems more town than you now hasdgfas, I get the impression you're trying to speed the game up, while ryan is taking it a lot slower.
Baszie
Baszie
Townie
Baszie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #48 (isolation #5) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:37 am

Post by Baszie »

hasdgfas wrote:
baszie wrote:Actually, imo Ryan seems more town than you now hasdgfas, I get the impression you're trying to speed the game up, while ryan is taking it a lot slower.
What makes you say that?
Ryan takes it slow, while you seemed pretty sure about your vote on tubby in the 31st post. I was pointing out that it would be stupid to not unvote ryan, because there are more suspicious players. I might have taken you as a wrong example though, I was a bit quick with my accusations.
Baszie
Baszie
Townie
Baszie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #63 (isolation #6) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:35 pm

Post by Baszie »

Vote: xRECKONERx
, I got a sense he's scummy because he's playing a bit more aggressive than most of us.
Baszie
Baszie
Townie
Baszie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #125 (isolation #7) » Mon May 11, 2009 6:50 am

Post by Baszie »

Unvote: xRECKONERx, Vote: Bobo

I think it's a good idea to lynch someone now, and get some clues who is mafia for day 2. He's the most scummy atm, but on the other hand, I have made the same mistakes as him.
Baszie
Baszie
Townie
Baszie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #189 (isolation #8) » Mon May 25, 2009 11:24 pm

Post by Baszie »

Sorry about being away, I won't bore you with excuses, just wondering if you still want me in the game.
Baszie
Baszie
Townie
Baszie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #202 (isolation #9) » Wed May 27, 2009 7:19 am

Post by Baszie »

As is see it, Koriental and reckoner make themselves seem much less suspicious by trying to get me in the game again (again, sorry, should have said something). Dragonfly has made some excellent points, and he voted against bobo.
The way I see it, hasdgfas and mufasa seem scummish
Does this seem logical? -> Give me your thoughts
Baszie
Baszie
Townie
Baszie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #214 (isolation #10) » Sat May 30, 2009 12:17 am

Post by Baszie »

Care to explain why you vote me?
Baszie
Baszie
Townie
Baszie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #216 (isolation #11) » Sat May 30, 2009 8:45 am

Post by Baszie »

I was planning on voting, but tubby got lynched a bit earlier than I thought, you giving him the final vote.
I might not have voted last round, but I didn't lynch a townie either. It suprises me that I'm the most suspicious while I'm not choosing mafia's side or voting town.
Baszie
Baszie
Townie
Baszie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #218 (isolation #12) » Sat May 30, 2009 11:28 am

Post by Baszie »

WOW I'm VERY impressed! I won't just vote reckoner though. I'd love to, but I want to be very sure your wall of text is accurate.

One thing though; you assume there is a doctor, but that means there is also a mafia roleblocker:
Talitha wrote:
Setup:

This game uses the 9-player semi-open F11 setup. One of the following was chosen at random:
  • 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Sane Cop, 1 Doctor, 5 Townies
  • 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 7 Townies
  • 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Cop, 6 Townies
  • 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Doctor, 6 Townies
Killing the doctor shouldn't be their priority, killing the best townie should be their priority, right?
Baszie
Baszie
Townie
Baszie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #232 (isolation #13) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:29 am

Post by Baszie »

My inactivity is most of all caused by my finals. Have my last test tomorrow so I'll be around more after that. If I really am a problem, you can replace me, but imo, I've actually been more active since a couple of days ago.

Anyway, cow has been absent since dragonfly pointed out he's sure reckoner is scum. So far, it's been hard to place cow as either scum or town, but why isn't he around during your discussion?
I kind of scratched reckoner from my 'probable mafia' list after bobo got lynched, he might have been the second person to vote, but he's active enough here to see when a lynch is getting out of hand. But then he votes me, he just lynched tubby, and then he attacked me without hardly any explanation.

Again, About the mafia trying to lynch a doctor: if there is no roleblocker, there also isn't a doctor. This means that mafia should be not trying to lynch a doctor. Dragonfly claimed that reckoner was trying to vote the doc, but if there is a doc, there is a roleblocker. I don't see why the doc needs to be lynched by the mafia if he can just be roleblocked. I think we can even assume there isn't a doctor at all.

One more thing, why isn't koriental suspected by anyone?
Baszie
Baszie
Townie
Baszie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #237 (isolation #14) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:21 am

Post by Baszie »

I am at L-1.

My defense:
hasdgfas wrote:Not to mention that he says we can assume there isn't a doctor. The only person who would have any knowledge of that is the mafia, because they know whether they are a goon or a RB.
I was not saying there isn't a doctor, I'm saying that dragonfly's argument about reckoner trying to find the doc is useless. I also redirect you to my earlier post about this: HERE
hasdgfas wrote:In addition, he is making a post very soon after being called out, which is always suspicious to me. It's like he's trying to slide by.
I am in a completely different timezone, I just logged on in the afternoon and noticed a discussion occurred overnight.

Also, I do cast suspicion on players but I either have a reason or I do not cast suspicion at all. For example, koriental has made some weird mistakes, but he is completely out of the picture today. I do not want to make him look suspicious, I asked a question why he isn't being suspected anymore.
Cow, your votes so far have not been pro-town at all, so I noted that I can't really place you as town or scum at the moment, apart from that, you just put me at L-1 without reading the last quotewar page, those posts may not have anything to do with me, but your vote does seem very reckless.
Reckoner has not been making a lot of sense with his last votes, I think I have a good reason to get him off my 'confirmed townie list'.
Baszie
Baszie
Townie
Baszie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #242 (isolation #15) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:52 pm

Post by Baszie »

Maybe I shouldn't have brought up the doctor thing. I was saying that there is no reason for scum to look for a doctor, and I rambled on about it way too long, especially after my first post about it got neglected.
About my 'confirmed town' list: I myself am calling it townie list, but when I typed that, it sounded like I'm scum. The way I try to find scum is by finding out who is most probably not scum, and focusing my attention to the remaining player's posts. This is obviously my first game, so the strategy might be flawed though :).
About koriental, I'm still a bit concerned the lynch for today is either going to be me, reckoner or cow. I hardly suspect koriental, I asked a question why no one else suspects him either.

I can completely understand that people are suspecting me, I've been posting a lot of stuff not relevant to the discussion in progress. However, on day one, I cast the final vote on bobo, it may have been luck, but he got lynched and he was mafia. I could have voted mufasa, putting him at L-1 too. Despite this, can I still be considered scum?
Baszie
Baszie
Townie
Baszie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #245 (isolation #16) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:03 am

Post by Baszie »

xRECKONERx wrote:I don't suspect koriental because of his early posts in the game. They came off VERY newbtown... however, now that we're down to five and he's still alive, I think it could very well have been newbscum, especially after the epic fail of killing Mufasa.
Though I don't think the nightkill alone is a good reason to suspect koriental, I am glad someone took the time to even consider him. His votes make him possible scum and I was scared he was being ignored.
xRECKONERx wrote:You cast the final vote on Bobo... Dragonfly cast the first vote on Bobo... and I cast the second vote on Bobo. If anything, you swooping in for the kill when it looked like he was going to go down anyway doesn't convince me. That is a very interesting thing to note that koriental & Cow were the only two who didn't vote Bobo on D1 though.
The only player that hadn't voted yet was cow, who was absent for a short while. I don't think you can safely say "he was going to go down anyway", because I was practically the only player left to vote.
Baszie
Baszie
Townie
Baszie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #303 (isolation #17) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:03 pm

Post by Baszie »

koriental wrote:day 3
reckoner votes baszie quick thinking that baszie was a bad scum who killed a guilty looking mufasa.
dragonfly goes crazy for reckoner. big long case against him. loved it. lol. at this point dragonfly/reckoner/cow are all casting deep stares at each other. i tried to keep up my attack against baszie so that no attn would be drawn to me.

basically just waited for the 3 strongest town to turn their attention to baszie and vote him out, i got away without even having to vote =)
AAGH, At that time, I was so pissed noone took the time to look at you! I didn't want to get lynched, so I tried to be very careful, but that made things only worse. Also, people gave me crap for posting too little, but you and I had almost the same amount of posts. By the way, I didn't suspect you more than cow anytime in the game. I have to say, very well played.

Oh, and sorry for being obvious scum while I'm actually not :)

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”