Osman
Townie
Osman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #16 (isolation #0) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:35 pm

Post by Osman »

1) Coke or Pepsi?

Pepsi, just because I'm too used to Coke.
2) Why do you play Mafia
?
Because its fun mental game, relied solely on your wits.
3) Would you say that you are nervous right now? Why?

No, not really, doesnt see a reason to be.
4) To the experienced players here, how would you describe your playstyle? To the inexperienced players, how would you describe your thought processes?

My first game here, but would say instinct and try to determine patterns, and get a feel for player's style.
5) How many licks DOES it take to get to the tootsie-roll center of a tootsie pop?

No idea, not american and aware of that.
6) How do you determine who to trust?

Ideally someone who is undoubtly proven by the cop, but if there has been enough days past, read the pattern of the player and how it may logically clash with the interests of the scum to the degree its quite unlikely to be otherwise. Though I wouldnt still say trust, but more like good hunch he/she is townie.
7) Which is more important to you: Using power roles well or catching the scum without the help of power roles?

The former is ideal and most practical, even if its more exciting to do it totally without such help perhaps.

8 ) You dont know your ancient greek history/literature?
Osman
Osman
Townie
Osman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #28 (isolation #1) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:36 am

Post by Osman »

Nepotalis, will you answer your own, somewhat random questions (except a couple or so of them).
GroupThink wrote:Please forgive me if I have a rather tasteless sense of humor.
Or you maybe just using jokes to avoid serious answers to not give anything to read on in terms of how you may think, even if its random or too general questions. Just something I noticed, conniving scum trying hard to use humour to deflect from any possible scrutiny.
Osman
Osman
Townie
Osman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #59 (isolation #2) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:38 pm

Post by Osman »

Netopalis wrote:
Osman:
Interesting. Apparently, you're not reading the game. Note these two previous posts:
Netopalis wrote:Alright. Here are my questions. I will be answering them once everybody else has answered. This is to prevent everybody else from looking at my answers and saying "Yeah, what he said." I don't want to influence your answers, of course, as it sort of eliminates the possibility of determining alignment based on the questions. Here they are:
Netopalis wrote: Anathemakei: This comes up in every game that I ask the questions to start off the game. I won't answer until everybody else has, for reasons in the same post as the questions.
So, why aren't you reading the game very carefully?
I read that, I just figured everyone answered already, seemed like it.
Osman
Osman
Townie
Osman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #60 (isolation #3) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:39 pm

Post by Osman »

Netopalis wrote:
Osman:
Interesting. Apparently, you're not reading the game. Note these two previous posts:
Netopalis wrote:Alright. Here are my questions. I will be answering them once everybody else has answered. This is to prevent everybody else from looking at my answers and saying "Yeah, what he said." I don't want to influence your answers, of course, as it sort of eliminates the possibility of determining alignment based on the questions. Here they are:
Netopalis wrote: Anathemakei: This comes up in every game that I ask the questions to start off the game. I won't answer until everybody else has, for reasons in the same post as the questions.
So, why aren't you reading the game very carefully?
I read that, I just figured everyone answered already, seemed like it. Also bit intrigued by the purpose of the questions.
Osman
Osman
Townie
Osman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #62 (isolation #4) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:57 pm

Post by Osman »

Sorry for the odd case of double post above, delete the first if necessary (opened in two different windows, didnt realize I posted the first one).

And yeah read Neto's analysis, pretty interesting stuff to read so much into such general questions. Was right to be intrigued. Though in my case, what you said, my little basic experience of this game elsewhere has thought me how important the power roles can be, especially as townies power roles can be bit sheepish and follow anything anyone says randomly, or be too overly stubborn and not listen to reason, but suspect you instead automatically for scum hunting.

The practical purposes of the power roles are such for a reason, quite useful and good way to win. Even if I realize one shouldnt rely on them all too much but on your wits, but they are still useful while they are available.
Osman
Osman
Townie
Osman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #64 (isolation #5) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:01 pm

Post by Osman »

Netopalis wrote:There were still 4 people needing to answer when you said that, if I recall. At any rate, are you satisfied with my answers?
Yeah I am, though it may be dangerous to jump to conclusions or be set on your course too much too early, its pretty good way to go about things. Especially as you said, it sparks debate.

Now read rest of this page, and yeah, really odd stuff going on, either abrasive scum player(s) or just really unique playing style of a possible townie. I dont get how one can say this or that player is townie off the bat. That makes me more suspicious then too aggressive scum hunting when things have barely started out to begin with.
Osman
Osman
Townie
Osman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #65 (isolation #6) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:18 pm

Post by Osman »

Netopalis wrote:So, based on what you've seen, does your suspicion lean towards any one person or group of people in particular?
Groupthinks reaction to being questionned seems bit odd, how he answered his questions is not much to read into IMO, but how he reacts to being questionned is so far interesting. Not sure if it depends on his playstyle, or is a tactic or adjusting to the role he has.

Though dont want to jump to conclusions, defenitely thinkg Ellibereth is most off by far so far. That may be for being most vocal and others havent said much, but to keep saying who is townie and defending 1-2 other players without really having nothing to go on, is either interesting counter tactic or just plain scummy. He said he would explain after your post analysis, but I havent seen him do that yet.
Osman
Osman
Townie
Osman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #67 (isolation #7) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:53 pm

Post by Osman »

Why would that be a criticism?

You dont get an exclusivity on reading into how someone acts because you posted before others do, usually a read is there for a reason and isnt not entirely unique, even if some more clever players can pick on things others cant. But regarding Groupthink, I reacted to more or less first with his answers to the questions by asking of him his use of humour being a way to deflect from scrutiny.

But Ellibereth despite his antics so far, I gave it time, to see where he is going, but he hasnt really explained why he said they are townies as he said he would.
Osman
Osman
Townie
Osman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #90 (isolation #8) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:58 pm

Post by Osman »

Yeah pretty much agree with how Blackadder went for Robocop eagerly with a convenient reasoning, then immediately backs off when you question him.

Vote Captain Blackadder

And to Ellibereth, this is a newb game, not all of us have played with you before or are supposed to know your style to detail, cut the crap about this is how I allways play, that doesnt fly as an argument, simply play and explain your reasoning or your be judged for it accordingly.
Osman
Osman
Townie
Osman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #102 (isolation #9) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:33 am

Post by Osman »

Its so frigging hilarious, I thought and still think somewhat, that how Blackadder backed down quickly after being questionned was suspicious, I'm new to this site, but even I know what OMIGUS is and thought Blackadders illogical way to say what is or isnt OMIGUS to be convenient reason to try find a target to vote for. that may been a noob mistake, but mainly specifically how quickly he backed down from it after being so sure.

But I may be mistaken, Netopalis who think made a good point in questionning him, seems to be eagerly all over the place, first anathemakei, then Blackadder and me, seems to quite quick in making up his mind of things.
Osman
Osman
Townie
Osman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #114 (isolation #10) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:56 pm

Post by Osman »

Umm, the guy who refuses to explain his reasons is voting me because? I'm not? When I have already?

And Netopalis says he suspected me for thinking the same as other do about Groupthink and doing it to fit in, when I was the first one to question Groupthinks gaurded ways. And when I think similar as him and think how Blackadder backed quickly was bit too fishy, he finds me even more suspicious for agreeing??? Someone but me that finds this bit odd?
Osman
Osman
Townie
Osman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #122 (isolation #11) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:48 am

Post by Osman »

Sorry same here, bit busy with exams last 2 days.

And Blackadder I get it, it just seemed bit odd.

And Robo, mainly frustration in that post. I know this game is run by paranoia, but its bit ridicolous to be so automatically called out for simple stuff like having similar suspects as they do themselves and so on. In particular Netopalis, Ellibereth hasnt even said why he is voting for me, just like he hasnt said why he said 2 people are townies off the bat, without any reasoning shared.
Osman
Osman
Townie
Osman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #135 (isolation #12) » Sat May 01, 2010 1:17 am

Post by Osman »

Only been defensive recently? Only time I voted was for Blackadder because I thought how quick he backed down after making little sense was suspicious. I would have voted for him regardless if someone else hadnt, but since the poster above had and said the reason, I said lazily I agree with the reasoning and voted, thought it would been redundant if I said the same thing word for word.

Can only go on hunches and minor suspicions, there barely been any basis to have a "real argument", alot of posters are being quiet or inactive. Or do you think you saying I'm only defensive is a real argument? Different from the reason I voted for Blackadder, or reasons others voted?
Osman
Osman
Townie
Osman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #156 (isolation #13) » Mon May 03, 2010 1:24 am

Post by Osman »

Robocopter87 wrote:Not that your opinion on who is town isn't good but.
Sometimes putting down your entire opinions down gives the scum a chance to keep the scummy people alive and kill the townie people. Its not always smart to state your
whole
mind. I'm not saying making a case is bad, just don't lay your mind out like a picture book. I don't want the scum to control you.

Osman has not yet answered my question.
I want it in his next post. please...
Or there will be...trouble[/joke]
But for now,
vote Osman
You fail to answer so this is what happens. If only this was a little more threatening. I mean, "Wow one vote, Im SO SCREWED" is going to be his reaction.
Wtf, what question do you mean? I been replying to whatever asked, but its been totally pointless, because everything I say is deemed defensive, if I suspect anyone its convenient, and if I dont its also deemed so for not sharing your thoughts.

While we have players who dont explain anything and just say things like "jump on the Osman wagon", or this or that is a townie, and refuse to explain. But they get off the hook because they are experienced players. Not to mention there are several who are semi-lurking and simply saying they dont have suspects, or ask others a question here or there, but say little themselves, keeping low profile etc.
Osman
Osman
Townie
Osman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #173 (isolation #14) » Mon May 03, 2010 12:15 pm

Post by Osman »

Robo, I didnt quote you (or Blackadder who I was addressing in sma epost), so that may be why you think I didnt answer, but when you asked that, I answered with this. Thought you already seen this (last post on last page).
Osman wrote:
And Robo, mainly frustration in that post. I know this game is run by paranoia, but its bit ridicolous to be so automatically called out for simple stuff like having similar suspects as they do themselves and so on. In particular Netopalis, Ellibereth hasnt even said why he is voting for me, just like he hasnt said why he said 2 people are townies off the bat, without any reasoning shared.
Osman
Osman
Townie
Osman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #176 (isolation #15) » Tue May 04, 2010 12:18 am

Post by Osman »

Devestation wrote:
Memnon wrote:Fair enough.

To everyone but especially GroupThink and Captain Blackadder: Do you suspect Osman at all right now? What are your opinions of his predicament?
I suspect Osman because he refuses to give a straight answer to the question "who do you suspect and why". If he just gave one in the first place, I wouldn't be voting for him.
I already said several times in different ways I find Ellibereth suspicious, he gets off by not explaining anything at all, because he is an experienced player or whatever, and he gets a free pass??? Doesnt get put on the spot at all despite SHADY and outright refusal to explain himself. Groupthinks initial reaction and way to shrug off questions seemed off to me too, but I'm not sure enough to vote for him.

Thought and think Blackadder might have misstepped in how he reacted to Netopalis, enough to put him on the hotspot. It felt like a defensive maneuver, to be sure of what he was saying, then is questionned and immediately backs down, feels like a tell.

In general not something to be defenite about with most players considering the activity so far, but several either lurking and saying they dont have suspects at all (Anametekei for example, but doesnt get questionned like me for it), or simply they ask other players to explain yourslef a brief question here or there, then say little else and not be questionned themselves in general. You fit in with the latter, either being genuinly proactive townie, but it feels like easy way for scum to be semi-proactive, to make a light question here or there against whoever is on the spot, enough to get off the hook themselves (I sense this with Ellibereth in particular).
Osman
Osman
Townie
Osman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #212 (isolation #16) » Fri May 07, 2010 12:49 am

Post by Osman »

I know what OMOGUS is, but in this case, what is Wifom?
Osman
Osman
Townie
Osman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #267 (isolation #17) » Sun May 09, 2010 8:42 pm

Post by Osman »

Captain Blackadder wrote:1 EliberethI have no idea on his playstyle in other games but he reminds me of a player in my other site. Anyway to remove this tangent I have no real strong read on him he is no certain townie in my eyes
but in no way is he up my list in terms of scum. So essentaily I am leaning towards town but only just.

2 Neto I have a strange feeling he is scum. He appears to be ticking all the townie boxes but something just seems to be off. He could be attempting to be a town leader mafioso.But on the other hand he could be a great townie so in my mind I would not lynch him at this point or even tommorow but I would have a very carefull look once we near endgame.

3 Myself no comment

4 Groupthink His defence of me could be scum trying to curry townies favour but apart from that no real read. Also his WIFOM response to his own question is suspicious but could just be a short and jocular response. Bonus points for anyone who gets the reference.
This is really interesting answers, you feel Ellibereth, who is annoyingly getting a total free pass by everyone except Groupthink, despite acting very suspicious and erratic (saying 2 peeps are townies, not explaining, saying 2 people are scum, NOT EXPLAINING again), is someone you lean on to be a townie? Why? I wouldnt necessarily be quick to say one or the other is townie too early, but even if we all have different takes, I'm still suprised anyone would be too sure about Ellibereth considering his behaviour.

And I dont know, but both your takes on Neto and Groupthink seems bit guarded and deflective, making sure to say no real read on both while at the same time semi pointing at them being scum. While you didnt even entertain the possibility for Ellibereth (Neto I would agree is hard to say about, but defenitely know which one between Groupthink and Ellibereth I find off).
Osman
Osman
Townie
Osman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #344 (isolation #18) » Sun May 16, 2010 2:01 am

Post by Osman »

I'm not sure which one I find more convenient, Neto's reaction to the NK, or Ellibereth who defines convenient comments which doesnt explain anything, by setting it up so that he makes it sure he includes Adder in a trio of 3 possible Scum (not explaining ones why), knowing full well that Adder isnt scum as he is himself, and is setting up two other townies as with that little list for the next day.

Though I have severe doubts Neto is just a townie and not a possible partner for Ellibereth. Not to sound too paranoid, but they are seriously NOT going after another in any way, despite Ellibereths consistently irrational behaviour for a townie, seem to be finding convenient ways like player styles to avoid eachother.

But I really like to hear anything from Anamethekei, seems to be going way under the radar and not taking part at all.
Osman
Osman
Townie
Osman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #351 (isolation #19) » Mon May 17, 2010 4:32 am

Post by Osman »

Um, hat do you mean exactlu? When I say convenient I mean in the sense of how someone would act to manipulate or evade suspicion. More or less looking for signs of what you asked, someone going for the convenient choice to fit in or make other suspicious.
Osman
Osman
Townie
Osman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #356 (isolation #20) » Mon May 17, 2010 7:51 pm

Post by Osman »

Aha ok, I dont mind if you think so, if you atleast explain. I explained why with Ellibereth (and yet again he is saying me without explaining, since the get-go, not explained zip), its not as easy with Neto, but the timing and comments about the NKs doesnt sound like what he usually has said so far.

But seriously, I have no idea when to prod someone, but Anathemakei needs to say anything. When was the last time?
Osman
Osman
Townie
Osman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #361 (isolation #21) » Tue May 18, 2010 1:21 pm

Post by Osman »

Might be more practical to vote Anathemakei to stop him from being super lurking mode. But right now intrigued about this case Neto has, especially since he totally avoids Ellibereths behaviour and in general just dodges him, but has no problem saying he has case against Group and Robo (the former I dont find suspicious, Robo is though with his aggressive ways). To analyze it with some paranoia, sounds like going for easier targets (depending on his history with Ellibereth, and not being someone tos scapegoat).

But either way,
voting Netopalis
for now, lets see what he has to say.
Osman
Osman
Townie
Osman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #365 (isolation #22) » Tue May 18, 2010 1:53 pm

Post by Osman »

Whataheck does bussing mean? Oooh, sorry, I had a question to you, that would actually entail you answering or generally explaining ANYTHING you say, heh.
Osman
Osman
Townie
Osman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #415 (isolation #23) » Sat May 22, 2010 11:26 am

Post by Osman »

You have my deepest sympathies and condolences Zachrules, sorry to hear that.

I will read read the last pages soon, been crazy busy, but after skimmign quickly, its good to see some "progress" since my last post. Been way too dead around here earlier (anathemakei still awol).
Osman
Osman
Townie
Osman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #422 (isolation #24) » Tue May 25, 2010 12:13 am

Post by Osman »

Sorry for my absense. This claim I find interesting, not because I can really gauge if its genuine or not, but what I find off is any scum really thinking Ellibereth is cop or doctor or such, the guy has been acting the opposite of that, so unless he is scum and is double playing us, I seriously find the thinking of the scum odd in roleblocking Ellibereth. Doesnt just make sense for the reason of why they would think its him.
Osman
Osman
Townie
Osman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #427 (isolation #25) » Tue May 25, 2010 2:36 pm

Post by Osman »

Robocopter87 wrote:
vote Osman

He basically just claimed scum.
If its really neccesary i'll explain my reasons but its pretty darn obvious.

Now I just need to find his partner.
Vote Robocopter87

He basically just claimed scum.
If its really neccesary i'll explain my reasons but its pretty darn obvious.

Now I just need to find his partner.

Thats what I think about your above post, utterly convenient BS. You have gotten away with being overly aggressive and not being suspected whatsoever in any way (except Netopalis).
Osman
Osman
Townie
Osman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #438 (isolation #26) » Wed May 26, 2010 8:35 pm

Post by Osman »

Vote me if you like, and I know my vote for Robo would be perceived as OMOGUS (was considering to change from Neto anyways, I just deliberately wrote it like that to mock Robo's obvious style), but the guy has been way too aggressive and been getting away with it all this time, and he is being aggressive with flimsy and non conclusive reasoning too (like me above, he doesnt explain why either, "not yet"). He kept saying wagon me, went after Neto because he was "awol" and so on and on with weak reasoning. First I let it go as someone who is testing people to get things going. But in general after all this time defenitely see overly convenient pattern with him, just to go for someone no matter what. I thought I was alone in thinking that, but Neto put it well with his big post (except less sure on the Group link between them).

And sorry, but I'm not denying Ellibereths claim perse, but I dont see the reasoning for why he would be blocked. People think differently, but if I was reading this game, regardless of role, my first or strongest hunch for cop wouldnt be Ellibereth, seems random the scum would think he is and block him. Apparently I'm being punished for sharing this thought?

And you, new guy, you just replaced one of the most nonsaying players ever. Are you another experienced player around here? I hope not too much, as in having past experience with the players here, because IMO it influences too much of things already, with Ellibereth, Neto and Robo effecting eachother in that way. Especially the first two.
Osman
Osman
Townie
Osman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #443 (isolation #27) » Thu May 27, 2010 6:22 am

Post by Osman »

Good post in overall, in 1 post you contributed more then anathemakei did in overall.

And when he said he was cop I re-read the thread to see any indications, plus my overall impression of him, and I really dont see any real tells that would make them think he is likely to be, or they would guess on him most likely in case he is. It seems bit convenient. Ellibereth has been acting the opposite. I would gather PRs being more guarded etc.

Regarding punishment, I meant in the sense it seems one encourages to share own thoughts, but simply for trying to make sense of why Ellibereth would be the one blocked and in overall considering the possibilies, and Robo jumps up and says I'm scum for it, and you join him. Seemed bit random. Atleast you explained yourslef a bit, Robo has been since the get go overly aggressive and really giving little to no reasoning for most of his actions.

And regarding you, you are new to this site, or experienced? I asked if you had prior experience with the more veteran players here, because Ellibereht addressed you like he knew your style.
Osman
Osman
Townie
Osman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #444 (isolation #28) » Thu May 27, 2010 6:28 am

Post by Osman »

Just saw your post GroupThink, real good post, especially the part with Devestation, the conclusions he makes doesnt really make sense as such.
Osman
Osman
Townie
Osman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #446 (isolation #29) » Thu May 27, 2010 8:31 am

Post by Osman »

Hehe, I like long posts (and my habit in general, though not for Mafia games).
Osman
Osman
Townie
Osman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #639 (isolation #30) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:03 am

Post by Osman »

Hehehe, well done on pulling a Keyzer Zöze on them Ellibereth :twisted: Was fun reading the last 2 days.

And regarding me, sucks but was pretty hung up on a last minute trip that whole week. Either way, interesting to have observed and learned the level and ways to approach things in tis game. Only thing that bothers me is how long the game takes, like 10 times longer then I'm usually accostumed to. Not sure if I can get used to it.
Osman
Osman
Townie
Osman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #649 (isolation #31) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:37 am

Post by Osman »

What does Lylo mean?
Robocopter87 wrote:WoWS!
I really think Osman could've done a tad bit better job. But I think he justs needs to get the hang of this.

This was a fun game! I liked it!
I need to find a game which takes less time, I'm not as focused and into it as much when its soooooo much dead time in this way (I'm used to games taking 4-5 days, lol, speedy games compared to almost month long).

But yeah, this taught me some basics atleast.
Osman
Osman
Townie
Osman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #652 (isolation #32) » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:39 am

Post by Osman »

Despite the new crowd/site and all, IMO its quite easier to be town then scum. Shouldnt be too hard to be non scummy when you dont have the pressure of being conniving/manipulative, but can work with just reasoning and analyzing things for what they are. The reverse of being scum and acting accordingly to it is bit more strenous.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”