Newbie 981 ~ Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:59 pm

Post by julienvonwolfe »

Howdy all! IC here. I'll make a bigger post when day one starts.

/confirm
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (isolation #1) » Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:15 pm

Post by julienvonwolfe »

Hi all. I won't do a big intro-style IC post. There's been tonnes of them on other games if you want to go take a look - just load up the first few pages of other newbie games. Common traps for young players include use of jargon on this site - WIFOM stands for "Wine in Front of Me", from the Princess Bride. It refers to a kind of argument or thought process that can basically be summed up as "but maybe that's what you/they/scum want me to think!" It might sound unclear now, but as the game unfolds it should become clear. Bandwagoning has already been mentioned but is the phenomenon of many players all voting for one player, sometimes quite quickly, for similar reasons. It's generally seen as a bad thing because scum can use this to their advantage by not having to give as thorough reasoning as they otherwise might. Do ask questions if you have anything you are unsure about, though do this in thread rather than via PMs (this happened once). Also, it's a good idea to unvote if you want to change your vote, as this will help the players and the mod keep track of your intentions.
drmyshottyizsik wrote:yep thats how its pronounced. i was a halo semi pro so it used to be dr. my br iz sik. anyway i was thinking it julienvonwolf, cuz he's being all quite
What were you thinking about me, especially? And why do you pick me out in particular - is it because I'm an IC? (I'm sorry I've been 'quite', as you term it - I had internet problems yesterday. Should be all fixed now.)

As a first vote drmyetc sounds like a good person to vote for - the scattiness of his picking me out in the first post (I'm assuming he was suspicious of me for being quiet, though maybe he just wanted an IC style intro?) and then switching his attention to the wagoned player is interesting.

VOTE: drmyshottyizsik

@ Knight: Does the threat of a wagon on Andrius make you that anxious?

@ Andrius: hi!

1) Yes, though I don't feel like elaborating because it'll take ages. I haven't kept track of my games, really, though I joined the site in 2008 and even tried to keep a wiki for my first few games.
2) I like cop.
3) I hate cop.
4) I generally enjoy playing as town more than anything else, though my first two wins were as scum.
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (isolation #2) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:48 pm

Post by julienvonwolfe »

Hi guys, this is an "I'm still alive" post and a note to myself. I'll plan to re-read with (a) an analysis of Dr. "Anyone else play Halo?"'s posts, and (b) an analysis of people who voted for him, as I always do when we lynch scum. I actually had one or two scummy reads yesterday that I was going to post, but then night fell before I got a chance! I'll also check up on those to see if they're still relevant given their interactions with Dr. whatsisface.

I will comment on willow's latest post: I think I know what she's(?) up to, and I'm curious to see what comes of it, though I'm not sure it's such a good reason as she thinks it is.
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (isolation #3) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:49 am

Post by julienvonwolfe »

Prod received. Sorry, uni just started again and I'm feeling kind of eh about it all. Post shortly
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (isolation #4) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:22 am

Post by julienvonwolfe »

Okay, this is a wall of text re-read/catchup with new stuff. I note people are calling me out on inactivity; I can't say that my posting will improve. If this isn't good enough, I will happily replace out, though in saying that I've never actually done this before and I'm not eager to start now. To reduce the wall-of-text-ness I have used post numbers instead of quotes.
IC mode: A trick for those of you not familiar with it is to simply replace the little number at the end of the URL for the thread with the number of the post and then press enter, and you will jump straight to the post. Easiest to do this in a new window.

Anyway:

Posts that are of interest in relation to drmyshottyizsik, our lynched scum, most worthwhile posts marked with !!! since there's a lot to sort through in this category:

20: KnightofZero 'random'-lynches him first off; notable only since scum sometimes like to vote each other in the RVS as a means of distancing. More notable in the context of this game as being the vote that kickstarted the lynch, given the shortness of Day One; even so I don't think it could reasonably reflect on alignment either way as there's no townie points for RVSing a scumbuddy.

47: Andrius joins the wagon, accusing of being scared to vote for Tangion?

48: I vote for our good doctor as well.

53: Tangion unvotes in order to 'find out more info', though makes no attempt to find such info. Huh. Unfortunately this alone only points to newbie of some description in my mind. Could be nervousness about drmy being at L-2.

66: !!! Mothrax givies drmy an FOS. This is something I view as scummy nervousness; wanting to be on the wagon but not actually wanting to
lynch

72: Drmy tries to shift attention to willows. Based on 81 I'm inclined to give townie points to willows.

74: heh.

76: mothrax jumps on the wagon after what any sane person must view as a disastrous couple of posts from drmy. After the weak FOS I'm calling this scummy.

77, 79: Andrius gives no reaction to the drmy wagon. Eh? It's at L-1 now, right?

84: Mothrax jumps off the drmy wagon as well after willows shows an inclination to lynch. *grin*

97: :eek: Mothrax,
again
:
Lol @andybibwasnt really pointing fingers at you in particular. Just an observation. Also, I'm pretty down with your logic, though you are still on my weak fos list. Main reason I think drmyblahblah is scum: sat at l-1 for a while with no hammer hitting. That or the two scum were already on the bandwagon. And so: UNVOTE: VOTE: drmyshottyizsil
Um, really? False dilemma: though drmy did turn out to be scum, scum might choose to not hammer a townie simply because they don't want to be seen as blood-thirsty, particularly if the hammer might be seen as a quicklynch (like this one would have). So, weak reasoning overall. Andrius points this out along slightly similar lines in 100.

104: !!! Tangion defends drmy!

Posts that are of interest in relation to ChosenSoul, our dead townie:

32: willows RVSes chosen. Joke vote, of mild interest nevertheless.

119: lol at the way he gives drmy a whole hour to log on and defend himself/claim before hammering. Guess scum thought this guy would be seen as lucky town for the way he pulled this off. Either that or they divined some doc-tell but I certainly didn't see it reading through just now.

Other posts that interest me:

36: Andrius "I'm not usually this chipper" - reminds me of my theory that scum due to the very nature of the game must play differently than they do as town. I'm going to ask for some meta of Andrius' past games on this one so I can make up an opinion. Bear in mind I never lynch on meta alone as that is silly - particularly since Andrius shows awareness of his own meta here - but something I'll keep in mind. More relevant to actually playing mafia is this:
1) Voting the first person who voted is interesting, but seeing as I'm the most constant poster its not particularly a scumtell.
2) An OMGUS vote on me. Hm. (OhMyGodYouSuck)
1) Is an odd defense of something that I think shouldn't have needed a defense in the first place.
Somebody
has to vote first, right? Also, 'being the most constant poster' has next to nothing to do with being the first to vote; I could have voted first if I had been online, and I daresay (somewhat apologetically) that I'm probably the least constant poster.
2) This seems to imply that Andrius sees something worthy of comment in the OMGUS reasoning displayed by Tangion, but for whatever reason doesn't bother to expand. The implication here is that it is scummy! But given the context I have to disagree; the disingenuous argument displayed here weakens my opinion of Andrius' towniness.

71: KnightofZero replies that he is concerned that scum might hop on the wagons, for the reasons I listed, and that he's really not worried about the idea of an Andrius wagon. My original line of enquiry was to try to sort out if there could be a scumpair between Knight and Andrius but we know that's impossible now.

98: Andrius again, "Don't rule anyone out as scum just because they seem town." While I understand the context it's presented in, this is pretty odd advice as well once you think about it.

145: Mothrax, in direct reply: Interesting way of reading Andrius telling drmy's not to reveal his scumbuddy; I simply took it at face value, myself. Why did you address this to me rather than Andrius?

150: Tangion gives up, it seems; this could be in part due to the death of his hypothetical scumbuddy? Or an opportunity for AtE?

180: Woah! From Andrius:
Let me put it to you this way: dropping your scumbuddy D1 is a horrible move. Period. Especially with a Doc/Cop or both running around; its always a bad move for scum to actively campaign to get their buddies lynched.
So he's removing himself from suspicion then?

220: In reply to mothrax, you say I'm scummy for "completely [glossing] over the whole "oops wrong name" fiasco". Why is this scummy? I viewed that as a genuine accident not worthy of comment. Also, you seem to be accusing me of a clumsy bus, I assume, since I apparently copied Andrius' reasoning. I didn't do anything of the sort, I hope people reading this will note (though I will admit my vote was pretty weak). The posts in question are 47 and 48. The kicker here is that mothrax is calling me scummy for
not
copying Andrius in calling drmy scummy for the 'wrong name fiasco' - which WAS Andrius' reasoning! So, wait, what? :shifty:
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (isolation #5) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:45 am

Post by julienvonwolfe »

And vote time: I agree with the Tangion pressure. Questionable interactions with drmy, giving up are the big issues for me with Tangion. Since you guys have been enterprising and got a claim out of him, I guess we can choose whether or not to believe it or not. That's really all it comes down to at this point; a VT claim (I'm assuming he's not claiming cop, though 'town' is a trifle vague) isn't a reason to back down.

I also think Andrius deserves pressure for the reasons I've given. I'll repeat my point about wanting to see some meta, in case it got lost in the wall.

Mothrax, finally, is bugging me. Possibly this is simply because he's targeted me personally whereas Tangion hasn't really. Basic psychology, fight or flight reflex, etc. Hmmm. I think he's equal to Tangion in scumminess if not greater if one looks at his hopping on and off the drmy wagon.

I feel kind of involved in this game now and I'd actually like to play rather than see a hammer soon. However, I can also roll with a Tangion lynch, with Mothrax second. Consider this a vote on him; however, an 'unofficial' one, for two reasons: I want jntp to vote in his next post, either for Tangion or against, with some reasoning, just so we get something concrete from him. Secondly, there's stuff in my post deserving of reply that I don't want to see languish in unspoken limbo if we go quickly into night.
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (isolation #6) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:21 am

Post by julienvonwolfe »

I said that your vote on Chosen was interesting simply because Chosen was town; voting town is bad, etc. Later developments make me view you in a much more townie light - but that wall of text was just a stream of thoughts, which is why it was left in there.
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (isolation #7) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:22 am

Post by julienvonwolfe »

No need for a prod. I guess that's jntp's reply then. Right. I'll need to consider what this means for my plan for voting that I outlined previously.

I'll type up a better post tomorrow - I'm drunk but it's the weekend now!
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (isolation #8) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:18 am

Post by julienvonwolfe »

willows_weep wrote:I'm just confused. Is it just because Chosen is the only one that's confirmed town?
Hm, even still, I don't know how that seems scummy as town don't know who else is town.... Lol, perhaps I'm confused because I'm thinking from the point of view where I am a confirmed townie because well, I know my role.

I guess I don't see how that is interesting enough to be worth mentioning and thinking it was potentially scummy to require you to have really thought about it and have had to go through a thought process that reduced my suspiciousness over time.
It's very simple; voting mafia is optimum, voting town is not. You voted town, which is antitown, which is why I mentioned it. It's a minor point, which is why when the rest of your play - which I regard as pro-town - is taken into account, I have a favourable view of you. I'm not sure why you think that coming to a good opinion of somebody is strange, but to each his (her?) own.
mothrax wrote:
julienvonwolfe wrote:"72: Drmy tries to shift attention to willows. Based on 81 I'm inclined to give townie points to willows.
76: mothrax jumps on the wagon after what any sane person must view as a disastrous couple of posts from drmy. After the weak FOS I'm calling this scummy.
84: Mothrax jumps off the drmy wagon as well after willows shows an inclination to lynch. *grin*
This whole thing was because I was interested in lynching doc, but I also wanted to wait untill there was more information from him and other players. At the time, I still had a pretty strong scumread on Andrius, and arent we supposed to vote for the player we feel is the mose scummy? Untill Docs slip-up I did feel Andrius was more scummy than Doc, now however I don't. As for 84, I wasn't ready to quicklynch, as I pointed out in that post. I wanted to give doc more of a chance to explain himself.
I just get this feeling that you're squirming. You did vote for Doc again eventually but it doesn't mesh with what you say here; he didn't post in between the unvote in 84 and your vote for him in 97, so you hardly let him explain himself, did you?
mothrax wrote:Also, in response to your question regarding 220
mothrax wrote:Andy votes doc, immediately following slip up, partial omgus, partial "holy scumslip batman" possible partial "im going to vote you asap so as to alienate myself from the mess that is about to hit you.
Wulf votes doc (l-2) (
andy's reasoning minus the omgus
refers to this:partial omgus, partial "holy scumslip batman" possible partial "im going to vote you asap so as to alienate myself from the mess that is about to hit you.
) then dissapears untill d-2
Um, really? Interesting way to use language. I don't know why you insist on reading more into my vote than there is, though, since I was quite clear with my reasoning in that post. It wasn't strong, but it was good for a 'just coming out of RVS' vote, I think.

@ Andrius: Thanks for the meta, I'll go through it. To be honest I'm currently more interested in Tangion and Mothrax as possible scum, atm; I appreciate your replies.

@ Music: I study composition at university. I'm sick of it, but I play piano and organ, am learning guitar, and am about to give a recital of Baroque keyboard music next weekend. If that helps you get to know me!

@ About jntp: ugh. :evil:
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (isolation #9) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by julienvonwolfe »

Don't hammer until we get another post from jntp - preferably one with some substance, though one saying 'sorry guys I'm replacing out' would do as well.
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (isolation #10) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by julienvonwolfe »

Andrius wrote:Alright. Adrien is town. Moving along.
Hmmm... that leaves mothrax, jntp, and the IC...
FoS: Julienvonwolfe
Your lack of being dead is very disturbing...
And why does Adrien's vote on you prove he's town?

As for my lack of dead being disturbing - WIFOM. I guess scum thought Willows was a bigger threat than me, possibly because of her greater activity, older join date or (though it deflates my ego) skill?

I'm on V/LA with my baroque recital that I mentioned in a previous post being tomorrow, so I'm just getting ready for that. I'll post tomorrow evening, probably.
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (isolation #11) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:45 pm

Post by julienvonwolfe »

Back from V/LA! Recital went well, thanks for asking, etc. Reading
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (isolation #12) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:49 pm

Post by julienvonwolfe »

Okay, Andrius has claimed cop, and there are no counterclaims. So that gives us this following list:

jntp ~
mothrax ~
Adrien C ~ cleared by Andrius
Andrius (SE) ~ cop
julienvonwolfe (IC) ~

Obviously, from my own point of view that leaves the last scum as one of jntp and mothrax. Andrius, I'm guessing you haven't investigated either jntp, mothrax or I, since you haven't made any mention of it?

I have re-thought my views on mothrax; my criticisms of him have previously been things like logic, and I think that my opinion of him might have been clouded by the effect of going into a bit of a 1-on-1 scrap with somebody. The effect of my break from the game has been to allow me to come back with a completely clear head and now I view him more as a conscientious townie, one of the few in this game who seems to really be trying hard. (Yeah, I know. Sorry... :( ) Now, of course, there's the flopping on and off the scum wagon day one, but there are two sides to every coin and it is possible that he was just trying to be as sure as possible; quite a common thing for new players to do, I think.

All told that leaves only one possible place for my vote today: our serially useless player, jntp. I don't even think we need a claim, as he's obviously not doc, he hasn't counter-claimed cop, and he's not exactly going to claim scum!

So, L-1.

VOTE: jntp
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (isolation #13) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:02 pm

Post by julienvonwolfe »

Yes, I have realised that I didn't think things through completely - see my second paragraph. In a sense, though, I didn't consider there to be much need for discussion, given the ease of my process of elimination. I try not to muck around too much when playing mafia, especially when we're dealing with players like jntp. In my experience, it's too easy to fall into the newbie vs. scum trap and then excuse behaviour that shouldn't be excused.

However, my process of elimination is not 100%, as it hinges upon Andrius' cop claim, and I have since realised he could be a mafia goon who knows there's not a cop in the set-up. Things that cast doubt on his claim in my eyes are the fact that he hasn't revealed who he investigated night 1 and why (so far as I can tell, anyway), despite my sort of poking him about previous investigations in my last post. Also, the shifty way in which he carried out the claim - sort of almost trying to softclaim in an outrageously obvious way, meant to avoid discussion of it. We need to get this sorted out today, but I'm going to leave jntp at L-1 for now as I don't think he's in any danger of a quicklynch as town or scum.
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (isolation #14) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:13 pm

Post by julienvonwolfe »

We have a dead roleblocker?
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (isolation #15) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:50 pm

Post by julienvonwolfe »

Okay, post time. Uni's picking back up now, sorry guys. I don't really want to replace out either, though, since I think we're close.

@ Adrien - I don't see any logical way for you to be anything other than town. I don't understand your play, though. You don't want to end the day, fair enough, but you're not contributing anything other than 'come on guys!'

@ Andrius - If I accept you're the cop, can you explain why you haven't targeted me despite being outwardly leery of my still being alive even though I'm IC?

@ jntp:
Also, it's pretty funny and suspicious how you (who also has been inactive) would suddenly join mothrax and vote me.....that's quite scummy because (obviously, a scum knows the roles of the players) and may quickly jump in with someone who accused a townie so there will be fewer townies, making it easier for the scum to win!
Essentially, if I understand you, you're calling me scummy for changing my mind about mothrax and for believing Andrius' cop claim, for now? It's simple: if I believe all of those things, then you're the last scum.

IC Mode: However, you can scum-hunt (or pretend to if you're scum). Scum-hunting isn't something that can only be done by a particular role but by all townies, and refers to the process of finding scum through discussion in-thread.
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (isolation #16) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:34 am

Post by julienvonwolfe »

jntp, are you assuming Mothrax to be town? Why?
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (isolation #17) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:45 pm

Post by julienvonwolfe »

Okay, I think jntp is desperate wriggling scum. Put yourselves in his shoes: if he believes (or decides not to discredit) the cop claim, then logically only Mothrax and I would be left as viable targets. I think I can predict his strategy: If you lynched either of us today he would say, 'whoops, must have been the other one' in lylo. He's covering his bases and this is the only way he can see to do it. Note how he hasn't given a preferred candidate for lynching.

His case on mothrax is horrible, by the way, and his case on me seemingly consists of accusing me of trying to orchestrate a quicklynch, essentially, I think. To answer his question, I am not trying to quicklynch. (IC MODE: that's not how quicklynching works - you aim for a hammer, not L-1. Trust me, I've done that as scum before and won.) I've stated my logic for thinking him scum several times; it is simple process-of-elimination. I did vote too quickly as I should've considered the cop-claim more carefully, but I stand by my vote now.

Regarding Andrius' cop claim: it seems to stand up to scrutiny, and we have a 95% confirmed townie out of it - the only possible scenarios for Adrien being scum is if Andrius is a townie who has fake-claimed for some bizarre reason, or if he is cop with a guilty investigation playing games. I don't think an SE would do either.
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (isolation #18) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:07 am

Post by julienvonwolfe »

I've made my feelings regarding mothrax and jntp abundantly clear, I feel, and at this point going back and forth going 'which one is newb and which one is scum?' won't do us any favours, since the gut read tends to be best (at least, in my experience). Logic helps but when people don't know the theory of mafia games it's difficult to hold them to it.

So yes, over to you, Andrius; I'm not going to make your decision for you.
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (isolation #19) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:32 am

Post by julienvonwolfe »

You guys sure like to leave things late. It's Thursday my time already and the mod's deadline counter is wrong. I *will* hammer mothrax at deadline if necessary but I'd much rather lynch jntp.
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (isolation #20) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:28 am

Post by julienvonwolfe »

Heh, wow. I've never been in a lylo quite like this one before. I think Andrius has done an admirable frame-up job; obviously Adrien is town since he hasn't hammered, which lays all my crazy side-theories to rest. Unfortunately, it's Monday morning for me at the moment and I need to get to class, but be assured I'll post tonight with an analysis of Andrius' play.
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (isolation #21) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:03 pm

Post by julienvonwolfe »

This has been a weird case to write. Normally you're not sure that somebody's scum and are merely proposing a theory. However, here I'm having to write a case with the knowledge that this guy is scum and it's weird because not all the language translates well from the one form into the other, especially as I'm having to present it to somebody as yet unconvinced that Andrius is 100% scum.

1. Cop Claim:

Most of Andrius' approach to the late game revolves around his cop claim on Day 3. Obviously, there is no proof that he is the cop as there is no dead roleblocker, and we have not even a flip from a person he's investigated. He's managed to clear you, Adrien, but without proving himself. As a kind of pithy response to Andrius' line about ICs living past day three: if a claimed cop is still alive when there's no doc, he's probably scum. Hey, it makes just as much sense. :cop:

Take a look at this post from yesterday:
Andrius wrote: 1. Take a leap of faith with me. I'm an SE who's been purposefully playing somewhat badly (as I told Adrien) so I'd be kept alive this far.
2. Even if I were scum, Adrien is still confirmed town.
3. I played scummily for a reason. You have to play somewhat badly when you're an important role. Otherwise the mafia will kill you. In larger games you can't play too well or risk the mafia killing you, but if you play too badly the Vig will get you, so.
We see here twice that he played 'scummily' on purpose: or is the cop claim just a convenient cover?
(IC MODE: Also, I actually disagree that you have to play somewhat badly with an important role; instead, play town so that the town doesn't lynch you or accidentally force the role out of you, and you're more likely to draw doc investigations at night. Should've said that yesterday.)

Going further back, we see his true plan revealed in this post (and others like it). So, despite his protestations that mothrax was his scum-read, with this post and his 'ICs should be dead early on" line he's keeping me ready to try and lynch:
Andrius wrote:
jntp wrote:everyone is a suspect here....... lol
Nope. Just you mothrax and julienvonwolfe. :)
If we lynch them randomly we have a 66% chance of winning.
Further quixotic elements of Andrius' cop claim include the whole roleblocker thing, which we have only his word for, his godawful 'breadcrumb'/reveal/not-reveal, and his idiosyncratic choice of targets. There's not much to say about these though, other than to point them out, remark that they're odd, and to let you ruminate.

I'm a big fan of, in cases, explaining why something is scummy. Obviously this is different as I'm writing about somebody that I know to definitely be scum, so, again, it's difficult; I'll point out, however, that the town has not benefited in any way from Andrius' claim, and indeed it led to the jntp lynch yesterday.

2. Bussing of Dr. Mynameistoolongsik

Basically, as far as I can make it out, it goes "Gosh, better distance from this guy." Then, to gauge the town's reaction, "Did anybody else see that?" (directed to me, below). After frantic apologies from the good doctor, "calm down, and we'll try to lynch somebody else." Then, of course, "Halo." Finally, "okay, dammit, this is the only way. Claim!" Read the relevant posts that I extracted from day one and see whether or not you agree.
Andrius wrote:
Dr. really long name wrote: Wait sorry!!! i typed wrong name!!!
VOTE: Andrius
I'm a tad concerned this could be a big scum slip. Like, this could be a big issue here.
Vote: Dr.myshottyissik

Why are you voting me?
Andrius wrote:@ julien: Hi back! :D

*snip*

Oh and, did you see what Dr did when voting?
drmyshottyizsik wrote:Andrius i'm sorry i kinda jumped on the band waggon and asumed you were scum. Sorry
Andrius wrote:
Dr. wrote: Andrius i'm sorry i kinda jumped on the band waggon and asumed you were scum. Sorry
Slow down a bit. We don't need a quicklynch this early.
Needless to say, I'm still voting for you because that could have been a massive scum slip.
drmyshottyizsik wrote:Does anyone here play Halo?
Andrius wrote:Ok I'm back what'd I miss?

Halo? Only played it twice. Didn't really impress me. :|
Andrius wrote:Good. Don't rule anyone out as scum just because they seem town. I learned that from experience, after the two most townie players flipped mafia in my first game. :(

Ok. drmyshottyizsik, please claim your role when you post next.
I'm going to assume that willows would be willing to hammer, after her "huge fos".
The main scummy feature in this that should make you agree that it's bussing is that there's not much between the 'we dont need a quicklynch' and the 'please claim' - only the 'halo' and Willows making the same point that Andrius did in his original vote. Thus, the case actually did not progress at all, yet Andrius saw fit to push on with the lynch; this should suggest that he saw it as important to be seen to drive the lynch, in order to derive maximum benefit from the bussing.

Oh, also this gem... lol
Andrius wrote:
DO NOT REVEAL YOUR SCUMBUDDY.

You can and will be modkilled and/or worse if you do that.
(It is common sense, but still. People do it semi-often.)

Okay, those are the main points. Other things to note are his eagerness to lynch Tangion (see 189) and, probably as a reaction to the backlash that followed that, his extreme reticence in lynching jntp; no doubt he was hoping that Adrien would hammer rather than have to be instrumental on another townie lynch. Also, although he's made many, many posts he doesn't have much actual content (see the 'halo' affair again). Even big vote count analysis in his iso 77 isn't actually analysis but a presentation of information from which he draws conclusions without adequate explanation. And... hmm, oh yeah, his recent meltdown under pressure. I reckon that's a pretty good case, but then, you don't have the benefit of sitting in my shoes.

Final note: I'm pretty sure that I
did
vote Dr. Shotty, contrary to Andrius said in rant mode. I'll also own up to 'voting' for Tangion, even though I didn't in the end: I made my intent clear at the time and supported the lynch. Also, I didn't post much in Day One, it's true, but then again it was a very short day thanks to ChosenSoul's quick hammer.
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (isolation #22) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:03 pm

Post by julienvonwolfe »

Ack, and: VOTE: Andrius
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (isolation #23) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:53 am

Post by julienvonwolfe »

There are a few things in Andrius' post that I want to comment on:
Andrius wrote:
I'll point out, however, that the town has not benefited in any way from Andrius' claim, and indeed it led to the jntp lynch yesterday.
Ummm, yeah it did. Adrien C is town. You are scum. Game is ours if C votes you. The game is won C plays follow-the-cop with me. My role has won the game for us, we jusst need to lynch you.
:roll:
Andrius wrote:
The main scummy feature in this that should make you agree that it's bussing is that there's not much between the 'we dont need a quicklynch' and the 'please claim' - only the 'halo' and Willows making the same point that Andrius did in his original vote. Thus, the case actually did not progress at all, yet Andrius saw fit to push on with the lynch; this should suggest that he saw it as important to be seen to drive the lynch, in order to derive maximum benefit from the bussing.
And you thought it best to hide for the rest of D1. Call it V/LA call it "life" you were blatantly coasting and avoiding his lynch.
ISO 1: You vote Dr-shotty and avoid helping the town without a IC-post.
ISO 2: "Hi I'm here don't replace me."
ISO 3: "Responded to prod."
ISO 4: Day Two. Coasted right by D1. Let Tangion get hit as the scumbuddy, and is now free of the deadweight-partner.

*snip*

You know lynch all lurkers? Yeah. That's a real good policy. It would win this game for sure.
1) You're dodging entirely my argument that you were bussing with... I don't even know what your point is, really. I will reiterate my point about the shortness of day one and Chosen's quickhammer. I think my activity's been fairly constant throughout the whole game. I don't know why you've been so hung up on the lack of an IC style post. If it's such a big deal why didn't you mention it before or take my advice in the first post and look at any of the other billions of IC style posts that have already been made, if you needed it?

2) Also, you've suddenly started whinging about my activity, when you haven't before - were you planning to leave it until the last minute and then use it as part of the case to try and lynch me? As I said before, I think I've been pretty consistent.
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (isolation #24) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:23 pm

Post by julienvonwolfe »

Yeah, we were pretty lucky to win in some ways, killing the doc night one and also blocking the cop. Sorry for like, being a lying bastard and all :)
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (isolation #25) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:28 pm

Post by julienvonwolfe »

Lurking was deliberate. You guys let me get away with it, so I did so quite cheerfully.
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (isolation #26) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:37 pm

Post by julienvonwolfe »

I killed ChosenSoul because I thought the way he hammered made him obvtown, and so needed to get rid of him.

I still don't actually see what was so bad about Dr.'s error on page two - it was the way he reacted to pressure on him about it that made things go bad for him, I guess. I wasn't planning on bussing him and I really did want to post again before Chosen's hammer. But oh well.

Thanks for modding, Kitty and Nikanor.
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (isolation #27) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:47 am

Post by julienvonwolfe »

Yes, but that would've been boring and I wanted to have a little fun with Andrius. Also, you had previously expressed suspicion of me and so I was a bit leery of you.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”