Newbie 1011 :Day Four:

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:44 am

Post by Kalofer »

/confirmationatoristication (I confirm)
Praemonitus, Praemunitus.

Trying to perfect the art of not giving a ****
Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (isolation #1) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:08 pm

Post by Kalofer »

VOTE: nachomamma8
smoking is bad for you. I may have a gas mask, but what about all the other passive smokers in this game, there's a moose over here for crying out loud. You sir, are an enemy of nature and humanity.
conclusion: you are polluting this game.

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (isolation #2) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:26 am

Post by Kalofer »

What if he was having fun while working? And what does it matter anyway?

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (isolation #3) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:32 pm

Post by Kalofer »

I just wanted to ask if you had something in mind with that question.
As to what you said about being 100% sure you found scum I regarded that as a wild goose chase. Firstly, in this game you can NEVER be 100% sure about anything...NEVER!
Secondly I think it's too early and we have not seen enough from the person in question to be suspicious of him enough and consequently to lynch him.

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (isolation #4) » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:29 pm

Post by Kalofer »

I have been lurking too, yet no one has mentioned me :( . The reason for that however is that I have been busy (fun-wise moose) for which I am sorry (I'm usually a more active player. After quickly reading I have come to the conclusion that moose is town, he seems to be very pro discussion and is an active player, I doubt scum would play like him. Furthermore I find it more probable that he did the "I am 100% sure thing he's scum" to get a discussion going, it is quite a common way to get out of RVS.
As for IaN, I can't really decide whether he's being newb town or newb scum.
I would also like to say that in my opinion you do not have a good case against NAcho and should not be voting for him. He hasn't exactly "lurked", he blatantly hasn't posted and I don't think that's a scum tell especially not now. You don't know what's going on in his life so I don't think it would be fair lynching him and if your votes are for pressure, then there isn't much of a reason since he hasn't posted anything. What's scummier in my opinion is when you stay low under the radar I.E. don't frequently post and don't post anything useful.

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (isolation #5) » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Post by Kalofer »

moose200x wrote:
Neruz wrote:
moose200x wrote:You do realize that's L-1 right?
Yes, i do. We're at 9p with 2 scum though, so we don't hit lylo until 5p, which means we have at least 2 free lynches, so if someone quickhammers you that's handy information at this point.

Anyone else find this kinda scummy?
I didn't find this scummy by itself but I did find it scummy after this:
Neruz wrote:Not yet. There's no reason to hammer right now when there is still some discussion to be done and the deadline is so far away.
You just said it would be beneficial to town if moose is hammered but when asked if you yourself would do it you backed down. Contradictions are scummy and I have the feeling you are scum trying to appear town.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Neruz

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (isolation #6) » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:08 am

Post by Kalofer »

Jamshazam why have you been lurking all this time, posting relatively little and suddnely come out of nowhere with a small post voting for Moose with a weak argument to support it? (smar is a she by the way)
In other news, I still hold to the believe that moose is town, IaN is becoming more and more suspicious to me due to lack of common sense (sorry for the insult) which makes me believe that he is either a really really big newb or playing dumb (which I find more probable).
Neruz, I believe, is more a scumhunter than he is scum though what I still see as a contradiction and his latching onto and fervent chase of moose seems suspicious to me.
Nepsy I believe is being pro-town which I gathered from her latest post and for now I have a null-tell on smargaret.
MWiA, you have kept your random vote from the beginning of this game. You have also, throughout the game mainly just kept on pummeling people with questions, first moose and now IaN. Yet despite questioning IaN so much and trying to make him look as scummy as possible, you have not voted for him. Methinks you are trying to feign usefulness and scumhunting.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: MrWhereItsAt
FoS (since I can't vote for 2 people) on Jammyshazammy.
@Mod, ROFL, you rock.
Yes, I've been told that before. :D
Last edited by Nikanor on Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (isolation #7) » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:47 am

Post by Kalofer »

To be honest Nepsy, yes I do because I do not believe in a lynch all lurkers policy and it is way more fascinating for me to vote for someone who I think is scum in hiding, subtly trying to crawl by without being seen rather than vote for someone based on the boring reason that he's lurking. So in that case you could say that I'm voting based on how much I want to believe the target is scum (in the case of these 2 that is). Like I said, if I could, I would vote for both of them. I would like to hear more of them to decide whether my vote belongs where it currently is.

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (isolation #8) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:48 am

Post by Kalofer »

Neruz wrote:jamshazam is definitely worth keeping an eye on, but i'm fairly certain Moose is scum, his claim that he suspects everyone is intensely scummy; he's gone from being absolutely certain that one person is scum, to having nothing on two people being scum, to suspecting everyone, which is rediculous. Moose is flailing
badly
, and flailing is one of the surest scumtells i know. People flail in mafia when they are afraid of being caught; town doesn't worry about being caught.

The fact that jam is also on Moose is strange, to say the least. On the one hand, i would suspect them as being the scumteam, on the other hand, if they
are
the scumteam then that is a terrible bus vote.
I disagree with you Neruz. While Moose has been acting legitimately scummy, his scummines is too much on the surface for me to think he is scum. Scum would be way more hidden and subtle and as I said moose is very pro-discussion which is a town-tell. And why is him suspecting everyone ridiculous, we all have reasons to suspect each other, at the end of the day it all comes down to luck, tells aren't concrete evidence. Furthermore flailing is in my opinion a town tactic as well, you can read my previous games and see how much I've flailed, kicked and bit when put under pressure and I've been town. It is my belief that townies also flail because they feel helpless in not being able to convince their attackers that they are town. And IMO townies should worry about being killed because that only weakens town, and if we were to lynch moose now what would we learn? However I do agree with you that he has been acting scummy and if at the end of the day everyone is for a moose vote I will support it because scummy behaviour no matter how much I think is irrelevant is a doubt and all doubts must be removed.
I would also like to hear from Nacho whose vacation time is up I believe, he's the IC he should perhaps be able to make more out of all of this.

On another note, I find Nepsy's cautious behaviour scummy as I find Mr's passive/submitting action to my pressure as well, makes me wonder if they're playing cautious because Nacho is the other scum and they have no support, however that is merely a hunch and I myself am not taking it too seriously, what do you guys think?

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (isolation #9) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:50 am

Post by Kalofer »

Oh and also I wanted to say, we might as well lynch jamshazam not only because he looks scummy but because he's hardly helping town at all, he's hardly around to post and do anything whatsoever. I would like approval for this idea because it is extremely risky, town learns nothing from him if he flips VT.

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (isolation #10) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:44 am

Post by Kalofer »

Like I said I will support the lynch, but nobody dare lynch him until nacho comes back and after all we still have time until the deadline. Neruz I want to know what you think of everyone else, so far you have only focused on moose and hardly anyone else.

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (isolation #11) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:56 am

Post by Kalofer »

And why am I scum?

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (isolation #12) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:41 am

Post by Kalofer »

I'm not defending him, defending him would be to try to convince you why I don't think he's town and to make you think likewise. I am saying why I don't think he is scummy enough to deserve my vote and he definitely doesn't deserve a hammer yet. But like I said I support the facts or at least what is taken to be fact in this game. His behaviour is scummy and that cannot be denied, if I was defending him I'd tell you not to lynch him. I'm just giving you my opinion and disagreeing to be on the wagon carry it out for all I care. And to turn the offensive back at you, I don't like how you still haven't voted for anyone yet even though you keep saying how you suspect everyone. You're basically suspecting me of the same thing I'm suspecting you: trying to appear town, I guess the onlookers will have to decide who has more town cred.

By the way I know Jam in real life, he goes to the same school as me and said he doesn't want to do school as well as think about the game (he was persuaded to play by me and another friend of ours). Nik I suggest you search for a replacement, we badly need one since there's only 7 people in this game currently. I'm not gonna get modkilled for disclosing this information am I?

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (isolation #13) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:47 am

Post by Kalofer »

MrWhereItsAt wrote:
Kalofer wrote:his scummines is too much on the surface for me to think he is scum[
How is this not saying moose=town?
Kalofer wrote:And to turn the offensive back at you, I don't like how you still haven't voted for anyone yet even though you keep saying how you suspect everyone. You're basically suspecting me of the same thing I'm suspecting you: trying to appear town, I guess the onlookers will have to decide who has more town cred.
I think your strawmanning and misreading here. I dont recall saying i suspect 'everyone' though certainly thats a common phrase ITT for instance i dont suspect smargaret at all. Thats a very strange remark of you saying i suspect you for trying to look town;that certainly isnt why i would suspect you.

Wow im getting serious scum vibes from kalofer but maybe im just biased cause he is attacking me.
Well, for the first part of that I can answer like this: I'VE BEEN SAYING I THINK HE'S TOWN ALL THIS TIME. He could be scum but I favour the town chances more, I don't know who's who so I'm trying to weigh down probabilities and pick the one that seems more favourable to me.

As to the second part, you're right...to some extent at least and I apologise, feel free to regard my apology and backing down as a scumtell if you wish. Now that you mention smargaret, I find her wishy washy posting scummy, especially when I saw how she nagged at IaN for not voting as voting exerts useful pressure while she hardly stopped voting around and then coming back to the same people without that pressure having time to have an effect. In addition, that and in two other occasions (posts #119 and #134) she seems to have bussed IaN and let's be honest, after his behaviour which scum partner wouldn't bus him?

@MOD, you saw what I posted before right?
I don't read everything you know. >_>
And I've already started looking for a replacement for jamshazam. Nobody seems to be biting, though. :( ~Nik

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (isolation #14) » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:22 am

Post by Kalofer »

Welcome to our wonderful and diverse game Sevei, I must say I especially liked your analysis of Nacho, spot on, I totally agree with you. I wonder if this game will be more interesting/different now that we have so many girls/women in the game.
And come on moose, don't give up, or at least if you're gonna go, go out with a bang.
Thumbs up if you think this post is scummy for not including anything relevant and trying to befriend the new kid (and maybe being slightly sexist though I didn't mean it in that way at all). Don't forget to comment and subscribe :)

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (isolation #15) » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:36 am

Post by Kalofer »

Hmmmm, interesting.
@nepsy, there is almost absolutely always something scummy that can be found in everyone as posts are subject to the reader's opinion (and that by the way is my opinion). We're all a bunch of know-it-all critics here screwing each other up. I kinda feel like I know the answer but I want to hear from sevei's mouth (keyboard to be precise) why she voted for neruz.
To add, I have a town read on neruz too by the way, I find the aggression and fanaticism (definitely wrong choice of words there but meh) with which he leads the wagon a nice lil' old townie-telly because I really doubt scum would put themselves in the spotlight that much especially if moose turns out to be scum. In short I think the town tech-expert is suspecting the town moose, who is frantically running to and fro bleating (or whatever it's called), of stealing his prized persian carpet...yeah I suck I know.

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (isolation #16) » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:41 am

Post by Kalofer »

hey hey hey, wtf, did you miss the parts where I kept repeating we wouldn't get any info if we lynch you. Wtvr, anyway to clarify I posted my latest post before I saw you guys had posted yours, sorry so I guess you can disregard the 3rd sentence (but read it anyway).

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (isolation #17) » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:58 am

Post by Kalofer »

I like to move it move it, I like to move it move it (sorry I just had to say that).
Je zoo nat comprende la question.

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (isolation #18) » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:00 am

Post by Kalofer »

He said he's tempted, he didn't fully blown out declare war on her.

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (isolation #19) » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:45 am

Post by Kalofer »

Sevei wrote:Well, after last night's display of words, I'm pretty sure I have overestimated Moose juuuust a bit.

So...

Nacho, I have a vote on Neruz because I think he's scummy enough to merit a vote and to apply some pressure; that means that I am comfortable seeing him lynched at some point, especially as he is now in my top two, since Moose has demonstrated his play style is not a deliberate way to avoid a readable meta. If you want, I'll ask Nik to swap our names on the vote list, though, so you can be in first place.

I'm very tired as I was up all night cleaning house and cooking, so I will get back in the game later today.
Sooo, you think neruz is scummy enough to merit a vote and could use pressure, but moose who has been blatantly acting scummy all this time does not. I am extremely suspicious of this right now because while keeping your vote on Neruz, your last few posts were directed and were directly pressuring moose. You say you want to pressure neruz, but you do not, save with your vote (I'm voting for MWIA now, I'm pretty sure he isn't feeling any pressure at all) with which I am trying to say doesn't do anything. Nacho is at least really pressuring neruz. What I'm trying to say is that you're trying to undo the moose bandwagon, so that there is a less of a fear of a lynch, while appeasing to everyone else by reminding them how scummy moose is and how he's in your top two and what not in an attempt to appear town.
What I have said is my concrete evidence against you, and being the noob SE that I am it is the best I have so far.
Other evidence is that I kinda noticed how after jammy voted for moose and soon after didn't post anything, moose seemingly lost all hope. Then when Sevei comes up he seems in a much better mood. And then there's your recent conversation with moose, I refuse to believe that moose managed to write so well while being drunk, I'm pretty sure no one would even think about posting while drunk let alone managing to get past the log in stage and even manage to quote and write a post, therefore I assume this is bussing.
To conclude, I would like to see a moose or sevei lynch by the end of this day, whenever that is. If you are wondering about the moose lynch it is because either I think he's scum now (I'm the kinda guy who looks for underlying reasons and not the obvious scummy/newb town behaviour moose was showing) or because even if he's town I think his lynch now will provide useful info about sevei. Though the moose bandwagon is further up compared to the non existent sevei one, I will vote as everyone has always advised me to vote: the scummiest player IMO.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Sevei

Oh and by the way moose, congrats on catching the ball, and I hope the pain goes away quickly and your face returns to normal as quickly as possible.

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (isolation #20) » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:49 pm

Post by Kalofer »

Neruz wrote:I think i've done a 180 on my Moose stance; the last couple of pages have made it pretty ovbious to me that Moose isn't actually scum; he's town who doesn't give a shit. This is arguably even
worse
than being scum, because he's creating one hell of a smoke screen for the real scum.

Moose isn't even playing anymore, he's just fucking around. He's either really, really bad scum, or he's
unbelievably
anti-town, either way he needs to get lynched or we're going to spend the whole game choking on his dust.
Nachomamma8 wrote:
Neruz wrote:Nacho; would you like me to go over the points you've already brought up, or would it be easier to wait to refute the case you're going to bring tomorrow? I'm fine either way, since apparantly you've either misread some of my posts, or deliberately misinterpreted them. Be interesting to see which is the truth.
If you think I misread some of your posts, then set me straight. I'm not going to write an entire post over something that you believe is just a simple misunderstanding.
Alrighty. Here we go then.
Post #37 from Neruz gives me all sorts of scumvibes. I see no reason for a townie to defend another townie in the RVS like that. He also seems far too cautious; being afraid of a lynch on Page 2 when one serious vote has been placed is far too cautious for any townie.
I wasn't defending another townie, i was attacking moose. Moose claimed that he had already worked out with 100% certainty who was scum, i was pointing out that there was no possible way he could have worked that out and he should stop being an idiot, although i phrased it more politely than that.
Neruz, he said that he had zero case on nobody or kal. He did not say that he still found them 100% scum, though. Why don't you believe that overaggression is a legitimate strategy in RVS?
Because the instant he was called on that overaggression, he backpedaled
hard
. If Moose had kept going with his accusations i would probably have dropped most of my case on him, but back in page 2 when i pointed out he couldn't be 100% sure, rather than continuing to push he immediately started making excuses as to why everyone thought he was scum.
Neruz, voting with someone equals buddying up to them? Since when?
Voting with someone doesn't equal buddying them. Voting with someone after saying "THERE YA GO BRO! GREAT JOB!" without adding
anything
to the discussion is either buddying, or bandwagoning.
Neruz, nepsy asked you a pretty good question. Why have you ignored it this long?
Where? I only see two posts from nepsy on page 7 and neither one has a question directed at me. Please provide quoted evidence next time Nacho, saves time.
Neruz, you DON'T suspect everyone? Who do you trust?
Please don't put words into my mouth. I did not say this, what i said was that stating that you suspect everyone, on D1, after half a dozen pages, is blatantly ovbious and completely meaningless. It's like saying the sky is blue; it's something
everyone already knows.

To Sevei;
a) he is hardcore tunneling on Moose
No, i am not. I am focusing most of my attention on Moose, but i've noted other players scummy behaviour several times. I believe that Moose is a massive liability to the town, either through being blatantly anti-town or scum and needs to go as soon as possible.

I havn't responded to your vote or case Sevei, because there was nothing to respond to. Your case on me is built entirely upon your own emotions and things you don't like. You don't like that i'm ok with an early mislynch, you don't like my comment about eating my hat. The only thing i can really say to your case is that you are incorrect about my backpedalling:

I said that i was alright with someone else hammering moose, the reason i was alright with that is because you get quite a lot of information out of a hammer, especially an early hammer. If someone
had
hammered moose right then and there then that would have been an extremely strong scumtell on that person, depending on the specific circumstances. However i
myself
would not have hammered Moose, as i had no reason to hammer him just yet.

You appear to be equating putting someone to L-1 as exactly the same thing as hammering them, when they are quite ovbiously not the same thing. Putting someone to L-1
risks
a hammer, but is not in itself a hammer.

As to the rest of your case, like i said before, there's nothing for me to work with. I can't change the fact that you dislike my past actions, if you dislike them, you dislike them. Nothing i can do about it is there? And i'm
certainly
not going to change myself just to appease you.
Wow neruz, that was an extremely baaaaaad defence you just made. You don't even really think moose is town you just want to lynch him as soon as possible. What's even worse is you keep saying he's anti-town and needs to go. You know what, YOUR tunneling on him and not paying attention to anyone else is also pretty anti-town so why don't we lynch you because of it?
Then you say you find moose's backpedalling scummy and SAY that you would have let him go if he had continued to vote for those people knowing that there was no way in which he could be certain that they were scum, basically finding the fact that he unvoted scummy, but if he were to continue voting for an extremely scummy reason, you would not have found it scummy.
Next you deny hardcore tunneling on moose? Really? That's all you've been doing this entire game ever since the beginning, the only time I remember when you mentioned other players was when I asked you.
Right now we're choking on YOUR dust so either convince us that you're town or to mafia hell with you.

My top 3 who I'd like to see lynched are:

1) Sevei (seem like scum to me, bad defense IMO)
2) Neruz (seem like scum to me, bad defense IMO)
3) Moose (don't know but has been acting scummy, kinda person that if he is town, mafia will not kill to ensure suspense within game)

On another note I am sick and tired of this, nacho I disagree with you, more conversation only makes town (or me at least) more confused. More conversation is IMO more useful during day 2 and beyond when there are less people. And for that reason I would like to see a lynch as soon as possible (interpret this in whatever way you want, just know that I am sick and tired of this idiotic boat rocking thing).

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Neruz

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (isolation #21) » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:47 am

Post by Kalofer »

Great, and now you OMGUS me after completely mis-interpreting what I said. Another thing I want to add is the "eating my hat" thing. You said you'd eat your hat if he isn't scum which is AtE. I didn't find that scummy, a lot of other people did but I didn't. Now however I do because suddenly you're out here telling us you think he's more town than he is scum...BIG contradiction. You have also confused the difference between someone who I think is scum and has been acting scummy, with someone I don't really think is scum that much but has been acting scummy. And yes while I would prefer (key word being prefer) a sevei lynch, unless I manage to convince anyone else to support it, sevei will end up with 1 vote. Since however, people are more willing to lynch you I am prepared to make sacrifices and go for my second best option, after all what would be the point in making a top three, if I am not prepared to lynch one of them. The moose wagon has also lost strength and since you're the strongest wagon I vote for you. If you didn't want me to vote for you, don't say stupid things or say stupid things but defend them wisely.
So, I will use this opportunity to tell everyone else: who's willing to lynch sevei?
The reasons I am giving are
1) what I criticised her of
2) her defense which I found weak (because she kept repeating how she doesn't want to rush things even though I didn't accuse her of this, and mainly because she didn't really have a nice answer to my concrete evidence against her and instead started talking about Hemingway, Faulkner etc. (those people didn't have to log in or type with keyboards did they?))

That aside, what exactly are you hoping to achieve with your voting me? Suddenly flip attention to someone else just because I have the scummiest reasons to vote for you? That in itself is scummy.

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (isolation #22) » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:24 pm

Post by Kalofer »

I want approval from town because a lynch will not happen unless more than one player supports it, and right now I want a lynch because I am tired of all this conversation I see as useless and just want to get to day 2 as simply as possible. Neruz, you're an idiot. You think you hit a scum with what I wrote, good for you. You think I'd be that much of a stupid scum to post that? (you said it was dumb too) I was just being honest. I guess you and neither will anyone else believe it but I really don't care, go ahead with your stupid wagon and see where it leads you, I dare ya. And next time Neruz, how about you tell us when you've changed your mind before we attack you so you don't have to defend yourself, that saves time.
Right now I really don't care about looking pro-town, I realised that putting effort into that was too time consuming so you might as well lynch me because of that.

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (isolation #23) » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:30 pm

Post by Kalofer »

How's that for flailing? I can do a lot more trust me, just add a few more votes and the kicking and biting can truly begin. To summarise the post above: I admit to all you are accusing me of, my explanation for my actions which have aroused your attention is honesty. You are wrong in your wagon, but go ahead with it, I'd like to see your faces at the end of the day when you carry it out.

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (isolation #24) » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:51 pm

Post by Kalofer »

1) The rush to a lynch is because I'm bored, confused and moose and IaN and MWIA are hardly doing anything, less people well make the game more refreshing.
2) Yeah that's because I don't really care who gets lynched, the sooner you understand this is a guessing game primarily based on luck the better. Like I said, I'd prefer it if sevei gets lynched out of all of those but that would take too slow. I knew changing my vote to neruz to help the bandwagon would be extremely scummy and would arouse suspicions but I don't really care. I'm tired of this. If you want to lynch me lynch me, it's not going to be what I hoped for but at least it's going to be a lynch/ I'm just telling you you'll be sorry. Whether you believe me or not is up to you.
3) No, unless you didn't notice I voted for Sevei, sure it was a short vote but since I didn't see any responses from anyone agreeing with me or even commenting on my theory against her and on the contrary focusing on neruz I said, "ah what the hell, the guy's been acting scummy anyway" and voted for neruz.
4) No, I was directing a question at everyone to see what their views were. At that point that was merely an opinion based on a post. People take in different posts differently. What I saw was a meek, passive resistance, I just wanted to know if other people so it that way so maybe I could see the posts in a brighter light.
5) Once again honesty, I didn't however put that out there in front of town to make them them think I'm town, it was directed at the people who were accusing IaN and moose for saying that because it's not a definite scumtell. But as you can see I do flail when I get pressure on me, so smarg: scum or town tell?

6) For how do I have to keep repeating myself? I think I explained it well enough: since the wagon for my top 1 scum was going nowhere I decided to join the wagon for my top 2 scum which was at least making progress, now it's not though and I'm :( : "better to reign in hell than serve in heaven". And that I did because I am looking for an easy lynch, the sooner the better.
7) I like getting approval for what I do, it makes me feel supported and not alone.

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (isolation #25) » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:06 pm

Post by Kalofer »

I believe there will be less confusion and less/more lurkers (depending on their alignment) in D2. Posts will be better understood and it would be more interesting to examine motives as to why a person was lynched and why a person was nightkilled. That's my opinion at least. And also, D2 will give us a sense of progression, right now I have the feeling we're just hitting each other with sticks and not going anywhere and this is frustrating for me.
And no I don't think I can expand my case on sevei a bit more, it's mostly opinions from her defense and the only scummy facts I have is how unlike you she hasn't really been pressuring Neruz. First she said she did it for pressure then she says she finds him scummy for listed reasons, but she didn't ask him question or try to probe him in anyway like you did. And then she starts talking about how she thinks moose was playing very clever, and he could be scum, and I was like what the hell? Because she continually admitted (like me) that moose was scummy but at least I said that I think he's town, she didn't and she did this while having a vote on neruz which I thought meant she tried to townily back away from the moose wagon that Jam had placed her in while pretending that she's town by saying "oh I think discussion would be so nice to town and oh let's pressure this guy and see where it leads us, otherwise town will not gain anything". And exactly that part of my case against her which was based on facts she did not explain, instead trying to look like a master of defense by saying my thinking there was something more behind moose's being drunk was stupid and then saying why she thinks neruz is scum (giving a list of reasons) and above all constantly repeating herself as to how town should take it's time in producing more conversation to find the scum when I hadn't even accused her of being hasty or anything, and that stank of scum to me. Dunno bout you guys though. I cannot give more elaboration than that.
Since the neruz wagon is losing powah:
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Sevei, back to the drawing board.

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (isolation #26) » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:12 pm

Post by Kalofer »

I would like to re-state my interests:

Either go into D2 as quickly as possible
Suspend the game (i.e everyone agree to go on a lurking strike) until IaN and MWIA start posting more regularly

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (isolation #27) » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:59 pm

Post by Kalofer »

What I'm playing at is for you to decide. I'm pushing a lynch because two people are missing from this game and for some reason I'm just tired of rummaging through these posts in the hope of finding scum then to have to deal with a person's defence only to be left more confused as to whether that person is scummy or not and to have to carefully write each and every post to try to appeal to town's objectives in order to not appear scummy. I am completely aware that my addition to the neruz wagon was scummy especially after saying I'd prefer it if you were lynched, but I don't care, the question is whether you think it's worth lynching me. And what do I care about AtE, it's the truth. You don't know the truth so I'm telling you the truth, whether you'll believe me or not is up to you. I'm going to re-read your defence against my accusations.

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (isolation #28) » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:08 am

Post by Kalofer »

I'm sorry, but I still didn't see how you defended yourself.
@Nacho: YOU BLUNDERING BUFFOON, why did you unvote neruz so quickly? I had a plan and you ruined it. (I'm kidding, Ik now it's not your fault, you did what you thought was right, but my plan's still ruined :( )

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (isolation #29) » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:56 am

Post by Kalofer »

That's your own personal opinion which I believe is wrong. Luck is the primary element. You can get better at other elements from experience but at the end of the day you don't really know what the other person's role is and so it is a game of luck. And roulette is a game entirely based on luck, how can you have any influence over where a ball moving over a rotating circle lands?

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (isolation #30) » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:31 am

Post by Kalofer »

Interesting. I'll still have to try out all those examples of mafia you have given to see if you are right. For now however, from what I've seen in this game and others I've played it is primarily luck, I doubt experience will change my opinion but if it does then it does. Anyway, change of topic: how much do you really think I'm scum?

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (isolation #31) » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:52 am

Post by Kalofer »

God dammit will you stop misinterpreting me, yes I did try to appear pro - town BECAUSE I AM TOWN, don't townies try to appear pro-town? Right now I don't care in the slightest how I appear and I am completely indifferent as to what you think of me. Don't you try to appear pro-town so that there is no big case anyone can have on you and consequently so there won't be misunderstandings between townies? And this is true because no one brought up a point against me until I actually stopped caring and put a vote on neruz.
Trying to look pro-town = trying to not slip up to look like scum
And no I didn't say moose wasn't posting while drunk, I said there was a probability that he might not have been drunk and that wasn't my case against you sevei that was a mere suggestion. And I didn't only say I believed moose was your scumbuddy, I also said even if he's not you, as scum, are unvoting him to make yourself seem more town.
And no, sevei unless I haven't made myself clear enough already I am not scum.
@Nacho, you really wanna lynch IaN and will be consistent about your vote? If so
UNVOTE:
VOTE: IamNobody

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (isolation #32) » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:20 am

Post by Kalofer »

You know what, nevermind, just interpret it in whatever way you want.

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (isolation #33) » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:45 am

Post by Kalofer »

yeah we know, it's happened two times already, stop making such a big deal out of it.

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (isolation #34) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:49 am

Post by Kalofer »

The post #9 you speak of 2k3 is when I had not begun acting like a complete and total jerk. I am the type of townie that weighs pros and cons, I wouldn't want to tell anyone to lynch jamshazam only for them to quickly accuse me of being scum for not saying that his lynch would give us nothing. I guess I really should stop doing that because it's obviously not helping at all. But whether you believe me or not, the truth is I posted what I was thinking and wanted opinions and comments to my statement thus continuing the flow of information.
Now I'd like to see who the mafia are going to kill. My bet is on Nacho.

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (isolation #35) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:31 am

Post by Kalofer »

Does there have to be a point?

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (isolation #36) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:35 pm

Post by Kalofer »

well that was bad, no big surprise that IaN turned flipped town though.
VOTE: 2003041, for [top] suspecting what turned out to be a townie, but letting someone else hammer him for you.

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (isolation #37) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:36 am

Post by Kalofer »

Well since you didn't say in what order your top 3 were how was I supposed to know you thought I was the scummiest, and if you did think that, why didn't you vote for me? Getting scummier and scummier. Just because you vote for someone doesn't mean you think they're scum, I said why I voted for him, I just wanted a smaller town population and since no one could convince everyone else is scum we went along with the lurker. As to the town cop what do you want me to say? OMG NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEZZZZZZZ, there I said it, feeling better now? Obviously it's not good, but it happened. I had slightly scummy inclinations towards nepsy to be honest since she never voted for me despite my scummy behaviour. But I guess her passiveness is what got her lynched. And would you mind explaining why it's bad for me to guess who gets nkilled?

Smargaret, God should have told you I'm not scum, did you ask him/her/it?

Yes moose, indeed it does suck.

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (isolation #38) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:12 am

Post by Kalofer »

Am I? In that case I am doing it unconsciously. I was being asked questions and I answered them, as I am doing now and why are you so keen on proving in the worst ways possible that I am scum?

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (isolation #39) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:22 am

Post by Kalofer »

You might as well not bother with the second, I'm doing a good enough job of it already.

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (isolation #40) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:21 am

Post by Kalofer »

I completely disagree with what you're saying against me smarg, that attack you are using is almost completely based on opinions and view-points, I believe my defense and responses have been pretty good and not as defeatist as moose's. And of course I'm not surprised IaN flipped town, I can't believe you of all people would accuse me of being scum just for that whne you were the one who hammered and also admitted that other lynches would be better, so stop being a kind of hypocrite.
And moose I would really like you to explain what you currently think and have thought of Smargaret throughout this game, you're confusing.

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (isolation #41) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:56 am

Post by Kalofer »

Firstly I am not playing defeatist or at least I don't think so, since I interpret defeatist as being a person who surrenders, I didn't surrender, I just became careless, purposely. Secondly I don't think moose's and your questions are worth answering, I don't see how useful it would be if I were to answer them and I currently have better things to do, ask me questions that seem more reasonable and I will answer them. IMO they're busy people and it's pointless to speculate who's scum based on how much they post.
Finally, I told you why I voted for IaN, it's because I wanted day 2 to come quickly and the guy had acted legitimately scummy. I would have been much happier with a neruz or sevei lynch but it wouldn't have happened. I was actually quite surprised how nacho after pressuring neruz, suddenly just shut it down and focused on the lurker. I have a strict anti-lurker lynch policy but I didn't care that time.

I will admit now after your explanation that your attack on me is quite good and strong (except what you've accused me of doing in day 2). The only defense I will give is that scum wouldn't be that careless/stupid to play like I am playing now, you decide if it's a good defense.

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (isolation #42) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:26 am

Post by Kalofer »

Exactly, I never said I thought IaN was scum, that's what I'm trying to get at. I admit his actions at the start looked legitimately scummy, but overall I did not think he was scum. I voted for him a) because I wanted to get to day 2 as quickly as possible, willing to risk a vote based mostly on chance and b) he was a lurker and although I don't find that scummy I find it as being a hindrance which might as well be removed. Also I didn't want his newbie playstyle interfering and confusing me and town for that matter.

I'm not posting carelessly because I want to get a reaction, but because I don't want to bother posting carefully, which I find time-consuming and cumbersome.

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (isolation #43) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:43 am

Post by Kalofer »

I was bored and confused, thought a little blood letting would do good, I'm probably wrong and I admit that, I also admit I'm a selfish jerk...sorry. I had no idea the scum would be lucky enough to get a PR though.

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (isolation #44) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:19 am

Post by Kalofer »

Talk, as much as possible. All the pro-town things you wanted to do day 1 I support completely now that there's a few less people to think about.

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (isolation #45) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:15 am

Post by Kalofer »

Yeah you could say that ( the first part, I haven't played really huge games yet though).

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (isolation #46) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:26 am

Post by Kalofer »

Yes, I still think the killing helps. You think wrong.

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (isolation #47) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:32 am

Post by Kalofer »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Sevei

or should I vote neruz, what do you think?
I have a town read on smarg who seems to scum hunt.
I have a town read on 234, who from MWIA and his little number of posts so far I believe is town.
I have a town read on Moose, from his weird behaviour and defeatism.
Nachomamma, I really don't know. I'm leaning town on him I guess.

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (isolation #48) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:40 am

Post by Kalofer »

I predict a scum win if town continue to play so naively.
I'm not scum. Period.

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (isolation #49) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:03 pm

Post by Kalofer »

Want me to hammer and show you how wrong you are? I told you, up to a point in day 1 I played carefully, no one suspected me then. Now I don't want to bother. I'm being honest about my actions. You are being extremely naive if you think any scum is just going to happily jump into the spotlight like that. To hell with your claims, want me to self hammer to show you how wrong you are?

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (isolation #50) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:35 am

Post by Kalofer »

Because town wants to screw me over, and no I don't really care abut winning though it would be nice. And don't you lecture me about self- hammering when you wanted to hammer yourself also.

And seriously wtf, whenever we got someone to L-1 in day 1 there was always someone who made a big deal out of it, now no one cares. Have fun with your second mis-lynch then.

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (isolation #51) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:37 am

Post by Kalofer »

Do your worst.

"Go, go Shawty. It's yo scumday. We gonna lynch some scum like it's yo scumday."

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (isolation #52) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:28 am

Post by Kalofer »

yeah, I mean sure, lynching the most obvious target is a good strategy why not, and may I ask, do any of you geniuses have a plan B if I flip town?

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (isolation #53) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:50 am

Post by Kalofer »

Because I got bored and didn't want to bother, thought spicing things up and then subtly calling you a bunch of idiots when you logically respond to my appalling behaviour knowing I'm town would be much more fun and so far it has been. Then there's also the fact that I felt frustrated that MWIA and IaN were not posting and just wanted to get rid of someone as soon as possible, does that answer your question?

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (isolation #54) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:39 am

Post by Kalofer »

HAHAHAHA...Can't wait to imagine what your faces are going to be when I flip against your expectations. I love how I can play as mafia while being town. I still think sevei is scum, if my dying opinion matters at all.

Take this for "psychological game" neruz? You're so sure I'm scum? I dare you to hammer me. Come on, what's the matter you don't want to? Scared of that 0.01%? Awwwwww. Anyone want me to act scummier? I can sure try.

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (isolation #55) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:38 am

Post by Kalofer »

He said what he had to say
TBH, I really don't have many more ISO questions, but there are a few things I's like to find out.
@Nacho: First, you can just say 2k3 instead of "numbers" or "2452675126513412394546" (<<Random number mashing).
How do you feel about moose's apparent play change?
How do you feel about Kal's "NK Prediction"?

@Kal: I really just wanna know. Why did you lose so much interest in Day 1?

@moose: Do you feel that at this point you're playing differently from your meta? Is it comfortable for you?
ISO 23: Do you still feel Neruz may be scummy because of this?

@Neruz: I would just like to know what your reads are now, when (and if) you get back.
Now vote for me, if you don't you're scum.

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (isolation #56) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:16 am

Post by Kalofer »

you're still scum :D

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (isolation #57) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:43 am

Post by Kalofer »

OMG nik, I've known you for soooo long, please don't kill me. I never meant anything bad I swear. Come on, give me one more chance. PLZZZZZZZZZ

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (isolation #58) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:20 am

Post by Kalofer »

BAH, I told you so. Nik, I shall never forgive you, ever, ever, ever...ever. K bye and good luck.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”