Newbie 1007 - When in Rome, Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
FEMM the Attorney
FEMM the Attorney
Goon
FEMM the Attorney
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:15 am

Post by FEMM the Attorney »

Vote: Splashlerz
for using a z instead of an s.
Hello everyone.
"Lolpats. It's like lolcats. But pattier." - My friend.
FEMM the Attorney
FEMM the Attorney
Goon
FEMM the Attorney
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (isolation #1) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:50 am

I find it interesting that over half of the RVS is Doreah. :P I wonder if random.org REALLY picked that, or if there was some sneaky band-waggoning going on.
Well, since no one else has yet, I'll ask a couple questions...
1: Do you think it is easier playing as town or as scum?
2: What do you think of Lynching all Lurkers?
3: What is your stand on Lynching all Liars?
FEMM the Attorney
FEMM the Attorney
Goon
FEMM the Attorney
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (isolation #2) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:08 pm

To answer my own questions,
1: I have little experience in being scum.But I know they both have their strengths... and their weaknesses. I do prefer being town aligned, though.
2: Lurkers slow down the game, which benefits scum. If you are lurking you are just asking for a town lose. Lynching them would make the game move smoothly, and possibly catch scum trying to hide, however it could also misslynch town. I don't quite agree on lynching lurkers, but I do think that they deserve alot of attention if they're trying to avoid it.
3: There is no way to tell if one is lying or not, and lying isn't always scummy because like others have said, town can lie and it can be benificial to the town. So no, don't lynch liars.
FEMM the Attorney
FEMM the Attorney
Goon
FEMM the Attorney
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (isolation #3) » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:45 am

Beefster wrote:FEMM: I have a feeling that these RQs won't get us anywhere soon. They might be helpful later, but I don't think they are going to spur much discussion at the moment.
I know that. I wanted to get any kind of discussion going as the thread seemed to be loosing it's momentum at that time. Also, these questions let us know the player's style a little more. Which could be helpful later on. Anyway,
Current suspects: Flomo and splashlerz. For lack of activity, it helps when everyone is contributing.
FEMM the Attorney
FEMM the Attorney
Goon
FEMM the Attorney
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (isolation #4) » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:44 pm

I think Nikitakit could just be a nervous newbie... But there is the point that beefstar brought up about, "if you think we might view it as scummy, don't post it.", there can be some instances where this isn't true, but still.
Fos: Nikitakit
for now. I don't think she needs more votes piled on juuust yet.
FEMM the Attorney
FEMM the Attorney
Goon
FEMM the Attorney
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (isolation #5) » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:06 pm

I got overloaded with chores for the weekend. I'll have a post on monday, possibly tuesday if more things come up. Sorry.
FEMM the Attorney
FEMM the Attorney
Goon
FEMM the Attorney
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (isolation #6) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:03 pm

Where the hell is everyone? We need way more contribution here. (myself included, but I should be able to get on until next week at least.)
The only reason I didn't vote for nikita was because I wanted to keep my vote on Splasherz for the time being. Also, I was too lazy to count up and see how many votes she had already.
@Nikita: Why did you iso Moth... and just Moth? Is that your only suspect right now, or? That post looks really strange to me.
FEMM the Attorney
FEMM the Attorney
Goon
FEMM the Attorney
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (isolation #7) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:14 pm

Alright, counted Nikita's votes. She's at L-2. three votes, it takes five to lynch.(Moth, Beef, and Pizza) I'm not putting her at L-1, it is way too soon for that.
Too many food screennames. :P
FEMM the Attorney
FEMM the Attorney
Goon
FEMM the Attorney
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (isolation #8) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:39 pm

Well, why would one analyze themselves anyway?
Also, I just realised I'd been reffering to you as 'she' when it says your gender is male right there. Sorry. ^^;
I'll post my reads on everyone next post, stay tuned.
FEMM the Attorney
FEMM the Attorney
Goon
FEMM the Attorney
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (isolation #9) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:40 am

Pizzaplate wrote:First and foremost, there is no such thing as too many food screennames.
Second, Analyzing yourself is sorta unnecessary since you'd never say you are scummy.
It was a joke. (Though I think you know that). And that was my point - of course mothrax wouldn't iso himself. But nikita only stated his iso on moth after that, even though he could have also included any other scum reads. (and he did in a later post.)
doreah wrote:please explain why your Splasherz vote is now serious.
Two reasons: lack of contribution and lack of a better suspect. I was going to vote for nikita, but I didn't want L-1 yet. I think it is too early for a lynch with such a huge lack of contribution all around. Like you, Doreah said, the scum could be the absentees and the town is just pointing fingers. It's a chance that could be true, but it also could only be half true. It doesn't mean we should let the game stagnate though.
@Yenros: Even a cop wouldn't be 100% sure who is who at this point in the game.
All of this said, it's difficult for me to read players at this point, but here is what I think,
Nikita: Seemingly defensive all of a sudden. I don't understand why you only stated iso on Moth... Then promised iso on the others, and then wen't onto say that you'd have things to comment on the listed players, yet don't say anything about them and go back to Moth. Also, wording of posts feels dodgy and slightly paranoid.
Moth: Good info to spark discussion. Alot of ioA. Understandable, since it's such a slow game. I'm not getting why everyone else is jumping on it as being scummy. I'll look more into this.
Pizza: Pretty neutral read on you, but your posts are alot of helpful advice and not much scumhunting thus far. It's not scummy, but it isn't helping the lack of contribution.
Everyone else is mostly neutral.
Unvote
I'll switch to
VOTE: Pizzaplate
. Pressure on somone who is actually present for now. And I don't want nik @ L-1.
FEMM the Attorney
FEMM the Attorney
Goon
FEMM the Attorney
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (isolation #10) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:27 pm

^ That.
That indeed. =/
FEMM the Attorney
FEMM the Attorney
Goon
FEMM the Attorney
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (isolation #11) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:39 pm

To answer Beefster's question: Like I stated before, I refuse to put nik at L-1 without more discussion on why he should be lynched or why shouldn't he. I think Nikita is lacking defense, and any defense given has seemed nervous, which is really strange, IMO. But I'd like to be really sure that the town lynches the right person.
I changed my vote to Pizza because I felt that continuing to keep my random-turned-lurker-pressure vote on Splasherz is not very productive for this game right now. I was planning on switching it before Doreah mentioned anything as well. But I'm not gonna use that as my biggest excuse. It is EXTREMELY hard to press attacks or get firm reads on everyone when we have two players with only one or two posts, or others who are a tad behind in activity. We need some serious prods/replacements for Flomo and Splash. ... And possibly the mod.
FEMM the Attorney
FEMM the Attorney
Goon
FEMM the Attorney
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (isolation #12) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:15 am

I've been really busy preparing for a vacation. Limited access, but I'll try to get a post up by tonight. Reading though thread right now.
FEMM the Attorney
FEMM the Attorney
Goon
FEMM the Attorney
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (isolation #13) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:02 am

Hm. My scumpicks have changed.
Nikita = Your recent investigating (or scumhunting) has lifted my suspicion from you. For now, at least. However, I find it strange you decided to accuse Pizza of basically what I already said and voted him for.
I am curious about beef, is the "my playstyle is strange and different" a valid excuse? It sure as hell never works for me. I also think his posts are a bit small and information-less. Alot of the time it is beefster the IC talking, and not enough of beefster the player talking.
Unfortunetley, I don't have enough time to delve deeper into investigating. I'll be gone until friday too.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”