nepsy
nepsy
Goon
nepsy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:37 pm

Post by nepsy »

So Sternum, did you actually read foilist post before yours?
Random voting stage doesn't mean it's random lynching stage so jumping on bandwagons so early and without any reasons it's not something usually done. Town needs information if we want to catch scum and the better way for that is to talk, analyse people's post and not rush any lynch (well, at least one without strong motives).
nepsy
nepsy
Goon
nepsy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (isolation #2) » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:45 pm

Post by nepsy »

In any case, Sternum (and anyone else completely new) it's useful if you take a look at the rules in the first posts of this thread (Where you can see how you can unvote for example) and take a look at a couple games to see how this works.
nepsy
nepsy
Goon
nepsy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (isolation #3) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:08 pm

Post by nepsy »

unvote

So you are voting him just because he voted for you? If he would jump into anyone else's bandwagon you would be ok?
Because that's exactly what you're doing now.
nepsy
nepsy
Goon
nepsy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (isolation #4) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:57 pm

Post by nepsy »

Foilist, why the vote for Crilly? Semi random or it has some reason behind it?
nepsy
nepsy
Goon
nepsy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (isolation #5) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:09 pm

Post by nepsy »

I read it as Crilly was talking about Cnor not defending himself (even if he hadn't posted yet, so yeah, it was weird). If he was talking about Zed he would have voted her, or at least that would be the logical thing.
Crilly wrote: So I am going to stick with my vote, even tho I will still have less weight then the IC and SE.
I'm also not a big fan of this sentence, as long as people can think for themselves and make good arguments there's no reason one should follow more easily an IC or SE just because they played more games in this site.
nepsy
nepsy
Goon
nepsy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (isolation #6) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:42 pm

Post by nepsy »

Abelcain: Indeed mafia games usually have a little faster pace than this one. Vae is right with saying that the IC and SEs are not here really to start discussion, we're playing the game and we usually have more experience than others but that doesn't mean that we should play while others look.

I'm not getting many scumvibes for now (the fact that so many people are lurking doesn't help) but if I had to chose some suspects I would go for Crilly and Sternum and both for similar reasons, both had a couple of points adressed to them and after being prodded they just did some post without many content and disappeared again.
nepsy
nepsy
Goon
nepsy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (isolation #7) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:07 am

Post by nepsy »

A little bit of free information for you as you're new Crilly, you can defend as perfect as you can but if there is no alternate wagon you will be lynched. Make sure there is one and you might survive today.
Is this an advice to your scum partner? I've seen plenty of people being questioned in the early phase of the day and that didn't mean they didn't survive day one. Of course it's actually useful if they answer the questions and concerns others have on them.

And just so you know,
V/LA until monday
nepsy
nepsy
Goon
nepsy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (isolation #8) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:35 am

Post by nepsy »

Vae Victus wrote:Quick to jump on him, aren't you? All he's doing is offering advice to a newbie, which is not out of place, really, since that's what they're supposed to be doing. I would think he'd offer that advice no matter who was in crilly's situation; or at least give him the benefit of the doubt. I can't help but feel that you're desperate for anything that'll dirty up another player.
I'm here trying to catch scum so I like to ask questions when I see something that looks scummy in my eyes. And yes, his advice may be a town trying to help town but it could also be scum coaching his partner, I don't think it was that weird to ask him about it.
nepsy
nepsy
Goon
nepsy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (isolation #9) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:15 am

Post by nepsy »

palmertrou wrote:@Those not voting, why aren't you?
Because I'm not suspicious enough of someone to vote them. I get some scumvibes from Crilly but they are not enough to warrant a vote that will put him at L-1.
nepsy
nepsy
Goon
nepsy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (isolation #10) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:36 pm

Post by nepsy »

I haven't been posting much so sorry for that, work is getting in the way.
But I took some time to read the thread again
foilist13 wrote:The proper response as town is to have a response. He should be bothered by the fact that someone is voting him for no reason. I believe this post was made after I confirmed it as a serious vote and he posted something else (I may be wrong here, but I'm typing quickly and don't have time to check). That is issue number 1. This is especially applicable to newbies, as newbie scum tend to be nervous and over responsive.
Re-reading this I got a little confused, you say scum gets nervous and over responsive but, yet Crilly response was no responding at all how does this fit with an over responsive scum?

@ Sternum: Where are you? I haven't seen you even trying to scum hunt once in the game. On your last post you said you want some info out of Crilly, I want some info out of you, is there anyone you suspect?

@ Ardelia: Same as for Sternum but Zed already asked you some questions. I'm not sure if you're that newbie that you didn't even took a look at the game before signing in or you making yourself look more newbie
nepsy
nepsy
Goon
nepsy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (isolation #11) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:26 am

Post by nepsy »

First because I'm not a vote hopper and I usually don't vote many times, specially if it's still day 1 and I don't have any more or less strong read.

If I would put a vote right now it would be either on Sternum or Ardelia as some sort of "pressure" to make them stop lurking and talk more but since I can't vote both of them I prefer to wait to see if any of them starts playing the game.
nepsy
nepsy
Goon
nepsy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (isolation #12) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:48 pm

Post by nepsy »

It's not really that, it's just the way I play, and I'm already used to being asked why I'm not voting someone at some point in day one.
nepsy
nepsy
Goon
nepsy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (isolation #13) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:15 pm

Post by nepsy »

I'm really sorry for the absence, the weekend was more busy than expected. I'll try to do a post with some actual content tomorrow when I'm not as sleepy as now but since we are so close to deadline and a lynch is preferred over a no lynch I'm going to
Vote: Crilly

(this is L-1)
nepsy
nepsy
Goon
nepsy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (isolation #14) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:49 pm

Post by nepsy »

Mert wrote:
Nepsy:
Very early yesterday you told Sternum that "jumping on bandwagons so early and without any reasons it's not something usually done" and then go on to highlight the value of information. If I said I intended to start an early bandwagon (note: not an early lynch) in order to get information, would you consider that good or bad play? Your post seems contradictory in that respect.
The way Sternum posted looked to me that he may believe that people were already doing serious votes to get a lynch and I was merely pointing out that it's not something that it's usually done. Early bandwagons can be good play in the situation that you mentioned.
Because nepsy's attack was by far the most opportunist. I don't blame anyone for pointing it out and questioning it, but nepsy did nothing but pile on, which is uncalled for.
I know Mert already asked that but I'm really curious on how my attack can be pilling on when I was the first to question palmer on the coaching issue.
nepsy
nepsy
Goon
nepsy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (isolation #15) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:04 am

Post by nepsy »

I'm really sorry about asking for a replacement, I hate to do this but I can not dedicate much time to the game right now. Life has been busier than expected and now I'll be one week without barely any internet access.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”