Newbie 1022 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (isolation #0) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:44 am

Post by xvart »

Hello everyone. Happy hunting. I read through the entire thread during the night phase, but I left all my notes at my office so I'll have to post those tomorrow (or later tonight if I walk my dog by my office).

AV - to answer your question about the crumbs I'll say that I didn't pick up on the crumbs until someone pointed them out. I was going to go back and read to pick up any crumbs but they were already posted. Of course, picking up bread crumbs isn't my strong suit.

I also want to say that I was extremely disappointed that the shotty lynch didn't go through on D1.

Also, for the new players in the game, we are currently in Lynch or Lose (LYLO) so if we don't lynch scum today we lose. So don't go throwing votes around all willy nilly because the scum team could come in and quick lynch if you are voting a townie. And I guess a mass claim doesn't really matter at this point since all our power roles are dead, unless someone wants to claim the scum RBer. :)

I am pretty confident that VV is scum, but I'll wait until I get my notes back before launching into that.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (isolation #1) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:03 am

Post by xvart »

AurorusVox, 465 wrote:xvart: by "pointed them out" do you mean explicitly (as in, today) or when I told Leech to look closer at TL's posts?
I meant today.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (isolation #2) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:42 pm

Post by xvart »

I agree with the scum team of VV and KC. Going over my notes I had VV as definite scum and KC/shotty as the buddy. I would be more comfortable with a VV lynch today just because he is scum beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Looking over KC it becomes slightly more obvious that VV could very well be his buddy. King says VV is a neutral read the whole game and never says anything of substance against VV. KC also routinely dances around the shotty issue and keeps sort of saying he is scummy without ever voting him.

I knew VV was scum after reading his first post of the game:
VasudeVa, 4 wrote:As your IC, I will be trying to help you out and teach by example. Of course, my teaching gigs do not necessarily reflect my alignment so it's your job to find out
if I am one of you or not
:P.
Find out if you are one of us or not? Spoken from a true scum mindset.

Are we really ready to end this day already? I'm happy to vote KC but I think we should lynch VV today.

VOTE: VasudeVa

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (isolation #3) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:45 pm

Post by xvart »

Oh I thought it was L-1. That happened fast.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (isolation #4) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:46 pm

Post by xvart »

And Vox, I understand that Shotty is essentially cop confirmed town. I was saying that when I read through during N2 I had it down to either VV and shotty or KC. With the convo about breadcrumbs and shotty being town that left KC and VV.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (isolation #5) » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:34 am

Post by xvart »

gg scum. lol at not getting to post. AV - I probably never would have pursued AV/VV scum team but when I read your first attack/vote on VV I was like this might be a bus. Wagon momentum is everything it just seemed like you were trying to switch gears and push a wagon on scum that would go no where. And since you did this D2 as well I thought it might be possible but I wanted to see VV flip scum first. I was hoping to draw out some sort of reaction from you when I came out and said VV was scum and put a vote down but then the whole cop/shotty discussion took over (and I was late to the party by that point anyways).

And what was shotty's nonsense at the end claiming scum? I was sooo pissed that he did not get lynched D1, and the doctor died instead. Textbook case why you lynched shotty D1 in any game and why you lynch claimed VTs. Don't even talk to shotty, just vote him. Notice his dedication to this game and how he routinely said I'm giving this game his full attention. Then what does he do, he does jack crap all game and then places a vote down with no explanation in LYLO.

I'm guessing the AV/VV banter back and forth at the end was just to confirm you were both still online to quick hammer?

I also thought the case built on Avish was highly manufactured, but that could just be because I knew the role reveal already and saw shotty being such a dumbass. Avished - it happens. You can literally build a case on anyone in a game of mafia and twist it around and hammer at it again and again until you get them to say something really scummy under pressure.

Again, gg. I'm sorry I didn't get out in front of D3 and didn't get a chance to participate much. I've found I really enjoy replacing into newbie games in the N2/D3 phase so maybe we'll run into each other again sometime?

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #516 (isolation #6) » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:38 am

Post by xvart »

AurorusVox wrote:Heh yeah, I was careful only to push VV when his lynch was never going to happen >:)
Yeah, but I think I threw that idea on the wayside because I was just happy to see someone attacking scum. What would you have done if I had come out of the gates and said VV is scum and then I just voted and shotty never came along and voted? Would you have bussed or still directed the conversation about shotty being town?

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (isolation #7) » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:59 am

Post by xvart »

Yeah, I didn't mean I would have actually voted right out of the gate but would have been asking you if you were going to vote with me on VV and basically hypo-voting.

I'm looking forward to seeing what VV has to say. I haven't read the scum QT yet, but it is on my to-do list once I get some work done today.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (isolation #8) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:11 am

Post by xvart »

Finally read the scum QT. It's always a huge boost when you have a scum team that synergizes well, as it appears AV/VV did. How I wish shotty would have listened and not cast his vote so soon because I was interested in getting into that discussion with AV about voting for VV instead.

AV - why did you call for my lynch tomorrow after the hammer had been dropped? Just for fun?

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (isolation #9) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:12 pm

Post by xvart »

When I saw your votes I figured you two were the scum, but then sotty came in and did what he does and I was like wtf. Seriously, was shotty confusing games or was he just being flat out stupid? Does he know he lost?
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #537 (isolation #10) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:37 am

Post by xvart »

Oh no, I agree that Policy Lynching him D2 was a bad idea. But D1, there could have not been a better idea.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (isolation #11) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:26 am

Post by xvart »

I see your point, VV. And I would have been more than happy to vote him D2 because I was reading him as scum at that point in the read through; but from a policy standpoint, it just seems like bad news bears to be lynching someone maybe town or prob town to put it into LYLO. Although, yes, you are right about him jumping the gun and lesson learned. Lynch shotty no matter when and under any circumstances. :)
I only read quote walls.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”