Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:24 am

Post by Trendall »

Woah, how many SEs? I thought this was Newbie 1053, not SE 1053.

Anyway, hello everyone. I'm Trendall, and I'm extremely busy for the next couple of days, but come Tuesday this game will get my undivided attention. Until then, I'll read along and post whenever I get a free moment.

So, questions...
1) What is everybody's timezone?
GMT, but my sleeping pattern is so erratic and unpredictable that I could end up posting at absolutely any time.
2) What is your mafia experience here and elsewhere?
Here, I've been in three newbie games, and also a Mini game that I replaced out of fairly quickly because everyone was far more interested in flaming each other than actually playing mafia. I've also played on private forums with friends, in real life, and a couple of hundred games over at epicmafia.
3) About how often can we expect you to post?
Whenever I have something important to say. I don't tend to just post for the sake of posting, but I should be pretty swift in addressing things when there's a need to.
4) How long do you expect your posts to be?
As clear and to the point as I can possibly make them.
5) Do you prefer either informative roles (such as cop) or protective/active roles (such as doc)?
They are both lovely in their own ways.
6) Do you prefer to play town or scum?
I've not been scum on this site yet, but from experience elsewhere I enjoy them both. Catching lying scum is satisfying, as is lying through your teeth as scum and getting away with it.
7) Hot dogs or hamburgers?
Hamburgers by a small margin
8) Are you scum?
Nope
9) Did you answer all these questions seriously?
Yep
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (isolation #1) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:01 am

Post by Trendall »

Answers to the other guy's questions...

1) Are you having fun yet?
A little, yes
2) Chocolate or vanilla?
Definitely chocolate
3) How many Mafia games have you played (here or elsewhere)?
Too many to count
4) Lynch all Liars?
Yep. I pretty much apply this line of thinking to my real life too.
5) Math or Sports?
Maths is far more fun.
6) Lynch all Lurkers?
Nope. Posting frequency bears no relevance to a person's alignment.
7) What do you think of the RVS?
I'm completely indifferent to it.

To those of you who are asking the questions...have you gained any information of note regarding people's behaviour or alignment so far? Not that I think you necessarily should have done, just asking. Nothing wrong with icebreakers to get the game moving.
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (isolation #2) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:35 am

Post by Trendall »

I can never understand the animosity towards the RQS/RVS. How else are you supposed to start a game?
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (isolation #3) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:14 am

Post by Trendall »

I'm here
Maxous wrote:@Trendall: Have you learned anything from these random questions?
Nothing immediate, but stuff like 'what is your past experience?' should come in handy later on. I kinda agree with ConSpiracy's point against Nobody Special's 'maybe' answer to the 'are you mafia?' questions. Seems like mafia might put a joke as a response to that question to go out of their way to show they're not feeling self-conscious about answering it, but I dunno, it's a minor point.
ConSpiracy wrote:So, since there is hardly any discussion coming up:

@ bacon: Do you think Akira's anger in post #39 is fake?
@ Nobody special: Let's say a day vig would vig scum jediknight, who would be his scumpartner?
@ jediknight: Why aren't you voting for Maxous, despite the good reason to vote for him?
@ Maxous: Which strategy wil you use this time to win as scum?
@ LordChronos: If you were a one shot vig who has to use his kill right now, who would you kill?
@ wredfar: Although Nobody special is scum, do you think he is doing his IC task without taking into account his alignment?
@ Trendall: Can we make an agreement to start up a bandwagon on LordChronos?
@ Akira: Why aren't you voting for me?

I demand answers of at least 10 words. If somebody doesn't respond as demanded a policy lynch will occur.
This post confuses me. I'm not sure why you've addressed those specific questions to those specific people. For example, the thing about Akira's anger; why is that directed at just bacon and not the whole town? To answer your question - why do you want a bandwagon on LordChronos, and why do you want me specifically to join it?
bacon wrote: I'd have to say Akria's anger seemed a tad bit overdone. Mostly due to the use of both "god damn" and "WTF", as well as the two question marks.
However Akria may just be a bit high strung naturally and question marks can be put in twice by accident.
Right now I don't feel I have enough information to make a judgement on Akria.
This whole answer just seems weird to me, especially the bolded bit. Given the context of the sentence, 'Maybe he wasn't angry and just put two question marks by mistake' just doesn't make sense. It seems to me here that bacon and Akira are maf partners, and bacon's not really known what the right answer to 'was he faking his anger?' is. So, he's gone 'well yeah, he was angry, but on the other hand, he might not have been angry. Actually, I dunno'. He's said nothing definitive about Akria at all, but just gave a very neutral, on-the-fence answer as if he's trying not to implicate Akira in any way.

-----------------

The only other thing of note is that I don't LordChronos trying to pick apart Maxous's vote, and then the vote on Maxous shortly after. Especially as the whole argument against Maxous was simply based on semantics. I don't like how jediknight jumped on it either. I thought it was kinda obvious that Maxous was only voting to get the game moving, seeing as it has come to a complete standstill after everyone had answered the questions.

-----------------

So yeah, that's everything that I've got negative vibes from so far. I know I've fossed pretty much everyone in the town, but still...
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (isolation #4) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:47 am

Post by Trendall »

I'm not answering until I know why you're asking.
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (isolation #5) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:14 pm

Post by Trendall »

@LordChronos - Where's the inconsistency? When Maxous used the word 'random', he didn't mean random in the literal sense of the word. His intended meaning was different to the one that you perceived to be the meaning, and thus Maxous wasn't the one who created the contradiction. He's been saying the same thing all along, just in different words.

I agree with bacon in that ConSpiracy isn't really offering much himself but is instead trying to persuade the town to attack each other, which is never a good sign. I'd like to hear more from him.
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (isolation #6) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:38 am

Post by Trendall »

So you pick somebody random to start a bandwagon on, and then declare me scummy for being skeptical of the reasoning behind that bandwagon?

Plus, in Nobody Special's answer, I am seeing absolutely nothing that suggests he is 'eager to find connections'. He made a connection because you asked him to, and then went on to say that it was just a gut feeling and it was too early to be making partner assumptions. What you've done here is lured Nobody Special into making a connection between two people, and then having done that, accused him of being scum for making connections. Don't like it.

VOTE: ConSpiracy
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (isolation #7) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:14 am

Post by Trendall »

LordChronos, what is your opinion on ConSpiracy?
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (isolation #8) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:13 am

Post by Trendall »

ConSpiracy wrote: Trendall, what is your opinion of the other things that are said to be scummy?
(i.e. about NS and jedi)
Neither of them have done anything that I've found scummy yet.
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (isolation #9) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:03 am

Post by Trendall »

LordChronos wrote: So you don't find jedi's L-1 vote scummy?
What's scummy about it?
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (isolation #10) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:30 pm

Post by Trendall »

ConSpiracy starts flailing around, trying to get votes off of himself.
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (isolation #11) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:45 pm

Post by Trendall »

Hello. I'm here. Will be catching up tomorrow.
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (isolation #12) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:12 am

Post by Trendall »

Wredfar, why didn't you put in a vote at all yesterday?
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (isolation #13) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:48 am

Post by Trendall »

Personally, not very much. I think the fact that his vote eventually landed on Jediknight outweighs the things he did that I thought were scummy day one. I don't think he'd bus his partner on day one like that after his vote was jumping around so much.
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (isolation #14) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:39 pm

Post by Trendall »

Things that I found relevant on rereading day one

-------------------

28 - Maxous votes for scum JediKnight. Makes him look town.

35 - jediknight accuses Maxous based on a very tentative, semantics driven argument. This doesn't seem like a bus at all to me, but rather one mafia trying to pick up a bandwagon, which suggests Maxous is town

42 - I don't like this post by wredfar at all. I don't see why Nobody's Special contradiction (the disliking the RVS and then placing a random vote thing) is remotely relevant. Fine, it's a contradiction, but people contradict themselves all the time regardless of whether they're town or scum. I don't see how placing a random vote as mafia would benefit him at all; if anything it just draws more attention to him, which scum don't want. As for Maxous, he didn't contradict himself at all; he just worded something fuzzily. wredfar then goes on to to say he suspects Nobody Special more for a reason that doesn't make sense to me. If Nobody is more experienced, then surely he's less likely to make mistakes like that, and therefore his 'mistake' is less likely to be a genuine mafia mistake than simply a misunderstanding.

47 - Akira's vote on Maxous seems more like a rage vote than anything else. Don't really know what to make of this, but I don't think mafia would be this clumsy.

51 - I like this post by wredfar. ConSpiracy asks him a question that has nothing to do with anything, and wredfar points out that it's irrelevant and expresses a desire to go back to scumhunting.

52 - jediknight fosses Maxous again. Now we know jediknight was mafia, Maxous looks really really town here.

65 - Still don't like ConSpiracy fossing me for refusing to answer an irrelevant question

73 - Don't like this. Nobody Special tries to point out a non-existent contradiction between ConSpiracy calling him scum and not wanting to discredit him as an IC.

81 - wredfar is still suspicious of NS for something that happened like two pages ago, and contributes nothing else.

84 - Huge filler post. This reads to me as mafia wanting to contribute but not really knowing what to say.

86 - LordChronos starts bandwagon on jediknight

100 - wredfar is still suspicious of NS for something that happened like four pages ago, and contributes nothing else. Makes a kind of OMGUS argument against Nobody Special.

110 - Again, don't like this from wredfar. NS points out he's lurking, and wredfar effectively goes 'I don't care because nobody's gonna lynch me for it'.

114 - Given how haphazardly wredfar's been playing up until this post, I don't think he'd suddenly come out with a clever and cunning fos on jediknight. Makes him look a hell of a lot more town.

125 - jedi's main fos is ConSpiracy. This suggests CS is town.

127 - Akira doesn't want to vote for ConSpiracy, but instead votes for his second suspect, who is jediknight. No way mafia would bus like this.

155 - Very protown post.

157 - bacon hammers on JediKnight. No way bacon's mafia, considering that he could have easily not posted and forced a no lynch, or pushed for a CS lynch.

-------

So, at the end of day one:

Town :D
Maxous
Akira
bacon
Trendall

Probably town :)
ConSpiracy
wredfar

Probably not town :(
Nobody Special

To be honest, I never found Nobody Special all that scummy day one, but by process of elimination based on who looks town to me, he's my top suspect right now. Plus, as far as I can find from doing an iso of jediknight, he didn't make any mention of Nobody Special or his opinion on Nobody Special once during day one. Looks to me like mafia trying to avoid each other. I need to look through what's happened today, and then I'll be caught up.
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (isolation #15) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:10 am

Post by Trendall »

AS IF. I come back to see if anyone's replied to my day one analysis, and catch up with day two, and the game's over. Wow. Well played everybody.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”