Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:59 am

Post by Maxous »

Ah, this has started early. I have noticed there are 4 SE's playing!

It's my second game on the site and I have played a few games on other sites so I
might
have an idea of what I am doing.
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (isolation #1) » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:39 am

Post by Maxous »

Okay well I am GMT, I stated my experience and I should post daily unless stated otherwise.

Lynch all Liars? - yes
Lynch all Lurkers? - No, depends on the circumstance
Nobody Special wrote: I'll post my answers soon, or after everyone, depending on consensus.
As a light warning I tend to get paranoid about posts like this as it sounds like you are intentionally following the crowd- which is a practical mafia strategy on day 1.
NS also stated his dislike for random voting...and then randomly voted :I
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (isolation #2) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:18 am

Post by Maxous »

Hmm it's hard to get suspicions from questions.
I was surprised JediKnight only answered the questions and did'nt really question or ask anything else. There was a bit of material there.
I got nothing better to go on....
Vote lynch:JediKnight
(Random BTW)
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (isolation #3) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:17 pm

Post by Maxous »

LordChronos wrote: How can it be random if you are voting him because of his non-initiative? Also, why not vote Nobody Special, who you expressed suspicion of earlier?
Okay, I don't literally mean random but I don't seriously think he is mafia based on it, it's just if I had to pick out someone so far that would be my guess. So I said random as it's more a light-hearted accusation because I wanted to get the game moving somehow with a vote.
In short I voted for the sake of voting to help along the game and that was the best reason I had at the time.

As for NS - if I vote every time I have a slight suspicion on somebody for something they say I will end up with a countless amount of votes :p
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (isolation #4) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:55 pm

Post by Maxous »

I was'nt attempting to bandwagon.
LordChronos wrote: Also, your vote on JediKnight is based on a slight suspicion. By your logic in this post, you shouldn't have voted him either.
I explained I voted with the main intention of moving the game along. Which has worked I guess.

@Trendall: Have you learned anything from these random questions?
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (isolation #5) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:34 am

Post by Maxous »

Okay, this is causing unneccesary confusion.
My thought process for post #28 was -
The random questions that everyone was answering was going nowhere.(Apart from Conspiracy's accusation)
So I might as well place one of these random votes to try and help the game along and get reactions from people to generate game conversation. So I looked at page 1 and saw that JediKnight only answered the random questions and did'nt really attempt to ask other questions or comment on anything said, even though there were a couple of comments made. The other 2 people are playing the game for the first time so that was to be expected.
So I guessed that maybe JediKnight was waiting for others to take the lead and just follow along. As I said, that was the best lead I could think of for somebody to be mafia.
*But* I am not seriously accusing him as mafia because that is a very weak reason to have a proper case on someone. So I added that 'random' part to show that it was not a serious case/accusation against him. I was more looking to see what he would say in reaction. And I certainly was'nt campaigning for him to be lynched at this stage.

That turned out long..but hopefully that will avoid any further misunderstandings about that post =)
And I'm confused as to how it was I attempted to appease the town.
Akira wrote:@Max, could you tell me your role in your past games and the result of the game? No links needed.
Mafia. We won.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (isolation #6) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:23 am

Post by Maxous »

LordChronos wrote: Maxous, do you think that JediKnight's passivity is scummier than Nobody Special saying he doesn't like RVS then random voting?
At the time you asked the question I would of said yes. However NS' latest comment sure did'nt ease concerns about him...at all.
Akira wrote: @Max: Since you're not helping, UNVOTE: VOTE: Max I'd like those roles and results along with a good reason for that blunt reply in your last post.
I played one game on this site, I was on the mafia team and we won.
Unless you are asking about the games not on this site? If that was the case, then I misunderstood the question.
Just in case,I played doctor(won), Vig(won),Cop(lost),Yakuza(lost),Roleblocker(won)...that's all I can think of.

@Conspiracy: I am not mafia...now extending my answer to be 10 words long
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (isolation #7) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:33 am

Post by Maxous »

wredfar wrote: We should be discussing if hes scum, not if he's a good IC.
Yep, yep. Exactly.

@Bacon: Any thoughts on the other players of the game?Anyone you think is mafia? Anybody you have a town feeling from?
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (isolation #8) » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:16 am

Post by Maxous »

Nobody Special wrote: @ConS: Any response to this?

Vote: ConSpiracy
Please clearly explain the reason(s) for this.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (isolation #9) » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:28 am

Post by Maxous »

First NS votes without giving a reason. When asked the reason it is because he feels that CS as mafia is trying to paint others as mafia- highlighting his 'NS is scum' and 'did'nt want to discredit you at all' comments.
NS then seems to accept CS' explanation but still think's CS is scum. So the reason left seems to be, it is because CS is mafia trying to paint others as mafia - instead of an attempt to find mafia.
Yet this was'nt mentioned on his post when he voted. He did'nt feel the need to explain why he was putting a second vote on someone?
I am sceptical of NS' reasoning of voting for CS and I feel his vote could of been opportunistic after Trendall's.
So
fos: on NS

I am not voting yet as there are a couple of players I have not got a proper read on yet.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (isolation #10) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:27 am

Post by Maxous »

bacon wrote: My suspicion of Akira and Max has dropped since my last post here.
Why? What did we say to make you less suspicious of us?
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (isolation #11) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:07 pm

Post by Maxous »

Hmm

@Jediknight: Apart from CS who do you think is mafia or the most suspicious? Anyone at all?
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (isolation #12) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:43 am

Post by Maxous »

Hmm I felt it was appropriate that Wredfar pointed out that CS was at L-1 before our moderator got here to avoid a possible reckless hammering. NS' statement that Wredfar is 'active lurking' is plausible, however Wredfar remains low on my suspicion at this moment in time. I am taking into consideration that this is his first forum game.
Bacon is a real humpty-dumpty here. I am unsure about his reasoning for voting CS and his gut feeling about myself and Akira being less suspicious. Espicially since we only had one meaningful post each in between his post of stating he suspects us and then the post where he does'nt suspect us as much anymore.When asked he states " I'm still keeping my eye on you". That came across as scummy to me. Also:
bacon wrote: @everyone- I agree that Wredfar seems suspicious as well, and should possibly be another one of our suspects.
Why? The apparent lurking?
I have previously posted my suspicion on Nobody Special. He seems suspicious of Wredfar but I'm not sure if that's genuine. A new person not saying much can be an easy case for a mafia member to jump on. His last statement was scummy in my opinion
Nobody Special wrote: Did you and ConSpiracy cook up any strategies pre-game?
Unneccesary comment as town. Trying to make a link between them?
My main suspect is Jediknight. He has'nt been questioning anybody about thier posts or thoughts. The only time he did was a direct reaction to myself voting for him. Otherwise he has just answered questions directed towards him with the exception of one post in which he voted for CS for a reason that I do not like. He did'nt post previous suspicions or direct a question towards CS before or after the vote. I don't feel that he is looking for mafia, because I think he is one. I would vote for Jediknight right now- however as it turns out, I already have my vote on him :)
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (isolation #13) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:20 am

Post by Maxous »

Hmm okay.

@Wredfar: Who do you think is mafia apart from Nobody Special? Any suspects?
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (isolation #14) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:34 pm

Post by Maxous »

wredfar wrote:My second suspect would be Jedi. It seems to me that he just goes with the crowd (his vote on con for example).
What is your opinion on CS and the case against him?
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (isolation #15) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:08 pm

Post by Maxous »

ConSpiracy wrote:If you are scumteam with wred and you connect me with him, you can set up a nice trap on me if wred is lynched.
I see that as unlikely to be honest.

Anyway I feel that CS is town here, if he is mafia he has sure risked a lot of unneccesary negative attention on himself. It would be reckless for a mafia to play that way in my opinion. I don't agree with all of his ideas of how to find mafia but I beleive he was genuinely trying to get the game flowing when it was stuttering and trying to find mafia in his own way.I don't agree with the reasons given for voting him. I have also noticed that my top suspects are voting for him.
Anyway I hope I have made my position clear earlier. I would like to see Jedikinight lynched, I beleive he is a mafia member.
I will also support a lynch on Nobody Special as I am also highly suspicious of him, although Jediknight is my preference. I have doubts about Bacon and Wredfar but not enough to support a lynch against them.
With that, I will announce that I am
V/LA from the 4'th to the 7'th
. I will post on the 7'th if the day is still in progress by then.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (isolation #16) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:10 pm

Post by Maxous »

Bleh I meant
V/LA from the 3'rd to the 7'th.

Sorry for any confusion! :oops:
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (isolation #17) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:01 am

Post by Maxous »

Akira wrote:
wredfar wrote:Akira: that's not what I said. I'm not postin much because I didn't have much to say. I was just telling NS that he was wasting his time with that lurking comment.
Okay, I agree. Post 100 wasn't very clear but I see what you mean now.

I'm not going to lynch Con right here and now, so I might as well go with my second suspect. Nobody Special hasn't done anything else after the random vote which I regard as scummy. Other than that I'm starting to dislike jediknight's playstyle. It feels like his only interest is not being suspected, clearly scummy.
Hmm so Conspiracy is your main suspect and was at L-1 but you did'nt want to lynch him and instead voted for Jediknight.
Could you please elaborate on why you did'nt want to lynch Conspiracy then.

@Trendall: Who is your opther suspects for mafia apart from Conspiracy?
bacon wrote:Sorry that I haven't been keeping up activity. That wasn't good of me. Anyway I am still suspicious of CS. However there is a lot more suspicious activity going on so I'm going to do this until I know for sure.
UNVOTE: ConSpiracy
Interesting. What activity?
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (isolation #18) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:42 am

Post by Maxous »

Oh you might as well go with who
was
your second suspect.
I misunderstood, okay
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (isolation #19) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:43 am

Post by Maxous »

Ignored the "turned"....typo
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (isolation #20) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:45 am

Post by Maxous »

Oh god, and then another typo. That was meant to be 'ignore'
And now I am spamming due to correcting my grammar! :/
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (isolation #21) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:21 am

Post by Maxous »

@Bacon and Trendall: To bring up the elephant in the room, how suspicious are you of Conspiracy now considering Jediknight's flip?
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (isolation #22) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:37 am

Post by Maxous »

bacon wrote:Let's see LordChronos voted for Akira in RVS. Then voted for Max for a point before switching to jedi until jedi got lynched.
Okay. And have you learned anything from this? Does his suspicions before he died make anyone more suspicious to you?
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (isolation #23) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:43 pm

Post by Maxous »

Akira wrote:
Nobody Special wrote:Well, do I really need to restate my case? (Hint: I will, if you want.)

Vote: ConSpiracy
So, nothing to say regarding jedi's flip? Even his L-1 vote?

I'm actually leaning towards wredfar now. I can't believe I didn't notice earlier that he has never voted!
All he did on D1 was throw suspicion at random people, only to forget about it in his next post
. Let's put an end to this.
VOTE: wredfar
Re-reading Wredfar's posts(not very many admitally), his suspicions were consistent nor did he "forget" any suspicions - he mentioned his suspicion of Nobody Special in nearly every post.
Though his non-voting is indeed somewhat suspicious.(espicially considering he suspected Jediknight)
Hmm I'm not comfortable with the underlined part of that reasoning for the vote.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (isolation #24) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:15 pm

Post by Maxous »

I have mentioned my suspicions of Nobody Special a couple of times, I also thought his comment about Jediknight was last minute bussing - considering how late in the day the comment was. Also:
Nobody Special wrote: @Everyone NOT voting ConSpiracy: Why not? Please try to convince me he's town (good luck with that).
A quote like this does not come across as town to me. Instead of convincing us(the town) that Conspiracy is the scummiest person in the game he puts the onus on the town to either explain why Conspiracy is innocent or lynch him. That is another example of himself trying to put pressure on those not voting Conspiracy to do so - highlighted by referring to Bacon as scummy the moment he removed his vote off Conspiracy - instead of convincing explaining why CS was mafia. He ignored LC's request for the case against CS to be summarised.
His day 2 actions while not particulary scummy in my eyes have'nt done anything to change my mind while my other suspects have done a bit to look more town. I'm still not entirely comfortable with Bacon's 3 votes being a "I agree" vote, but he is playing his first game.
Trendall may also have played cleverly as mafia changing his suspicions to Nobody Special. I don't really get the case on Wredfar :/
But I feel confident that NS is mafia and everyone has given thier stance on who they are most suspicious of(Trendall's list was particulary useful)
So lets find out :)
VOTE: Nobody Special
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (isolation #25) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:07 am

Post by Maxous »

Nice game everyone. The town done well. It really helped the game that in general the townies did not seem overly suspicious. As Trendall said, finding Nobody Special was as much of a case of elimination, as him having scummy actions. Managing to find a mafia on day one was huge and took a lot of the pressure and paranoia off.
bacon wrote:Honestly I voted for Jedi because I thought Jedi was suspicious. I hadn't said so just in case Jedi could explain, so I didn't want to cause Jedi to panic and not give any information. But he wasn't giving any good answers to you guys.

In the end I was afraid that I wouldn't have time to get on the next few days and didn't want a no lynch because of that. So I decided to end it a couple days early so we wouldn't let someone who was looking pretty scummy get away.
Hmm interesting. I suspected you a bit because you did'nt mention much of your suspicion but in hindsight that was a good idea. And I'm glad you decided to push the lynch through :)
CS if you want to wait for an answer from somebody you suspect I reccomend that you remove your own vote from that person rather than relying on others not to vote.
In my eyes anyway, if someone gives a case against somebody followed by a vote they are sending the message to the town of 'I am ready for this person to be lynched'. Thankfully it did'nt become an issue in this game but that may cause confusion in a different one.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”