Newbie 1085 - A Mafia Named Town (Game Over!)

Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #15 (isolation #0) » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:45 am

Post by Faraday »

Hello, my name is Faraday and I’m going to be your IC for this
bloodbath
game of mafia.

As an IC I should be following this as much as possible. You don’t really need to read that, but it’s a good idea if you want to know what to expect from me this game. I will be treating this like a normal game, for the most part, except I’ll try to explain myself more than I usually would so you can at least see my thought process.

I’m not familiar with you, so could you please let me know your previous experience with mafia either on this site or another? Thanks in advance, a lot of my games are on my wiki, if you want to check.

If you haven’t read the wiki, you should. If you have please note that a lot of the articles should be taken with a large pinch of salt, some are pretty bad, in my opinion. http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?tit ... _big_plays. This however is a really, really good guide. It’s long but well worth a read, for new and not so new players alike.

Other than that, I don’t think there’s a whole lot more needs to be said. Any questions don’t hesitate to ask, there’s no such thing as a dumb question (well, there is, but you never know until you ask, do you?)

- - -
Now that that IC’ing portion is out of the way on with the game.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:47 am

Post by Faraday »

Herodez wrote:Oh, OK.

Vote: Ghostlin
Is there any particular reason you voted for Ghostlin as opposed someone else?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #18 (isolation #2) » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:08 am

Post by Faraday »

I'm aware of that, I'm asking was there any reason you chose one over the other? Or didn't vote someone completely new, even.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #23 (isolation #3) » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:35 am

Post by Faraday »

...wait was that a fucking quickhammer?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #24 (isolation #4) » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:37 am

Post by Faraday »

Never mind, twistedspoon is at L-1. Thomith had you read the thread and were aware you were putting TS at L-1?

Suki why did you choose to put your votes on someone who'd already had 2 votes? Was it truly random?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #31 (isolation #5) » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:27 am

Post by Faraday »

Vote Twistedsoon
He's rubbing me the wrong way so far. Also find it mildly scummy he didn't comment on his wagon. Let's add a vote to it.

@ Thomith and Suki please make sure and read the thread, or at least know the vote count before voting. We don't need any sloppy hammers, I'm a fan of quick days but 2 pages is a little short even for me.

Gent (is that an okay abbreviation?) could you explain your vote a little more, do you think thomith's vote was scum motivated to try and get an early quicklynch?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #33 (isolation #6) » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:40 am

Post by Faraday »

You don't find being at L-1 to be somewhat serious? You don't ask the players why the voted for you? Not even sheer curiousity over the fact lots of people decided to random vote you?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #39 (isolation #7) » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:52 pm

Post by Faraday »

gentileschi wrote:Faraday, "gent" is fine with me. This early in the game, I don't have any strong reasons to suspect that Thomith's vote was scum motivated, but RVS would be a brilliant time to get a quick lynch in and then blow it off D2 as the result of a newb mistake or absent-minded enthusiasm. Also, and I may be reaching here, if Thomith was town and concerned for town's welfare, he could still have acted on his (playful?) suspicions regarding SEs by voting Ghostlin instead, but he didn't.

FOS
: TS for wishy-washy posts. TS, you say that you think the bandwagon was an honest mistake, but then you supplement that with contradictory statements about suspicions.
Awesome, I shall use that then. I don't really think it's more likely scum motivated than a lack of paying attention really, I mean it does have some scum motive, but sloppiness is more likely than scum trying for a quicklynch (this would assume if he was scum that someone would hammer, or his buddy would if he wasn't on the wagon).

Is your fos on ts due to him being on 3 votes and not wanting to suspect him or due to the fact you prefer your current vote more? (It's hard to tell)
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #40 (isolation #8) » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:53 pm

Post by Faraday »

I don't like post #34 ftr. You're going to hold it against them in lylo (which means its slightly scummy) but not now. You don't need a rock solid case. i dunno, I don't see much scumhunting in your play, you read to me as mafia uninterested at the moment (or at least uninterested in faking scumhunting, not in the game itself I should clarify)
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #41 (isolation #9) » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:56 pm

Post by Faraday »

Ghostlin wrote:
Thomith wrote:well... last game (the game of many lurkers and every spot, including the mod spot got replaced) and i fosed this SE then they started acting Protown and made us lynch a lurker and then they turned out to be scum.

SE's cant be trusted D:
Honestly, if you're not willing to consider even your teacher, the IC, scum, you're not doing this right. SEs and ICs are here to help you to show how the game is played. Best way to do this is to try to win it.

Faraday: you seem concerned with TS's lack of concern about a page 2 L-1. Do you think scum was hopping on for a quick bus before anyone noticed what happened?
Whats the point of the first sentence? Or could you re-phrase it?

And I think I've been clear, I elaborated more recently, i don't find the quickvotes scummy, really, I'd think twistedspoon should have and I
probably
would have in his case definitely.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #43 (isolation #10) » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:05 pm

Post by Faraday »

Yes, no is V/la (Hi btw, you replaced my samurai role in a marathon game it seems?). Fair answer.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #46 (isolation #11) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:28 am

Post by Faraday »

Early read of paranoid newb town on thomith for the moment. Being burned by an Se/IC and then suspecting them in the next game seems more like town paranoia than anything else.

---

It's
never
too early to scumhunt. Seriously you can't ignore scummy things that happen on day 1.

I'm looking forward to Ghostlin's next post.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #49 (isolation #12) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:38 am

Post by Faraday »

Ghostlin wrote: Here's the rephrase: Any single newbie player, any single SE and the single IC in this game have all an equal chance of being scum. You're doing yourselves and Town a disservice if you don't suspect all of us, particularly since the best way for us to teach you is to play to the win condition in front of us to the best of our ability.

In other words, just because I'm an SE in a newbie game doesn't mean I won't play to my win condition. I expect TS and Faraday to do as well. If you don't call us on stuff and we're scum, Town will not be able to win the game.

There's my educational moment.
Oh I 100% agree. This isn't a 'fake' game I'm here to explain things that need to be explain and otherwise play to win. I won't say play as normal as I change my playstyle for newbie games, but yes everyone here is playing to win.
Faraday: I know he's waffling sort of and not scumhunting the suspects in front of him, but I'm wondering if it's anti-town (which is why I'm comfortable with where my vote is) or if it's just a 'I don't want to kick up dirt/create a fuss' part of human nature that folks tend to have, even on the internet in a game like this. That being said...
Anti town and not scummy? I'd lean towards it being the second actually, I think townies are more likely to kick up a fuss about things like that. I mean it varies according to the player, I suppose, and I'll get around to meta'ing TS eventually anyway but I'm still comfortable with my vote.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #50 (isolation #13) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:39 am

Post by Faraday »

Thomith
who is scum?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #52 (isolation #14) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:33 am

Post by Faraday »

You're fos'ing Gent and keeping your vote on someone else though, are you not?

Also no_xs is V/la as indicated by the mod.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #57 (isolation #15) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:37 am

Post by Faraday »

Kadersalad wrote:I see we are rollin, not really seeing anything yet though that stands out. How bout we play....say....the question game. Everybody is invited.
What do you feel any of those questions will add to scumhunting, or help more than the previous few pages? No comments on the quick wagon votes, no gut feelings, no nothing on the game so far? Same question as Thosmith, who is scum?

As for your questions, I feel they could derail the momentum of the game, so I'll put the answers in spoiler tags.

Spoiler:
Interesting personality trait? I'm very impulsive.

As for newb and good, newb is just new. I disagree with your characterisation of a good player as I said impulsive, I work on gut vibes and have found myself reasonably accurate, better than random anyway.

No catch all policy, read the Vi aricle I linked I agree with it, there's nothing that works. I like to lynch all scum if possible

If people
are
going to answer these questions could they at least make sure they're posting game relevant content too? Let's try not to get bogged down in fluff.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #60 (isolation #16) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:39 am

Post by Faraday »

While I don't think there's any harm learning about the players, these questions look like a way to replace scumhunting and in my experience random questions are useless like that (they just bog the thread down, and I have refused to answer questions to kickstart games in the past). Why do you think TS is most likely scum at this stage?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #62 (isolation #17) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:00 am

Post by Faraday »

Kadersalad wrote:I don't. It was a RVS decision. And no I'm not scumhunting.
Why aren't you scumhunting? Do you have
no
suspects what so ever? :?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #64 (isolation #18) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:00 am

Post by Faraday »

Kadersalad wrote:
Faraday wrote:While I don't think there's any harm learning about the players, these questions look like a way to replace scumhunting and in my experience random questions are useless like that (they just bog the thread down, and I have refused to answer questions to kickstart games in the past). Why do you think TS is most likely scum at this stage?
Faraday wrote:
Kadersalad wrote:I don't. It was a RVS decision. And no I'm not scumhunting.
So you are against kickstarting games, you don't like answering questions, and you want people to do the scumhunting for you. Sounds Fishy :?

No I have no suspects. I'm waiting for everybody to finish answering my questions Then I start scumhunting.
This is silly. Why can't you scumhunt while you wait for people to answer the questions? This is another reason why answering questions is a poor way to kickstart the game, really from my point of view, people become wrapped up in the important of their own questions more so than needed.

I've literally no idea how you can read my posts, and think I'm against kickstarting games (specifically since I stated answering questions was done TO kickstart the game i.e. the opposite of what you said). Yes, I don't like answering pointless questions. There's a key difference there, I think. And I'm scumhunting just fine? What posts have mine have given you the impression I want people to do it for me? I think it's pretty clear I'm doing the opposite here.

Oh, and it sounds fishy? Well I suppose when it would the way you put it, but that's not really a fair portrayal of my actions
at all

If you're not taking positions on players I will ask you questions in an effort to get you to do so. This is scumhunting. I want you to scumhunt if your town and fake it if you're scum so I can get a read on you, this is not me asking you to scumhunt for me.
Off Topic Stuff: I hope you told your mom Happy Mother's Day today sonny :wink:
Of course. Also bought her chocolates and flowers.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #65 (isolation #19) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:05 am

Post by Faraday »

tl'dr for the above is where you are you getting :
So you are against kickstarting games, you don't like answering questions, and you want people to do the scumhunting for you. Sounds Fishy
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #77 (isolation #20) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:09 am

Post by Faraday »

TS still happy with your vote?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #91 (isolation #21) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:00 am

Post by Faraday »

If you're going to vote someone for pressure, saying 'it's for pressure' negates most of the pressure from the vote. This is why unexplained votes can be useful, scum may panick and wonder why you're voting them, townies may too, of course, but learning to read the intent behind posts is the key.

I don't like the kaderslad votes, he's town. Discuss.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #92 (isolation #22) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:05 am

Post by Faraday »

TS and KS both have useless votes out, however I think KS's reaction to my questioning looks quite sincere. I've no idea what type of person he is, but I think his reaction to my pressure, i.e. sticking to his guns even though he knows I'm calling him scummy is more likely to make him town, for a new player speaking from experience having an IC question you can be sort of intimidating.

Hiplop do you have a secondary suspect as opposed to kaderslad? See this is why the questions are largely useless, it gives scum an easy bedding in ground for their first post, like if Hiplop is scum those questions are the perfect environment for him to 'settle in' to the game.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #93 (isolation #23) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:09 am

Post by Faraday »

I'd like to see more from thomith and no_xs. Buck up people! You need to be scumhunting, probe at posts. If you're having trouble getting reads try and re-read the thread, take notes, try a few different things untill you find something else. (I personally find notes useless, but whatever works for you)

An active game is good for town here. I feel like I'm directing the flow of the conversation and it's a bit new to me (read my games if you want to know what I mean, I'm not usually this wordy as I said) so let's have more people contribute. New ideas being brought to the table are a good thing.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #96 (isolation #24) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:33 am

Post by Faraday »

hiplop wrote:Secondary suspect would be no__xs, this is just a guess, and im still not familiar with names, but i think it could be no_xs
You can always check the first post :P

Why though?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #98 (isolation #25) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:39 pm

Post by Faraday »

Are you talking about a question I asked, or Ks's 3rd question? If you mean his it's pretty null, people ask that sort of thing all the time. There's also pro town reasons to get people to answer such a question, I'd argue. They're not hard to figure out why, I think you're approaching this from 'Why would he do this as scum' and fitting your answer to that to some degree. I think it's really very null.

Gent's prob town I'd say. Early posts were good, last one's a bit regurgitative but that's not a huge deal. Also that looks like taylor swift in his/her avatar :D
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #101 (isolation #26) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:21 pm

Post by Faraday »

Twistedspoon wrote: here's motivation to scumhunt my friend,
VOTE: Kadersalad
Maybe not 'useless' but it's certainly weak. As is ANY vote telling someone to buck up. You turn the pressure up and see if they do it of their own accord. I've already said that 'I'm voting you to pressure you' removes almost all pressure from the vote, and this is sort of a ... um what's the word variant of that. You see where I'm coming for with this? I don't think it's scummy, just a bad way to scumhunt (I think TS is scummy for independent reasons, atm)

I'm more than willing to let him talk for himself, but if I have a town read on someone I will defend them. I strongly believe in hunting scum by process of eliimination.

(As for your avatar (almost sure it is) : http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p2870715 (a hydra account with me proposing to someone while drunk for using taylor swift lyrics. ) But yeah, I think you're town anyway. I like your posts for the most part and you seem honestly trying to scumhunt.

Hiplop could you maybe list 2/3 reasons you think the people are scum are scum? It doesn't matter if they've already been said, I'd like to hear which ones in particular you agree with (and also maybe why you find it's scummy if it's not obvious)
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #106 (isolation #27) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:36 am

Post by Faraday »

i'm sick. yeah. v/la i guess, or at best incoherent posts.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #112 (isolation #28) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:15 am

Post by Faraday »

I like what Jerako is doing, although bear in mind people NOT giving opinions is often as informative as their opinions, something to bear in mind, it's sometimes better to wait it out and see if they'll give one themselves.

Thanks for the well wishes, get well soon too gent.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #116 (isolation #29) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:57 am

Post by Faraday »

http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p2938985 I'd like the questions here answered please, Hiplop.
Please
pay a little more attention.

I'm fine now, or at least not V/la. Lack of activity is annoying. Trying to force blood from a stone is what this feels like at times. if you're town and you're lurking you're absolutely doing it wrong. pick it up.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #129 (isolation #30) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:45 am

Post by Faraday »

fos: jerako
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #130 (isolation #31) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:47 am

Post by Faraday »

Twistedspoon wrote: hiplop? Semms town enough from what I've seen so far, but this sends of bad vibrations to me
hiplop wrote:We don't want to lynch a townie
Personally, that's exactly what i'd be saying If i were scum.
This is a very shallow analysis.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #131 (isolation #32) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:49 am

Post by Faraday »

Don't want to lynch any of [no_xs/thomith/kadersalad/gent] at the moment. THey're all town reads of varying strength.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #141 (isolation #33) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:32 am

Post by Faraday »

#137 is a lazy attempt at scumhunting. You're asking questions that have obvious answers. You keep quoting my interaction with Kader and saying 'YET HE'S A TOWN READ' you're not trying to figure out my motivations in asking the questions I ask, you're not trying to figure out my alignment as you already know. Yes I was poking at him, yes the questions were a distraction, you'll note I said that as opposed to scummy. I was trying to get more out of him. Some of the stuff you're bringing up seems like stuff you should have brought up at the time as opposed to now.

I mean take this:
Why ask him? Being that specific to a player can be used to bus sometimes. Personally, I'd have asked Kader taht question at that point in time...
is pointless. It's pretty CLEAR why I asked him, read his post before that, are you reading iso's or reading the thread in context? I don't see how could miss this.

Also me having a town read on kader is hardly 'astounding' or anything near it, just because I think he's doing it wrong doesn't make him scummy, if that was the case the game would be easy.

As for my town reads, I'm not really interested in going to much detail but all people I've mentioned seem genuine in their scumhunting (or sometimes lack of scumhunting, or inabillity to scumhunt))

If I had wanted to explain my FOS I would have done so.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #145 (isolation #34) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:16 am

Post by Faraday »

I've no idea, it would depend on who my scumbuddy was, are we saying it's you for the purpose of this exercise? Do you think this will help you determine my alignment? The main thing is would be that I'd have posted less, there's little incentive for me to drive the game on to the extent I have been as scum.

I've no idea where you're getting the 'such a good player' from, I never said that. It's not xactly the quality of your scumhunting *you're 'better than hiplop/no_xs/twosmith in 'quality reasons* I'm concerned about but the honesty and how genuine I feel you're being. I don't feel you're being genuine at the moment.

scum and bad town aren't the same...bad town are bad town. I don't even know how that's a question.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #150 (isolation #35) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:45 am

Post by Faraday »

[quote]As for my town reads, I'm not really interested in going to much detail but all people I've mentioned seem genuine in their scumhunting (or sometimes lack of scumhunting, or inabillity to scumhunt))
[/qupte]
He seems genuine in his posts, even if he's doing about zero scumhunting. He'd be filed under attempting/inable I guess if I had to categorise, I might expand a little later if I feel in the mood.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #155 (isolation #36) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:03 am

Post by Faraday »

Twistedspoon wrote:
Faraday wrote: scum and bad town aren't the same...bad town are bad town. I don't even know how that's a question.
so if a player says 'who is the doctor then?'

does that make him more likely to be bad town or scum?
No. This is a general question. I'm not answering a general question like this as it depends on multiple factors. What's the tone of the post? Who posted it? Why? Is there any town motivation?
Bad town is usually seen in scum anyways since scum aren't naturally playing as town, hence they are bad town
I disagree here, depends on the player.
What does it mean to you and why am I not genuine?
I don't get a town motivation from your posts. It's a strong gut vibe, it's how I play I'm just trying to at least express it as best I can. I've pointed out things you've done I think a townie would be less likely to do.

Are all townie's genuine? If I flip town, why therefore, would I not have been genuine?
'If' indeed. Well then I'll have been wrong and I'll assume you were genuine and I was mistaken in reading you.
Faraday wrote:I suppose, and I'll get around to meta'ing TS eventually anyway but I'm still comfortable with my vote.
Have you done this yet? I'm still interested in your findings
Not yet, probs do it this weekend.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #156 (isolation #37) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:04 am

Post by Faraday »

Actually the question wasn't that bad, it's a reasonable thing to ask someone 'would you do this as scum' the way they react is interesting (shrug)
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #157 (isolation #38) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:05 am

Post by Faraday »

Ghostlin wrote: Can being genuine be faked? How can you tell if a person's genuine, or is it gut?
True 'town genuinity' can't be faked for a full game I think. And it's gut, I guess.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #159 (isolation #39) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:16 am

Post by Faraday »

Ghostlin who should I be voting for?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #161 (isolation #40) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:33 am

Post by Faraday »

unvote vote hiplop
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #162 (isolation #41) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:34 am

Post by Faraday »

Oh and yeah, sorry I hope it didn't come off as snippy/condescending or anything I was just pointing it out that's all.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #170 (isolation #42) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:37 am

Post by Faraday »

^badposting. try again.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #173 (isolation #43) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:50 am

Post by Faraday »

I think it's a bit of both, re: two. It's like he's trying in his own weird way but it's not working.

What do you think of his 'paranoia' regarding se's Jerako?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #174 (isolation #44) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:51 am

Post by Faraday »

Why not let Ghostlin answer the question before jumping in, silly ampharos.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #177 (isolation #45) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:02 pm

Post by Faraday »

hiplop wrote:Fap has been pro-town,
When is it not? :D
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #193 (isolation #46) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:35 pm

Post by Faraday »

No one hammer . also not interested in a claim at this point.
unvote
now you can't hammer.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #196 (isolation #47) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:28 pm

Post by Faraday »

AH! You've given me the opportunity to teach! No no no no no. L-2 is absolutely
not
standard protocol to claim. You should only claim if at L-1 and someone has an expressed a desire to hammer you. Roleclaims should be a last ditch thing, not something that comes at L-1. After all you didn't claim on page 1 did you?

It's a common attitude, but I firmly believe it's wrong. This is generally speaking, if a game is lagging and it's coming to deadline this may not apply as you need to give people time to consider a claim [especially in a closed set-up more-so)

Had a busy weekend watching tv mostly will get to this properly tomorrow.

/reposted for Iso purposes.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #206 (isolation #48) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:16 am

Post by Faraday »

Jerako wrote:Is it just Newbie games that do this, or are all games prone to just stopping all the time? I'm losing interest in this game.
Depends on the playerlist. Newbie games suffer from it more. Mini theme queue is where it's at, or large theme's are cool too.

I'm getting a little frustrated here, there's too many players not giving any content and just skating by, I'm annoyed with hiplop who I know can do better from seeing him play offsite, no_xs has been low on content too.

The modding alt is for my large theme games, btw. It's so me and my co-mod can access it.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #207 (isolation #49) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:17 am

Post by Faraday »

My unvote was pretty clear, I didn't want someone hammering him prematurely.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #208 (isolation #50) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:19 am

Post by Faraday »

Oh yeah, sorry I don't actually think Hiplop was scum either, and really never did, just wanted to see what happened. Hiplop's pretty null actually. I suppose he's not a bad lynch POE wise.

Gonna go back and see, I sort of find it odd the bandwagon went 'easy' when there's people pretty much guilty of the same things as him [no_xs, twomith] to pretty much the same extent.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #210 (isolation #51) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:22 am

Post by Faraday »

Yeah, I'm not even sure how valid it is, re: speed of wagon, it's just when every other wagon seems to be struggling and that one does take off it's odd. it's not usually something I pay attention to.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #214 (isolation #52) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:32 am

Post by Faraday »

I don't see why it's weak; you either believe that's what I was intending or don't. I mean it's not like I couldn't fake reasons to find hiplop scummy that'd be pretty damn easy to do. Have you never voted someone to see how others react to your vote? I find it quite helpful.

I had no specific end goal in mind, I was just curious to see how people would react, not so much hiplop but others, no one seemed to mind that I jumped off my ts vote [which I was fairly convinced in] without a word, although admittedly it doesn't help when there's not that many people posting.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #217 (isolation #53) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:41 am

Post by Faraday »

Eh, not really a gambit. And well, I don't usually explain my thought process that much but I'm being nice here due to IC'ing. Feels weird.

Anyway, yeah as I said I didn't find it that helpful unfortunately, a couple of people just voted hiplop and that was kind of it. No_xs and Hiplop are definitely not scumbuddies. I'd say the same about yourself and ghostlin. In fact my initial theory was [you/jerako[ and that was the reason for the earlier FOS. The way he hopped on to you but then quickly hopped off for what I consider weak reasoning looked iffy to me and a you-scum-flip would certainly make him number 1 on my list for a buddy.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #220 (isolation #54) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:11 pm

Post by Faraday »

omg not taylor swift wtf. :(
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #221 (isolation #55) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:12 pm

Post by Faraday »

Twistedspoon wrote:and if i eventually town flip?
I RE-EVALUATE :? obvious question is obvious.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #227 (isolation #56) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:26 pm

Post by Faraday »

Why do you think scum are more likely to contradict themselves like that? I mean on the surface I guess you could see it as scummy, but I don't see much scum motivation.

I actually don't really see any of what you pointed out as scummy, which I guess is why it's gone unquestioned. I actually don't find his reason 'substance lacking' at all, it makes perfect sense, really.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #228 (isolation #57) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:43 pm

Post by Faraday »

I actually actually actually it seems.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #232 (isolation #58) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:59 am

Post by Faraday »

Someone's going to need to tell me what's wrong with saying you're town, I think.

I say it all the time, usually when I'm fairly obvtown.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #233 (isolation #59) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:39 am

Post by Faraday »

Hey guys what's going on?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #235 (isolation #60) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:49 am

Post by Faraday »

I'm reading execution mafia atm actuaally in between writing an essay.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #238 (isolation #61) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:22 pm

Post by Faraday »

I don't think so.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #247 (isolation #62) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:02 am

Post by Faraday »

Oh fucking hell. Really? One of you welcomes a player and the other has nothing to say? Do
something
. If you're town town will lose this game with an attitude like this. Hiplop is the same. Do something. Put some more ffort in to your scumhunting it's very frustrating for everyone else in the game.

I've read some of execution mafia and skimmed a few of your town games, but I'm doing more now. Eh, I notice a slight difference in tone and it has lessened my suspicions of you somewhat at least. You appear a biit more happy go lucky in your town games I think, although the lack of scum games and the weird mechanics of that make it hard to judge.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #248 (isolation #63) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:03 am

Post by Faraday »

i'm no longer on v/la btw, parama, that's way done
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #254 (isolation #64) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:12 am

Post by Faraday »

If he's not been around that's not scummy.

I'm just ready to lynch anyone on my not town list at the moment.

I should probably mention I get weird vibes from Ghostlin. His/Her (I always think her) play has been fairly okay, but there have been small niggles I'd at least like to get out there before night and maybe convince myself one way or another.

[IC]Also should say, that if the mafia kill correctly 2 night's in a row and we mislynch, Day 3 is MYLO. If I'm not around you should popcorn massclaim, that is someone goes first (maybe someone who's already claimed, or if not someone goes) and then picks the next person to claim. [/IC]
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #256 (isolation #65) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:31 am

Post by Faraday »

What about a mislynch? That is scum motivation (I mean I agree, but to say it's got no scum motivation is a little naive)
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #260 (isolation #66) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:13 pm

Post by Faraday »

Twistedspoon wrote:@no_xs: Upon iso'ing you I'm not seeing much substance at all in your posts. I'll let this be because it's a newbie game for now, but can we have some reads and juicy substance soon please
Any reason you mentioned him over hiplop/twomith?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #261 (isolation #67) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:14 pm

Post by Faraday »

kader too :? fucking hell.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #303 (isolation #68) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:25 am

Post by Faraday »

Jerako why are you asking me inane and pointless questions like 'do I have reason to believe this game will reach mylo'? In what way does this help you determine my alignment. (Protip: it doesn't, you're posturing) I'll get to the rest in a minute, but that stands out.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #304 (isolation #69) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:26 am

Post by Faraday »

Also, please don't respond by bolding in text in a quote tag. it's a pain in the ass to read.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #306 (isolation #70) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:43 am

Post by Faraday »

I swear to fucking god if this is a zazie alt I'm going to murder someone (and you'll end up flaking anyway if you are). If you're not ignore that and welcome to the game.

Also it's standard protocol to have a claim at L-1? And I'm doing it to 'appear pro-town', so this would mean I'd also do it as town, since it's a fucking pro town thing to do. That's terrible. Also it's NOT standard protocol to claim at L-1. It's bad to automatically claim if no one has expressed an interest to hammer.

My points against TS are very valid actually. Calling them weak because you disagree with them doesn't actually change that.

Your next points are equally bad. The reasoning was OBV as I said it in the same post why I unvoted. You don't see why I'd be concerned with a quick hammer in a newbie game? Where people are less likely to pay attention in general? Once again this 'doing the pro town thing' shit. It is pro town to do it, omg I could be scum acting pro town or town being pro town. What a shocking development and something no one could have said.

You're equating poor play with scummy play? They're not even remotely the same thing. Don't do that in the future. He's playing poorly, not scmmy. Read what I wrote instead of making up your own version of what I'm saying.

Pretty sure I've in no way being hypocritical. People are free to not giving reasoning but I can ask, likewise people can ask me for reasoning and I'll give it if I want. Thanks for accurately summing up my position on hiplop, he's a neutral read and thus not a bad lynch by POE
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #307 (isolation #71) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:44 am

Post by Faraday »

The answer to your question is given in what you respond to initially Jerako. Read better.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #308 (isolation #72) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:53 am

Post by Faraday »

Oh and hiplop/noxs obv aren't buddies? Did you see the way noxs asked questions about my hiplop vote, not going to come from a buddy in that manner. Ghostlin/TS idk why, just don't get a sense their a workable scumteam. My reasoning for a hypothetical jerako/ts scumteam is actually very valid, thank you very much. Quickly voting your buddy then unvoting for a weak reason and moving on to someone else is a good way to find byddies.

Also lol @ it doesn't make sense. of course it makes sense, I wanted to see what happens. Stop trying to act all confused around perfectly easily understandable points.
Why does what he say makes perfect sense to you? EXPLAIN gosh darn you. Goodness you keep just putting the bare minimum out and it's annoying me cuz I want more. >_<"
It just makes sense. I can see the thought process and it works.

Also I take REAL fucking issue with me providing the bare minimum when I'm the one driving this game forward. That's flat out wrong.

I'll vote when I'm ready, is there something wrong with not having a vote out?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #309 (isolation #73) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:58 am

Post by Faraday »

Hmm a lot of J's posts seems to come down to disagreeing with the way I play the game, actually. I find it mildly scummy to attack me for that sheer amount of reasons [some of them are clearly objectively not scummy I think]] so it looks manufactured=y to some degree. I need to check who he replaced too, I guess.

And hey, Jerako, you're right I've yet to convince you, but I don't need to. I just need to get someone not on my town list lynched, which I don't think is impossible. I'm not in the habit of explaining my town reads, unless I have to aka they're being lynched.

Why is 'town reads' in quotes like that? How silly of you. I don't really give a shit if you ignore my 'sage' advice, I'm putting it out there to be helpful to the newer players do with it what you will.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #310 (isolation #74) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:59 am

Post by Faraday »

Actually twistedspoon there could be a very valid scum reason to attack me like this, can you really not see it?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #311 (isolation #75) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:59 am

Post by Faraday »

Faraday wrote:Actually twistedspoon there could be a very valid scum reason to attack me like this, can you really not see it?
Don't say what it is, just tell me if you can see it or not.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #312 (isolation #76) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:00 am

Post by Faraday »

Eh J replaced gent? Never mind, town then.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #314 (isolation #77) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:07 am

Post by Faraday »

TOWN (in order)
9. Faraday (IC) - Very pro town. Driving the game forward. Obv obv.
Thomith - Very genuine in his posts, despite the lack of scumhunting. Very prob town. SE paranoia is very townie too, I think.
Kader/No_xs. About the same level. Kader's questions and stubborness are more likely to come from town. Post 5 from no_xs's iso feels like something scum wouldn't say. It's slightly ATE'ish but I'm a sucker for that sort of stuff in the way it was done here.
J - Gent was obvtown enough. Don't like J wasting his vote, but w/e

Everyone else are people I'd vote for.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #315 (isolation #78) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:09 am

Post by Faraday »

Ugh my head wants to vote twistedspoon right now but my gut says he's a mislynch, and his happy go luckyness seems fairly townie (I had a vote typed out for you but deleted it)

Hey twisted what do you think fo J's case in terms of substance since I have you here.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #316 (isolation #79) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:09 am

Post by Faraday »

Also please don't respond with quote strips J. Succinctness is pro town.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #317 (isolation #80) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:16 am

Post by Faraday »

No_xs: I've explained fairly lengthily why I voted hiplop (just to repeat, I wanted to see if anything would come from the bandwagon, I explained my reasons for this, and also noted I had no particular end goal in mind). Is there anything specifically you're confused about?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #318 (isolation #81) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:27 am

Post by Faraday »

Hmm top 3 from everyone would be nice.

Ghostlin/Hiplop/Twistedspoon are still probs my top 3.

Actually fuck it, I don't want to vote for twistedspoon.
Vote hiplop
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #321 (isolation #82) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:36 am

Post by Faraday »

Sure, I can stop swearing, probably.

I actually find it easier to read if you can sum up your thoughts in a paragraph, there's nothing wrong with quoting, I'm talking quote strips that are bad, if that makes sense? Like you quote one part, then another, then another, then another and respond individually. A lot of arguments in mafia tend to resort to that and it's not pleasant to read for anyone.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #322 (isolation #83) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:40 am

Post by Faraday »

You're really reaching there. You shouldn't trust me, you should be questioning me if you think my motives are suspect. Why didn't you bring that up then (or did you? because I don't remember answering that question) as being something you didn't like?

I've given my arguments as to why the people are town are town, I think. Which ones in particular would you like me to try and elaborate on? (My twomith read is pretty clear I thought)

Also is this 'clearly superior skill' thing supposed to be a meme I don't know. I suck damn it ;)

And sure I fully admit to trying to steer the game, I'd like if people voted who I suspected as I trust my scumhunting. I mean I can definitely see why you take issue with it, but I do tend to try and shut down cases I don't agree with rather quickly.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #323 (isolation #84) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:41 am

Post by Faraday »

Oh you suspect ghostlin too? Cool. I shyould probably give her a once over soon but another game has been taking all my energy.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #328 (isolation #85) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:31 am

Post by Faraday »

I'm a qualified IC. I inned to Se too though.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #334 (isolation #86) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:02 am

Post by Faraday »

[J] wrote:
Unvote

Gotta play my cards right, now is not the Day for a Faraday lynch. Maybe toMorrow, doubtful but I'll work harder for it. It really depends on a few thingies.
:goodposting: I don't really need a response, to anything if you're not interested in lynching me today since this is a very pro town post.

Actually, can you rank your neutrals a little more...leaning town/scum for me out of curiousity?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #335 (isolation #87) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:04 am

Post by Faraday »

(actually that's mostly just laziness as I don't want to have to re-respond, I hate making long posts)
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #338 (isolation #88) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:27 am

Post by Faraday »

*If scum TS is a very likely buddy. in fact almost definitely. FMPOV it confims me as town beyond reasonable doubt (I'm biased) due to the way he's softly attacked me for a little while, I think he'd be more forceful with his scumbuddy or avoid it all together. A lot depends on what role he flips to some degree (I.e. if he flips roleblocker you would be cleared beyond reasonable doubt,m you're probably not scum anyway, from the way he sort of folllowed up your walls on me with some comments of his own, I see him as scum trying to cast a wider net if you're buddies)

I think he has a decent chance of flipping scum, he's not on my town lost so I'm willing to lynch him. Tentatively moving TS to a 'not lynch worthy' player too. I think i prefer hiplop. Your argument is fair, but do you see him contributing more for the next day? Also a hiplop scum flip gives a fair bit of information (as would a no_xs scum flip if he was scum, due to their similar levels of content and the way people have approached them I think)

Ttl;dr I'd lynch him if there was support.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #344 (isolation #89) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:47 am

Post by Faraday »

Also lol Faraday those light attacks mean nothing and could actually be construed as him trying to distance from you as scum. Haven't you ever heard of that concept or bussing for that matter? How in god's name though am I cleared if he flips RB? o_O?
F11 is vaguely broken. if we lynch the roleblocker day 1 there's a very good chance we can force an auto town win if it's the cop/doc set-up. (I can elaborate, but think about it, cop/dock combo versus goon is INSANELY powerful)

No clearly I am unfamiliar with bussing and distancing (also scum should bus now, please, it's such a good strategy!).

Why should I consdier a town flip untill it happens? I'm not going to start second guessing all my reads when I don't need to. I think they'll flip scum and have ideas of what I'd look at if they did (i just said some), why the hell would I be even considering what'd happen if they flipped town? I don't do that, it leads to you second guessing your own reads which I've found in the past is bad. Be confident (not arrogant) in your reads, changing your mind is good, but not just because you're all worried you might be wrong.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #345 (isolation #90) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:48 am

Post by Faraday »

you could post the larger post you have copied, i don't mind if it's not worth reading (i'd be interested in seeing what you had)
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #346 (isolation #91) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:50 am

Post by Faraday »

I suppose the fact you weren't aware of f11 strategy means you're not 'cleared' now although I'd expect you to think a lot more about that before bussing your roleblocker anyway, so yeah, actually never mind, point stands.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #347 (isolation #92) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:51 am

Post by Faraday »

(gonna see if I can find the thread on f11 if you're curious, as to what I'm on about, easier than me typing it out too)
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #350 (isolation #93) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:05 am

Post by Faraday »

There is no WIFOM in what I said. F11 is the name of the set-up we're playing btw.

My 'clearly I'm unfamiliar' was sarcasm...

I'm sorry you don't like my certainty, but well I don't second guess myself. Trying to spin that as being scummy is wrong. It's as inane as saying double posting is scummy. And anyway, I'm too confident? So I'm bussing them? Bussing both? How does that even work as tell? There are only 2 scum. Maybe you missed earlier, ts asked what I'd do if he flipped town, I re-evaluae after the flip, waste of time to do so before it.

And once again WHY should I as town think about bussing in regard to me? You don't make any sense. You're calling me scummy here or 'off' for being confident. newsflash I'm confident in most games, it's independant of my alignment.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #351 (isolation #94) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:08 am

Post by Faraday »

http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 7#p1563427 on the general f11 don't bus your rb'er thing.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #355 (isolation #95) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:02 am

Post by Faraday »

[J] wrote:Also we are only talking n00bie set-ups? Alright then, it would be dumb to bus the RB D1. Past exp. is muddling me.
Yeah, only talking about this game.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #356 (isolation #96) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:05 am

Post by Faraday »

[J] wrote:Faraday, what's strawmanning mean?
I'm not strawmanning you. I'm responding to what you wrote

(on the chance this was an honest question it's when 'This argument commits the straw man fallacy. It misrepresents the position of the opposing side in such a way that the opposing position appears obviously false or ridiculous.' )
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #358 (isolation #97) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:07 am

Post by Faraday »

'fmpov' although I suppose I treat myself as confirmed town anyway, so it makes no real difference.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #362 (isolation #98) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:09 am

Post by Faraday »

also 'softly attacking' isn't something I've done to you at all...at least use a correct analogy.

Edit: Aww I feel bad now >_> Sorry, I just assumed someone who's played as much games as you appear to have would have heard of it :P SORRY.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #363 (isolation #99) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:10 am

Post by Faraday »

It can mean different things though, @ strawman, if you're unsure on something I do say, just ask me and I'll try to explain it as best I can.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #364 (isolation #100) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:10 am

Post by Faraday »

(well it can't really mean that many different things but people including me use it incorrectly, damn buzzwords)
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #373 (isolation #101) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:43 am

Post by Faraday »

no_xs wrote:
Faraday wrote:http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p2938985 I'd like the questions here answered please, Hiplop.
Please

I'm fine now, or at least not V/la. Lack of activity is annoying. Trying to force blood from a stone is what this feels like at times. if you're town and you're lurking you're absolutely doing it wrong. pick it up.
i can't see any question there. Someone asked me what i think about each one of you. I can't say who's town and who's scum. You all look town to me.
hiplop wrote:Kadersalad; Just going MIA as well as asking the questions, saying scum hunting can wait, etc.

No_xs really is just a gut feeling, has generally been lurking/ hasn't really said/done anything
i don't know what to say. it's my first game online and it's hard for me to see who's scum without seeing their faces.

^^no_xs has looked really townie since this post ftr. I don't intend to let her be lynched today if at all possible.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #374 (isolation #102) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:44 am

Post by Faraday »

Hrm. My earlier post didn't go through, confused. Anyway J, thoughts on a ghostlin lynch? Doable? Y/n?

(also 10+ games on a site with a fairly high quality game, that probably differs from MS in countless ways)
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #375 (isolation #103) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:47 am

Post by Faraday »

no_xs wrote:thanks [J] but seems that these newbie games don't really teach newbies anything
You can't be taught to scumhunt. The newbie games let you adapt to the meta game here [style of play, basically] and allow an area where newbs can flake pretty much. You'll also learn how to deal with claims (or should) and things like massclaiming via popcorn (if you're alive). Can't tell you
how
to find scum, it's impossible to try and tell someone for me since I rely on gut, but even for those players with clear logical reason you have to try figure out what works best for you and use that.

Posting, asking questions about things that bother you, getting engaged in the game are all good ways to start. Don't just ask questions, make observations on other peoples posting, try and see if you can work out the motive behind a post. My motive here? I'm a nice chap.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #381 (isolation #104) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:23 am

Post by Faraday »

hiplop is online. expecting a post.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #390 (isolation #105) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:05 am

Post by Faraday »

so what if hiplop is scum J? when do we lynch him?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #393 (isolation #106) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:25 am

Post by Faraday »

Username: Faraday. GET IT RIGHT >_>
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #396 (isolation #107) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:26 am

Post by Faraday »

you think ts is scummy for being happy go lucky? give me 1 example of jerakos fake scumhunting too, i.e. where you think he's being fake.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #398 (isolation #108) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:28 am

Post by Faraday »

[J] wrote: TwistedSpoon's attitude is a key factor? Why haven't you gotten on my happy-go-lucky AtE'ness yet? Or are you saying he is very oppurtunistic?
oh holy fuck what are you doing? :neutral: DON'T GIVE HIM AN OUT.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #399 (isolation #109) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:29 am

Post by Faraday »

also i'm lostfap on a different forum.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #401 (isolation #110) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:32 am

Post by Faraday »

no as hiplop can just come back and say he meant opportunistic now (well maybe not now). don't give outs when asking questions at all. let them explain themselves.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #403 (isolation #111) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:36 am

Post by Faraday »

kskskskskdkdkddklkskdkdkdskldlkdskldssdklsdkdskdskldskldsdsk

k. >_>
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #411 (isolation #112) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:47 am

Post by Faraday »

[J] wrote: The way you are is.......strange.
:lol:

ts gets townpoints though kately.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #430 (isolation #113) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:20 pm

Post by Faraday »

unvote vote jerako
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #435 (isolation #114) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:23 pm

Post by Faraday »

WHAT'S WRONG WITH THE IRISH? SCUMBAG.

also, you asked me a question earlier, I forgot what it was, but I'll, oh never mind. yeah i like ts picking up the pace a little recently, that and a quick meta check did help alleviate some of my worries although my gut keeps telling me he's just mislynch bait due to the way he plays, and i'm confusing that with scumminess, his aggressiveness is nice to see lately.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #439 (isolation #115) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:27 pm

Post by Faraday »

i'm not endorsing not voting, but i'm not going to vote for the sake of it (well i might, but I didn't here)
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #442 (isolation #116) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:42 pm

Post by Faraday »

[J] wrote:Also what changed your mind to Jeraco, Faraday?
hiplop got townier in his last couple of posts.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #459 (isolation #117) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:48 am

Post by Faraday »

This game makes my head hurt. I'll get back to you all later. Jerako's big post was :okayposting: though.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #463 (isolation #118) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:26 am

Post by Faraday »

hey ghostlin do you think jerako is scum?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #467 (isolation #119) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:12 am

Post by Faraday »

[J] wrote:I say we just go through with the Jeraco lynch.

Lynch Faraday/Kader toMorrow.

Most likely Kader since no one will wanna lynch Faraday then we will lynch Faraday.
you're very bad at this. stop setting up lynches.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #470 (isolation #120) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:16 am

Post by Faraday »

Not a newbie. For someone who finds it odd that i'm not considering flips, he's doing the exact same thing.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #471 (isolation #121) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:17 am

Post by Faraday »

If Hiplop is scum J is the buddy, just in case people don't see that.

KJader and Ghostlin are also very probably not buddies.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #473 (isolation #122) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:20 am

Post by Faraday »

Also i'd go as far as saying lining up lynches all the way to a possible endgame isn't anti town it's scummy.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #475 (isolation #123) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:21 am

Post by Faraday »

Read their interactions. Bear in mind this doesn't mean if J is scum hiplop is the buddy. (although he's a probable buddy). The defense of hiplop by saying his lynch doesn't give any information is terrible.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #476 (isolation #124) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:21 am

Post by Faraday »

I'm talking about the way Kader got on the wagon, I think he'd be hesitant to follow buddy ghostlin on to it as he'd be afraid he'd look bad.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #478 (isolation #125) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:29 am

Post by Faraday »

POE. (process of elimination).
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #480 (isolation #126) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:32 am

Post by Faraday »

Ghostlin is also scummy.

One of my town reads is probably wrong as per usual, but I'm not sure which.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #482 (isolation #127) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:45 am

Post by Faraday »

confirmed townie =/= confirmed correct, but yes it's always good to consider the thoughts of a dead townie. I doubt you'll be nightkilled personally but okay.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #486 (isolation #128) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:27 am

Post by Faraday »

No you're setting up lynches. End of.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #487 (isolation #129) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:28 am

Post by Faraday »

And the hiplop/you connection is obvious. Why you'd encourage someone to make a case on you is beyond me though.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #491 (isolation #130) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:36 am

Post by Faraday »

Cases are overrated. The connection's in the thread, and it's pretty clear. I've already touched on WHY your unwillingness to lynch him is incredibly bad. If he was scum then it makes you his buddy. But since I'm not voting hiplop I've no real intention

I've already posted my town reads. [Twosmith/No_nx] are the strongest. You and kader are then. then hiplop.

Edit: That's cool. I don't care.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #493 (isolation #131) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:44 am

Post by Faraday »

Well yeah, pretty much. There's no solid evidence for anything, tbh.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #495 (isolation #132) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:46 am

Post by Faraday »

Oh? What changed your tune? I thought he was a very bad lynch?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #497 (isolation #133) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:47 am

Post by Faraday »

Also stop trying to policy lynch me, I don't care if you dislike my playstyle, I'm not changing it.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #498 (isolation #134) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:48 am

Post by Faraday »

Eh? They're town, that's why. I'm not going to lynch a town read barring I have to do it to prevent no lynch.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #500 (isolation #135) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:51 am

Post by Faraday »

If he flips town, it implicates you ALOT more as scum in my eyes.
...then you vote hiplop. Who has been a terrible lynch up to this point. Just after being called out on your connection to him. Ooh this is exciting? Are you trying to distance(fake distance) or are you really just a reactive townie?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #501 (isolation #136) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:51 am

Post by Faraday »

The real answer is that they're town. I'm not making up reasons just to please you.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #506 (isolation #137) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:59 am

Post by Faraday »

[J] wrote:
Trust me duder,
I know how to distance correctly and I wouldn't do something so haphazardly stupid.
You've lost my trust.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #508 (isolation #138) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:01 am

Post by Faraday »

[J] wrote: Change of tune is to have some fun. I am a sporatic person.
Yeah, no.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #511 (isolation #139) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:02 am

Post by Faraday »

Your actions surrounding me don't match with your apparent level of suspicion btw, might want to work on it.

TS: Because they're town. They're townies. I'm not lynching people I think are townies.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #512 (isolation #140) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:03 am

Post by Faraday »

doesn that mean you no longer have a town read on her
No it just means it's been downgraded.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #514 (isolation #141) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:05 am

Post by Faraday »

I'm not the one who wants to lynch the person who was previously a bad lynch. Stop using buzzwords when they're not relevant. There is no 'flip flop'.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #518 (isolation #142) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:07 am

Post by Faraday »

[spoilr=not a spoiler anymore]you can't even justify your hiplop switch[/spoilr]

They're town TS. I've already said why. I think I covered why no_xs was town previously in one of my iso posts Twomith the same.

ebwop: lmao.
Last edited by Parama on Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #519 (isolation #143) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:07 am

Post by Faraday »

[J] wrote:
TwistedSpoon, let's make Faraday co-operate with some pressure on him alright? He's just saying things to say things now and he isn't even trying to help town at all. He isn't scum-hunting. He's doing pseudo-scumhunting.
Sorry you don't seem to understand. This isn't a negotiation. This won't work.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #523 (isolation #144) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:09 am

Post by Faraday »

Twistedspoon wrote:
and no more circular logic please or I'll just go and cry :'(
I'm not using circular logic at all. I think you mean something else?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #525 (isolation #145) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:10 am

Post by Faraday »

Twistedspoon wrote:
What I think deep down:

The thing is

faraday's reads are just so off the flow of play, yet so original he just has to be town

If he was scum it would make no sense for him to have the players that are the easiest to lynch as town reads
Or maybe he's just trying to get the majority of the newbies into his good books, I don't know
I'd probably have some of these reads as scum. But would save twomith/no_xs for a mislynch in lylo. They're easy lynches really.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #528 (isolation #146) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:11 am

Post by Faraday »

[J] wrote:I'm offering to TwistedSpoon I would like to pressure you more. He doesn't have to follow me but I'm making it known. I would like his input on you though since I believe I can trust it.

I.e. if TS suggested a path he wanted I'll see what I can do.
Nothing to do with the problematic hiplop vote.

Hey TS, what do you think of the hiplop vote? How does it make sense, ISO J. There's no gradual thought process, absolutely nothing. It only comes after being called out. Like he wants to clear his name via hiplop townie in a way.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #530 (isolation #147) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:12 am

Post by Faraday »

Twistedspoon wrote:
Or you have a magic gut
It's this. Check my recent games, I like to think my scumhunting has been pretty damn spot on lately. (obv you can't assume I'm town, but still, I'm saying I'm confident in my town reads)
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #533 (isolation #148) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:14 am

Post by Faraday »

I don't like us clogging up the thread. I'm prone to OMGUS unfortunately so it's probably affecting my view of J, but the hiplop vote is very scummy.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #534 (isolation #149) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:15 am

Post by Faraday »

no_xs wrote:
Faraday wrote:http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p2938985 I'd like the questions here answered please, Hiplop.
Please

i can't see any question there. Someone asked me what i think about each one of you. I can't say who's town and who's scum. You all look town to me.
hiplop wrote:Kadersalad; Just going MIA as well as asking the questions, saying scum hunting can wait, etc.

No_xs really is just a gut feeling, has generally been lurking/ hasn't really said/done anything
i don't know what to say. it's my first game online and it's hard for me to see who's scum without seeing their faces.

^^^^ townie post from no_xs. town read is strong based on this alone.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #536 (isolation #150) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:17 am

Post by Faraday »

They can react after the fact which helps if they're scum. Reacting in real time's a good way to get reads, admittedly. It's a pity more of them aren't online.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #539 (isolation #151) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:19 am

Post by Faraday »

Being unable to scumhunt isn't a symptom of being scum in a newbies case. If you're new to the game it makes sense for either alignment. But that post was from a townie so it's ok.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #541 (isolation #152) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:20 am

Post by Faraday »

You don't find her approach to the vote troubling at all? J's no longer voting hiplop (got off that quick)
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #542 (isolation #153) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:22 am

Post by Faraday »

Twistedspoon wrote:@Faraday: you do know If we lynch hiplop and he flips scum, you'll be a very large suspect

very large
Well that's good to know (I've no idea what this post is supposed to achieve)
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #545 (isolation #154) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:27 am

Post by Faraday »

Sure.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #546 (isolation #155) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:27 am

Post by Faraday »

Hmm though gent started the hiplop wagon? fucking replacements :?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #547 (isolation #156) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:28 am

Post by Faraday »

unvote vote ghostlin
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #549 (isolation #157) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:36 am

Post by Faraday »

Ghostlin > Hiplop I think.

Aeh changed my mind
unvote vote jerako
I guess.

L-2 I believe.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #552 (isolation #158) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:43 am

Post by Faraday »

*Eh. STOP PICKING ON MY TYPOS.

Asking questions doesn't make you town. Don't be so melodramatic, he's got a good chance of being scum. Help me lynched Ghostlin if you've a town read on Jerako, I'm happy enough with either.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #554 (isolation #159) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:46 am

Post by Faraday »

But I don't really think he's scum :?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #558 (isolation #160) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:55 am

Post by Faraday »

You've not been reading my posts lately TS :P I've felt some of his recent posting has been pro town, he was always neutral before that.

That'd not really be a bus more like an attempt at distancing, but then again I don't bus so ._.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #567 (isolation #161) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:11 am

Post by Faraday »

Twistedspoon wrote:If hiplop flips scum, Faraday's defence of him over the smallest things strongly marks him as his buddy
'Over the smallest of things', no.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #569 (isolation #162) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:13 am

Post by Faraday »

That doesn't even make sense.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #570 (isolation #163) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:14 am

Post by Faraday »

Twistedspoon wrote:
Faraday wrote:I've felt some of his recent posting has been pro town, he was always neutral before that.
oh, where he explains the meaning of fap, goes v/la, returns from v/la, asks for a formatting advice and lists you as a town read
that's a very unfair characterisation of his posts I think.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #571 (isolation #164) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:14 am

Post by Faraday »

If hiplop flips town am I scummy for defending him too?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #573 (isolation #165) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:17 am

Post by Faraday »

Kadersalad wrote:
Somebody actually made sense ^^^^. This is a Terrible learning Environment. J and Faraday are blowing my minds, I can't even understand why they vote who they vote. I've been reading through but I cannot catch Up. And I don't want to really listen to anybody because I haveing trouble trusting anybody's word over another.
This frustration at the game is more likely to come from town. But I'm not really sure why you're frustrated, this day's gone on way too long in all honesty both in page length and time, people on the smaller wagons should commit.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #574 (isolation #166) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:17 am

Post by Faraday »

Kadersalad wrote:
Faraday wrote:That doesn't even make sense.
Why are you defending Hiplop, Give a Very Detailed Answer
I defend my town reads. Have I not made that quite clear? Are you asking me why he's town?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #580 (isolation #167) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:22 am

Post by Faraday »

Because it's already been implied I'm scummy regardless of waht way hiplop flips, I find that quite interesting.

But I thought he was town before he suspected me...you're not making any sense. Does he even suspect me? Where did he indicate that?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #582 (isolation #168) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:25 am

Post by Faraday »

Is there some reason I shouldn't bring up a valid point?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #583 (isolation #169) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:26 am

Post by Faraday »

Also he hasn't said he suspected me. Not sure where you're getting that from at all.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #585 (isolation #170) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:27 am

Post by Faraday »

Those two things were in seperate posts. I also responded to the hiplop question. Did you miss that or something?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #588 (isolation #171) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:29 am

Post by Faraday »

Yes, I've clearly said doing nothing makes you town. No seriously, you know I haven't said that, don't ask pointless questions. I'd prefer to lynch scum.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #589 (isolation #172) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:30 am

Post by Faraday »

Twistedspoon wrote:
Faraday wrote:Those two things were in seperate posts. I also responded to the hiplop question. Did you miss that or something?
no, kader still thought you hadn't hence the post of his at the top of the page
Uh, so? I had, that's the point. It's not 'changing the subject' when I respond to the damn question.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #592 (isolation #173) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:32 am

Post by Faraday »

Neither of those things make sense as a way of expressing you're suspect of someone. The second/3rd quote doesn't even make sense as a request :?

And no, everyone's not a suspect.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #595 (isolation #174) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:34 am

Post by Faraday »

Thomith wrote:
Faraday wrote:Yes, I've clearly said doing nothing makes you town. No seriously, you know I haven't said that, don't ask pointless questions. I'd prefer to lynch scum.
So in your opinion someone who scumhunts alot is more likely mafia than an active lurker?
Is this a specific question to this game? In general no.

Because by saying something doesnt make you town you are basicly saying the other does.
That's completely and utterly factually incorrect. Example: Posting smileys doesn't make you town. You'd not say not posting smileys makes you town would you?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #596 (isolation #175) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:35 am

Post by Faraday »

Twistedspoon wrote:
Faraday wrote: And no, everyone's not a suspect.
so you have 100% confirmed townies then do you?
No. That doesn't negate that not everyone's a suspect though.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #598 (isolation #176) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:37 am

Post by Faraday »

Kadersalad wrote:"Scum until proven Town."
No. Why did tyou ask me a question if you don't care about my answer?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #600 (isolation #177) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:39 am

Post by Faraday »

Thomith wrote:
Faraday wrote: And no, everyone's not a suspect.
this is just...
You are saying if there was a murder in a room not everyone in the room would be suspects because your gut says so?
Nice Logic.
That's a terrible analogy and in no way relevant.

Are you guys done trying to ask me questions about my playstyle (i.e. everything I've said here is pretty much MD worthy, including not everyone's a suspect)
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #602 (isolation #178) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:41 am

Post by Faraday »

Because I don't think [no_xs/twomith] are mafia. I don't suspect them. I can always become suspicious of them if they do scummy things...how is this in any way relevant?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #604 (isolation #179) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:42 am

Post by Faraday »

And you didn't think to say that? lol? Or clarify what you meant? Or ANYTHING. um.

J was online and didn't make a post. How sad.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #606 (isolation #180) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:47 am

Post by Faraday »

I didn't refuse to talk about it. I said I don't think he is. I'm not sure how they're the same. He
might
be scum, but he's most probably not.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #609 (isolation #181) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:51 am

Post by Faraday »

Oh, I don't really have a lot of detail. He looks like someone's who's struggling to adapt to the MS environment, I think that could be harder for a townie to do given where he's used to playing, where the gulf in analysis and class is huge. (Now of course, you don't play there you don't know that so omg). I do think his latest posts have been him trying to scumhunt at least, I mean sure he's parroting to some extent but he's put a bit of effort in his posts when he really wasn't under that much pressure as far as I can recall. I think his play is town motivated. His suspect list isn't bad either, I guess.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #611 (isolation #182) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:53 am

Post by Faraday »

Ugh. I hate this, but while I'm at it, I'll see if I can do the same for jerako scum and some of my town reads.

TS you realise I've explicitly stated I NEVER found him scummy? Seriously dude, read the thread.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #613 (isolation #183) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:56 am

Post by Faraday »

OMG how did you miss that whole discussion?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #614 (isolation #184) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:57 am

Post by Faraday »

Bandwagonning is helpful and I wanted to see what'd happen was the tl'dr of it.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #616 (isolation #185) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:59 am

Post by Faraday »

...you've asked me questions on tha before too I'm pretty sure. how the heck do you forget? :P

anyway you're distracting me with nonsense, let me see if I can do those reads. INB4 why's everywhere.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #617 (isolation #186) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:04 am

Post by Faraday »

Eh, just a sentence.

Kader's town b/c of the early stubbonrness and the frustration with the game. The latter's a strong tell, so bump him ahead of J I guess in terms of overall read strength. The early questions I'd have expected him to move on from if scu, under pressure from an IC. He didn't know I didn't find him scummy, and he'd probably have been more likely to appease me as scum.

No_xs as I said. I think the post about reading faces is probably true, and explains the difficulty in scumhunting. Playing face to face is [apparently] completely different, I've never done it myself but people like Mina say so and she's super awesomely right most of the time. I think this explains a great deal about her play too, if you look at it from the context that she doesn't jknow how to scumhunt some of the random questions and thing like that look better. Could she be scum possibly unable to fakescumhunt? Yes, that's true, I guess, but I don't think that's too likely given the way she's been speaking.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #619 (isolation #187) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:08 am

Post by Faraday »

Player on the site, irrelevant other than the fact f2f is different from forum mafia.

Anyone around? Want everyone's opinion on ghostlin, asap.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #620 (isolation #188) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:09 am

Post by Faraday »

Hey TS, read ghostlin's iso. Tell me what you think please.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #623 (isolation #189) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:11 am

Post by Faraday »

She wishes.

Thanks.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #626 (isolation #190) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:13 am

Post by Faraday »

http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p2870715 @ kadersalad.

Hmm okay, let me tell you what I'm talking about. Meh, was hoping you'd see it as it makes her more likely scum if both of us see something off.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #628 (isolation #191) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:18 am

Post by Faraday »

There's a lot of early theory early on for ghost. This can be used as a mask if you're not doing anything else. he's not doing THAT much else, I feel.

Look at the votes his made. The reasoning behind the twomith vote reeks. I don't see why being suspicous of an Se is a scumtell, and I don't know, I really don't like the second point in Iso9 either.

Her agreement with me w/r/t Kadersalad is iffy, I don't really see if ghostlin was a curious townie that he'd jump to that conclusion. It seemed very null and it looked like he was jumping on to something dodgy following what he thougth was my reasoning.

That feels weak once I've expressed it but it's still there.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #629 (isolation #192) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:18 am

Post by Faraday »

Twistedspoon wrote:lost butterfly looks like the
Real
M.Faraday
(huh, I didn't give reasoning for any of my votes that game btw)
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #632 (isolation #193) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:23 am

Post by Faraday »

Bottom of the page. Display posts by : change it to the player you want to read.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #635 (isolation #194) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:25 am

Post by Faraday »

Please let him read it with an open mind :(
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #649 (isolation #195) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:44 pm

Post by Faraday »

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sit on the fence.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #650 (isolation #196) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:46 pm

Post by Faraday »

translation of ghostlin post 'a few people seem to suspect faraday now, i might as well too'
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #651 (isolation #197) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:47 pm

Post by Faraday »

Oh man. Jerako who do you want to lynch right now?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #652 (isolation #198) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:48 pm

Post by Faraday »

LOOK AT GHOSTLIN'S PATTERN ALL GAME BTW, have you ever offered any new suspects or insight to the game? This is a genuine question, I don't think you have.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #653 (isolation #199) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:49 pm

Post by Faraday »

but seems to think cases are crap,

^ but this is true.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”