Newbie 1082: No Country for Old Mafia - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (isolation #0) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:24 am

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

Hey guys!

So I have pretty much read/skimmed the whole game last night so I know were it is at. Unfortunantly, you will have to allow me time to go back and make sure I have what was said correctly paired to the player who said it. I might get a small post off this morning, but more will come this afternoon
Apologies for falling off the face of the earth.
I'M BACK BABY FOR A LIMITED TIME*!
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #426 (isolation #1) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:15 pm

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

Ok. Let's see if I can tackle Thor's question first.

Final vote count of D1. Yes, you are right. If you are town (which I will admit, D1 I did have a town read on the IC) then there were no scum on the lynch. But the VCA door swings both ways. You could be the only scum on the wagon as well.
Now D2, we have
Batboy
zMuffinMan and
L-Block
[L] on the lynch. This makes so much more sense to me seeing as how my gut says they are the scum team. D1 zMuffinMan was probably attacking the IC seeing as they might be the biggest threat, and [L] was hiding, not committing to either wagon.

Now the little burst for him calling you out on you calling him out for wanting a no-lynch (little argument from #386):
Do you honestly believe that crazyscum would be pushing a no-lynch for the purpose of killing of the Doc that night just to end up with another day phase? At this point of the game, a no-lynch would just validate the doc claim, but I for one am willing to believe the claim and move on.

If you could be so kinda and repeat anything else you want answered. I didn't really think of bringing anything else up on it right now.

zMuffinMan seems like he is trying to discredit the doc claim today. I will admit though, I used to think that scum would sometimes purposely use a no-kill to create situations like this, I think I know better now. There was no reason the scum would try such a gambit when they didn't need to. Right now the game is in their favor and a risk like that is totally uncalled for imo.

More to come on [L] later. But by PoE I just have zMuffinMan, [L], and Thor to choose from. Although I do have a town read on Thor so that really only leaves two >__>

(Unless there is a lucky Wing/Thor scum team...then I will admit I will be blindsided by that)
Now, off to do my taxes
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (isolation #2) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:30 pm

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

@Misder

Code: Select all

[url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2911798#p2911798]#187[/url]

Gives you this

I forgot if anyone brought this up, but I am going to get this right now. When you do ISO posts like you did, doing that will save SOOO much space >_>

As for your question. I think it was fine. At first I thought it might have been trying to hard to look town, but when I actually looked at what you wrote, I honestly believed you are town. A certain post from you during D2 only confirmed my thoughts.
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (isolation #3) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:13 pm

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

[L] wrote:
Vote: No Lynch

What crazy said. Is it possible the scum are messing with our heads and didn't target anyone? I hope they did target someone.

I'm sorry Prosaurus, but your play was so scummy. :( I'd say WingDamage or Romanus/Zorblag would be my next suspects, but I'll wait until they get guilty scans.
First throws out they no-kill theory. Also hints at there being a cop. Like...HARDCORE hinting right here. You guys see it too right?

@[L]- In the post I pointed out, and other subsequent posts, you hinted at there being a cop. Why?
[L] wrote: It was at this point [the claim] that us newbs lost control of the game, and I honestly feel like we're being handled, and shown a certain way to think. You, Zorblag, came onto the scene and handily convinced us that Wing is telling the truth. Now, granted, a lot of his posts could be like a doctor keeping a low profile - but it is the lack of scumhunting that is sticking in my craw. Up until this point, I've been getting a town read on Wing, but it was just based on intuition. I never really looked at Wing because of this. Looking at him in ISO right now though, opens up possibilities that he's the real scum, at this point. I'm suspicious of you and Wing at this point in time.

I'm conflicted though, because the mafia failed or did not kill last night. If the scum were newbs, then we should believe they failed, because all newbs would attempt a kill. If they were experienced people, then we should believe they failed, or are running a gambit.
There is a lot of posts from her that also try to throw doubt on the doc claim and cast suspicion on "experienced" players. Just one of them.
[L] wrote:Posts 318-322 caused me to strongly doubt my vote. I got the feeling that two townies were going at it, and that the scum were lurking. I honestly get the feeling of being handled by those who are more experienced. I'm very grateful to how Zorblag taught me things like how mass claims work; but when I think about the conclusions drawn I cannot see his logic. I've played a lot of mafia in the real world - but it can't be all that different. When mass claims happen, people lie. It happened! So what if more people were not lying, besides scum?
You don't see why the massclaim was a better idea than a no-lynch? And really, sooooooooo many posts from here that are subtly pushing for a Zorblag/Thor lynch. Why did you unvote Thor again? Is it because Wing or Misder didn't hope on so Muffin could hammer?

When you read through all her posts from D3 post massclaim, I just get the feeling the scum messed up and forgot to fake claim a PR.
hmmmmmmmmm
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #431 (isolation #4) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:56 am

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

Yup yup
VOTE: [L]
bored in class and reread D2. Yeah, the hammer was scummy, but the momentum created by Muffin and [L] is really scummy.

*waits for everyone to come back and comment*
Popcorn.gif
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (isolation #5) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:15 am

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

You are right. I liked this one
Misder wrote:@crazy Technically, I'm not confirmed. There still is the chance that scum did not send in a hit. However, I will give you that it is highly unlikely.
Why would scum give up a confirmed town look? Yeah, pretty weak by itself, but when you look at everything else, I think it is enough to tip the scale in his favor.
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (isolation #6) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:13 am

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

Hmm?
*looks back at my other post*
Oh. Typo. Sorry about that
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #438 (isolation #7) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:39 am

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

How did I take them out of context?

Who is my scum buddy then?
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (isolation #8) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:15 am

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

Then would you be willing to agree to disagree and vote Muffin?
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #451 (isolation #9) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:02 pm

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

Wow.....
Really people?
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (isolation #10) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:10 pm

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

Thor, I would have really expected a lot better from you. :(

It was so bleedingly obvious Muffin was scum. As for the momentum, look back at how the wagon was formed D2. Scum are usually never the people that hammer (unless it is game winning like the one here.) D2 all they needed to do was get someone close and trick a townie to hammer for them. Then bussing the hell out of the townie usually would be the next step, but in this case Wing claimed Doc and was obv. town.

@Thor: I know! I saw the VCA and was like "AWWW ****! I know Thor is town, and I am town...but he is not going to believe it that easily. And I have a some gullible newbies to swing on my side but will be hard taking on the scum 2v1"

Horrible attacks on the IC were HORRIBLE this game. Really. And all the crap spewing from Muffin about how the scum could have pulled off a gambit was sooo bad.
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (isolation #11) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:25 pm

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

Yeah. Wish Wing would have unvoted me. I honestly forgot that he was voting me so I flipped out and thought Muffin actually claimed scum when he thought it was a lynch and I thought it was still at L-1.

GG scum though. Just need to work on covering your tracks a bit and you guys have it made :P
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #466 (isolation #12) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:59 am

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

Vote Count Analysis.

Like Thor said, usual it can be really useful, but in this game D1 was null because it was all town on the lynching wagon.
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (isolation #13) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:44 pm

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

One thing I have noticed is that comparing your PBPA to Misder's is that you came off more... aggressive...if that is the word I wanted to use. Like...you seemed to be attacking everyone for everything.

Honestly though, the thing that made me know Thor's slot was town was this. When Troll dude did the massclaim, he had Wing go first. That was a pro town thing imo because at that point that hammer made him look the worst. Only way I could see him bussing his partner like that first is if it was a gambit. But if you look back, N2 is when the first IC started to flake out. Meaning, there would have been no planning in the scum's QT about planning that mass claim.
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (isolation #14) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:11 am

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

Things happen sometimes :(

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”